Vindictus - Delia Update Soon

Nexon on their Faceberg page just released the announcement that Delia is releasing on NA/EU servers soon. 2h finesse is about all I got on her right now. I know there were some earlier threads about making a small guild for some people here, I made one last night with a friend from a previous Holla Forums guild, just look up , it's really just us 2 in it. Also we may or may not see boats going away this patch in lieu of direct launching from the town.
Ok queue the shit posting about weightiness.

I'm going to play so much Delia. Even though she sucks, she's exactly what I've wanted for a long time.

How's Vindictus anyways?
I've heard it was good.

The game is 10/10, the owners are 0/10.
It's run by gigantic kikes, good gear almost requires money and even then you gamble it.

Its like an MMO with ASSFAGGOT Champions.

Also its a Nexon game, and their business model includes a bunch of grinding where you pay to not play.

This is DFO all over again, fuck it I'm not falling for it this time.

It has good combat, it has clothing destruction, intrinsically done hitbox, smooth animation and is a pretty good dress up simulator.
The only thing that's bad about it, is the fact that it's peer-to-peer so good luck playing with everyone in the world. It's also pay-to-not-angry as fuck and it's published by Nexon.
Oh, and grindy as fuck, almost pay to win if you really want to break through from high tier gears into end-game tier.
Generally though, if you never played it, get a friend or two and play the fuck out of it. If you liked other 3D beat-em-up you're guaranteed to get close to a hundred hours of fun from it.
Maybe even more, because there are no two characters playing exactly the same. You can grind one character to 60, then make a new one just to see how different the playstyle is.

Been gathering mats to level up this new semen demon.
Ill probably end up going back to my fiona anyway though

Unfortunately that's usually the case. You can still enjoy a good bit of it without giving into Nexon's fuckery.

fuck that, its pay to to gamble without losing your weapon. ive seen people drop $200 on those "dont lose your weapon/armor while trying to upgrade stones" and not even get them to gain one level

i just wish high level raids weren't just sandbags that need you to spend months playing the market so you can gamble for better weapon levels to be able to not die of boredom from how little damage you do

I made that same argument awhile ago and someone stated they only work up to +10. Either way it's shitty.

i swear there was some premium ones you could buy for up to +13

Delia has extra damage on timed smashes sort of like Lynn, and has a transformation where she sheds her armor for a buff.

She can also block like Fiona does, making her look rather easy.

Her personality is a ditzy bimbo, and her height is close to Sylas and Lynn, too.

She uses a Bastard Sword, separate from Hurk's Greatsword, so that means new weapons. Bastard Swords are generally thinner.

Well whether or not that rune exists, they have new enhance stones for increasing success chance by 10%, so there's the p2w gamble.

Sounds what Lynn should have been. I got mine to 76 and while I like enhanced smashes, I'm not too big a fan of the marks mechanic.

Everything I said comes from this video, to save the trouble of having to listen to this autist for 10 minutes, but here it is for anyone super interested in Delia.

Is the previous guild from BDO?

Thanks buddy.

Sort of. It's one dude from the Tera guild that I happened to also find in the BDO guild during some late night grinding. I've also been in the DFO Holla Forums guild.

Sat down and watched this. Looks fun, cute and all, but man at level 90 you're showing me some crits that total ~3k on that enhanced smash? Maybe I'm spoiled by cross cut totaling 8k at level 60.

What's your name in BDO? I ask because our overflow guild was called SMUG.

I was in ITC, I just picked because most 8/v/ guilds roll with it. Also SMUG > ITC

I haven't played Vindictus in years, but back when I did play, there were a few things that really bothered me-

-The whole boat token thing. I could deal with the limited free tokens, but what really bothered me was that they just reset each week instead of adding what you might have already had left over. Also, how the cost of boat rides went up the more times you went in a day. It meant that you pretty much had to play a little each day to not miss out, and that made the game feel like a job. Real-time should not matter to gameplay in any way, I hate having to plan when I'm playing video games for fun.

-Speaking of real-time, that whole skill training thing that required real time to pass, yet another thing to keep you playing a little each day. Garbage. Whatever you can accomplish in say, ten hours of gameplay should be the same whether it's all in one sitting or spread out over a week.

-The whole grab mechanic seemed cool at first, but you could never grab bosses, and by that vampire/undead chapter even the basic enemies couldn't be grabbed. What's even the point of a mechanic that you can't use when things actually get difficult enough you finally really need it?

-Having titles to boost stats as opposed to leveling was neat, but some titles were really grindy, like killing 50 wisps with thrown spears. And even if you did that, guess what, you gotta do it again on any alt characters if you want that bonus for them too. All non-plot-progression related titles should have been universal to the account, so once you stomped 50 slimes or whatever once, all your characters have that title.

-And of course, as you go, the game just makes it worse and worse not to spend real money. And even if you did spend real money on more inventory space, for example, it was only temporary? GARBAGE. I almost shelled out cash for that in a time of weakness, but luckily for me, between it being overpriced and temporary, the temptation was overcome and I never spent anything. They would have actually gotten my money if they had been less greedy about it all.

The boat token thing is gone, but yeah it bothered me when I first saw it implemented, I stopped playing then. You can get AP from clearing dungeons in addition to the accumulation from real time passing, in fact I don't even recall a time when AP was exclusively given from real time passing, just meditation being a bonus on top of playing the game. All grindy titles like you have described only give +1 to whatever stat now and they have generally rolled most of the title stats into level up bonuses save for some boss killing titles and armor crafting titles still giving up to +10 in a stat. As for the cash shop, I'm not going to ever defend it because Nexon is a shitty company with shitty practices t. , personally I get by without spending any money.

I'd love this game if it was more like a singleplayer/coop thing (something like Monster Hunter) with a better difficulty curve and no cashshop bullshit.

sage for blogpost

The premium ones set you back to +0, making it not worth the price in the slightest. You are better off just destroying your weapon than buying a premium rune and have it fail.

Karok can grab/clash bosses and most trash mobs that other characters can't grab. Embed related for clashes

I can't wait for this game to shut down so private servers can be a thing. The only thing keeping me away is Nexon and their jewish bullshit.

I never understood why Karok clash videos always show the recycled clashes like the 4 reaper clashes although they are all identical. Also

Would these theoretical private servers unlock all paid content and generally undo the "pay to make the game not suck" design choices? If so, I totally agree.

Padding and possibly so newfags stop asking

Holy shit that's hilarious.

I looked around for information on private servers, some people are saying most of the stuff is done server side to prevent private servers becoming a thing. I also found a post at the beginning of the 2015 in the Nexon forums claiming Vindictus wouldn't survive BDO coming out.

Bumping with ancient copypasta for toasters

Overview
Custom configs involve tweaking config_material.txt. This can make the game look and / or perform better / worse.

The Process (start with the game closed):
1) Navigate to …\Vindictus\Vindictus EU\en-EU\bin
2) Backup config_material.txt (optional, but recommended - just make a copy)
3) Open config_material.txt (ideally in Notepad++) and make a note of your VendorID and DeviceID (they are near the end)
4) Replace / edit the config file contents (there are multiple templates if you follow the link provided at the top, some for improving graphics, others for improving performance, some both.) - easiest way is just to copy the contents of one of the templates and paste it over whatever was inside your config_material.txt
5) If you use one of the templates, remember to change the resolution settings ("ScreenWidth", "ScreenHeight", "ScreenWindowed"), Multicore setting ("multicore"), and your VendorID and DeviceID ("VendorID", "DeviceID") as required.
6) Save the file
7) Set the file to read-only (Right click -> Properties -> Tick the 'Read-only' box -> Click Apply and OK)
8) Start the game

Note: If you change any of the settings while in the game, you will lose a lot of the custom settings until you restart the game. (But because we set the file to read-only, it will remain unchanged.)

Templates
I'll just post a couple of "potato" configs. You can find more (including some to improve how the game looks) by following the link provided at the top.

Potato-Mode
"config"
{
"AutoConfigVersion" "1"
"ScreenWidth" "1920"
"ScreenHeight" "1080"
"ScreenWindowed" "1"
"ScreenMSAA" "0"
"ScreenMonitorGamma" "2.2"
"mp_decals" "0"
"mat_forceaniso" "0"
"mat_aaquality" "0"
"mat_picmip" "4"
"mat_trilinear" "0"
"mat_vsync" "0"
"mat_forcehardwaresync" "1"
"mat_parallaxmap" "0"
"mat_reducefillrate" "1"
"mat_shaderlevel" "0"
"mat_reduceparticles" "0"
"mat_vignette_effect" "0"
"mat_antialias" "0"
"mat_specular" "0"
"mat_bumpmap" "0"
"mat_hdr_level" "0"
"mat_colorcorrection" "0"
"sv_allow_color_correction" "1"
"mat_colcorrection_disableentities" "0"
"mat_colcorrection_forceentitiesclientside" "1"
"mat_motion_blur_enabled" "0"
"mat_queue_mode" "2"
"mat_clipz" "1"
"mat_diffuse" "0"
"fog_enable" "0"
"fog_override" "0"
"fog_enable_water_fog" "0"
"r_rainsimulate" "0"
"r_decals" "0"
"r_shadows" "0"
"r_shadowmaxrendered" "0"
"r_shadowrendertotexture" "0"
"r_rootlod" "2"
"r_lod" "-1"
"r_waterforceexpensive" "0"
"r_waterforcereflectentities" "0"
"r_drawdetailprops" "0"
"r_ambientboost" "0"
"r_dynamic" "0"
"r_maxdlights" "0"
"r_lighting_level" "0"
"r_drawparticles" "0"
"r_drawflecks" "0"
"r_3dsky" "0"
"r_propsmaxdist" "0"
"r_fastzreject" "1"
"r_worldlights" "0"
"r_threaded_particles" "1"
"r_threaded_renderables" "1"
"r_threaded_client_shadow_manager" "1"
"cl_threaded_client_leaf_system" "1"
"snd_mix_async" "1"
"tf_particles_disable_weather" "1"
"cl_smooth" "0"
"cl_cloth_physics_mode" "0"
"cl_particle_limit" "0"
"cl_phys_props_enable" "0"
"cl_phys_props_max" "0"
"cl_new_impact_effects" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_physics_enable" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_collide" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_fade_time" "0"
"cl_drawshadowtexture" "0"
"cl_forcepreload" "1"
"sv_forcepreload" "1"
"cl_detaildist" "2200"
"cl_detailfade" "2400"
"fps_max" "66"
"DXLevel_V1" "80"
"VendorID" "4318"
"DeviceID" "4230"
"r_drawdecals" "0"
"multicore" "1"
"npc_player_costume_quality" "0"
}

Potato-Mode v2 (Now with even more potatoeyness)
"config"
{
"AutoConfigVersion" "1"
"ScreenWidth" "1920"
"ScreenHeight" "1080"
"ScreenWindowed" "1"
"ScreenMSAA" "0"
"ScreenMonitorGamma" "2.2"
"mp_decals" "0"
"mat_forceaniso" "0"
"mat_aaquality" "0"
"mat_picmip" "4"
"mat_trilinear" "0"
"mat_vsync" "0"
"mat_forcehardwaresync" "0"
"mat_parallaxmap" "0"
"mat_reducefillrate" "1"
"mat_shaderlevel" "0"
"mat_reduceparticles" "1"
"mat_vignette_effect" "0"
"mat_antialias" "0"
"mat_specular" "0"
"mat_bumpmap" "0"
"mat_compressedtextures" "1"
"mat_alphacoverage" "0"
"mat_bufferprimitives" "1"
"mat_disable_bloom" "1"
"mat_disable_fancy_blending" "1"
"mat_disable_lightwarp" "1"
"mat_disable_ps_patch" "1"
"mat_excludetextures" "1"
"mat_envmaptgasize" "0"
"mat_fastspecular" "1"
"mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize" "0"
"mat_hdr_enabled" "0"
"mat_hdr_manual_tonemap_rate" "0"
"mat_hdr_level" "0"
"mat_mipmaptextures" "0"
"mat_lightmap_pfms" "0"
"mat_maxframelatency" "0"
"mat_max_worldmesh_vertices" "0"
"mat_shadowstate" "0"
"mat_show_ab_hdr" "0"
"mat_showlightmappage" "-1"
"mat_texture_limit" "-1"
"mat_use_compressed_hdr_textures" "1"
"mat_showenvmapmask" "0"
"mat_showlowresimage" "1"
"mat_filtertextures" "0"
"mat_filterlightmaps" "0"
"mat_showmaterials" "0"
"mat_showmaterialsverbose" "0"
"mat_supportflashlight" "0"
"mat_wateroverlaysize" "0"
"mat_softwarelighting" "0"
"mp_decals" "0"
"mat_hdr_level" "0"
"mat_colorcorrection" "0"
"sv_allow_color_correction" "1"
"mat_colcorrection_disableentities" "0"
"mat_colcorrection_forceentitiesclientside" "1"
"mat_motion_blur_enabled" "0"
"mat_clipz" "1"
"mat_diffuse" "0"
"fog_enable" "0"
"fog_override" "0"
"fog_enable_water_fog" "0"
"r_rainsimulate" "0"
"r_decals" "0"
"r_decal_cullsize" "0"
"r_shadows" "0"
"r_shadowmaxrendered" "0"
"r_shadowrendertotexture" "0"
"r_rootlod" "80"
"r_lod" "-1"
"r_waterforceexpensive" "0"
"r_waterforcereflectentities" "0"
"r_cheapwaterend" "1"
"r_cheapwaterstart" "1"
"r_physpropstaticlighting" "0"
"r_dopixelvisibility" "0"
"r_drawbatchdecals" "0"
"r_drawflecks" "0"
"r_drawmodeldecals" "0"
"r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymax" "1.5"
"r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymin" "0.01"
"r_drawspecificstaticprop" "0"
"r_eyeglintlodpixels" "0"
"r_eyemove" "1"
"r_flashlightrendermodels" "0"
"r_unloadlightmaps" "0"
"r_flashlightrenderworld" "0"
"r_forcewaterleaf" "1"
"r_lightaverage" "0"
"r_staticprop_lod "4"
"r_maxdlights" "0"
"r_maxmodeldecal" "0"
"r_maxnewsamples" "0"
"r_maxsampledist" "0"
"r_minnewsamples" "0"
"r_norefresh" "0"
"r_occlusion" "1"
"r_renderoverlayfragment" "1"
"r_ropetranslucent" "0"
"r_spray_lifetime" "0"
"r_staticpropinfo" "0"
"r_updaterefracttexture" "0"
"r_visualizeproplightcaching" "1"
"r_drawdetailprops" "0"
"r_ambientboost" "0"
"r_dynamic" "0"
"r_maxdlights" "0"
"r_lighting_level" "0"
"r_drawparticles" "0"
"r_drawflecks" "0"
"r_drawdecals" "0"
"r_3dsky" "0"
"r_propsmaxdist" "0"
"r_fastzreject" "1"
"r_worldlights" "0"
"r_decalstaticprops" "0"
"r_shadowlod" "0"
"r_ambientmin" "0"
"r_ambientfactor" "0"
"r_bloomtintg" "0"
"r_bloomtintb" "0"
"r_bloomtintexponent" "0"
"r_bloomtintr" "0"
"snd_async_fullyasync" "1"
"snd_enhance_stereo" "0
"snd_pitchquality" "0"
"snd_mix_async" "1"
"dsp_slow_cpu" "1"
"cl_threaded_bone_setup" "1"
"cl_threaded_client_leaf_system" "1"
"r_threaded_particles" "1"
"r_threaded_renderables" "1"
"r_queued_decals" "1"
"r_queued_post_processing" "1"
"r_queued_ropes" "1"
"mat_queue_mode" "2"
"studio_queue_mode" "1"
"host_thread_mode" "1"
"r_threaded_client_shadow_manager" "1"
"tf_particles_disable_weather" "1"
"cl_smooth" "0"
"cl_cloth_physics_mode" "0"
"cl_particle_limit" "0"
"cl_phys_props_enable" "0"
"cl_phys_props_max" "0"
"cl_new_impact_effects" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_physics_enable" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_collide" "0"
"cl_ragdoll_fade_time" "0"
"cl_drawshadowtexture" "0"
"cl_forcepreload" "1"
"sv_forcepreload" "1"
"cl_detaildist" "8"
"cl_detailfade" "4"
"fps_max" "66"
"DXLevel_V1" "80"
"VendorID" "4318"
"DeviceID" "4230"
"multicore" "1"
"npc_player_costume_quality" "0"
}

well who the fug are you. im the gm of itc

Dear lord, don't make me interested in a game just for the semen demons

I'm the co-founder. of ITC.

My concern with these is that you won't be able to see effects that you need to see, like boss attacks that come in the form of particles.

Also, estimations put her release sometime next week.

That is why I mentioned that it was ancient. An alternative method would be to use LOD bias but I can't remember a single thing about it.

bump

ok posting booty now

Vella is pure sex plus gameplay wise she was broken before I stop played, she could counter almost every attack last I remembered.

Shame nexon's published it.

They recently removed the Blade Heart cost on Cross Cut so you can keep the stacks. Devcat also put out some revamps for Fiona, Evie, Lann and Karok in terms of new ultra skills and general playstyle changes.

For Karok I expected him to have a drastic DPS boost just from having higher rank buffs from blasts, since I could easily outdps xgun Kais and occasionally a few Hurks by keeping my crits up at all times and spamming 4th smash as much as possible but holy hell is the difference even bigger.

Dealing way more damage than you originally expected? I haven't played Karok so I don't have any reference other than that video of him solo stomping the shit out of the Kraken.

Pre-revamp Karok was pretty OP if you developed a certain rhythm to fighting each boss in order to keep Destroyer active the entire time. Since the buff gave three guaranteed crits, you would use 4th smash but also try to get hit while weaving so you could refresh it before the third crit and by keeping crits up all the time you would also keep Terror Rush and Crushing Strike up at the same time. Since you are hitting with crits and capped ATT (since the Crushing Strike gave absurdly high ATT and Terror Rush gave high AS) you could compensate for the fact that 4th smash was weak relative to other classes and you could even outdps other classes because you could attack endlessly without having to dodge. On Juggernaut I managed to at one point outdps everyone on a guild run with equal gear despite having been AFK for three bars. And take into account increased guaranteed crits, ATT, AS and damage mitigation on Gigantic Strength, along with the rest of the buffs cestus got and you can see how OP that actually is. Haven't been playing S3 because my PC can no longer handle the game but there is no way I could see any class being able to bridge the gap without straight up damage buffs.

I had no idea what I was taking in since I haven't played Karok, your explanation did more for me. The video did let me know that Karok has a dempsey roll and I think that's pretty sick.

The new Karok also has fuckhuge damage for Big Bang Attack, which I find pretty hilarious due to the fact that I could easily one-shot people with Big Bang Attack after buffing myself with Gigantic Strength in Freematch pre-revamp.

bump

Evidently the south koreans aren't really happy with the Vella revamp, I'm not really certain why. I think she's pretty good.

Never played Vella past level 60 but I wouldn't really pay attention to the Koreans considering how shit taste they have

What's not to like about not having a cost to use Cross Cut anymore? Vella can indefinitely use Cross Cut and even builds up way more SP. I think they did pretty solid on her.

benis