Scalebound

Is Platinum Games losing their touch?

BIG GUY

What touch? They got lucky with the right formula a couple times, but most of their games and completely forgettable cookie-cutter garbage. You play one game you've played them all

This looks way too anime, fucking gross.
Japs can't make video games worth shit.
Or anything else in that realm for that matter.

Yeah they are. TMNT was garbage and this one looks like garbage.

JUST

Not really. What did you expect when companies like Microsoft and Activision become the publishers? Not much Platinum can do when the publishers and notorious for being shit.

Its a game made for XBOne's demographic. Looks about right to me.

they fucked up when they change from a qt girl that uses her mind to control on her qt dinos to a cool bro notdonte.

Please, don't play P+ games. I don't wanna have you around in patrician threads.

The game doesn't look bad, but it's clear Microsoft have had their hands in there, with regards to stuff like visual design.
Kamiya has yet to make a game I didn't love, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Dragons are a dead race.

who's more edgy?

They're trying to make a ARPG. Not sure, how it'll work by look at this footage.

The voice acting is cringy as fuck

LET'S BOMB SOME DODONGOS DRAGONS

You can't say Vanquish and Bayonetta and Rising are all the same game. It's just this wave of games starting with Korra and with the exception of Devastation that sucked really bad.

Scalebound guy is cia, so far nothing about him seems edgy, just normal brodude thing.

BIG GUY BIG GUY

the MC has shit taste in music

I will ONLY get this game if I can have it play in another spoken language and use english subtitles. Or I can just manually make the voice volume mute and use subtitles.

I have a decent tolerance for bad writing and cringe lines, but this is shitty enough that I don't want to even play the game if I have to listen to it.

Platinum never had it. They were always shit. When will this meme end?

I heard the first part of the trailer and though they did away with the dubstep, and just when I was saying to my friend who was watching it with me that they did away with the dubstep he puts on the headphones and the wubs begin

No, they're spreading themselves too thin.

Easier solution: stop making a shitty template thread. Also
Off yourself.

When will the meme of Platinum always sucking end? I'll give you a hint: The same time the meme that all P* games are great ends

wouldn't FBI actually make more sense for him considering Bane is a domestic terrorist?

At this point I have to wonder if they have several teams working on all these releases. Never felt like Platinum had hundreds of workers before- either they hired a bunch of new people or they're making all these games at once. The recent drop in quality could be explained either way.

i figured it was coming and it still frustrated me, can only imagine how annoyed you must have been

Platinum has lost their touch since Legend of Korra.

Did he just hit its weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE

honestly not looking that exciting, but i have some hope that it will be at least a decent game when its finished.
also: kamiya didnt look that excited either - was there some kind of banter between microsoft and him? i remember him being pissed of at them at last years e3, i think.

why dont you people just say that you didnt like the soundtrack instead of talking out of your asses. the only thing missing here is the wubwubwub meme.
the first gameplay video had a the prodigy remix - and somehow that was said to be dubstep too.

It's all bullshit rhythmless noise computerised cancer regardless of what autistic genre box it goes in.
You are the problem.

At least its not as bad as Koei Tecmo I guess?

No

What are you kidding? It doesn't look anime enough. It's way too fucking slow, too many of the animations like the bow look like they're trying to be realistic which looks entirely out of place and doesn't mesh with the fantastical moves and elements like when he launches onto the arm or transforms.

To be fair, Nier Automata being co-developed with the developers of Drakengard.

Fixed.

really feels like it, shame really
why the fuck is the protagonist fucking Donte

all fucking cuhrayzee sure, but not the same

this seems like the far better game

Blame Microsoft for this one. Every single game showcased on the Microsoft panel had an online co-op component. Anyone(besides Microsoft execs) can tell you that won't work for a Platinum game.

I wish it fucking could.
Imagine TMNT with better combat, story, environments and missions and with fucking local co-op. It'd be fucking insane

I think it could work for a Platinum game, just not the way they're handling it. What it should be is a fast paced Monster Hunter with Drakengard-esque flying segments, not Infamous with a bow and the world's slowest floating turret mode.

That dragon combat looked awful. Press x to shoot fireball. The bow and arrow combat looked more boring than Dragon Dogma.The climbing on the monster bit was too slow.

Kami looked so depressed on stage

I really wanted to like it but the MC reminds me of fucking Donte

Holy shit you guys weren't joking, the new protagonist really is Donte.
But yeah everything about this looks terrible. At least you get to make the giant enemy crab joke.

BIG

MEATY

GUY

Hot damn. Looks fun

of course. I don't know how, but e3 made the post quality drop even further

Why did we go from an era of silent protagonists to ones that never shut the fuck up?

The MC looks like Donte with JUST hair.

Well now it actually makes sense for the game to continue. I can dig it.

Platinum has always been shit since Mad World.
The only good game they've made since then was Bayonetta and Wonderful 101

And yet, better than most dubs.

You're damn right and I'm glad someone noticed. People only started caring about Platinum when they got into bed with a certain behind the times company.

Apparently they had to make a lot of changes for MS like the MC was going to be a little girl

If anything that makes it harder

I'm sorry you like shitty low effort music that is easily confused with dubstep.

They're behind NieR 2 and that is looking great so far

what about Metal Gear Rising?
3 super good games in 7 years is pretty solid, and some of the others weren't that bad anyways like Transformers.

Scalebound a shit.

A good How To Train Your Dragon game when?

probably too much oversight by Microsoft. or Kamiya is a shit.

Konami?

I didnt even have to change his hair

It's all too perfect

frosted tips are flavourtown m8

But those are barely frosted tips, too short

Sega?
Activison?

You're right. People didn't care about Platinum when Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising or Vanquish came out. It wasn't until W101 and Bayonetta 2 that anyone cared, was it?
Platinum is overrated, but at least don't be an idiot about it.

am i the only one who thinks he looks like hillary?

Holy fuck it would have been so much better without this faggot as a protagonist.
Not because Donte but because his combat is the most boring part.
Bow, bow, some climbing, more bow, cinematic.

Just leave giant battles between dragons and monsters.
Add option to attack with claws from air like eagles and other carnivorous birds do.
Make it so I can land on monster and do huge damage to one part of him, something like landing near a tail to bite it off.

10/10 but instead we get something like shadow of colossus but without sense of scale because you have army of guys and dragons on your side and most likely more shitty.

Nolan is an idiot.

Eh, They've always had hit or miss games. Anarchy Reigns, Korra, TMNT.

Scalebound looks like it'll be solid but really boring but who knows, it could be W101 2.0.

Bane was an international criminal at the beginning of the movie. He wasn't domestic until he came to Gotham.

Popping monster zits to wubwubwub. Charming.

Get the feeling Automata will be the game to determine if P* sinks or swims. I'm hoping for the best but keeping the hype reigned in.

Kamiya gets triggered to hell and back when someone asks him about DMC but he sure can't stop referencing it in some way.
And apparently that manlet Kellams has some creative involvement with Scalebound; having suffered Vanquish's story, I know he has the reverse Midas' touch (turns everything to shit).

the bottom line seems to be when they work with a westrn publisher game turns out to be shit and transformers was a miracle (it was an activision game how the hell turned it out to be good?)