Avellone now officially works with Bethesda. Will Elder Scrolls' writing ever get good again, lads?

Avellone now officially works with Bethesda. Will Elder Scrolls' writing ever get good again, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/article/2006/05/23/oblivions_ken_rolston_speaks/2#.V2FG-RK5bkc
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope

Who gives a shit about the writing when you have atrocious shit like level scaling.

Who gives a shit about writting when the gameplay is a piece of shit consolekids first oriented casual crap

TES was never good because of rpg casuals autism , and now its hopeless

Nintendo is making better elder scrolls games now, Bethesda has been replaced.

The only Elder Scrolls game that didn't have level scaling was Morrowind. Even Arena and Daggerfall has it, sometimes to an even more annoying extent like how loot and merchant inventory is based on your level.

More like lore improvisation.

Who cares about writing when the setting is inherently so shit even the most casual D&D DMs would be embarassed to present it to their players?

Okay, now they need good programmers, good game designers and good everyone else.

Wake me up when they hire Kirkbride again, the only interesting part of TES's writing was the mindfuck stuff.

Maybe but I doubt he can fix the damage that was done to the series at this point. the TES games were retconned to hell and back then retconned even more. Some changes was neat but others such as the jungle in cyrodill was really fucking lazy.

To be fair with Bethesda, even with their shit paid mods and all that, hiring Avellone means that TES games could potentially move from "muh dovahkin, dragonborn" to "muh nature"

Morrowind had it too

Casual DMs would be embarrassed to present any setting to their players

Any sauce on this?

Please be joking.

If not, RIP Avellone.

If true he just sold the last bit of his soul that wasn't sucked out, to Todd.

I don't remember it. All items and enemies can be encountered at any level in Morrowind. Oblivion's level scaling was Ken Rolston's idea, and he mentioned that Morrowind didn't have it.

hardocp.com/article/2006/05/23/oblivions_ken_rolston_speaks/2#.V2FG-RK5bkc

please use archive.ism/2016/06/13/chris-avellone-is-working-on-prey/

Shit, what happened to the link?

Chris Avellone takes a part in Bethesda's/Arkane's Prey sequel project.

Why Alice is so cute?

Hahah, gonna start calling him that.

No, but Chris Avellone will get bad again.

This, except for the gameplay, all shit it's not even worth comparing it.
I would replace it with "Mechanics" and say Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim for obvious reasons.

Avellone might be a cuck and a sjw, but he knows how to write.
As long as he doesn't become shit I'm okay with him.

You know this image is a bait when you see this.

Morrowind quests are mostly just navigating chat boxes, your journal and the map though

so who's going to write POE 2?

Holy shit nigger what the fuck are you doing?

nearly all the posts were bumps, what's wrong with vidya related discussion you mongoloid.

Sawyer . Avellone was only allowed to write one character IIRC. They really underused him there.