Times the memes were real

How close was I to getting sonic.exe'd?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanpop.com/clubs/shock-the-dog/articles/191748/title/devilyn-hedgehog-characters-pov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not that bad. Just looks like a glitch from an old copy or something. I've gotten far more ominous shit by corrupting roms. Ended up fighting Meta Knight on the first stage of Kirby's Adventure and his AI actually worked fairly alright with the level.

Super Mario World also gave me some weird message about it being fate to cleanse the world or some shit and I found it really strange.

Wut. Now that's freaky as fuck.

Did you take a picture?

This close.

Did you think that a spooky sonic plushy would come out of the TV or something OP? Or the Tails Doll from Sonic R?

When games freeze or glitch out to the point where they crash, it always scared me when I was younger. Even today I still get a bit unversed. And this would happen all the time since cartridges were more sensitive.

It's the whole world I'm getting immersed in being destroyed in an instant, usually nothing but bits and pieces left. It'd always be very similar to vid related.

Pic related

Nah, just expected a dumb screamer.

dumpass

No worries. It's not a screamer, and there's no sound. Just mute your sound before opening it if you're afraid of this eventuality.

This is unsettling, true. I can't call it scary though, due to the time I spent making games - A time that led me to make my own creations crash again and again to understand why they were crashing.

Were you expecting something like this op?

Gyazo won't let me go back to pictures more than a month old without paying for a (((PRO™ SUBSCRIPTION™))) so all I have is this shitty thumbnail. Turns out that it wasn't as cool or creepy as I thought it was and the game just froze on the map screen being blacked out with the words "restore peace to"

Sorry to let you down. Here, have some photos from my other corruption ventures as well.

First one is obviously the image I was talking about
Second one is where I was fighting Meta Knight and a blue laser thing flashed across the screen for a couple seconds. Also there were two Meta Knights.
Third one is when Meta Knight turned into a severed Poppy Bros head.
Fourth one is a gif of a fucked up map screen for the first world of SMB3. It was really crazy because the levels would just freeze with various rave-y glitch effects flying all over the place and usually the Ice World map theme would start playing, which is a rather eerie song. It was kinda creepy.
Fifth is when I beat Meta Knight on the first stage and an enemy turned into the star rod and flew over to me; I considered it my reward for defeating him so soon, but I hit it with my sword and it "died" as if it were an enemy so touching it would've just hurt me. Basically an enemy just turned into the star rod on me and started floating around.

Well I was like 3 or 4 when I had to deal with this. It didn't help that my siblings would tease me about it and try and push me next to the TV.

I remember this one clearly
Did i activate some debug mode or something?

>First result is some unpenetrable autism my mortal mind cannot comprehend fanpop.com/clubs/shock-the-dog/articles/191748/title/devilyn-hedgehog-characters-pov
Funnily enough I couldn't find anything on DeviantArt.

You're a big game

Dear god.

I once had a broken gameboy link cable and managed to corrupt a link battle in Pokemon Gold. Got to battle some kind of infinite level Butterfree with a foot looking thing for a sprite and a low stretched out growl for a screech.

On the other side of the cable my friend got the same corruption and caught it with a master ball, which FUBARed his save.

Dumb cunt threw his game boy across the car and nearly broke my game boy with his.

Did I miss anything?

Wadina davis, 73?

Apparently gondola are ancient mountain people and witches

Jesus christ, this is like when you make a song or something, and you find out sometime later that there was a song you've never heard, which was very similar to yours and came out years before.

what the fuck is with this literal reddit posting

I'm more bothered by that Birdo sprite they altered from the original Mario All-Stars honestly. Looks so ruined and out of place and it's done to make room for some lazy tracing of Yoshi from the cover of Super Mario World.

This meme magic shit gives me chills every time. Right when I think it might be a coincidence something new happens and just gives me this feeling that I can't trust reality anymore.

th-thanks kek

Slav magic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

Was this shit put through Google Translate or something? May as well not have even had the text.

Just gotta exorcise the bad memes user.

This glitch freaked me the hell out the first time

You can't just say that and not give us any details man, were there pikachu animations or what?

The concentration of coincidences is just way too high to be just random shit to me
>We discover a frog god that seems to share a lot of things with anonymous imageboard culture (Dubs, obscurity, infinity, for fuck's sake the temple where these ancient egyptian gods were venerated was called fucking eight-town)
I really don't know what to believe anymore

They really liked to try and creep kids out on the piracy screen with the scariest available track in the game huh?

The intro, you know the GF text with a white background from Yellow instead of the dark one from Gold, cant remember much else.

You missed the best one.

With the news that the rapefugees were stuffing into cheap boats en mass for Europe, Holla Forums wished that they would get gassed.

Soon after, we learned that many were dying from carbon monoxide poisoning. The UN let them ride navy boats in response.

yeah, I sent my copy back after encountering it.
creepy shit.

oh come on, he probably didn't even account for all the possible number/name/place combinations that would have still resulted in /bane/ flipping their shit. the probably is (probably) still low, but nowhere near 1*10^-627

Why would the possibility of some greater power actually existing disturb you?

because if it exists, it hates us.

trips half life 3 is released and ozzy osbourne dies of drug overdose while a shark in the atlantic is struck by lightning

meme magick

also let's try to predict this, what's the next meme to turn into reality? something recent, apparently innocuous and highly autistic?

Congratulaions, you've just discovered the prosecutor's fallacy.

half life 3

no

Who knows. It's meme magic, anything can happen.

the only thing recent about half life 3 is the news about many of the old devs being fired or leaving, so if anything meme magic will guarantee it will nevr happen.

call me a retard but I love discovering this kind of stuff on my own and then realizing it's an established fact.

no user, it's not "anything can happen", it's we can make anything happen

they leaked more shit recently.
and before the recently.
itll happen. i just wanna know what the fuck is holding valve back.

Very common error when messing up with Debug Mode, or playing with the Not For Resale Edition (it's actually an earlier build of Sonic 1 before its original release, with some random game-breaking glitches and bugs).

Illegal Opcode error screen is sometimes even worse, with the music, sound effects, animated sprites, graphics, and pretty much everything, slowing down to a halt together

Adding this to the horror fest

they've been "leaking" "shit" since fucking 2006, get it through your skull, it had it's chance to happen, it's impossible now, valve's not the same company, it's been ravaged by infighting, simple greed and just plain stupidity.
truly there are no heroes left in man.
but allow me to go on a tangent, because I really want to know how mememagic is going to affect VR.

No they haven't. it's just always been a rumor

tl;dr, vid related happens.
Don't forget to change your dead batteries.

Too bad i don't have it anymore.

doubt get out

It's because it's unexpected and weird. I'm a Christian too so it's not anything I'm unfamiliar with, but, to see things like this happen so suddenly. It's sort of scary.

No, if it exists, it's on our side. From what we've seen things have only been happening for us.

Apparently replacing the battery in the Pokemon games can cause some kind of glitch as it resets the the games internal clock to zero, causing a discrepancy between the games internal clock and the game file existing for longer than the clocks been active. I can't remember exactly what happens but you supposedly have to let the internal clock catch up with the game

It's a virus isn't it?

its not much of a virus, it doesnt mess with me unless i run it. it might be a prank i guess