I miss 4/vp/ sometimes

I miss 4/vp/ sometimes.
They were cool. I don't think they were ever really overrun by SJWs or autism of any caliber higher than your average pokemon autist.
They had the best memes.
I miss that place.

Other urls found in this thread:

replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-343990157
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did it die or something? Just go post there god damn.

haha the /vp/ you know is dead. Userbase switches over every time a new game gets announced.

I know how you feel.
I mean, we could try to talk about pokemon in here right? Make fun threads with content a people actually playing.

Fuck off furfag

/vp/ was always shit.

yeah but it was the fun kind of shit

yet best we can get is a sad attempt to replicate showderp, mere shadow of what it was back on 4/vp/.
We have no memes.

I remember when /vp/ was first made, it was good times and a bunch of fun threads.
However, it got boring and cancerous really fast

user, stop being a faggot and try.

My folder with /vp/ images is still name "tr". I never actually changed the name.
The shitposting there was flawless.

Man, fuck you for making me dig through my old folders

So you only remember these times fondly because you were shitposting, and you thought it was fun?

Then it's obvious that you were reddit-tier underageb& faggot cancer killing imageboards back then, and now you grew out of it thankfully.

Same reason why we all come here really.

uh, no retard

No user, not all of us come here to take a break from quality Reddit discussions to shitpost without limit.

People who say we came to Holla Forums for a single reason need to be lit on fire.

It's not as good as early days of showderp, but there's no comparison between fullderp and at the very least showderp since gen 6.

replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-343990157

Back in the days it was possible to do both, make great threads and have fun

Nothing is stopping you from posting there you fucking retard

If you were to use archive to browse same thread again, you'd find that it was nothing but shit and was utterly devoid of anything meaningful. As bland and dull as it gets. It was only "fun" and "great" because you were just the kind of faggot who could appreciate nonstop shitposting, i.e. the kind of faggot who doesn't belong to imageboards.

I correct myself, I meant 8derp beat 4derp on three different occasions.

Is opponent a 4chimp there? Got a replay?

yoink

got yer feet :3

I lost my replay for that battle
fullderp was being slow, so chimp went in with 2 pokes while he waited for suggestions and went against cuckchimp

I had to endure non-stop shitposting for days without anyone bothering to delete 10 pages of pig threads, so you really need to redefine the way you use the word "shitpost" because it really just boils down to things you disapprove of

Its pretty fun to watch. They got a fresh new meme that was cleaning house the otherday. Citizen snips is my favorite though

Pretty sure that any posts void of conversational meaning easily qualify as shitposts, not just the worst specimen that interfere with communication in the most insufferable ways.

Wew, shit, I thought you said "controversial meaning", that would've made your post way more interesting.

So we are shitposting right now?

Only if you think all of these posts worth precisely dick, you can strip any of them away and there will be no difference visible.

So, yes?

I had fun talking with a likeminded person over the internet, so what you consider shitpost might be very valuable to other people

Why does it matter what other people think is shitposting, anyway?
I can almost guarantee every user here has a different definition for it.

Clearly it's not about definition, it's about not letting the board to degenerate into cuckchan-tier shithole. That takes quality control, and quality control means low quality pieces will get rejected.
Not at expense of well being of the whole place, no.

Yeah that's true.

All I can really say is that I want a place that's not 10 pages of niggerface or pigspam, nor do I want to be at a place where the only way to make a thread with lots of replies is to throw out some cheap bait. And most importantly I don't want to have the feeling that I'm getting censored.

But I understand that everyone has different expectations in a good imageboard

There's not much an individual person can do about "quality control" beyond reporting, ignoring, or bitching. We can act like valiant defenders of the board, but at the end of the day, we don't have any real power around here.
However, mass reporting or bitching works quite well.

Eh, bitching never works. It just attracts more bitching, and what's worse, it attracts unfounded tryhard bitching from newfags who don't know shit what they're bitching about.

Also, quality control is enforced by mods, it's not board users' business. As you can see, this thread is already at page 4.

You can't have it both ways, because it's mutually exclusive. You either allowed to post anything anywhere, or you get "censored" if any of it ever gets restricted. You just need to come to terms that not all ideas are good, and not all posts are good, and out of these not-so-good things, there are fraction that are yours. It may not be easy to just discard your creation, however little, into the trash bin, but that's just how it works. If you were an artist you'd felt easier about it, after years of routinely discarding previously made works of art because at some point you felt they were shit.

As long as everyone is at least trying their best to make good posts it's good enough for me honestly.

People on 4chan seem to be pretty greedy for getting lots of replies, which results in lots of threads where people just fish for these.
I mean, it's understandable that this is something they have to do since 4chan is so fast.

I think at the end of the day 4chan simply became too big and popular for it's own sake