Nipponese Learning Thread: Lesbian Polygamy Edition

Why aren't you learning Nipponese user? Don't you want to play all those games that will never be released in English? Don't you want to play games without memes, censorship, the ability to play as a girl removed, new bugs, incomprehensible accents, delays, forced partial dubs, or pointless name changes for the sake of making a stupid joke?

google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ynwmcFwy0ccT70cVRp-G97fYlcf-GYZ86T62SvQMDdY/pub?embedded=true&sa=D&ust=1453325614194000&usg=AFQjCNHsfuahFvAqJk5XVfcmGnalXnfPtA

If you already know or are already learning Nipponese, post what Nipponese games you are playing and what Nipponese games you hope to play.

Other urls found in this thread:

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true
classic.jisho.org/
classic.jisho.org/kanji/radicals/
kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lol, weebs and fascists BTFO

If judging by what has been released for us weebs… then no, not really.

>Won the battle but lost the war The US got to the moon first.
Yeah Russia was so great they lost most of a fleet before it even got to Japan. And most of their losses in that fleet were from friendly fire.

Japanese isn't a dead language faggot. Dead languages are languages people don't speak anymore.

Well i have to admit i'd like to try that one out but just because dat 90s style'n slayers fuck yeah!

You weebs can keep your shitty vn's though.

Been playing some RPG Maker h-games lately for practice. Just beat Ariadne, and I'll probably move onto Princess Sacrifice next.

Sure fam
Last animu I watched was One Punch Man last year

Just a coincidence right?

If the moon landings were faked who's to say all the Russian space accomplishments weren't fake too?

Give it a couple generations, weebcuck.

They didnt have any motif to lie or to one up themselves after the sattelites and Laika unlike the Jewnited States that were being forced into a corner with their fucking propaganda and influence.

Shitposting aside thought, US space ventures in the 60s/70s are sketchy as fuck, I legit think they were just a propaganda move

Have you played Baldr Sky yet?

I beg to fucking differ user, the Soviets were mostly starving and the whole space race was a propaganda stunt to stop everyone from losing faith in the system. Why else would they waste so much time and resources to put shit into space if not to make their people believe that they could fix their problems?

Not really a fan of fighting games.

You have to go back spic.

Nukes and airplanes, what else?

You what nigger?
Do a fucking Google search before posting.

If it was just for nukes and airplanes they wouldn't fucking broadcast it all over the world.

The video you posted looks similar to fighting game gameplay, which I don't like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the story at least good? If so then maybe I'll try it anyway.

Why not?
It was a huge accomplishment and they were already influencing a shitton of countries like China, Korea, South America and Eastern Europe to their cause.

No idea, I heard it is, not much more.
I still dont know where you picke up that retarded idea

Because you don't fucking tell everyone about your brand new military secrets. The space race was all propaganda on both sides.

Unlikely
Yuri going to space was probably faked though.

ちょっとわかりました日本語

Here is a tip, user. Japanese sentences must ALWAYS end in verbs. The way you constructed your sentence is bad in that the verb 分かりました is not a main verb, but an attribute one: you are literally saying A bit-understanding Japanese…(You are saying that Japanese is the one doing the act of understanding, not you)

頑張って、アノンくん!

Correction, Japanese sentences must always end with either a verb, an adjective, or a noun+the copular verb です。 But ye, in sentences with main verbs in them, they need to end with a verb.

Give up, the thread is going to die like the last 2 threads.

No one gives a fuck about learning nip here.

one punch man has an anime? i thought it was just manga

itt nobody is studying japanese

so when should I use the particle に? it is always confusing to me

に is a dative/locative case marking particle. Here is some explanation:

Dative case is the case when you have an indirect object, like in English :

I gave him a book
I gave a book (to him)

To him is an example of a dative case. Now here is the Japanese example:

彼に本を挙げた。

に functions here exactly the same as the preposition to

Another use of に is in locative case, e.g. denoting a location. Here is an English example:

I played in the garden.

Now, に shall function the same as the preposition in:

公園に遊んだ。

(Notice that this usage is interchangable in lots of times with the other particle that denotes a location, へ)

Lastly, there is another use of に and that is in marking the UNACCUSATIVE VERBS. Not all verbs in Japanese give the accusative case to their objects (and by giving the accusative case, I mean marking the object by the particle を)。

most of the Japanese verbs mark their object with を, but there are certain verbs that mark their objects with に or even が. Feeling or experience verbs such as 分かる and 感じる mark their objects with が:

俺がそれが分かった!
I understood that! (note that both the subject and the object are marked with が)

Now, the verbs that mark their objects with に are sometimes called light verbs, verbs that don't affect the object much such as 触る、話しかける.

汚い手で飯に触らないでください!
Don't touch the food with your dirty hands

Here, have a table of the Japanese demonstratives.

What rock have you been living under?

Its summer

Looks amazing, might actually play that. Comfy anime series fam.

that doesn't explain anything. normalfags have been eating it up.

Dismiss.

I'm actually getting kinda tired of Nip gaming at this point. Think I may actually play the Trails in the Sky games in English since the localizations seem really good from what little I've compared to the Japanese versions.

あげ

speaking of games that'll never see localization

If anyone here needs a motivation to keep going, just click on the spoiler.

Damn they actually gone back a few steps.
Few dozen flights really

Glorious. Supposedly the games are losing steam, but that's probably just salty degenerates.

I'm playing translated myself I have no knowledge of nip so it would be hard at this point to start good to know someone else takes ten fucking years to finish it. I'm on the second flame now I believe. For an h-game it's a full on game you could scrap the sex content and it's above average. I played Magica and I have to say the anatomy in Ariadne is a lot better and overall I like its combat system more.

日本語でおkw

Yeah, it was surprisingly long and in-depth. RPG Maker games are better than VNs for practice, since you actually need to comprehend what's being said to proceed.

What are you waiting for? Time to get learning user.

俺がそれが分かった!

This statement is unnatural. Two が particles in a row are never used like that. It would always be a は~が pair in practice.

Just try Jewgling it.

"俺はそれが分かった” 322,000 hits
"俺がそれが分かった” 0 hits

I'll get around to it

I gotta take my hat off to you lads. Loving your hobby so much that you'd take up a completely new fucking language is passion in the next level.

Seeing these threads so often, and seeing them actually filled with people taking that extra step to stop being a pleb is really encouraging. Seeing people correct each other, talk about their daily/weekly revision, games they're playing, books they're reading etc really makes me believe it IS possible

I'm gonna start learning this shit as soon as my exams are out. I'm sick of being shat on by poor localisation, I love my hobby so I'm going to improve myself to better appreciate it.
Thanks for these threads faggots
sage for blog post

Good luck, user.

It might be, but this structure can be seen with sentences that have no topic marking particle は and have a subject + a feeling verb that marks the object by が. Here is a statement made by Shulk when he wins in smash 4

力が感じる!

In this sentence, the subject ''俺・僕・私’’ etc is nullified phonetically. The marking of this subject can either be the subject marker が or the topic marker は, whichever is needed for pragmatics. So the above sentence can be paraphrased as:

俺は力が感じる!
As for me, I am feeling it!

俺が力が感じる!
I am feeling it!

Though I need to check if one of the uses of は is to exactly come with feeling verbs to differentiate the subject and the object.

ホットウィールが死んじゃったと思った

だんだん乗ってきたよ!

What now?

だが、翻訳したら I am feeling the powerばかに見たいでしょう?

Motivation bombs incoming!

Also, post the games you are currently playing in Nipponese. Pic related is mine.

I really should start grammar at some point.

Here, try Tae Kim's guide. It is very good.

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
There is a pdf file too.

Good choice, user. I have been playing the same for months, whenever I have some time away from my other gaming systems. Currently up to case 2 of GS3.

Also been playing pic related recently.

I was the same until I started playing games. Even Tae Kim is nothing compared to just using the language in practice.

I know about the Tae Kim guide, went over it when I first started back in March but couldn't wrap my head around it back then (barely having a grasp of Hiragana probably didn't help).

Also I'm forgetting Katakana already, probably need to brush up on that.

I am playing that exact case right now. I have finished 1-4 GS and Mile's Edgeworth's investigation 1. I have completed 1-2 again in Japanese to get the names right. Also, God dammit, I have ordered GS6 yet I have not finished 5..

Gonna also play pic related because I have steamrolled through my English playthrough by completing all the quests..

Recommend some Jap PS2 games to emulate.

Preferably things with more reading than doing.

You didn't hack your 3DS yet? After I finish GS3 I'm just gonna play GS4 and GK1/2 in an emulator and then install GS5 and 6 (and the other games like the Layon spinoff and that Dai Gyakuten Saiban game) on my hacked 3DS. The series is great for practice since it has so much reading and deduction.

Try the Ar tonelico series.

Nah, I have bought a JPN 3ds since vanilla monster hunter 4 came. Since then, I am importing games because I can not resist being a collector. Also, pic related is very sick.

I remember reading that you need to be like in the 2000s range to do do basic conversations.
But even then depending on whats said it could still go over your head.

Summon Night 3.

I've been playing disgaea. It's really surprising how easy it is. Even when they use obscure words, the meaning is conveyed well. I really like it; the characters are great. I'll be extremely disappointed if the rest aren't as good.

RPG Maker H-games were great for me when I was starting out reading.

Generally don't have much difficult vocabulary or grammar, interspersed with gameplay so not overwhelmed with constant text, and being H-games I wasn't too bothered when skipping over anything I didn't understand or feel like looking up.

Would sometimes just read anything I understood, only looking up unknown things that seemed important to progression or that I wanted to know while skipping over other stuff. Good for some practice even on lazy days.

Thats bullshit. I have memorized the 1006 elementary school kanji and I can speak smoothly with other Japanese people. Also, I can understand about 70% of the kanji in Gyakuten Saiban.

2000 words is more like it. Few common kanji make up most of the every day words. For basic conversations the courage to actually try your best is much more important.

Stunning.
Is it forbidden to make games like this now?

Anyone got the link to all the VN, games, and manga that was posted in the last thread i think?
Also how would i go about practicing with VN?

You just read it.

I'm just wondering if I should have it like pic related or have it in just Japanese

Just Japanese.

OP should maybe include this for ease of access to the cornucopia of resources & the reading list.

docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Use
classic.jisho.org/

And use its awesome Kanji radicals feature to find the Kanji that you need. In no time, you will recognize patterns such as the following 女、娘、お嬢 (All contain the radical 女 which basically denotes anything relating to females, etc)
classic.jisho.org/kanji/radicals/

With time, you will rack vocabulary and reading will be a breeze.

Can anyone explain to me the difference in usage of on'yomi and kun'yomi? Because I have no fucking idea how to read kanji properly

Kunyomi are the Japanese developed readings of the Chinese characters. They are usually used when the kanji is alone or followed by okurigana. (all verbs) There are usually multiple kunyomi readings per kanji.

Onyomi are adapted from the Chinese pronunciations of the characters. They are usually used when multiple kanji are paired together. There are usually only one or two onyomi per kanji.

Thanks, guess I'll be in the lookout for that from now on

You will basically pick up on when to use which pronunciation instinctively when you study enough anyway, no need to think too hard about it.

Is this game real?
I would learn some nippon just for this.

it's not sorry

バンプ

I too often end up making flashcards of words that I will likely not see any time soon again.

I think a correct way to learn by reading is to only memorize things that are important in your current level. So, a beginner might only save basic vocabulary and grammar, an intermediate student all the new kanji and a person already in advanced level could take all the new stuff they see.

Trying to understand everything you read is one thing but memorizing it is something else. This way seems not only effective but also less frustrating than trying to learn all at once.

I use whether or not jisho lists it as common as a deciding factor. Sometimes shit will throw a random obscure word that will never come back just for the 'look how smart we are' points.

I don't think the "common word" is that good an indicator. I mean, ちんぽ is not a Jisho common word but after おにいちゃん it's the next one you'll see in エロ漫画 (also not a common word).

Meanwhile "common words" can be very sophisticated adjectives or political words that have a single specific use and no simple translation on other languages.

I guess deciding factor wasn't the best phrase. It helps.

I think those are the words that most need a flashcard. You'll be seeing common words all over the place anyway, so those aren't as hard to memorize.

Seems pretty common to me. ( ° ʖ °)

ファック

Show me all of Russia's awesome vidya and I might begin to listen to you.

I already said it last thread but for those of you that are already playing games in moon, check out Kurohyou for the PSP. It's a Yakuza spin-off and it's fucking amazing.

Also,
Is Nintendo Of America literally retarded? What is this bullshit localization trying to force jokes into every other text? It's so obnoxious.

doesn't matter, I don't want to play weeb games later, I want to play weeb games now.

This.

I feel like I'm going crazy, maybe I'm just missing something obvious but what the hell is the く doing? I can't tell if it's some particle I don't know or if its a conjugation I don't know.

It's conjugating from 食べたい.

But the なった in 食べたくなった is the past form of なる: "became".

Nevermind; I just reread the section on using なるwith i-adjectives, I get it now.

最後のバンプ

Is OP's second image a real game?

They are all from Agarest Marriage.

なんで最後なの

終わりまで頑張らなきゃ

You made me give this potentially shitposted to death thread another try with that alone.

Thread almost died.

食べたい is the adjective
食べたく is the adverb
you use adverbs with なる

Are you sure the jokes weren't in the Japanese version?

I don't get your reasoning to be honest.
Exactly, Monster Hunter dialog was Pokemon level of boring shit, not worth reading.
I liked the MH4U conversations, some jokes were flat but it was so bad that it was good again, kinda like trash movies.

At least better than every villager creaming itself over the great hunter that saved the village.

jesus fuck there must be a better way
What are you anons doing to improve your listening skils?

I've just been focusing on reading first. I've been watching some anime in Japanese without subs, but I don't pause it to look up anything, I just try to understand as much as possible.

I can tell that listening will be the very last thing I become proficient in.

あのネットで知り合った日本人の友達が、私とスカイプなどで話したいけど、やっぱり今さえ恥ずかしすぎるよ

私も聞くことをよくする方法が知ってほしいな

Where did you find that?
Would like to try it since I'm a Madoka fan and know pretty much know every conversation inside out.

Just like in Chinese. I have to say, reading about how Chinese uses hanzi in a sane way (or what sounds like a sane way from what little I know) as well as some other interesting sounding things, makes me want to study Chinese. Though I haven't done it because I can't imagine ever using it for anything, I can't think of a single thing I'd use Chinese for.

Not him, but try here

kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/

Pretty hard to find subs for older shows though. I've tried looking for Cowboy Bebop subs, but I've only managed to find subs for episode 2-18. Plus, they're pretty bad in spots.

How would I politely ask someone for a password?

すみません、パスを教えてくれませんか?

why?

それより、パスワードと言われる

Maybe try something a little easier so you can focus more on trying to listen rather than looking up new words.

That's pretty much what I do too though, listen and rewind if I don't catch it. Or sometimes just let something play and try to understand as much as I can.

Why is that image, out of the 5 in the OP, the one that isn't believable?

Mods are locked behind a password. DLパスはTwitterのDMにて Are you telling me to use password instead of pass?

A method I use when actually trying to gain some knowledge out of watching anime is just to watch with English subtitles, quickly read them for understanding, then actually listen to the Japanese words and attempt to understand what they mean.

Try doing this especially with a show you've already seen before, since it ends up being kind of distracting from the actual events and plot.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:32f6fed1d40045e7566fadc0c9de59101bfff618&dn=%5bKamigami%5d%20Puella%20Magi%20Madoka%20Magica%2001-12%20%5bBD%201920%c3%971080%20x264%20Hi10P%20FLAC(Jap%2cEng%2cIta)%20Sub(GB%2cBig5%2cJap%2cEng)%5d&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce

Has several languages for both audio and subtitles. I tried kitsunekko at first but obviously every video is slightly different, so the subs really only work if you get the exactly correct torrent.

That scene looks gay.

As it should.

I know about 1000 words and some grammar (still learning all the particles).

If I have any advice from my limited experience starting 6 months ago, then use memrise for vocabulary (N5 Japanese Vocab to start off with) and use a program called "Human Japanese 2.0" since the 3.0 version doesn't have a torrent. It's short and concise in teaching you some of the grammar. When I'm done with it I'm going to move on to the genki textbooks I downloaded to recap/learn more.

Well, I didn't know the context but as you said "politely", using clear, non-abbreviated forms is always a good choice I think. Also I'd imagine the "パス" is actually abbreviated as the suffix more often than as a single word.

Thank you user.

bump

Can someone help me with this game that I'm playing?

This game is full of cryptic shit to progress which I've been able to decipher more or less, but now I'm stuck in this room with this sick bitch with a sad teddybear and I have to battle her in a game.
The thing is, if I lose said game she says to not go easy on her and I can't leave the room, and if I win I get this message that I don't understand and I still can't leave the room

But it is. Thanks for fucking everything up, Russia.

Lose or win narrowly?

You guys know any good radio dramas or I guess at least something like a good japanese let's play? I want to do other shit, but maybe get some listening practice in.

1. You lost. As expected you didn't come here to win. How boring.
2. You have to go easy on her. Teach her how interesting the snap system is.
3. First of all, you have to let her win.

Best I can do with little context. You probably have to lose, but let the game last a while.

I bet I could learn the language no problem but I can't handle the self imposed guilt. Just kill me.

Stop being a fag and just do it.

Impossible.

I'll start eventually

How about start now, shit for dicks.

Ok I got it. I had to lose, ask for a rematch and then win the rematch, This fucking game

What game?

Snap Kids, a GBA game developed by Enix that is a mix of Pokémon Snap and Yu-gi-oh.
Pretty fun, it's just a shame that I'm stuck again without knowing what to do

Sounds interesting, too bad I still can't read shit.