Any Anarcho-Nihilists here?

Did you ever meet such a person?
Why do you hold such views?

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/aragorn-nihilism-anarchy-and-the-21st-century
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/monsieur-dupont-nihilist-communism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I did, he was a typical tumblr-sjw, in personality atleast. It seemed to mostly consist of shitty aesthetics, identity as a philosophy student and impressing a few scene girls though.

Anarcho-nihilist reporting in. Ask me your questions

kek are you talking about me?

Perhaps, which uni did you go to?

fix your goddamn anarchist movement.

Met a self proclaimed nihilist once at uni. Not sure if they were particularly anarchist…A pretty buff dude, like much swoler than any other fag in class. Was always talking about how they hated everyone from muslims to Spinoza.

Oh I thought you might have been talking about me as a person on this board and not IRL. Probs weren't talking about me then.

Working on it fam

*rattles*

Why are you an Anarcho-nihilist?
How would that translate into a political platform?
Do you favour individualism over collectivism?

Sorry.

What is your uncensored view of marxism and fascism?

Because I have no faith in the possibility of revolutions happening again - especially not using the same programmes that classical anarchists and Marxist-Leninists have advocated and used, to very limited success.

I think anarcho-nihilism is preferable over these tendencies because it consciously disavows and critiques the liberal tendencies and values that anarchists and Marxists reproduce, without seeming to think that they are or at least not considering them to be issues. The reason I think that needs to be addressed is because revolutions by their very nature are wholly original overturnings of history, not conditioned by the past. We have no business talking about what will happen after the revolution when we still are thinking from a pre-revolution mindset.

In this regard I like to think of anarcho-nihilism as being more "lightweight". We already know we need to destroy bourgeois society - not one step further until we accomplish this. There's no hope for a better tomorrow until this happens.

One of the strengths of anarcho-nihilism IMO is that it more so than any other anarchist tendency invites self-theory. Most anarcho-nihilist types would say that our platform should be something similar to insurrectionism without the progressive, vanguardist tendencies insurrectionists have. As far as our position as first-world workers goes, the only real value we have is being consumers, so resisting the opening of new markets and causing damage to consumerism through a mix Situationist-style refusal of work and détournement and perpetrating random acts of Russian Nihilist-style violence seems like a pretty valid means of disrupting that part of capitalism. And part of resisting the opening of new markets and having our struggles become recurperated IMO means being radically disorganized and de-centralized, always destroying and reforming ourselves.

The reality is that this isn't going to destroy capitalism, however. The only way to destroy capitalism is going to collapse entirely is by the industrial proletariat (the workers whose jobs are essential for capitalism to function) pushing their class interests until profit becomes impossible and a crisis is triggered. It is an internal contradiction in the logic of capital that the working class must pursue their class interests, and yet this also runs counter to profits. This is pretty much the position of Monsieur Dupont in Nihilist Communism.

However, even though Dupont gives a really good communist analysis from a nihilist position, he and everyone else seem to be unaware of what will come our way before capitalism collapses. The third world industrial proletariat is already pushing for reforms, but even if the bourgeoise run out of places to outsource to, it doesn't matter. Automation will eventually replace the industrial proletariat to keep capitalism alive, turning the whole world into a class of precariat consumers.

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest thing holding back anarcho-nihilism and the post-left milieu is an infantile aversion to technology in favor of a general primitivist sentiment that is already lost. The environment is permanently fucked, and technology is here to stay. Not only that, but as automation phases out the industrial proletariat, technology becomes the main site of revolutionary struggle. The software which will be used to automate production can be cracked, the networks brought down. The revolutionary subject of the future will be the hacker, and a real anarcho-nihilist will embrace our hopeless descent into a Giger-esque biomechanical wasteland. Fuck what's already lost; all we have left is the chance at revenge for the millions of workers who died nameless and forgotten for nothing.

Both are meaningless to me. The distinction isn't clear enough to matter in a theoretical sense, and IMO Instrumentality is basically what full communism would be like.

Individualism is the relatively "safer" option for us insurgents in the first-world compared to the impotent collectivist narratives that take refuge in liberal democratic bullshit and the will of the herd, but individualism is nonetheless petty and trite if you think critically about Stirner and understand that the Ego is just as abstract and unaccessible a concept as God. We only know ourselves as Self, and Self is the ultimate spook we will have to destroy when we've removed everything else that much more obviously is used by ruling classes against our interests. I would say that most anarcho-nihilists are still attached to the post-left infatuation with individualism, which is fine, but I think we can do better than that

So practically speaking, I'm more readily skeptical of collectivism, but that's about it.

I support destroying fascism everywhere it exists and don't give the slightest fuck about their "right" to free speech - one, because rights discourse is liberal nonsense, and two because there's no practical reason to give fascists any platform, and three because I have no place to stop minorities from defending themselves from groups that exist solely to inflict violence on them.

With Marxists, it depends. I don't like or trust M-L's generally, but some are chill. I like Autonomists, Situationism, and left-communism, and I think that Marxian economics is really useful to know.

They are I believe the most consistent anarchists.
Catechism of the revolutionary and Aragorn! are both good places to start. A lot of their literature is rubbish though.

Bob Black is okay, yes?

ISHYDGDT

I'm an anarchist and a nihilist, but I don't support anarcho-hyphenism. Stop deligitimizing actual anarchist ideologies you cointelpro fucks

The problem with the anarcho-nihilist canon is that a lot of it is offshoots of post-left anarchy, and post-left anarchy isn't that great beyond its important critique of the relationship between anarchy and the Left. But it's not a movement in itself or a programme; it's just a general sentiment that didn't otherwise go anywhere.

Bob Black is legit tho and did literally nothing wrong.

kys my man

I'm personally a nihilist because I hate spooks so fucking much.
I just fucking hate them, like, why the fuck are there so many spooks?

Oh and also because n1x is qt senpai.

And before you start, n1x, yes nihilism=not believing in spooks

What are some good texts to read?

Not n1x but;

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/aragorn-nihilism-anarchy-and-the-21st-century

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/monsieur-dupont-nihilist-communism

The reason is that nihilism doesn't cause depression, it's what you turn to to keep from sinking even further.

Thanks for the reply and effort