Resident Evil 7

Is this going to end up like RE4 and end up getting turned into an action game at the last minute?

As far as I could tell there is weapons.
Options apparently have "aim assist enable/disable" and demos seen so far have axes and such.

It seems to be more resident evil 1 than anything.

but who knows! here's hoping is stays as they're presenting it.

Ok you need to understand something.
There's essentially two main sides to the RE fanbase, RE4 fans, and classic fans.
RE4 are about third person shooting with moderate pacing.
Classic fans are about tank controls, fixed camera, 2D backgrounds and slow pacing.

However the new game doesn't satisfy the criteria of either fanbase, instead cashing in the current first person horror game trend.

Now this could turn out to be good, or bad, but due to the direction they've taken both their main fanbases are unsatisfied with this, for now.

We've already been over this. People hate it because it is blatantly obvious that they are going the route of Amnesia tier youtube bait for tons of free advertising and simply because it's what's popular in horror games right now and thus a safe investment.

Its already confirmed that the teaser has nothing to do with the full game. They ripped off P.T.

But theres more to the teaser nobody has found yet, either.

Its already confirmed on a stream today that the teaser has nothing to do with the full game. They ripped off P.T.

But theres more to the teaser nobody has found yet, either.

Could have had both classic-style gameplay with 2's remake and modern action with 7. Everyone would have been happy.

Throwing a curve ball like this is something that nobody asked for.

That was such an abyssmal trailer for 7. OOh spooky nursery song! Sung by little girls but theyre probably ghosts! "Everybody's dead" omgosh no!!! That is too scary!!!

Nobody asked for a railroaded walking sim with jumpscares either

Why would you make a teaser that has nothing to do with the actual game?

You'll only put off people who don't like the teaser, or disappoint the people that did like it and thought the game was gonna be like it.

Who was the dipshit that thought pop music was a suitable choice for a horror game trailer?

Proof?

Looks like more like OUTLAST than Resident Evil or PT to be honest, and that game was a turd.
I knew you can't expect anything good from capcom anymore, it's just a lost cause.

I believe the teaser is just there to show off the graphics, theme, etc, and not the actual gameplay.

The official press release from Capcom seems to confirm the real game will be in first person:

June 13, 2016 – At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil™ series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation®VR mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017.

Set in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil® 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective. The Resident Evil® 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo, also announced today, portrays events leading up to the main game and ties directly into the impactful PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo first shown at E3 2015. In the new teaser demo, the player awakens inside a dilapidated cottage on an ominous plantation mansion. Can they make it out alive?

Resident Evil 7 embodies the series’ signature gameplay elements of exploration and tense atmosphere that first coined “survival horror” some twenty years ago; meanwhile, a complete refresh of gameplay systems simultaneously propels the survival horror experience to the next level. Terrifying fans at events across the globe last year, the PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo was developed utilizing the RE Engine’s VR oriented tools, and is the foundation on which the talented Resident Evil team has crafted the immersive horror experience in Resident Evil 7. Powered by the RE Engine in tandem with industry leading audio and visual technologies, Resident Evil 7 is poised to deliver a disturbingly realistic experience that will define the next era in horror entertainment.

PlayStation®Plus subscribers can now download the standalone teaser demo for PlayStation 4 called Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour and will have first access before it is available on other platforms at a later date. Players can get a taste of what they can expect from Resident Evil 7 with a sampling of the nail-biting exploration and terrifying atmosphere the game will offer when it releases early next year. Attendees of E3 will be able to try out a demo on either PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR at the Capcom booth in South Hall #2023 or try the PlayStation VR demo at the Sony booth in West Hall #4522 and #4144.

It's almost like the best games in the series had a good balance of scares to action, and people want a return to that.

Well then I'm a little worried now. I seriously hope this doesn't turn into a paranormal walking sim.

I just beat the demo, so much as i found myself that is, and i am pleased with the experience.

I expected PT, but really its an art style of condemned meets outlast with some REmake in it and gameplay like resident evil -the first things you see are a VHS player saying "you have no tape" and a fuse box missing fuses- and fatal frame.

I thought it would just be a silent hill clone but it felt more like a subtle version of RE with a fuckton of indie horror film influence. Theres texas chainsaw, blair witch, .REC and way more influences clearly here.

Its a bit of a shock since it isn't PT like your expect nor the bombastic meathead experience you are used to with 6. Its resident evil, theres items that exist to solve one thing and be discarded forever, B movie story tropes and its just more subtle than we have been used to.

definitely more to find in the demo but its interesting, entertaining and doesnt feel like a 'we want the silent hill' audience i expected. It wants indie horror movie audience if anything and thats pretty neat.

did you or did you not fight a zombie

Not yet, you can basically follow a straight route to escape and beat it in minutes, but i realised i had a mannequin finger that will probably fit the missing fuse and on the second floor theres a button to lower stairs to the 3rd floor, never found the fireaxe or gun others did. So i probably just did it to get the journo ending thus far but it instantly restarts to try new stuff.

As for zombies? ehh jurys out on this one. Im missing a lot of story about 'the family' and i think lisa trevor might be involved.

I'm not upset because it's slower-paced or because it's first person. I don't think the game looks very good. Additionally, if you stray far enough away from the originals, you should be respectful to the franchise and at least admit it's a spin-off. I said the same about 4 though 6.

I was beginning to imagine how pissed off an RE6 fan would be, but then I remembered that it has no fans.

I got REC/Quarantine vibes from this.
I liked it.

The demo is really obtuse. People everywhere are stuck and don't know how to advance past becoming a family man, and people whose dad's work at Capcom are throwing around sage advice.

What can you expect of a shitty hollywood localization?

the RE7 demo wasn't terrible but it wasn't great
it felt more like horror than survival horror, it felt like they saw PT and tried to emulate it, and they got the gist, there was no actual combat in the game, but the inventory management was back and you're limited on weapons again

Reposting from other RE thread

isn't obtuse the proper way to do resident evil though? 'get the key to a room across the mansion by pushing giant chess pieces to get into a room for a sparkplug to open a trapdoor opened by playing moonlit sonata on a keyboard' type shenanigans?
beats "YO FIDDY HIT THIS SWITCH TO SPULEX THE CRICKET MAN"

/thread

"Going full action is retarded" does not mean we're asking to eliminate ALL action. Of course, it might end up being just like a first person RE game, but as of now it looks like a walking simulator (i.e. not scary)

I was honestly utterly shocked at how many people negatively reacted to it, despite how much it looks like PT. Literally everyone commenting on it was screaming "UH WHERE'S JILL WHERE'S ALL THE CHARACTERS UHH WHAT HAPPENED TO EM"

But then I saw all their profile pictures and usernames, and guess what? All the people complaining were weebs from third world countries. It's weird the shit they create communities around.

stop

FUCK YOU KIRA

Are you talking about me? I'm not saying the game was good or bad, I was just observing the fact that there were tons of weebs complaining about not seeing old characters and not being able to play the game like it was RE6. Seemed like a bunch of fags attached to it from RE5 and beyond due to it looking more japanese and being more casual/lots more ways to exploit it for fanshit.

You know else has been in Resident Evil before? Guns. In every. Single. Game. Some people say you can find a gun in the demo. Once I see guns being an active part of the gameplay, I'm start becoming more accepting. But if this just devolves into some Outlast bullshit I won't be able to drop it fast enough.

Youre underestimating how popular resident evil was in latin america during the PS1 era.

No. Allow me to translate this shit for you, OP.

This is why you don't try to pander or appease your customers. You make games, you ignore every fucking thing that your good little goyims manage to stutter out of their fat consumer mouth holes, and you just rake in their money without giving a single fuck.

Well NOW I can tell, it seems like they're perpetually stuck in the worst part of the 90s barring a few items.

Are you implying that ps1 resident evil games are the worst of the franchise?

Good luck this time

I just assume they are either shills or faggots that never played the games yet want to tell us what they are about and why we like them.

Read, my good man. Although I personally hate RE outside of code: veronica.

what's with all of these vague posts?

Took the words right out of my mouth, you need to be more specific. What's "the worst part of the 90s"? Barring what few items?

Alright, I guess you don't need to be more specific.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest Resident Evil should do away with the combat altogether. I don't know where people would get the idea that that was something that was desired.

What's with fags in this thread looking for someone to argue with? I only commented on fag weebs complaining that shit isn't like RE6.

user, do you need help or some shit? I'm not saying they're objectively bad games. They're just not my cup of tea. My OP was about weebs crying that the game isn't like RE6. I didn't say jack shit about the objective quality of the games. A good handful of em mainly the original trilogy are great and created a genre I used to be a big fan of until it was watered down by other franchises. Am I not allowed to talk about a series I personally don't like even though I haven't at all called myself some sort of RE expert and telling people that x game is shit aside from my previous statement? Take a pill.

Worst part of the 90's, aka shit like evanescence, crappy hollywood movies, generic anime shit.

Played the demo, it was very short, but surprisingly good. The mood was set excellently, and the setting itself was superb. Loved the small details, the environments felt very alive. Definitely encourages playing through the demo a few times, there's quite a bit to discover.

did you find the ghost?

Is this shit only for fags with PS+?

False. Cunts with nostalgia glasses hate the new games. RE 1 and 2 were utter garbage with only graphics to really carry the games. I only played them back then because it looked cool, but they were fucking boring.

7 looks like a return to being fucking boring but this time with decent controls.

No, I played it last night after it was released, got two endings and went to bed. I see a lot of opportunities for emergence and discovering more interesting details. I really like that disturbed family home setting.

Honestly, Resident Evil 7's trailer wasn't really bad. It was bland but it's not like I can see Todd Howard raping this franchise into something laughably atrocious beyond recognition from a mile away. That "Go tell Aunt Roadie" song really did a tap-dance on my nerves but at least I don't know what the gameplay is going to be like (if there is no combat then I hope it's more like Clock Tower: The First Fear than a shitty knockoff of the former programmed by a druggie from a godforsaken jungle in Brazil) and there was one shot in the trailer that immediately make me think of Alone in the Dark where, at the beginning of the game, there is a creature looking at you from a window that's keeping the lights on in the room he's in.

I liked watching Quarantine with the commentary on. The directors had a lot of interesting things to talk about like how the guy who played the monster at the end recorded a (reportedly awesome) manifesto into the tape recorder but, as seen in the movie, it was decided that the playback should be garbled because it was scary on two different levels: that it sounded unnerving and it leaves the veil of mystery on.

I actually didn't play RE2 until it released on the Gamecube, and the visuals had aged like shit, but that didn't stop me from enoying it.

hai

This thread again?

You've already been told to fuck off in three threads.

The problem ISN'T pleasing fanbases. The problem isn't wether it looks like an old game or not. The problem is quality, and the footage we were shown had NO grasp on suspense, tension and so on. It looks so bad, that it can only be "my first game project" or Tripple A.

Newfags from Halfchan and summerfags thinking imageboards are exclusively for shitposting.

Yeah, that auto aim option is clearly not combat.

Again, when I actually SEE it playing like Resident Evil, I'll stop bitching. But right now, all I'm seeing is second rate youtube bait.

wait, are there multiple endings for the demo?

VR was a mistake.

yes, Fuse and Exit have been found so far
did you find the hatchet?

You can get the chick on the phone to say 3 different things.

There's a Bolt Cutter, VHS tape, Back Door Key, Fuse, Dummy Finger, Lockpick and Axe/Hatchet. No one has figured out what the dummy finger is for yet. The hachet can destroy 1 dummy in the entire house and some of the crates. Nothing is in any of the crates as far as I found. Google doesn't have much help either.

Weren't RE5 & 6 one of Capcom's most profitable games?

RE5 yes, RE6 they overspent on and while it did fine as most games go, it cost so much to make it wasn't profitable.

It not being one thing doesn't make it good, dude. Your logic is innately flawed.

If they announced this as RE Gun Survivor VR, I'd be fine about it.

But why did they think this was a fucking good idea?!

I would say there's 3. Classic, RE4 and action. I loved RE4, its a masterpiece but RE5 was shit.

I'm convinced resident evil 7 was created to convince people 6 wasn't so bad in comparison.

Miss RE6 yet?

Parts of it.

I actually liked their campaign. I was hoping for more in Re7..

Me too. It was cute.

No, fuck off, more tank control, fixed camera, survival horror resident evil, and please, end the tension already, let poor chris bone jill.

So Revelations then?

It didn't look like Resident Evil to me. The main RE games are 3rd person. You start with a gun in them too.

Where are the monsters? Also, Where's Chris? Where's Jill? Where's Leon? And lest we forget, Barry! Where's Barry!?

Well I agree with that at least.

I'm a huge fan of the classic series and I love the look of this new game. It actually looks like they're trying to move the series forward as a survival horror series again instead of an action series. Once I get out of this damn hospital I'm going to download the demo and try it out.

frankly i quite like it and if RE7 is like this but with puzzles and "combat" like RE1( low ammunition, item management and emphasis on survival) since they already confirm that there will be guns in it and herbs. for the looks of it RE7 will be something like Amnesia +"Combat" + "Puzzles" + non-linear and i'm fine with it, they already nail the atmosphere so i'm hopeful.

one thing about the demo, it has multiple "endings" of sorts.

I would have no problem if this was an RE spin-off but making it RE7 is insulting. This means Revelations 2 is more of a Resident Evil game than a mainline game.

Revelations 2 was great.

I never thought RE5 was bad just an average game that wasn't as good as RE4. RE6 could have been good but the I remember reading how they had two teams, one in charge of controls and mechanics and the other designing the levels, if that is true then it makes so much sense why the game just doesn't work at all. It could have been good but it failed.

Revelations and Revelations 2 were pretty good. Rev 1 was a bit like RE5 but Rev 2 actually did something with the dual protagonists rather than just slapping on a useless character for coop.

You can't please the hipster contrarians, op.

WE SILENT HILLS NOW

Only after it was patched.