ITT: Your face when the new zelda game's trendy open world trash

At least it isn't as bad as MGS V, and SURELY they're going to release a real zelda game later right?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rokRw
mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-can-be-beaten-without-finishing-the-story/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone have the "I wonder how that person died" about the second pic screenshot?

There are another two threads about Zelda.Use the fucking catalog for fuck sake.

Zelda is dead to me.

MGSV is already better than this by virtue of not having a fujoshit bait mc.

Reminder that it's okay when Nintendo does it

Was the original Zelda game on the nes not a real Zelda game? It was open world too. This new one appears to be faithful to the original game's sense of freedom of exploration.

Don't argue with him, he's autistic.

Baito desu

roman soldier from the Gallic wars in 52BC, according to reddit
apparently he was old at the time of death

they're all "open world" to a degree, it's just that this one seems to focus on it with an added survival aspect, plus that whole heart thing

fuck

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD CAN BE BEATEN WITHOUT FINISHING THE STORY

archive.is/rokRw

mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-can-be-beaten-without-finishing-the-story/

So every single dungeon is optional, then.

Nintendo finally joins us in the 21st century and you complain? Also LoZ =/= OoT. LttP and LoZ1 had a fair amount of freedom and non-linearity. You wanted them to make OoT AGAIN?

Disregard that. I suck cocks for taking bait.

This pleases me.

I'm sick of these nu-gen kiddies.

That's awesome. Every detail about this game makes it look better.

Yeah, but where can we go? I don't wanna pay 10$ to be some dad-core SA goon, or go back to 4chan.

I can't wait to see how the game is broken with the addition of physics manipulation.

Well Hell is always open.

Nah I don't think so. His skull is exposed on the same collection as that iron horseshoe, and there are no historical records of horseshoes before the IX century AD

I saw a mokoblin pick up a rock throw it up at the player only to have the rock fly back down and stirke them knocking them off a cliff, it looks like it's going to get pretty fun.

At least the speedruns will be interesting.
Speaking of which: when are ESA and SGDQ starting?

They really meant it I guess when they said it's you can do whatever you want.

Actually thinking about this a bit more, doesn't this mean they can go all the way with the dungeons without restraint? Or for any part of the game for that matter?

looks amazing and i gonna buy it

And Roman hastas, even cavalry ones, had a head much shorter head with a rounded up angle near the base.

Looks like something from the 1300's AD

Jesus Christ, why does this game look so bad ? I'm not sure if it's the shitty skyward sword esque artstyle, bad trailer compression or the WiiU being a toaster. Not to be a graphics whore, but Nintendo should really consider making the games they show as tech demos into actual Zelda games if they want some sales.

I'm not a Nintendo or Zelda fan, but you need to get your priorities straight.

Enjoy the crafting guys.

If you're judging by the OP's screenshot specifically, then its the compression because it is completely fucking obliterating the floor texture due being too noisy for the low setting of this particular frame.
But the game do suffer from some low res textures and blocky mountain due lack of memory to store higher resolution models.

you mean like Link to the Past 3 or something?

I don't even have a wiiu.

there's a big difference, this game really does look like a MGS V knockoff, mixed with pikmin or something

regardless of whether the game ends up being good, this isn't the shit we've been waiting for

user, OP is bait. Game is easily the closest to Nes Zelda. It's summer and mostly responding to keep other anons from thinking every half assed troll/bait thread is okay.

Also nice bait thread.

>IF YOU HATE OPEN WORLD SURVIVAL CRAFTING SIMULATOR GAMES THEN YOU'RE A SUMMER FAG
One day newfags will stop repeating new words they learn from imageboards. But that day isn't today.

It is when the open world consists of fuck all and none of it actually matters.

The problem is that you're judging the game by the genre rather than the product itself.
It's like saying that UT is shit because FPSs are in general shit.

wew

"Open world survial crafting simulator"

grow up manchildren, linear design is worse in every way. This is just new and shit devs still do it the lazy way, plenty of sand box games that blow the fuck way linear shit games

I just told you why it's shit you mongoloid. The world is fucking empty.

Once you've seen all the gimmicks (e.g. shield surfing) once, there will be nothing left to do. It's literally worse than MMOs, at least in a MMO you're following a trail of content, not walking in a wasteland of nothing.

Well, i could pull the "but they disabled a bunch of shit for the demo" excuse, which is maybe what happened.

But there is a quite big chance you're actually correct.

Some people will never be happy.

this, try reading about level design sometime and realize that there are literally a handful of linear setups that work and nothing else, unless you want videogames to stay the same corridor shooters and trash rpgs like ff13 then fuck off.

HE IS DIFFERENT;GET HIM BOYS

If it wasn't, you'd just complain about it being "exactly the same as every other zelda"

Have some shield snowboarding, faggot.

The new open world looks as empty and lifeless as the past "open worlds" in Zelda, if not more so because its even bigger from the looks of it… You'd think they bother to add more life to that shit this time around.

Is that really all you diehard Zeldafags can do to defend it? Anyone who shits on this game has been getting the same shitty "OMGZ LINK CAN GO SNOWBOARDING NOW!" reply as if that's supposed to suddenly make the game a million times better. Is that really the biggest selling point and most notable thing for you idiots?

The problem with openworld isn't that it's lifeless most of the time, it's that most of the stuff has little purpose.

Good point…

New movement options are always a selling point- see Just Cause 2 and 3.

They've publicly stated that they removed towns and NPCs from the E3 demo to avoid story spoilers. You're obviously too retarded to do basic research before shitting on things though. It's also only about 2% of the map.

There has yet to be a genuinely good "open world' (in the modern sense) game. It is naive in the extreme to expect someone to suddenly make one.

Its only cooking. Different ingredients give different buffs.

Are you playing the idiot or are you somehow ignoring the drastic differences in design?
Would you seriously compare Zelda 1 to something like Skyrim simply because you could explore? Think a little harder about what "trendy open world trash" is implying so you can actually make an argument that makes sense.

I'm not sure if this is the same place I knew if no one, even from people who generally disagree with the OP, don't point out shitty logic like this instantly anymore.

Where the fuck am I anymore?

sounds fun

Sage and report.

In a thread filled with Nintendrones and their sour grapes.

This looks pretty bland and boring. And Link looks likes a fag.

Thank god, I don't give a shit about Zelda's story.

Honestly the large world sounds kind of cool, but wall climbing must be fucking boring. And after MGSV I'm worried it just means "Here's a large empty world."

I'm hoping there's faster movement options than just Epona. Flight hopefully. And I don't mean just gliding off of tall places either.

fucking this.
Climbing completly removes the "how the fuck do I get there"-feeling when you've found a nice location

why did i expect any different

Guarantee you if it was the same shit Holla Forums would be shitting on it as well

there is no middle ground

you don't think snake isn't fujoshit bait?

this is fuckin amazing

reddit might be more your pace

nice meme

for the amount of times I've been let down and all of Holla Forums has felt the same as myself, I thought that this one time that I felt as if it would be a good game that at least the majority of Holla Forums would as well. It was foolish, but I was just posting a thought, user.

There is no need to be upset

From what I've seen most people on Holla Forums don't hate it, there's just a fuckload of bait threads lately that have no idea what they're talking about.
And they won't know what they're talking about until more actual gameplay is released, they cut a shitload of content out of the demo to avoid spoiling it.

Fucking this.

Here we get a new zelda game where it starts off immediatley with you waking up and are able to explore from the get go.

No 10 minute cutscene bullshit
No 2 hour fucking tutorial like previous zeldas

And some fags on Holla Forums hate it for the sole purpose of wanting to hate something.

Why can't there ever be a nintendo thread without getting called nintendrones?

Why can't we praise the new zelda, which was honestly the only exciting thing throughout the whole E3, without being called nintendrones? Fuck this place sometimes

It makes the world feel smaller. Hopefully there will be some kind of stamina gauge or unclimbable surfaces, otherwise puzzles and dungeons are going to suck massively.

I noticed. People don't realize that the overworld has towns and shit and that they cut those out of the demo to avoid story spoilers. I'd recon the start of the game has more story in the full game, although I hope it's not a lot.

There is a stamina gauge, I hope you watched the 4 hours of gameplay they showed, or atleast a bit of it, user. That's probably why I feel so strongly about liking the game. When they showed Link cutting down a tree in the trailer, I got a bit iffy on stuff, but once I saw how the game is in gameplay I think it's a nice feature. I just hope it doesn't turn into quests of "go here, collect wood, etc"

So did you not watch the demo then? There's a big green stamina circle right next to Link when he's climbing

I couldn't watch it. I was doing work. I've only seen snippets and second hand accounts.

It looks so shitty. I can't believe this is real.

Why the fuck do you fags keep comparing this to the original zelda game? They're nothing alike besides being open world, which most Zelda games are anyway. Sounds like you're a shill trying to make bank off people's nostalgia.

I hope there's something besides a worthless fast travel system.

There's also one major problem, you can climb up vines in other Zelda games, how long would it probably take to climb a massive wall in comparison?

Maybe the world will be bigger besides just fuckhuge cliffs?

I do too. Getting access to one of those big birds from SS would be great.

Is this how all discussion concerning open world games is going to go from now on? Since we've collectively decided that open world games are shit for no real reason other than a desire to hate trends for the sake of hating them.

Where did I say it was going to be good faggot? I'm saying all this rampant hatred for literally nothing is fucking retarded.

There's a playable demo at E3, how is that zero information? It's Dragon's Dogma crossed with Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, with a Zelda coat of paint.

Sure thing pal :^)
If you don't seriously know why people hate modern style open world games maybe you should lurk more.

I don't think there is no information, I was only throwing back what fed338 said back at himself. Funny that you don't jump on him about that though.

Now this is fucking bait.

That was aimed at both of you, but especially you since the information we have contradicts what you said and not what he said.
Climbing large monsters in a world where you scavenge plants and shit to heal, and physics based attacks like rolling rocks and throwing shit. How is that bait?

I disagree I think the information we have shows this game is going to be a major disappointment.

Because you're saying it's like these other games and you only have one example as to why it's like either those games.
Yeah man only Dark Messiah had that no other games in the history of gaming has ever had physic based attacks.

Seriously I might as well say the game is like Skyrim too because it'll have 100 copy paste shrines and Skyrim had 100 copy paste dungeons.

What fucking information?

You've seen some screenshots and five minutes of footage showing Link exploring a bunch of environments of varying sizes and types, we saw some nice variations on combat, we saw multiple outfits, we saw some big boss type enemies wandering the wilderness, we know there's a ton of dungeons and shrines hidden around the world. We know there are cities and towns that we haven't seen yet and a plot that we haven't seen yet.

Wow! GUARANTEED SHIT!

Just stop being a faggot and admit you want to hate something just to hate it.

If it was another story heavy mostly linear Legend of Zelda you'd be whining about how the series never innovates and how much you hate that instead.

They showed the game for four fucking hours you fucking mongoloid. Fuck off Jesus Christ you're so fucking retarded.

I never said that but keep straw manning retard.

So wait now you're saying there is information? What the fuck can you not contradict yourself in one fucking post?

No we don't all they said is that they're there but they "removed" them from the demo. For someone who keeps on going about "NO INFORMATION!!!!!!" you sure love to assume it's going to be there even though no ones seen them yet.

FTFY

Wew, the fanboyism is strong in you.

Yeah because the majority of Zelda games fit that depiction don't they? You're seriously retarded most of Zelda games are open world.

bd

Because they are similar, the main thing that the original LoZ did that no other games in the series did was drop you into the game world with no tutorial and just let you explore without restrictions, you could theoretically walk right to the final dungeon if you chose to there was zero railroading or linear plot progression, and this game allegedly does that too.