Metroid Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Metroid-Other-M/Keynote-from-Metroid-creator-Yoshio-Sakamoto/Page-5/Page-5-203822.html
youtu.be/sCufOo4Lo88?t=2m17s
youtu.be/azVEVM37b9E?t=5m6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about instead we actually have a discussion instead of just a template thread? I think that metroid prime would have been better on the PC, the additional keys to provide space for the visors and weapons was desperately needed. That way a lock-on function and the aim function would not have been necessary. I am also curious about how Meta-Kraid would have turned out if he had not been cut in the final release

I miss Metroid.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Fusion
Dark Samus 1 and 2
Sidehopper Station
2 hours, Zero Mission
100%, Metroid Prime
Super Metroid's

Template threads like this can create discussion. If it weren't for some of these topics, people would just end up whining about Federation Force.

Hardly, you need to care about federation force to talk about it. I had honestly forgotten, thanks for reminding me

I'd be a satisfied metroid fan if Nintendo just took Metroid Prime and made new environments, weapon types/gimmicks, updated graphics, kept Corruption's controls and released a new prime every other year or so.

You could play them on the space shuttle that you will never have to. It's obvious to me that Nintendo doesn't know what to do with Metroid. One possibility being that they are worried about portraying a female protagonist to the west with feminism being what it is. Another could be the creator is batshit insane

zero mission

zero mission

tie between zero mission and fusion

Personally I would love if they would greatly expand on the creatures you encounter on planets. Meeting weird aliens in a hostile and mysterious environment is loads of fun. It makes you wonder what else you might find

Prime 2 Echoes
Prime 1
Quadraxis
Magmoor Caverns
100%/2 hours
Zero Mission

Now for actual thread input:
Where does the Metroid series GO?

after the Prime series and Fusion?
Clearly Nintendo completely fucked up in 2.5D as shown by Other M and Nintendo couldn't write or give a shit about Metroid's story line, so Dread is never ever happening.

I'd want another 2D Metroid game with beautiful sprite work, beam and item selection just like Super Metroid and some throwaway fellow Hunters to be comfy with and brutally kill.

I'd love to be the autist who's hired to write up the alien biology, lore and little tidbits in the Scan mode, though it's almost entirely just flavor for all enemies except for ones with models so obtuse you can't guess what you're supposed to do to kill it.

I see a lot of love for the GBA games. I guess we can all agree that Super Metroid's a little too floaty on the physics, even though I find it nice and comfy.

If you read interviews that include Sakamoto from around Super Metroid's time, you can sort of tell Samus was always meant to be his battle waifu to some degree. Nowhere near Toriyama/ Lightning levels though. I hope. He even handpicked a gravure model to star in Zero Mission's commercial.

I actually liked a lot of the franchise's attempts to give Samus some vulnerability (Metroid II to Super Metroid having her spare the Hatchling and both getting a sort of attachment to each other, moreso the Hatchling than Samus), or Zero Mission throwing Samus in way over her head when her escape attempt in the game's crisis shot down.

Other M just went 10 directions into "fuck wrong dat nigga's everything". Probably bitten by the "that's just so VIDEO GAMEY" bug that bit that Mass Effect 3 faggot, since Team Ninja themselves were flabbergasted by Sakamoto shooting down Team Ninja's attempts at staying true to the franchise (i.e. giving Samus a purple glow instead of the Gravity Suit so that cutscenes won't look awkward from Sakamoto's perspective.)

I wonder if Sakamoto was always that insane, or if it was just a case of Gunpei Yokoi and his closer associates keeping him in check?

Played 3 of them. Only one I actually liked was Super M on SNES.
First M was one ugly-ass copypasta shit. And Prime was pretty boring-ass console shootan in generic atmosphere, not sure why everyone drooling on it that much.
Pretty forgettable in all games i guess
Super. Still looks better then whatever those indie hipsters are making in 2016.
It's a cancer of videogaming and should be eradicated. You play some fun game and have a good time then bam here is that piece of shit with healthbar wou'll be chipping for hour while jumping in some stupi pattern you will have to learn just for this occasion.
There was actually one game which done bosees right, but it wasn't metroid. Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Completed Super M.
You got the idea.

nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Metroid-Other-M/Keynote-from-Metroid-creator-Yoshio-Sakamoto/Page-5/Page-5-203822.html

Its sad. Sakamoto sincerely thought he had a great thing going with Other M. I dont think ive ever seen so much enthusiasm over such a trainwreck of a game.

I feel bad for him. He was behind Fusion which I really loved– but somewhere along the line he George Lucased

Other M was actually kinda like a 3D shitty version of Fusion

Corruption
Can't really choose, just give me a compilation of every lava level with Phendrana Drifts and boss music mixed in (or Super)
Super
Dark Samus in Corruption
The bottle

Can't remember.

he should accept that 3d metroid can never be done good again and just stick to 2d with beautiful environments

Basically Metroid Prime on steroids.

That sounds like Halo. We've come full circle

I feel like Metroid could pull off 2.5D well like Stryder did.

I'd love to see Metroid get the love and care to it's development like the new Zelda is getting. But alas, a series that only sells to a niche(a western niche as well) would never get so much funding and time from Nintendo

Neitzsche was right, God is a niche.

The thing with George Lucas is that he always had shit ideas and the classic movies were saved in editing. They were good because Lucas was surrounded by dozens of creative types who reigned George's bullshit ideas in and told him when he was wrong.
Then when the prequels were being made, Lucas was wrongly attributed with 100% of the credit for the original trilogy's quality, and nobody questioned his decisions and they fucking sucked.

George Lucas was always an idiot and his team salvaged the movies.

So was the same true for Sakamoto?

Yeah, Yamauchi oversaw a lot of Super Metroid's development personally.

When's the next Plinket review coming out?

I think a lot can be said for most of Nintendo's big names. Miyamoto isnt the biggest genius there. He just knows how to direct a team, and knew when to take everyone's criticisms.

Of course, he and a couple of others would set some rookies up for failure. It took folks like Gunpei Yokoi and Satoru Iwata to save projects like Kid Icarus and Earthbound, unless i'm getting that all wrong.

Zero Mission

Brinstar
Best mix I've find yet:
youtu.be/sCufOo4Lo88?t=2m17s

Prime 1

Metroid Prime. I liked that you had to use most of your diverse weapons and most of your tactics. The whole game was a preparation for this.

That technological palace from Prime 2.

Not a speedrunner.

The non-Trilogy version of Prime 1 was very impressive the first time. That music and that pose: youtu.be/azVEVM37b9E?t=5m6s

I hate to incite the "AS DEVELOPED BY PLATINUM" meme, but after playing Vanquish, I've gotta say I would have loved seeing a pulpier Metroid. Or at least a Metroid with more of a Barbarella-ish vibe since they cant seem to stop parading the Zero Suit in our faces. May as well embrace it.

I've forgotten about that. Anybody played it? Is it better than MP: Hunters multiplayer?

It isn't out yet. It is actually coming out in NA before JP.

Yes, laugh at him!
You honestly could have made a thread with "ITT: We discuss what we would want in our ideal Metroid game" and it would have been better than this fucking template thread.

Sakamoto isn't an idiot, but he had a team around that he was a part of for when he had bad ideas.

so I got the prime trilogy and was playing through prime then I had to search for a bunch of statues I think and I just kinda got bored and stopped. does it get better or worse after that point?

Also
Super metroid
super metroid
im torn, I really do love the sprite work in super metroid but some of the areas in prime 1 were just fantastic. Other M had the hottest samus to date unless you wanna count smash but everything else was meh.
I dont know the name but that spooky ghost thing in the abandoned ship in super metroid.
brinstar
7:11 in super metroid because I am a mega casual who don't do speed runs.
only got like 2 them nigga I don't know.