Analytic """"""""""philosophy""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

historyguide.org/europe/present_age.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah Bertrand Russell was an autist and an anti-communist liberal, but how about Wittgenstein?, He was actually an "communist at heart".

To be fair, Russel was critical of capitalism as well.

Pic related, nigger.

user knows what he's talking about.

He liked Kierkegaard, but also spoke a lot of shit. Didn't really know what he was doing, but he was cute at least.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Not exactly something someone who supposedly revolutionised philosophy would need to bother saying. It's very shallow.

Who honestly believes this though?

That's the point my dude. He's a hack.

God so much of "Western" "academics" have such dog shit views on religion

It's pretty annoying that some intellectuals opinions on religion are just regurgitated Enlightenment ideology

he's right though

Has religion updated itself since the Enlightenment?

read Kierkegaard :^)

Have you read Schelling? Don't you know that Kierkegaard attended late Schelling's lectures in 1842?

No, as a matter of fact I haven't. But what does Schelling have to do with this?

m8, every philo department I've seen is either dominated by analytics or is in an inner turmoil thanks to the "continental rebels"

This. Never study philosophy at uni in the Anglo-American sphere unless you are a square.

when the stemfag tries into humanities

Massively. Religion would hardly be recognizable to a person from the Enlightenment Era anymore. Just look at the Christians. Now their God has been stripped of all of the traits that modern society frowns upon (jealousy, anger, vengefulness, apathy towards human life, and even his judgemental nature) and made into an amorphous conglomerate of things that we all like and stowed conveniently into the scientific gaps. They declare that most of their holy book does not count anymore. They no longer try to raise armies of the righteous. They completely ignore the passages prohibiting the accumulation of wealth and declare with no sense of irony that God wants them to be prosperous.

It is not just the Christians either. Every religion has been completely overhauled to bring it in line with the current capitalist reality. The quintessential example of the modern form of religion is the faithful individual who believes in a God that is just whatever he wants it to be, who demands nothing of him, and who hides away in the heavenly realm of theoretical physics. It provides faith and purpose without any of the inconveniences of religion. It is the perfect capitalist belief system.

daily reminder
historyguide.org/europe/present_age.html

Gee, thanks.

it's called the present age for a reason, famalam

He's right though.Cucktinental philosophy are bullshit myths that are immensely unreadable.Analytical philosophy just makes more sense.

Femanon please I like you and don't want to fall out with you stop triggering me.

Where then? Do I go to glorious Nippon?

Come to glorious leader Kim Jong Un's republic of democratic great brilliant excellent best Korea of the people!

Wow, where do all these apologists come from? Fuck off with your spooks. Religion is the opium of the people.

France and Germany probably?

This place in particular seems to have had (still has Badiou) among its faculty top tier people including Lacan, Deleuze, Guattari, Lyotard. I imagine it's still one of the best places to go but nowhere near what it might have been 40 years ago.

Actually, Islam is anti-imperialist and Christianity is anti-liberal. Both are good.

He's right tbh

Great post

I just thought it was ironic because the work from which that phrase originates shows how simplistic that position is.

So you are actually that stupid enough that you will deliberately ignore the atrocities committed by both faiths, because you are autistic enough to think that one is "anti imperialist" despite it's history of invading nations and the other is "anti liberal"?

I think you are extremely stupid and a teenager that's rebelling against their parents.

If religion has been rendered meaningless due to capitalism, then it's a good think that capitalism has accomplished.
At least that's one enemy defeated.

Wew!

This.

Even though this is true mostly for the anglo-american sphere, there is still many departments that give a good range of both.