Wurm Unlimited: How Do You Make a Thread Edition

You brought this upon yourselves. Alternatively, Lazy Russian Edition.

Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited. The fledgling town of Brosmouth is looking for new people.
We currently have lost count on how many members we have of our village.
Best of all, it's completely free. No level restrictions, plus boosted rates compared to Wurm Online.
4x Action speed, and 4x Skill gain speed

```New client:```
mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
```Torrent Hash:```
700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6 (this didn't work for me, but the mega link should be completely fine)

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS BEFORE UPDATING THE CLIENT
if you've played before you will lose your character if you don't

Auto-updater: wurmian.cloudapp.net/upd.zip

MAKE SURE TO EDIT YOUR GAMESETTINGS.TXT, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS
Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
use_nagles_algorithm from false to true
chat_censor from true to false
copy gamesettings.txt to your player profile folder just to be on the safe side

```IP Address:``` 13.92.83.205
additional server info: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

Q: "I don't know how to play! What do I do?"
A: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Latest News
* The map got corrupted so server is kill. Admin is in the process of setting up a new island and will ferry the population over with one cart/wagon apiece. Convert your animals to token form at the Liberty stablemaster if you want to take them with you.

Given that GM has set his sea evacuation dock on a landlocked lake, it's unclear what exactly is going to happen, but we've built boats with ocean access anyway and are set up near Port Royal.

* Once we start building again MAKE SURE TO GIVE PERMISSIONS TO TRENHAL (or whoever, when we get going again) FOR YOUR PROPERTY. This will allow Trenhal/whoever sets the deed to new-Brosmouth to expand the deed of the city proper so it's not just a 3x3 tile whose limits can't be extended.

* Considering new names for the future settlement. Brome, Brolympus, Bruhssia, that sort of thing. Discuss and come to agreement or whether to keep Brosmouth.

* City planning. Discuss how we want the city to look and its layout. Generally agreed upon is having a main square with a swastika ("Buddhist symbol for eternity" even though that's an eternal knot and isn't the same thing) with four main roads leading out of it. Whether to fill in the gaps between the main roads with grid or organically as people come in and settle is being debated.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/3ebSbr
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ships#Vessel_Details
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cordage_rope
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Path_of_Hate
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Champion_player
wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap/index.html
bfy.tw/6FOD
pastebin.com/9P5SLitW
kiwiirc.com/
wurm-unlimited.com/server/1030/\
wurm-unlimited.com/server/28/
wurm-unlimited.com/server/1008/
wurm-unlimited.com/server/1032/\
pastebin.com/a5b5Urvh
soyoustart.com/ie/offers/sys-ip-2.xml
i.imgur.com/QXVF0QJ.png
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)
youtube.com/watch?v=eaOxhxEo4Z4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yay, new thread.

decent oven and forge now up on the shipyard beach, for anyone who wants to get shit done while we wait on russkie

Decent OP, should delve into why the swastika is not only different but superior but w/e fam, you tried.

Is it too late to help you guys build glorious boats for the Invincible Fleet?

That was copied from old OP, I only amended the first asterisk to current happenings.

Swastika's superiority is 50% shenanigans, 50% infinity symbol looking like shit on an even circular background.

Fleet's done. I wouldn't start building anything bigger than a sailboat at this point.

Alright then. I have my own boat almost finished. Where are you setting sail from? I assume the ruins of Brosmouth?

Superiority to Buddhism's eternity symbol, that is. The guy doing the Infinity thing is a fag and his shit is terrible and forced, so that superiority was never in question.

Why the hell are you all sailing?
Weren't we supposed to stay on The Liberty?
Did I miss something?

~2720/660. It's very close to spawn, maybe 1/4 of the way to Brosmouth.

Yes, you missed a lot.

More like Inept Russian Edition.

Did we switch server?

They're sailing off the edge of the world because they think that'll save all their shits ships or some shit I dunno. They all decided it like a 1000 posts again and none of them want to explain it in any detail.

New server, new map, run by the same people. We get there by physically sailing to an edge of the map, at which point the boat captains will receive a prompt asking them if they wish to travel to the other server. This is how cross-server travel in Wurm works. This also allows us to keep almost all of our shit as we can load most of our belongings into crates onto the boats.

You can either A) Join the Brosmouth fleet when it sails to the new world on its own or B) Board the Admin's ARK when it's time to sail.

Loading crates onto the admin ship is limited to 6x Small crates OR 4x Large crates, and to do so you wait until the gamemaster is around willing to load the cargo, then you rename the crates with your name on them so you can find them later, and then unload them from your cart next to the stable master the admin spawned at the docks.

Any questions?

Yes.

What the fuck is happening?

Some retarded faggot is asking dumb questions again.

"Sailing off the edge". Seriously, look up the way servers work in Wurm, it'll all make sense.

Oh that.
I thought the whole point of everyone going to liberty was because the new map was going to be placed directly in the same area as the one we're currently in, thus the need to teleport everyone to Liberty.

I understand that connects to a new server, but people are also bitching that we can't go to a new server because this is the only pirate friendly one. Every one is contradicting one another and it makes it impossible to figure out what is happening.

Are people with legal copies of Wurm migrating until the server is fixed for everyone, or is it possible to play pirated on other servers now, or have we found a new pirate server to play on, or what?

In case you haven't noticed, it's the end of the world.
All of the server backups got fucked all the way up to a terrain snapshot in May, which effectively means all the houses are irredeemably fucked. The admins are in the process of handcrafting a new map while everyone else is in the process of packing up their shit to sail to the new world.

That was the initial plan where the new server would just replace the old one. Now, the new server will temporarily run ALONGSIDE the old server. This is why we will be able to sail to it with all of our stuff, instead of just being teleported there from The Liberty with just the bare necessities on our person.

That's what everyone thought would happen to begin with.
Doesn't help that the admins are idiots who don't know what they're doing.

Yes I know that. But I don't know what anyone is doing because of it. It's a hive of contradictions in these threads.

Well, it's just connecting to a new server by the same guys. They're connected by the Wurm Server Launcher Tool. If you were to join a completely new server in Wurm Unlimited by other people, nothing would follow along.

And no, you can't play on Steam servers with a pirated version, I believe.

Finally some accurate information, thank you.

Now, are they return once the old map is fixed or is New Brosmouth going to stay on that new parallel server?

Well great. When is the great GM move going to happen anyways? Is all of this because its going to happen soon?

Or does the torture continue?

I don't believe they're capable of fixing it, sadly. Even if they can fix, it'd probably take too long, which is time better spend building new shit.

Here, have a picture showing their position relative to the Liberty.

The move will happen whenever they finish the new map. It could be today. It could be in five days. We just don't know. The only answer is Soon™.

So the Admin can't just move/change the spawn point to the new server when it's time?

How did I not see that yesterday?

I don't get why pownstar hasn't banned us all yet, he obviously hates us with every cell in his body and we just keep mocking him.

Recapping designs from last thread.

I can't use it here, right…

Second is best. I didn't even know you could do half-tiles like that.

No. We must sail. Now start packing your shit into crates and loading it onto a cart. If you go admin evac you're limited to 6x small crates OR 4x Large crates, which should be enough unless you were a large scale smith or farmer. Otherwise you can go with the Brosmouth fleet who, while there is no crate limit, lack admin powers that would allow them to load infinite crates.

meant for

how about a pattern for the main roads of the new town?

When does the fleet leave?

If I'm on the ship when I log off and the move happens will I go with it? Or do I need to be on when the fleet moves?

What's wrong with a straight path with two other blocks either side? Why go for a zig-zag pattern at all? Not everything needs to be stylized.

I still don't understand what takes so damn long, there's a random map generator, just like make map.

You're literally retarded aren't you?

WE SAIL WHEN THE NEW MAP IS READY
WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THE NEW MAP IS READY
THEREFORE
WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME TO SET SAIL

Second reminds me a bit of MonHun style.

Why offer to explain things if the idea of explaining things triggers you so much?

Someone draw a large jew in the sand north of Brosmouth. Next time we logged on, the map was corrupted and they had to restore from backup. Those were fucked up as well, the last good one was from march. Characters and buildings were saved separate from the map, so those weren't corrupted but buildings were all fucked up because the map didn't fit anymore. One guys house was underwater. The rest of them look like something googles deep dream would shit out.

yeh
Can someone give me a map showing where the fleet is?

See

See

thanks fam
i saw that map as soon as your post showed up

It was kind of amazing how jacked up it looked, like a earthquake hit.

The process shows up in Task Manage for a few seconds and then disappears. What gives?

Try the patcher.bat thing before launching. Did you get the upd.zip too? Do that then the patcher then lawnch.

I got the upd.zip, unzipped, ran the updater, then threw the files it gave me into the install and let them replace the old ones.

Is there any reason why I can't open the settings?

It happened to me too but running patcher.bat fixed my shit.

You may not want to install over the old install, mine got fucked like that too so I deleted everything, backed up the SmartSteamEmu/PlayerFiles folders and redid the whole thing from the new torrent/upd.zip and mods.

Just looked through every file in the client I downloaded and no patcher.bat, so I googled it and got a million forum results saying to run patcher.bat but no patcher.bat, so where the fuck is patcher.bat?

Isn't in this OP or last OP.

That's odd. You're right. Maybe it's auto created somehow. Anyway, here's that's in the .bat file if you want to manually create it:
..\runtime\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar
pause

wait, the 1488 one isn't the Holla Forums one?

FUCK I BUILT THE NIGGER REFUGE IN THE WRONG PLACE

That's cool as hell. Are they at least going to release the corrupted save file?

After all the bullshit that went down with people trying to make brosmouth all "lets be srs guize" when someone jewed food from the Pagan to try selling it for iron, I pretty much stopped playing. Brosmouth aint what it set out to be and it's just cancerous now. What started as a bunch of guys just making a village to fulfill autistic tendencies turned into "uuh we gotta srsly handle this like a proper town and do this and that and have management". Fuck off m8.

Brosmouth never became a serious business town and no one brought from Nk. Calm down.

But it did. I watched it happen and it was shitty. The town went all "Muh Srsbsns" and became a joke.

No it didn't, you fag. You're not the only one who was playing the game, you double fag.

You're just denying it because "B-But muh b-bros can't be bad!" I bet you also think you fit a "role" in the town as if it had actual roles.

Where is patcher.jar supposed to be? I checked in the \runtime\bin from the parent directory (/WRC) of \WurmLauncher, and it doesn't contain a \java folder or a patcher.jar

No, I'm denying it because it's a lie.

And the town didn't have rolls. It had a list of what people wanted to do/were good at for reference, but not roles. I mined, farmed, masoned, and lumberjackedoff as it suited me.

Quit being such a faggot liar, you lying faggot.

I have built a single tile, two floor cuckshed by the docks for storage purposes.

Peasant and Bear may manage the cuckshed.

Altough the 2nd floor may be unfinished, the door has a lock so it should be safe for you to leave your small crates unattended after you ask for permissions, that is.

patcher.bat is the filename, it goes in WurmLauncher folder.

meant for

I'm most likely going to miss this server switch since I work most of the day. Am I just going to have to start again on the new server?

I'm aware, and the contents of it which were pasted in call patcher.jar which doesn't exist in my directory, so the .bat will do nothing if I make it.

Fuck. That is a problem. I'll upload it to vola, I guess: volafile.io/r/3ebSbr

That .jar goes in C:\WRC\runtime\bin or wherever you have it installed.

Fuck me, copy pasted wrong directory: C:\WRC\WurmLauncher

Thanks for helping me out.

Are you baiting or are you actually functionally retarded?

Nobody was taking this game seriously save for the zanzibar faggots that sperged out over town organization.
"Roles" were always just a suggested "here's a guy to look for if you need X made for you" kinda deal. There was loads of overlap and nobody cared.
The jew taking shit from the public food dump and selling back to people was a dick move no matter how serious you are about the game.

Do the world a favor and off yourself you turbo faggot.

Can't you just board the boat and log off?

I asked this ages ago, no one's answered.

No. It went to complete shit, and you know it.

So… the game dead yet?

Okay so it seems to be working.
I've chosen the terribly original handle "WombRaider".

The question is should I be the patriarchy or a stronk empowered strapon dyke?

>Practice the ancient art of jewelry

As solid as this counter-argument you made is, no, it didn't go to complete shit.

And also what should I choose for Kingdom, none?

i think our wurm threads are starting the follow the servers and spiral downward into chaos

Pick Freedom.

Everyone is too busy playing instead of shitposting.

Alright, I will.
Are outsiders or bros who don't lurk these threads autistic enough to give me free shit if I pretend to be a wymyn or is it pointless?

New Brosmouth
anything else is wrong

Do it regardless, what's the worst that could happen?

It sort of diminishes the name WombRaider, that's about it. But I'll do it.

Will there be a new zanzibarland? I heard some of the guys there wanted to merge back. I would rather still have my comfy little village.

You're being left behind.

there will be city planning this time, why be mediocre when you can go full glory?

Only in that there'll be 2 main roads and a crossing in the center. Zanzibarbarians can pick a quadrant to sperg in though.

I just want a comfy little village again.

Then go play with the shitters that aren't from Holla Forums then.

Is it normal for it to take 15 minutes with the bar stuck halfway like this? :^)

Can we agree that the mine entrance can't be INSIDE THE FUCKING CITY?

no fuck you, you log in, go to your cart and drive to the mountain that's less than a minute away from the city's gates

It has to get a really good connection so it takes time.

Only if you pay your taxes to your mother country, colonial.

reasonable

Gonna try to make my own cog to join you faggots
already planting 5 cotton and 12 hemp

burning 2 piles and gonna make 4 more later

anything I should know?

Well you should know that it takes a fuckton of resources.
Brosmouth docks had an unfinished cog docked for weeks for a reason, you know.

I think I'll go with

I live atop the lowest mountain in donnut island

I can't just move my stuff past the water

Is there anything that needs being done right now before the great exodus?

I am macroing my way to 311 hull planks right now, while my sleep bonus is active

Figure out of we have to be on the ships when they leave or if it's okay to be logged off if you log off on them.

Better have saved that shit I don't remember what I did.

Holy shit I made it, I see an Anusmobile!

You could just macro anything else other than a fucking cog, unless you plan to take your entire house with you.

Umm, yesterday I got added to a party/chat and now I'm not there anymore, how do I rejoin for the exodus?

ain't a cog the smallest boat that can fit stuff inside?

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ships#Vessel_Details

This GUI is actually…really fucking good. Chats on bottom by default, bar up top so you don't have to remember the keys or keep a billion windows open at once, bar is thin

Go to the right dock (not the one with 1488 on it) and yell memes asking for an invite.

The small sailing boat can carry small items, but not load cargo. You can just shove small barrels full of jewelry, food and other stuff into them.

Cogs can load cargo, which is heavier items like large barrels, crates, and large chests. Same mechanic as carts/wagons.

well, that only proves me right
the second smallest can fit exactly 0 crates
while the third smallest (cog) can fit 67 small crates

No it doesn't.

You said "ain't a cog the smallest boat that can fit stuff inside?" which isn't the same as asking "the second smallest can fit exactly 0 crates"

You can load a boat without crates.

Also the third smallest boat is a Corbita, not a Cog.

Zanzibarland was never organised

you shitting me? the smallest(or rather, easier to make) boat that can load more stuff and weights more than the second smallest?

shit makes no sense to me

either way, Corbita is the easiest boat that can load stuff onto it then?

well, that changes my target planks from 311 to 211

Right now Freedom and for spawn Liberty.
We will be put on a new map soon though.

It is.

Do you have more than 756's worth of stuff to take?

lots of iron(500 lumps+) and bricks(525+), I got the time to make it anyways (maybe)

in worse case scenario I improved skills

I can't find the bartender anywhere in this palisaded shithole of a starting "town", kek.

No free food for me.

OCCUPATION LIST

You know the drill, fam. Reply if I forgot you with name and occupation.

Also, we're still willing to build new ships for the fleet but the main cargo ships are done and should be full up on cargo

Use the actual weight, fam.

You don't really have to worry about food, you can forage it anywhere.

Neither for water, fountains and lakes are good to drink.

The worst part about the admin fucking everything up is that it's made be debate buying wurm unlimited.

Throw Reggiekong in there with the foragers.

Yeah I'm just foraging around now for wemp fibre. I have over a kg and the wiki says .65 for a rope and I just need to right click and make it, and I have a rope tool in my inv and selected, but whenever I try to make rope it says "the wemp fibre contains too little material to create a rope. Try to combine it with a similar object to get a larger amount."

But according to the wiki this is all I'm supposed to do.

Collect wemp plant, crush into wemp fiber, combine into single lump, create rope.

The original game is 4 times slower, are you sure?

Press b, drag wemp into a slot and click combine to mash it into a large item.

Only base. Some servers have it up to 7.5x.

Thanks!

can i be an alcoholic hunter or i'll have to work in mines or do some other unpleasant shit? can i be free?
downloading the client

This, mostly so I wouldn't be restricted to pirate-only servers. I don't know if it'd be any fun without you guys, though.

it wont Nobody else but me would sell you a hot meal for only 5 iron and rent you a comfy bed for 25i

So long you don't want to steal other people's stuff, you will need to either beg/buy or do a bit of everything

for instance, you would need good tools to make a good (50+ bow), that would require iron, that would require mining

so on

That's what the Kings are all about, baby. A group where everyone can be his own man and do as he please. Where everyone can be a king.

Or something like that.

That's okay user, I can fish.

Just b urself.

Enjoy your 20% nutrition.

I don't get why there aren't many rope bitches, it's pretty ez. Though I did almost kill myself in shame when I fucked up my first rope.

Finding wemp without fields can be annoying. That's about all, I think.

I had a full wemp field ready to be picked when the server shat itself. Now I have like 3 seeds left and foraging takes ages. Ropemaking is a hard life, mate.

wait why can't i rob people
what if i want my character to be a nigger
this is unrealistic

I'm guessing the seeds are rarer to find than the various dingleberry seeds I keep finding? Haven't found any wemp seeds yet.

you should play rust instead

Disregard that I suck cocks, can just pick them from the plants.

SHIT, NOW I NEED TO HEAD TO THE Holla Forums FLEET
WHAT TIME ARE YOU GUYS SAILING AT?

i want to play a nigger not a 13yo ERP addict

talking about iron rocks
they are the easiest way for a low (mining)skill faggot to aquire 60+ QL iron ingots

just get rocks until one 60+QL pops up, I got about 35 rocks yesterday, 7 of which were 60+

which yields 5kg~ish of iron, which is enough to improve a fuckload of tools to highQL

I found where missing animals go. Was sailing around out in the ocean and found a horse swimming near map border.

We don't know yet retard, calm down.
New map hasn't even been made yet.

>5th pic
I changed my design drastically from that. It's much smaller now and closer to the 4th one.

I rode a bull earlier
it was walking at 5.7~

It was faster to walk at 7.2~

Want a free water horse, user? When I get back to the docks you're welcome to this one.

Puppeteer Soab

Can I dump these iron rocks I found foraging that are slowing me down, or are they valuable?

I don't think anyone is short of iron at the moment.

Bulls are for carts and for prepping.

There's no need for that, I'm just hoarding animal tokens to give us a better start after everyone's deported into the new map.

Oh, in that case do you feel like turning my animals into tokens? I'm flat broke and have two horses + one bull.

You can be an alcoholic in Wurm where drinking too much increase your body strength

Anyone remember what the old thread was titled?

When I return I'll help you token one of them, but not both because I only have 30c left in my bank account.

I could check the traders or give you silver rings myself.

Waiting for the Wipe, if you're talking about the previous one.

Works for me user, do you want the bull for yourself? Two horses would be fine for me.

how much does it cost anyways? I am wondering whenever I should or not token my aged bulls, I never even did anything to them besides pull into the cart (no branding or breeding)

I've already got three tokens, two female bisons and an adolescent foal.

About 12c 40i for common animals.

If you have the money you should, I expect that after a disembark we'll make carts, spawn animals and look for the promised land.

Ropefag here again. If I farm and don't fuck it up, will I get enough plant matter to reclaim the amount of seeds I need to replant + extra to work with, or is it a net loss if I have a low farming level?
If I save up wemp seeds now, can I trade them to a farmer after the jump for a larger amount of wemp, but doled out in parcels as the crops come in? Could this be the beginning of a beautiful jewing?

no farmer worth their salt will ever need someone's else seeds

anything they could ever want to plant can be foraged in less than 5 minutes

anything that can be planted will be multiplied in about 1 day

Was there something else I was supposed to do? I didn't realize I wouldn't actually be doing the swinging.

You fucked up.

You have to follow these steps:

Okay. Practice doll would be in the tutorial area maybe?

I have never played wurm before, but it looks pretty fucking cool. How much of a focus is there on combat, and how hard is it to get started?

Why not just removing the take on a boar all toguether?

He will be cracking open bears before he can take on boars

Don't think so, as we're using a custom spawn area.

We can probably get some practice dolls starting but now is really not a good time since everyone's busy getting ships and a port ready for the future deportation.

Dammit. Got my cart and horse stuck in my old house.

If I get my sorry ass to the rendezvous, can someone maybe help out a fellow Israelite and gibsmedat another rope tool? Don't need quality, just thinking of getting some more gathering and ropemaking in during this time.

there is an training doll near donnut island, just west of brosmouth

he just needs to walk all the way there

It also have lumps of copper, zinc and some other shit

seems abandoned

Sweet, I'm walking there anyways.

hit it with a shaft
don't use weapons on it

do not let it go above 10 damage
(double click or right click -> examine to check current damage)
(right click -> repair to repair, might need materials, I am unsure)

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully if it needs anything it's just wood.

This fucking serb.

BEFORE I INVEST ANY TIME IN LEARNING THIS GAME

Is it possible for me to just lounge around and fish all day?

yeah

Yes, it's what I do.

Don't move around while fighting, it makes you vulnerable.

I like the first one. Remaking roads to make them pretty like this is high effort but you can always do it afterwards. We should really start by just by making the damn things in the first place.
I personally don't work a lot as a potter so I could imagine myself tidying them up like that when I'm bored.

Let us become one with the fish.

Suffering never ends. I don't want to make another boat. I love my boat. I want to have more adventures with it.

Basically none, it's there but by default it's on autopilot. You can grind a few skills related to it and craft a bunch of equipment, but the game is mostly a crafting game.
Like, every single arrow you fire has to be crafted separately.

What the fuck are you trying to do?

Save my friend

Is it fucking poetry night? Speak clear English; what are you trying to do?

Free my comrade

Was eating out of my cart as I entered it then my view and shit got stuck. Relogged and crashed. Thank fuck I got myself unstuck finally. Horse is cursed.

Fine, sit there and bitch in obscurities. Don't let me try to help solve whatever issue you're whining about; I've officially stopped caring.

Can you make private/emulated/offline servers with this somehow? I usually enjoy sandbox games and MMOs, but only when I'm playing alone.
I realize the irony of that, but so far there aren't any good "Massively Single Player" games. I just want to have an entire MMO world to myself.

I hate my dad

You can if you buy it.

I looked into it, definitely possible to just set up a local server.

Did you beach your boat at that yellow arrow on the map or something?

Oh shit donut island is actually way farther away then brosmouth is from spawn.

If my computer could handle it I would, as I own a legal copy. But alas it can't.

How do I raise the allowed ram for the game to use again?

Yeah. My boat got stuck stuck after serb died. Dragging doesn't work because there's sand everywhere. There're horses but also shitloads of black wolves. Basically i have to push it all the way forward to water and stack up clay for making walls

its a ini file in the install location

I'm honestly and pleasantly shocked that the answer is yes. Thanks, anons, I'm going to check this out.

RIP fun. I haven't played this game yet, but I had the impression that the landscape was pretty malleable. Can you not dig the sand out from under it?
I'll be installing soon, so I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough - but godspeed, user.

i have the legit steam version, can i play on your pirate servers?

Yeah.

Get mod loader and follow the instructions on the server page for client mods

cheers fam, you guys are going to regret this

You don't need to do the mods to connect. Just FYI, but you can play on the server in vanilla.

Well they do help with convenience.

What if you aren't online when everyone sets sail for the new world. Should I start building my own bout somewhere just in case?

the solution is simple. Never go offline

Could someone please answer this question seriously?

just make a rowboat incase.

The harbor is starting to get pretty comfy.

Do you think he wasn't serious?
Then just go to the pleb docks

So the admins can't just teleport us over if we miss the trip?

they can but you will lose everything not in your inventory.

If there is a new colony, I suggest a compromise between the Bro theme and the Metal Gear theme in the name.
Shadow Broses.

We must be stopped

Most of it was me, frankly.

Fine by me.

Why they just didn't nuke the server to begin with and restart everyone from scratch and just give everyone some restarting supplies instead and a boost to their skills is fucking beyond me. This work around is retarded as hell.

So people can save their shit?

Dubs decides who gets 6 tons of dirt delivered to his doorstep.

there will be, regardless of who else decides to come. at minimum, there are 4 of us that are going to start another colony

aye

just dump it on the side of the road

What's the point? I don't think anyone is terribly attached to their QL.67 Iron Hammer enough to warrant this hassle of a patchwork workaround.

The work around is not a solution so whatever cause it is likely just gonna happen again. Just restart it all and give people a large cart filled with enough supplies to rebuild a home or boat or something or the admin's could just take inventory and replace it all.

Trap a boat in it.

Is that enough to put a landbridge in the water in front of the GM dock?

BUNCH OF SLACK JAWED FAGGOTS AROUND HERE.

Use it to fuck with badmindock

I've got nine tons now.

Oh shit, this .>>9676776

this

Rerolling.

Take it with you to the new server.

Following up on these, if you see a tortoise in the ocean and think 'damn I bet this guy is slow as hell, time to murder for easy fighting', don't. Each bite is like 25% hp, fuckers are strong.

This, beach his arks.

Well done.

I bet you were the same faggot that told the people on the server we were from Holla Forums and/or Holla Forums.

Isn't using a legit version advised against? I thought I saw a post on the forum saying something about people being able to see your Steam ID and other shit that I don't remember

Guys, why doesn't the Gear Icon on the launcher work for me?

Someone seeing your Steam ID is a very, very minor thing.
In all valve games people can see your Steam ID by typing in the "status" command in console, it gives out your IP and steam ID I think.

disgraceful

Updated Occupation List

love you soab bb

I never made a single rope in my wurm life

should I grind bow strings? I will need to make 6 wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cordage_rope

Put Splongus temporarily in Chef and in Tavern Owner. I'll update which one I'll take once we reach the new map and start building.

None of ours work, we've been changing option in the setting file

Can anyone please for the love of Christ give me a carving knife? it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a branch to make a shaft with this shitty crude knife.

Didn't mean to reply, sorry.

Can I be a professional thief?

Sorry, but no.
Stealing is hard on this server, though there are servers which allow thievery in Wurm.

So how would I change it from fullscreen to windowed?

Yes but no

You can't steal on the PvE server and thus training in lock picking, stealth is meaningless

I'd join but I don't want to interact with fags like that.

go to the LaunchConfig and search for window

There wasn't enough dirt to surround every ship in there.

You can be a professional jew. Literally.

In the new town I'm thinking someone should run a Wood Bank.

The idea is this: Almost every wooden item in the game, from carts to ships, assumes the material of the last part added to it, so you could make a boat entirely out of pinewood, but if the last thing you add to complete it is an oak peg, then the ship magically becomes an "oakenwood" ship. So a person who wants a cherrywood or lemonwood cart would only need one plank made out of it to make it a reality. They just have to ensure it gets added last.

The Wood Bank would function as a general storage of all the different types of wood and would give out tiny amounts of parts of the requested wood needed upon request. Someone wants a boat made out of walnut? One walnut peg, coming up!
Naturally, someone would have to be its curator to make sure no idiot destroys the entire supply in one go.

pic related

Doesn't show anything like that.

|
|>
|
|

Should I be following a god or something?

Also, I am heavily considering making an alt priest

If it's Mag then no need for alt as you can live without digging

If it's the other and especially Fo then yea make about 5 alts like Fenlaw did to link them together later

Doesn't matter, I got the Gear Icon to work.

[tab] then [space] once it's highlighted.

Mine does.

Ok then. Put Peter down for chef for right now.

Who the fuck is peter?

Put Jinbo as a miner, fuck it.

is Peter.

It's my character name fag. I've sitting around the docks for an hour now.

What the fuck am I supposed to say?

There's a spycheck you can ask Kriegerr to perform

I thought this turbo faggotery only applied to PVP servers

I'm the dude that did that
That's not me, I would never use twatter

god damn the music in this game is horrendous

shouldn't it be named 'faggot' check instead then?
it's not like it's an hots alt trying to get 'our secrets' or opening our gates or something

SKYFAAAAALLLLLL

[12:48:42] *** gamemaster has joined #WRC
happening soon?

please no, or at least
please let the transition last a whole week

I didn't do shit the whole weekend when i could have

Oh yeah, I'm still a forager
Loliconsupreme

Fucking please, I need to be an autist again.

fuck that, let's get this over with

Pls wait until I wake up

is the migration i still going or you guys already left?

People been making boats like crazy come help

good, i got a 12 kg lump of iron and a small anvil for nails

Looks cozy.

Is there any reason for me to play today if they're not switching worlds?
Is there any reason for me to play at all until the exodus begins?

You can grind skills and shit.

Oh, maybe I should just never come back if you guys are gonna be turbofags about this.

make a boat so you can transfer everything you own

Yes. Kill yourself too, while your at it.

dude everyone is here

skills are not frozen they just dont update live

I'd just wait till they switch worlds If you haven't played in the server yet like me.

Is there a reason you're indirectly defending posting our activities on twitter?

I was waiting at the boats. I was waiting at the boats for fucking 5 hours yesterday. Unless you guys have some cotton for me to sew, ropes for me to make, or roads to pave, I'm just gonna go play DBZ until the world is fixed.

Oh I thought you were bitching about people bitching.

Grab some sand and start turning the whole word into desert.

I'm bitching about normalfags showing Notch our shenanigans.
Fucking NOTCH, for real? After what he did to us? I guess a few clever comments on twitter is all it takes for half of Holla Forums to fall in love with you.

Then don't pin one faggot being a faggot on twitter on all of us, you faggot.

The half that use twatter in the first place are the tumorous half.

But there's at least two people here with twitters.
I know more of you have them. I know it. Just fucking keep it to yourselves, for fuck's sake.

Twitter can be a useful tool but I'd never post about my fucking hobbies or activities on it, holy shit.

Facebook can be a useful tool, too. Doesn't mean you're not cancer if you have one.

Figures

You guys brought this on yourselves when you didn't exile cancerous namefags like dragunov

Maybe we should enforce anonymity…

I was the previous innowner in zanzibar but I suppose I'll just stick to carpentry or masonry if the latter is needed more, Commissarbro. Put me up for whichever you prefer.

the map is so fucked that i dont know if i am near liberty, what are the cordinates of the Holla Forums fleet?

Any news about the exodus? What's the state of the new map?

It's not even being worked on yet, is it?

thats not the only restriction priests have, thats just the ones some priests can do versus the other priests

ALL priests =

Priests typically cannot do any of the following actions, with some exceptions. See the table below for details.

Improve, continue or destroy/bash items, walls or structures, or repair structures. However they are permitted to create and plan items and structures.
Dig or cut wood, pack dirt or pave.
Mine, prospect or tunnel.
Use alchemy or make healing covers.
Cannot steal.

Priests do not gain body or mind skills as at the same rate as normal characters while doing the same actions.

main character priests suck balls unless you plan to just sit there right click praying at a altar all day, make it an alt

go towards the bright light
walk to the port with 1488
it's not that one
go west.

[12:43:34 PM] Michael: Currently struggling to get internet working on PC.
[12:43:57 PM] Michael: It decided to crap out today. I know.. since I planned a few hours for working on map.

Wow that's fucked

Damn. Is it safe to assume that the map will be ready in a day or two?

In all seriousness, why would anyone ever be a priest? It seems really restrictive and boring.

You cannot raid dragon without a single priest

Their services can make weapons much more powerful with life steal, flame brand, frost brand, rotten touch and such. They can enchant armor too and Fo priests can cast heal

I'm sure he's trying to wait until everyone loses interest. Now is a great time to grind shipbuilding, though.

They're overpowered as shit in the vanilla game and even with the servers that have restrictions they're still extremely powerful.

So they're support bitches only good for magic and literally nothing else?

yeah im thinking wednesday

it has some Overpowered elements depending on the god like with Wildkuja i went Libila and Hots cause its literally OP with fighting, + the Meditiation Path wurmpedia.com/index.php/Path_of_Hate thats also good with fighting

both sides get spells like the Weapon/Tool Enchants that are pretty good and the Buffs..etc..etc

Next step of being a priest is this, all penalties removed and you become super human
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Champion_player

problem is thats disabled on this server cause its not Chaos/Epic rulesete

So it is pointless unless you want to fight shit.
Neat.

and i know this because all the Ritual high level spells cant be cast, it gives the error message for it being a freedom server, so you'll get same error tryin to get champ

well only Mag/Lib are the fuck shit up Priests afaik, Fo and Vynora are village niggers

>priests of Vynora can't destroy roads or pack dirt
I just wanted to help the community.

Fo priests heal, they're a huge asset for taking down uniques.

uniques are super fucking nerfed in WU from what ive heard, like

put Zeky as a miner

So if the migration happens tonight, and I'm not there (which I will likely not be), should I board a ship and remain on it? Also, where the fuck is the Holla Forums Fleet?

New Occupation list for the faggots that don't look through the thread and just start from the bottom.

You'll be in the next update wave

this guy has jokes, pic related

Around northwest from Liberty. Near Port Royale.
wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap/index.html

Phew. I'm going out later tonight and was afraid I was going to miss everything. But seriously, where the fuck is the Holla Forums Fleet? I'm at the right coordinates.

You'd hear the farts and hammers if you were anywhere near the right area.

Nevermind. My game was bugged and almost the entirety of the map was water.

looks like a nerd with an afro

where you guys are stockpiling all the stuff?

this nigger is going to make another shitty map
what's the point?

seriously, someone send this link to him
bfy.tw/6FOD

since when "I am feeling lucky" does not work anymore for let me google that for you?

Holy shit, someone go hold this nigga's hand

for reference, we could be playing on this

or this

this shit is skype, right?

yeah

bah, not in the mood to install a virtual machine just to send the admin some passive aggressive link

Why is the piece of shit admin so autistic as to insist to hand-craft a map?

It's so easy to make a fucking map.

I can get wanting to make a starting zone or something, but is this nigger seriously gonna hand craft everything?

Yes, apparently he does some stupid fucking story driven bullshit for the rest of the server and his autistic friends. So he wants to hand craft a bunch of monuments.

Well, can we convince him to make us a nice settlement zone, then?

don't you mean, 92%?

we should try to convince him to let some generator make a good map, and then edit the faggotery into it

or get a good looking map and edit the faggotery into it

OR ADD THE EXODUS AS PART OF HIS FUCKING SHITTY LORE
LIKE TURNING A NEW PAGE ON THE FAGGOTERY

We are going to end up with potato map again

It doesn't have to be perfect, but I'd at least like an island in the middle of a big river or something.

We can make the rivers ourselves.

What the map needs is plenty of spots with clay and tar.

No pre-made zones. That shit is boring. I didn't come to this game for hand holding. I want to traverse difficult and dangerous terrain to find our paradise.

But can we make a nice, natural looking river?

I'm not asking for a premade zone, I'm asking for the guy making the map to put in more effort beyond jerking him and his friends off if he insists on making everything by hand.
For all we know, he could just make everything else a flat fucking plain and you'd be find with it because "no pre-made zones".

We managed to make a damn good canal before.

We're going to make Brolympus great again.

I've gotten to the mining part of the tutorial, and I'm stumped. I can't mine any of the rocks around the area, so I assume it wants me to tunnel into exposed rock on a mountainside.

How do I walk far enough up a mountainside to reach exposed rock without sliding down?
I've tried taking out my shovel and flattening a path there to try to create my own rocky cliffside to start with, but flatten appears to do absolutely nothing, and I can't use "level" unless I'm standing on already flat ground.

I've read the wiki on the subject, but I must be missing something.
Am I just supposed to travel very, very far from the starting village in order to find a place to create a mineshaft?

Serber asploded so the mines that are normally supposed to be there aren't.

I would wait for the new map if you're just starting. This one is fucked.

If the map is going to be handmade do you think we could get him to make a dungeon?

you can make your own, just dont put light sources inside the mine and monsters will spawn

Now that sounds like adventure.

Get a shovel, hover over tile edges, if it says "slope 20 maybe 24" or higher, then it means you'll slide off like a madman unless you're using the climbing button.

What you want to do is to pick a spot at the foot of a mountain, flatten it and move to the next soil tile (further into the mountain). Stand on the flattened soil tile, click the other one and use "level" this will automatically dig the other tile.

Then you move over to the next tile and pick a corner, watch it from the outside and begin digging. if you're doing things properly, it will take you 19 to 23 depends on if 20 slope or 24 is the limit, can't remember fam dig inputs PER side to create a noticeable but easy to walk slope.

Repeat until you dig deep enough to reach the rock. Level the next tile and dig switching corners until you completely get to the rock. Then you unzip your pickaxe and begin the tunnel.

Alright, I think I can manage that.
Thanks, user.

My god, they've built their own navy.

It has been a weird past few days in the realm.

Oh god, We went from mad max apocalypse to viking raiders. We even have a fleet of ship and steal from from villages.

THE FLEET RISES

Waterworld when?

As soon as someone gets tired of waiting and sets up a server.

I want desperately to wurm. How long until the spaniard and ruskie are done fiddle fucking around?

Anywhere from one to five days it seems like.
Feel free to hop on anyway. We've got a fully functioning town with forges, a farm, and a mine at the area where we plan to evacuate.

So far it's gone from "a couple of hours" to "within two days" to "a week maybe" to "I haven't started yet" to "I'm having problems getting internet to work."

It was fun while it lasted.

lel

the difference is real, tbh.

WE BACK NIGGA

Finally

pastebin.com/9P5SLitW

GM sent me a PM asking for me to explain how basic mechanics in the game work and then this happened

AND WE'RE STILL NOT MIGRATED

GODDAMMIT

I really feel like going into #WRC and berating this stupid faggot.
His server is breaking at the seams and he's thinking of trying to monetize it? Does he actually think people would pay real money' for this?

Welp, fun while it lasted

i sent the other GM a pm asking him wtf, he hasnt responded, prolly yellin at the russian for tellin me about it

asking for donations for the server is fine, but this looks like hes waiting for people to spend hours building shit and get invested then demand money to contiune to play basically

Holy shit what a faggot.
Even having an attitude like that makes me not want to go back to this shit show knowing that could be looming on the horizon. The server is barely functional, if at all, lacks any pvp rendering a fat chunk of the game pointless, and doesn't have any real population to interact with in the first place, but he wants to monetize it like some cheap korean mmo. He realizes people hate EA and Activision for pulling the same sort of shit right? That his server of ~40 would drop to 4 overnight?

You should leave and never come back. Everyone is in favour of that.

Sink with the catapult from Brosmouth.

We need a new server.

Immediately.

Honestly it's starting to look that way more and more

i dont think there is any other public pirate friendly servers is the problem, atleast none i could find before i found this failure

> could do Poll, and i think most would be okay with that

Nigger don't egg him on and make him think he'll have a market.

i'd donate a dollar if this fucking lag would stop then he went full retarded

like isnt normal basic fucking hosting for something like this 10bucks a month at the most?

Then you can be the one to shell out your neetbux but don't lump the rest of us in.

I really fucking want him to do a poll to piss everyone off.

wasnt talkin about you niggers anyway was the 1 player village faggots that would donate was the meaning behind that

Do you honestly think any money you give this fag would go to improving the server?

What is going to happen is what happens with a lot of servers that start asking for "donations." Some fuck gets money to keep his game server alive and spends it on everything but the fucking server and when you merry band of neets realize this is happening its too late to do anything about it because WHOOOOOOPS HE'S GONE.

muh irc global chat

4/10

← PownstarGM has quit (kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)

WHY

how does the hook feel?

Maybe he means the new server/map is done :^)

dude asking about it in skype now, other dude thinks he just talkin about the new map shit

please see

Please see

Yeah, the servers still up. Just checked.

its almost like their so incompetent the irc server isnt even setup correctly

shocker

So this stupid ass has constantly been increasing his ETA, from "a few hours" to "I haven't even started yet."

Then this guy spergs out at the idea of changing the map to an EASILY created default map, and INSISTS on meticulously hand-crafting the entire map.

Just so him and his autistic friends can continue some supposed story-based bullshit.

And now, the other GM, before the new map has even been touched, is considering taking donations?

Jump fucking ship, or most of us are out.

The short and long is that we either need to find a new server or have someone else host one. This is too much of an unpredictable situation to have sitting at the heart of our very ability to play.

I'd rather restart on my skills in a world we know will be there than just fuck around all day waiting for a Russian to remind us how incompetent he is.

tfw I didn't make the group photo because I was fuckikng dead. RIP

F

I'd gladly go looking around, but I have no idea how to find a pirate-friendly server. Tons to pick from, dunno which are pirate friendly.

At least we got a guard tower and deed set up.

Who found this server in the first place? We ought to find him and ask him how or where he found it.

If this one goes to complete shit which I hope it doesn't because I genuinely enjoy playing with you faggots, I'd be willing to come along with whatever's left to a new home provided its faster than x4 to make up for wasted time on this autist's spiral turd server

wurm-unlimited.com/server/1030/\
wurm-unlimited.com/server/28/
wurm-unlimited.com/server/1008/
wurm-unlimited.com/server/1032/\

These servers all look >promising

There's low downtime and most of them have some decent mods and skill gain. I don't know if they're pirate friendly, however, and I don't know if they'll tolerate our shenanigans.

No way to tell if they're pirate friendly right off the bat?

I'm not particularly sure. If there's a way to tell, I'm not aware.

Can you pop in and talk to the GMs?

None of those work.

How can we tell?

Yeah. Someone needs to just host a server. We'll have much more control that way and it'll be much more likely that we won't have to worry about downtime.

That's a lot to ask of someone though. Do we even have any fags around with the rig strength and bandwidth?

I've got a GTX970 and an i7 4790k but my net's not great and I don't know how to host/set up a wurm server

I think the bandwith is the biggest hurdle. I think most of us are on NEET net.

Another problem is just server population in general. We will have no doubt lost a lot of people in the transition and a server just to ourselves sounds boring. We need normals to bully or maybe split into factions but we might not have the population for that.

Ridiculous PvE danger would make up for the lack of pvp. Is there any way we can mod monsters to damage walls? but not buildings so we're not totally fucked

And user, I think you'd be surprised at how many would migrate. We've got something nice going on here in Brosmouth and it would be a shame to lose it

They already do, just infrequently.

Just need a game with Factorio enemies but in a mmo rpg format

Also to add on, spawn rates would have to be higher on monsters if we went down the difficult pve route. It would make roads a necessity and occasional guard towers along the path must. NPC towns could probably be set up with decent incentive to trade between them.

What we really need are monsters that roam in packs instead of by themselves.

Fuck that, if you're going to go that far you might as well go all the way. Defend your shit or lose it. Make stone houses and git a militia going.

Ayy, lets do it then. What else? "Boss" monsters? Dungeons?

We really need more skill gain and action time, also. something between 5x-8x.

As for everything else, it's not like it's hard to make a map. We don't need a "starting city" we just need lots of resources to harvest and lots of shit to fight so that we actually need guards/monhuns.

Stealing so the true jewery can begin.

I mean I love you faggots and all, but I'd like some incentive to have to hide my shit/others to do the same if they ever felt the need.

Course this wouldnt be an issue if there were other people on the server

I think 5x+ would be fine for a short while so that people could get back some of what they lost in the transition a bit faster without getting burnt out.

Traps would actually become useful too. We could have people posted as town patrol to find nig nogs like this and tracking would actually work out.

this all sounds like retard talk unless someone says they will host the rest of this bullshit doesnt matter until then.

Update was posted in skype hours ago incase anyone missed it pic related

and i was thinking i doubt they will go turbo jew enough to confiscate people's money they already have ingame so you guys should be able to fund a deed until everyone is bored of this shit anyway

Bet he'll be done soon. =3

This map is useless without knowing where the spawn is, like 95% of people on the server settled in the immediate area around Liberty spawn.

Needs some rivers.

shit wont even look like that when hes done apparently so i dont know why he even posted it

He actually did work. Holy shit. The map looks like ass though. More of that needs to be broken up by deep water.

idk wtf it actual is, he said test map

what did he mean by this

This.
At least he said it was a first draft.
He still just needs to pull his head out of his ass and use a map gen one.

Needs more rivers for boats to travel through.

smh fam idk either like wtf lmao

that's literally a square of land with some lakes. makes boats pretty fucking shit

Needs to have higher mountains and more rivers.

Hopefully some of those hills are actually not traversable so you either have to get tunnels going or just deal with the fact you can't go in every direction.

rivers and mountains for mai dwarf fort

Time to go full Riverworld on this bitch

Unsure if legit. These could be faked, you know, like the "I am going to shut the server down" thing.

yeah its irc logfiles no way to prove its real

but hes the unedited logs, thats kinda alot of fanfic for a troll nigga pastebin.com/a5b5Urvh

On a totally unrelated not, Life Is Feudal is currently $9.14 on the hundle with a bunch of other games.

I'm able to host a server for that.

ALL I'M SAYING is that it's a similar game. Terraforming, survival, ye olde peasantry, and shit. There's way less depth but it's still a steal for $9.14 with a bunch of other games when it's currently like 30 bucks on steam.

soyoustart.com/ie/offers/sys-ip-2.xml

I've been using these guys as a server for the past year or so. Haven't had a second of downtime. I'd host it on mine, but I kind of need it for my websites.

Not this exact build. That's about $40 a month for what can should be able to host a Wurm server.

We would have to entice some normalfags to join us, though. Bullying ourselves isn't fun. Also, nonzero-chance we'll be hit by hatespeech laws. If we do decide to pool our neetbux, we might choose to rent an American server.

What do you goys think? I'll gladly amass your… I mean, our shekels

when I last played, it was uglier and less optimized than wurm but that was a year or two ago

kek

I think we've had 30 on before. 20-30 or there abouts.

Hell there are 90 on the Wyvern server right now.

it's not he same unless some shady fucker is hosting this shit on a taped together hot-rock

But wyvern is 3x skillgain and 5x action timer, wurm itself 1x or 2x.

Just face it that wurm's gameplay isn't an attractive one to most people and the only reason anyone plays it is due to its rather unique way of simulating "life"

Shit. What's the port for the server we're currently on? I was testing others and lost the info.

Personally i'm way into the idea of these kinds of games. It reminds me a little of unreal world. Anything that lets me fell some trees and build my own little hunting cabin is alright in my book until i get to the point where i'm surviving easily for a while and quit out of boredom

>until i get to the point where i'm surviving easily for a while and quit out of boredom
That's always the problem with these games, and wurm in particular. The difficulty curve is the wrong way around.

Yeah i'm fully expecting to lose interest soon after my house is built. Still i'm along for the ride until then.

happy merchant here again, I'll match whatever you guys contribute up to $5 american greenbacks total :^)

Seriously though, $30 would be enough to buy a clunker. $80 would get us a 32G Xeon D-1520 w/ two SSDs and a private network, which is definitely overkill.

[email protected]/* */

no better than the current kikey admins eh

Man I was just mentioning that Wurm is more populated than that guy thought.

I'd entertain the idea of setting up a server myself but I live in Australia so everyone would be a 300-400 ping.

Never ever.

Give it a shot. Ping shouldn't matter that much since you can queue up actions.

h-haha, yeah, who would bed for money to host a pirated game

so jew im encumbered nigga

Should I be afraid?

w-wut

I just forgot about Australian hardware prices.

You should donate to me :^) It'll help keep the meme machine up and running so we don't lag when posting dank shiggy diggys

it never ends

no, goy, send your hard earned shekels this way. I make beautiful land after I spend 1-4 weeks on a spiral mountain

[15:47] Guys, can you not be anti-semetic? I'm a jew and it's not cool.
[15:47] Neither were the ovens
[15:48] Razgah, that's not cool.
[15:48] Cool down with a nice shower

Holocaust jokes are okay if you don't believe in it, right? You should double check with him.

100/10

6,000,000/10

I don't see h-
oh

They're funnier if you believe in it.

Fellow Knight Crusaders,

I have donned the fabled seryll armor so that I might lead you better from the front of the line. If you are lost in battle just look for the red helmet and know that I am between you and the enemy's vicious grasp.

ok red power ranger

oh boy, what QL is that stuff so i can laugh at you

[05:38:21] wew 5 trolls
[05:38:33] no make that… 9
[05:39:27] wew 12 now hot damn
[05:39:32] Northeast? ARe you suggesting it's time for… A CRUSADE?

Troll killing crusade when?

Fuck, can the guy that manages the village add bengarrison to brosmouth storage's (the 1x1x2 building) permissions?

I allowed the village to manage permissions of my shit building and I'm now locked inside.

so can anyone give me the quick and dirty? i've been away a couple days

best ive gathered from the past couple hundred posts or so is that there's a test map (which isn't great, no real rivers or mountains, no ocean access, everything is landlocked) and something about hosting a better server. So is the server not up? The map still isn't ready and people can't play at the moment?

we're currently playing on the fucked map, preparing and waiting for the new map to be available to boat to.

The map is broken, so we're sailing, yes sailing, to a new map because that's how it works. But that new map isn't ready yet so we're gathering supplies and turning animals in JRR Tolkiens and grinding skills and shit.

It's how servers are normally connected. Wurm online used to have three servers, two PVE and a PVP in the middle.

In the MMO you are always under constant worry that monsters can spawn directly near you, this feature is disabled on the pirate server for some reason but it catches a lot of newbies off guard who hasn't set up their shelter.

I hate grinding paving. Packing dirt in a giant square is boring.

Someone better fucking ask me to install some marble floors so this will have been worth it.

I'd rather donate to fund an 8ch server. Does wurm by itself really need a server with the specs of ?

I doubt it, they run the server on a potato
the worse machine of all of the machines connected on the server is the actual server

anyone (that have a good internet connection) could host it, but they would have to buy it (I doubt you can't just pirate the server software though)

I went and looked at VPS pricing, and I think what suggested is actually pretty good. I mean, for 30$/month we could get a VPS with 3gb ram from ramnode or something, but then for 40$ you get way better shit than that from what user linked, so I dunno.

you can probably use the most bottom of the barrel 10$ virtual machine to run a wurm server

The russian one is pirated isn't it? We could just ask them where they got it.

I dunno, how much ram does running a wurm server use?

'testing new map features i invented'

gm confirmed faggot

Checked ramnode again, 1gb ram is 7$/month and 2gb ram is 14$/month, 3 is 21$ and so on and so on.

Idea was was dead before you said it.

Dude what if
what if the entire island is a spiral

ive mentioned it before, but unless someone here has experience running a wurm server, hosting it ourselves is out of the question. also, you'd have to figure out how to get pirated copies to work with it.

i.imgur.com/QXVF0QJ.png

actually not so bad of a map feature

interesting map features instead of random mountains and plains seems like it'll be a better map this time

If the maps were bigger it might be cool to have a spiralling archipelago but at this size they'd probably feel too small and generic.

I mean server hosting in general, but im sure wurm has its own quirks

needs some smoothing, but looks good

I could try setting it up, but I can't host it at all

I could try to make some sort of 'tutorial' for someone who can host to do it

I hosted an OpenTTD server for a while, if that counts.

More clay pits, please. Geez.

There was an item that can create clay tiles
I don't remember where I've seen about it

But it was as rare as artifacts or some shit like that

it is a transmutation potion, which is an alchemy product that also has to blessed by a priest

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)
This sounds OP as fuck. We can just dump sand in the middle of the village and get a clay tile? Guess we know what to craft while they're setting up the map.

yeah, having a clay and a tar tile just chillin would be dope as shit

If any of you goys still want to grab animals for yourself, I spotted several untaken bulls and horses directly north of the Brosmouth ruins. Everything along the way was claimed by Artorias, and I had to dodge a lot of trolls.

APPLE TREES ARE RIPE RIGHT NOW, TIME TO GET LOTS OF IT

FIX YOUR WEBSITE SEATBOUNDSHYLOCK

Can you mod the legit version of this game?
Also, what client mods are the most important to have?

I've seen people mention mods a few times in this thread, but without specifics, and there's no mention of mods in the OP.

livemap and improved improve
probably

However, I don't know if they work on vanilla at all

the current server also seems to have some digging mod in effect that automatically drops what you dig on the ground for you into a neat pile.

Regular WU doesn't have this, instead you dig until you're at capacity and drop the dirt. I'm not sure if levelling in regular WU takes items directly from tiles you're standing on or not either.

I want to make progress and build shit but I don't want to put time into a map that's going to be fucking wiped. I also don't want the guys to try and jew us like this.

What do we do? Are we hosting our own or staying in ruskieland?

That sounds pretty good.
Is there any kind of "repeat last command" mod out there? Constantly right-clicking and navigating drop down menus every 6 seconds just to do the same thing is kind of annoying.

Yes you can. I play with these nice fellas with a modded legit client.

Can we ever have something nice without someone trying to jew the fun out of it?

If you're talking about key bindings, it's possible in game. Just type "bind [key] [command from commands list on wurmpedia]" in console.

Oh, I didn't know you could do macros, that'll do.
I was thinking more about a way to just do something like "mine forward repeat x20" and then sit back and sip coffee while it tears down the wall. Macro is fine, though.

DE TROLLE IS SLAYE

Can we ban Nkdragunov already? He's an obnoxious spic who can't stop being a faggot in chat.

Rude people breaking my gates
at least he seem to not have taken anything
I wonder if it was not the same dude who took my iron anvil and *Might have* gotten stuck ever since I put the lock on the game

I think this cow is still alive.

There's no good way to ban him. He could settle near any village we make. We could grief his shit but that gives him attention.

You realize he's doing it for attention, don't you? Stop talking to him. Stop replying to him. Ignore him and he will get worse and worse to invoke a reaction and if nobody ever replies he will stop. Just ignore him.

Dude exodus lmao

At the very least Kriegerr could boot him out of village chat.

Kriegerr is non-confrontational. He's the kind of autist you want running the server, not policing it. He doesn't want to piss in anyone's cornflakes. That's the vibe I get off him at least.

"/ignore Nkdragunov"

That won't stop him from being a faggot in chat, that's just hiding in your safespace.

I bet he self-inserts as the trap when he reads hentai.

Learn how to use the crafting window
youtube.com/watch?v=eaOxhxEo4Z4

[19:57:44] just noticed on live map, I made Freedom dock into a lake.. unable to sail out :3

8ch server when?

Why, its always crusade time.

Nah, there's a few people that have caused us issue and some that are just down-right retarded that I'd love to see gone but in the end something like that isn't my call and isn't very neighborly. I'll just give them shit in chat instead.

Besides, when did all of this become my job? I'm just a blacksmith.

See image

How fucking retarded can he be? As well as that, you guys already made a dock that seems way better. I don't even fucking know who made the third dock anymore.

DUDE WEMP LMAO?

Yeah, he's not exactly the brightest bulb in the cookie drawer.