Battlefield 1942 is now abandonware

battlefield 1942 is now abandonware.

that means its completely legal to download because the owners of the software doesn't support it anymore, something along those lines, but basically free geam.

DOWNLOADS

myabandonware.com/game/battlefield-1942-7qn

team-simple.org/download/battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe

maybe if we can get enough anons together we can create a server to play on. the servers see around 300+ people but they mostly stick to main

Other urls found in this thread:

par.nofate.me/
battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654787641411871/
kat.cr/battlefield-1942-wwii-anthology-hd-t7386429.html
forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/downloads.php
team-simple.org/download/bf1942_lnxded-1.612-patched.tar.gz
battlefield2142.co
battlelog.co/
moddb.com/mods/fhrmod/downloads/widescreen-and-no-compatibility-patch-for-fh
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01586869698834465845
moddb.com/mods/forgotten-hope/downloads/forgotten-hope-07-full-win7
steamcommunity.com/groups/RadicalWeekends
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fucking shit.

also the music in this game is great, also can conform that it runs through wine perfectly for those gnuslashlinuxfags out there.

BF with Holla Forums when

SOON

Dank as fuck

i really hope an user with good internet connection could make a server, i would do it but i live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

been looking up how to create a server and its just what i expected my internet is to shit its a glide ffest out here.

also jesus christ this song, it really gets you in the mood for battle.

Is it just me or are poorer-graphics games cozy as fuck if they're good at least?

I remembered we tried to play Forgotten Hope 2 and it was a trainwreck because some couldn't find the server. And because I'm retarded and don't know how to install, I don't even know how to install Stalker mods so hopefully no mods.

I think they have clearer look because there's very little visual noise.

Graphics back then were crisper, today graphics look like clay models with smeared paint, I think the best advancement in graphics was S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because while it looked shitty and static-filter it was heading in the right direction and I'd rather take a long time for good graphics then just cut the generic Playdoh look.

OP is underage faggot

I`l see if I can get around setting up a server and create a ready to go repack in the near future.

That's how Project Reality became standalone you stupid nigger, EA dropped support all support for BF2.

EA literally took it down from origin theres no other places to get this game, meaning it was abandoned. abandoned software is abandonware you cock sucking faggot.

They did?

oh. ok yes I'm stupid please rape my anus etc. etc.

Oh wow, is this new?

As of recently (a year ago?), they just did, though it's still accessible if you owned it for free in the first place.
If you do have it but can't stand launching origin, here: par.nofate.me/

so to those who already download it what server are you playing on?

I still have my GOTY collection edition thing… so what now? I recall the netcode being horrible.

if you already have the game than just download the patch, run it then go to the multiplayer window in the game and hit update, the servers should show up.

It was already released as freeware in 2012, they took it down because EA was too retarded to provide an alternative to GameSpy. They also did the same with the old Medal of Honors.

We tried to host a few months back but the server kept crashing on the host's PC.

NIGGUH LES GOOOOOOOOO

SET IT UP LADS, MAKE SOME INFOGRAPHS

When does 2142 become abandonware?

And you think that means any fucking thing for copyright law?
It is not legal to download it yet. It will take about another 81 years (look forward to 2097) for you to be able to download it legally from any source.
Copyright law does not require you to make a product available to keep your copyright law.

Abandonware only means that it no longer is supported in any way, shape or form by its former producer, it does not have any legal implications.
What you are doing is in the end, still piracy.

So, who cares?

you say tomato i say free games.

Effectively two weeks after it launched, based on the shitass patches EA begrudgingly shat out for it.

dethklokclan.enjin.com/forum/m/1411244/viewthread/14790482-bf2142-152-update-heres-how-you-do

EA and DICE have both declared the base game of Battlefield 1942 is free due to their 10th anniversary as long as it's the origin copy.

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654787641411871/

Thank you for informing me, friend.

You truly are our greatest ally.

I don't care, but lets not act as if its legally free. Its still piracy, just a tad more convenient (sometimes). All I want to indicate is that copyright law is horrible and it should not be supported, as well as how stupid it is. A game like this, with no more commercial support at all, is still under copyright for another 81 years, and thats fucking shit and we as a society should do something about that. You should not feel bad about pirating a game (only if you actually want to give the dev money). It is not theft. Copyright law is the thing that is stealing from society, not the other way around.

Sure, but that means absolutely nothing for the legallity of the download in the OP. Just because they give it away for free somewhere, don't support it anywhere else and whatever else they may chose to do, means nothing, at all, in the eyes of copyright law.

While abandonware does not have a legal status it does generally mean that the company doesn't care enough to even bother sending a DMCA / C&D to people who distribute those for free, so it could be taken as a tacit approval from the copyright holder meaning it's basically good.

Vidya rustic is the coziest thing ever.

What is this Judaism

That is true. All I am saying is that OP is wrong. You can not now legally download BF1942 from his source. Only from origin ( if you even can or possibly any other online retailer that still has the rights to do so, but I don't think there are any).
In my opinion, do as you please. Copyright law shouldn't exist.

Nobody should ever feel guilty about pirating a 14 year old game. But for the law, its still piracy.

the goyim know.

its not legal and you're right about not being guilty for pirating a 14 year old game, but as this user said
its kinda like the company saying.

user, its EA.
EA will find a way to milk it more, sooner or later. I do not believe EA has ever, about anything, said "We don't think we can make more money on this". Especially not something that has been as popular as BF1942. They already used it to promote origin once, they will find a new way. It is not legal to download the game from OPs source, and everybody here should understand that and hate copyright law for it being so shit to make it a reality that you cannot download a 14 year old game, which has no support left from its original company whatsoever, legally anywhere. That is wrong, and just because there is a good chance EA will not sue on this (until they find another reason to whip out BF1942 and harvest more shekels), we should not ignore how bad copyright law is.

This doesn't matter in the slightest.
Stop with the concern trolling.

Holy shit guys project reality has had the BF2 files for fucking years, calm your tits.

Shills are around because it's E3.

Once again, I am not concerned about piracy. I am concerned that people will ignore the shittiness of copyright law and not stand up against it when the time comes. Who here thinks its a good idea that a game, released today, will be under copyright for 95 years (that is, if made by a company, if its made by a single person, it will be under copyright for the life of the developr + 70 years. With the US average life expectancy being 76 for a man, if you made a game when you were 20, on average it will be under copyright for 136 years. How many of you that want to make a game yourself will license it in a way that it becomes public domain after a certain time? Probably barely anybody even thought about that. And that is something we have to work on. Ensure that the community you may one day create if you make a game, has the ability to outlive your own interest in that game. Stop stupid copyright. Think about sensible lisences for any content you create.

Law is set by precedent if someone gets sued over shit like this that's the time you stand up to it ,moron.

Like hell you aren't.
These are all your own words on the matter.
Fuck off with the bullshit.

Techincally wouldn`t you mean proto-lawyers.

Yes. If you can read, I am concerned about the fact that it is considered piracy. That is the problem. Go and read my last message again, if its not clear enough that I am in fact against copyright, then I don't know how to make that clear to you. Stop reading just the first sentence of a post, you fucking faggot.

Law is also created in congress or other similar bodies in other nations. And every now and then there is an option to influence that and we should all be ready to jump at the possibility. Has anybody here ever mailed their senator? When the european union did a poll about how they should do future copyrigth, did anybody of you here answer it? We should not wait until it gets in court. Court determines if the law is upheld. And only every so often it will make any opinion if the law itself is just. It is very rare for this to happen and requires a very huge and lengthy court battle, usually all the way up to the supreme court.

What are TPP threads newfag.

They are pretty good, although they are a circle jerk most of the time, as well as nearly every time they devolve into non TPP related politics. Also, I am much more interested in TTIP, but that one at least looks like it will have a hard time to pass in the EU.
Either way, the general knowledge and understanding of copyright law is still very fucking small on this board (probably bigger than on any other of the bigger boards except maybe Holla Forums).

any suggestions for the info graph?

gonna host later today or tomorrow, with FH
was pretty fun last time
also need to fix the fucking crashes somehow

if i crash from staying up for 2 days and miss e3 and then miss playing 1942 with Holla Forums i'm gonna jump off a bridge.

I'm pretty sure downloading is not the illegal part. Redistributing is.

that's not very Bane of you, ya la-la homo faggots

i love it when the fire rises but if it crashes every time you change the map shit gets pretty annoying

Just played a game, and I was completely shit. Couldn't hit anything. At one point I was attempting to snipe, and after firing 40 rounds or so I did not get a single kill.

hosted a temp server, thinking if we should do FH or stay with vanilla
direct conenct

(checked) what would the difference be between them? Don`t both require the public IP of the server to be given out?

well FH is more "realistic" and overall brings a better experience
also the server mode is co-op because we dont have enough people for pvp yet
getting FH and hosting in about 10 minutes

game
kat.cr/battlefield-1942-wwii-anthology-hd-t7386429.html
crack
team-simple.org/download/bf1942-v1.612-retail-patched.zip
mod
server IP
don't try no funky business with it tho otherwise there aint gonna be no servers in a long time
connection speed pic related

Hopefully I can join later tomorrow. Personally single player >> Co-op >>>>>>>>>>> Multi-player.

yeah i'll bring it up tomorrow too probably
bots are kind of dumb imo but whatever we dont usually get enough players for PvP

Forgotten Hope Mod Standalone when?

Also Transformers Mod and Galactic Conquest?

I can't find the server IP in the list. Is there another way to connect?

Got both Battlefield 1942 and 2 collections for a couple of bucks at a second hand shop. Feels good (not spending money, but owning complete sets). All I'm missing now is Vietnam and I'll have all the good Battlefield games (already have Bad Company 2 on Steam and I've never liked 2142).

the server is down right now
mod takes quite a fucking while to download
i can host vanilla in the meantime though

Okay

Is there no GNU/Linux version of the server?

gonna run a vanilla server in about 15 minutes
mod hasnt downloaded yet, don't choose the torrent method

i hosted a listen server so it should be possible to host
i'm gonna switch to the dedicated soon anyway

team-simple.org/download/bf1942_lnxded-1.612-patched.tar.gz

hosted a vanilla server for now
name's Holla Forumsshittery

I still don't see it ;_;

the dedicated server actually worked, now you don't have to experience ~999 ping every time i alt-tab
if you don't see the server on the list just go add server > type the IP in > connect
also i'm gonna start namefagging to not confuse anyone with my IP jumping

So when can I play 2142 Titan mode with Holla Forums?

I want to see you fucks panic when I aloha snackbar my Titan in to the enemies titan.

downloaded the mod, gonna install and switch the server to FH probably

I get an error when I try to download the game.

does this include secret weapons of world war 2?

installed FH
hit the thread if you want me to host, right now it seems like no one doesn't give a shit

Im FH installing now

Never mind I got it to work. Downloading FH now.

how come Battlefield 1 appeared on the pirate sites right after E3 presentation?

Aw, fuck yeah. Forgotten Hope with you fags was fun as fuck, especially when the teams got split up on the first Pacific map and the fucking nips won.

I'm game for skipping Microshit's EA conference if it means more of that.

It's only 9:20 on the East coast on a Monday. Give it a little bit and people will get on assuming it isn't another crashfest.

i fucking hate time zones
but i'll wait anyway its not like i need sleep

I made that mistake once, whatever the average age of users is gets halved when you are playing vidya.

These. How long will you guys be on? I work from 11-1 then have to go back around 4.

well i'll be around for at least 10 more hours or maybe more
gonna continue tomorrow too and maybe later depending on the player count we'll get

despite me being a tryhard faggot we mostly play for fun so i don't get your concern
but sometimes i overdo it like i did last time we played SWAT4

What about Battlefield Vietnam? Is that or will it be abandonware?

I wanna shoot some gooks.

so true, especially regarding pharmaceuticals and gmos.

You sound like a welfare baby.

Probably soon. Last I checked there was only one server with active players, but that was over a year and a half ago.

Playing as a gook scout with the SKS and bouncing betties was fun as fuck, especially on Operation Cedar Rapids in the tunnels

WEW

easy there schlomo

It was literally released for free.

they made command and conquer free, so why not this?

lol

gonna host when i'm finished with configuring it
hope y'all downloaded FH already

Got any other links for Forgotten Hope?
None of those work

well it's their official website, they should work
haven't uploaded it anywhere else
also the server is online with ~100 bots
the IP is 176.213.77.233

Bump.

guess the e3 is more fun than video games
but we got the server working fine with up to 128 player limit
i'll go play something else for now, gonna be bumpin the thread every once in a while

battlefield2142.co

The full game is available to download and the installer is setup so you can go straight to playing

Start making threads and spread the word like wildfire fellow user. I've been meaning to do the same but I'm usually busy playing the actual game.

Bump.

looks like we're back.

man this was the worst time to make this thread,during e3,while under ddos by freechan, i just wanted to play a great battlefield game with Holla Forums.

This. I can never figure out what the fuck I'm looking for half the time in modern games.

why do game devs think that smearing the screen makes the game look better?

Disregard my stupidty, the game doesn't ignore spaces on the empty blanks so I can't type shit into it.

It doesn't mean anything of the sort.

"Abandonware" is not a legal concept. It is a spineless attempt by more shameful-minded pirates to conflate morality with legality. There may certainly exist moral justifications to be made for piracy, but just because you’re unsure whether or not someone owns the rights to something is not a legal warrant to pirate it. And even worse, just because someone isn’t -selling- something does not mean they’re fine with you having it. This is in fact one of the rights that copyright law exists to protect: the integrity of an idea. Copyright protects the ability to sell an idea exclusively for money just as well as it does to hoard that idea.

By the way Battlelog has had the complete Battlefield 2 for download for months now as well and EA doesn't seem to give a shit. There's always several servers up full of 64 players.

battlelog.co/

Such a shame this turd killed Quake Wars. If only we had known DICE would die right after… Perhaps we would have taken more care of this genre.

Thanks user. I remember the Dethklok servers being mentioned in some videos and stuff. Based guys I guess. Either way I'm to drunk to fully figure out what to do after it asks for the codes. I'de ask for help but it's probably really obvious and I'm to out of it to ask.

Thanks for the link. If I ever get this shit running I'll make a thread out of it. Albeit the last time I played this game was years ago back when the community was still alive and I've lost a lot of my touch on strategic first person shooters.

Not even kidding, when I say that if they had never changed their theme song at all, I'd probably still be buying Battlefield games. This shit always got me so pumped for playing.

Sorry for reposting the embed. Have some somewhat classic cringy content of 2142 as a result. This shit is embedded in to my nostalgic video library.

read the thread we already talked about copy right laws i agreed it wasn't legal, but since its a 14 year old game who cares.

also i titled the thread abandonware because i couldn't think of a reason to make this thread at the time.

yea the title screen slaughter always got me pumped back in the day.

thats the good type of cringe.

This game was my life for about 2 years. I have as much as I can remember. Which isn't much sadly because I was a wageslave alcoholic at the time. This game probably kept me from suicide more than once. I remember playing knife only servers and laughing at the faggots on CS when they said they were masters at knife servers.

I feel like a dying race

i remember the day i got this game i use to play it non stop. skipping sleep,meals and ignoring my friends and family, so don't worry user, even though it doesn't seem like there are still a lot of us out there.

Knife and pistol only servers were so great. It took me a while to learn the dolphin diving knife attack.

don't worry user i got you.

Are there any active servers still around? Never played this but poured a good 50+ hours on BF2.

the community support for this game is strong there are often 300+ people online, thats a lot for a 14 year old game.

I hear their oldfags who love to help new members to. God bless autists and their infatuation with superior older titles.

I'm downloading some of the necessary patches required to play with them now but I figured I'de boot up the game to play on Singleplay for the hell of it. I'm remembering why I miss this game so much. God damn that menu music has so much sorrow and feeling in it.

I didn't ask for this unforgivable nostalgia when I'm drunk and vulnerable
Kill me Pete

Always wanted to play this.
Thanks for the link user!

Quake Wars was shit mate.

Not as shit as 2142.

I had gotten it for free from a friend. Never finished it.

Leave

y'all faggots dead yet?
should i bring up the server today?

bump

is anyone playing right now, im installing part 2 of 3 for forgotten hope

as you can see the shit's dead as my hopes for humanity
we can get like 4-5 people including you right now
hit the thread once you're done so i can host

got it up and running

Not sure if you're still around to read this but just go to the folder where the game was installed and search for "keys"

You'll find a notepad file with an asston of keys. Just use one. Also you do have to create an account through the game the first time you play but afterwards it's just like logging in normally.

The first time you play you'll have to join the server manually by IP. After that you can add it to your favorites from the history tab and you're good to go. I'll be checking back in periodically as long as the thread lives so feel free to leave any questions.

startin it
look for Holla Forumsshittery on the server list
might be laggy for first 10-15 minutes cause PC is loaded with other shit but it's temporary

Cool.
Can we download it with secret weapons aswell?

isn't co-op disabled there?
i'd love to play it but we rarely get enough people for a fun pvp game

No prob. The game during peak gets around 20-40ish players and during off hours has anywhere between 5-10. The good thing is when it's less than 20 (i think) it fills the servers with bots so the server never really feels dead.

god damn forgotten heroes keeps crashing

same for me
piece of asshole of a game
gonna change the map

Turn on XP compatibility mode for bf1942.exe and in the folder there is also a blackscreen.exe it needs Win 98 mode.

i have the bf.exe file set to xp and blackscreen.exe to 98 and forgotten heroes still crashed before while loading a room or match

Get the compatibility fix only from this and replace the old objects.rfa.

moddb.com/mods/fhrmod/downloads/widescreen-and-no-compatibility-patch-for-fh

JUST

welp the server killed itself without a crash message
restarting

Server back.

is everyone playing on a single server? or is everyone playing forgotten hope?

i got forgotten heroes to start working without shitting itself, now the problem is that it doesn't want show any servers for multiplayer

downloading forgotten hope right now you faggots better be on.

Did you get the Gamespy patch in OP. Hit update in the server list if you did.

We're playing Forgotten Hope, server's Holla Forumsshittery

Where are you faggots get in for BANZAI.

I'm still downloading

almost finished dl will be in soon

Man I keep getting DC'd after a few minutes

some dinky ass bullshit with the disconnecting, dunno what causes
i'll change the limit back to 64 maybe my pc just doesn't like being raped

BUMP
We're having a great US vs. Fatherland fight going on right now, feel free to join the autism.
Server name is Holla Forumsshittery and we're playing with Forgotten Hope.

downloading the mod atm

Server seems pretty stable for now.

HURRY UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT

fugg stuck with a laptop toaster for the week.

how shit is that laptop that you can't even play a 14 year old game.

oh shit nigga, its that old? gunna torrent it now.

I got it working. Thanks though user.

Come join me faggots. I'm shit because I'm so rusty and I have a constant ping of 150 but otherwise it's pretty fucking fun. Though I'm using a laptop so I can't use any F keys.

Was fun lads, will play with you again sometime

t.benis

Who got disconnected.

I keep forgetting it keeps your embed after you post.

It keeps saying the map can't be found

join then instantly crash

FUCK

Are people still gonna be around for this tomorrow?

Did you get Forgotten Hope?

Set main game to Windows 98 compatibility mode, in the folder there is also some thing called blackscreen set that to Windows XP.

Forgotten Hope is kinda dicks, tbh fams.

No, I'll look around for it

wew

Bump.

happens when the server is changing maps, just reconnect

goin pretty smooth right now, could use more players

It says that everytime tho

happened to me pretty often
now i just alt-tab after then game ends and it seems fine, dunno how to deal with that

If so many people are having trouble downloading Forgotten Hope, why not host vanilla 1942 instead?

Cus Russians using MP18s and Brits with BARs.

game crashed i think i'm done with this game for tonight.

FHSW is awesome. But there's only that one crapty EU server for it.

This one?

yes thats the mod don't forget to do what says or the game gonna keep crashing.

Thanks.

halp i can't get back on the server anymore the game is set to windows 98 compatibility mode windows xp compatibility mod and it just crashes when i press join server.

Hang on.

Britbongs not even once.

still runnin, still managing to lose
the compatibility is quite fucked - win98 gives you lags, winXP may crash your game. the fix might help like it helped me, at least you will be able to play the game, but it may still crash.
at least this time the whole server is not collapsing along with me

still runnin, still managing to lose
the compatibility is quite fucked - win98 gives you lags, winXP may crash your game. the fix might help like it helped me, at least you will be able to play the game, but it may still crash.
at least this time the whole server is not collapsing along with me

Reminder to avoid alt tab if you're on fullscreen patch. If you're going to do so - press ESC/game menu before going alt tab.

Yeah, also, the loading times are ass-long.
Shittons of new features, though.

me too

restarting it, forgot to turn fucking kicking on TKing off
also gonna turn on the kill cam
jim fix ur shit

I'm going to sleep. See you fags tomorrow

aight so probably shutting down for today
had plenty of fun and a bit of ptsd, but still hope that we'll get more people
see ya tomorrow lads

to bad i couldn't play as much due to all the crashing hope i have more luck tomorrow.

them trips
we're testing the win7 fix shit now, maybe will find a way to reduce the chance of crashing

BREAKING NEWS
our handy mr. weed fixed the crashing issue, at least for me with my 40% chance of crashing on map change
here's the shit: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01586869698834465845
wat do:
remove any compatibility settings you've set up but leave the adming rights thing checked
run the batch that doesn't have 'u' in the end of its name with admin rights the 'u' one is for uninstalling in case it doesnt work
if it says that the operation is successful 6 times - you're good
and with that off our chests i'll go hit the bed
hopefully it will fix the crashing issue for everyone because it's pure bullshit

If anyone could test it vs. without it with XP compatibility mode on BF1942.exe and BlackScreen.exe to see if it reduces crash it would be nice.

What can I expect from this game?

PTSD.

Anybody from 'Straya and Asia? I don't want to be forced to play with high lag.

bump

server's 400kms from Moscow
and i dunno if we have any aussies around tbh, the same goes for asians
not even sure if we have anyone with decent connection speed

ERRY TIME U CUNT

Anyone else have problems getting into the server?

ready to get this shit started whenever ya want
make sure to apply the fix if you're having crashes too often
there's still a small chance but i crashes only when i restarted the game so it's harmless now

Comfy rides.

am asian gook, I don't mind staying on EU/burg servers tbh.
It's not that I have a choice on having asian servers besides Jap servers, even then, nips are circlejerkfags that my latency isn't allowed in their servers.

server's up, look for Holla Forumsshittery on the server list

Any mods?

Is there any way to get rid of all of the fancy crap like the menu video and the loading screen in FH?

Forgotten Hope

Post a link pl0x, the one in the thread doesn't work for me

I'd much rather play battlefield vietnam.

is there any way we can bring that game back to life?

You can try renaming background.bik in the FH movies folder but the loading screens not really and some of the maps don't even have them.

you guys paying right now? got tired of getting carpet bombed to hell and back on bf2

they do work, we didnt upload it anywhere else

yep, server name's Holla Forumsshittery and the mod is FH

would also like to play BF:V loved that game

Play Special Forces, people are trying to get that going again. No jet whores in SF.

Is the server down already?

nah it's up and runnin
just finished a tenk map

What's it called then?
Can't find Holla Forumsshittery

my fucking game just uninstalled it self what the fuck.

i just always put "Holla Forums" and the server would show up.

But on Forgotten Weapons, right?
I still can't find it, can you post the IP or something?

forgotten hope, not weapons
but anyway the ip is 188.235.87.136 for direct connection

Right

9 mins until FH is done downloading. Never played 1942 back in the day, let's see if an old dog can learn some new tricks.

I was playing yesterday and I live in Australia, was a bit of lag but still somewhat playable.

I'm sure someone hosting on the west coast of NA would be better but eh, what can you do?

Goddamnit

shouldn't be happening, try again
shit's operational and has 6 players at the moment

Wait nevermind, if I add that IP and favourite it I can join that way. I'm guessing the IP changed making my old favourite obsolete.

well shit, the server decided to kill itself
gonna restart and remove the 1x2 balance since there are smart asses joining allies all the time to make sure the teams are even

Aaaand crash.

Seriously. This shit was working fine yesterday.

ded serb

Oh server died? That might explain it.

How do i connect to the server?
Do i just put the IP in the add server?

go to add server and type the IP in
then just connect directly or try adding it to the list
you did install the server patch right?

I did.
It keeps saying failed to connect.

did you install forgotten hope mod?

Turns out you can't directly connect to the server, and have to add it to your list instead.

again?

What happened? Server was still working some guys got disconnected.

turned the game around and saved the white race
and now my game crashed

same time tomorrow?

was alright today, for now probably shutting down since everyone left
will host tomorrow again

Anybody got a link for the expansions?

Is forgotten hope more of an authenticity of weapons/equipment/vehicles type mod or does it go for more realism in general with damage models and whatnot?

Warlord is still one my favorite fps map.

More like the former I guess.

More of a drastic and realistic improvement over BF1942.
Realistic as in comparison to BF1942's context.
Realistic damage models for BF1942 isn't possible, unless you're talking about huge battleships with individually operated weapons etc.
Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons adds more features and focuses on secret/rare/never produced stuffs during WW2.
Also worthy of mentioning is that they fixed the rifle cocking/bolting animation.

Not shilling out, but some guy and his community made mumble work with BF1942, though I have doubts that it works on mods.

Also, be sure to check the mod's manual in Battlefield 1942/Mods/FH/MANUAL_AND_README_FOR_FH/
One more thing, you can open/close the rear entrance of trucks by hopping into seat 6 and use the vertical arrow keys, you can finitely stuff more people in this way.

Ian pls

Would I need to do much if I got FH from here?
moddb.com/mods/forgotten-hope/downloads/forgotten-hope-07-full-win7

It should be fine.

So I wouldn't need to tweak it at all, unlike if I got it from the FH website?

anyone lurkan, is the server still up?

doesn't look like it

gonna be up and runnin for a gayming night today

jesus fucking christ

but anyway i'm pretty ready to start this shit
server name remains the same

I'll be there in a coupe of hours, I got to do some things first

update - added a server password so no random tryhard normalfags can get there and be nice to other players
password is infv

yeah it'll be up for the whole night probably, but right now there's some shit going on and some players can't connect
could use more feedback

How about no. We should just play EoD or DCX or something. FH sucks.

Get in lads, we're still operating!

wew gonna be on in a couple minutes.

sorry didn't mean to reply to you m8.

So they released server tools that don't need authentication or something? Was this not possible before? Because that's the only reason I could see it becoming "abandonware" as relevant in any way. I could have fucking torrented it whenever I damn well pleased.

The version released on Origin didn't use CD keys.

anyone else getting this ?

Are people playing now?

There seems to be some people on the server but i can't connect.

Do I need to DL Forgotten Hope too?

Yea thats what the Holla Forums shittery server is using.

Damn, DL won't be finished in time to play today.
Anons should make some sort of timetable so we can get a lot of people together instead of just playing at random times.

Well, we used to organize here:
steamcommunity.com/groups/RadicalWeekends
But it has been dead for some time.

yeah some people were getting this shit too
no idea what caused it but for those people it went off with time, try reconnecting
this is some bullshit i encounter for the first time

yeah we're playing FH
we had a schedule and a steam group and all fancy shit but it fell over and died like fucking soviet union so we just host random shit at random times
and i'm too depressed to be in mood whenever i'm told to do shit

heres some motivation from an user

get off your lazy ass and fix this you faggot.

find me a way to fix first ya whiny shit
and i'm doing my job - hosting a server. whether you can't join or your mom died it's not my problem, if that's what you wanted to talk about
sage for shitposting

jim please
server's empty tho so i'll keep it up for maybe an hour and then shut it down

I seem to be having problems with soldier and flag textures, as they all appear white
I blame Wine for this

you're doing right because i've never heard about that glitch before. are you sure you installed it correctly?
cheers to user who made this

Doing that shit took longer than I thought it would

You faggots better host tomorrow, I want to partake in another Nip vs Burger match.

Bump for tomorrow.

Somebody should make a new thread with a nicer OP.

Is there a good mod that'll make the ai get off it's ass and help me in capture control points in campaign?

bumping for tojo
post screenies