The Bourgeois Roots of Anarcho-Syndicalism

Really makes you think.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/feral-faun-essays#toc21

The social system of capital separates most people from the conditions of existence. This compels the vast majority to accept the mediations of work and commodity consumption in order to maintain a minimal existence at the expense of their lives, desires and dreams, of their individuality. The artificial economic scarcity imposed by capital leads to a competition that is often promoted in the United States as the basis of "individualism" in spite of the fact that it creates nearly identical mediocre existences in which life is subsumed in survival… If all individuals are indeed to be free to create their lives and relations as they desire, it is necessary to create a world in which equality of access to the means and conditions of existence is reality. This requires the total destruction of economy—the end of property, commodity exchange and work. Thus we see that the generalized realization of individual freedom goes hand-in-hands with the best aspects of the anarcho-communist ideal and can only be achieved through a revolutionary transformation.
- Wolfi Landstreicher Individualism and Communism

Wolfi sometimes is full off suprised, he is a pretty critical but verry realistic guy.

Read Bookchin tbh

Dank meme gomrade

That's going a bit far but he's right about the insufficient radicalism and softness of ansynds. Anarchists of all stripes need to be much more self critical than they are.

Ansynds especially seem to promote the same society capitalism has only decentralized. I mean, just look at Catalonia. Local mobs/militas doing the same shit police do is hardly an improvement.

the memes have gone too far, the militarisation of the militias was what decided the counterrevolution, the iron column did literally nothing erong

whats with the influx of anti-syndicalism and andti-cooperatives as of late

are leftcoms and orthodox marxist really this mad they got BTFO by tankies the other day?

wew

fully automated luxury communism or bust.

I don't want to flip burgers or mine, even if I am paid a wage and make a choice, the choice would never be repetitive labour. that is no choice at all. species-being is a bad meme

all arguments discarded

I dont get it, is this supposed to be funny?

Anarcho-syndicalism shouldn't be critiqued on the basis that its major theorists were bourgeois. It should really be critiqued on the basis of how useless it is in the modern context.

Just take a look at what kind of anarchisms are being put into practice in places where anarchism is actually popular, like Greece, Turkey, Chile, Italy, Spain, France, and so on. Anarchists in those countries have little use for unions and instead focus their efforts on things like TAZs and urban squatting. Unions in said countries are entirely assimilated so any attempts to "take them over" for the sake of anarchism would be an uphill battle to say the least.

>mfw everybody who doesn't want to suck off a dead dictator has always been at war with Eurasia bourg because tankies say so

That was weak.

They're not.

I'm in contact with comrades from Greece and Turkey and everything that goes on in those countries in terms of anarchism is either petty insurrectionism or TAZ-type squatting. Chomsky and Rocker don't concern them.

okay fam

The IWW never assimilated.

The IWW literally has 3000 members.

and is currently responsible for the largest prison strike in 60 years. Don't underestimate a few dedicated organizers.

They're not really responsible for it, they're just a part of it.

True, they're not totally responsible for it, doesn't mean they haven't taken an active role and important.

doesn't mean they arnt active and actually doing things. You can argue to the effect, but you can argue that with any organization.

But still, that doesn't mean that syndicalism is relevant. The largest syndicalist union has 80,000 members. During the Spanish Revolution the CNT had about 1.5 million members and still failed.

Im gonna guess they have a fuckton more manpower than insurrectionists, and arnt just concerned with squating. Not that i have i problem with that, if it works it works and it should continue. But to show such a lack of solidarity with comrades of the same political disposition on the matter of tactics is retarded.

Shall we get into why they failed, again? Cause ill derail the thread, ive got all night.

What are they concerned with instead of squatting? I doubt it's much different from the rest of the unions. Criticism doesn't necessarily mean a lack of solidarity, why do you think the CNT failed?

Well to simplify it, lack of supplies and embargos on the republic as well as internal fracturing because of liberals and Stalin, combined with foreign fascist conscripts from Italy, Germany and Portugal and well as material supper from those countries as well as material support from Capitalist nations like the United States giving the fascist's oil. Outnumbered, outgunned and unable to receive any supply with an industrial base still mostly in the 19th century was a death nail.

The IWW that exists in my city is much more of a historical society than an actual industrial workers' organization.

Anarcho-syndicalism has very little relevance in today's climate compared with other strains of leftism (including green anarchism and such). Most ansyns aren't even industrial workers themselves but Noam Chomsky personality cultists. In the imperialist countries, nearly all unions have been assimilated into the bourgeois state. There is little to no radicalism from them. In the colonized world/"Third World" peoples are much more concerned about the preservation of their culture and traditional ways of life than they are about who owns or controls the factories. Look at the Palestinians for example: they don't care if they control the SodaStream factories, they just want Jews off their lands for good. Same thing with African cultures: they're more upset with the fact that they're being forced out of the countryside to work in the cities than they are about the fact that they don't own the factories they're working in.

Really makes me think this is some solipsistic anprim garbage.

How about no?

Temporary Autonomus Zones should rather be called TDSZ, Temporary Designated Shitting Zones. That would clarify the intellectual value of that contribution by that nonce "Hakim Bey", Peter Lamborn Wilson. Or maybe TKDZ, Temporary Kiddie Diddling Zones, that would clarify his intent.