mediafire.com/download/qn9lw68vywc2w83/RandomHoi2.7.rar

Torrents
pastebin.com/Uifyb1dt

Other
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/1gu6P
hoi3wiki.com/Nationalist_China
moddb.com/mods/historical-project-mod/downloads/historical-project-mod-version-0332-for-hod-3
matrixgames.com/
steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/350533172702148849/
my.mixtape.moe/zyodda.hoi3
discord.gg/015OdFukFxoWZKCIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stellaris with the non-biased starts is surprisingly fun. You gotta make the best of what you start with and can't bank on getting 5 core planets right away.

First game as the URSS, it's already '42 and the nazis doesn't seem interested in declaring war. Time to poke them.

Fucking Rommel. Thankfully, his tanks aren't water-eh, blood-proof.

Is that 3 or DH.

His voice really doesn't match his looks

I don't know shit about GSG but I'm glad I will never buy HoI4 and associate with these people

but doesn't it only apply when you have less than one screen per capital? i thought BC and BB were the only ships that count as capital and as such CA would count as a screen? i definitely had more screens than capitals, although i can see now that the rest of naval mechanics become clear why this wouldn't necessarily be as good a fleet as i expected.

i see that is pretty big, although with the 36 of the bb-8 being bumped to 46 with even great war floatplanes + normal fire control, it should be a huge advantage shouldn't it? although, i can't remember if i kitted all the capitals with that.

does this mean having ships with poor range stats will make the range you instantly start at lower, rather than out of range and then approach? if that is the case ill just throw all the obsolete ships in an auxiliary fleet because that would be the worst thing to happen.

so, in essence, it is to make sure your valuable battleships don't get damaged when taking out smaller, inferior fleets with no to little capitals, rather than a decisive battle measure? that makes sense, i really had that wrong then. i guess it's extremely useful for carrier fleets though.

i'll stack more capitals for killing off major fleets next time then, with a few CL and DD to prevent getting absolutely destroyed by a random submarine group

welp, time for battleships and carriers i guess.

this all certainly clears a lot of things up. thanks.

absolutely disgusting. not as but close to as bad as yuro teens not knowing about fucking d-day.

well, what did ya expect? Militias are one of the worst units inthe game, and heavy tanks (when properly supported) are one of the best.

They aren't simple militias, they are super upgraded divisions of MIL/MIL/MIL/AT.

Each province you see in
has a Corps of them.

What I didn't expect was that their HA apparently caps at 10, while I've fought some tanks with 11 armor.

Also, I built nothing else but those MIL divisions. I have no planes to slow their advance, but my units are doing a fairly good job at it.At this point I'm seriously considering retreating everyone to get that nifty 3500 manpower bonus.

Why wouldn't you replace them with infantry? Is it really not worth it?

Oh no, I've seen the math on the Paradox forums and Infantry is better. The only reason for you to use militia is if you have to choose between militia and nothing.

But this is my first URSS game, and I'm expecting to lose, so I decided to do something silly while I learn stuff. For example, I feel cheated because people kept complaining about the logistics of doing Barbarossa, but URSS's western side has nice infrastructure. I expected something closer to South America's.

This is why I stopped following that cuck completely.

How can anyone playing WW2 games NOT know the name Rommel?

Is the Rome game any good? Similar to which other one is it? I want game where I plane as Rome.

WHAT.

Does anybody want to still use the argument that Holla Forums isn't reddit?

It is summer.

The only good thing about HoI4 is that the Panzerlied arrangement in one of the pre-order DLCs is pretty good.

reposting from another thread

This is actually good. The less they remember about WWII, the less likely they’ll care about the holohoax. Eventually young voters will go “Remember the what? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Look at what Israel is doing NOW!”

oy vey

If I wanted to play HOI3 how would I even get started? Like what is important to research early on because the tech tree is so goddamn big compared to vicky it's a little intimidating.

Did not mean to reply to that guy.

Get started with learning how to fix the OoB :^)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alright, so so far I've managed to build a strong enough block of Populist support to elect and keep elected the NPD. During the last days of the Cold War, while Russia was in retreat and America hadn't really dug their claws into eastern Europe yet, I was able to get away with reacquiring all that old German clay in the east and am slowly repopulating it with Germans, since Poland genocided them.

I'm considering ethnic cleansing & mass deportations later on, give the Poles a taste of their own medicine.

Started nuclear weapons development quite a ways back while the Allies were too busy worrying about Communism to stop me, and have now gotten a full fledged Nuclear Triad going. This means that if anyone occupies more than I think ten percent of my provinces, I can threaten MAD and the war will automatically end in a white peace. So I have a reasonable measure of self defense and there's basically fuckall ZOG can do to me militarily. They might be able to fuck with me financially though.

I'm in the process of establishing a Deep State so I can transition out of democracy and form a fourth German Realm but it'll be a while until we can work that through. Once I do this I'll also be able to put a stop to nonwhite immigration into Germany. Some of my cities are as much as 15% nonwhite, though luckily the rural areas are basically untouched.

NPD may set economic & military policy but we don't have the upper house so there's still a lot of poz going on that we can't stop, mostly immigrant related. Although we have managed to prevent any feminism or LGBT rights from being passed, and instead focused on state provided childcare, a comprehensive safety grid, free education, etc, making it cheap and easy to have kids, so our own birth rate is still good; about 85% of current pop growth is from local births, the other 15% is immigration.

We're also continuing to maintain censoring over the press so the kikes can't get too much mental poison into the population. Overall, things are pretty good at the moment and will get even better soon.

My short term goal is to finish annexing Austria and figure out a way to annex Switzerland so I can get all the German pops into one nation. Problem is Italy's squatting on some Swiss clay, and America's allied with Italy.

America is kind of busy with the War on Terror but considering how weak Iraq is I'm sure they'd still jump into war against me.

There's no risk of actually getting my shit slapped by America since worst case I can just threaten to nuke them and they'll back off, but by the same token they can probably still stop me from gaining enough warscore to take east Switzerland and south Tirol. Possibly when my military's better; it's woefully out of date. By the way, if anyone knows good NWO stack composition I'd love to hear it. Right now I'm planning a Mechanized Infantry frontline with just enough Motorized Infantry for sieges, and the backline all Tactical Drones once they're researched; currently, using old cold war era Fighters.

South Africa still stands and maintains apartheid; sadly Rhodesia has fallen.

What sort of longer term goals should I look towards, as the game passes the present day? Should I join the Eurozone? Join Eurasian economic community?* Stay apart? Any further expansion of the German borders after Austria and Switzerland? Any meddling I should engage in abroad?

tl;dr macht Deutschland wieder groß!

Huh I didn't even notice that the old thread died.

CV, CVL, BB, BC, CA count as capital ships and I think the CVE, CG-N, L.ASW in NWO/TGC.
Only CL and DD are screens and Frg., DDG Miss. Cvt. and ASW Cvt. in NWO/TGC.

Yes and no
Fleets have an optimal range which is calculated by using the max range of ,the highest class ship, with the shortest range.

Ships are classed as:
CV
Other captial ships
Screen ships

I'm not sure I actually don't remember what I wrote.

You should have atlest as much screens as capitals or you get an positioning penalty it is more important to have similar ranges especially against lowere tiered opponents.

U focking wot m8?

pic related

hoi 4 is shit

Here. imgur.com/a/1gu6P

Everybody will tell you to play Brazil to get used to the controls and stuff, but I learned the basics by playing Nationalist China. They have the potential to become a Major after unification(which you can complete before Japan strikes you mid '37), their terrain means you don't have to care about tanks, and Japan can't reach most of your territory with their planes, so you can start carign about those later than usual.

There's a very good step-by-step unification/sino-japanesewar guide here: hoi3wiki.com/Nationalist_China

A few things you need to know: 1- Don't play on easy/very easy. You'll receive IC boosts but they'll make it nigh impossible for you to decrease your neutrality enough to declare wars, beause you need 30 or less effective IC to use the "Prepare for War" decision. 2- Other than the Prepare for War decision, the fastest way to decrease Neutrality is by sending your spies on "Increase Threat" mission on a major that borders you. No tooltip tells you this, and half of Paradox's forums don't seem to know this either(the "decrease neutrality" spy mission was removed in TFH). 3- The tech tree is big, but 80% of it is about very specific things that won't matter unless you focus on them in specific or are outmatched and need to milk every single % bonus. 4- The BEST square division is INF-INF-INF-ART, unless you're attacking over mountains, rivers or doing an amphibious invasion. 5- The penalties of ahead-of-time ressearch are immense(cap at 90 at 4+ years ahead of time), which means you can either have one tech 4 years ahead of ten of the current year. Even so, sometimes it's worth it, especially when cheesing as Japan.

The infantry techs(you can leave anti-tank equipment out most of the time), the artillery techs(they are in the Armor tab), land doctrines(one of the last tabs - the important ones are the ones that reduce the time between attacks and the ones that give organization to your infantry), Education(keep current year at the very least), Agriculture(more important that it looks at a glance), Industrial Efficiency(industry tab).

Those are the bread-and-butter techs EVERYONE, from Luxemburg to Germany, should ressearch. Also everything you need to play minors, really.

wait, so it's bullshitting me when it says "2 capital ships, 5 screens" for example in a fleet with 1 BB, 1 BC, 2 CA and 3 DD?

there's a Deutschland class CA in my port right now in it's own fleet and it says "0 capital ships, 1 screens"

maybe it's different in DH, or it mightve been changed?

Yes they changed it in 1.03, or maybe 1.04, so that CA now count as screens

Yes looks like you're right they've changed it in 1.03, I never even noticed but I tend to go full on carrier.

Here, Israel, have some feminism. No need to thank us, just our way of helping atone for the shoah :^)

Once I've finished constructing and integrating my new drone forces, I'm going to try to force Zimbabwe to release Rhodesia, and then help Rhodesia conquer what's left of Zimbabwe. Because it's 2016.

Most of Europe has populist parties in power. Front National, UKIP, Lega Nord, Jobbik, Estado Novo, Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, PVV, etc. Not sure if Trump's rise is modeled in NWO yet… probably in a later version. For now Democrats are in power but Tea Party Republicans might take the next election.

My recolonization of eastern Germany is going slower than I would have liked, but it is happening.

What game is this? Some mod?

NWO mod for Victoria 2. Play from 1946 or 1992, through to the present day and the next several decades.

Rhodesia lives! I'll help them retake Salisbury later.

Now changed to Republic. Foreign immigration has completely halted. Republic allows selection of ruling party in addition to periodic elections, and only allows Populist and Conservative parties; everything else is banned. Once I get more jingoism support I'll be able to run a natalism campaign, kinda like that one Denmark's doing IRL, to further boost birth rates.

Is there genocide in this mod?

Isn't that mod heavily inaccurate?

Oh fug.

Yes. It's probably the most effective compared to vickymod and HPM. Although it takes a lot out of your own pops too I think.

Apparently it used to be. There's still some weird stuff, and jewish financial power isn't really represented, but by and large it's pretty fun.

You know what to do.

I can deal with provinces being wrong, but there are some very stupid things like every country being like ~50 farmers or even more. The population is very low too. Chances are there even more silly stuff.

Blame midgetwheels for shilling this site on reddit. It's his fault why this place is infested with redditors,

Don't play it then?

What is with the snarky reply? I just would want it to be accurate.

Calm your autism. I'm not trying to convince you to play the mod. So if you don't like it, don't play it.

Calm your autism. I just stated that it is inaccurate and your reply was "lol don't play it." I don't want you to convince me to play it or not, neither I am trying to convince you. In fact I would love to play it, but it the inaccuracies kill my the motivation.

Then… don't play it?

It's not my mod, so whining at me isn't going to make it more accurate.

You’re a retard. What’s inaccurate?

If you don't care about the accuracy of the mod you could have said "Yes, but I don't care." or just not replay at all instead of your pointless reply.

Ah, so you're butthurt that I didn't actually agree with your bitching.

How I am I retard for pointing about very obvious things like the populations of countries being massively wrong or that in 1992 almost 50% of the USA population was not made by farmers. I understand that they would be some technical limits with the mods, but this is hard to take seriously.

So anything remotely negative or stating facts about a game is bitching? With that attitude am surprised you are not playing HoI4 instead.

My first full campaign of a Paradox game, this is from EU3, should I filenames?

Being a whiny fag like you are, is bitching.

With that attitude I'm surprised you are not killing yourself instead.
He just said if you don't like it, then don't fucking play it. Stop attacking people for having fun how they want.

At least you didn't super blob, what nation?

Hesse, first time seriously playing, an user suggested I play as Hesse and try to form Germany.

Decent blobbing for a tiny little country of mercenaries.

Taking all of Germany/the world is always a nice goal. It feels good uniting the rabble.

Now I'm just wondering what to do if I want to get serious about learning these games, another EU3 Hesse run, a different EU3 nation, a different game?

Try Vicky 2 with HPM.

Except I never did that. My only critique was the pointless stupid post of telling me not play. If anything this could be considered an "attack" or being at the very least butthurt. If he didn't say it what would have happened? Me not playing the mod anyway? But for some reason he decided to make that stupid reply as if he felt me stating the obvious as some sort of a personal insult. What is next? "Make a better one then!!!!"?

Looked so promising until ModDB member account needed.

FUCK
THAT
SHIT

You don't need an account there to download it.

moddb.com/mods/historical-project-mod/downloads/historical-project-mod-version-0332-for-hod-3

tryggered

It legit came up with "DOWNLOAD ERROR! THIS FILE REQUIRES A MODDB MEMBERS ACCOUNT" when I first tried to download it.

ModDB confirmed for Jews?

You may have clicked on something wrong, I've never seen any message like that. In any case did it work now?

I got it going, so what's a good noob nation and noob goal?

For future reference, the mod's author posts on halfchan's gsg, and puts out updates through there before anywhere else. That's the only reason I actually use that site anymore.

As for a nation, everyone seems to say start with Brazil, but I never had success with that. Japan was a good first choice for me. If you play with HPM, it does change a lot of shit so any guides online may not be totally applicable.

Brazil is isolated from the great powers, starts civilized, has room to do stuff. Common starter nation. I've never played it though.

Sweden is closer to the action, really good starting literacy but not too powerful so it can be a good one to take and make powerful. The other common starter nation. Suggested goal: Scandinavia, and a colonial empire.

Japan starts as an unciv, and in HPM you're more or less locked into just watching the rest of the world while you wait for the Boshin War, however lots of good imperialism opportunities in asia. Ok if you want the unciv start. Suggested goal: conquer southeast asia and oceania; acquire Manchuria.

Prussia has to contend with Sphere of Influence mechanics in order to form the NGF and then form Germany. Additionally it's surrounded by foes and rivals on all sides: France, the Russian Empire, Austria. However, it starts out with great military techs (especially tactics) that let it beat the snot out of its neighbours early on, solid literacy, and excellent RGOs; as well, Britain will always accept a day 1 alliance and will usually help in your wars. If you want a somewhat challenging first country with loads of interesting stuff and regular wars, Prussia's a great one. Suggested goal: form Germany, build massive industry, take the horn of Africa. Beat France and Russia into submission.

The Netherlands is a good option as it begins as a secondary power but with a small pre-existing empire in southeast asia. Lots of colonial/imperialist expansion opportunities, can try to recover Belgium (becoming and staying a Great Power so Britain can't take away your cores there helps) and is well placed to take a lot of Africa clay. Suggested goal: same as Japan minus Manchuria, but also try to muscle in on Britain's shit later on. Restore the glory days of the Netherlands and eclipse the britbong navy.

This image helps a bit, but it's wrong about Army Leadership, should be marked in red as it gives you a bonus to tactics that helps out massively with combat.

Remind me who this faggot is again?

About to start a multiplayer CK2 game, should I get CK2+? Never actually used it, does it just improve vanilla or does it noticeably change the way the game plays?

Will it break save converters if I want to migrate to EUIII/IV later?

(checked)

Makes the game so much better. Dunno about save converters.

I want to go back to EU3 but the overhauls are either for HttT or >MEIOU. How do I merge mismods and CanOmer/DAO?

So some new dev diary came out for prosperity. How are the swedes going to fuck it up now.

What's wrong with MEIOU? I've had fun with it so far.

Well, it's bloated beyond reason, a performance destroyer, a (poor) amalgamation of submods, and the ai can't get out of the starting gates with the excessively fragmented starts.

Mind you, I haven't played EU3 MEIOU in years and am going off my experience with MEIOU and Taxes.

Who is up for some Victoria 2 MP this weekend? Getting tired of watching those cucks playing that shitty HoI3 tbh

On a side note it should be noted that Islam is almost dead as the current ruler of the largest "Muslim" nation is now Yazidi and really cranking up the conversions of his people, fortunately/unfortunately for Islam the Arabs were able to free themselves from their Persian yoke and established themselves as a Merchant Republic. This Arab republic will be crushed in 50 years tops. To the West the Islamists are dying droves to the Crusader states of Al-Andalus (2nd Crusade established kingdom) and Algiers (4th Crusade established kingdom)

Right now trying to decide whether or not to release Armenia and Mesopotamia as free states soon, probably after I'm done conquering the rest of Asia Minor (probably going to leave the Georgians alone)

hey /gsg/, if you were able to make ck3, what would you do with it?

Went toe to toe with Russia and won (stuck to battles and minimal occupation so they had no excuse to threaten nuclear annihilation although they did use tactical nukes against me). Proper eastern borders are very nearly complete.

I also figured out the way you do war in NWO: main forces do combat only, no occupation, and since NWO has limited forts and spawns reserves as Motorized Infantry (fast travel speed, siege capable, great recon, solid in a fight) you mobilize and use those spawned reserves to carpet-occupy while your main active forces head off any enemy doomstacks.

Russia has a bit of a chechen problem going on apparently.

As long as we have a host I'm up for it. You should probably set out some guidelines about what you want to do, like what start, what countries are we playing, are we using mods or not, what checksum do we all need, etc. Also it'd be nice to have a time and date

any other grand strategy game developer that isnt paradox?

Paradox makes simple grand strategy games. Some smaller studios have made them, but they are incredibly expensive and far more in depth. They require a fair degree of autism to actually play. I don't even care for those games because of all the mechanics they throw in. This might not be the genre for you.

Here's one publisher that offers a number of games, usually specific to one period/war in history, though:
matrixgames.com/

Are the politics as fucked as they appear to be? It looks like the "best" options that the dev wants you to pick are laws like "LGBT promoted" or "feminist promotion" or "responsible censorship".

Kill me! Do it! Do it now!

Yes, he’s a leftist faggot.

well i really liked Distant Worlds, so i know they make good stuff

now i think they want to compete whit paradox

So what are we doing for the HoI3 MP game? It seemed like a vanilla TFH campaign was the most likely candidate, wanted to make sure that was going to be the case.
Also are we going to go at 19 or 20 UTC on Sunday? If possible I'd rather do 19 UTC but 20 works fine. I need to know these details as soon as possible because I have two potentially interested friends who I'm pretty sure don't browse Holla Forums.

I work Sundays until 20 UTC so that is the best time for me

Is this game good?

I wonder what goodies the timeline has in store for that game hundreds of years later.

Started as the one Norman count in the duchy of Antioch in 1071 and in less than 20 years i created the kingdom of Armenia but i realized that the next ruler will rule over both Armenia and Georgia because his mother is the Queen of Georgia.

Would this be blobbing? Georgia stretch all the way to Cumania so my next character would rule over a pretty big territory, should i change my succession rule so one son get Armenia and the other Georgia?

Wat?
you guys do know that shit like LGBT reforms, Gender rights lower your pop growth and increase their reform desire, meaning if you give them the litle finger they take the entire hand.

Release the land passed the Caucasus.

At first glance it looks like the more leftist policies are "best" because they're furthest down implying a natural progression of improvement, but the effects of the further down policies like feminism and LGBT promoted are disastrous, especially to population growth. The "best" policies are reached by striking some balance, usually in favor of more conservative leaning positions.

Nearly complete. Once I finish annexing Poland my borders will be good.

Not give it to Paradox.

What are your opinions on Distant Worlds? Is it worth a try?

The main reason I like it is that it adds many more provinces to the map. Cores take forever though and that kinda ticks me off when you already have infamy as an anti blob tool. Neither really work against a player but making you wait 300 years to core something is a little excessive; unless you get lucky and have the events fire quickly its still a good half century at least.

20 works great for me on Sunday.

Yes. If you feel really overwhelmed by mechanics you can turn on automatic management of damn near everything. Also don't play pirates and avoid age of shadows (You don't need to avoid it but it'll be a little trickier than standard age).

Welcome to Day One Paradox AI

Nice mod! :v)

I'd be down for it, assuming it'll work and we use HPM.

It's pretty by the numbers, fleet logistics can be a pain, and the ship customization isn't good at all, making the management of larger empires impossible without Frigate tier ships. It's set to get some updates, though.

I'm ok with Sunday at 20 UTC too.

Pretty addictive imo, when you learn how to play it and get into the game, you simply forget about the time

19 or 20 UTC are fine with me.

How did they fuck up this bad

Yeah, no

OK..I know I'll get hate for this..but how good is Johore in Vicky 2?

Looks like it'll be 20 UTC on Sunday then.

Can someone link me a CK2 mod to remove India?

The combat is much much better than Darkest Hour, but it lacks the politics and decisions in Darkest Hour. HoI 3 has a crazy amount of provinces, I managed to conquer Poland and started on USSR but quickly realized I don't have patience, autism and attention span for this. Hell I couldn't break past Frances heavy defense, I decided to go through Belgium, but they were giving me a tough time.

You have to smash through the river sections before the French get there in Belgium or it takes forever

The dutch might try to eat you but I suppose it could work out for you.

CK2+ has that option, go check that out.

I decided to invade Belgium a year or 2 later after France DoW on me, I decided to focus on Poland because it's my first game of HoI 3 and I can't focus on both. Good thing I have some experience from Darkest Hour or I'd be lost.

I'll give it another try, I'm just discouraged because I don't have the attention span to form a proper plan and discover the best unit compositions, usually I'll do INF INF INF ART, MTN MTN MTN ENG, and then I'll usually mix armor units, I'm not sure if I should mix INF with armor because I'm guessing it'll slow down the armor units. What good are mechanized infantry? The stats are the same as regular but their softness is lower. Thanks.

don't know how this happened to hungary tbh

What's wrong with HPM? Other than no genocide.

HPM does have genocide.

NWO has by far the most effective genocide (decision Ethnic Cleansing), though, you can pretty much wipe out all non-accepted pops (bar a tiny remaining minority) in about a year. After finishing my German borders I was at about 54% German population; after enacting Ethnic Cleansing I was up to 95% German in six months or so.

HPM's (decision Systematic Extermination) is reasonably spammable but hinders migration into cleansed areas for a long time. Main advantage is it's super targetable; you can hit all non-accepted everywhere, or only states, or only colonies, or just a specific religion, etc.

Vickymod's (decision Remove the Undesirables) only applies to colonized areas and can only be used every 10 years so it's no good for clearing out Africa, however it does give you a massive boost to pop growth so it's a nice way for countries with small accepted pops or who just want pop growth in general to get their numbers up. South Africa or the Boer nations are good examples of this.

So, Paradox is dead. Two masterpieces of retardedness in the span of a single month.

Any other companies make GSGs? There's the Supreme Ruler series but Ultimate runs like shit and the AI is pretty shit.

You answered your question in the previous sentence. Mechanized infantry are best used in an armored division so that you can get the combined arms bonus. You MUST have one division of INF to get combined arms bonus, be it regular, motorized or mechanized. Mechanized infantry have speeds comparable to that of medium tanks if I remember correctly, so slapping a brigade of mechanized in an armored division is always a good idea - you get the CA bonus without sacrificing speed.

Yes, in this very thread.

Distant Worlds is my favorite game from them.

Why does the OP never say what the hell each mod does? Especially when they only appear in /gsg/ when people try looking them up.

Host here. Somebody mentioned having to work on Saturday, so I shifted it over to Sunday 20 UTC. That's the plan for now unless someone complains.

Other than its a railroaded and bloated shit? Its literally unplayable in MP with a decent amount of players because of the constant lags.

How the fuck do you guys even have fun with Victoria 2?
I mean the mechanics and everything are nice.
But it all comes to shit due to the absolutely retarded rebellion system.
Like seriously, wtf was paradox thinking with this shit?
Its absolutely fucking unplayable like this as I'm forced to constantly put down masses of rebel units, and the moment I put them down, the next one will have already spawned.
Seriously in my last 30 in game years as Mexico, I haven't done anything but eliminating the continuously spawning rebels.

The game simply isn't fun when you can't even play it due to amount of rebels you are getting. At first I thought that I was just bad, but after playing this game for 3 weeks now, I realized that I'm not shit, the system is horribly designed.
I ran through multiple campaigns. I played Sardinia Piedmont, Texas, Dai Nam, Netherlands, Austria, Persia, Denmark, Liberated Ireland, Two Sicilies etc.
And no matter what nation I was playing as, I always quit because of the retarded rebellions, because after a while it becomes unbearable.

Authoritarian Nations are 100% unplayable.
Rebellions still happen in Democratic nations even though it doesn't make any fucking sense, hell even if you reach the year 1900, rebellions will still be happening.
Playing as uncivilized is probably the best experience, as barely get any rebellions during those times, but the moment you westernize you will immediately plagued by a variety of rebellions and it all becomes the same shit again.

AND YOU CAN DO LITERALLY NOTHING AS THE PLAYER TO CHANGE THIS.
In my current play through as Mexico, I was doing really well, I managed to annex Texas without US interfering and keep my northern lands.
I had so much income that I could easily set all of my taxes to 0 on the populace, a very large part of the population were getting their luxury needs and everything as a result. They had no logical reason to be unsatisfied.
I purposefully didn't even research any of the cultural tech that would make rebellions easier this time.
And what do I get? 67 brigade rebellions constantly on my ass one after another.
Fuck that.

It's ridiculous when you consider how I been killing Jacobin Rebels for 30 years in an endless butchery, yet my population is still 70% liberal (only increased over the 30 years), realistically speaking they should all be dead.

Fuck rebellions. Fuck Victoria 2.

Are you using mods?
Mods fix that.

I started using the /gsg/ mod a few days ago but that didn't seem to fix the rebel problem.

This is historically accurate.

Yeah, Vickymod keeps mostly NNM rebel mechanics because they're a pain in the ass to balance, try HPM.

Not yet, but soon. They're literally taking ideas from MEIOU and blurring the lines between EU4 and CK2 with the upcoming expansions.

What's wrong with HIP?

Bloat. It pads out the game even more than vanilla and is only historical when it doesn't trigger someone; like WE WUZ in the Sahara, Gender Laws staying enabled/unchanged and the famous Gender Equality module.

Nobody knows how to make a decent 4x game

jesus christ they're still just copying MoO but with prettier paint

What's the difference between Holla Forums's /gsg/ and /vg/'s?

The fags here have shitposted their share in this life already.

ffs

Reminds me of playing as a horde in EU3 while blobbing and getting a succession crisis.

heh

Been playing with HPM for 50 hours or so, it has some nice stuff but the the lag ruins the game. I especially like how you have to unite Japan and love the red color instead of the vanilla pink color. What's a better alternative?

I just brought it up cuz I'd like a mod that allows the release of more nations in the middle east and such. Not to mention making the Race for Africa a bit more interesting.

Here's some info on the next Stellaris patch.

Hint: It's all about the mana again.

-Core planets is now Core Systems. Multi-planet systems are much more useful now.
-End-game Crises are buffed. Even more on higher difficulties. Possible to all trigger in the same game.
-Embassies are removed, treaties are out of the trade screen and provide opinion the longer they are active (they have the tick/cross like vassalisation). More possible treaties. Influence costs added to diplo-actions.
-Open borders by default (military and civilian). Closing borders is a 'treaty'-type action.
-Colonising now costs influence. Cost is based on distance from your borders. This is due to automatic open borders.
-Big changes to ethics.
-Diplomatic map modes.
-Slave revolts.
-Sectors are now prevented from building certain modules.
-Private Colony ships now only cost energy.
-More events
-If you gene-mod all of your primary species it should now change your empire primary properly.
-Happiness is a sliding scale. So any happiness increase/decrease has an effect, instead of the current gates.
-Can give a system-based 'research projects' order. No need to queue all the debris individually now!

steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/350533172702148849/

This is great
This is also good
What the fuck, why would they remove embassies?
This makes sense for something like the "frontier", but I wish there would be a way to forbid entry into your "core" systems no matter what.
This makes sense, you always have extra influence anyway.
I'll wait and see.
About time.
See above
-Sectors are now prevented from building certain modules.
It'd be better if they improved sector AI altogether, but this is a start.
Okay.
About time.
See above
See above
See above

So it sounds like Stellaris is almost a complete game. I don't see why they couldn't have waited a few months and released it like this.

Replace your toaster.

I modded the climate in HoI3 to be arctic in every province. It's like a new ice age. There's blizzards all over the world, even during summer.

Checked.

But is it fun?

I don't know. I haven't played a whole game with it yet. I'll see how it changes the war and report on it.

With the new patch, is Stellaris worth playing?

If you mean the patch in>>9738216 that isn't out yet.

If you were talking about 1.1, it's about the same as before, but the late game is better. I use mods to make the mid game interesting.

Look who's talking, if it isn't mister "Who is Rommel" himself.

wasn't that shill18?

Nah, he actually fares better in his campaigns.

I still think it turns boring real quick. Once you've established your core planets it's basically "Research, wait, maybe upgrade a building" forever.

Can Kaiserreich save HoI4?
I for one have no plan on buying that trainwreck after my pirate copy reassured me that I wasn't missing out on anything, but maybe it will make the few fools among us here who bought the game manage to enjoy their purchase.

Don't know what I expected from a mod made by a bunch of unironic communists, but still.

Also
No. Unless they bundle a whole bunch of remove mana and general plausibility mods with it, the core gameplay is unfixable.

No
The core game is way too fucked

They're actually dirty fuckin syndies?
It always felt like there was more flavor for Entante and neutrals like Russia than gommies but I can't say I know since I've never actually played as the gommunists.

True enough, the fact that they gutted naval and air warfare bothered me a good deal. Can't even do the runway cratering that any proper blitzkrieg requires. I like the new production line system but the rest is a big leap back.Why do they push mana? I don't think anyone outside of their forums likes that nonsense
KR for hoi3 would have been what happens in an ideal world but from what I hear hoi3 is a yuge pain in the ass to mod and unfortunately will never happen.

Probably not. I heard that the HoI 4 Kaiserreich team doesn't really have any relation to the old project anyways. I don't know why the main team for DH Kaiserreich would want to move their work over to HoI 4, so it makes sense that it'd just be a team of fresh new guys.

Some of them, at least. The DH forum seems to be where all the spergs with political snowflakisms in their signatures lurk.

Story goes that everyone who could design a functional system quit by EU4, so Paradox went with mana abstractions instead. In any case, even before fixing the detailed problems with air and naval operations, and the magic AI map-painting arrow, mana still needs to be removed - preferably by adding actual fucking depth like replacing ministers causing national unity hits and switching plane/tank/ship designers causing production efficiency declines.

HoI3 would have had a lot of issues with the political and diplomatic aspects of KR
a perfect world would be military aspects of 3 combined with political aspects of DH

Production system is literally the only good thing about HoI4.

From what I've heard, embassies are being replaced by "gifting" You can gift other empires stuff to make them like you more. You can go over +100 rep with this, and the decay is a lot slower.

What would you put in the game instead of mana, Holla Forums?

How to stop lag in HOI3?
I want to use HOI2 old style map, but paracucks won't let me access the forums.

Do we consider HOI3 sliders "mana"?

Is your HOI3 unlocked to use more than 2 GB of RAM? Because if you just have a default install it's restricted to that.

ROAST IN HELL YOU FUCKING SWEDISH MEATBALLS

I've never played vicky 2, can i go full hitler and gas the lefties?

Good.

good.

Don't care

Wish there was a 'close all borders by default button'. The negatives are that now you can't cockblock all empires from uncolonised space without sending fifty closed borders treaties. Plus is that I can actually do the exploration quests without having to conquer the relevant planets first. Overall meh.

Stupid result of the previous change. At least influence was useless 90% of the time so it shouldn't hamper me too much…

Can't evaluate it until I see it

more map modes are always good, if mostly useless

Fucking finally.

Which ones?

Don't care

Good.

Fucking finally.

Will need to see it implemented before rating

Why the fuck would I ever want to study debris, when I can make much more research in that time by not wasting the researcher's time with it? Useless.

Overall, pretty good.

Starting a HOI3 game as Germany, /gsg/.

Rate my VPs.

Don't forget the HoI3 multiplayer game is today. It starts in 5 hours.

I didn't know that, I was saying how to stop lag at full speed in HOI3
Also requesting HOI2 old style map mod.

I have decided to remove islam completely in my game of CK2 to HoI3, what religion should i replace it with the territories it occupies? Catholic, Orthodox or something else?

I don't think you can stop the lag completely, unless you have a very, very, VERY good PC and have >2 GB ram unlocked wit heither Podcat's shortcut or CFF explorer.

It's shit

Zoroastrianism

Don't worry about it goy.

Convince me not to buy Hearts of Iron IV.
"The map is less autistic so I don't like it" is not valid criticism and will not persuade me.
What is actually wrong with it?

Are you just being cheeky or do you really think that's why people are upset about HoI4? DH has the least "autistic" map of the three and it's almost universally loved more than HoI3.

Hosting HoI3 v4.02 GSKH

We're starting a new game. You'd better join now if you don't want to have the AI manage your country.

You can do better than that.

(possibly a plus for people who didn't ever bother with them)

I'd like Italy

The game is obviously unfinished(for example, the same 4 guys are the leaders of 36 countries, the only thing that changes is their name and the ties they're using, not to mention they are *also* generals), some hilarious inconsistencies with reality(provinces in the wrong places, wrong capitals), retarded german AI that leaves their country undefended while they chain wars on everyone at once, actually, make that retarded AI in general. It doesn't even counter your attempts to change their ideology, so you can do so to everyone in a single year. Coups are ridiculously easy to prepare, in about 8 months you can have the US divided in half, fighting a civil war.

The game revolves around using "battleplans", to draw lines according to where you want to attack(read: giving your unit's control to the pisspoor AI), except it doesn't work properly half the time, and the AI is still incapable of doing naval invasions - at the moment it's totally unable to deal with naval invasions with more than 10 divisions per army. The maximum is 24.

Your change your laws, pick ministers and gain other small bonuses with mana. There's no supplies/fuel in the game, because they added rearming to it and people couldn't deal with both apparently. All in all, it's very casualized - and by that I mean that in the day of the launch we could see people who never played a HOI game before proudly posting their horrenduous blobs online. The research tree makes Civilization V's look complex in comparison.

The UI was apparently made with Ipads in mind. I'm not kidding. Also you have to use sprites, because the shit counters they added are too small in a game that puts everything ON YOUR FACE. Oh, and every time something happens, the game pauses/unpauses automatically. You can't turn that off.

2-3 expansions and heavy modding might save it. Until then, you're better served pirating it if you're that curious to watch the trainwreck yourself.

Shit useless posts

Valid criticism. Game sounds shit, I'll leave it for a year and see if they've done anything to it.

underage go play metal gear

Anyone who wants to play get in here

what`s /gsg/ opinion on the first two HoI?

Forgot to ask if i should get EU3 or stay with EU2

You could pirate it if you really want to see for yourself, that's what I did.

I never played the first so I can't give my opinion. Darkest hour is a better version of Hoi2 because it was improved by people outside of paradox and is my favorite in the series, as well as being pretty well regarded around here.

EU3 is good but try it first, be it pirate copy or steam demo. I recommend pirating because I don't think you could save your game in the demo version unless that changed from the vanilla EU3 demo.

I just got back from work did you guys start already?

No, we are waiting for you.

Anyone got a torrent for HoI 4?

Now we're just waiting for Kraut.

9 players, nice. We are picking countries and trying to keep the game balanced.

Please respond

Check Kat or IGG games lad

mp_Germany1937_06_03_04.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/zyodda.hoi3

Remember, you need to save this file to
C:\Users\(name of your pc)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\save games

You NEED to rename it to
mp_Germany1937_06_03_04

…and let the extension be .hoi3. Then rejoin the thost.

We got off to a good start. There are 8 players. We have every major except France along with Sweden and Nationalist China. The date is August 1937.

The nazis will fall and the world will be in peace, wearing jeans and eating hamburgers. Or else.

I'm excited to continue, things should be getting heated next week.

But they were supplied by Natzees

This triggers my tism

Glorious Republic of China remains independent. Foreign powers beg mighty Chinese army to join them with gifts and promises. Germans and Americans want China to lead them to victory. Who will China choose?

They were supplied by Brits and Americans to fight the Japs. Are you having a giggle?

Actually, before the Japanese started mucking about in China and Chiang's throwing in with the Allies, Sino-German relations were quite good. The original purpose of the Anti-Comintern Pact was to stabilize relations between China and Japan by directing them against the Soviet Union in a mutually beneficial alliance, retaining the old alliance while also enabling Hitler to weeb it up. The Chinese considered the agreement suspect and Hiroshi Oshima's interest was to use it to make China into Japan's Italy well before Italy was Germany's Italy, so it fell through and was later redrafted. Later, its original purpose fell through again with the whole Molotov-Ribbentrop business, which flabbergasted the Japanese who neither understood nor were informed (which seems like it would be trivial to do so) that the agreement was a very transparent ruse by both parties and influenced their nonaggression against the Soviets and their lack of interception of Siberian lend-lease, which was very significant. The failure of the Sino-German-Japanese agreement is really one of the biggest breakpoints in the war, if you ask me, as is Japan striking the United States instead of capturing or sinking every Soviet-crwed convoy coming through the Pacific.

The rural areas are untouched because the mod is set up to eliminate all immigration to them, white or otherwise.
It's a pain in the ass if all your state capitals have shit RGOs and all the RGOs you actually need staffed are all rural areas.

"LGBT Normalization" gives you -0.10% global pop growth.
"Feminist" gives you -0.10% global pop growth and a bunch of faggots whining about muh reforms

Two worst reform paths ever tbh

Any way of grabbing the Netherlands and Belgium?

Yeah but this is obviously an American sign so the RoC was definitely within the fold of the Allies by that point. I wasn't saying that at no point were Sino-German relations amicable but that the image should in no way trigger someone's "tism."

Alright, just clarifying as a matter of course.

Hypothetical question, if you were playing CkII and could only choose from these 4 countries which would you play:
Georgia, Armenia, Kingdom of Jerusalem or Syria

So I loaded the game and let it run for a while…

Armenia.

Isn't it obvious?

I hate it and I hate you.

Funny so have I.

Are there any overhaul mods for EU4 that are worth playing?

If I counted right, it's about… 15/31

So why should I play Darkest Hour over HoI3 or even HoI2?

VeF maybe? An "overhaul" consisting of EVE, Dei Gratia, Dynamized Developement and whatever shit you can throw on it is at least playable too. You can't fix the mana though.

Not surprising, considering Japan's AI attacks Natchi if it senses weakness and our Natchi player fired the Prepare for War decision, lowering his neutrality a lot.

I still have no idea what the Axis expect to do by increasing Fascist support on the US. Is it even possible to coup the US either before the fascists are elected in '40 or before the game ends?

And on a side note, how would one balance an Unholy Alliance(germany+urss) scenario? Maybe piting all other majors against them?

That's probably not going to happen in this scenario. Would a game like Germany + SU vs all the other majors work?

The N is an I?

what the fuck fam.

How hard would it be for me to get into HOI 3, I started paradox games with Vicky 1 (and it still holds a special place in my heart) and later got into ck1 then ck2 and vicky 2.

I've never been able get into hearts of iron until 4, but I've dropped 160 hours into it and am already feeling like there isn't much left for me in the game. Would me having played 4 help me understand 3/DH better or are they so different that it would still feel impenetrable

It's actually pretty easy to do that
One of the best ways to knock the allies out as a major threat

You really can't, both nations are such powerhouses that it's ludicrous

It's honestly not that hard
You can put a lot of the aspects on AI control while you play around with economy, or military, etc

Play a game as the US or Germany

I'm talking about multiplayer. Is it really?

But Germany doesn't start that powerful, and it'd start encircled by UK, France, Italy and Poland. Granted, Poland is fucked, but still.

Has anyone ever sucessfully taken the URSS by invading from the east coast? An unified China has the greatest amount of manpower of all majors, and the US could supply Japan's, China's and Italy's industry since the Unholy Alliance has no hope at all on the sea. I don't know what France and Italy would do after their countries fell, however, maybe continue as Mexico/Brazil?

Yeah, pronounced like an 'ee', a common example is Ivan, Иван, it's not aye-van but ee-vAn. The only characters that are the same in both Latin and Cyrillic (at least the Russian alphabet) are A K M O T.

In the context of the MP game, how do we explain the way the world is? What happened between 1917 and 1936? Did the CP decide to change their mind about winning?

I knew going against AI China was easy but seriously 3 months?

Why should they have to be connected?

I find it's rather hard to connect the two of them, since the WW2 starts from a scenario where the CP lost WW1.

Considering the way we're doing stuff years in advance to each other's moves, we could argue for future sight or, more likely, time travel.

To be fair, Japan AI isn't much better. You can bait them into attacking and immediately invade their main isles.

Now that you have China, don’t bother attacking the US. See if you can’t keep them out of the Allies, even.

It's fun to think about.

It would be unwise to play historically.

Japan fired the event to attack China, who promptly mopped the floor with them.

So, why we don't have a Discord channel, even an unofficial one, again? I hear something about an old troll?

A /gsg/ discord wouldn't be a bad idea. In the very least it would allow the host to post the information in the case of Holla Forums taking a nap.

If this turns out to be a bad idea for some reason, I'll kill it without hesitation. Anyway, here's the invitation to the Discord channel: discord.gg/015OdFukFxoWZKCIQ

Remember: it's not official, so it won't go in the OP.

Darkest Hour is basically improved HOI2.

So is Stellaris already dead?
I figure all the casuals and new buyers got bored and all the more interested GS players realized it had no content compared to even EUIV and quit.

Correct.

The guy who was running steamspy said they lost over 80% of the player base after the first week and it's only continued to go downhill.

Did he die?

Apparently about 80% of the player base has decided to go balls to the wall and do exclusively no-colonization runs. Pretty fucking hardcore, man.

So what's the BEST definitive must-have mod for vicky2?

gsg, pop demand, nwo?

HPM.

NWO is fun until you fuck up and let someone blob by forming the European Union, or if Soviet Union's AI isn't shit and doesn't go bankrupt. It's fun seeing Soviets run over by >20 million populist rebels, though.

installing Vicky II for the first time, coming from EU4, expecting to get my ass kicked, but i seemed to manage HOIII decently.

also, just as a fun thought experiment I decided ot think of different categories of colonies you could make in my dream game.

-standard colony: expands over time, balanced

-trade post: smaller, needs less maintenance, focussed on trade, grows less

-supply colony: see them as important stepping stones, that resupply and repair ships.

-production colony: focus on producing goods, grows decently, chance of great spurts of growth with gold/silver rushes

-penal colony: has better then average growth, but more unrest. Reduces unrest in other colonies

-expansionist colony: high maintenance/ high growth/ high development/ high chance of revolting against you if they grow too big

I dared to hope that the launch of HOI IV would revive some HOI3 communities. Boy, was I wrong.

Stellaris is a pretty good game. It's not as deep as most GS games, but it has excellent flavor. You can really tell they put a lot of effort into making playing different types of aliens (say fanatic xenophobe, militarist vs fanatic collectivist, spiritualist) feel very different. I especially like how customized the event reactions/options are depending on your philosophies, and how it affects the naming scheme of everything within your empire.

By the way, Imperium of Man will forever be the best. Fanatic xenophobe, militarist. Nothing like having bitchy collectivist aliens call you a xenophobic bigot while you systematically genocide their entire species.

If you played Vicky then you can play HoI. The real challenge is coming from EU4 to HoI or Vicky.

So are there any mods to unfuck 2.5.2+ ck2?

HOI3 really isnt that difficult. The production is different

You need iron man for achievements to unlock, most gamers dont use iron man.

I think pacts and shattered retreat can be disabled with some simple tweaks. Try google.

DEUS VULT motherfuckers! I restarted to play my Kingdom of Jerusalem game two months ago and i finally completed the eradication of Islam in CKII, it took me up to the year 1409 but i did it!

Continue to EU3 or EU4
Show us the map and upload your save.
When did you start? Charlemagne, Old Gods or 1066?

Even the tutorial bot adresses you according to your government system, and is programmed to despise aliens if you're xenophobe. Can't wait for them to fix their shit and add some more content to mid and late game

1066 and is there a way to screenshot all the map at the same time or is it only possible to screenshot the map part by part? Sorry if it's a dumb question but i have never needed to screenshot the map before.
I'll upload the map when i get really close to the end of the game because it will surely change by now since there a few major wars right now like all of western europe participating on on side or the other of the hundred years wars and another involving every realm from mesopotamia to parts of india along with parts of central asia that will change the look of the map in up to ten years of game play

Oh boy that sounds fun, considering you started 1066 you might even end up with a nice looking map.
F10 should do it.

I'm in the mood for some EU. Is 4 worth pirating now that it's got all that DLC, or should I just reinstall 3? I was pretty disappointed with 4 on release.

Thanks, which is better: EU3 with all of it's gameplay changing expansions or EU 4 with all of it's gameplay changing expansions?
I saw a torrent with all the EU3 stuff in it months ago and another for EU4 a while ago with all the EU4 stuff up to the latest expansion.

Should i play HoI 2, 3 or Darkest Hours and is it true you can't import saves to DH?

Yeah I think I'm gonna avoid conclave until they really un-shittify it, mods can't really fix it.

DH is simply better HOI2 from what I hear.

I have never played either, though, so I can't give you advice on it. If you wanna try HOI3, read this

Any opinions on supreme ruler 2010 and 2020 gold?

Compared to it's release I would say EU4 has improved substantially.
Now I'm not a big fan of EU4, mainly because of things like using mana for what feels like everything, shattered retreats or no new troops for westernized nations that shit probably bugs me the most, etc.
If you have issues with it's core mechanics EU4 is nothing for you, if you don't mind them I think you will be able to enjoy EU4, there are some good mods too though the really big ones kill the performance, independent of your system.

EU3 is the safe choice, you can't go wrongwith it.
It's still a good game that that has no issue with competing with EU4, partially because unlike EU4 it was made before the decline of paradox.

HoI3 is great for the wargame aspect, it has issues with railroading and the AI but especially afte our MP sessions I have learned to appreciate it.

Darkest Hour is HoI2 just better, the DH Light included is basically HoI2.
It's the more wholesome game compared to HoI3, the division structure and OOB are not as detailed but in all other aspects it has more depth and/or works better.
DH also features some of the best mods in paradox history.

If seen an Vic2 to DH converter so it should be possible, in the worst case scenario you will have to fiddle with the files somewhat.

What said, basically. EU4 is flashier and has a better UI and infinitelly better trade system, but it has mana. If you don't mind mana that much, go for EU4, if you do, go EU3

Anyone got a link on that EFE mod for EUIV? can't seem to find it anywhere. Shit's not in the archive either.

How the fuck am I supposed to install this? It's Victoria 2. Also rate my Byz

Which is all the more retarded considering that at one point Westernized nations got Western troops. Johan probably got his ass kicked by a Westernized Japan using modern Western troops in an MP game so they removed it.

Extract it.

Your Byzantium is shit.
You tried.

How new are you to the internet?

disgusting.

I thought his treatment of Syria was odd, too. Assuming they're still Muslims, he could've at least eaten up the rest of the Levantine coast to make them a landlocked rump for later eating. His seizing Persia was likely opportunism, and while ugly, is excusable. The lack of Western acquisitions is pretty dubious, though.

user, what exactly led to these fugly borders? What's the deal?

Aesthetics first.

Realpolitik, ethnoblobbing and in some cases the revanchistic curtailing of traditional enemies often trump border aesthetics. There are more important things than painting blurple inside the lines, you know.

Do people actually care about borders?
I just conquer whenever I see an opportunity.
Here is my current Italy.
I also annexed Crimea from the Russians.

Here's a map showing my vassals too. Also have a Holland.

Yeah I kept trying to start with r01 for some reason instead of extracting that rar; I'm an idiot.
I keep getting shit missions and I don't want to wait 50 years for cores.
Also I annexed Iraq and North Africa because I intended to release them as vassals but decided to keep them instead.
Also I've been trying to break up Austria, I'm thinking I just have to force them to release states and force-convert them so they're not emperor anymore. Their stupid fucking armies won't take attrition like mine will though.

Pre-AOL, I still have an old macintosh although I've long since thrown away the monitor for it. Of course it uses a proprietary av output socket so I can't really do anything with it. I think it still has some atari games on it.

Mamluks declared war on me so due to alliances Algiers, Syria, and Jalayrids warred me too. Like I said I wanted vassals.
Syria was allied with me, but they broke that for some reason. I hate hordes with a passion so I focused on destroying Qara Koyunlu. Also my infamy is almost always topped out.

GET OUT

You fucking disgust me.

I have all my cores though.

You seem to be missing your little island there buddy, if you don't have a core on it I guess France cucked you out of it.

Does the left part of Italian Africa even have a coast?!

God damn.

I never had a core casus belli on France.
I found it odd myself, but I guess there must be some kind of historical explanation why Corsica isn't my core despite being mostly Italian.

Here is a better screenshot.

Who lost the war against the Mahdists? That's pretty disgraceful.

Frenchcucks

Did… did you never build the Suez Canal?

French cucks did and I stole it from them during the great war.

It disappears if it changes hands?

It doesn't?

Huh, I swear I was able to see it even when zoomed out a little in my games. Guess I'm crazy.

Is EU: Rome any good? I want to play something as Rome.

I heard it was too buggy. Also if you're okay with playing non-Paradox games there are other strategy games taking place in Rome, Rome:TW being the most popular example

Problem with Rome Total War is that the emphasis is really put only on Rome, as all the barbarian factions feel lackluster and incomplete in comparison.
Though if you want to play as Rome only, I guess its alright.

Justinian is rolling in his grave. This is an insult to every dead Roman. Be ashamed of yourself.

So good. I feel refreshed. If you got Spain to take back it's clay, it would be almost perfect.

Does EU3 have the retarded core + territory/state + core bullshit? Also no arcading king points?

It's a nice take on gsg since it's non-paradox but the gameplay in general is broken and wars are nonsense.

Has features that were ahead of its time but besides those it's lackluster.

You mean do you have to core provinces? Yes, you gain a core after owning a province for 50 years.
No, no mana whatsoever.

50 years sounds like a lot, but you probably don't get the same overextension penalties. The point is that paying to core something twice makes the diplo points too fucking important.

Nah, states and territories don't exist.
You get cores after holding an province for 50 years and loose them if somebody else not in your cultural group owns that province for 50 years.

None whatsoever, things like research stability etc are done by allocating an extent of your budget/taxes and other things don'T have any costs.

How different are the games anyway? Should I find some tutorial video to watch?

They aren't that different, it doesn't hurt to take a quick look in some videos to see what's different but it is by no means required.
I think if you can play one you can play the other.

Is there any proper way to play borderless? Playing with borderless gaming makes things fucked.

I don't think so.

Downloading the gog version and v2winfix does it! It works for HoI3 too. Funny enough Victoria 2 now has borderless anyway.

Europa Barbarorum is a great mod that specifically fixes that, tons of flavor and mechanics for each faction. My first game was as Carthage and I was blown away by how different it felt from Rome. You don't feel like an empire, you feel like a collection of cities bound together by economic interests which are ruled by an allied oligarchical bureaucracy. My favorite mechanic is that each city can have a different degree of centralization/autonomy; it was tough trying to integrate the huge city of Syracuse into the empire but easy for small Iberian settlements. Each region also produces it's own troops, which means a multi-ethnic empire will naturally end up with an army of Balearic slingers, Numidian cavalry, celt-Iberian infantry, etc. They also got rid of what they called the "Return of the Mummy" Egyptian soldiers to more accurately portray the Ptolemy period.

EB1 was made for Rome 1, EB2 was made for Medieval 2.

The biggest differences are mana (none in EU3) and trading. In EU3 trade is simulated with centers of trade that you send merchants to. The state with the most merchants in the CoT gets the biggest slice of the profit. EU4 trade is generally considered better since there's an actual flow of wealth that you need to control. No colonial nations in 3 either, thank God.

Is being made, it''s still far from finished.

If you can stomach longer turn calculation times and boardgame optic you might want to look into Ageod's Alea Jacta Est.

I have been trying to get into their Pride of Nations, basically Vic2 with more depth, but waiting 5 minutes every turn with 1680 turns a game is killing me.

Well that's sweet.

Is there any good EU3 mods?