Demon Negotiation Returns

Nice to see this again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2lEkBjMgvI
twitter.com/Maajora/status/742809601813319680
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv264959130?ref=ser&zroute=search&keyword=persona 5&btm=r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking finally.

Fuck off, you ruined japanese games.

It's been way too long.

Its been only 2 games, I think Atlus likes to change it up a bit after every two mainline persona games.

I know but that's still basically a decade at this point.

Fucking awesome.

SHITTY UNDERMEME RIPOFF FAGGOT """""""GAME""""""""""""""

I wonder how random the demon responses will be from conversation to conversation.

FUCK YES. However, we saw that game will still have something like social links so…they're trying to fuse stuff from the first personas with the new ones? I wonder if it will work…maybe, if the characters and the story are golden.

Basically yeah: still calendar, still social life with dangeons, but they seem to adding more old stuff back in. For example, the first spell the Protag's first persona gets is Eiha. They've brought back Frei skills too, as well as melee and gun attacks.

I really loved P2's demon negotiation because it was more a matter of being able to discern a demon's personality and then figure out which party member could deal with them. Even better was the multi-person negotiations because they changed pretty drastically over the course of the game based on how the characters felt about each other while progressing through the story.
Since the MC is the only important character in this game I know it's not going to be so complex, but I'd be really disappointed if it was almost totally random like in SMT3 and 4.

??? What does this even mean.

It means he's a summerfag.

If it is just the MC that can talk to the demons it will most likely be random, since P1 and P2 allowed you to talk with all their characters I'm pretty sure they gave demons personality traits to allow you to find out the right combinations.

Hmm you're tight, good call for noticing it. Still, having the calendar and social things sucks, they might, once again, hurt the game's pacing and take focus in the story…I guess we will have to wait and see, but I hope it won't be the case; why they would bother inspire yourself to put something like demons and demon negotiation back if you still will make the story and characters suck?

Sadly, it seems to be the case, at least so far. A shame they half assed that mechanic, if that's the case. The demon negotiation was a fun mechanic in Tsumi and Batsu, though it was a bit annoying in Tsumi since if the demon began battle by talking with you, there was a high chance you would end up making him mad, they fixed that in Batsu.Not only the mechanic is fun by itself - though a bit grindy, but really, a single demon can give more than 50 cards by himself towards middle to end of game so…easy cards - it is completely related to the story; characters lose and gain new demon negotiation skills as you progress in game and based on the choices you make, it was awesome.

Oh hey, they're actual demons this time, instead of dumb Shadows.

Hella.

i assume you're 4chan/summer?

I just saw some of those shaky cam clips myself, and indeed it's good news. Even though the negotiation's most likely dumbed down, I'll take it. Better than nothing.

That would explain it.

Looks cool. I never really had interest in persona 3 or 4, so it's nice to know that's it's bringing back an old function.

I like to think of it as 'trying to make hating undertale look bad so I can finally discuss my game without Holla Forums shitting on it.' Calling it summer when it's been going on for a couple of months would be a disservice to their autism.

Did i miss a persona stream or somthing?

no there was some gameplay demo on the floor though

How were the bullet mechanics? Was there any removed/added spells? (aside from, apparently, frei) is it looking better than 4?

They added Eiha too.

Nice, hopefully this lives up to p1. persona 1 is the best persona. Fuck persona 2

I cannot agree with you in any form, but you shine on crazy diamond.

youtube.com/watch?v=q2lEkBjMgvI heres some video if you dont mind chatter

Looks like they've added a new choice into battle called baton touch, so you can "give" your turn to another person in your party.

so what character is burch ruining in this one?

Press turn? True sequel to smt 3?

it also seems bullets work in a way so that its a way to spread the attack across a bunch of enemies. I kind of wondered how ammo worked

It also gives them a buff based on who's passing

So far no one. If she does $10 says it'll be Anne. In which case Anne will be ruined forever and I will no longer be able to fap to her

Do buffs work like smt or persona 3/4?

I doubt it, she's not a fit for Anne. If they do they'll either cast her as Futaba (cuz lol she's a nerd guiz) or Makoto because Makoto looks like she's bitchy and angry a lot and that's another archetype she plays. She's never been the popular pretty girl before and I doubt she will be.

I did not exactly mind her at times in Persona Q but everything else she has been in sounds like the exact same fucking voice

that said Fatlus has a habit of getting the exact same voice actors that sound the same in every game they do VA for in EVERY fucking game

She went Union and Atlus never hires Union members anymore

When did she go Union?

Really, at this point i dont care about voice acting unless is atrociously bad or they replace a character like in p4dan.

Baton pass might make it similar to the press turn system, but its hard to say until more gameplay is shown. That would mean that the enemies could pass their turn on as well to their allies or gain multiple turns like a lot of bosses in Nocturne and DDS.

So you are actually fighting demons in P5 and not shitty generic blobs?

Looks like it, but earlier trailers had a demon come out of a shadow. I think they just abandoned shadows though.

During the voice actor protest

Didn't she get the Rise part after that thought?

the cat has a shity voice acter

twitter.com/Maajora/status/742809601813319680

I'm sure her acting will be better in the final product. She likely just phoned that in because they needed it real fast for E3. Even the animation is phoned in for fucks sake. Anyone who knows the basics of 3D animation could slop that together in an hour or two. Chances are she just used some home setup she had, quickly recorded the dialogue and sent it off. Hell, she might not even be the final VA. She could have just been someone they contracted real fast for E3

I'm pretty sure they record her lines before the strike, everything is done before hand.

Well I'd love for you to be right.

They've used her before on other stuff. She's fine. Morgana's supposed to sound like she's full of herself and putting on an act. That's her whole character. It's a shame there's no good way to translate "wagahai" though. It's really hard to find good replacements for unique Japanese pronouns.

Here's the entire gameplay trailer.

Nope, Persona DAN (the only game she was cast as Rise in) came out June 2015, and that voice actor drama happened around September 2015

I like the way the social stuff looks! Seems like there's more life to it now.

First, it looks gay as shit.
Second, why are you fags celebrating that a SMT game finally has a feature that defines SMT ? It's almost as if Persona 3/4 were worthless.

Now we're cooking.

Interesting, does this mean the MC isn't a wild card anymore that can store multiple persona? instead they have a single persona and the rest are demon you get from battles? Just like P1 and P2

Its probably story related

No. He's still the wild card. It literally says "Persona Get" when you complete the negotiation. It's in the video.

Basically, how it works is the skill menu has the skills of every Persona the MC currently has in his set. When you use a skill you switch to that persona automatically, and assume it's weaknesses, stats, etc. Basically they took out the extra step of having to manually switch personas, but it still works the same way mechanically.

It seems there is not a negotiation button like p2, so does that mean negotations will only happen when enemies are intimidated?

I liked to talk my way out in p2 when I was desperate.

It seems to only be possible when an enemy is down (after a critical hit or exploiting a weakness). Not sure if all the enemies have to be down of it it's just the one you want to get.

That's apparently Cassandra Lee Morris. If I remember Decil Survivor Record Breaker as well as I think I do, I think she'll be just fine.

Plus as other anons noted, there's the E3 rush to consider for her performance. Remember Noctis?

That's lame, but you can't get your hopes high for purse owners I guess.

Ah that's good.

Next best thing would be for the game to reveal you can only befriend characters and BTFO the waifufag trash.

I would rather play matchmaker instead.

Dating and romance is already confirmed. If you thought they were gonna drop their cash cow, you're pretty silly, user.

Images got eaten.

Bazinga-chan is the cutest.
Also VA is shit,probably going to get the Jap version and translate kanji one at time.Going to finish it in 2020.

It better not be the stat based shitty rng negotiations that you can't even recruit a damn pixie, those were the worst part of the smt series. If it is, then pic related

P1's a huge game in both quantity and quality. P5 might be the first Persona to live up to it in terms of content volume (being on Bluray and all). But in quality of said content, like the game design, writing, music or just about anything? No fucking way.

In P5 they are shadows on the field, but when you engage one, it bursts into pieces and demons emerge just before the battle starts.

Post Persona 1/2 related images? My stockpile is pretty much non-existent.

Sure, why not.

Also, reminder that the Nico stream starts in under 3 hours.

(inb4 Holla Forumses assume every hexagram is Jewish)

Wait, so are they battling persona or demon? because those 2 are very different. I dont think you can make negotiation with a persona. It even called demon negotiation in P2.

I think instead of tarot cards, you might be able to cut straight to the chase and get a persona.

Demons are rogue Personas according to the new scenario in EPP

I don't know if they're referred to as demons when you fight them, to be honest. All I know is they are referred to as Personas once you have them.

In P5, it seems you absorb a demon directly to get a persona. Doesn't matter all that much, it's just artistic license for game design.
Demons have always been closely related to shadows and personas in lore, and if EPP did anything to retcon that, then fuck it.

They had her replace Laura Bailey as Rise. Nothing is sacred.
Yes that change pissed me off. It's the reason I flat out lost all interest in the game and didn't even buy it on sale, and my Vita is fucking starving for games.

The Persona 2s are not only the crowning glory of Persona, but of SMT as a whole.

Isn't that kind of what is happening in Persona 4 when they're arguing with their shadows, though?

If we want to get technical about it, a persona and a shadow are different according to Jung (who is the psychologist that this game bases its premise on). A shadow is usually characterized by the traits and urges that a person hates about themselves unconsciously and represses.

I really did enjoy it, but fuck, the plot is so tragic.

Niconico livestream starts in
=3 MINUTES
Get in here live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv264959130?ref=ser&zroute=search&keyword=persona 5&btm=r

He's one dapper mother fucker

What is his name again, Holla Forums?

This one's a few minutes longer

Walrus-san

Penguin-kun

So social links are now called "co-operation" and the first 3 were revealed (Tae the medicine seller is Death, Iwai the arms merchant is Hanged Man and a guy who looks to be Futaba's dad and maybe your uncle is Hierophant).

GOTY confirmed. Best in series confirmed.

Pretty much, a shadow is a product of a person not able to accept who they really are. I think Igor mentioned it in p4 or p3. Essentially every person has the power of Persona but haven't "evolved" to that point, which is why almost every character in the series has something happen to them to give them that evolutionary nudge. A persona is a persons ego conquering their "shadow," or in other words accepting themselves as they are, flaws and all. If a person rejects themselves consistently, then the shadow manifests and takes form, not in front of them but somewhere out in the world. So a shadow is merely a twisted persona, in turn that means it wouldn't really be odd for a person with a wild card to negotiate with a shadow.

What I really want to know is how the fuck is a shadow even talking? I bet the cucking bear did this.

You mean punished junpei

Punished Junpei - A man deprived his gothic lolita girlfriend

I'm glad gothic lolita girlfriend dies. Junpei gets best Persona as a result. Double regenerative abilities as well as having some of the strongest physical attacks in the game? Gimmie that shit!

Persona is the new SMT.

Not sure if of SMT as a whole, but of all Personas? By far.

Eh shadows made a lot of sense in the first personas, but it's one of the things they fucking ruined in 3 and 4, both in the idea and what they do; the shadows are supposed to be more than just your ego, they're supposed to fucking not only be "you" but another face of Nyar-chan - though that's implied, but come on. That's why they can talk and know everything about you and even use the reverse personas of the starting ones and also why the characters only face them way late in the game. In 4, you face them right in the start before even knowing the character, it's like you read a story and you have the climax right at the prologue.And how in the fuck they turn into a single persona just because you "accepted" them, since characters in 3 never had to do that and not even Yu or Minato, not to mention it's complete no sense when compared to first personas, it feels like the first and the new ones happen in different dimensions or something …urgh no point in thinking much about it, since the director and rest of theam really didn't. Just look at Arena, how fucking useless and boring the shadows were, specially in Ultimax. I hope we never see them again if they're going to be shit like that again.

Personas 3 and 4 had a totally different writer from 1+2; that's why they're different.

Also Persona 3 was originally going to be a lot more like Persona 2 - search for Persona 3 prototype.

Way I see, Persona 5 has the stuff they wanted to do in Persona 3 and 4 but couldn't get to do so.

From what I understand with the Persona 3 prototype footage. That's what they wanted but all the disc space voice acting would take up made it so they had to choose, voice acting, remove demons or have two discs.

The series was still very niche during 3's production so two discs was out of the question. And demons could have been easily swapped for palette swapped enemies. And they kept it going for Persona 4 because it was convenient.

Maybe they're trying to "merge" both Persona and SMT and then just focus on one franchise. I don't know about you but I'm hype as fuck

Characters in three forced their Personae out with the Evokers. This should have come back to haunt them in Arena, but I suppose the implication is that they have no significant baggage and accept themselves.

Those weren't Shadows in Arena Ultimax. Just constructs made by Kagutsuchi to "carve" their Personas.

No I'm not defending it. Just informing. It's good to be informed and hate with justification.

Didn't 2 end with the main character rewriting existence in a way that he thought Nyarly could be defeated or something like that?

I forgot that they can talk in p4, well the main characters shadows anyway.

Minato, had Death sealed inside of him. If you remember the boss fight he went through all the major arcana, so it would make sense that Minato had that evolutionary nudge ever since he got death sealed inside of him, plus the wild card on top of it.

Yu was different as Izanami had to touch him in order to unlock that power, as for the wild card that Yu has? I dunno is it hereditary or transferred over by Izanagi? Considering the fact that he was a God who created the world in Jap mythology it would make sense that Izangi would also have the power of the wild card/the world.

Since the people around Yu didn't receive that nudge directly it would make sense that the process would be tougher for them as it was indirect.
P1's characters from the start (if I remember correctly) had personas in the beginning because they performed that ritual.

Stop toying with my heart you fuckers.

Well SMT'S been dead for a good decade anyways unless you want to count SJ.

All it needs now is to not shit the bed with the difficulty curve like SMT4; unfair at the start and easy as shit the rest of the game.

Have you played vanilla Persona 3 and 4 recently? It's very easy to die in the early game. Mostly before you have a full party and the strain on resources that comes with that. And for those games you don't get a full party until about level 15-20 and about 10-20 hours in.

I love SJ but on a handheld it's just not the same

top lel

Tae is an apothecary m8, her shop is in Shibuya away from the school.

No it hasn't, IV sold over 600k copies and is one of Atlus' highest sellers of all time and has beaten even Persona 3 FES sales at this time.
If P5 works out and sells even 2 million copies on PS3 and 4 I'm betting SMTV could be even better especially if Sony actually show it during presentations.

nigger please

only got this

Love arcana, not even once.

Can't wait for more pure RNG!

Demon negotiations have always been shitty, you can have 2 of the same exact demon type ask you the same question and they will deny both answers because you rolled bad on the RNG. It's straight up fake choices. And then you get brainwash or other conversation skills and just brute force it.

Actually, SMT has been alive and well until just last month.
I'm sad now, but I have hope that it'll reincarnate someday.

She confirmed on her Twitter that she's the official VA for Morgana. Forgot what her name was but she voiced QT in Space Dandy.

Also apparently the US version is English only so it looks like I'll be importing the Japanese version unless Morgana is the only bad part of the dub and everyone else is fine.

Cassandra Lee Morris

Cassandra didn't voice QT, that's Alison Viktorin.

Yeah, Satomi Tadashi was a far better writer than the one from 3 and 4 by far. That's not the biggest issue though; if you're going to continue a game/book/whatever then you need to respect and don't run from the concepts and everything else that was already established there from the start, otherwise, not only you have the risk of making something bad - why that evoker bs? you already had a way to make characters use persona, a "pact" with Philemon, why change that to make them have that nonsense of shooting themselves? - it will contradict everything that was established in the previous installments. In that case, the new writer have the obligation to, not only continue previous writer's work but also do his own thing. In this case, new writer decided to scrap Satomi's work and do his own thing entirely….and sadly, his own thing sucked.

I didn't knew about that prototype, just saw in youtube. No idea what would have happened if they decided to go though that route, but wish they tried it.

postan some stuff for anyone intrested

They need to do away with that atrocious visual "style" and upbeat music. A simple first-person-dungeon-crawl perspective with static sprites for enemies would be far superior.

Yeah, no. The style is fucking brilliant.

Never post such a shitty gif again.

p5 is supposed to be stylish and the art style and soundtrack supports that

Looks great. So glad I already preordered it.

Im really liking how much faster the game is.

I thought you were better than that Donald.

Not to turn this into /pol but Trump IS all style.

That's why people vote for him.

You're actually wrong about this. It's possible they can't continue the old writers work because the old writer is the one who owns it.

In addition, I've noticed that some Japanese developers are reluctant to touch things that they didn't work on themselves. I get the impression they think such a thing is disrespectful to the original creator. So they leave it alone in order to avoid shitting on the original work.

Persona 3 is divorced enough from the previous installments that it's basically it's own series. If it had brought up the stuff you mentioned it would have been shit.

Persona for Personafags, SMT for SMTfags, etc

Too bad SMT4 is terrible.

I hope to fuck Burch isn't in the dub, just fuck my shit up if she is.

I'm hoping because of the union bullshit she was involved in last year that it means we're all clear since Atlus doesn't do union.

Bracing for the worst.

Go with Pedro, Satan.

It's 777% better than static yellow screen, that's for damn sure.

I didn't know who she was up until I looked up her dub of Rise for P4DAN. Holy shit I have never heard such a horribad voice actor like her before and I've seen some shit dubs before, she really takes the cake.

Well from the god awful voice work in Horizon courtesy of her you can tell she just has connections as she can't act for shit.

That game alone I've trashed of any possibility of me playing it since shes the MC.

If she somehow is in this game I hope to fuck at maximum she's some write off side character. Preferably not at all in the game, if she's one of the main cast I think I just need to stop slacking and learn Japanese. I'd be unable to deal with her shitty voice the entire game.

Cassandra's a decent actress.

… Though I still don't appreciate her implying gamers are pedophiles for disagreeing with censorship.

Horizon looked like hot garbage without her doing the MC's voice.

I KNEW it. I thought that was her.

I found some more.

If the main character is going to talk after every little thing like in the demo it is going to get real fucking old reallly fast.

I still don't get why fatlus still hasn't allowed the option in game for having either English or Jap voice acting. I mean there's subtitles already considering that many portions of the previous games either didn't have voice acting or had tons of non-voiced text.

It's not like it would be super complicated to do/add to the game. Other weeb developers do it, why not Fatlus?

never ever

Oh boy I sure love RNG driven dialogue.

;_;

Apparently licensing the voices outside of Japan can get messy. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but if other companies can do it, so can they.

Fuck, I didn't need this.

tatsuya.webm

Atlus is lying as usual, if anything P3-P4 tells me the recording studio that owns the Japanese voices is Sony Music Japan

Nice mask

The recording studio owns audio recorded there? Holy shit, I'm a sucker for having opened a studio in the states.

Its a Japanese law everything has a license from music, to voice acting, etc, Atlus didn't want to license the Japanese voice acting

Thought this month's P5 stream would be the last? Think again. The ride never ends.

Since Atlus is owned by Sega and since sega is porting lots of games on pc, do you think P5 will ever be ported?

I heard from someone that a guy asked Atlus during a Q&A session if they would ever port it to PC, Atlus literally pointed at the guy and laughed at him, so no even if Sega wants to port they wouldn't be able to port it because Atlus doesn't want to.

Then are the differences between the ps3 and the ps4 version known?

PS4 is just more HD and has 60FPS

Then im just getting the ps3 version. Im not going to but a ps4 just for this game.

thanks user, i think i'll get the ps3 version then if i can't find a cheap ps4 first.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to tell American VA's to fuck off and just slap English subtitles on the game? I think a lot of fans actually prefer to just have Jap VAs. I mean they still have to pay a couple of translators to translate the jap into English text anyway, but you can eliminate the middle man that is mediocre English VAs (potentially, I think some shows/games have decent to good English VA's, but they usually don't.) Its not like burger or europoor normalfags even play weeb games, why cater to them completely?

Yeah I don't get it either. So many kids watched subbed anime these days I don't think it would be as big a deal as they make it.

Yes considering what Sony does for Persona it would be cheaper, but Atlus USA is filled with the mindset that everyone who buys their game is a normalfag eventhough normalfags are watching anime subbed now.

Well, most Americans can't read, so that would be a problem.

When I see pics like that first one, I remember of another reason of how Personas 3 and 4 sucked…in them, everything always ends perfect and happy despite their supposed serious nature and plot, as if life worked that way. Even after everything they did, the crew of Persona 2 won't ever get together to party, just hang out or such…never…ever…and that's all because they - especially Tatsuya - are paying for the consequences of their actions; yeah, your choices actually fucking matter in the previous games.

Also at the end of Persona 1 every is happy too. Everyone lives, the MC gets the girl and the world is saved.

It's only P2 that goes for the real sads.

do i really need to know?

In 3, if you're talking about what happens to the main character, you're right. Still, two things; it's basically only "sad" thing that happens in the end of game and, most important…you seriously think Door-kun will stay dead forever? With Elizabeth going around trying to find a way to get him back? While I hope that Personas from 5 and on stay far way from anything related to 3 and 4, if the characters or something do return, you can bet that eventually door-kun will be revived somehow.

Again you're right, 1 is far from having a bittersweet ending, but I was talking about Innocent Sin and Eternal punishment. I didn't even mentioned 1 since it's not bittersweet at all, if you don't count what happens with Maki.

Tatsuya and Maya can never be together or the world will end.

They've been doing it before undertale was ever a thing.

In fact, you could call it a lifted element.

Also Nocturne's normal battle theme has a set number of guitar riffs that are chosen randomly during the song and they play seamlessly. fun fact.

You can ignore those anons. They say everything is Undertale.

It's the little things

It's still personas.

But you negotiate with them. How does that work in the lore? aren't personas supposed to be water from the sea of your unconsciousness that take different forms? Now apparently any persona is part of you now to imitate? or to capture? are they gonna just pull an asspull plot excuse for this?

user, if they were planing to release Door-kun, he would be in at least one of the fighting games. But that wasn't the case. I think they wanted to put Elizabeth searching for a cure that will never be available as a tragic destiny for both of them.

But hell, I would not really discard the possibility that you might ended up saving Door-kun by helping Elizabeth under Igor's guide in Persona 5…

I don't think it will happen in P5. P5 will have its own story.

But…is it possible there will be crossover games post 5 that do it…probably.

It will Atlus separates stories after 2 games. if anything P6 will connect to P5 .

Actually, that's what i mean with 2 have a better ending and overall better story. Arena was a mess, I won't get in detail but…why, instead of what we got, they didn't make it more interesting like about bringing Door-kun back? Imagine, for ex, him as the freaking final boss instead of that pathetic Nyarlathotep wanna be. And that bound crap was so forced down our throats. at times I felt like watching an episode of Yu-gi-oh abridged. As a fighting game itself though, Arena was good, a strange mix of Jojo with Blazblue.

We don't know yet if 5 will reference or more about 3 or 4, but if they do, it's not unlikely, that, for ex…Door-kun will be a boss, secret or not. Who knows? That being said, I wish 5 never ever mention anything about 3 or 4 and that Atlus don't milk it to death, though I fear they will.

Any idea if we'll be getting the bonus costume and persona DLC that the Japanese 20th Anniversary edition is getting?

Probably. That's easy money for them at no extra cost or effort.

I don't know about you, but when I pirate the PS3 undub I'll be getting all of it anyway.

Actually, I will be very surprised if we don't.

Just FYI, anyone will be able to play this game. Not that it's a surprise or anything, since both Golden and PQ had this option, but the mode that makes it impossible to lose is back.

I don't really see the need for safety mode, but whatever. I'll probably play on normal or hard

Can i get a translation on what it says. Does it mean you just cant lose at all, or is it like in p4g where you just like 30 full heals when you die? im playing it on hard, grinding be damned

I thought in P4G and PQ the saftey mode was basically: infinite battle continues and the enemies' health stayed the same. Was it limited in P4G? I never tested it.

It was 30 retries in golden. Never used it but the option was there. Basically just a way for people to continue fighting a boss while underleveld/awfully bad.

It is possible, but we don't know for sure. However, it IS possible that they don't need to writer to use his stuff. A good example of this is in Suikoden; when the writer, whose name I forgot, left - worst decision ever, he kinda disappeared from game scene as far as I know - Konami still made like 4 suikodens after he left. He left after 2, so 3,4,5 and all others were done by someone else. And 5 is considered to be the best one by many or to a close second to 2 and have many stuff from previous games, including characters from suikos 1 and 2. So…yeah, you can have stuff from previous writer if you want and use them very well, unless there is a specific reason like in the contract for you to do not do so. And unless someone say that's the case with persona without giving proof, then they're speaking out of their asses, if it happened with suikoden it could have happened with persona just as well.

Persona 3 isn't shit, but is bad and 4 is shit. What's the point of changing stuff and trying to reinvent the wheel - evoker, dark hour, social link, etc - to have a bad game? Change is only good if it's a good change, look how many fans hate Resident evil 6 because of how Capcom changed the franchise and now, they had to change things again to 7.

Did Hashino simply wake up one morning and decide "This is one bet nobody in the world is going to win or lose"

I'm not complaining, though.

I don't know what to feel. On one hand i feel autistically good because the cancer doesn't know them. But on the other hand fuck Atlus they can't stop pandering to the cancer.

I actually really like eiha, it makes curse not just instant death.

I was going to bring that up, but I realized that from business perspective the majority of people that will buy P5 will wonder why the fuck does the uniform say seven sisters high or St. Hermelin High and if those were schools in P3 or P4

It's also worth noting the schools in both P1 and P2 are significantly less important than they are in P3 and P4. I mean, I only barely remembered their names and I did the freaking Snow Queen quest which took place entirely in the school…kind of.

It says you get unlimited retries if you fuck up in battle. However, once chosen the difficulty can't be changed mid-game. Doesn't affect the story in any way.

That also has to do with the fact that for P1 and P2 the characters just happened to be in high school and outside of Snow Queen and the school rumors the stories in them had more to do with places all around town. Going to school, doing events for the school, and hanging out with your friends after school in P3 and P4 made sure you remembered.