Wurm Unlimited: Waiting for the Wipe Edition

unless i'm blind i didn't see any thread in the catalog except for two which hit post limit, so here it is

Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited. The fledgling town of Brosmouth is looking for new people.
We currently have lost count on how many members we have of our village.
Best of all, it's completely free. No level restrictions, plus boosted rates compared to Wurm Online.
4x Action speed, and 4x Skill gain speed

New client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6 (this didn't work for me, but the mega link should be completely fine)

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS BEFORE UPDATING THE CLIENT
if you've played before you will lose your character if you don't

Auto-updater: wurmian.cloudapp.net/upd.zip

MAKE SURE TO EDIT YOUR GAMESETTINGS.TXT, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS
Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
use_nagles_algorithm from false to true
chat_censor from true to false
copy gamesettings.txt to your player profile folder just to be on the safe side

IP Address: 13.92.83.205
additional server info: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

Q: "I don't know how to play! What do I do?"
A: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Latest News
* The map got corrupted so server is kill. Technically it's still online but the admin is leaving it up so people can grab their stuff; once the wipe occurs, anything NOT in the player's inventory will be lost. Grab your shit if you can.

* There was some debate towards the end of the last thread whether to stay on this server or choose another one. If we stay, everyone keeps all their skills and whatnot and anything in their inventory, the city gets a fresh start, we can pick a new place to build, BUT if this corruption happened once already AND the backup was from all the way back in March, one would be foolish to think this won't happen again, so staying has a risk. If we choose another server, everyone's characters are completely back to square one, we wouldn't have as many options for where to build unless it's a dead server, but this server would (hypothetically) be more stable and not have any map corruptions or need any wipes (though there's no guarantee of this).

* Once we start building again MAKE SURE TO GIVE PERMISSIONS TO TRENHAL (or whoever, when we get going again) FOR YOUR PROPERTY. This will allow Trenhal/whoever sets the deed to new-Brosmouth to expand the deed of the city proper so it's not just a 3x3 tile whose limits can't be extended.

* Considering new names for the future settlement. Brome, Brolympus, Bruhssia, that sort of thing. Discuss and come to agreement or whether to keep Brosmouth.

* City planning. Discuss how we want the city to look and its layout. Generally agreed upon is having a main square with a swastika ("Buddhist symbol for eternity" even though that's an eternal knot and isn't the same thing) with four main roads leading out of it. Whether to fill in the gaps between the main roads with grid or organically as people come in and settle is being debated.

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap/index.html
wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27462822-sudden-apocalypse-new-map-server-crashed-big-time
strawpoll.me/10465415
strawpoll.me/10465427
pastebin.com/km4SRM8S
pastebin.com/UMXizLK9
wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27465093-mission-exodus
strawpoll.me/10466118
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Paving
pastebin.com/QpDgqUQH
pastebin.com/aRKFCHxP
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cog
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ship_transporter
wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27465093-mission-exodus/post/last#last
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Trash_heap
pastebin.com/pMxB2U7p
strawpoll.me/10471181
wurmian.cloudapp.net/story/the-dragons-attack/
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sail
pastebin.com/7iTCX6dj
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Iron_Scale_of_Libila
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

Wipe this meme off the face of the Earth.

what is dead may never die

Fresh list, hot off the forge.

Again, reply to THIS post if I forgot you or your occupation.

Bulletin boards are still the hot shit in my head

So what are you guys going to do now that the death grip of wurm has temporally released you.
I'm going back to the gym and get swoll and stare at the ass's of women in yoga pants

you still mistyped kriegerr you nigger

I'm playing DBZ: Infinite World, the best Dragonball game.

Reminder about switching servers:
This server accepts the nazi shitposting and crashing the server because it needs players, and stays in this state because its not so stable.

Gr8 taste

I'm submitting patches to github projects, shitposting, running all my PNG pictures through pnggauntlet, fucking around in San Andreas Multiplayer on a stunt server and doing some duties earlier

Still gay

i don't know if you're the same user who made the "services" image, but there are two pics of the one you have: the occupations one and the services one, the occupations lists what the players consider their primary jobs and the services one lists which services players are willing to provide to other players.

I'm not really sure how much of a discrepancy exists between the two, but if you (and the other user, if you're two different people) are going to keep those two images separate, you should label them as such.

Bullet sage.

The settlement should obviously be named "Broheim."

i leave 2 days and come back to
SERVER WIPE
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NIGGERS WHY, also im digging my way into brosmouth

pls no bully

Post more fit girls, user

Brosmouth Docks after the Great Happening.

gay

your post is all kinds of wrong

Carpentry - bengarrison

It was the faggots in the mines leaving shit everywhere on the ground as well as the backups corrupting.

I thought we settled on the name
BROLYMPUS

alright. Here's my idea. obviously in the main game, this'll be square, but I made it this way for convenience.

Gates are to be placed ONLY on the main roads. This makes access easy for entry and departure, and provides a good route of travel for goods.

Each gate is a 2-stage entryway, with 2 actual gates like a gatehouse. This means that we can expand each "district" independently by just bulging the wall out in that area and attaching it to the nearest gatehouse.

As we expand, more gatehouses get built that'll function for the 2 districts they connect.

Central square needs to be BIG. Each main road needs to be 3 lanes wide at the least.

People need to start keeping shit where it belongs. We can build cart parking lots/stables and the like at some point, but the main goal needs to be ease of access so that we can grow as fast as possible due to our coherence. We've got a decent sized group of people and are capable of working EXTREMELY efficiently if we keep things in order. The more roads and pavement the better, and the less piles of dirt and items the better.

Excuse my awful drawing, as my tablet broke a while back and I'm not really able to replace it right now.

It's already been used.

Wherever we settle on reset, it should be near both clay and tar.

so I'm still way back at the fucking statue we pushed into the ocean and I sure as fuck dont want to walk back

should I just make a new character?

nah just go east from there and start killing shit

trust me

No, because skills will carry over after reset. If you really want to get back somewhere use /suicide. Otherwise just sit tight. We'll probably all spawn in the same place on the new map.

Ask the mods for a teleport to the spawn area on WDR chat(Or whatever it was called) if you don't wan to do

Peat would be nice too, but tar sort of fulfills that purpose.

…………reset?

I wouldn't mind a river rather than shoreline. We could have farms one side, industry the other, but then we'd need a bridge ASAP.

I like the Idea of square districts Every time we expand we just add another 30x30 square. I think the main issue is gettin each house level with each other so it doesnt mess up the roads. You have the first row of houses on the same level the row behind them on another level ect..

By who?

well i think it should looks like that

Did you read the OP?

How about Broka?

According to the server owner, you'll spawn at the same coordinates when the map resets. However, this means you may end up spawning somewhere deadly.

RIP everyone in the mines.

What the fuck?! That means there's a good chance a bunch of people will just fall into water and drown. I guess best we can do then is just head to The Liberty and hope the admin isn't dumb enough to submerge that in the new map.

That's why everyone is heading back to spawn with their carts.

this, what the fuck is going to happen with everyone inside a mine?

also, we should plan the building of the new city

Our carts will remain?

only the characters, rip everything

Our carts and boats might make it over.

At the very least our characters and what we're carrying will make it.

I did now, what the fuck. host is shit

alright, which of these two mat choices looks better for town center? Other thread died before the final decision was made.

Second one.

Personally, I think the swastika and roads should all be the same tile. It just looks too skinny otherwise.

So long, sweet Zanzibarland. It was fun.

So long road that I pulled an all-nighter making.

I'm done with that shit; I'm just going to ride a boat from here on out.

I'm new and need a friend to enjoy this god-awful life with.

Its the wrong time to be new.
Its not the proper time for you to be here.

First

You wont find that here.

while the serb is poo does anybody here play SA:MP and is willing to go fuck around in a sandbox?

The world is about to be destroyed and re-created, so nothing you do will matter aside from skill gains. Go out in the field and forage/botanize; the seeds will be useful later and it's a useful skill to have.

Here's a friend.

This.

Don't bother at all with trying to progress in terms of settlements. Ours is all fucked up from THE RECKONING. Just train skills like woodcutting and foraging and shit and keep anything you want that's important on your person.

THE ADVENTURES OF BOATFAGGOT CONTINUES!
After the great happening the canal have dried out. Dragging doesn't work for some reason so i must push it all the way to the western waters. Can i make it in time?

Build a ship transporter.

I think they froze skill gains, so there's literally nothing to do other than packing up your bags and going to the starting area.

I have no animal to move the cart.

There are thousands on the map now. How blind do you have to be? Brosmouth was covered in at least a hundred of the bastards.

They aren't frozen. If you relog they'll update.

Well i was in the beach area so i had no idea. I'll search for one now.

Why wont some user buy a server service and run WU on it?

You should'a seen them. I was on the beach just west. I'd never seen a wild animal outside a boar or a dog, then all of a sudden dozens of bulls, bison, cows and horses.

They are nearly all dead now.

I have a great server that could probably host this shit but it's not worth it. We need other, law-abiding citizens to support our ways.

Blame Blaank for that then, retarded faggot.

Freedom spawn is a cart orgy now, I can only see this getting to hilarious heights as the last reaming carts make their migration.

Can someone stuck inside the town come online wanna try something

Its pretty much just me doing the list, fam. I'm the one that made it in the first place

This.

Actually, can't people mine their way out of town?

We tried to dig from the outside into the town but the wall stopped us.

Do we have to dig deeper or is THE WALL unbreachable?

can't break wall unless guy who owns it comes online and gives permissions

Wat.

But it doesn't.

wat
How?

I walked right out of that gate just earlier today.

You sure you are not confusing The north-eastern gate with the either the northern or the eastern gate ?

Checked all of them none of them worked but I figured out how to get in and out

THE SIGN OF MAMMON

We dug
Cave entrance faced the river
We started mining downwards for a couple tiles
Turned towards the walls and started mining again
After about 6 tiles we were stopped by the wall, even if the model wasn't actually visible.

Like, you couldn't mine there or couldn't pass?

It was something like "You are stopped by the tall stone wall" in big flashy white text in front of the screen.

Sorry, the stone could not be mined. There was an unbreakable cave wall square.

dead server dead game

what did i expect

Its not our fault, the map got corrupted.

Odd. I don't remember ever seeing that. I know you used to be able to mine under fences. Maybe it thinks the walls are inside the mine. Did you try mining to the gate?

elaborate

what the fuck did i log into

WRC Chat > "Admin tele me to spawn point please"

the end my friend the end

Shit's fucked.

Grab what you can and head to spawn, what you're carrying will carry over. Your cart might carry over so bring it to spawn with you if you can.

There's a silver lining. Thanks to all the trees being reset to their original positions, I've managed to pick 3 Oak sprouts.

What happens if i won't be at spawn?

Terrain restored from 3 month old backup. At least yours is above water.

Your position, x14 y88, which may now be solid ground may become the middle of the fucking ocean.

You will drown and lose all your gear.

Well you're end up somewhere randomly on the map most likely. Or drown/suffocate in the terrain.

If you, and your cart if they carry over, are at spawn they'll like escape this fate.

You'll spawn at the coordinates you were when the map changes. When this happens, you might find yourself in lava, in a lake, in the middle of mycelium, or anything of the such.
Naturally, admins are trying to prevent you forms pawning in the water by teleporting people to the default spawn points on-request.

now my fucking gates broke and i cant destroy it

negros,

does anvil ql effect output ql too, or just success chance?

Anvil ql affects chance, lump ql affects item ql.

Brhodesia seems like a good name to me

I like the name Brozanbarland

But we don't have shorts

we should make a dorf fort

Might work. It would save on trees at least, and generate comedy/rage when people inadvertently tunnel into each others shit.

Alright let's take stock of our shit so we know what we're bringing to the next world.

In addition to my personal tools, armor, and weapons, I have on me:
16x Cotton seeds
15x Wemp seeds
10x Corn
10x Moss
1x Olive tree sprout
3x Oak tree sprouts
41x Leather tails (4.10 weight of leather basically)
2x Reed plants
7x Frying pans
4x Fine fishing rods, all willow
40x Fine fishing line
15x Fine fishing hook
12x Willow shafts to make more fine fishing rods for anons that want them
26x Unstrung willow long bows above 15QL
2x Deed stakes
Large anvil
Rope tool
BSB and FSB with locks for use in the field
An unfinished rowboat that only needs parts gained from chopping down and processing trees

IF WE GET TO KEEP OUR CARTS, then I'm also bringing:
29x more unstrung willow long bows, QL

bear if you're lurking, this is how brazil with dilma is

3700x pumpkin
no tools

Ive got about 160 wemp seeds, 3k kg of logs (I left 3 full small crates full in brosmouth) and my in-progress cog. Ive got some other stuff but that is all I can remember.

You realize that she's getting impeached RIGHT NOW, right?

desperate times

I seriously hope you're not a man

It took a few seconds to realize why you were upset.
I didn't know what this "bear" person question was in first place so, sorry, I think I'm a man.

Legs
-ropemaking
-farming
Though that might change in the new world.

It will be faster if I just took a picture.

WHAT ARE YOU FAGGOTS SITTING AND DOING NOTHING?
GO OUT AND TREE-POCALYPSE IT NOW TO LVL UP YOUR WOODCUTTING!

But I'm moving at snail speed due to the all the shit I'm carrying.

This. We're too fat.

are you guys moving to a pvp server?

FUCK NO we are waiting for the new hand made map to be made and deployed

which could take anywhere from a day to a week

Are they building a fucking bridge to bypass THE WALL?

Yee

In theory you could build a tall enough tower and just run over it from there. I know because I got stuck inside some other faggots village by falling off a cliff once.

Does anyone have video of what the gameplay is supposed to be before I waste my time dling and finding its shit?

If I was a betting man I would say tonight if not maybe 3 days at most and the server has 2 polls up about the map. Something about islands and another about deeds. I'm sure they're closer to finishing than we realize.

if you like minecraft, ark, rust etc. its more or less the same, wurm is much more detailed though (i havent played it that much)

1 Statue of a Little Girl, farted on
1 Potato, called a Son Of A Troll
37 ql1.0 Spoons

I have one of everyone running when the server went full apocalypse, you can have a minimal idea of it. i just have to watch the video myself so i can make sure nothing i don't want you to see is seen

Show me your dick

Show me his dick

How about something like this? Diagonal design is definitely possible, but it might require more space to make it prettier.

It's not like we have a shortage of time to design pretty things :^)

Some of you guys are alright, don't go to the liberty tomorrow.

Why?

ye, and it's a lot of fucking work goddamn

could use some nerds helping

That looks really pretty and stylized.

Looks good, but the problem with the round plaza remains: what goes around it? No ones going to build diagonal houses around it. Maybe garden beds or trees?

I really hope you guys know that SLEEP BONUS has been reset to 5 hours

Also, I'm still trapped in my fucking field. I can't destroy any of the fences with hammers or axes. All my other resources are in my house and I can't get to the Liberty. Legs' farm is just north-west of the walls.

Help?

WRC Chat, "admin please teleport me to liberty"

I can get you out but I'd rather finish this bridge first :^)

gommie farms?

We could also make the pagan look like an actual restaurant

apart from regular equipment, food, a waterbucket and healing covers I've got:

40kg glimmersteel ore
40kg adamantium ore
1 lump of adamantium
2 lumps of seryll
2 black opals
2 source crystals
1 star sapphire
found two treasure chests on my way to spawn

It could be a giant restaurant/Inn thingy, 4 buildings connected with bridges at the top

On the floor level, lots and lots of personal merchants or something

The problem is: If this is the town center, the swastica needs to be 3 tiles wide, otherwise the town center bank thingy will be in one of the 4 corners

Got nothing.

Patience.

Tossing ideas around. Is there anything more important that should be in the town square?

The center has a 3x3 spot right in the middle.

Fug this looks really good.

I like that, looks good.

can you try to make it bigger?

The swastika itself could still be improved a lot. It could be a raised platform, or something else to make it stand out more.

It would be extremely painful at this point. How big do you think it should be?

I don't know if you planned that or not but well done.

If only.

The garden could also be replaced with a mayor's house for Trenhal or whoever takes the mantle this time.

ARE SKILLS NO LONGER FROZEN?

they never were frozen dumbass
log out and log in and your skills menu should update.

Clearly you weren't online when shit hit the fan

Stop talking shit faggot, just logged on and it's still frozen.

this big?

Hey retard, learn to read. The skills don't update while you're playing, you have to relog to see changes.
I've gained a dozen levels of carpentry.

nah fam, the last one was plenty big

is there anything else I should acquire before the reset?

It's already pretty big, here's a comparison with brosmouth.

Hitler dubs approve.

a rake
compass
3 ropes
cotton
something to hold water like a bucket or waterskin could come in handy as well

Go
B I G
or go home.

He never fucking said that faggot.
"skills menu should update" does not fucking equal = "you still acquire exp but it only shows if you log out"

tbh every tile that isn't part of a building is a wasted tile, especially in the center of the village. Place the most important buildings in there, the Inn and Pub can fit into the same "plot" provided our legendary carpenters can finish a 2+ story 138 tile^2 tavern.

Reminder someone will have to build that.

Nice strawman

Sounds good to me. Though, I think it would be best if we just assign a building type to each quarter and let their respective owner(s) design the final building themselves. Only restrictions being no plain wood houses, or something. I still want a small beer garden.
Did you mean to place a fountain or settlement token in the middle?

My god you madmen actually did it.
Now pickup anything worth keeping and get your asses to The Liberty.

the online maps is fixed kind of it shows no buildings on it though
wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap/index.html

I left two crates full of logs in the town centre, someone should get them.

it hurts

Whatever the fuck are they doing? Enjoying wasting money?

Having a fountain in the middle is a pretty big deal, as you don't have to look elsewhere for that water spot which will probably be inside a plot or in the middle of a road.

The settlement token could be placed between the fountain and the townhall.

I'm pretty sure the owner hasn't logged in yet to disband it.

They already disbanded.

How long until the serb owner goes 'Hey guys I fixed the map, now we don't have to reset!'?

what if it was in the beer garden/normal garden?

it's unlikely considering they didn't have regular backups

Alternative design in case you want a bigger swastika. Trying to think of ways to utilize the white area without making it look like shit.

How rare are groundwater spots?

I did, it must have canceled out, I'll hop back on to make sure it goes through.

Can you pray on a fountain though, or is this going to be a Vyronaless land?

make it as small as possible
it's just alot of empty dead space

Reminder to anyone out exploring/treecutting to use the sickle first and take a sprout. Having lots of trees to plant around our barren new map would be dandy.

Even 1QL sprouts are good because QL only affects plant chance, not tree QL.

Has he said he'll start making backups regularly? It seems obvious but

wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27462822-sudden-apocalypse-new-map-server-crashed-big-time

So maybe it wasn't us, then. If the problem went all the way back to march, it's impossible for us to have caused it.

If anyones stuck in their fences or something I'll be staying in town for awhile.

Perfection.

i like this one

I think the point was the backups were corrupted too.

I hope you took a nice tour around town, if you could get out of your home.

It's the same amount of space as
The big question is, can you utilize the space in the middle? Also should there be fences dividing the center circle and the surrounding spaces, or leave it open?

that's what I'm saying, the space in the middle is dead so make it as small as possible
keep it open without any fences that limits movement, people will just get pissed off if they can't move in a straight line across the plaza or areas surrounding it

made a couple of fishing poles anyone wanna fish till the apocalypse?

If you see Vaov online, stuff their retarded wounds ASAP. That nig got us to spawn with their cart and I don't think anyone with us had medicaid.

Is there any way I can get this game without having to have Steam? I don't even care whether I pay for it/get a legit copy, I just want it without Steam if I can get.

Literally read the OP.

If you mean buying it then no, you need steam.

Town hall should be up the Northern road. Center can be shops, parks, and other things.

You can just run it alone like a local serb. Just like gookle it.

whad de fug

That's probably the area of Taka No Dan. That huge village with a lot of dig dug out for some reason.

I'll miss you pederast homosexuals.

Planner from the thread yesterday. I was thinking that this town center would be a better town center, and we can design some of the buildings like swastikas. What do you think?

I think it uses way too much space in service of pixel art.

There's enough land there for atleast 6 people to build horrible houses.

Has anyone got a pelt? Need to improve the damn cart before I can hitch.

You realize there can be more construction radiating out from the town center right? I mean it's a town center.

I don't want to make it too small because this is the town center. I imagine that the town center would be the largest part. We can work on a giant inn together in one of the corners and then we'd work out from there. We will have enough space to work with for other houses, don't worry.

Was there ever a fix for the broken [M] map?

Upto you. In my mind a tonw center only has to have a water source in it. The most important raw material businesses would be around it and thus all of the natural resources would gather there regardless.

But hey, if people are willing to put in the effort to make everything bigger in general, be my guest.

It's just that i've made grand projects before and every time you add a little bit extra it kills your enthusiasm to play a little more by the end of the build itself.

At this point I cut corners and make anything i build smaller and smaller for my own sanity.

the larger you make town square the larger the deed has to be before it start to encompass our buildings, meaning more upkeep
it doesn't have to be a giant fucking tramp stamp announcing to whoever looks on the map exactly what group of people is located there and building a town
you're acting like obnoxious in-your-face faggots with that shit

Sorry Merkel, we'll take down the flag, wouldn't want to be obnoxious by having a group identity or exposing the secret clubhouse.

It's just an issue of finding a flat enough area for it, then leveling it (which is pretty easy). Paving it doesn't take much time or resources either, unless you want to use slabs or something.

This is true. Pic related is what the current size looks from the in-game view, with what I assume is 80 degree FOV. Pretty damn big. I'll see if I can make it smaller.

Are you sure it's not just taking a while to load in? Sometimes village tab doesn't show up for a few minutes after i log in

Village tab only appears when someone speaks in it.

The village was disbanded untill we get the new map.

Alright, I'll make a smaller version after I'm done with my current version.

Why do you think the actual town of Brosmouth was so small? The boarders only encompassed the town center.
I figured if we were to build a new Rome, we will build it bigger and better. The size of it is supposed to display pride.

I vote we keep the swastika town center design. It actually looks pretty good and it doesn't need to be so massive.

Shit, Didn't crop that correctly.

I had a suspicion that this was the case but that sounds kind of weird. What if everyone logs out and logs in at once, do none of them get the village tab?

try again faggot

there's no point in making it that big when the only way you can see it is on the map or from a hill or tall building
it's better to use the space for actual buildings instead

I gave it a shot and tried to make it as easy to build around and as small as possible.

Now that's pretty, yeah, but holy fuck it's still so big.

the woodcutters wont let that last very long

use slate instead of round cobble

TBH the axis aligned swastika one was 15x15 and that already felt huge. Either way the pixel art isn't really that important, the whole thing grew out of someone wanting a layout with wide main streets and the swastika was just a cheeky way of doing the crossing.

They'll need fences surrounding them.
I learned that the hard way.
Fucking newfags cutting down the planted trees in my yard before I had my fences up.

strawpoll.me/10465415

Vote for the town center design you faggots

Better poll.
strawpoll.me/10465427

Ok nigs, looks like I am testing a tool fir the server guys, Tell me what to put in the map.

Who knows, they may actually use this once it is done and they add their fucking spiral mountain.

You're right that is better

I have seen that before
isn't that the fucking DOTA logo?

THE WHITE AREAS CAN BE A HUGE INN CONNECTED BY BRIDGES ON THE SECOND FLOOR

THERE IS NO 'WASTED SPACE'
SHIT DON'T NEED TO BE SQUARE
IT ALSO CAN BE STORAGE DEPOT

Isn't that a Minecraft editor? Put in a volcano.

Oh shit man, I was just messing around with the brushes. I had no intention of making that.

Here's an update, I think it looks better.

I tried making a smaller one, but it's still big.

The people have spoken: we want the swastika. Although really i think it comes down to who is doing the paving

Some seperate islands and riverways could be good. Map looks way too connected and boring to me.

>pure coincidence

Looks like I had the size wrong anyways. Ill remake it with a bigger size for even more shit.

either way it looks like shit

In that case I honestly think we should settle for one of the smaller designs.
24x24 like in is FUCKING ENORMOUS.

Can confirm skillgain still works, just had to relog to see my progress, for some reason.

Mini swastika option. 7x7, open so you can cross over, room for village token, fountain etc. It just requires a little more effort with the roads.

Thanks fam

I'm with satan.

Please make an archipelago map like the ones AoE II generated. Only since it's bigger the islands can be smaller proportional to the overall map and farther apart proportional to their size. But still with at least two big mainland type islands.

Gib example.

Sheeeeeittttt I don't have it installed right now, but let me install it, generate some randoms, and get back to you with some minimaps I like.

I'll check the poll at the end of the day and adjust the symbol appropriately. Opinions on the bridge?

There an ETA on the new map?

I like it.

Yesterday they said tomorrow.

/village

How about this? It's 15x15 and can incorporate buildings into it Stalls just because I found them in the tool

Went back to brosmouth ruins to find a horse to pull my wagon, found a pregnant horse I'll drag back with me along the way.

Also, here's the code if anyone wants to edit my design. What do you think about a combination of a swastika and a lemniscate?
pastebin.com/km4SRM8S

Thanks. I was imagining that the town center would be at the end of that road, so I though it should look grand.

I like this first design quite a bit. It's still large but no excessively.

Furthermore we can us the diagonalpaving to sure up the shape of the swastika without losing anything in the process.

This is the flag of the fallen (almost) kingdom Brosmouth. A moment of silence.

less connected, more rivers

Oh, I forgot about the stalls. Hang on, I"m going to add a couple in to make my plan look more lively. Can we actually use stalls for shit?

Add an island that's all sand and rock and canyons.

You fucks keep saying the center is too big but realise that you're a village with 30-something people, and if zanzibar joins in again it'll be 45-something.

My wurm experience isn't that great but I've seen cities with 15 people tops planned to that sense of scale and it works out fine.

most of zanzibar doesnt really want to join up with brosmouth

I've got 2000KG of ~35QL logs in Liberty, btw, so if anyone has legit need of it there (not grinding bullshit), leave a reply.

If anyone jews 10 silver coins like i did and buy themselves a personal merchant they can sell shit on the stalls with it

2/3 voted no?

maybe these will help you understand
first one is the same as
the rest are with your town squares pasted on top and scaled to roughly match the tile size

We're not doing grids, buddy.

Knowing you niggers it'll probably look more like this :^)

We will rebuild.

I went to Zanzibar because it was closer to spawn and less crowded, plus I was a bit late to the party and wanted to try things out in a less established town.

I'm cool with being a part of the new town.

Do we have a list of name candidates for the new town?

There was an Istanbro at some point right? Has there been a Constantibrople?

If there is a name candidates list, I'll candidate Bronolith.

Big boso literally said he would like to rejoin and there has been no official tally yet on what people want, although a lot of the core seem to want to still make a seperate settlement, I heard.

I'm cool with joining Brosmouth unless alot of people want another Zanzibarland. If the city look nice and has a cool swastika town centre it could be cool. Also it's a good idea to ensure some roads between the 4 main roads so people don't need to go to the town centre to go to a different street.

Splongus here, wouldn't mind either joining new Brsmouth or going on another expedition for Zanz 2.0, but we'll see about that once the new map is set.

Brosboro
St Petersbro
Brolin
Broston
Broca
Brodapest

Speak for yourself. The reason I joined in founding Zanzibarland was because Brosmouth was already well settled and I wanted to help start something new as well as see what it's like to try tame the land from scratch.

The new world's city has my full support.
Until I decide to build a vacation home in whatever colony is made next after this city gets fully settled. Kek.

the reason myself and a few others I know from outside the game joined zanzibarland instead of brosmouth was because of how grossly overcrowed brosmouth got. shit was littered everywhere and the city in general was an ugly mess.

Man, I feel so fucking bad for you. Spend all that time trying to get your house right and then just when it seems okay the apocalypse wrecks your shit.

I was speaking for myself there, that was one of the main reasons I joined too. I'm saying that personally I'm ok with either going in New Brosmouth or a New Zanzibarland, if people want another Zanzibarland then I'm up for that.

This goes to pretty much every single one in the server, so I don't mind that much.

;_;

So I don't want to fuck up anything you guys are already doing (or redoing), but given that you have to rebuild it all anyways, and I'm considering joining, what about:

Kowloon Simalcrum?
A wall of tall buildings around a big area with a few entrances, and then inside a tangled mess of buildings with just enough streets to weave through and have to get to know your way around. It would be really cozy I think.

I guess one of the pros of this downtime is how much time you get planning out your future ranch.

You can always designate one of the quadrant to be the autism district where everything is nice and planned out and you don't get shanked by hobos.

Here's an update. I'm thinking I should make the center of each building larger and closer to the center of the town to make the roofs look less dramatic.
pastebin.com/UMXizLK9

Yeah, let's create an official list.

From the official forums. LET'S BUILD A DOCK, BOYS.

ATTENTION

Do you plan on buying niggers to tend it?

Make an outer heaven, completely away from civilization, our own little place to do as we please

alts are kind of like niggers, right?

Also forgot one

The Brofederacy

Caught me off guard.

THIS LAND IS BROMAN!

GODDAMMIT BOSS
THAT'S THE SECOND TIME

Bromised land

Tbh the game is at 4x speed, you would have to be really fucking efficient to control more than 1 character and not waste time

You didn't see anything.

Should I set up a poll?

I know, I'm just fucking around.

fuck

This. With the action timers as they are there's no real reason to use alts aside from making a priest, and there's already a heap of priests-in-training to cast spells for you meaning there's almost no need for alts anymore.

Might as well make a poll. I know at least me (zardoz) and like five other people are for sure dead set on founding a sister city to new brosmouth

mistakes were made

I like this most.

To me, this looks TOO big. All that resource will take ages to gather.

strawpoll.me/10466118

Brosmouthians and Zanzibarlanders alike are welcome to vote.

No, bring unity to Brosmithians and Zanzibarians!

I'm up for either one, if you want unity then vote no.

kinda pointless to have a vote here, since it would benefit brosmouth for zanzibar to rejoin

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. I have an idea, however. I'll cut make it curve like kidneys almost. Then that'd free up some space around the sides and drastically cut down on resources, but look less of an eyesore.

Who the fuck thought it was a smart idea for animal tokens to weigh a ton, and you not being able to move them out of your inventory

On the contrary, curves will drastically INCREASE the resources.

The wall count increases by a hell of alot by building diagonally, and thus the total carpentry requirements increase aswell.

I will vote yes even though I was never a citizen of Zanzibarland. We must make many more colonies in the far-off future for trade and such, and Zanzibarland will be one of them. We won't make it now, but but we will make it.

My vote is for "Not Immediately"
Until the new city is settled and things are functioning properly a new colony really wouldn't be prudent.

Actually you could just build multiple smaller buildings with single tile roads between them, that'd give you 'diagonal' appearance whilst keeping construction requirements quite low.

It'd also be much more bearable as each house could be a goal to complete rather than the daunting task of building some 50 tile monstrosity.

Considering my original plan. It will cut down on a lot of resources.

Show me what you mean.

I still like my plan. :(

Bias, I know.

It's hard to make the infinity symbol look nice at small sizes since it has round parts. Maybe diagonal paving can help a little but I don't think it gets smaller than ~10 tiles without being unrecognizable.

I like yours as well. I had something similar to it in the other thread.

fug

How about a confederate flag?

I voted 'no', but I could go with either. I think you should've put options like 'not yet' and 'both are fine'.

get a poll up, I've decided

I dont think im going to build a house again. I'm just going to get a wagon and be a wandering nomad bringing supplies back to town every once in a while. I built two structures and i dont think my autism can handle it again.

You could rent a bed. Surely somebody will become an inn-keeper.

You could live as a slave in my house :^)

I like the little roofing archways to the side as well, with or without the houses behind them.

Even if rain is nothing but a cosmetical thing it just looks cozy to take shelter under it. Also it reminds me of my own city

How do I talk to the stable master? It doesn't give me an option to talk to her.

(checked)
first lead an animal with rope then talk
plus it costs about 12-13 copper

FUCK, I have no money.

60000 minutes in ms paint. I don't think diagonals will help much. Maybe the diagonal swastika would benefit more.

Hold on. Are half-tiles possible in Wurm? Didn't know that.

so is it only RARE carts and wagons that will get moved over?

No, any cart/wagon that you're particularly fond of can get moved over. But it has to be empty. I would assume you load your crates with your stuff onto the carts, and then load the crates off at the dock where the admin sends us to the next server.

don't realy care for the cart itself, it's the items on the cart I care about

"TheGMan" here, my primary job is Fisherman.
Think I might become a Forager for my second job.

since the server don't have PVP
I can just go into the spawn with my large cart, since it already comes with an shitty lock, right?

Pretty much, everyone else is there already.

Is the new server out yet?

New map, we aren't moving to a new server.

And no, it isn't.
By the way, there's a poll open in the game right now asking about how people want the new map to be, go vote.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Paving
gonna do some more designing

Which way from the Liberty is the Brosmouth ruins? I wanna try to get my wagon and park it at the Liberty.

What're the options?

did we lose anyone in fagnarok?

northwest

So how about this?

:::::Spawn Deeds::::: *Will have a large Perimiter, to allow for easier future expansions. *Will be located with easier accessibility to water, and possibly start with smoe sort of Dock area.

Options to vote:
I like that idea.
I don't like that idea.

:::::The Terrain::::: *Will have some more small islands. *Will have biomes restriced to parts of the map. (desert south, tundra north, etc) ***Will start with a lot more trees and bushes.

Same vote options.

I like it.

I'm at work, so I can't check. Which won?

we should settle in the tundra if it's an option

Tundra isn't as good as grassland

steppe, niggers is where all the fun is at

Claustrophobic housing around it tho

No idea yet.

UPDATE : dock need to be made on western coast or any open ocean\lake that lead to western coast.
if you plan to use your own boat\ship, just sail there an wait till EXODUS begin.

Here's a more refined version of what I was going for. I think I'll likely remove the roofs on the back area to make it all just wall.

How'd you get diagonals like that?

click on the triangles in the top left that are labeled NW NE SE SW

Thanks.

So wait, how is the map wipe going to work?

All I have is a small cart and a bunch of shit in my inventory. Do I need to get to that dock, or will I just spawn in the new area later when the server restarts?

Welp. Who wants to build a Dock?

Can whoever owned the Pagan please liberate the food for us so we can eat?

I gave it another shot and this is as small as I could get it while keeping it square and it ended up 9x9 which is pretty good I think. I don't like the three tile wide roads though.

I prefer the Holla Forums logo square, the swastika is really edgy and pretty gay.

Looks great mang.

The dock will be made by admin's. They will tell us where to go and we will walk/sail there. We will then sail to the new map once it is made.

This looks pretty cozy.

I have a feeling we're going to end up with new zanzibarland using the 8 and brozil using the swastika.

We'll be teleported actually, but only you. If you want to save your items and carts and whatever you need to go to the location by yourself.

thats some high level

I like this.

Wait so do we know where they're building the dock yet? Is it even accessible from Liberty by land?

Somewhere in the west.

We should make the dock at brosmouth, the rest of the continent would take ages to get to and brosmouth has an ocean connection.

It's also relatively close to Liberty.

UPDATE2 : we CANT teleport you with anything (horse\cart\wagon\boat\ship) - ONLY you and just you can be teleported. SO IF you like to travel to new server with your things YOU NEED to make trip to western cost to docks (what need to be made by someone ) and wait there.

How west are we talking here?
Because the ruins of Zanzibarland are west of The Liberty.

So wait, stuff inside boat isn't coming after all?

I have no idea where those are.

YOU JUST NEED TO GET TO THE WEST/EAST BORDER OF THE MAP. THAT WILL PUT YOU IN THE NEW MAP.

I proposed using port royale as a meeting point for ships but it doesnt really matter where you are.

THEY ARE NOT BUILT YET YOU CHUCKLEFUCK
READ THE THREAD

Just to clarify, that will be the process once the new map is made.

I'm pretty closed to port royale, so that works for me. It's a shame the ship I've been working on is pointless, though. (Aside from being a good source of skill training.)

Im making my cog, ill store your shit for you.

This is pretty cozy, and I think my town center might require too much autism even for Holla Forums to complete. Could you post the bastebin code for this? I want to make a comfy town hall using your town center.

pastebin.com/QpDgqUQH

I didn't really have much shit, I was mostly planning on using the boat as a way to bring over lots of lumber so I didn't need to chop many trees.

> Please begin making dock

Well I can help with that. My cog can store about 51 small crates.

I assumed the wording of meant that only items on your person are being transferred.

Wait, what the fuck?
I actually have to move my character?

So we have to leave Liberty to go to the Border?

pastebin.com/aRKFCHxP

There's not much space to build around it because it's on the edge of the planner, but you can see my first two attempts.

Construction in the new map has begun, please report to the docks to be ferried over

I assume the 'docks' means port royale?

It is like in normal Wurm Online where you have to go to the map border to travel between maps.

Where are the docks?

Wait, what docks?

What are the coords of the docks?

2854 659

Can someone give me a heading from liberty? The vanilla client doesn't have co-ords.

Can somebody marks the coords on the map? My compass is being fucky.

Ditto for me. I'm Skell and I'll be on in a minute.

Is this what we are actually going to do? move to another land and just set up there?

That's the plan.

We might have to cleanse the natives first, but yeah. This map is fucked.

what fucking docks?

So wait, are we able to sail over to the new map already? Or is it not up yet?

not up yet. people are just memeing

So do we need to head over to those coordinates yet?

what happened about waiting for hte new map? and shit i swear i feel like 2-3 dudes are doing this and will split us up. I don't want this guys we are brothers

I'm assembling a team for a pre-exodus mission. Anyone who wants in PM Kriegerr and type /invitations

not yet, you could gather there though.

Who's in the team so far?

We ARE waiting

About 10 of the regular faggots

This is the new map we're talking about, we're not changing servers. We're sailing to another map on the same server.

Sent you a PM. It's /tell, right?

Yes, sir. /tell Kriegerr. You can also click my name in the WRC list

Can you see the message?

Name?

Splongus.

We can't actually bring our carts now, right?

Fresh nigga joining for the first time here.
Do I spawn in freedom?

Uhhh…

You're just in time for the wait-until-admins-get-off-their-asses event.

Lovely.
Back to SWG then.

You are gonna want to wait for now. The server is changing maps.

[15:02:01] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:02] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:03] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:04] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:05] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:06] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:07] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:09] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:09] Gamemaster digs a hole.
[15:02:11] Gamemaster digs a hole.

kek
What the fuck is he doing it for?

building the dock maybe

this is so fucking retarded

If I log off while in the docks and not in Liberty, will it be okay?

You'll be buried under a mountain of dead horses, but otherwise you should be ok.

HAPPENING

FUCK. I was on my boat in the middle of the ocean. Am I fucked?

You're fine.

I have no fucking idea of what's going on so I'm just making a new large cart and leaving it with 1 plank left to finish

I thought the new server was a new map? Isn't the old map staying the same until we evacuate?

So how long is the server reset even going to take?

Not a clue m8, it's really hard to understand what the GM says.

SHIT

Wurm servers can have multiple maps, you sail from one to another. We're simply transitioning to a new map because this one is toast, once the transition is done they'll probably nuke it and leave it as a single-map server again.

They're adjusting token weights. Nothing to freak about, fam.

Both the old map and the new map will be on at the same time so we have time to migrate

Plan so far, as i understand, is to build a fleet of Cogs to transport our shit to new map.
I say fuck the Carts and Wagons - ill make new ones on the other side.
We building the ships at Liberty the spawn. For more information :
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cog
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ship_transporter
wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27465093-mission-exodus/post/last#last

Contact Kriegerr for invite to team chat

Lads, how do I fix the launcher? I can't click the little cog button.

Here's what I managed to salvage from Zanzibarland for the trip to the new world. It's not much, but I hope it helps.

We'll need the wagons for their speed so that we can get the best spot in the new world. Do you want the others on the server with their wagons to out pace us to the best locations?

So should I be getting to the docks?

Alright, how can i get a ride?

If we have boats, then that's even faster. We'll want to start building on the coast, anyway.

You can ride with me if you want comfy instead of third world normalfag ships.

does this man have horses for me

We're back fam. Log back in and pm me again

that man is a horse

I'm gonna go start another zanzibarland with a few others and I presume whoever else voted yes on the poal

oh! I guess I'll go lead him then

docks here we come

bring him or you aren't coming

I'm with you comrade. I have most of our seeds on me.

So the GM is talking about building a dock south of liberty even though it's a lake. You can sail to other maps from a lake?

What's the point?

I liked the zanzibar community better, and trees

Just make it a district of the Broman Empire then nigga.

I still don't understand.
That community is us. The new land will have trees everywhere.

also dont like cities in wurm with more than 20 people. more likely to have faggots who steal and waste

C'mon nigger.

I really wouldn't advise doing Zanzibar 2.0 immediately. The focus should be on rebuilding the main city first. Aid your brothers in their time of need, user.

t. owner of the largest tower in Zanzibarland, builder of the rice fields and three forges, raider of the neighbors' shit.

You deserve to get your stuff stolen.

Zanzis aren't people, so I could see why you'd live among them, then.

Fo sho.
When where?

I do lock my doors, but community storage and other things that arent literally bolted to the ground tend to get emptied by niggers because the larger a community is, the less personal it becomes.

I never had that problem once in the history of Brosmouth.
Stop being retarded.

Are you saying we should have some kind of officiator who requisitions communal goods?

We should wait to make another Zanzibarland. We need to get Brome up and running first, then we can split off and make trade.

Sounds like a bad idea.

Can anyone make a poal.me for the town name? Every time I try making a poll, it just hangs.

Libertini snuck up behind me inside my house once.
I locked my doors after that.

Why though? Brome being established won't get outer heaven up and running any faster. Might as well just develop our towns simultaneously. No point working to build a town when you're just going to leave soon after anyway. Besides we can still trade with half built cities. I'll bring you faggots some logs when you inevitably clear cut your whole forest.

the only thing that you cant set up immediately is a mine. everything else you can do pretty much as soon as you get there

Is Brome the official name now?
I wanted Bronolith

Lads I would forget about trying to get the Zanzibarlandians to join Brome.
They're the kind of faggots that need break away from the main group to do something "unique and special" to feel good about themselves.

They don't belong in Brosmouth.
They are one shit meme away from being redditors.

have anyone gotten to load up their items? or is it only the empty cart that gets loaded?
information on what's going on is very sparse

You're right though that it's pointless trying to get us to join. Some people like the hustle and bustle of the city while some people like tiny rural communities.

GM's not loading crates at the moment because apparently animal tokens are being fucky.

admin's four crates is too jewish, I'm packing enough high QL lumber for the whole town to feed on

can anyone here fit 4 sm crate, 1 lg barrel and a large cart?

You're aware Brosmouth had it's "hustle and bustle city" AND "tiny rural communities" right?

How do you mean? If you're talking about the farms built ten feet away from the crowded city that doesn't count as rural.

Hah, way to never explore the greatest city on the server, faggot.

CITY? BROSMOUTH WAS A COUNTRY!

we wuz almost kangs n shiet

How?

NEW INFO
The new map is NOT READY - GMs will announce in forums and in-game when its ready!

Building a Brolympus Fleet at NORTH LIBERTY DOCKS (well at least i am)

he's selling large crates to people who can't make them

I wanted Lel Aviv
Brome feels goofy because it's already been done once but it's admittedly a pretty good name.

We should build a huge fucking pyramid

I still like brodesia

We wuz almost kangdoms n shet

Well

These two things never occur in the same individual.

I'm confused, is it okay to stay at liberty or do we all have to get on boats to transfer our characters to the new server even if we don't have carts?

Anmd do we got south where the admins are floating around or do we go to north where the Bros are at

You need to boat to the new map.

if you want your things you need to go by boat

Right now there's no map to get on boats to sail to. Focus on packing your things in crates or helping other anons build boats.

Fucking slavic filth.

Map is being made by completley different guy, he's not even a GM i think

How much cotton/hemp do we have? Is there still the box full at Bros, or did someone pack it up?

Ive got all the wemp

it's lit

no the dude doing the map is the dude building docks and roads n shit atm

That's not how cross-server travel works in Wurm tho

buy my crates goyim

Why do any of this before the map is even made?

The bad kind of autism.

Tfw too poor to afford stablemaster service

I know that feel, afforded it once back when tokens were 75kg.

Its called being prepared.

Not with that attitude, it doesn't.

actually I have the cotton, now I just need a tailor

do we only have one? lib's jerking off

Lib shouldn't be long. We need a loom anyway. Someone should go nig the one from Brosmouth

Dumping some shots of the Exodus Shipyard

nigger, there is no secret passphrase

I'm just gonna put this here, since it was posted to me a few minutes ago and it seems like you guys don't know (and I'm not ingame to check).

[18:20:06] you wouldnt happen to know how close the new map is to being finished eh
[18:20:38] It's at about 0%
[18:20:42] Since I haven't started yet

What should I build to transport cart when on boats

How the fuck am I meant to use the stable master? She doesn't have any context menu options.

Awesome. So glad we chose to stay on this server.

he said yesterday could take 7days idk why people keep posting literal lies in red text up in here

Those crates aren't going to sell themselves user

Pownstar is the faggot admin who always have a problem with us, he want us out of the server.

based

yeah apparently people dont fucking know so

Pownstar = dude who owns the server

Masayk = cool russian who codes WHO doesnt own the server

Do you know where you are?

I don't see why it would take 7 days, though. There's literally a map generator that comes with the game. It's IN the section where you host a server. All he has to do is go in, put spawns down, and then make a market and he could do the market part after letting us all in.

I don't understand why it could possibly take 7 days. Honestly, it's not like he's going in there and hand crafting the world. It's a generation tool if anything.

he does handcraft it though thats whats gonna take forever, hes gonna rebuild the starting towns and all that horseshit

This.

he literally said it niggers not gonna go find it in the logs cause we'll find out either way but its not 1 push auto creation, look at the fucking map were on he fucks around with it for awhile afterwards , look at the spiral in the center of the map or anything else that was obvisouly manmade, its gonna be like wedensday at the earliest if were fucking lucky

You missed "Puppeteer" Vagnar

Also, as far as planning our next town goes…

I hope he's not going full nigger and at least uses cheats for the job

how

Broschwitz?

This fucking cunt is hurting my dick so severely how do I fix this

money has to be inside your bank a.e dropped into a token

inb4 this fucking token mod bullshit doesnt even work on the new server cause its a new creature/item database

nm i guess it has to be the same shit, cause of our items carrying over

I am passing through brosmouth

anyone need cotton?
I got 7

Alright well then how do I deposit money into the bank?

inb4 this breaks the server again and it takes another week to exodus

As a reminder, when you build your new house in the new world, try and be goddamn sensible about cleaning up after yourself

t. Self-Appointed Public Works Commissioner Cham

As an amendment, if you're building a house, TELL ME and I'll even come help you get shit together and cleaned up.

The faggots that were grinding with copper chain in the mines should be tarred and feathered.

Yeah. If you're making an item by grinding and it's not an item you'll be using, it needs to either be given to someone who uses it or put int the storehouse.

T R A S H H E A P S

The kike in heels
your shekels she steals

Spitbricks here, still a cook and fisher.

THE FLEET GROWS WITH EACH STRIKE OF THE HAMMER

Where is the fleet and how do I join you fellas?

Is there a tar pit anywhere around?

What's your name, friendo?

I am still at the spawn point
FrauleinCaterina

Are you in the right server? I dont see you in the list

Could you send me a /tell?
And yeah, am in the right server, unless we changed from the one in the OP.

So have we settled on a name yet?
Bromen Empire
Brolympus
Brometheus
New Brosmouth

I've been away all day, how do I get my shit transferred?

Why rush? It's not as if we'll get a new map any time soon.

need a shitton of wemp for thick ropes for the ships, anyone got some?

I have some in brosmouth. Should I go back and make ropes?

unless there's a ton at the docks. I can make the ropes myself, just need the wemp

In two to three weeks, the new map should be ready. See you bros then.

fuck I don't want to wait that long.

Don't let him get to you. It'll never be ready.

even when it is, bet you it will only take 2weeks for this to happen again, between everyone bringing as much with them as they can, and everyone on server rebuilding save will corrupt again

New server when?

The GM hasn't even started it.

He's completely redoing the Freedom and Horde spawn towns.

He's got to hand-craft every anomalous structure and environment.

Then comes the bug testing, which will take god-knows how long.

We'll be lucky to be back in two weeks, but my target is resting a month.

So what do I do now? I'm at the Liberty.

Do I just try to find a manned ship that will take me near the world edge?

Just use track to find out whoever chopped them and flog them.

Help people make boats. The some guys need a wemp fiber for rope so you can try to get them some.

We're going to the promised land.

that moment you realize people waiting for star citizen are less delusional than this

This. Their autism wont let them just have a map that people can build upon. It has to be PERFECT AND HAND CRAFTED WITH SPIRAL MOUNTAINS. It's fucking stupid and everyone is going to stop playing while we wait.

You could do 10 pieces of a boat every day, and still make it in time for the move to the new land.

Are you at the dock that's north of Liberty?

Doubtless the Holla Forums surge to his shit server was interpreted by him as being something he was entitled to as the greatest GM of all time. He won't rush on our behalf.

I decided that it was best to downsize from my original plan. So here's a much smaller version as well as a fresher look. Need help with the landscape and window placement, but I like it. What do you guys think?
pastebin.com/pMxB2U7p

Here's a comparison between my original and my new.

How would it take to remove those beautiful spiral mountains? I'm not above writing a bot to do it.

I KNEW WE SHOULD'VE MOVED TO ANOTHER SERVER

Are there even any other viable private servers? This is the only one I've even heard of

We could move at any time though m8. If this admin fucks around for half a week or something we can always change then.

strawpoll.me/10471181

He likely won't drive us out, but he will likely take forever to the point we're no longer interested.

wait, shit

This is probably the plan honestly, that way it's just him and his special snowflake autistic people in the special new world.
That being said, he might also like having the server full, even if its full of people he dislikes. Could go either way.

he doesnt care, server went up in like decemeber this apparently isnt the first time server has died either if you read the blog posts on their website wurmian.cloudapp.net/story/the-dragons-attack/ i cant find a date for that though

time for bed
was fun salvaging shit and building boats
lets see what my shipbuilding is up to when I log in tomorrow, started banging on the first corbita with 1 in shipbuilding

I literally just started helping some guy build a ship with 1 in ship building too. He already assembled all the materials for me start working with before he logged off for the night.

Damn, maybe we should try to find another if it's going to grenade every few months.

Why?

its split 50/50 right now

Holy shit the fucking gm literally said he was getting started on the map generation before he got off today, what is wrong with you lot?

Well, they are the bad kind of autist.

Pownstar, just fuck off.

If I gets it up within the original time frame, I'll be very surprised and pleased, and luckily return.

Yeah, it only took him like 2 days to actually do anything about the ruined server. And even then, considering how fucking lazy he is and how happy he is to jew everyone ingame, it's going to fucking take him forever to make a new map when it could've been done the same fucking day the original map fucked up.

Can we PLEASE just find a new server?

yeah i dont understand why he didnt push the random terrian button a few times connect them and let us play WHILE he fucking does the starting town bullshit

You know how extremely painful deviating from a master plan can be for an autist.

See: All of the people in this thread that want to stick around while being treated like shit by this cunt

I'm for giving the server one more chance, even if I have a bad feeling about the exodus and the resettling.

Honestly, if someone can find another private server I don't see why all of us need to stick together. As long as the server is actually decent, half of us can move over and the other half can stay.

He's been too busy trying to jew people by selling them large crates that people can't make themselves because they've already been told to leave whats left of their homes. Or he's been building some autistic dock for some reason, when other people were already going to do it/already doing it.

why the fuck do you care anyway? we've been playing for a week or less, by the end of the month people will be bored and it'll be death because wurm is pretty much meaningless as it is

you build the comfy city and grind your skills and then what? people will quit out of boredom

Ugh.

If you build for days on end you only have yourself if you get burnt out. Go kill shit instead of mining for 50 hours straight

you mean stand afk for 3 minutes the game?

even dwarf fortress has better combat gameplay

There's also PvP to think about on a server that isn't shit.

pvp is a hit and miss really, it's too easy for an autistic sperg to shit on a collective group of newbies

All we'll have to do is designate our target and the shitting will begin and never end.

the only endgame in wurm is that which you make with other players, the uniques were boring as fuck last time i played this and Rifts look like more of the same

if there isnt a pvp community for Hota/Arena Wurm gets super fucking boring after the intial build village phase

Then leave

Why are you worried people are gonna get bored 5 months later, do you actually care

You can still duel others to the dead you know.

You don't really want to play on an actual PvP server when 4 newbies with a 1 QL bow can kill an FS 70 guy in palte armor

Adolf vs. Goldbergsilverstein in the town square to decide the fate of humanity.

I won't argue that the combat's good, but it's more than just standing still.

But then we could actually have newbie archer guards and give them shit to do.

no you can't duel stops before you would die, and who the fuck wants to duel anyway

did you read nigger?

it won't be 5

Well shit, its going to be one of those days. No matter who I support, cancer wins.

I saved this on Holla Forums back in 2014

Who's reddit???

I enjoy the game for its sandbox and survival elements but it's the poorest execution you could possibly think of and it pisses me off there's nothing better around

Heck haven and hearth would beat this in a heartbeat if it got proper modular house building and more pve content

Yeah.

I know your kind, you are never satisfied and will make a scene until everyone cave because you say so.

Go back to picking 300 wheat for a house and digging what was it? 40 boulders for a cellar.

I haven't touched haven and hearth since it went to 3D shit.

But I disagree, nobody wants to study frogs and shit all day.

That day feels like everyday, nowadays.

you didnt even read the part you quoted that's just pathetic man

Yea reddit steals memes
What are you even on about stupid?

BTFO

your playing checkers not chess nigger

PVP is important in this game for mid/longterm gameplay and im not talking about a new server im talking about the HOTA and to a lesser extent the Arena on the server were on

Based retard won the reddit argument #1249

who are you

So are we ready to rock and play again or is the server still fucked?
I'm very unsure as to what this boating shit is going on is the new map up but you need to boat to it if you have more than the shit on your person?

you know reddit made those right?

smug anime reaction images has always been the highest form of argumentation.

bottom two parts are swapped around for some reason

Here's a legitimate argument for you you fucking shitter. You didn't even do shit either, you just pounced on someone's victory and started shitposting .webms at people like you were worth anything and now you come up with this shit. Smug anime girls aren't even at the top. Did you go to Holla Forums just to grab this you sweaty fat neckbeard? Or did you actually SAVE it? Either way I can smell you form here even though I can't even see you so PLEASE I IMPLORE kill yourself and have a pre-paid burial plan ready so your corpse doesn't start bothering the whole town like the fat fuck lard you are it will probably take a month or so to decompose. But oh who am I kidding you're probably going to reblog this or repost on fucking reddit even though you were pretending you dislike reddit a few minutes ago, probably doesn't have courage to even become an hero you fucking faggot do you in first place? Oh wow look, you posted another .webm, probably learned this shit on reddit too, yeah so cool posting a meme pyramid and then ignoring it right away as if you were any better you huge newfag. We're going to build a wall and make you pay for it you fucking Mexican. Did you know that I raped your mother, your father and you unknown sisters just to get them STDs form this big moon dick? Without a condom on. Get bent you spearchucking nigger today is the day where we dunk your kind off. You can try to stop me, but you know you can't stop me because a fucking mexican ain't got the fucking balls. Do you think you're really helping the fight against reddit by being a subhuman animal? Probably considering how you're doing that right now, cuckhold. If only antony burch could become a friend to you maybe you'd have some glory left in your name, but oh look at that, you're probably contacting him right now aren't you? Have my smug anime girls folder since they seem to make your dick throb so hard you fucking degenerate. I hope you enjoy it as much as you enjoy raping goats, you fucking muslim. Maybe one day you will embrace nippon values and produce something worthwhile on your life, but for now we have to deal with your worthless presence on 8ch as if anyone had to deal with that ugly shit you pour out of your mouth daily, faggot. Enjoy you are smug.

TL;DR

Okay funny man

What needle QL do I need to make a square sail if my clothmaking is only 15? I have a QL20 right now, but it's still unavailable.

Like I was pretending to like Reddit a few minutes ago. I wasn't even in the main argument of your shit fit. I don't even know why you're so anally annihilated, but getting salty at someone via mistaken identity is pretty embarrassing considering this board has ID's. But keep up the salt. It fuels me.

keep leveling your clothmaking. You can't even make good meditation mats until level 22.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sail

You claim to read ID but he's not me you were arguing with

Wait

Once the new map is up are we just going to go to the proposed building location at snail speed? Some people are carrying around 150kg+ of lumps of ore or logs.

I was busy watching Bethesda shit the bed, anything new in the last few hours?

Nigger we've been on all day long. People are making boats to sail to the new world with all their shit. We're also going around looting everything we can because the patch broke alot more than just this server. It fucked over every server to varying degrees, even the MMO servers.

That's what carts are for.

rip

They can be loaded onto boats.

We'll make carts as soon as we arrive.

Please don't fucking kill cart/wagon pulling animals.

THE FLEET RISES

Watch boats not get carried over.

We have to use boats to get to the new server.

You missed the point completely. There was no argument i was part of.

could you expand on this? i've been away all day, i have no idea what's going on. what patch, how did it break things?
whatever this patch is fucked up wurm unlimited AND official wurm online servers? what the fuck is the deal?

new map i would assume, user. there's no point in doing a bunch of shit if you're going to go to another server, you just connect to it and start from scratch. as far as i know making boats and sailing to another map is possible but only if the other map is still on the same server as the map you're currently on.

What?

In wurm, servers are connected by water, if there's a server to the north, you sail north and end up in a different server. Continents are considered servers, in other words.

which begs the question 1) are you absolutely certain of that and 2) so the general consensus, in a single day, flipped head over heels from "no don't you dare leave the server" to "okay everyone get their shit we're going to a different server"? What changed, exactly? Did people realize they could migrate to another server with items and skills intact and decided to do so?

1. You're a retard.

what

What?

The GMs haven't made it yet.

Is this rocket science to you?

yall niggas better be pretending to be retarded

The new map. Which will be hosted on a separate server at the same time as the current map. At least, that's what the admin said.

i'm retarded for asking questions that aren't jumping to conclusions? i'm pretty damn new to wurm like a lot of other anons in this thread, and i have virtually no information at all about how wurm servers work whatsoever. I'm just asking for clarification, if you want to lambast me for asking for confirmation of information, you're fucking retarded.

As I said, I haven't been following. I'm the one who posted the thread and haven't been here since. Clearly I'm far from the only one with these questions. Just call people retards and don't explain why.

So I thought before joining, grinding autistically at something that FUCKING EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY HAS COVERED, and then screaming like a liberal about "I should be able to make muh living wage at muh dream job", I'd just ask:

What specialists does the collective need more of?

Ropemaking and farming. We're lacking dude wemp lmao and people who can actually make it into rope

Tamer

4th post in the thread, fam.

When you've got a gigantic wiki to tell you how everything works, yes, you are a retard. Jump to your conclusion, retard.

They do that, same thing with the portcullis

Just treat it as banter mate

with a 25ql needle and 27 cloth tailoring, I had a 8% chance to make a square sail.

jesus christ you imbecile, the wiki isn't going to tell me why most people in the thread from last night/early this morning were crucifying people for suggesting we leave the server and then less than 24 hours later in this thread everyone seems to be on board with leaving.

Fucking hell are you a faggot.

i had that thought already, but banter is witty or tongue in cheek at least. this is dangerously close to fucktarded stupidity and i'd rather not have massive faggotry spreading into Brome.

It's going to tell your dumb nigger-filled ass how servers and maps work. Obviously it won't fix all of your problems, but that's why I told you to jump. KYS, if you need that spelled out for you, too.

that's what i thought at first but i wouldn't be so quick to maintain that line of thinking
for one thing, you're going to need some semblance of carpentry/masonry/whatever if you want to self-sufficiently build your own home, among other things
for another, yes there are a million masons but masonry and carpentry are the cornerstones no pun intended of forming a town/city. You really can't have too many, especially when it comes to throwing around ideas for doing community-based large scale projects, like building a shit ton of colossi around our settlement.

Outside of that, I would suggest doing shit you just feel like doing and/or shit you think people are going to always need. The past couple nights i've been looking into being a cook or whatever with farming on the side; people will always need food. Since the server got fucked however i decided to put that off until we've established ourselves elsewhere, but you really can't go wrong trying to fill a role for which you can't have too many professions of.

I mean there's no such thing as too much food, we could always trade away any surplus and make ourselves richer.

How long is it going to take these admins to fix this shit? It's like they want people to leave.

Okay, I'll start with rope and gardening, throw in some horse whispering as I get to it, and maybe hauling if that's actually a skill. A lot of stuff like hunting/foraging seems pretty sparse so I may go for MAXIMUM DIVERSITY if I have time, though I imagine that's mostly because most of the faggots won't register their talents for the list.

Now I just need to wait for Mega's shitty meme downloader to stop freezing up my sidebar so I can download the game, learn how to play, and choose a memelicious name.

But that tells me only about supply with no info about demand, which was what I really needed to know.

Masonry sort of seems to go without saying, but yeah I'll work on it.

he said 1-7days

I'm now convinced he's hoping we'll leave so we don't stress the server so much.

the last time i asked this the response was that the admin was leaving the server running for people to grab their stuff (as I mentioned in the OP) and waiting a bit for people who don't log on every night to get a chance to see what happened and react to it, give them a chance to salvage shit.

I would assume that the majority of that server's playerbase, though, we probably active on a daily basis (especially thanks to the start of these threads mere days ago) and that almost everyone who used that server has gotten their things together by now.

This is fun

pastebin.com/7iTCX6dj

Advice?

He sounds like a hack fraud who can't fix the server.

Let's try this without me being a retard this time.

I honestly think the cool Russian guy is the one who actually knows what he's doing, end even he has problems figuring stuff out. Compared to pownstar he's like Holla Forums incarnate though.
The admins are pretty incompetent.

Wait, is there a max size for buildings?

If he know what he was doing then he wouldn't take up to 7 days to fix it. It shouldn't have taken as long as it has.

I know, I was agreeing with you.

I'm pretty sure the owner or someone close to that needs to insert their pet project spiral mountain before they allow us to enter the new map.

In 7 days no one will want to play Wurm again, Brosmouth will be population 2 by then.

Is there another server we could use?

Not unless you own Unlimited.

We're still playing on the current server. It's not like we're unable to log on. We have a fleet being built and we're stockpiling materials so that we can immediately settle down again once the new world is open to us.

You are aware that everyone is using Unlimited, right?

dependent on your carpentry

Boats won't make it, carts won't either.

I said "own", as in bought.

he knows how to code or whatever but hes fucking shit up on a game balance level,knows nothing about wurm..etc

he tried to setup a portal on my deed for 2hours, then Pown had to come and teach him how to do it

he was testing the summon item commands, and left one of the most powerful shields ingame wurmpedia.com/index.php/Iron_Scale_of_Libila on the ground for a player to pickup and would of gone unnoticed if the player wasn't braggin about it in global.

wants to fuck up Trader mechanics, said he wants to rewrite the entire skill system..etc..etc

the nigger literally scares me

welp, another few replies and this thread will be at post limit. if anyone wants to make the next one now would be the time.

You don't need to buy something to own it. Are you fucking retarded? All we need is an IP address.

Or do you think everyone playing here connected to the current server using a legit copy? Pirate friendly servers exist.

My point is that this is the only one.

Nigger they fucking said to make boats and load your shit on. Where have you been? That's how everybody's bringing their shit over. When the map is open we sail to the edge of the map and load into the new world.

Those who don't do the whole boat thing can use their public boats and are limited to 4 large crates.

God, how the fuck can you be so oblivious to the completely transparent message he was sending you.

Also, you seem entirely ignorant of the very basic concept of ownership. Ownership != use.

For future reference say what you fucking meant.

All it took was "we can't find a pirate friendly one" you obscure plunderfuck.

I've been asleep, and it's not like I can read the last 750 post thread that's been deleted.

The only thing completely transparent here is your list of life accomplishments.

I try not to treat people like they're retarded.

Meaning my achievements are universally acknowledged?

Were you locked in a box and fed asbestos for several years or something?