SS13 - Space Merchants Edition

What is Space Station 13?
pastebin.com/xQB9L74c

You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: byond.com/download/

Web client: byond.com/play/embed/74.91.121.114:7777

NewStation
byond://74.91.121.114:7777
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON

HateStation
byond://ss13.unsafe.space:12345

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

NewStation is having scheduled play sessions every sunday at 4PM EST/8PM GMT. Drop in if want to play with more than 10 people.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

memes

Take a deep breath gitgud and look at what you caused. I could have been playing with a 20+ server population right now if it wasn't for you doing all those retarded changes.

thank you jesus

Could somebody recommend me some good low-rp servers?
Not really interested in new or hate.

Neither new or hate are rp servers whats your problem with um?

ded, drama

new-nu-station, some user throw together a server with one of the older branches of the gits and everyone changes their handle and avoids using their old one on server or when communicating
namefags, drama, and retarded baggage all goes away and new drama and retarded baggage takes its place

That being said, is medium rp what I am after?

I don't like playing on servers like bay where they expect you to act unrobust on purpose, but I'm getting tired of low rp servers where nobody rps and people say things like "wew" and "fam".

I want an atmosphere like a laid-back D&D group: everyone making an effort to stay in character and produce entertaining rp, but not taking it too seriously.

Or is that just a low rp server with a good playerbase?

sage for doubleposting

piss off

Jesus christ, why is ss13 plagued with drama?

gitgud go somewhere else

Have I ever told you the definition of autism?

You fags are never gonna get a decent server in Holla Forums and it's your fucking fault. You can't create or maintain anything good ever, you never stick together as a community.
If you did, newstation would be filled with you all.
If you did, you'd have talked with the hatestation administration and solve whatever problems there were, instead of supporting YET ANOTHER SERVER.
If you did, you'd have done literally anything except throw every remotely famous name on the mud, creating drama for easy entertainment while playing in neither server. Why the fuck do you think Big Slice is a new account?

Not that you fags care, of course. You'll just blame some scapegoat for all the problems and that will magically solve everything. Previously it was Koriath, now it's Gitgud and had Newstation stuck around for longer, it would have been Merenge or Big Slice.

As long as you keep looking for an easy way to pin the blame on something or someone just so you don't have to contribute anything to make the servers better, as long as you keep believing everything shitposters write in these threads and as long as you have more fun with drama than playing the game, you'll NEVER have a server.
It doesn't matter who's hosting, who's admining or who's coding. There will always be something to create drama and there will always be fags that keep talking about it instead of the game.
Enjoy Hippie and /tg/, that's all you deserve.

Oh fuck off, they distanced themselves almost from the start and created a double sekrit club.

Good post/10

Anyone opposed to adding more blob spawn locations? I'm sick of spawning as bleb and getting found out before I can even make a factory.

Fucking goddammit that isn't my image you kikes.

By creating a public Discord where anyone could go and have a chat with? Are you fucking serious? What else could you possibly want? A personal address you could send a letter to? A place where meetings take place once every week and anyone can attend?

Anyone could have joined and talked about things. You could go there and personally request a new addition to the game and find coders discussing shit to add as well. You could have talked with anyone and know who they are so you knew where they were coming from.
It was quite possibly the most open discussion a SS13 could possibly have with it's community and you're gonna bitch about it because you can't be arsed to join the channel.

It's your own autism and laziness that distances you from other people, blame your fucking self.

t. gitgud

OY VEY LET'S MAKE ANOTHA SERBER
filthy goyims

Leave this thread pls.

Alright, I've talked it over with the relevant parties and after struggling along with no population for a while, I've decided to just shut down the server as it is. I know a few people are working on pet projects at the moment for replacing or improving HateStation, but those don't have any sort of milestones or release date in place. Most, if not all, will be vastly different from HateStation in mood.

I'm sorry in the end I couldn't make it work out. But the early moments of this whole venture were something I'll keep with me, that was good while it lasted. I want to thank those of you who stuck along for the whole ride.

I did, gitgud told me that everything I ever said there was useless and that I should have done it on the githud which you need to make an account for and still not even been taken seriously

go fuck your self

Uh, since I can't figure out what's up with my trip I'll just respond to email from anyone that wants a confirmation this announcement is legitimate.

So what changes were made that made people flee HateStation exactly?

from hatecode right to /tg/ code

But why?

apparently hate was having some code problems because of all the memeing that was added so that's the route they took, turn it into the new /tg/ code and slowly start readding the hatestation changes again.

HateStation, and hell, all Holla Forums Holla Forums ss13 servers were trash from day 1 because literally everyone was a circlejerking faggot

this guy here gets it a bit

What makes it all worse is that there was never any excuse to fuck up - all it fucking takes to make a good ss13 server is to NOT BE A HUGE FAGGOT. How the fuck you guys keep choking on dicks for literal geographic ages is byond me

one of the coders convinced gitgud to do it in the discord and never really said anything about it in the thread

WEW

Good riddance.

/vg/ has a good mix of robust and roleplay.

Does anyone have the ban evade .dll? I want to get back into /tg/station.

SO LONG, SERVER GOBLIN

t. gitgud

Ow shut the fuck up, they decided to change the entire fucking codebase because 1 coder was too lazy to fix shit for the current code without even telling people about it. I've said this before: leave.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

It went something like this.

>Couple of days later they changed from the /tg/ rebase that had a couple of minor Hate features added back to a new Bay branch because some guy going by Ninjacha on the git and cyka something in BYOND convinced gitgud to do so the former also being a regular poster at Reddit

It goes back quite a while I would say and at the very core of it is the instability caused by not very good code but that's likely not the only reason. But at least we're not TG.

If you think shit's as basic as that, you really should stop posting.
There were a lot of other problems with the codebase and there were a lot of new features that /tg/ had that could be ported easily.
It's as much that coder's fault as it is of all the others that had an entire weekend to implement something from the previous codebase, anything at all, and did nothing.

And considering how the previous codebase was hated by everyone because "koriath kode", changing it to something different should have been seen as an improvement by everyone.
Just read here:>>9721092
Or do you miss the dakis this much? :^)

Bump from 14!

yay~

quit being a cunt

Hey, some people have fun ruining servers, other's have fun reminding them that.

doesn't make it o.k

fuck off

no u

Doesn't make it wrong either. I'd even argue the problem is that there aren't enough people doing the same. Hammering the idea that if you ruin things for fun, you don't get to cry about nothing good ever lasting.

Maybe if there were more salty reddit fags like me reminding people what happens everytime a new server is made, maybe then people would stop ruining things.
Maybe if there were most cunts like me reminding people who's usually doing the shitpost for a new server with a clean banlist, who plays there just to spite the previous server and fucks off after a week, maybe then people wouldn't forget.

Maybe if someone actually bothered to remind people all the mistakes that happened before and why they happened, we wouldn't have done them YET AGAIN for the nth time. Maybe then you wouldn't need a cunt reminding you of this shit.

maybe you could be that guy instead of just being a satly cunt reddit fag

Rather be a salty reddit cunt than ruining other people's servers for fun, so why the fuck not?

Someone please explain to me, why would someone actually derive pleasure and fun from fucking with a random server on the web that never got more than 30 players ever? And I mean since the Nelstation time.
Why would someone spend his time fabricating drama to fuck with everyone playing and maintaining these servers?
Better yet, explain to me why would someone purposely ruin what was practically the best server online? Mind you, there was nothing special about it except being way less shit than just about any other alternative, but why screw with that?

There wasn't any /vg/ circlejerk, /tg/ coderbus, no goon culture, no focus on autistic combat like CM or autistic RP like Bay, not even ERP like Citadel.
It was a chill fun place filled with people like you and me that just wanted to have fun playing spessmen together, how can anyone actually ruin this for fun and feel good with himself?
Where are you going to play now that it's dead? Back to the previous shitty servers? Back to Hippie to handle their admins and greytide? Back to /tg/ to check on what was removed or nerfed this time? Where did you though you'd go after you were done here?
Because if you didn't even liked the game, why waste so much time ruining it?

And an even better question for a different kind of people: why listen to him? Why actually follow the bandwagon, constantly jump servers, never joining the community properly, seeing the blatant shitpost in the thread and saying nothing… Why did you let this happen? Did you actually think you were fighting the good fight? That there was ever an establishment for you to opose and moral justification for that? Did you actually think there was a "right side" in this?
Or did you just not care, played while it was alive and left the moment it was dead, not a care in the world?
Either way, really says a lot about the usual playerbase here…

For all the people ever that considered making a different server, not because the previous one had technical difficulties but simply because you disagreed with the administration…
Why did you though it was a good idea? What madness possess you to believe splitting a server that NEVER had more than 30 players at it's peak would be great?
Explain to me how this worked out inside your autistic little head: start new server, everyone agrees with you and moves to it and the previous coders eventually accept the reality and start doing new features for your server?
Did it ever ocurred to you that not everyone actually agrees with you? Or that someone don't exactly agree, they just happen to have the same "foes" you have and as soon as the "war" is over, they are no longer your "allies"?
Did you ever consider that maybe you'd need proper admins to keep the place in check when you were asleep, and actual coders adding new features to keep the game fresh and interesting?
Did you ever consider that maybe starting a server is something you do when you want to start a community? Not when you want to "fight the MAN" whoever the MAN is right now?

And a collective question to absoluetely everyone… Just how fucking dense do you have to be that ALL of this happened at least 5 times, precisely the same way, and you always answered exactly the same way?

you could realize that it's people outside of here doing it

it's the same with the terriara servers

Salty autists don't want to communicate in any way that doesn't affirm their held viewpoint. Case in point, people here in the thread couldn't bury the hatchet when it game to gitgud and koriath even when newstation put them out of the picture. The people shitposting in the thread and stirring up baseless drama on and about the servers are small, small people who can't see the big picture. But of course, if you disagree with them and their narrative, then you're the enemy. Gitgud, goons, or redditors, whatever the spinner land on.

everyone who talks about that drama will still propagate it despite their intents

for real literally none of the shit posted in this thread matters. except for the quarterly reminder to ignore shitposting which no one seems to take seriously because 8ch (despite claiming to be a savvy userbase) gets taken for a ride by shitposters every time.

Hate is dead and New is here. people from all camps say they wanna spess but they don't spess. why? animosity? lack of structure, planning? lack of fresh features? stagnation? For me it's the lack of structure and the stagnation. I don't know what to expect from New going forward. The very name Newstation fails to inspire confidence. It illustrates a temporary server that simply isn't Hate. Consider renaming for real. As for stagnation, well, taters, lings, and worst of all, 5+ hour extended autism shifts are killing my soul. I just wanna play Abductors and put neat bugs inside people's butts, but Abductors is bugged IIRC.

although, I dunno how long 8ch SS13 can hold out. 8ch itself seems to be dying.

I have an interesting question for all the people who are still active on this thread if at all.

Should a station come online that has some of the old players, be them good or bad, would you be interested in a full, all be it slow transition to one station.

I would be more than willing to help out and maybe even get some of the Newstation members onboard.

We will likely never get back to nelstation. But we can atleast autism in relative peace for fucking once.

piss off, we don't need another serb, as it will only drive the community further apart.

How about fucking no.

We have newstation that gets fair amount of players.
Just use that.
Stop being fucking autistic.

It's the same with literally any server and anything at all that starts in a chan. Nothing ever makes it out alive from here. Not even us.

The only thing worthwhile in the thread.

New needed actual admins when it started but Big Slice didn't trusted anybody. Considering how it was a fresh new account, he has some skeletons in his closet and reasons to not trust other people.
It also needed a proper coder. Merenge is probably Zaers, considering his style of coding shit, but constantly removing things and fixing minor shit doesn't impress anyone. It's an important and thankless job but you want people to stick around, you give them new toys. Say what you will about the dakis and the chem synthetizer but that shit atracted a lot of people wanting to have some fun with that shit because no other server had it.

Fuck off Turbo, eat a bowl of dicks, you homosexual faggot.
Newstation is cancer and already did enough damage as is. Making yet another server is like getting AIDS to cure your lung cancer.
Either work with what's actually around or fuck off. The kind of server-hopping faggots you want to attract are the kind that will leave the server a week after it starts.

I could do another one. Just let me know what you want drawn. I might not finish today, since it's late. But I'll have something to start the day with tomorrow.

I was not suggesting anouther server. Instead I was suggesting that some experienced admins get into talks with the newstation owner and maybe get it off the ground more than
ever will.

Name a single person who's been able to build a server from the kind of community and history we have here. There are none, not even far outside this community.

So you are saying it is not humanly possible to have a server. Host it. Have coders work on getting updates for it AND get a population?

Why not sexualize ligger homo abuse?

Can do.

Will do.

Hey i'm new, can someone give me a rundown of recent events?

sexy mime girls raping a clown, going "sshhh" on him
don't forget the bagettes

Your british shitposting is catching with you.

You mean admins whose names are known and will be hated by everyone because of that? Or admins that already have servers of their own?
Because you better take a good look around you fucboi, and realize where you are. This is a chan, there's no "experienced" person in literally anything unless he is known for having done it for quite a while which, again in Holla Forums, means that he's an autistic attention whore that you should ignore, as far as the majority has decided.

You are either brand new and no one trusts you, or you are a veteran and everyone hates you. Ain't this "community" fucking grand?

He's saying you're being a faggot and dodging the question like the unfunny faggot you are.
It's clearly possible otherwise neither of those stations would have even happened. What's impossible is keep it around for long, seeing how so many people just love fucking with the entire concept of a chill server, while others just start creating their own at the slightest disagreement (as if there was enough people for competition here…) and the rest just plain doesn't care and drops both servers while they keep being fags.

Shit's dead. That's all. Go back to Holla Forums.

Shame, looked fun.
Benny G is an Holla Forums staple bud.
>>>/reddit/

also there's a much bigger issue with these threads other then the drama and that's people saying that "shit's dead" when really it isn't at all because they either don't know what they're talking about or just want to cause more issues

>Hot young players ERPing having fun in a station near your area! Click here to play with them!

nig nog we had 21 players, big slice took a pic and posted. Go fuck yourself.

Obviously the latter. Gitgud and koriath simply can't contain their buttanger.

>fucking Josh Mark Hotwheels Alacrity Demon ate my picture again!

there's always someone saying the servers are dead too

maybe they're the same people causing drama being shitters and grefting the servers

it's likely only one person though

There was actually a guy that kept coming here and talking about "terrible controls" and "horrible community" and a bunch of other crap. Every thread, just one post. It could be applied to literally any BYOND game, actually but he always came here, just like the FNGY poster, only he did it just once per thread.
Wonder where he went…

I'm going to assume you're the problem here and that you need to leave

He's the main shitposter of the thread, just filter him, he adds nothing of value to the conversation.

I know it's more than one person, or maybe there are more than one group participating. There's always that one couple of fags who metagame and attempt to murderbone the entire station as non-antags, for example.

You don't get it. You aren't even trying to get it. You'll keep bumbling about and doing the same shit and wonder how did it happened again…

This isn't about finding who or what is the problem and kick it out. That solves nothing. That's what happened all the other time and how did it went so far?
Hey, Gitgud was a piece of autistic shit that killed his own server wasn't he? And he's gone now, isn't he? How many players did the Newstation gained since he left? What did anyone gained from removing that problem?

You should be looking for solutions to implement, not problems to kick out.

Neither do you and pretty much 20 other UIDs in this thread. So far the best contribution this thread got was Mech and Clown porn. And the previous ones had 2 guys roleplaying ligger abuse.
If you're gonna filter everyone that doesn't contribute to the "conversation" (>implying there's any at all), you might as well close the tab.

Most excellently.

Around 15 players or so.

A significantly more stable and bugfree server, with no tumblr meme infestation, as well as a significantly superior administrative body and a much higher playercount.

You got that when New was made, not when Gitgud stopped hosting Hate.
You see a pattern here? Good things happen when you make good things, they don't happen when bad things go away.
Is that why so many threads were filled with "Yeah, Big Slice has got to start hiring some admins, he isn't online most of the day and shitters are running rampamt"? How is that superior? As far as I know, Oak was added to the admin list but that's just, like, one guy.

pants on fire…
2 threads ago specifically you had someone complaining that he was told the server had 20 people and he got massively disapointed when he joined…
You should at least be honest.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!???

We had a designated playtime last Sunday and got a good amount of folks, it seemed to work fine. I do agree with you in that we need to stop blaming everything on a scapegoat (who stopped hosting his fucking server) and start hiring competent admins, people who can code properly, people who can shill, and start solving our issues rather than blaming them because every time I'm on, the server usually has around 3 players. I don't want to go back to the shitty servers and start waiting on my ban that will never get appealed. Newstation HAD potential to be great, but all we did was fight and blame shit on Gitgud, that all that happens in the threads anymore. Hell, our wiki is a mess and all it is just articles that were copied-and-pasted from the /tg/ and /vg/station wikis.

But it's not like anyone will listen to me, I'm just a player who just wants to play some Space Station 13 without any bullshit or drama.

STOP REPLYING TO HIM
REEEEEEE

What kind of coding? I'll take a whack at it if it's something vaguely C++ or Lua like.

There's only one kind of code in BYOND games and that is spaghetti.

Because of all the copy pasta, eh?

It's pretty much C or Java and it's heavily OOP.
It really doesn't matter much since the language won't be your biggest obstacle. Figuring out the previous work is.

There's a lot of code split all over many different files and most variables are done this way as well. If you are editing a specific object, you'll want to open all the scripts associated with it's hierarchy. Takes a lot of time to get used to it, but the truth is, it's actually pretty ingenious. Some of the solutions and the way some of the code works is pretty much brilliant. It does take a long while or being a madman to appreciate that beauty.

No. Copypasta has nothing to do with spaghetti code, much on the contrary.
It's still a problem, but much rarer than you'd guess.