Did you kill him? Why?

Did you kill him? Why?

No, but I killed him. Because he's ugly.

I would have bought a witcher 2 spinoff where you play as Letho hunting kings

I stopped playing the game halfway through cause I was bored. I came back to it after a year and a half and by the end I didn't remember who he was so I just killed him

Didn't kill him, didn't have any reason to. Foltest was a cool guy but Witchers aren't supposed to be bodyguards anyway and it wasn't really Letho's fault you got framed anyway, it was just bad luck.

Don't worry, user! We here at Merchant Entertainment are taking your feedback at heart and we'll make sure all your favorite future games like Call of Duty(TM) will feature less gameplay, less depth, less thinking, choice or consequence and ensure that plenty of explosions and gunfire will keep you busy!

To be fair, I've been having this problem a lot for a few years now myself, but with a different spin: When I actually like a game a lot, I start to cherish it and end up not finishing the game for extended periods of time. Skyrim, Dishonored, Witcher 3 are examples on the top of my head. In Skyrim's case I ended up modding it for hundreds of hours before giving up on it. Never saw Riften or the DLCs.

Maybe they shouldn't have put the most boring part of the story right in the middle or gave me better gameplay than just clicking repeatedly and sometimes dodge rolling.

There's better gameplay in assfaggots for fucks sake

Did him or any of his mercenaries fuck Yennefer?

I know when she had amnesia she tried to fuck them.

If they didn't then they're all good with me, they protected her.

IIRC, he didn't fuck her.

I let him live. He's a bro and was doing what he had to do to revive the Viper School. He pretty much cleared your name already so no need to bring his head.

Plus, he played that bitch Sile like a damn fiddle. That was beautiful.

He already won if you killed him or not, but Foltest was an actual friend who had done Geralt favors in the past.

I killed Letho, for a lot of reasons. One, he played right into Nilfgaard, no matter how good a player he is, and Nilfgaard does not do favors. At the minimum, he wasn't as sharp as he looked.

Two, I can't let a murdering witcher go free without even a lick of punishment. That doesn't set a good precedent.

Three, I can't go that far towards something and not go through with it. All of the work and pain is invalidated if you just walk away.

Plus the bastard was a hard fight through the entire game and I was excited to get one more fight out of him.

I let him live. If you don't rescue Triss, he will do it for you, as a sign of good faith.

Side note, Letho is one of the best bad guys around, game-wise. During the story, it feels like hes is making his move. That instead of Geralt being the main player of the universe, there's a lot of high states players.

I killed him dead, and I believe Geralt would have as well.

I couldn't get over his murder of Foltest, the broest of bros, but that was the least of his crimes. Murdering kings and destabilizing regions just to get some piddling funding for his dying school of witchers is not cool.
Witchers are there to protect people from monsters, not become monsters themselves. His death was as justified as the Grand Master's in 1.

He can be together with the rest of his witcher friends in hell.

I would wager that Geralt had killed more men than any other witcher. Also i thought that the emperor was one for keeping promises. Finally i thought that Geralt's main objective was to clear his name, which by the end of witcher 2, he has done, regardless of if he's killed letho or not.

That one witcher in TW1 probably has killed more, considering he doesn't even bother hunting monsters anymore.

The way I see it, Geralt and Letho's arc is similar to the one in Once Upon A Time In The West.

In the end, all the issues are resolved, but they still fight. For themselves, not for any other reason.

Yeah, I killed him. I liked him, and I liked the way that the story ends, with the two of you sharing a drink together. But I also couldn't see both of them walking away from it. They were two men, of similar backgrounds, drawn against each other. The may have been friends in another circumstance.

Letho doesn't expect Geralt to walk away. Part of him doesn't want to fight, as he doesn't really want to die. But the other part feels he needs to. He needs to assert that he is the superior Witcher. Hence why he calls out Geralt, claiming that he would be the better of the two. Because he cannot consider himself the second, and knows that Geralt can't either.

Letho killed Foltest, a friend to Geralt. Geralt killed the other Witchers who worked with Letho. Whatever happens, they will always have to see each other as the person who killed the friend or friends of one another. The one responsible for a lot of very bad things happening to the other. If they walk away, there can be no closure.

They have to fight, because they need to have closure. They need to see an end to what has happened. More importantly, they needed to prove who was truly the better, to each other, after the whole ordeal.

People like to point out Letho rescuing Triss as a bro thing, but really, that's just him correcting a mistake. You're "even", in a way. But two people being "even" doesn't mean they don't have to fight each other. If anything, you have more motivation to fight him after that. If you saved Triss yourself, then you have to wonder if you fought Letho for the right reason, or a petty one. If he saved her, then you know your battle is a just one.

These are cool explanations about why you would choose to fight at the end. It's a great character arc for the fact there can be a strong argument for both sparing him or ending the game with his death.

Letho is a sad creature in the end. He's a bit of a wreck in witcher 3, continually hunted, no peace for him until death.

Yep. Roche was a much better bro.

I let Letho live. I seem to recall that I appreciated his honesty. He didn't betray, even when he had no reason not to. He showed admirable loyalty in both games. To his own, and then to Geralt when he promised/offered things.

I accidently loaded up the save file where I did, meaning to load the one where I didnt. Was laready 20 hours in when I realized what I had done. Damn shame. Damn fucking shame. I also killed Kiera because I did her last mission before the call for allies went out.

Which really only strengthens the point: Two people shouldn't walk away from a duel where only one can leave.

How important is it to have played The Witcher before playing The Witcher 2, if I can ask here?

Not important at all, no important decision transfers(except you can see one character make a cameo for 4 seconds) and all Witcher games solve their plot in their own games, so no important plot elements transfer either.

But you'll be missing one good game, I personally like the first Witcher. Actually, I just downloaded the first two now that the Witcher 3 is all complete with DLCs, I plan to play them from start to end

Nup. Letho just doin his job. Geralt does exactly the same shit, and he gets away with it because of his pretty hair. I felt pretty good about it after you team up in W3.

I've gotten up to probably about halfway through act 2, and it's just such a slog. Anyway, I'll just go for The Witcher 2, then - I've been putting it off for years, now.

Thanks for the spoiler faggot.

I'm hoping they do a remake of TW1 in the engine of TW3. Maybe expand on the open world aspects a bit. Don't have to go full Witcher 3 but you know. I'd be into it.

Say, are there any recommended mods, or should I go in vanilla the first time? Hoping I don't get recommended the equivalent of STALKER 'Complete'/Misery/Brutal Doom.

Witcher 2? Nah, people will probably recommend FCR but I say try the vanilla game first and install it if you don't like the combat. I find FCR worse than vanilla combat but people seem to like it.

There are a few graphical mods but TW2 doesn't need graphical mods, really. But you can install them depending on your system, even vanilla TW2 requires a monster computer

Geralt lets a cat from iello go even though the motherfucker is a literal assassin/bandit and is a major dick.
I really hoped they'd include him in one of the expansions.

Yes.

Cause I don't pay attention aND mash through prompts.

on first playthrough yes, because he is a dick
on second playthrough no, because i made a "keep everyone alive" save for W3, i loaded the wrong save by accident when i played 3 and only noticed halfway through it though

I think he meant Witcher 1

I meant The Witcher 2, but if there's any kind of overhaul for The Witcher 1, then I'll definitely take it.

Thinking about playing Witcher 1. Any mods I need for a first run or is it fine on its own?

I killed him the first time because I was angry with him. I let him live the second time because I understood him better and I was playing on Insane mode and didn't want another boss fight right at the end that could potentially wipe everything I'd done up to that point

she is so fucking qt, how can a 3dpd be so pretty?

I didn't kill him. Although he did horrible things and I was still mad about Foltest, I also had no reason to believe he would do any more evil. Plus, as a witcher who wanted to train more witchers, (and the world could sure use more,) that means more elite monster fighters out there saving innocent people from all manner of vile things.

Ultimately, killing him wouldn't have helped any of those he already wronged, but if he lived he might yet help save people.

Its fine on its own as long as its the enhanced edition.

I let him go. I hated him for killing the bro king but he did save Triss and Geralt from the wild hunt

I don't kill him, because I like his character a lot.

But I can understand why someone would. He spends the entire game manipulating people, then as soon as you catch up to him he's all "nah bro if you let me go we'll totally never see each other again".

Who's to say he isn't manipulating you at that point as well? He spends the entire game either killing people who can't fight back or tricking people who can, and there he is face to face with Geralt, who in his prime can totally beat Letho, and has plenty of reasons to kill him since Letho nearly ruined Geralts life and kidnapped one of his friends.

Meanwhile, as I said, Geralt has lots of reasons to take out Letho. His taking the rap for the king slaying is going to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life, and could've been the end of it if not for the aid of people like Roache, and Geralt cares about his friends and the people he considers family, more than anything, and Letho hurt Triss and could've gotten her killed, all for a portal to Upper Aedirn.

If he was a little less cool of a character, I'd probably kill him too, but he isn't so he gets to live on in my playthroughs.

nah, he was a formidable adversary and when i saw the nilfgardian snoopin around, i knew they were behind letho. He was played by those uptight black assholes.

Thanks user, gonna install it now

I killed him out of frustration at the game suddenly being over after a meager 8 hours and without having a single decent fight besides the same bald fuck previously

Go tot he witcher nexus, I believe the secong most popular file is a texture remaster. Makes the game look a lot better.
You can also get a mod that redesigns the menus to match the look of tw2 but I feel like it doesn't fit well with that game.

What the fuck man
i beat it multiple times and if you do evry quest on each path it takes about 25-30 hours
What the hell did you do to beat it in 8?

Why would anyone want Witcher 2 style menus, the menus in that game were fucking awful

No. We witchers have to stick together.

I dont want to live in a world where witcher kills witcher.

They look edgier.

He probably skipped all of the dialogue and cutscenes, without them TW2 is not that long, though I don't know why would you skip them when playing a RPG

Also another question would be, did you kill this guy?

I let the fucker go, he was attacked so he retaliated.
He might be a cat but he didn't deserve it.

Why did you mod Skyrim's UI into Witcher in the lower screenshots?

let him live, niggers tried to cheat him and then tried to kill him. he went overboard killing everyone though

No because he was just doing his job like he was paid to do. Like a Witcher does.

Fuck the Lodge of Sorceresses burn them to the ground

It's not your fucking job, retards. You are Geralt, the Witcher. You hunt monsters for money, save your friends, and clear your name. Who gives a fucking shit if Nilfgaard is going to win, they are not monsters, they are just yet another empire. Geralt even said in the books that if Nilfgaard won, he would have simply continued his work, saving Nilfgaardian children for Nilfgaardian coin.
So what if the king got killed? Kings are destined to be killed. From the moment someone is even eligible to be a king, he already has plenty of people who want to kill him. All you were supposed to do is clear your name and save your friends, that is it. Leave the politics to kings and sorcerers, all you should be concerned about is your well-being, and well-being of witchers. Why kill the bastard? Your name is cleared, your friends are safe, he never really done anything bad to you on purpose out of malice. Plus, he has connections to the emperor, and he's a safeguard for witcher existence if Nilfgaard wins.
Just go destroy the aberrations from the conjuction of spheres, and do not worry about all this political shit. Do good deeds if you feel like it, but do not play hero, you are not one.

Did you kill him? Why?

You still sound like merchant, faggot.

faggot faggot faggot

Nope, no reason to