Yume Nikki thread

Yume Nikki thread

Talk about shit related to the game and fangames

Also post neat fangames and fanart you've found and shit if you want. It's always neat to see what people have made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NSlRA5WFqs
yumenikkifg.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Fangames_Wiki
youtube.com/user/kiiiiichi/videos
youtube.com/user/competor/videos
uboachan.net
youtube.com/watch?v=torb-9PC5ks
uboachan.net/fg/res/7735.html#11416
youtu.be/v-rHD_fFIkc
youtu.be/q6jGZlTBYK4
youtu.be/rhA1Jwji_Ik
youtu.be/Ht9Mtl37c_s?t=75
youtu.be/Ov0KkKUXZpc?t=77.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You fucked up.

It's almost 8 PM where I am. Dusk is here and it'll be dark in an hour or so.

guys is it latte enough now

Which Nikki would you Yume

I tried playing YN some five years ago, but never got far. Love the soundtrack and the arrange albums.
I lost my job recently, so now I have some free time, I'll probably try playing again.

i wanna fuck monoko

Poniko. Ice cold, but a cutie.

Pink sea. something soothing about the whole place.

Sauce? I can't read moon

You should. It's a very relaxing game and honestly for me it was actually a legit experience. I miss playing it for the first time; now I'm used to all of the mechanics and no matter how many fangames I play, I know what the deal is and how it plays.

It makes me kinda sad but at the same time, I'm happy it happened.

Poniko is pretty cool. My YN folder is mainly Monoko though as she's my favorite, but I have this picture.

She's sort of a parallel to Madotsuki in a way. I can't help but feel they were supposed to have some sort of relation or something.

Honestly, alongside LSD Dream Emulator and Majora's Mask, Yume Nikki is one of my few truly favorite games.

It's all just like my own dreamscapes - ancient, forlorn, desolate… beautiful. Full of funny looking beings that are like family and complete strangers at the same time.

Best thing to ever come out of this game

these too

These animations are always amazing. I wish there were more cool creations by the fans. So many fangames and not many of them at all are spin-offs that do their own thing like Touhou has. But I guess for a low-key, niche game, a low-key amount of creations is fitting, huh?

That describes it perfectly.

I've had a really Yume Nikki-ish dream before and it was pretty rad. Really relaxing even though it seemed sorta bizarre when I looked back on it. It was pretty much just me in a black void of sorts with the same weird objects scattered around the place while I was just walking in one direction.

I'm partial to Mars-san. Feels more alone than most of the cast, and the cast is full of characters that feel alone.

The rooftops of course.

Chie from LcdDem.

The Aquarium from LcdDem

The previous two responses should probably clue you in… Lcd Dem. NostAlgic is also good too.

Looking at all the different ideas people would come up with when they made Yume Nikki spinoffs. The theories folks would make about stuff… It felt like there was a lot of ground to explore.

youtube.com/watch?v=1NSlRA5WFqs

24 Effects is great. Are the other albums as well, or just art?

You wait faggot, I'll get to videos and music.

Anyone got the link for a certain YN video? It had Vivaldi's Summer song and with YN images being shown. It was simple but I liked it.

Are these just assorted? Is there a way to get this music in higher quality?

creations by the fans

Notable fangames that emulate Yume Nikki (top of my head):
Yume 2kki
.flow
LCDDem
Neftelia

HERE IS AN ENTIRE WIKI FULL OF THEM:
yumenikkifg.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Fangames_Wiki

Games inspired by Yume Nikki (top of my head):
Middens
Space Funeral
AliceMare
Ib
The Witch House
OFF
LISA
Undertale

Ask on uboachan, nerd

Can you provide me some proof of this

creations by the fans

Musicians who started with doing Yume Nikki shit (top of my head):
Kiichi - youtube.com/user/kiiiiichi/videos
Competetor - youtube.com/user/competor/videos
iroha
The amount of Yume Nikki remixes is through the roof. You think the Undertale remix boom was crazy? Try ten years of active remixing

A WHOLE IMAGEBOARD DEDICATED TO ENDORSING THE GAME:
uboachan.net

Bottom line:
The Yume Nikki fandom is amazing and I love all you glorious cunts.

Play the game fucking kek lmao.

Fucking normalfags and hipsters.

What's wrong with the Earthbound abortion theory?

Woah buddy I know there are a shitton of good fanarts and remixes. I was just saying like, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more spin-off fangames like Touhou has. Thanks for the art dump though. I always appreciate stuff like this.

Also is Undertale inspired by YN? It seems to be more of an Earthbound sorta thing. Space Funeral was 2003 though, right? Yume Nikki was 2004 if I remember correctly but I can't be sure.

And I know we have fangames; I just sort of, y'know, wanted more spin-off ones like Yume Nikki Gensou. I was thinking about trying to practice with making my own someday, too.

OFF and Undertale don't seem very Yume Nikki-ish. OFF is a 2D RPG with some abstract and strange things and Undertale is a 2D RPG with the only truly bizarre thing being Omega Flowey. There's no dream stuff in them and The Batter even talks to other characters.

It's slow as fuck. Where did YOU get them, in the first place? Placeholder names like "yume mix" don't mean anything
In particular I love , sounds like it could be by kiichi, but I'm not sure.

In other words, you have no idea?

I think it's that people take it too far and say that Giygas IS a fetus without paying attention to the lore where he actually trapped himself in the devils machine to erase his emotions and mind so he could destroy earth without his love for humanity hindering him, and became a huge distorted mess because of that

Let's keep this thread chill. We don't want it to turn into a Pokemon/Smash Bros thread now, do we? I think it's best to just leave people to their own ideas if we don't understand them, instead of pestering them about them.

Is that lore from Mother? Never played it, or finished Earthbound for that matter; I'd just heard of the "theory" that it was a symbolic theme of aborting the foetus of a god.

fuck you pestering is half of the fun of imageboards
speaking of which, Giygas IS a fetus, he sacrificed "self" and the distorted mess is him regrowing from the ground up, forming something different and new, and operating in a state of mind that is equivalent to that of a newborn or fetus
you're killing a baby and a monster at the same time

There is some "game theory" bullshit about it being a fetus or some gay shit I think.

However, there really is an unmistakable outline of a fetus seen when fighting one of Gygas's forms, the creator himself hadn't noticed it initially and has confirmed later on that it was unintentional.

What I find amusing though, is there are people on this board that cannot see the fetus at all.

I remember showing even this image to one of those people, and they couldn't see the subliminal image even in this one. Can you see it user?

Yeah I see it, took me a while because I wasn't looking at negative space.

But yeah I always figured the abortion theory was more of a metaphor than a literal theory.

how could anyone miss it?

What's the song from the second webm? It sounds familiar.

Slightly higher quality one, I think.

I unno man I just like to have chill threads, that's all. People run in and scream about shit and it just sort of throws off the chillness of it, I guess.

Guys I was looking at the YN title screen for a bit earlier trying to figure out what the weird blotch at the top is, and I realized that it looks like a person laying down.

To the left is the head and it goes down and at the right are the feet/boots. It looks like a person sleeping.

Yeah the reason these threads used to be so good on halfchan is because they were late-night things where people just talked about and were generally comfy. It's part of the reason that making them during the day is a bad idea.

aren't there, like, 6 undertale mixes? discluding those shitty sample songs with the high pitched singing and all of that crap obviously

As someone who was looking forward to undertale for a year before it came out, I wish it had this game's fanbase.

Oh damn, thanks for the heads up. I knew that shitposters were awake in the day and when they weren't at school and shit, but I never put two and two together and decided that it'd be a good idea to chill at night with these threads.

What does everyone interpret the various worlds as? Recently I've been thinking that the Mural World is about mirrors and Madotsuki's desire to be pretty. You can find two effects there and both of them are hairstyles, and I think the murals are supposed to be mirrors of sorts, since they have very slightly humanoid figures on them.

The manga isn't canon by any means, but at the part where shit is all scattered and messed up, there are 12 things that Masada points out in the treetops, describing each with one word. Each of these things are something from each of the 12 main dream areas that can be reached from the Nexus. He describes a face from the number world as "brain", which makes sense, as the numbers could mean math and such, but what stood out to me when I looked through the manga today was that a mural from the mural world was labeled as "beauty", meaning that the mural world might actually represent beauty, at least in the manga.

I'm curious as to if Kikiyama gave the writers a few things to throw in there as hints to the players, as it seems like something he might do since he had to have been contacted for the company to get the rights to make the various merchandise of the game.

Honestly though the manga doesn't even follow the story of the game too closely, so I'm taking the "hint" from the manga only as something interesting that I found, since I thought it was neat that whoever wrote the manga had the same idea as me.

Does the dev is still around? I mean it makes me wonder what he thinks of all these fan works that created of his game
Even if he is kill, he never really was a social guy was he? He only got a site and maybe an email, that's it
I'm still wondering, what if he planned another version of the game that never came to light, YN was updated till 0.27 iirc
The enigma surrounding this guy is weird, I dunno

Also playing YN feels like you're not playing a RPG Maker game at all

oh god this semen deeMOONNN!!!!

Speaking of LSD, gameplay for that other lost game that they've been searching for on /vr/ was found, but the Jap who owns said game won't rip the ISO online.

Link?

One of these days you'll get to stay with them forever, m8.

is the first one a mmd animation?

I've died quite a bit in dreamland - stabbed through the eye, ripped in half, gutted, impaled, old age…I even stayed in my rotting body once. I can even feel the pain, then the numbcoldness, then the blacking out and fading of consciousness.

Death's not really something I'm scared of any more. If anything, I fear not being able to really die and enter oblivion - trapped inside my own corpse was mildly horrifying.

Bahawhawhaw.

source?

Have you tried saucenao or tinyeye yet?

Got vaporized by a nuke last time and before that some unknown assailant administered some 9mm aspirin to my forehead.
That was by far the most vivid and utterly strange experience. Vision went slowly red, like a generic game over screen and
I could feel my consciousness and thought processes falling apart, kinda how a video file glitches to absolute shit.

boku to pico no kami-sama

I had a dream where I saw my family burning in a house fire.

I had a dream where nailed men chased me through a rotting wooden shack sewn together with dirt and grime, running left and right through an endlessly changing landscape.

I had a dream where I was on fire, after a conversation with my dead grandfather and woke up to a cold sweat.

I had a dream where a humanoid thing made of shattered light ripped out my throat with teeth made of glass.

I had a dream where a dark man with bloody rotting skin and a mouth filled with jagged shark looking teeth jumped me from behind as I was getting a dream tuna and cheese (ugh) sandwich from a dream refrigerator.

I also had a dream that I was playing several games before they came out, which is the worst because you think you actually have them afterwards and you get disappointing.

We all have bad dreams. Think of them as something to draw. I'm dissapointed that I dream like that more often.

Sure, it's scary, but it's really interesting to see what my mind on fucked up brain sleep chemistry shit comes up with.

yes. I didn't know about saucenao, but I just checked it. I also checked it on Tineye.

I think it's because the image is cropped from a full page, because both of those look for matches like that, which means this is probably the first time the image was cropped in this manner, on this page.

that I DON'T dream like that

Goddamn i'm tired.

Fair enough. Too many people don't know how to find sources on their own these days, but that image is really annoying to search. It's
"Somali to Mori no Kami-sama" and the masked man is actually a golem.

thanks, man.

Oddly enough, the ones I listed weren't bad dreams. Death came, but it wasn't scary, just morbid.

My bad dreams are quite different, and I agree, very influential.

Like the one where my dad was at a bathroom sink at the top of a spiral staircase in a dark warehouse. There were creatures coming up to kill us from below, but my sister wanted those goggle-eyed glasses, so my dad pulled out his eye. And the retina just. kept. coming.

Or the one where a government agent handed me this heavy black ball, told me it would destroy the world if it touched the ground, and left. After what seemed like hours, I couldn't hold it any longer, and it dropped.

And the one where apes took my family underground, chopped off my sister's head and used it as a soccer ball. The worst part was, the rest of my sister's body still lived and walked about, her black blood sloshing out of her neckhole.

Or the one where I saw this pallid white altar on a dark barren hill. Surrounding the barrow were giant stone spikes with hundreds of ashen grey children impaled on them. As I approached, they all came to life, wailing and hissing as they ripped themselves in half or pulled themselves off the pikes to make their way towards me.

The oddest one, though, was the time I was trapped in this delapidated apartment building, and I had to get out. There was a stair set, but it worked like an elevator - that moved the building up and down, not the stairs. There was an evil pale white girl that terrified me to look at. She just exuded evil and terror, but she would just sit there, threatening to rip me apart when she had the slightest whim to.

There was also a giant masculine figure with a covered face that would chase me, along with a Woody doll that also exuded the same revolting/terrifying evil, as if it was possessed, and a gold altar in a candle lit room I had to shimmy through a crack in the wall to get to.

And this was in 95, a full four years before Silent Hill. Also, fuck rape face Woody memes

But even though these dreams terrify me and leave me shaken for days, I wouldn't choose to not have them. They've been too defining, inspiring, in a way wonderful not to.

monok is a bprety cool

What does Holla Forums think of YN3D?

Will we ever get more?

I really liked YN3D. Haven't beat it yet but it was a really neat reimagining of the game. The areas even fit in with the theme of the original game, it had lots of eyes and it even had a road area with lots of cars. It was pretty cool.

I'm sorry to keep bumping this shit when it's about to die but I wanna keep it alive for when people get on later and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=torb-9PC5ks Avant garde as fuck.

Mado is such a qt

I have arrived to shill the fuck out of Yume 2kki. If you liked the exploration aspects of Yume Nikki you really need to try this out.

There is no way I can even begin to convey just how much content this game has to see.

I'm not sure what I means when what I remember most about my dreams is the architecture of it, sort of. Malls, museums, schools, and probably a lot of other buildings that don't quite connect right, if I explained that well. Cities, roads, and suburbs that could exist but aren't quite right. The occasional forest area, although that's not been as common and is more off the beaten path of one of the above. I dunno, I guess that's all I bother to remember for some reason. Personally I blame autism.

I've played Yume Nikki but never understood what's it about.
Can someone explain?

It's about weird dream shit any anything more is either speculation or bullshit. Also if you collect all the collectables you get an ending, but you wouldn't do that, would you?

Huh, okay.
I think I gave up after collecting half of the effects. Strangely, I remember the ending.

Consider the dreams you find yourself in. Very maze-like, right? I believe the image is inferring that the dreams are a trap, as most mazes of legend are, and those same dreams are trapped inside you. Her entire being is trapped.

But who knows what Kikiyama had in mind, I've had plenty to drink tonight.

That one motherfucker that's sleeping in the igloo.

I have a particular calling to the Slum area, for whatever reason. Winter area in general is my favorite, though. Mars is somewhere inbetween the Slum and Winter area

Smile, from .flow

「PARADE」, or alternatively the Sugar Hole

.flow, though I do like to listen to LCDDEM's music. Koronba makes music and publishes (or, published?) on bandcamp, really peaceful stuff.

I reconnected with a bunch of people after playing .flow. Small world.
Me and one of my buddies also scouted out areas in .flow to find all of the abilities. He took the east while I went north.

I listen to embed related when doing work. Shame he nuked his entire discography again.

Also, your thread is good, but what if instead, Mado was raped?

you stop that

bump

Thank you autism-san.

Why has no one posted this yet.

Holy shit.

This sounds a LOT like Steven Universe.
Were Aivi & Surasshu Heavily inspired by this?

Also, you got any links to the original bandcamp, preferably in FLAC?
I'll take what I can get, really.

I don't even know what this genre is called, but I love it.

uboachan.net/fg/res/7735.html#11416

Looking up the guy who makes the music, this almost reads like a creepypasta.

I'm honestly spooked.

Anyone got more of him, or more stuff like this?
No idea what this type of music is called…

Fuck off with that shit

W-warn them about what?

He posted a kinda shit example, but most of the background tracks in Steven Universe DO sound kinda like that music. Here's a not shit example in the embed, and a few more links.
youtu.be/v-rHD_fFIkc
youtu.be/q6jGZlTBYK4
youtu.be/rhA1Jwji_Ik

Or you can be a faggot and dismiss the great OST the show has based on a petty dislike of the source material. Seriously, come on, nigger.

You fuck off, not my fault your chink artist ripped off aivi & surasshu.

either ways, the chink artist is really good

I was looking for tracks, I got so surprised, I fucked up on the second example.
Thank you, but seriously, listen up around the time I linked, it sounds damn similar to this part youtu.be/Ht9Mtl37c_s?t=75 then youtu.be/Ov0KkKUXZpc?t=77.

Also, on the mediocrity, I like to say SU suffers from Kingdom Hearts Syndrome.

Everything is beautiful except for some character design, writing, plot and character interactions.
Those things are piss poor, but the art and music are absolutely beautiful.

I'll grant you that, if the embed had linked to the timestamp it would've been better.
I really like that whole song don't get me wrong, it's just not compareable till that part.

Tumblr Universe was made after this guy's works.

I wasn't even really talking about the music,I just wasn't wanting tumblr to touch or even know about yume nikki.
Nice assumptions there about my thoughts on a shit show in a ocean of shit modern shows.I gave it a chance and I fucking hated it

Man, SPM had some good tunes.
…and now I decided to check Dimentio's battle music and immediately got pissed again.
UT fanbase is fucking cancer.

I used to love this game back then, i've had a wallpaper of mado with that turd on her head for who knows how fucking long, it was hilarious to me.

He allowed the usage of his art on some officially licensed merchandise some years ago, haven't heard anything else from him since.

bump

same