Old PC strats/4x

Who else here thinks this was the best Civ?
Also how did firaxis fuck it up so fast.

Why are the faces in Civ 3 so creepy?

Dunno, but I like how in 3 the character portraits changed per Era

why does gandhi look like a perverted old man

actually he was pretty lustfull whit his wife on his younger days before taking celibacy

Aside from being able to take over the enemys entire country in a single turn once howitzers and railroads were in it was the best civ.

I miss building a single super productive city with shakespeares theatre and having all my guys support from it to circumvent deployment unhappiness.

Best civ is Rome every game tbh

He was also extremely racist.

Rome would have gotten rekt if the Carthaginans had supported Hannibal more

Darkies can't be racist :^)

U no it

wait did you play MGE? the AI was pretty aggressive, but then again I may just be a shit player

That was basically the downfall of everyone who opposed Rome though, they never had staying power or unity. It's a common misconception that Rome were brilliant tactically or strategically, viewed over their entire history their main advantage was being stubborn assholes who wouldn't give up even when you decimated every legion they had. They'd just go and raise more.

The problem with Hannibal (and Carthage in general) is that they were a bunch of (((merchants))) with zero manpower. So their whole army was essentially mercenaries.

Compare that to Rome, whose army was composed of land owning citizens meant that the Romans could suffer defeat after defeat and continue to turn out new legions.

The second that Hannibal lost a battle, however, all the mercs took their shit and left.

That OC is pretty funny tho.

Yet romans (and later italians) were defeated 90% of the times like the retarded idiots they were, the only reason their shit actually worked was the sheer number, manpower and production they were able to acumulate douring wartimes to simply overcome the enemy, not startegy, yet people still think the romans were this "advanced civilization" like they did anything besides what the USSR did during WW2

Well the barbarian tribes in the West were complete and utter morons. It wasn't until the Romans had to fight guerilla warfare in the German woods that they were stopped.

In the East the Romans were fighting against advanced cultures and they actually lost in a fair fight against the Parthians (yes sandniggers used to have culture).

The only thing that made the Romans advanced is that they actually had a standing army. They weren't just a huge mob made up of individual bands of warriors.

It's the civ I played the most tbh

checked

GET

thread derailed

nice QUINTS

Definitely the Civ I've had the most fun with.

Although nowadays I can't really get into it. The kinds of random map it turns out aren't to my taste. It's a shame, with better map generation algorithms it'd probably still be my favourite.

I prefer Civ 4.
I liked the "culture" concept created in civ3. Better frontiers and allows more no-warmongering tactics.
I liked the civ2-eingeneers been able to destroy or create hills, though.

Anyone tried non-Sid Meier's "Test of Time"? I was gifted this when I was a kid. Documentation was a mess, you didn't knew what units could fly (it's obvious in Earth but when playing other worlds it wasn't obvious from the start) and the game just felt strange. It's a good thing that Alpha Centauri came right away, but I stopped playing it when Civ3 came out.

Also, although I didn't liked Civ 5, I'll admit it had a lot of good ideas.
- The World Congress allowed for a lot of intrigues
- The idea of spies with identities which you could deploy to specific missions and levelled up was also nice
- Actual trade routes with caravans/cargo boats moving automatically that could get raided
- I liked the archeology and museums too.
All these are from Brave New World, right?
I didn't liked everything else:
- Land troops can enter the sea. You don't need transports.
- Cramped battles
- Each Turn last a thousand years. Half of the gameplay time is you waiting for the CPU to finish its turn
- Civilopedia.exe stopped working

Seconded, Beyond the Sword for me is the series apex, Civ 5 would've worked better if it had been a Colonization remake instead, and 6 isn't even trying to pretend it won't be a mobile-like game.

I liked Civ V
Sure, you can win pretty much any game against the AI, but I like winning and the false sense of success. I enjoy having ridiculous wins, though.

Although any early wonder is pretty swingy too, especially Solomon's Mine

Good feels

Can we even call Endless Legend Civish? It feels like a totally different game.

bump :DDD

Anyone else excited for Remnants of the Precursors?

if it's better than gayeffect 4

How the fuck are they even comparable?

Nomadic "Arabian Tribes" were as barbarous before Muhammad as after him.