Elona

Does anyone still play Elona here?

Other urls found in this thread:

elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/Elona_Custom
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264
dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J
zincland.com/powder/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't booted it up in a while, but I love it.

Elona's fun, it reminds me of shitty BYOND games I'd play as a kid.

you are retarded

havent played since the servers went down

Sage is not a downvote.

I played when we had the last threads. I think I was getting gud at grinding but I get burnt out.

Counter sage

You would know reddit.

What should I catch with my level 10 monster ball?

Catch a gun and shoot yourself weeb

a bell, give it a machine gun and win the game

A life worth living.

A waifu

Oh u guize

Those assholes? I thought they were just for killing and eating.

I dont know who Iwanna marry yet. I do have a Yearles machinefu though.

Naw bells have one of the highest speed stats in the early game, and they have a ranged slot, so one of those with a machine gun can clear basically all of north tyris solo

The little girl works well enough as a waifu, she can even evolve into a better form later on. There are also the God pets some of which are waifu tier.

Same here. I love Elona, but I play on and off, and even less so since they removed the ability to see death messages of other players.

It's not like I l-like it or anything b-baka.

link to elona custom for newfags:
elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/Elona_Custom

Damn I should boot Elona up again. I think I had Elona+ installed somewhere and I was having fun with it; pretty comfy and nostalgic, as it kind of harkens back to games of the early 2000's and shit, at least to me. I've played a fair bit but I've never made it far at all, which kind of sucks. I gotta get better.

He's probably just some bantz poster who thinks yelling at other people is the funnest shit

Look at Pokemon and Smash Bros threads and how far they've fallen because of that behavior

Oh hey, thanks, user. That was just what I was looking for.

It's been almost a year. Thanks for reminding me.

How do you even catch one of those?

Has someone rigged an alternate message server?

Very fucking carefully. Can't poison them, cause that's almost a guaranteed death. If you're especially strong, knockout might work.

Why is magic so underpowered in this game?

In most roguelikes magic is top tier but hard to get, here its hard to get and absolute trash.

What makes you think it's under powered

I heard someone was going to soon on the forums but then didn't hear from them again

Shit damage that is outclassed by early game artifacts,practically no mana even on the most casting intensive classes and sky high failure rates even as a wizard on both books and casting.

Just grind more bro, don't forget to use wands and shit too

You have to grind to absurd levels for magic to be actually useful. I cleared North Tyris as a mage by using guns and using magic as utility and nothing else.

Monster Resistances don't come into play for magic to be actually useful and even then shit like magic bolts is so underpowered you'd have to spend your whole mana reserve to take down a single enemy in a game where you can be surrounded very easily.

elona custom 1.58 (more translations + improvements to mechanics)
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264

If you're still in early game, have you tried out the wet+lightning spell combo?

HEY just came to see if there was a thread here because I didn't even notice the update to 1.58.2 until today.

I miss Elochat

Can someone tell me what Elona is all about? I've been looking for a roguelike with actual graphics for years.

What does Elona have to offer in terms of story and world? And what about gameplay?

Can I be an armoured knight wizard dude who burns witches and fucks bitches?

And is it fun?

Its a mix between a roguelike and an open-world RPG.

Its pretty good in terms of what you can do compared to other roguelikes. You can farm and build a house and shit, in addition to the standard dungeon grindan fare.

People call it a nippy game trying to pretend its from the west, and thats a pretty good measure of the atmosphere.

What about story, does it have any?

Latest update added some sort of end-game dungeon, might have a story to go with it. I never paid attention to it though, so there's definitely a sense of progression.

Yeah but you'll probably ignore it like everyone else
It's basically a game where you can do anything and there's a reason to do everything.
Fucking bitches gets you more charisma
Opening a museum gives you more gold
Cooking gets you better food
Better food gives you more stats

There's a main quest with its own storyline, but it's only just getting fully translated because the dev took out some of the cutscenes and dialogue in the English version.

Sounds amazing, I heard about it before but I thought it was multiplayer and I like to cheat slightly in my roguelikes just so I won't get fucked over too easily.

When we die do we get a new character and have to restart or is there a progression system?

Nice meme

You choose, you can play easy mode where dying means you lose nothing, or hard mode where you get one life or medium mode where dying means you lose items and stats.

What's this about genes?

It means you can create a child character which can inherit your items.

Items and some stats + potentials between you two.

Also, your waifu gets some good.

Oh, a neat system

Waifus, you say. Are there some good ones? Like pure knightly waifus.

Valkyrie which evolves from the little girl you can get at the beginning of the game
Or any of the God Pets

Yes

>needing muh grafix in the first place

Fantastic, time to build a cathedral, found a bucket helmet knightly order and marry my pure waifu and save the world.

I should go with Elona custom, right?

Not muh grafix, just some cute sprites here and there, I don't ask for much.

And what is powder

Man, I wish these features come out soon. Right now we can only make a castle home and have a party of 12 knights.
You're right, go for Elona Custom. You know it's a mod of a mod right?

A mod of +, I assume

Exactly, so install + first

Should I hoard herbs until I get a blender? Or just scarf em down as I find them?

Hoard them, except maybe the worst one. You'll literally have billions of that herb.

and bumping is not an upvote
if you dislike weebshit and you do not thing weebshit is high quality content, the reasonable action would be to not post, and if you see an off-topic post worth replying to, to sage
the shitpost paired with the bump was retarded on multiple levels

download link where

Elona+ ver. 1.58
dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J

Check earlier posts for Elona Custom.

Small question, will I ever get boots for my character or will he always be barefoot?

How do you not have boots? Just buy some.

My warmage's sprite started barefoot, maybe it's because he's too much of a ponce.

Yes, you will get boots.
If you get enough money, buy some good seven-league boots, it'll make traveling a bit easier.

Cool. The etc. in the character creator, am I gonna be able to remove those items?
Or change the sprite ever?
Cause I gave my character an evil cape and a weird sword and it covers everything.

By the way, am I gonna be able to cleanse the land of elves/eulderna?

Scratch this, just found out the answer.

A classic roguelike. You should try it, it's not as in-depth as elona but still fun
zincland.com/powder/
Yes I play it with a tileset, I just don't understand the need for elaborate graphics in a genre where it's pretty much irrelevant. Elona is great though, DCSS is not my cup of tea

You can get a bomb to take out whole cities with, but you'll never be able to get rid of all Eulderna scum.