Hey fags, how about a Mechwarrior thread?

Hey fags, how about a Mechwarrior thread?

I've been meaning to replay MW3 again, but I can't find that one fucking russian-made patch that made it work flawlessly on windows 7. Been googling for a couple hours. Might have to go and play MW4 instead, if this keeps up.

Other urls found in this thread:

replaying.de/files/mechwarrior-3-patch-fuer-windows-7-8-1-x64/
mediafire.com/download/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8776173/MechWarrior_Quadrology_(Eng_Rus)_[RePack]_RG_Catalyst
vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42714
mediafire.com/download/5zp5tpdfr22662d/mw3Loader0.01.zip
archive.is/GZkpA
gamewatcher.com/mods/titans-of-steel-warring-suns-mod/full-game--4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the one you mean?

replaying.de/files/mechwarrior-3-patch-fuer-windows-7-8-1-x64/

Also MW4 with MekPak 3.1 for those who want it

mediafire.com/download/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe

Shit, it might be that actually. I had it in my head that it was russkie, but I'll give that kraut one a try.
I just wanna replay MW3 without bouncing APCs and jump jets that send you to space. ;_;

I sometimes wish I had a chance to play MW2 before 3 came out. Everybody praises it, but Since 3 had improved the mechanics and graphics, I wouldn't be able to go back and play it.

Damnit, I tried it, and it seemed to work at first. Then it started crashing on startup, but with a little fiddling it boots now.
And the physics bugs aren't fixed. Fuck me. APCs still bounce into the sky, jump jets send you to space, etc.
Also, and this is weird, but freelook doesn't work at all. It's like the game completely ignores my mouse movement when in-game, and aiming with keyboard only is hell.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if the gameplay hadn't aged so badly. Balance is all over the place, results are incredibly random and the AI is half useless walking in circles and half suicidally aggressive aimbot. The music and artstyle and general feel of it really works with the setting, which is something MW3 was also great at in a completely different way.

Why couldn't MWO just be MW4 multiplayer HD remastered instead of horseshit guys ;_;

IT'S 2016! WHAT A TERRIBLE IDEA

If it's any consolation, I tried installing it in WINE and on the software renderer, It actually worked pretty good. Even got the REAL force feedback to work with my Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2.

Mechwarrior online is so boring.
Its all about who has the best mech and a bunch of fags stickying together and taking long range shots at the other group of fags sticking together.
Like, you want some crap that doesnt even exist, and never will because its a retarded idea, to be "realistic" KEK

Mech games should be like Hawken

To be honest, with how shallow the gameplay is, the game would have been better if they had embraced the Solaris Tournaments and made each game be a Free-for-All. It would have been more lore relevent than even what they have now, and would have suited the PUG style of matchmaking they had. Instead you start out with stock mechs you can't tweak in the 'Lab to properly kit out and pray your teammates aren't in the same situation, and hope your team carries you.

tbh, I think that kind of gameplay would be fun if it weren't or the "who has the best mech" pay to win/progress bullshit. Mechwarriors are supposed to work with their lancemates and mechwarrior gameplay was always more strategic and methodical than a traditional FPS. Hawken is (was) fun but it's more like an arena shooter than a true "mech" game in my mind.

Damn son, solaris online would be the shit. Just imagine hearing this again

So the dgVoodoo program doesn't do shit, however I got rid of the bouncing APCs, invisible missile platforms and general bugginess by limiting the game's framerate to 30 through nvidia control panel (dgVoodoo program didn't have an option for "half vertical sync", and 60FPS still leaves the game buggy for me).

However, it's still nearly unplayable, because I can't fucking use my mouse in-game. Anyone else have that problem trying to run it? Mouse works fine in the menus, but I can't aim with mouse using freelook at all, it just completely ignores my mouse for god-knows-why. When I hit the freelook button, the view/reticle just dips slightly to the bottom left, like my pilot fell asleep or some shit, and mouse does nothing (outside of clicking).

Oh shit I found the russian repack I mentioned in the OP, was hiding in a folder on storage drive. Trying it now.

Shit son lemme know if it works.

Russian repack lets game work fine, like it did after I limited framerate manually. Shit still won't recognize my mouse, though, and fucking keyboard input is WAY too finicky for shooting anything beyond 20 meters away.
Also I need to figure out how to force it to keep aspect ratio. At least it's working.

If anyone else wants to know what this mysterious russian repack is, this is the torrent:
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8776173/MechWarrior_Quadrology_(Eng_Rus)_[RePack]_RG_Catalyst
Though it seems to be dead now, fuck. If I can get everything working fine, I can upload it somewhere, like volafile.

OH SHIT, got the mouse working. It kept trying to read from my controller I had plugged in. Sweet, time to play some MW3.

vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42714

Looks like somebody got the HUD to scale to widescreen, AWESOME!

I picked up a mw 3 pc copy for 50 cents. Is it good?

Their widescreen patch doesn't work all that well. I'm pretty okay with playing in 4:3 though, once I forced aspect ratio.

Definitely my favourite of the MW games, although 4 is technically better it loses some of the charm (especially with crazy shit you can make in the mech garage). Just a hassle to get working on modern hardware/software.

Pretty good review here

When are we all gunna play LL?

Still have a boxed copy of MW3/4 and Mech Commander 2. Never touched it. Since using Win 7, even worth attempting?

Only ever played Mech Assault 1/2/DS.

mc2 works on win7

mw3 does not; at least for me

Try this. Not a virus, I swear.
mediafire.com/download/5zp5tpdfr22662d/mw3Loader0.01.zip

Best 50 cents you'll ever spent.

Fucking steam and gog should move their asses and get all MW games (+ Commanders) working with modern hardware and OSs on their platforms, lazy shits.

REMINDER THAT MEKTEK FUCKED EVERYTHING UP FROM THE BEGINNING WHEN THEY GOT THE RIGHTS TO DISTRIBUTE MECHWARRIOR 4

ALSO THEY FUCKED UP SO BAD THAT THEY LOST THE RIGHTS AFTER A FEW YEARS

REMINDER THAT PIRANHA GAMES ARE FAGGOTS WHO C&D'd VID RELATED AND MADE MW ONLINE SHIT
ALSO THEY'RE CANADIAN

wow that looks fun

Please explain

Is the DOS version the best version of MW2?
I grew up with the Titanium edition. I've heard that that version is avoided by dedicated fans for various reasons.
I was playing Battlezone (1998) a few months ago, and the visuals give me the same nostalgia as MW2.

The DOS version is generally played because it's the only thing that consistently works on modern systems, it doesn't have any significant gameplay issues and it arguably looks better than some of the card-specific versions. I played the Matrox version as a kid and as far as I can tell that and some of the others are straight-up upgrades, but there's no chance of them working without the original hardware. Until someone gets bored enough to write a full emulator.

Avoid any card specific ones. They wont work at all unless you have THAT SPECIFIC CARD(1995). Titanium gussied up a few things but it fucked up enhanced vision and thermal. Working with DOSBox can suck, but once you figure it out it is worth it.

Mektek MP4 was going to be that till PGI bullied them to stop. They were also remaking MW2 in a new custom built engine

I got the basegame working pretty well, beat the campaign and had a huge blast of fun and nostalgia.
Sadly, my computer doesn't seem to like Pirate's Moon, as it refuses to work 100%. I have two options, really:
Play with proper aspect ratio in a window through dxwnd (came with russian repack and works great for MW3 base), but then I can't ever go into the garage because suddenly everything outside of the little "mech preview" window in the middle stops updating new frames and becomes stuck, even after exiting the garage all I can see is a tiny box in the middle.
Or, I can play in fullscreen, which has a working garage, but because it's not using dxwnd it's buggy (freezes on mission loading often) and is stretched to fuck due to wrong aspect ratio.

Also I found out MW3 basegame was just barely streamable, so I was thinking of streaming a campaign playthrough playing only FAST mechs with shit armor for shits and giggles, maybe on one of the infinity.moe open streams (if they still exist and are open to use).

Here, read faggot.

archive.is/GZkpA

Still not seeing how MekTek fucked up.

Unless I'm mistaken MekTek at the time was only a handful people, they didn't have the means to do the lawyer/ip rights shuffle PGI/IGP and Microsoft does. Am I missing something else?

No idea the hate for Mektek, considering they were the only people who kept Mechwarrior alive for decades. The only thing they could be criticized for is their retarded MTX launcher shit and things out of their control, like the house fire that destroyed their servers.

You are aware that MekTek and PGI aren't the same people, right? That's why PGI had microsoft pull the rights to MW4 from MekTek when they also pressured the MW:LL people to stop, thus eliminating their "competition" IE, killed the projects doing for free what PGI wanted money for doing half assed.

Kill yourself

Kill yourself dumb nerd, there would be no point in making a mech if it was just a tank with a pair of legs that barely work. People like you are retards that cant grasp that games like Hawken assume they would be made with better\smarter technology than that.

Garbage like pic related would get you rekt by any conventional army, you would just be a huge bullseye inside one of these pieces of shit

You faglords probably just use this shit as an excuse to play shitty stat based games that take no skill. Fucking cancer.

Hawken is free to play trash and the game handles like a generic FPS, not a mech game. Mechwarrior is about simulating what are essentially walking tanks, not dashing anime robots. If I wanted that I'd play Armored Core.

Hawken belongs in the garbage with MWO. Kill yourself.

Pic related is garbage for a myriad of reasons and none of them is
End your life today

so you never played it
i know you are a casual fag, dont need to remind me of that

back to school kid, come back when you learn to read

Back to school, dumbfuck, come back when you learn to spell.

shoo shoo kid, go read your my litte pony animus

I have played it faggot. The mechs are lightweight compared to the average Mechwarrior unit. The dash moves also don't help. It plays like an FPS in mech clothing.

And at least with Armored Core I get a whole game for one price. Hawken is f2p garbage, made all the more pathetic that fags like you are defending it.

said the retard with a mechwarrior on his garage, if you knew how to read you would know that i already explained why what you are saying is fucking retarded

Faglord, the second you mentioned a shitty turn based game your opinion instantly became worth less than shit. You are just a fucking casual mad at games that take skill.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Did fighterfags lose one of their mental cases?

my bad, you are mentioning that consoleshit game that plays like Zone of Enders, i was confusing it with that turn based weeb shit Holla Forums usually wanks over
But jesus christ, your tastes in games are still terrible

Says the faggot defending f2p shit like Hawken that plays like a FPS with weebshit mechanics like robot dashing.

Gas yourself post haste fam.

They both shitty weeabo gundam knockoffs. It's easy to confuse them.
Mind you they are still shit. Just like hawken, titanfall and all the other shitty knockoffs.

Hawken is way better than them. Im not saying its perfect but its definetly not on the same tier

Kid, go play your lock on baby shit and scram

Kid, go play your hawken with its very active playerbase of 3.

Know what you be cool?

If you could play as a foot soldier on Mechwarrior online.

I mean, their "realistic" mechs have a fucking glass window protecting the most importamnt part of the mech. So a single rpg round would kill the pilot, because that shit goes through ballistic glass like its made of paper.

Its pretty doable since it runs on the fucking Crysis engine. But i doubt those casul nerds would be up for it.

You could play as an elemental in MWLL

u mad casul, go play wathever turn based lock on garbage that makes you feel like a snowfalke that can keep up with the big boys

He's losing it, badly.

u mad casul, i would rekt you in any game

No, I don't want to play Hawken.

Kid, go waste more money on your dead f2p shit game and kill yourself.

How about the game of lyfe

you are the fags saying that paytowin stat based piece of shit is somehow better than Hawken because its "realistic", your mental gymnastics dont work on me kid, you are too dumb

spoken like a true casul, what do you want? compare the number of facebook friends or something? lmao

How deep inside yo momma's nasty snatch can we get.
Ready? GO!

Fix your reading comprehension underage fag:

and here i was thinking you were one of those dumb redditors trying to bait me into YOUR MOMAS joke first then claim the high moral ground like a smug fag

But you are genuinely a mad casul, this shit is funny

Now you are just backtracking kid

Yeah, I can already tell you're having a better time than if you were playing hawken
LMAO

gonna get ass cancer being that mad kid

alright im off the gym, happy shitposting casual fuckers

Kind of a shame about Hawken; it had potential. How is it now? Been a while.

In universe those canopies aren't made from ballistic glass. They are made from material nearly as tough as the mechs armour.
The problem here is that when mechs fire clouds of missiles at eachother, those missiles are basically like modern antitank HEAT missiles. And a single one isn't ever going to do much to a mech.

Battlearmor like Elementals does crawl around on the outside of mechs to attack weak points on the mech, in the boardgame.
I really liked that MW:LL tried to bring all the various tanks, aerospace fighters and such from the battletech universe along, and not just focus blindly on the mechs. That game universe has a lot more to offer than just the giant robots. I'd love to see a planetside style approach to the game that gave you grandscale combat with plenty of room for combined arms fuckery, only with combat focused on giant robots and tanks blasting eachother to hell and back and teams of power armor's for fighting inside objective buildings.
Just imagine the hillarity when those light mech fuckers who think a locust is an extremely fast mech and that light mechs rule mobile combat have to take on a pack of Regulators. 50t tanks that can easily outrun and carry gauss rifles in their turrets along with armor like a mech its own size.

Now you're just being retarded kid.

He's at the gym.

No, he's offing it.

I thought I had forgotten these feels.

are there any mechwarrior games that are like mechassult 2? me2 was the only mechwarrior game i played

Delete you account.

Tho if you liked such a casulfest you'll probably find Mechwarrior 4 fine.

Never tried the gameplay, but the story, lore and tech in it has nothing to do with the battletech universe.
Supposedly the gameplay is fine, if you like brainless action shooters for casuals.

The sad part is this managed to have Community Warfare long before MWO.

NO MFB DON'T DIE I NEED YOOOOUUUUU

I like how you can lose 2 of the 3 and it makes no actual difference.

Transparent as fuck. Hawken had potential but it's not a mech game and on top of that is dead as shit. No need to get so assblasted over it

Playing Hawken has turned fef747 into the angry and impotent fellow he is today.

Hawken could have been amazing but for some reason the devs decided to go with Quake Arena: Mech Edition. The retards.

Lmao, you nerds are still at it, i was shitposting from the gym in between sets just to make it clear. Havent played Hawken in years, but its still better tha your shitty stat based casual game.

So realistic

If only, that game is already a bullet spongy shooter. You fags clearly want a more casual game, its pathetic.

That's cute.

are you peharps a nigger? that would explain why you cant fucking read

It very much does. Sure, it's not crippling, but losing build variety sucks much fun out of the game.

Are you perhaps a faggot? It explains your shit taste in games.

lel you showed me nigger faggot

literally nowhere in either of my two posts is that implied in any way, you're just trying to pull something out of your ass in a weak bait attempt. But I'll play.

If you always have to try this hard to get nowhere, you aren't pushing iron for shit.

Buddy, typing like an idiot doesn't automatically convince us that you're a meathead. You know what kind of people talk the most about "muh lift"? People who don't. Furthermore, what kind of sorry-ass workouts are you doing that leave you time to shitpost? Maybe you should toss a few more reps onto your routine, and skip the faggoty rageposting.

So, any of these links are full games? I've been trying to find the games everywhere but for some reason they're nowhere to be found

It's dead, but it plays alright. Also holy fuck why is it always just two nignogs ruining a whole (previously dead) thread. The main problem with Hawken's development was that the fucking devs went bankrupt and all lost their jobs like halfway into dev cycle. Another company picked it up now, but they don't have the best track record, and they seem to have no idea where the old devs were going with it.

Literally how? I leave my MFBs at the back of the map until I need them, and if somehow they do get attacked they seem to have more health than my fucking mech and I've never had one die even on hard modo. Also, I like to hoard equipment, so losing an MFB for me would be mission restart-worthy.

If my piratebay (mechwarrior quadrology repack) link actually has seeders, that pack has working versions of MW1, MW2, MW3, and MW4, basegames AND expansions and everything (though MW3 Pirate's Moon is still fiddly as all fuck, basegame is fine though).
If there aren't any seeders I can upload the pack for you fags, since I still have it.

Oh sweet, just checked to make sure, and the quadrology repack still has 11 seeders. It's the best torrent I've found for MW3 and MW4 Vengeance, mainly, since MW1/2 and MW4 Mercs are easier to find and get running.

What was supposed to be in Mek Pak 4? Wasn't it a rewrite of the radar to include land interference?

that link's not working for me though. am I missing something?

Really? This one?
Because after about 20 seconds I got 11 seeders and it started downloading.

I'm uploading it to mega right now, if that link doesn't work for some people. It'll take a while, though, since my upload speed is SHITE.
I'm going to a calc class right now, but once I'm back it should be uploaded and I'll post link.

Cant open it on browser or bittorrent
I dont have much experience with torrents, but it's just copy and paste, I dont know what im doing wrong with this one

I'll look for others they're probably on other sites by the same name

I don't make a habit of playing mech games, I can just recognize an angry shitter when I see one. That "I'm at the gym" shit is embarrassing my man.

If anyone likes to isometric strategy games with mechs, play Titans of Steel. And it's free, even.

have a link:
gamewatcher.com/mods/titans-of-steel-warring-suns-mod/full-game--4

you cant read, you talk like an agry faggot and you are casual scrub, kill yourself my man

you beta nerds are triggered because i said i was posting from the gym?
lmao, puny pathetic nerds, i could probably kill everyone in this thread with my bare hands

whoa now we got a tough guy over here, he goes to the gym and brags about it

Why the fuck does MEGA even allow you to upload anything if they made it so you can't actually do SHIT with the file you uploaded unless you log in, and logging in deletes the fucking file you just uploaded.
I'd fucking rather it just saying "Fuck you, no uploading until you log in" instead of letting me spend 4 hours uploading only to find out I can't actually fucking share the link without starting again.
Piece of fucking shit website, what happened to simple upload sites?

Okay Senpais, Hawken was announced for the PS4
What should I expect?
The last mech game I played was Mech Warrior 3 way back in the day as a Kid

Just go replay MW3 again.
Hawken is pretty okay, though it's not much of a mech game. It's fast-paced objective-oriented (read, king of the hill, capture point, etc.) and filled with mostly super tryhards with stuff that you can only get by paying or grinding for a year. Still fairly fun, though.

It's an arena shooter not a mech game. If the playerbase on PS4 ends up not being shit though then I would still recommend it. I logged ~40 hours with a friend of mine on PC before the playerbase died off

It kinda sucks but it's one of the most recent PC mech games we got so you might as well try it out. It's free and was once really promising, spawning a neat card game and various other spinoffs before the devs vanished and then I think they returned(?)

No, this is another dev who fix shit and rebalance game.

Meh, good enough. As long as SOMETHING is happening with it.

They should start by getting rid of the Technician. Technicians ruined the dynamic, all because they wanted something analogous to TF2's medic.

Hawken is basically non-cartoon robot TF2.
Played it from Alpha to several months before they went all SJW or something. It's coming fall was very aparent.
Was fun though

Nah, they just make a rainbow day and gift everyone rainbow palet for free.

I'm also disappointed by how it turned out, but when and how did they go SJW?
I remember when they were still advertising it as a mech game where the weapons and chassis were all modular and there was still a stat tree that you could put points into as you gained new ranks. I really wish they continued in that direction, but like all new devs with promising concepts, they got suckered into that esports nonsense and neutered the fun to make it "balanced"

Of course, it was also probably harder for them to nickle and dime people for, and they really wanted people to grind for mechs instead of building their own and gathering parts. If the F2P model really needs them to castrate and simplify shit to sell it back to us piece-by-piece I'd rather just pay once upfront. God damn, I'm still bitter about what they did to this game since I liked the concept of a fast-paced mech arena shooter with customizable mechs.

Didn't help that Hawken's mech designs looked like walking trash cans and televisions.

You're a television.

jesus christ user
calm down
this is a christian image board

Oh poo.