Medieval Vidya

ITT: Post, discuss and recommend games set during the Medieval ages, primarily ones where you play as a knight/medieval infantrymen.

M&BW

Medieval 2 Total War

Total War Attila (AoC to be more specific)

All the Witchers if you are willing to get into fantasy (like M&BW is)

Legends of Eisenwald (another low-fantasy medieval game)

Crusader Kings II

Age of Empires II

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

For Honor :^)

Reign of Kings :^)

Gothic I II III (fantasy)

ArcaniA

The 1257 mod for M&B Warband is great.

these pictures aren't funny, stop posting them in every thread faggot.

No

poorfag detected.

I'd also recommend Exanima to anyone who hasn't tried it. It's an isometric dungeon crawler with physics based combat. The controls and fighting are wonky as hell at first, but when you get used to it it's a lot of fun. The realistic armors and weapons are nice too.

Post yours, whilst I bite my thumb at thee, implicator

By recommend I mean pirate. There's not enough content to really justify the purchase, and the game is pretty much a glorified tech demo.

Really? I was thinking about actually supporting the dev, think it's not worth it?

I haven't kept up with the development cycle at all, so I can't say.

Guess I'll have to take a look, I've seen the threads about it and it looks both difficult and interesting.

While we're talking about early access shit, anyone here played battle brothers? It looks great and the reviews are positive but I generally don't trust Early access.

About early access you say?

Don't know about yous, know anything about mine?

I'll come at thee in my bare gambeson, nigger.

Come play Wurm Unlimited with Holla Forums. It's super medieval

Mayhaps I shall teach you the ways of civilization, barbarian

War of the Roses, the game. Fucking masterpiece, precise hitboxes, historically accurate battles, weapons, and armor

"skill is not an unlock" was the motto

then they casualized it because it wasn't doing well b/c of the huge learning curve to compete with the trash heap that is Chivalry

How bad is it these days, heard the devs abandoned it

Basically this.

"THANK YOU OFFICER BAIN"
IN THIS THREAD

I've just started playing Medieval 2 for the first time after keeping it in my backlog for ages. Are there any recommended mods for a vanilla playthrough? As in things that don't overhaul the game but fix bugs or improve UI?

Also is there a difference between the different versions I can choose on startup like Americas and Crusades? Do they add new mechanics and locations or are they just mission packs?

Of course not. There were no guns back then. If Hero of Alexandria didn't die before he invented the engine: there would have been tanks (real tanks, not wooden rabbit effigies on wheels) and assault rifles before the dark ages. But he did and everyone traipsed around ankle deep in their own faeces trying to kill each other with crude hatchets that were behind the times even by Ancient Mississippian standards.