Thank God we're back...

Thank God we're back. We can now talk about Resident Evil and how they have ruined it by turning it into another hide n' seek game for the livestream audience… probably.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8605fY1m5gY
youtube.com/watch?v=iGiw8yfX4JA
twitch.tv/directory/game/Resident Evil
youtube.com/watch?v=Jjoq7snv24I&feature=youtu.be&t=3h22m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO KILL MYSELF

At least it looks like a horror game again

Also when the fuck is the demo supposed to come out? It's not out yet.

I dunno, 4 had nothing to do with the previous games and it was fine.

Cautiously optimistic.

From action game to youtube fodder? well, it kind of skipped one step now, Silent Hill went to shit before they tried to make a walking simulator for youtubers.

The trailer didn't look like a fucking Resident Evil game AND it's in fucking first person AND it's VR bait

people need to pull their heads out of their dicks and actually think about what capcom is doing. are they making LP fodder? maybe but maybe not.

re4 was drastically different from what came before it in the series. it would not have happened if they weren't willing to take resident evil in an unconventional direction, and it is considered by practically everyone to be a really good game.
now they're trying something new and people are pooping in their diapers.
re2 remake has already been confirmed, what more do you want?

like said, at least they're trying to make horror again

4 wasn't a walking simulator with jump scares that could be made by any other indie developer and has.

The only thing to hold out hope for now is that it somehow is much heavier on the gameplay than the trailer led us to believe and that ducking behind a box to fool a zombie isn't the main mechanic.

I guess 6 could count as that step? It's just crazy how what they took away from the remakes sales and Revelations is that we would want a fucking generic walking sim.

What? Wait, that was a trailer. I didn't see any gameplay.

Is it actually becoming VR shit?

They said the game would be "100% playable" with PS VR

RE6 was a mess that tried to please everyone and doing the opposite, but it was more or less the same stuff, kind of like Revelations which only marginally did "horror" better.

Silent Hill relied on its lore which was raped by Silent Hill Wiki-tier writers, then PT came about and I am grateful it was cancelled/turned into its own thing.

Fuck me sideways and call me Daisy.

What the fuck, why does everyone do this these days.

sorry man, it seems to be true. We just need the demo to confirm that it is as bad as the trailer leads us to believe.

agreed. I hate to say it, but I wasn't really that sad when PT got cancelled, though I love both Kojima and Del toro's work. The scariest thing about this game at the moment is that it carries the Resident Evil name.

Nigger, it has been ruined for years. Turning it into a silent hill rip off is objectively the best thing they could do.

???

I heard there you can download the demo now on the PSN Store. Is it true?

>RESIDENT EVIl

I'll make this nice and obvious for everyone who thinks like you do.

THE ISSUE IS NOT THAT THE GAME IS SLOW PACED AND FILLED WITH SPOOKS. THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT IS CHEAP AMNESIA/SLENDER YOUTUBE BAIT WITH SHOEHORNED IN VR GIMMICKS THAT WILL UNDOUBTEDLY MAKE IT PLAY LIKE SHIT

There, retard, nice and simple for you.

/thread/

>Implying Resident Evil was ever scary

I'm so tired of this meme. Outside of the atmosphere of the ReMake RE has never been terrifying. The fact that they're just making an Outlast clone and calling it RE.

You know you'd have a point if the RE7 trailer was scary

Also you'd have a point if the problem was lack of action and not being a third person shooter that Resident Evil is supposed to be

Are there any gameplay streams, i been f5 on twitch and i see nothing.

Resident Evil has been ruined for a decade or more.

This looks better than any of those games.

RE is fucking downright terrifying and depressive. I dont care what you think, walking towards that shack in the woods and finding all that crazy shit in there is till one of the best videogame experiences of my life.

Resident Evil was never good either. It has always been a dumbed down Alone in The Dark ripoff.

I'm sad. I love the more action oriented resident evil games. Hence why I look at this and I kind of think its kind of weird to see this. I mean, cool, its back too its roots. But I don't think this is really goi9ng back to its roots.
Plus, how can I think that this is scary when I know Jake mother fucking Muller, who is the son of a guy who channeled matrix and tried to destroy humanity in africa, is out somewhere in Arabia kung fu fighting these things and I'm not taking part in that. I WANT THAT! I'd be fine if it tried horror again but this isn't resident evil. I'm calling sales figures for this isn't going to be good. And I'll never get to see either another good resident evil horror game or a good resident evil action game.

I don't think it's out yet. Also I heard it PS+ only, and if that's the case then fuck them.

That's the ReMake, aka the only one with any good atmosphere and even then it's only scary in a few select moments.

why do people keep saying this?

what a retard

people on twitter say its out on the jp store.

Resident Evil was so much better at being Alone in the Dark than Alone in the Dark was that AitD started copying Resident Evil right back.

Hang on, I'll check

You said RE, i thought you meant the whole franchise.

Gone Home Reaident

because its trying to be scary again, rather than a QTE addled action shithouse.

I did. Outside of the ReMake it's never been scary. I'd rather it be fun then have them try to make it into PewDiePie bait.

Not even close, is not even a SH ripoff, maybe a PT ripoff, which wasn't a SH kind of game to begin with, is more like Amnesia.

Jump scares and first person horror is pretty cheap these days.

THIS

It was a suspenseful game and the "horror" part came with the limited resources and expectation, the problem has been diluting the "survival" part of survival horror.

AITD 1-3 is superior to RE as a survival horror series though.

And the only AITD game that copied RE's gameplay was The New Nightmare. But again, The first RE copied every single aspect of AITD's gameplay.

but it isn't scary

same, most people here would agree which has me curious who is actually defending this shit? Shit posters, or shills… granted we need to wait for the demo to confirm our suspicions, and personally… I really, REALLY hope we are wrong.

Roots in the sense it's trying to build tension. But…. resident evil 4 did that. With third person. And probably much better and with better pay off.

Just because RE went full action doesn't mean it went away from its core roots. The same design and the same principles apply to all games, its just that they evolved to have greater pay off. Sadly QTE's are implemented which kind of ruins it.

Yeah, except the part where it played like ass. There's a reason RE won the survival horror war and AitD started licking its boots.

doesn't matter if it succeeds or fails, the point is its trying to be scary. it indicates that capcom have some semblance of knowing what they're doing

but if they knew what they were doing it would be scary

There it is. PS+ only so they can go fuck themselves.

Honestly. this doesn't look very interesting to the least.

the key word is "semblance"

all i mean is that their head is in the right place and that's definitely not a bad thing.

So is it the first hour of the game or is it a PT like teaser that's title is Beginning Hour? I mean…is this what the whole game will be like? Are they just copying PT?

Not really. At least when RE4 wasn't scary the game was still fun. If this isn't scary then it has nothing, and the game is a piece of shit.

PSVR looked like shit but I'm hype for RE7

youtube.com/watch?v=8605fY1m5gY

You mean RE played like ass. Mikami actually copied controls and mechanics from a puzzle heavy game for his action game, the absolute madman.

The real fear of RE came from the limited ammo and small inventory space while also being trapped in a house with enemies that could take a good load of damage.

nice, thanks user… time to see what this is all about

So is it out on the american PSN store? I can't be assed to go check.

This. Isn't. Resident. Evil.

I'm turned off by the VR aspect, as well as the fact that it's a main game coming out next January. I do appreciate the fact that it actually wants to be a horror game, it looks to nail that well. But I was hoping that it wouldn't be another first person walking sim, the market is too crowded with it. I just hope it has some damn good puzzles if it won't deliver on combat.

They could have named this anything else and I wouldn't be able to link it to RE

At this point, what the fuck even IS Resident Evil?

Just a reminder that gameplay is sexist and too hard; gameplay must be eradicated in favor of "experiences" which require no skill or dedication.

Revelations 2 was like RE

so far it is horrible and exactly what we expected… boring as shit to boot, but we'll see.

REmake 2

Is that out?

You fight monsters with a gun, with varying degrees of scarce ammo.

gameplay is dead… gameplay doesn't have to be your goal? uh… sorry, each time someone says something like that I get deja vu.

They haven't announced anything since the initial release.

Thanks fam
noice
fudge, no third person.

It's a simple question, did the people who worked on RE1 go on to become famous for making a) horror games or b) action games?

Resident Evil was barely a horror game to begin with, it always had a strong emphasis on the action and that just became more obvious when it broke out of the classic survival horror style. REmake is the only game in the series that's a truly great horror game. When 4 and onwards started to more openly embrace the action aspect and reject the horror aspect I didn't care because that's the way it always was. I also didn't care because the series never particularly excited me.

Now it's looking to be a first-person horror game like every other fucking horror game made since 2009, and that's even worse, it's anti-RE. For the first minute of the trailer I was convinced it was going to be Kojima's take on Silent Hill and that would've been a nightmare too.

Yeah, I stashed like 1000 pistol rounds.

WHEN WILL IT BE OUT ON THE AMERICAN PSN?

Within reason. It's the idea, even if it's easy to break out of.

I honestly don't know anymore. Even the Revelations spinoffs aren't entirely RE.

I don't want to be too down on this RE but it just doesn't seem to have anything related to the old or the new games. I don't mind the fact if it were a reboot trying to undo the clusterfuck that is the current plotline.

no idea, but it looks like a waste of time. It's short, barely has any gameplay, and has no scares or atmosphere. I genuinely hope this gets cancelled at this point.

It looks like a shitty P.T. ripoff.

I've seen free indie horror games that do this kind of game better to be honest.

The actual survival horror game is Alone in The Dark. You only get like 20 shotgun rounds and even less revolver rounds in the whole game, and will the shotgun cartridges would get wet at some point. You have to rely on kitchen knife, or if you read the walkthrough there's a secret way to obtain a sword.

Worse, it's a shitty Outlast ripoff. PT at least had some direction and was slightly clever.

This would've been better

That doesn't happen in REmake unless you're playing on easy. And the pistol is a shit weapon that should stay in the item box as soon as you get the shotgun. Zombies are the only enemies you can kill with the pistol without taking damage but it's still a better idea to use the shotgun to decapitate them so they don't turn into a crimson head.

If you're not a faggot you can also play on hard which reduces the number of ammo/healing items in the game.

man, I've wanted this for years. You can actually see some of the ideas that were in this video in the Evil Within, though that game still wasn't terribly great.

At least we have REmake 2 coming out, though I suspect Capcom will ruin that too… unless we are lucky and they somehow expected 7 wouldn't be received well by long time fans and actually make REmake 2 right…. but this is capcom we are talking about.

Oh and RE3 easy mode is completely fucking retarded.

That was a fucking great trailer for setting the tone of the game

You're right: the tone being that the game is a piece of shit.

I played on normal mode. I still get plenty of ammo. On RE2, Leon's burst pistol and super shotgun are too overpowered. But again, it's an action game, the melee weapons are absolute shit, and some of the enemies are an ass to kill so it would make no sense to limit the number of ammunition in the game.

see

People comlained RE after 4 had too much action so they went and removed ALL OF IT for this one.

That being said this is a good thing. I would rather play this than another mindless third person shooter like 6 was.

They are also making the remake of 2 so all in all this is a good thing, don't see why you are all complaining as usual

Where's the gameplay? Is it a "wander around the house with a shitty FOV and through-the-lens camera effect" game?

Is it third person? First person? Survival horror? Walking simulator? Is it a Dark Corners of the Earth situation where the first hour is an awesome creepy atmosphere and the rest of the game is a generic shooter?

Pic unrelated, it will probably be the only good thing about this thread.

If this preview is what the game is like, it's a piece of shit.

Nice to see

Are they still going to the REmake 2 ?

I have to agree that RE2 and 3 are action games but I still think that REmake was closer to survival.

I hope that REmake 2 is going to be more like REmake than RE2.

it's really not even fair to compare it to that. At least Outlast had enemies and an alright movement system. Also some unique stuff with the camera.

hope so, I'm surprised they haven't shown anything for it yet.

Maybe.

They should've done it like Alone in The Dark 2.

The combat is clunky, ammunition is really scarce, and using melee weapons is very risky, but there are other ways to kill most of the powerful enemies by making use of unique items and the environment in the game, like in Die Hard movie.

RE doesn't have anything this. Survival horror games should have a way to avoid combat by using puzzles and exploiting environmental hazards.

wouldn't be surprised, and after this E3 I really don't think I'd care. It's amazing how you can go in expecting pure shit yet developers can still find a way to break your heart.

Either admit you grew out of horror games or kill yourself

That's an extremely subjective opinion.

Either admit you got into the genre post-Amnesia or admit you got into the genre post-Amnesia

We're not bitching because it's horror, we're bitching because it's shit.

I can't tell if you guys are shitposters or shills. It's practically a point and click adventure game at this point… like a dumbed down Scratches.

?

which would mean kind of underage I assume?

Hate that shit

Shut the fuck up you corporate cock sucking shill.

I just want a good survival horror game from Capcom named Resident Evil.

Is that so much to ask ?

In fact, I just want a good survival horror in general.
I'm still pissed about not getting the new Silent Hill game, and now this…..

It literally looks like its going to be a walking simulator with "spooky" jump scares interspersed throughout the game.

Guess I just have to stick to emulating the classics….

Jesus Christ.

So, please, tell me
What do you want out of Resident Evil?

What the fuck does this even mean

Reported.

That's the implication

Although I guess it's possible that a full-grown adult waited until a few years ago to get into horror with its new wave of popularity, but even then would be expected to know some history about the genre and not have only played the kind of first-person gameplay-starved games that are popular now

I'm not hearing a lot of fucking GAME in that description

I'm also not seeing a lot of that description in that trailer

I can't wait to play this in VR
suck it faggot nerds

I have never been so mad in all my life tbh lads

At least this has made me appreciate 6 more which I never thought would happen.

That is exactly what PT was and what Silent Hills was leading out to be.

and I tip my fedora to you

Then guess what
RE6 is more for you.

CAPCOM PRESS RELEASE

June 13, 2016 – At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil™ series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation®VR mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017.

Set in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil® 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective. The Resident Evil® 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo, also announced today, portrays events leading up to the main game and ties directly into the impactful PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo first shown at E3 2015. In the new teaser demo, the player awakens inside a dilapidated cottage on an ominous plantation mansion. Can they make it out alive?

Resident Evil 7 embodies the series’ signature gameplay elements of exploration and tense atmosphere that first coined “survival horror” some twenty years ago; meanwhile, a complete refresh of gameplay systems simultaneously propels the survival horror experience to the next level. Terrifying fans at events across the globe last year, the PlayStation VR “KITCHEN” tech demo was developed utilizing the RE Engine’s VR oriented tools, and is the foundation on which the talented Resident Evil team has crafted the immersive horror experience in Resident Evil 7. Powered by the RE Engine in tandem with industry leading audio and visual technologies, Resident Evil 7 is poised to deliver a disturbingly realistic experience that will define the next era in horror entertainment.

PlayStation®Plus subscribers can now download the standalone teaser demo for PlayStation 4 called Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour and will have first access before it is available on other platforms at a later date. Players can get a taste of what they can expect from Resident Evil 7 with a sampling of the nail-biting exploration and terrifying atmosphere the game will offer when it releases early next year. Attendees of E3 will be able to try out a demo on either PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR at the Capcom booth in South Hall #2023 or try the PlayStation VR demo at the Sony booth in West Hall #4522 and #4144.

I was about to say, Slender has more gameplay that keeps you actively engaged than this. If this is anything, it's a dumbed down version of PT with worse graphics and atmosphere… as well as worse scripted "scares".

basically REmake done on a grander scale. I think that's what just about every Resident Evil fan wants if they aren't the action heavy type. It's why the re-release of REmake and 0 did so well.

It's fucking terrible! Nothing happens in the demo. Nothing! Not a single scare, or anything creepy, nothing at all. It's a walking sim.

Outlast was better. Fucking Outlast!

If it's going to be an FPS game, can it be at least remotely resemble Condemned?

You are a fucking idiot.

Remember when Condemned was trying to be corny with those mannequins everywhere? Weren't those so spooky in this RE7 trailer?

they forgot the item management and combat… those were just as big as the exploration and tense atmosphere.

They are genuinely giving us less at this point.

Sorry, didn't realize I was talking to an autist that doesn't understand analogies.

Bitching about being too actiony does not make complaints about being "too horror" invalid. It's supposed to be a balance, where you have a limited ability to fight. The horror doesn't come from jump scares like this trailer seems to imply, but from slowly dwindling ammo leaving you less and less prepared as the game progresses. This game looks nothing like "a return to its roots," but like an Amnesia or Outlast clone.

If I wanted to play Outlast i'd fucking play Outlast

So what is it user? is it cool to be a nerd or not?

I think I'm just going to download REmake and maybe RE4 tonight and be done with this nonsense all together. I don't think there has ever been a clearer sign that Resident Evil is as dead as it can get than this… no pun intended.

I also never played the Outbreak games. Are those any good single player wise?

Come to think of it I never played that RE0 remaster since it came out half a year ago

do it user, play that game and end your night with fun rather than the bad thoughts of RE7

i didnt know that about PT.
i had just assumed that with kojima at the helm it would be decent.

i dont think i have played a new survival horror game in forever, im thirsty for one.

also, ……………………………………………………. :^)

i actually just redownloaded the REmake, before even hearing about any of this

Is that it? Is it possible to make any demo even more barren and boring?

I didn't mind the new game one bit. Sure, it's weird that they went with the first-person shit, but I don't know. We'll see.

If you guys aren't bad, you should try beating REmake with Chris on Real Survival mode. This is how you know if you're actually good at this game.

How many slots does that nigger have? Six? That's why I pick Jill always. That and boobs.

Yeah. Only six slots. And you have no lockpick so you gotta use keys.

holy fuck dude, calm that autism

b-b-b-b-b-but I don't have to be good at games to enjoy them! le git-gud culture needs to die!!

And he doesn't have the lock pick so you have to fill his inventory even more by picking up small keys.

It's the ultimate RE challenge. Especially in Real Survival because item boxes aren't linked, the game is on hard and auto aim is off. It's a fucking nightmare and shows if you're good at the game or not.

Here we have a 16 year old who played Five Nights at Cuckies and watch a youtuber LP Slender Man and thinks he knows what a horror game is

But the tube top is a costume in REmake which has been re-released in HD.

wow.

i got that shitty dike looking outfit and got unmotivated to do it again

ITT:underage faggot that never played RE survivor

If this was a light gun game I wouldn't be bitching.

What the hell is this crap?

Who actually is making this game?

Feels good

I usually don't give a fuck about achievements but this game is an exception.

It could be played with a guncon. I got it on release without realising that it was a lightgun game but you could still finish it using d-pad aiming.

hey guys, guess what, the japs are already playing the demo-teaser-thing mentioned earlier in this thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=iGiw8yfX4JA

I still haven't gotten around to playing 0 yet

Nice trips btw Satan

You can play it with a controller underage fag

Yeah we watched. It was awful.

This and this is what RE4 managed to hold onto. For the first playthrough anyway. You could aim better, there was more action, but you're supplies were still limited, you scrounged for pistol ammo, you have limited space to store things and if you sucked at aiming you were going to have a hard time with it.

Worse, absolutely worse than all that is head hits sometimes made enemies even worse. It was a tense experience from start to finish that properly translated the atmosphere and features of RE into an action formula.

Then it was abandoned with RE5 and 6 was just shit.

What? I thought you were bitching at us because we couldn't handle a first person RE or something and I said if the game was light-gun game and not Amnesia knockoff shit I wouldn't be bitching.

Leon mission got the old RE feeling though with you fighting zombie instead of whatever nuzombie they came up with.

It had that feeling until the end of the subway, once you reach the city it felt like RE5 until the end.

I am very conflicted about this.

On one hand, they're trying something different for the series.

On the other, this looks like a lot of other games.

so far it looks worse than a lot of other games.

Someone found an axe.

What makes me sad is that the shift in perspective and use of VR could actually do great things for RE, but only if it doesn't become a fairly linear series of heavily scripted jump scares and music stings, which is probably exactly what it will be since they want to fit in with the new crowd.

Do you actually SWING the axe or is it press square to interact?

He was swinging it. Was breaking boxes open and some of the mannequins.

i'm okay with this.

VR survival horror game? Who cares that it's going to be on lets play. That seems like a good idea.

Stop being such an autistic faggot because people you don't like enjoy something you would if they didn't.

Well that's something I guess.

Do any of the RE characters appear or get mentions in the demo?

Nope. Closest we get is a photograph of an Umbrella helicopter.

Trust me, you'll see some ridiculous shit come the end of the game, it will be just like Resident Evil 1-3/CV but in 1st Person.

Dad works at capcom huh?

There's just no way that they would be able to get away from their typical over the top shit. Capcom just doesn't play that way, see Umbrella Corps for example.

I'd rather have a horror walking simulator over another RE6

Who knows if this thing can be won.

Why does RE need ghosts? The biggest problem with the hookman shit that everyone always jizzes over is because it's too supernatural for RE. The RE3 creator who worked on it even admitted that they had just played Silent Hill and wanted to copy it.

I know Resident Evil 4-6 get a lot of shit as Resident Evil games, but at least you can almost tell they are Resident Evil games. You can't even see the fucking character now!

I fucking called Blair Witch Project when he suddenly went missing. Jesus, you're transparent Capcom.

So I decided to play REmake after the disappointment, but I've got a small question.

Does anyone else have the a light frame skip on occasion when the camera changes on the PC version? It doesn't happen every time, it's actually pretty rare and it often only happens once for that new camera angle then doesn't happen again. I don't know if this is normal or something with my computer.

Gentlemen, may we bow our heads in remembrance of that sweet sweet RE ass that looks to be nonexistent in this abomination.

They could've at least made it like that one Ghost version that lead up to RE4.

Screaming women are not scary. fail game

It's just wrong.

Ill be the only person to actually say this:

Umbrella games are better than these games now. Id rather play as the people who have to wade through hordes of zombies their employer made than dick around in a house like a sequal to "quarantine".

RE1, REMAKE and RE0 scared me.

And those were my favorites

2 had a few good jump scares, and the whole Tyrant following me around in 3 was kinda intense.

LETS MAKE RESIDENT EVIL HORROR AGAIN

I don't care if it wants to be PT, if it has limited ammo, and forces me to run away a lot I'm ok with it.

And atmosphere.
And dogs.
And puzzles.

Accidentally learning about Flash grenades ruined that for me.

Fuck RE7; on release day, I'm gonna replay the Mansion of Madness in Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Has anyone found out how to fuck with the models in PC releases of RE beyond RE4?

we fear now

What the fuck is this even?

Is user playing a demo or something?

twitch.tv/directory/game/Resident Evil

People streaming it under that title.
I'm going to sleep.

This is so lame

Question, when it comes down to it, after you've thought long and hard about them, weighing the good and bad and not taking personal bias against the people behind them…is this worse than DmC?

I've never been into DMC so I can't compare but this definitely feels like a "FUCK YOU! You're not our audience anymore and anyone who disagrees is just a baby who doesn't like change"

The Japanese guy we were watching must have FUCKING SUCKED because we never saw any of this shit.

Again that buzzword. It's just GRAPHICS, they hired an artist to draw the game scary.

The graphics were very pretty for the time, but you're a complete retard if you think that's all atmosphere is. The game had extremely creative camera angles, excellent sound design and new tweaks to the old mansion that were designed to throw you off your guard.

Wew lad

It had a strong emphasis on puzzles. You obviously didn't play the games.

RE4fags that think RE is a third person action shooter franchise are the worst fucking cancer and should fucking off themselves.

They're like NuDoom faggots that think Doom is supposed to be Halo with demons, except that while most of people on Holla Forums (and 4chan, I hope) know that's bullshit and they are rightfully scorned, RE4 released in 2005, which means a lot of faggots here started playing games around that time, and RE4 was probably the first decent action game (or just game) they ever played.

For anyone who thinks RE was not supposed to be scary, go play RE3 with Nemesis hot on your ass.

That said this looks kinda shit, the atmosphere might be more or less right (I assume there will be other environments than that rickety house), but it seems there are no weapons, which just makes it an Outlast/Amnesia/Whatever clone.

I am concerned because it is first person, because it is going to be balanced for VR, because it appears to take cues from poorly-made PC horror games, and because of what wasn't shown. There were no gunshots and no fighting. Additionally, the enemies do not seem to be mindless biological experiments. This may be a reboot with a number on the end of it. I was assuming 7 would be generic garbage in the first place, but now I'm left wondering what kind of garbage it will be. I still hold a bit of optimism for RE2make.

I think it's bad music, but is it actually pop? I don't recognize it. Reminds me of the Gayrights Souls 3 trailer anyways.

There's a reason a good budget almost never creates a scary game. Because it's not just graphics, like you're trying to say.

Nice strawman faggot.

I'm glad that Capcom fucked up RE7 so RE puritans could be butt blasted super hard.

Both iterations of RE are great with RE4 properly consolidating the horror elements and unintentional ultra camp of the earlier titles while also just being excellent in it's own right. Although REmake got the original formula they wanted with the first 3 actually right.

But Nemesis was basically just Mr. X again. Different look and different moves, sure, but honestly I don't know why so many people treat him like he was novel. They added more encounters for him, but it still was taking the basic idea of Mr. X and saying "what if we just do more of this?"

This

He appeared so often that it became an annoying expectation rather than anything scary.

Nemesis stalked you, you couldn't rest easy by just moving to another area. Mr. X was this scripted strong enemy that dropped in on you in scenario B. Nothing to shout about and only served as different encounters for what was technically playing through the same game again.

RE2 was an action game.

RE has always been action over horror, whoever started the "muh horror" meme is a dumbass.

I hate to break it to you bit Nemesis was pretty scripted too. Most of his perceived tenaciousness was smoke and mirrors.

Oh, you must mean Shinji Mikami.

And what makes you say that? Can you explain further or provide examples why that may be so?

Yes but his point is that it felt more than that. Like you said, the smoke and mirrors went a long way back then and it made you terrified.

RE2 was the entire series apparently.

Why does everyone forget he made RE4 too?

My point was that he once made horror games.

I'd argue he made one.

The death throes of Capcom.

What ever happened to Deep Down?

Is Sony funding RE7?

Did they decide to make it just a VR demo for the Youtube scream queens?

He had a lot to do with it but it wasn't his entire creation and seeing as the sequels were just as good if not better (up until 4) it's clear he isn't the mastermind behind its success. The basic formula was what kept it going, 4 fucked with the formula and its been effectively in limbo ever since.

action-
RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE6, Umbrella Chronicles, ORC, Outbreak, Survivor, Code Veronica, Revelations.

"horror"-
RE1, RE0.

I meant what makes them action games?

The primary gameplay element is shootan.

You seem to be confusing horror with atmosphere. RE2 and beyond just had less of it rather than be absent.

Fuck, wrong thread

Seems like there will still be fighting in it since Aim Assist is in the options, this is just the series taking a hard swing towards horror like how RE4 was the beginning of the hard swing towards action.

Reception to the demo seems pretty good too, there's multiple ways to complete it and the atmosphere is great. Can't wait for people literally pissing themselves when they play on VR.

Considering how people reacted to PT is not an accomplishment.

Well unlike PT the puzzles aren't some crazy vague meta shit which makes a big difference.

Your post is inconsistent with these videos.

Well, that's a good point.

Only PS4 or everywhere?

VR is a meme like 3D.

It'll never catch on.

Maybe is console debut exclusive on PS4

Wew I hate that timed shit

I'm not really sure what they had left to do with the old format, though. I think it was wearing thin, anyways. Obviously, more of it would be preferable to boulder punching. The RE4 formula got stale faster, and it was also made worse with each new game.

RE5 was fine. It's annoying that they killed off Wesker though.

So, how many streamers are going to break their PSVR when they trip and fall on an HDMI cable after a jump scare, pulling their PS4 off the shelf and destroying shit?

I have seen some retards, but retards this retarded is something to behold.

fuck you too

PS4's first E3 was plagued with that stupid sentence, I wish I could provide a video of that.

Don't worry,i remember the PS4 first E3,they announced so much shit that still has yet to release or was timed/"exclusive on Pc"

There's no way this game won't have combat and the other usual RE shit.

Ya sure this isn't a a "Trailer Game" for what is eventually the game itself?

I hope so because I would've taken everything except a walking sim for RE7.

This is quite true. An RE dating sim would be better. Even stupid shit like fishing sims and cooking sims would be good for a laugh. A walking sim is actually the worst idea.

They is a fishing Resident Evil Game.

its Resident evil 4

Well Resident Evil 7 might not even be its official name. It could end up being a spin-off like the Umbrella stuff.

Its Called Resident 7 Beginning Hour. I think its like that on Arkham Knight Holloween spin off where you experience ground zero through the eyes of a normal person

Well one thing , I can't fault is that RE series always had good girls (aside of Revelations manjaw dilogy)

You can clear most RE games primarily using a knife

Japs got the demo early, you got an axe later on

Where is footage of someone fighting an enemy?

Only PS+ members can play it

FUCK YOU CAPCOM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just google it dude, or watch some stream or something.

You're asking too much question that nobody know the answer for. Fuck, it just like PT demo.

My real question is if anyone has even seen combat. I'm not going to look for it; I don't particulaly care.

Then why do you even asked, dumbass.

And yes, I also care enough to post 2 more times

Looks a hell of a lot more interesting than anything they've done with the series since 4. I just hope it features some combat and isn't another Amnesia clone.

Well an axe is not quite the same as the arsenals you got in 1-3 but that's way better than Outlast: RE Edition.

See

Every
Fucking
Time

How fucking hard is it to throw in HUD-less game play for the ultimate immershun?
No cross-hairs. Iron sights only.
No on-screen ammo count. You remember how many bullets your gun holds, and if you forget you have a button that releases the magazine and holds it up to your face so you can count how many bullets you have remaining, or whatever.
No on-health ammo count. You gauge how healthy you are by audio and visual feedback from your character, such as heavy breathing, blurry vision, bloody character model, etc.

RE is a Zombie game not a Horror game.

100% fucking retard confirmed. That is not realistic. It's not immersive.

Do you know why things like health bars exist? Because games only work with two senses: sound and sight.

Tell me, let's say you get hurt for some reason. How do you tell that you're in a bad shape? Do you limp around and see how much you're limping? No, you don't, because you fucking feel pain. You know what video games don't allow you to do? Feel physical pain.

Only gigantic fucking retards think that immersion means stripping the player of every sense but sight and sound.

No shit, dummy. It's a video game.

Ooh what ya said
Ooh that you only meant well because you're dead.

I'm surprised for how it looks it runs at 60 fps.

I think it's that RE is so popular a series that whatever it does, people will love it and hate it. You have people who adore Resident Evil 6, people who hate RE4 and you have people who are excited about about RE7's approach.
No matter what Capcom do, they're gonna get shat on and they're gonna roll in the dough.

resident evil was never good

Looks to be interesting if there is combat like what is showing. First fixed camera, then third person, now first person. I'll give it a couple more days when everything the demo offers has been shown.

Nice try, satan

Every fucking game must be an action game then.

Revelations 2 had a positive reception and most opinions on Holla Forums around it are positive. They fucked up by making it a VR gimmick game rather than Resident Evil.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jjoq7snv24I&feature=youtu.be&t=3h22m40s

Game wil be fully in first-person.
Complete new engine.
New Characters.
Entire game VR compatible.

is really that difficult?
if you cant find a new formula for the game go back to the prerendered screen with fixed camera

Well, there's the real reason why its going first-person.

the difference was that capcom at the time was a good company and put some effort behind its games while capcom now is nothing but the happy merchant company.
so yeah, i not exiceted to see them rip off amneasia

VR will never be good before we can properly simulate vision, sound, touch and pain.

Or they could just go back to RE4's over the shoulder camera angle and not shower you in ammo and healing items.

So he said you're playing as a new character that's basically "you". I hope other usual ones will appear though, at some point.

I'm downloading the demo now.

I said it was a simple question, not simple enough for you apparently.

Is it possible to hit the guy with the axe after you watch the tape?

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now aren't we?

So, it is P.T. : Resident Evil [VR edition]™
Trashed.

Wow, it's fucking nothing. Way to jump to conclusions and assume things from a teaser. You know what all you can derive from this video?

"Hey guys, we're making Biohazard 7."

That's it. THAT IS FUCKING ALL that this video shows. This is not a trailer, this is just an announcement that Biohazard 7 is in the works.

And then they showed a full hour of gameplay on stream after this and it's exactly what you'd expect from the teaser.

Shocked that RE7 already has a defense force

There's a demo lmao

Deprogramming a drone takes time. This is HR Giger's aliens, giving a blowjob in particular.

Is it the eerie atmosphere SURROUNDING the picture, that makes it morbid? Is it the slow building of dread, or the masterful suspense? No, the guy is just a good artist.

REmake had the mansion re-rendered by very good artists, who made it scary. There's no need for any other buzzword. It's just good art: what you flail around instead, is meaningless marketing.

Contrarian hipsters please fuck off.
Capcom gave you exactly what you demanded from them, a horror game.

Please go back to your own thread

This semantic discussion is fucking stupid. The game was atmospheric because of strong art that would be impossible to display on weaker hardware and because of game design elements that worked against the player's psyche. Do we agree?

Suck my dick bitch.

eeyeah

RE2 was pants shittingly terrifying when it came out.

Anyone who says otherwise is likely underage.

Capcom defense force already on call.

No one asked for a First Person Shitter.

Or alternatively, they are so old that they weren't underage when RE2 came out.

Nope. No matter how old you were RE2 would have scared you at the time, and if not 2 then certainly 3.

At the time the graphics were cutting edge and immersive.

Or I just couldn't feel scared by the bright pastels? I don't find zombies that scary. Never did. And unlike the REmake all RE2 had were occasional jump scares.

Bullshit.

My Dad played it when it came out and I can confirm that this is not true.

Ha no

Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about.

And no matter what you say at this point I'm convinced you're underage.

And sound design
And the mechanics

Of course you are, because that's the only way you can live with your tiny view of the world.

I played RE2 when it came out. I already liked RE1. It was a good game. It made several interesting improvements to the series. I like the A and B storyline differences for replayability, I liked a lot of the new enemy designs and I liked upgrading weapons with parts, meager as that system was. It still wasn't scary. A licker jumping through a one-way mirror may make you jump, but that isn't what "scary" is.

None of the environments made me feel anywhere near the creeping terror of the mansion. Right at the start it was clear RE was going for more. More zombies, more bullets, more guns. More may make something more interesting, but it was the minimalism of RE1 that made it scary.

*RE2

I don't know user.
While you're probably right in assuming that it'll just be another indie-tier spoopy game, there is a chance of it turning out to be a decent horror game.

Yeah.

Well okay, but just because it wasn't scary to you doesn't mean it wasn't scary, it simply means you weren't scared by it.

Would you like a medal?

Then what does it mean?

What part of
Did you not understand?

Fear is relative. There are people terrified of spiders and mice, hell there are people terrified of fucking doors.

I'd still argue that RE3 specifically is objectively scary.

It has game mechanics designed to leave you in a state of terror; it's objectively scary.

But no matter what all fear is subjective. Fucking duh.

What happened to "RE2 was pants shittingly terrifying when it came out" and "No matter how old you were RE2 would have scared you at the time"? Now that it's obvious you hold the minority opinion, you're trying to say it's all subjective?

I wasn't scared by it. Occasionally tense, sure. Especially my first times through when I didn't know how it ticked yet. But I've been tense making difficult jumps in Mario before.

No, retard, all I'm saying is the simple truth that all fear is subjective.

Also who gives a shit about "majority opinions"?

Just because there are more than one of you "SUPER TOUGH AND BAD ASS" "I wasn't scared by RE when it came out" fags doesn't mean shit.

Like I said; would you like a medal for not being scared of the scary game?

You're clearly very tough and we're all very impressed.

Okay. Well then it didn't scare specifically you.

Awesome. Good for you tough guy.

That doesn't mean it wasn't designed to be scary.

That's not what you were saying twenty minutes ago. Twenty minutes ago EVERYBODY was OBJECTIVELY scared by RE2 no matter what, or you were underage and didn't know what you were talking about.

More than one? It's everybody except you, from what I can see.

Why do you think there's some macho component to this? Everyone who isn't scared by it is a "tough guy" or "bad ass"? Maybe the mechanics just don't do as well to foster dread in the player as compared to a game like Silent Hill.

Just give up.

Mechanically is the only area I'd rank RE slightly above SH, at least from a survival aspect. Less generous with ammunition, limited inventory space, limited number of saves possible, it sold the tension on those ideas. SH did it more with artistic elements.

Not like the survival mechanics were totally absent from SH, but I do think early RE had better survival ideas going for it.

And? That doesn't mean shit.

Your appeals to popularity are hilariously pathetic.

You're clearly too autistic for me to bother continuing this conversation as you're too hung up on minor statements to actually debate the point.

Keep assuming the whole world agrees with you like an autist, and that no one at all ever was scared by Resident Evil.

Because I can't see any other reason that someone would be so proud they weren't scared by a game that was designed to scare you.

It's like playing a story-heavy game and skipping all the cutscenes: Not something one should be proud of and it basically means you missed the point of the game.

I feel it all boils down to this childish "I don't get scared so easy because I'm TOUGH!" mentality.

The same sort of people who brag about not being scared in a haunted house. It's like: congrats, you missed the whole point. Why didn't you just stay home?

There is no ego involved. You said that the game scared everyone and we are saying that you are wrong.

Okay.

I'll give up debating with you autists who get so fucking hung up on minor statements.

Honestly, you just can't debate that fear is subjective and that a lot of people have been scared by Resident Evil 2 & 3 over the years, so you just keep greentexting my old statements over and over again.

Honestly pathetic.

I do give up though. This is clearly going no where.

Stay autistic convinced that Resident Evil was never scary though.

lol you format your posts like a Redditor

SO has anyone solved the ghosts yet? Im watching some dude try and so far it all seems like audio que triggers

Funny because I've never been on leddit once in my life.

Nice attack though, cuck.

You tried to claim it was objective and got btfo. It seems there aren't a lot of people here that were scared by those RE games. I'm sure there were people who were, but it was far from universal.

This is the exact opposite of your original statement. I am not going to do a 180 like you did. Kill yourself.

You argue like a 12-year-old.

another redditor and his ass-backwards self-sabotaged argument bites the dust

You argue like a schizophrenic.

I thought you were leaving?

I don't think I can download the demo, I don't have a PS+ subscription.

I never said I was leaving.

Where did I say I was leaving?

Are you being autistic again and assuming shit?

Are you on some sort of medication that gives you short-term memory loss? This is honestly concerning.

I don't see anything about leaving.

I see me saying I'll stop debating the point of RE being scary because it was going no where thanks to high levels of autism.

Consider learning to read.

I don't know, I think that the effort of survival in SH was much more intense than in RE. I've only played the first SH, but it seemed significantly harder to scrounge together weapons and ammo. Hell it was hard enough to engage in combat when you did have the resources.

That said, the survival aspects of RE were more fun as were the games as a whole. They even did a pretty good job keeping the pressure on; being pursued by T-00 in RE2 is still creepy to me. It's just not the constant sense of "I'm utterly fucked" that SH gave.

Why the fuck are

you formatting your

posts like a plebbitor?

We're trying to have a thread here, would you mind making an effort to embarass yourself somewhere else?

Why the fuck are you autistically spazzing out over the way I format my posts? Did I trigger you that much?

Suck my dick, cuckold.

I appreciate the timely and well thought-out defenses you feel the need to give. You're sure winning friends and influencing people and not just making an ass of yourself onlinse.

How long ago? I think maybe back in the day I had a hard time surviving in SH1, after years of learning to save your bullets it's pretty forgiving. The later games even more so, SH3 gives you a katana and a submachine gun.

I do prefer SH, but given respect where it's due, RE does survival better.

I have a feeling this game is going to be seeing a lot of praise for "returning to the roots of horror" and a lot of RE fans are going to be left behind.

Yeah, because posting anonymously is all about winning friends and influencing people.

The fuck are you even on about?

Do you really think your retarded telling me to leave while insulting me is worthy of anything other than what I gave it?

As I said: Suck my dick while your wife takes a black cock.

What was the first video game/group of games that was actually capable of scaring people?

It has been a while, I plan to get through at least SH 2 at some point.

I share your predictions for this upcoming game, it looks like nothing I'd hope for in a new RE title.

As I said: embarassing display my angry friend.

Is that rhetorical? I think a lot of people would say it was Alone in the Dark, I didn't get scared by a game until SH1.

Not rhetorical. I'm not exactly sure when those games began existing, I jumped in at RE1.

I wasn't angry until you started acting like a cuck telling me to leave, making yourself the voice of the thread with your smug "We're trying to have a thread here".

Honestly if this were real life, I would leave, after beating the living fuck out of your no doubt scrawny cuckold ass.

But we both know you wouldn't act like such a smug prick in person. You're one of those 5ft little pussies who gets a big head when he gets behind a keyboard.

And on that note I'm leaving. Enjoy your shit thread full of autists.

It can at least be nailed down to an era, and RE was part of that era. 1995-2003, until the classic style of survival horror started to fizzle out.

WHY ARE THERE GHOSTS IN RE?

They want the pewdiepie audience.

We're never having a good Resident Evil game, i'm sure they'll find a way to fuck up REmake2, too. It's time to let go.

Has it been confirmed for a first-person walking sim, or are they just banking on P.T.'s success without realzing people only make a big deal out of the last cutscene with "a Hideo Kojima game" at the end of it?

Supposedly you can find weapons in the demo.

Speaking as someone who didn't play the RE games when they first came out, I find that what I've played of the older games is pretty scary-, or at the very least really tense. I mean they're not the scariest games ever made, but they can still be pretty nerve wracking at times in my opinion anyway.

Since they confirmed it for VR, it's almost certainly going to remain in first person in the final game.

As for the walking simulation, watch the demo footage for yourself, it looks interaction-starved.

bump on this

We're past the bump limit, but in case you see this before it drops off the catalog, bad performance and frame drops are pretty common on REmake's PC remaster, no matter what your machine is like. There should be quick fixes either on PCGamingWiki or in the Steam support forums.

All jills are good jills, you flamboyant homo.
And rebecca too.

Is Capcom going with the original idea that Resident Evil is about different places with some kind of "evil"? Like how Devil May Cry was supposed to be one of the franchise. Maybe it's just shit.