8 missions in. When does it get good?

8 missions in. When does it get good?

When you get to Africa

Personally I think you're at the best part. MGSV has a great hobo phase which would only be better if the level 1 tranq didn't have a silencer. When you start getting more men back to motherbase, it starts getting easy.

When you have to start thinking in meta terms to rationalize why it's good as art, instead of as a video game.

To clarify, it still has some of the best, maybe the absolute best, core gameplay of any MGS game. But then it's basically never used for anything. It's a hollow experience.

If there's a game that needs serious modding, it's MGSV.

reporting all tripfags

?

When you start getting female soldiers and getting pics of there feet

When you HIT THE LEVER

im at the part where you have to destroy some tanks, but i dont have a rocket launcher. what do?

There should be a base with a tank down the road use that.

You're already halfway through.

game feels really bloated. i wish it were about half as long.

Coming from someone who likes the game, if you're not enjoying it 8 missions in, you probably won't enjoy the rest.

MGSV is downhill from the beginning. Chapter 2 is a chore of re-used content.

If you dont enjoy fucking around in the sandbox might as well stop playing.
It only gets worse once you unlock all the broken "animu stealth" gadgets.

Its the best Metal Gear game, but the lazyness shows.

I don't know if you can say that since the game lacked in cool boss fights, or corny 4th wall breaking moments

This is really the saddest part. The game feels like they tried to create a game with nothing but filler gameplay that makes you wonder when you get into the meat of it, only for it to end right there. It has the fat, but no meat.

Such a shame. It's even worse knowing that the engine will never be used for anything else.

At mission one.

Ground Zeroes was so much better than V. If MGSV was made up of 4 or so GZ-tier maps instead of what we got it would've been infinitely better, even if it was shorter.

Not really. He was worse than the Peace Walker fights. I don't think destroying pieces of it would actually affect it, like shooting the rail gun wouldn't stop it from being used.

At least give me something, the game was just so boring because practically nothing cool happened in it.

Also Sahelanthropus was a fun boss fight, but it was the only real one.

You're playing the good part now, tbh

this guy gets it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Look, I'm not gonna bullshit you. It's an objectively awful game. The only way you'll enjoy it if you go in with literally no expectations and you spend your entire playthrough dicking around with the sandbox. That's it. The objectives are terrible, the bosses are terrible, the story is terrible, the only thing that's good is the "message" at the end and the sandbox.

Want to know how I learned to enjoy it? Beat the game the way you want the first time, then drop it. Drop it for a very long time. Then, go back into it but this time spend all your time researching traps and stealth shit. Spend your playthrough being a sneaky motherfucker and get creative setting ambushes and get a little sadistic by fucking with the guards. For example: today I raided some shitter camp, rounded up all the guards and executed them in front of each other. Then, when I got on the last dude, I forced him to lay in the middle of the road while i slowly flattened his head with the truck.

THAT'S how you play the game. Don't waste your time making autistic OP weapons and killing everyone in bases with top equipment. Go in there and fuck shit up the way you think a battle-hardned, piss and vinegar, old fucking PTSD super soldier would if he was thrown in the desert with no plan.

*Their

Be more specific, because that happens like 60 times throughout this piece of shit game.

The game is so much fun when you use only realistic shit. Basic rifle, handgun, smoke and regular grenades, nothing else. Only extract people with the chopper.

It's like learning how to masturbate for the first time with the sandbox in this game. Good fucking suggestion, man.

Game only has like 20 actual missions.

That's more than I can say for DMC4

When you finish the game and realize you don't need to play it anymore.

It takes a little bit, mostly because he like to keep you waiting.

Oh look, another "when does mgsv git gud" thread? Were you guys even around during the time that this game was dropped on the market?