Xbox Scorpio

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/T9APj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This conference was really a way to kill xbone off.

I couldn't care less about consoles, but if you think about it they are probably the only thing keeping AMD afloat. They own the console market, without that I wonder if they would even be solvent. And when we lose AMD, Intel and Nvidia will get even worse.

This. AT this point there is no longer a reason to own an Xbone. Sony however better have a way to compete with Scorpio.

One S
As in slim
There's a space you missed

So basically they're claiming they're gonna jump from an unstable 20-60 fps 720p console to a 4K console that can do anything?

aight

It's called PC hardware, fam.

I'm curious about it though. I mean Sony has to say something about this. At least show a teaser of the Neo. They have to find some way to make Microsoft quake in their boots.

Its a wait and see if it'll be good. The thing is though, all of those games are still going to be available on the PC.

They don't need a new console. Developers are going to develop around the more popular ps4 specs. All sony has to do is investing in proper exclusives. All the upset xboners are going to follow.
Boy oh boy, microsoft shat out of the bowl.

all under only win10 too.

but that's not important for the goy-…gamers.

Still, it depends on what the Scorpio can really do

What I wonder about is what the target specs will be for developers. Will they still target XB1/PS4 30fps with shitty textures and assets? Or will the new target be the high-end? This matters because every AAA game releases with basically one set of assets that have been downscaled from what they had in development to run on the hardware they target. Witcher 3 would have been a very different looking game if it targeted Scorpio/Neo.

6 tflops gives a decent idea. It'll probably be a modern but budget-spec CPU and a modern but budget-spec GPU (i.e AMD, so the new 14nm 480, there is no way they are getting 6 TFLOPS without 14nm).

Xbox Scorpio confirmed for continuing Microsoft's invasive monitoring policies.

So game developers are going to be more inclined for Scorpio

Hahaha what the fuck, you cant make this shit up

It's not going to be 6 TFLOPS. Remember, these guys are completely cheap, and the Xbone had a 1.2 TFLOP GPU. At best, it'll be like 2 or something.

My father is a scorpio, I can confirm if they are going for the zodiac sign it will be a "doting parent", pretty good at both digital and pen&paper puzzle games and utterly shit any other kind of computer game.

Microsoft’s just copying Apple for the billionth time in its history

There was just a die shrink. Even a $100 14nm card would not be 2tflops.

The discrete version of the PS4/XB1 video card was a $150 one, I don't think it shocking that the Scorpio will have the integrated equivelant of the $200 480X.

People who are stupid enough to buy a console in current year are too stupid to understand what frame rate is or why the game feels weird. It's a gap in the understanding of the normalfag consumer slavebrain (why gam luk odd. why gam luk choppy.) that will not be filled until the kikes making this trash finally stretch it too far and release games that don't get double digit framerates at all, and Polygon has no choice but to spoonfeed them the concept.

Which is very likely to happen as the push for 4k resolution becomes the new marketing carrot dangled in front of the normalfag.

It doesn't really matter what scorpio can do if it doesn't sell, because nobody would buy those games (look at xbox done titles, they are a disaster in terms of sales). And it is not going to sell. Xbox users are really fucking upset. They saw an e3 that was all w10/xbox exclusives, and sony instead publishes real titles for ps4. normalfags are going to think "well i need a pc for everyday life anyway, and I get a ps4.5 too so i play all games". They are not going to waste money on an other worthless console with no games. No way.

Weren't steamboxes supposed to be a huge fucking thing by now, what happened to that?

Goddamit Holla Forums get your shit together don't force me to resort to actually playing a vidya

What the fuck with current gen life span? Xbone barely get any exclusive and now they are making a new console? I wonder its because Xbone can't keep up with PS4.

Wait
so the new xbone and new ps4
they're a hardware upgrade, so it's supposedly a new generation, right? so let's call them 'gen 9'
but they play the same games, and do the same shit, so it's the same generation by default. if we assume that's true, you might want to call it gen 8.5

but really, since all the "gen 8" consoles only play the same games from gen 7, that means the xbone and ps4 are actually the 7.5 generation

WE WERE NEVER IN A NEW GEN IN THE FIRST PLACE
WELCOME TO GEN 7.75

Project Scorpio is a new console as in game intended for scorpio isnt compatible with Xbone. PS4.5 is the new hardware revision (like PS2/3 slim) game for PS4.5 is still playable on current PS4

Dost that mean that this generation is the Endless 7?

Didn't they say all games playable on scorpio would be playable on xbone?

They did? I missed the conference and just read the news article about it, they only mention that Scorpio is backward compatible with xbone game. I got the impression the it was a new console

It's new hardware, same OS and platform. Same deal with PS 4.5.

What

Trillion Floating-point Operations Per Second

FLOPS = Floating Point Operations per Second

cores x clock speed x 2

example:

2560 cores @ 1Ghz.= 5.12 Tflops

this metric is ONLY useful for comparing cards from the same architecture.

I'd hate to be the devils advocate but the 360 S came out before the Iphone 4S

FLOPS, or floating point operations per seconds, is a way to determine the calculation speed of processors like GPUs and CPUs. The higher it is, the better it is. The "t" stands for tera.

So the number they were throwing around at the conference didn't mean anything?

Pretty sure it's meant to be the first Gen 9 console, with the main difference being that it's instantly compatible with Xbone titles by virtue of being basically nothing but a supercharged Xbone (and some Scorpio titles will likely make it to Xbone simply by lowering graphical quality much like high-end gaming PCs vs. mainstream toasters).

Either way I'd be livid right now if I was one of the poor fucks that fell for the Xbone meme.

Microsoft and Sony both downplayed additional time needed to develop for these new consoles. Do you think devs would want to develop for 4 console plus pc?

I think games are going to become even shorter because of this.

Its most likely they wont even bother making games for them unless of course they get a big sack of shekels thrown their way. Lets just hope this makes developers make more pc games

No new PS4 hardware was announced you idiot.

Nice dubs nigga

It even sounds like it should be a doomsday device.

Most game development no longer occurs at that low-level anymore. For example, Unity let's you select from a drop down list of systems to publish the game for, and it will build your project for that.

Of course, changes that require adding/removing content (such as VR support) will always necessitate developer intervention.

(Ironically, this same platform independence that people have spent hundreds of thousands of man-hours obtaining is what is making consoles obsolete).

Did they say anything about the cost? Maybe it'll be a $600 box in which case 6 tflops 1.5 years from now would be no problem. But paying that much for an xbone is just all sorts of why, especially with their play anywhere push.

What does that even mean?

It means nothing. It's a shitty marketing ploy. When your GPU spits out a digital video signal from a game, there is no fucking compression.

They mean it renders at 4k natively without up-scaling.

At least that's what I assume they meant

And they chose literally the most retarded buzzwordy way to "describe" that.

Consoles do HEAVY texture (de)compression, especially of normal maps, due to memory and bandwidth issues. It's what gave console games their characteristically shitty char model lighting.

Did Microsoft not release a price for the scorpio because of sony only for sony to pussy out of naming a price for the PS4 neo?

Uh yeah, like every other number you ever hear at any E3 conference ever.

It's coming out next year IIRC and there's no reason to announce a price as of yet until next E3.

The only reason why they actually announced it is to have Sony shit the bed because the rumored/leaked specs of the PSNeo are significantly weaker than the Scorpio and to draw up hype surrounding that very fact.

If we look at comparisons:
Neo uses an 8 core Jaguar CPU while the Scorpio is rumored to use an 8 core Zen CPU.

Neo is rumored to be at 4.1 TF with Scorpio being at 6.

Neo is using 8GB of DDR5 RAM at 215GB/s bandwidth while Scorpio has 320GB/s.

Sony didn't announce a price since they haven't even announced the actual specs. If the hardware rumors are true they're in deep water just like the XB1 was compared to the PS4.

It could end up being a complete turnaround in events where the PSNeo ends up being weaker and more expensive than the Scorpio. Only time will tell, but until then Microsoft has gotten what they wanted out of it.

6 teraflops of power

Im starting to like this spec wars again, but sadly is of no use if there's no games at all

Im starting to like this spec wars again, but sadly is of no use if there's no games at all

N3DS vs 3DS had huge differences. This might be a problem in the future.

Source needed, I know its true that Sony in making PS4.5 but they never official release the spec for it, and M$ already blow their load early so Sony can always go back to the drawing board and do changes since the console itself wont be ready till 2017

If I was a gambler I'd go all-in on saying the Scorpio will function akin to a steam machine or an alienware console.

It'll basically use the same versions of games as a PC would with graphics options and resolution settings while the xbone gets it's own version that's tailored exclusively for it.

I see Xbox in the future no longer being an actual console or a platform, but a service that spans multiple platforms between phones, PC and a home console. With this change in direction I'm willing to say that Microsoft will stop support on a single dedicated piece of hardware and instead go the Steam machine route and make various console options at different price points akin to what they have now.

Xbone is the equivalent to low-medium settings
Xbone S is the equivalent to medium with HDR support
Scorpio is the equivalent of high-ultra depending on resolution and framerate targeting.

It was leaked by documents from Sony. please use archive.is/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-sonys-plan-for-playstation-4k-neo-revealed

This isn't just something they're talking about making this is something they're already telling DEVELOPERS.

You cannot, CANNOT change an entire consoles architecture and hardware in the matter of 1 year. Especially when Sony is already going around telling developers what they should expect with the new console. It took 4 years for the 360, at least 4 for the Xbone, and it's taken another 4 years for the Scorpio.

Stuff like adding a better GPU or more ram would completely change how much room is available on the chip and would require a complete scrapping and re-production of the newer chips.

The best Sony can hope for is that:
A) They don't bundle the console with Morpheus ala Kinect 2.0 and end up making the same mistake MS did.
B) Pricing it at least $100 cheaper than Scorpio

archive.is/T9APj

Fixed link

So developers are going to continue just making PC games since that's what the PS4 is. A low powered PC. So developers are just going to change settings. Like a PC.

No normalfag buys consoles for exclusives. They buy for COD and FIFA. Never mind that console exclusives are anti-consumer cancer.

Developers already had devkits when Neo leaked and the leak was through a dev kit manual being passed on. They were well into production back then. AMD revealed the 2017 "Design win" was Scorpio and one of the 2016 design wins was Xbone S. The second 2016 "design win" was PS4 neo now we know Nintendo's using Nvidia fo NX. PS4 Neo's roadmap was also leaked that they would announce the console at TGS this year then launch in October, Apple style. Every game releasing after October 2016 requires a "Neo" mode. So it's coming this year.

Even the "insiders" on neofag said it was too late for Sony to change RAM from GDDR5 to GDDR5X and the only change they can potentially make is bumping the CPU from Jaguar to Puma. So it's far too late for Sony to "react" at this point when the product is being booked into manufacturing right now.