Ubisoft thinks the NX will "Recapture Wii Players"

mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/ubisoft-says-nintendo-nx-will-recapture-wii-players-nintendo-addressing-family-market/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ZZdx8
archive.is/YUXvh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so in other words, it will be an underpowered gimmick with amiibos.

RIP Nintendo

archive.is/ZZdx8

oh so NX will be fucked harder than wii u?
welp.

Oh fuck no

And it's dead to me even before I really know what it is.
Great job Ubishit and jewtendo.

N I N T E N D O O M

Remember when games just had to be good and it didn't matter how they looked?

You people are fucking cancer

They thought this with the Wii U, too. Then they ported ZombieU to other consoles because the Wii U sold like shit.

Don't they know the Wii was basically lightning in a bottle? Why are they even trying to get back that audience, they moved not only to PS4 but also to smartphones and tablets.

At the same time, the Wii was so weak that Nintendo could barely even stylize their games. Take a look at the Wii mini game series as an example.

Gaming was always about pushing boundaries and about technological advancement. Go look at old TV commercials for the SNES, Genesis, or N64. Fuck off with this "it's only about the gameplay" cancer. It never existed in a major way until Nintendofags started pushing it during the Wii years.

so the same faggots that bought wiiu will get nx? at least nintendoom knows their audience.

Did you ever watch old video game commercials. Wanna bet a word they used to get you to buy it? I do
insane graphics
8 Bit Action
64 bit Graphics

Remember when people weren't retarded?

No, because those times never happened.

they said the same thing about the WiiU. whenever a third part company cheers Nintendo on they know it will be bad for Nintendo because they want Nintendo dead.

gaming has been about both that and also graphics. stupid faggots like ab09e5 seem to be very good at blocking out the parts of the 90s were all people gave a shit about were "bits" and "pixels" and stupid shit that are basically their "muh 1080p/2k/4k/ect.
fucking nintendo 64, sega 32X, ect..

No shit faggots, but I was expecting better from this place. Great games can be made on shit hardware. To this day there's no console that has a better line up than the PS2 despite all the advancements that have been done.

You people are supposed to be the guys that don't actually listen to shit like this and play good games, despite how they look. And instead you are exactly as bad as the most casual faggot that buys the latest Call of Duty because it looks good.

Shame on you.

clever bait. i've never fallen for bait of this calibre before.
well done shitlord.

What Wii players?

Wii probably has the worst attach rates of any console in the history of the industry

Please tell me what console has better games than the PS2. I'll be waiting.

The difference is that 8 bit and 16 bit looked EXTREMELY different. All graphical advancements were gigantic during the 90s. Nowadays it hit the point of diminishing return so hard that it's beyond ridiculous.

Saying that

is the same as

is retarded.

Dwarf Fortress, Nethack, and MUDs would like a word with you.

"I was expecting better."
By what? being wrong?
Sorry I hurt your feelings but graphics do matter to a point.
pc gaming is nothing but casuals then.

MUH ZEITGEIST

Because Conduit outsold Wii fit right?

6th generation was the best fuckin generation for video game consoles, because no console had the best lineup. PS2/XBOX/GC all had fucking amazing exclusives, but xbox just happened to have godlike specs compared to both, therefore it had the best ports.
get your head outta your ass and go looking around. I can gurantee your pretty little ass that you'll find metric fucktons of good ass exclusives for each console.

w-wut

Specs don't matter in what i said, my point was that either way all people gave a shit about was how many "bits" or "pixels" they could pump out of the newest tech both yesterday and today. Yesteryear it was the jump between 16 bit and 32, today it's the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 ect.

nigger what? i never said that.

Casuals, killing the industry, posting on Holla Forums
Jesus.

Conduit looked like shit. PS4 on the other hand outsold every other console of its gen only because it had shiny graphics. It doesn't even have any games.

I like a few games on Xbox and GC, but they were miles behind PS2. Ps2 still has the best lineup, Xbox and GC are close seconds.

Remember the rumors of EA's sabotage?

Playing Bioshock 1 made realize that people have irredeemably shit taste.

True, but my point was that being hyped or caring for it yesteryear was justified, today it's not.

I would be inclined to agree with your point. Now it comes down to engine capabilties such as who has the bouncier tiddies and better flowing hair and the like.

Have a look around laddy, you won't regret it. PS2 is great and all, but once you're neck deep in Xbone OG and Gamcube, you won't look back. You will because ps2 is still godlike anyway. 6th gen forever.

Technology has improved but it hasn't scaled up directly. You can see the discrepancies from Doom to Quake but it is even more apparent now.
nuDoom has a hard limit of 12 active enemies and the level editor is a fucking joke.
Compare the enemy count in Max Payne 1 and 2 to the enemy count in Max Payne 3
Games like GTA cannot have realistic crowd densities or traffic either

Nintendo is pretty retarded though. Their online system is outdated, ever since the Wii they only seem to care about gimmicks, they barely push for third party exclusives, the hardware they release barely have any storage space for downloads, they barely bring over some games like Fatal Frame that have a niche audience, stupid shit.

But Nintendo got lazy with the Wii, their hardware was generations behind with some games looking worse than GC games, or even barely looking better than Mario sunshine.

All im saying is that I want something to be visually represented in a visual medium. If i wanted to read or watch something, id read a book or watch a fucking movie. Maybe you're the kinda guy that plays with pic related, limited graphics and easy to understand.

I have played pretty much everything I wanted on GC, thanks to Wii emulation. And I'm not saying it's bad, far from it.

Maybe one day emulators for Xbox won't be absolute shit

I never said they weren't.

PS4 outsold everything else because it allowed used games to be playable and microsoft shooting themselves in the foot. If it had no games then how can casuals tell that it has better graphics?

See you're completely misunderstanding the point of "looking good".
Nowadays games are all about realism, you get so fucking few stylized games that they can counted on one hand.

A game can look good, and be stylized, without pandering to ultra realism.
Realism is cancer and takes away from actual important parts of the game. If you support it over style, then you are cancer, make no mistake on that.

WELLL GEEEEE I WONDER WHY

xqemu was abandoned to my knowlege. the dream continues to die.

u-ubisoft no!

WiiU allowed the same and retrocompatibility. And yet it sold less than both Xbone and Ps4.

Coincidence?

I never said I wanted 4k and 120fps for every game. I just want it to look "good enough." for whatever the fuck they are doing.

WiiU was released a year before with literally no games. Not even rereleases. Not to mention that retarded name which made people think it was another peripheral for the WII which had an already abysmal attach rate.

Unlike the PS4, which was full of games.
Oh wait

Everybody is nogaems this gen.

True.

The 8th gen is getting a reboot. Why? It make sense for Nintendo to do it but why is Sony going to piss off all those people that bought a PS4? Or does Sony think that they such big goyim? History has proven them right so far.

Dreamcast was released a year before with literally no games. Not even rereleases. Not to mention that retarded name which made people think it was another peripheral for the Saturn which had an already abysmal attach rate.

i cannot believe there's gonna fucking be a literal gen 8.5
just

fuck

And yet the Ps4 still outsold everybody else.
Why? Because they pushed the idea they had the strongest hardware.
Match and point

You do realize Dreamcast crashed and burned so hard that Sega is out of the console business?

Nice knowing you, Nintendo. The Wii market are happy with there iPhones. You're never getting them back.

Dreamcast sucked dick, m7

Remember when a lot of people said that Wii U wasn't 8th gen because of it wasn't powerful enough?
So is the PS4 Neo 8.5 gen or is the PS4 7.5 gen?

PS4 launched with CoD
Maybe Nintendo should've done the same

No excuse.

Funny you should mention, WiiU had CoD too when it launched.

fuck that shit nigger we 8.5 now because consoles havent been relevant since 6th gen

That's actually directly related to the point I was making and is actually causing it for the most part.

Simply put - 12 nuDoom Revenants are proportionally harder to process and take up EXPONENTIALLY more RAM than 100k Doom 2 revenants due to the increased AI complexity and increased textures. To clarify:

NuRevenant stores at least three different models in RAM (default + various gib variations), at least 4 textures ranging from 2k to 4k (each texture pixel takes up 32 bits of RAM, you got 4096 x 4096, meaning each 4k texture is almost 100MB), dozens of animations, a couple of particle effects and half a dozen sounds.

Old revenant stores a couple of sprites and a couple of sounds.

Same goes for AI. As dumb as nuDoom enemies are their internal coding is far more complex than Doom 2's.

You might think all of that is irrelevant since hardware improved too, but the truth is that proportionally, it hasn't. Nowadays hardware (especially consoles) is always playing catch-up with the software and you always have trade offs. Geaphics would need to stop improving, or rather, stop becoming more expensive (as improvement is a dubious term, you don't really benefit from 8k textures in Shadow of Mordor for example) for half a decade at least for hardware to level out.

The same applies really to most segments of games. Twenty years ago if you wanted to change the quest text in an RPG you'd fire up your quest editor, find the text and type in new text. Today you have to do that, plus bring back the voice actors for a re-shoot (assuming you don't have a scheduling conflict), make a reservation at the recording studio and redo all facial animations. And that is all for just changing text, imagine what happens if you want to change the entire quest. The cost inflation is astronomical.

So yes, the strive for better and better graphics comes at the expense of a lot of content and gameplay related things.

It didn't really have the excuse of "better graphix on Wii U" for casuals. Most multiplats on Wii U in general looked worse, ran worse, and had less features compared to the PS3/360 versions even

its sad how true this is. most of the console exclusives didnt even fucking run at 1080p, a majority were internal 720.

What do you fucking expect at this point? Nintendo is way out of touch these days. Wii was the last Nintendo console I ever purchased, and I'm not looking back.

And that's exactly my point dumbass.
Ps4 sold more because it looked better. Casuals care about how good a game looks, not what games it is.

FUCK

Sega was having problems before Dreamcast. They were just hoping that the DC would save them. it didn't

We are still getting the shit titles like FO4 and Bioshock. We are all fucked.

Also, why does Sony have a lot of exclusive movie games?

PC is significantly better because most of the devs that slightly care are porting over their console exclusives.
Sony has a lot of both games and movie games, i have a small slither of confidence that the movies games will be decent at best. I think, in the small pea sized brain of sony's, they've registered the fact that gamers want GAMES on their GAMES console so they're delivering what we want in how they think is "right".

that or they're mentally handicapped and made a slight good mistake in giving us games

Sega was already dead after releasing the 32x. They were just running off the money they made from the Genesis, just like Nintendo is running off the money they made from the Wii

Nah, they were already dead. At one point they didn't even want to put their logo on the front of the thing, and them pairing up with M$ was placing bets on the Xbox before it even came into development

The Wii was a happy accident. It sold because it was cheap and the motion control gimmick was still pretty novel. Then the Kinect happened and the Wii had become notorious for lack of quality control with it's software, leading to mounds of Wii Sports clones and shovelware.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time that Nintendo thinks there's still an audience for that crap. The Wii U failed because they tried halfway appealing to that no-longer-existing audience (whom have since moved on to shitty mobile games or grew a brain and got a real console or a PC), and the NX will fail spectacularly if Nintendo chooses to double down on that.

everyone is absolutely hyper for nintendo nigger sex just like for the official platinum games console which was wiiu

OK that's it Nintendo is over.

All they need to do is make good games.
This makes me think it's going to be another Wii with a couple gems in the sea of crap.

Enlighten me, in your own words, what a viking funeral is/entails. Fuck google give me your answer

When was this mythical age user? Pong?

No amount of performance upgrades can save Bioshock (all of them). No amount of mods can save FO4.

I mean they have the reputation of publishing movie games.
etc.

All you need is a boat and a lot of flames.

Remeber how it is to any kind of fucking standard?
No?
Though so, dipshit.

Okay well you just listed triple a bullshit that people don't care about anymore. I mean like the krome devs coming back and giving us TY 1 HD and doign a damn fuck good job of it. Sega is gearing up to release more really decent/good pc ports, more chink devs are putting their titty ninjas and fighting games on steam albeit kinda badly and ect. PC future is looking bright in terms of ports at the very least. also cuphead
don't forget those crash remasters goyim :^)

Cremation was sadly outlawed by Christianity but nowadays nobody believes in the Resurrection so it's back in style.

I piss on its fucking corpse. Thanks to Nintendo and their stupid ass Wii shit the industry was flooded with casuals, being directly responsible for shit like the Kinect and Playstation Move (thankfully both of them died quickly).

NINTENDONE

I hate that they teased that, only to show fucking Crashlanders.

Hi underaged faggot.

oh my fuck that made me hate and resent sony. "LETS COME UP ON THE STAGE IN A HUGE, FLAMBOYANT CRASH THEMED ENTRANCE AND BE LIKE " O YEAH NO T SHIRT THIS TIME LENNYFACE" SO CRASH IS BACK….

with remasters. no footage.

oh and skylanders k bye

They should've shown the skylanders footage first, then announced the remaster. Like a bait-and-switch but the switch it starts with disappointment

And here we see ubisoft getting ready for another bait and switch. Wonder how long it'll take them to abandon the wii next this time.

What rock are you living under?

Just buy an actual xbox. Most of it's games are fucking dirt cheap like JSRF.

YEA

sounds like a good time to me

Have you thought this through?

The PS2 advertised graphics like every other console. The DVD drive that allowed FMVs in Final Fantasy 10 was a huge thing.

Okay, kid, go and take a break.

wew i wanted to say that one

Off by one :^(
The more I hear about the NX the worse I think it's going to be. Why can't we just go back to when the thing was going to be a console/handheld hybrid that could play either's games as a unified platform? That was a cool idea, but this statement from Ubi just makes it sound like another gimmick piece like the Wii to get 8 year-olds to buy it.
Iwata said he wanted to change the company's focus back to core gamers. It looks like that died with him too.

Iwata was an inside job by Reggie. He planted some poison in Iwata's drink last E3, which is why he died immidiately after.

Reminder, these people think Watch Doges 2 is a good idea.

The poison can't melt Iwata's insides.

How many games that are currently in the pipeline are NOT planned for a PS4 release?

How many games released in 2015-16 do NOT have a PS4 port?

Now you see why Sony has sold 40 million consoles. But hey you can't fight meme magic with facts.

I'm sorry user, but his insides weren't made of nintendium.

You're right, once SMT4 came out the entire franchise went to shit.

In b4 "muh exclusives!" I forgot that a fucking semicomptent fps and lunar magic on a console was all nintendo needed to keep their new fans happy.

Yes, because Consoles are famous for being able to play ports.
Kill yourself

Are you seriously comparing CD rom with DVD?

You're giving me the cancers

Oh I know ports aren't games on Holla Forums but frankly nobody gives a shit what Holla Forums thinks.

Exclusives aren't the number one reason people buy consoles anymore. Especially with online being so important: if all your friends are PSN you're more likely to buy a PlayStation.

The modern nintendo fan is becoming leftist tier predictable. Last I checked, Mario maker isn't unique either, the PC crowd have been doing that for years WITH SLOPES~!

Nigger where the fuck did he say that? Stop putting words in people's mouths and learn to read you illiterate nigger

Why would you do this?

I don't even own a WiiU.
But nice strawman dipshit. I'm sure spnding 500$ for a console that plays games you can play anywhere else was a great investment

Keep on shitting on the "wrong" system. I'm glad such enlighten people like you make sure I only play the right games. Now tell me, what were they again? You seem to go on and on about exclusives so what exactly is your aim here? Do you even like video games?

It's Nintoddler, what are you fucking retarded?

user if you bought a current gen console you're a retard either way.

NX is going to be shit
No modern console has games
Consolewar faggotry
/thread

Keep digging that hole though m8.

Who the fuck cares what the french think?

The French obviously.

You sound like an underaged faggot.
Consoles are only good for Exclusives.
Multiplats are shit.

Stay mad.

The mental gymnastics of this fan, it's incredible!

I'm fairly certain a good chunk of that is twitter and tumblr bitching about Link not being a girl.

but Iwata was the one that anounced the NX when the Dena thing happened

Nintendo nu?

nunintendo?

as in numale?

is this real?

So nobody important?

Not enough to prevent their own cartoonists being murdered by muslims.

Does that look real to you user

I bet this means Ubisoft is going to try and "recapture" their raving rabbids "audience".

A lot of kids talking about long division on twitter because of Regents in the US. It's just too much cross over.

I can't tell whats real anymore user.

Optimistic but worried

still not thicc enough,

I hadn't even considered that.

H…He's fingerbanging her underwater, right?

He'd better be. Fag.

you very well know it would be some 3rd person reboot focused on story with checkpoints and aim assist.

id rather let it remain dead with dignity.

man they can't be this retarded right?

the family market is literally an ipad stuck in front of a kids face to shut them the fuck up. or in some cases a 3ds and pokemon(rare cases). while the adult male is usually has the latest cod and console.

and more rare cases they get a a console and then spend a shit ton of money on enough accessories to play a family of four on the few local only games. and kids getting a wii u with four pads and such is almost unheard of its usually the drones who get fucking every 3ds variation and shit who are spending that kinda of money.

unless you get a free NX with your smartphone contract, they'll never recapture the ultra-casuals.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give those people a 3DS?

If only actual fatties looked like this, rather than varying degrees of "melting wax human figure".

Worst slug

Uhh, what? There's an OBVIOUS double chin there. Look closer.

nigga her entire under-face area is fucking fat

That is a very overweight Fio bordering on obese

Not saying thicc girls can't be hot but you're in denial fam

It's Wednesday.

Its thursday somewhere else on the planet

THOSE FUCKING THIGHS UUUUNNNNFFFFF

Fuck you, I won't fall for a corset again!

Bad childhood memories?

Webm related actually

So you come back with a broomstick?
Fuck you, post some real women.

I see a single chin with a big-ass neck under it, which doesn't jut past said first chin at all in front, unless the angle is hiding it somehow. Either way, she's still a fatty that looks way better than any real one I've ever seen, so the point still stands.

Wasn't trying to say she isn't fat, just pointing out that the drawing of her as a butterball is crazy-distant from the kind of ugly, amorphous monstrosities actual fatties tend to look like past the "mild chub" phase, and that fatties would be far more tolerable if they at least looked symmetrical and rounded like that rather than like they're slowly melting into a sentient wad of goo.

You must be too young to have experienced the ps2 era.

Ah, the greatness of a cheap dvd player that started this whole faggotry.

What have I done?

Do you not understand how it works?

Hey guys

THICC

you rang?

I can't believe i felt compelled to even reply to this mental retardation but here it is.

Cool bogeyman :)

Wait, you're not supposed to post pictures of attractive women.

Enjoy your girl link amiibo in a year!

i dont understand how this is even an argument. DVD player in ps2 was a great fucking convienence for EVERYONE not just casuals at the time. Wii brought in a metric fuckton of casuals but wasnt the sole reason why the industry went downhill. I wish i knew why casuals suddenly poured in recently and i don't think i care to know at this rate considering they're quickly leaving, but 6th gen will always be best gen in terms of overall console quality due to none of the consoles being "overall better". saying ps2 sucked shit because "muh dvd drive" is like saying xbox was the worst console ever because it required a peripheral and remote to utilize dvd capabilites.
Just enjoy your vidya, faggots.

I don't even have a fucking wii or wii u or 3ds or whatever you fucking moron.

You only have yourself to blame, if you're not aware enough by now to know that any utterance of the cursed word summons our kind from the darkest nooks and crannies of the world, no matter the time of day or the distance between us and you.

We're like Voldemort, except if he spread thick girls everywhere and it quickly spiraled out of control into a tidal wave of unrealistically-attractive fat women, rather than death and misery.

Nice of you to admit that everyone owns nintendo stuff :)

I do user. Before the 360 and the ps3 graphics and looks weren't the main topic. It was about gameplay and creativity. No one even said the words "but its not 60fps" or "Its not even 1080p". Im not saying its a bad thing to have graphical quality but we did lose creativity in the industry because of nonsense like that. I wish we could go back to those days

You faggots are objectively wrong, the only time that people didn't compare games to one another and say their quality ranged because of the graphics was back during the Atari 2600 days when the only games looked the exact same.

Ever since the NES, MSX and Sega MasterSystem people have been comparing games based on their graphics. That's 31 years ago. People have been debating which console is better for 31 years based solely on who has the best graphics.

Anyone who tries to remember gaming as "IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY" was clearly not alive back during the bitwars.

Evidently not you since the bit wars had more to do with performance than graphics.

Well, up until sony got involved in the 32 bit era and cocked that up with some of the most horrendous load times ever seen

Nice revisionism. Please go research and then stick your pretension up your gaping asshole.

I'll go to whatever console has cuhrayzee

mfw.
fucking niggers

shit taste

I don't need to research it. I fucking lived back then when you couldn't go two seconds watching cartoons without hearing
OH MY GOD THE PROCESSOR IS SO FAAAAAST LOOK AT THE GAMES
HARDWARE!!!
Graphics was more in the game commercials rather than ones FOR THE CONSOLES.
Again, up until 3d graphics started being a thing and a media company tried to get into software.

By the looks of it Ubisoft have no more idea about what the NX is than we do, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Still if they think appealing to the former Wii audience is going to help them make a comeback with the NX they're in for a rude awakening.

Stop before you embarrass yourself even further.

Are you really implicating those were of any substantial influence on the industry?

Also
Hello child, does your mother know you are being this stupid this late in the day?

YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT, ALL THOSE THINGS WERE 16-BIT SPEED. Oh wait, no, that's not what they said.

HEY IT'S NOT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS, HERE, RIGHT, IT'S ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE, RIGHT?

Nintendo fans have no right to complain about casuals.

Also this happened.

Now I know why video games became shit. The audience who came in, subverted them, and killed them are among us.

Uhuh I too was alive back then and magazines were comparing SNES with the Genesis all the time.

Only difference was that there was no internet yet.

So basically everyone who entered gaming after 1993?

Am I on gamefaqs…

Basically everyone who entered gaming after 2007. Every single last one of them.

u talkin shit about purple bitchboy
ill fite u

Oh boy, I fucking love digging through shovelware for a decent game.

Toy Story level graphics in real-time, IIRC was the claim. There was also some fluff piece about Kim Jong-Ill wanting to buy a bunch of PS2's and use them as ghetto super-computers to test launch ballistic missiles. Pretty sure it was just some minor technicality on an outdated export ruling which could be handwaved away, but Sony and the game media took it and ran out of the fucking park with it.

Nevermind, it was Iraq - not N. Korea. From an IGN article citing fucking WND and trying to pass it off as real news.

archive.is/YUXvh

Yeah like nobody was talking about graphics before 2007…

When I was a kid pink was my favourite colour, now it's grey and purple. Still think the best colour for a console is classic black.

After 2007 it became one of the primary focuses, however, among massive casual pandering for broad audiences and making games easy.

Haha I can just imagine Blix and the other UN inspectors walking into a huge underground secret factory filled with PS2s.

Third Parties and Nintendo
Wii: "It's less powerful than the other options, so we'll be lazy and make everything look worse than its predecessor, or put out shitty ports."

WiiU: "Our software didn't sell on the Wii for some reason. Let's stab Nintendo in the back and/or try putting the same type of thing on the new one."

There were some exceptions, but one can't pile all of the blame on Nintendo's plate.

weak systems means that developers will compensate more
while this was in favor of the DS, because developers had to be creative with their ports since a straight up downgrade wouldn't work
there is no place for this on a home console
>implying consoles aren't weak as shit anyway

This would be fucking wonderful way to screw over all the complainers wanting a female Link.

Want female Link in game, buy this amiibo!

Literally the only guy in this thread who realizes what this really means.

Ubisoft made bank off of Rabbids. OF COURSE they'd say something like this to prep interest for their next game.

This feels more like them coming in only intending to put their usual cheap shovelware on the system. And wanting to make money off of it. They sure as hell can't do that with Xbone and PS4.

If Nintendo delayed the reveal to have more games ready, than I would like to assume that they're going in with things people actually want aside from the usual launch games no one ever really wants. Avoiding another 3ds/Wii-U style launch would be best.

You're missing it, the Wii U was significantly less powerful than the competition as well. Where normal consoles require developers to change things like display resolution and texture quality to create a port, both the Wii and Wii U required developers to essentially re-build all the game's assets. The alternative was having the game run unacceptably terrible.

From the way I see it, 3rd parties were not the ones who were lazy here. It's Nintendo's fault for not even attempting to keep up with modern standards. It's true that good hardware doesn't imply good games, but when you have such bad hardware that it makes the porting process significantly more expensive than the competition, then I say its a problem.

ITT
Holla Forums shitposts about the interpretation of an article

That's because the wide majority of NES/Genesis/SNES games run at 60FPS. Most of the games that don't are either pirate games or astonishingly bad.

So they're trying to go both core and casual this time? Sounds fine in that event, thread's entirety is just people shitposting after reading the headline.

Of all the times I've heard someone else use this fucking term to describe anything related to video games, it's ALWAYS massive casuals.

Whelp Dolphin for the Gamecube and Wii is pretty sweet so I have high hopes for the Wii U.

I just can't believe anyone at nintendo thought the Wiimote was a good idea. Do you think they are all at some love hotel watching videos of people destroying their tvs, and hurting themselves while they bang strippers?

Thursday in kangaroo land.
G'day.

Oh at this point it doesn't matter, it's Thursday in Euroslavia and in Jew York, and it'll be Thursday in Shillifornia in 3 hours.

Oh please, you know what I mean by core. The people that buy the console for a fucking video game and will use the machine for hours or pump hundreds into one particular game rather than maybe putting in Wii Sports when there's nothing on TV on Saturday.

Sounds like the type of people who use the term "core" alright. Fucking casual.

You're only making the stereotype stronger now.

wut

wut

So Ninty is going to try to superdeepthroat the casual market again with the NX? I'm sure that'll work out well.

There are many lessons to learn from the 7th Gen.
1) The Wii taught people that it is possible to sell video games to people that don't normally play video games.
2) The Xbox 360 proved that you can sell video game consoles without games if you make it a media center.
3) The Kinect proved that you sell a shit peripheral if it is bundled with the console and has only one good game.
4) PS Move proved that no one is going to buy a good peripheral if it isn't bundled with the console.
5) Games like Bioshock, Bethesda's shit titles, Uncharted, CoD, etc proved that making casual games with a lot of mature themes and violence can trick people to thinking that they are hardcore.
6) The iOS proved that 1% can permanently fuck over your market no matter how big it is.

rip nintendo

Sad but true. Fuck the 7th gen, absolute cancer.

Hello?

Fucking newfags.

Also, while I'm here, anyone remember a few months ago when Microsoft cancelled a bunch of shit and canned Lionhead out of fucking nowhere? Anyone have a concisely written article archived that goes into detail about the whole thing?

see

>2) The Xbox 360 proved that you can sell video game consoles without games if you make it a media center.
The Xbox 360 popularized the media center bullshit.
While MS started this, Sony took it to heart especially with the PS4.

Are you even trying, Sony?

I hate this SO much. Of all the changes to gaming post 2000 (-ish) I think this may be one of the most harmful ones.

Thank God normal fags have not found out about my series!

No I read the whole line, the problem is, the 360 had tonnes of games. Even using it as a shoehorn for "PS3 has no games!" is wrong to use 360 as the token example of "360 proved that no games is okay!" Because 360 had lots of games that people loved.

Go blog about it on your shitty tumblr.

You aren't going to revision history to say "HURR 360 HAD NO GAMES, HURF DURF"

Where did I say 360 had no games? Nice reading comprehension, dipshit.

Is that legit the new logo? I was at class during the whole day, what did i miss?.

Sony thought that they could sell the PS3 as a blu ray player but that didn't fucking work because people were moving away from physical media.
The Xbox Live came with a Netflix subscription and a lot of people used it almost exclusively to watch movies. If I wasn't limiting it to 7th gen lesson, I would have said PS4.

I didn't meant that the Xbox 360 didn't have games but it proved that you can sell people a console without selling them games.

Sony proved that you can sell consoles only on the promise of games and people would forget when you don't deliver.

Nintendo should just go third party already. They simply have no ambition with their hardware.

Why?.

This is my favorite meme.

Because they're making their fans buy new hardware every few years just to play their games. As the quality of their games continues to dive (and it does), eventually their fans are going to stop wasting money on their consoles (as I am going to). There's more money to be had in making games for consoles that are actually supported than developing technology for a console that no one wants to release games on and a diminishing number will want to buy.

Look at this newfag who can't downgrade his 3ds.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Nice argument.

When 4chan sends its posters, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending posters that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing shitposting. They’re bringing console wars. They’re SJWs. And some, I assume, are good posters

Nah brah, for starters the original Xbox did, and even so the PS2 was a DVD player and the Dreamcast had the mini-PC appeal
Also the 360 was the widely known machine for multi-plats because PS3 didn't run all of them well, and it had a couple of exclusives that pandered to the casuals

Nobody bought it and it was practically scrapped becaus eno one wanted it for the Xbox One (or didn't want any of it to begin with)

Go home bud

Why do people still keep saying Nintendo is doomed. Is it just shitposting or are they serious? Sure, Nintendo's targeting the wrong crowd and focusing on gimmicks, but once again they'll still skate on by without too much trouble. This is the same shit they've been pulling since the N64.

Seriously goy?

Last I heard, it was already planned and from what has been seen of KOF14; it's looking like SNK knows how to go back to its old ways unlike Capcom.

Better than the Kinect and Wii-mote which it sold less of.

Pachter, you have no idea how to control your meme magic.

I actually hate Sony.