Playstation Neo

So the PS4 Neo is a thing right now and everybody seems to flip their shit and while this is one of the most fucking jew moves by Sony I fail to understand why this never happened when the New Nintendo 3DS was announced, nobody seemed to give a fuck or at least scream this hard when this happened.

The WiiU and NX case seems to be worst and people gives no shit about this, they will abandon the WiiU with almost no (good) games and everybody who trusted them to release a new console.

Am I missing something about jew Sony is with the PS4 Neo or people just give a free pass to Jewtendo?

Other urls found in this thread:

expertreviews.co.uk/games/ps4-games/1404650/ps4k-specs-price-release-date-rumours-for-the-playstation-neo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fixed.

Nintendo? Are they still making things? What did they make after that tablet for the Wii?

People did scream.
At least those who woke up.
Unfortunatles the hardcore nintendrones outnumbered those that jumped the ship.

I'd say a free pass for Nintendo.
New3DS is a crappy case because it fragmented the userbase with its line of new-only games which failed spectacularly as they only have Xenoblade, Isaac and SNES shit.
But hey, it's okay when Nintendo does it.

At the very least Sony is trying to not fragment everything by telling devs that they can not have any Neo-only exclusives such as extra levels, characters or features. Games must work on the original console or they will not be allowed.
Some compare this to the PSP case, where using a PSP1000 would mean extra loadtimes but you could still play the games.
I'm not going to defend Sony either, as it still makes me mad that this situation exists. Xbone is now going to follow suit with a similar idea and if this is the case, the future of consoles will be doomed to this 'slightly more powerful model!!!11one!' bullshit. And on the PC side Windows 10 has to ruin everything how fun.

What will happen is as follows:
A few devs will make extra efforts to optimize their games for both PS4 types. I think Tecmo Koei will definitely use this with Nioh, since it had a setting to prioritize framerate or resolution.
Then, the other devs will simply make things with the vanilla model in mind to avoid doing any optimization work rendering the extra power of the Neo almost a moot point (could mean faster loadtimes or slightly better framerates regardless).

The same shit happened with the DSi, and the Gameboy Color.

Acting like the New 3DS was the first time Nintendo pulled this shit is dumb.

They made the Miitomo app. Nintendo finally realizes that the future of gaming is mobile. I mean, who wants to play on those ancient looking PCs and consoles when you can play the best games on your iPhone?

It did happen.

I didn't buy a n3DS and I'm not buying the next console either. Unless they release a 10/10 Metroid which they won't.

This is hilarious; You faggots were being called out for your shit yesterday, and now you are trying to shift the blame on nintendo again.

Its okay when Sony does it.

Wtf?
Nintendo still makes consoles?

I mentioned the New 3DS as an example because is the closest example right now, the Gameboy Color/Advance SP happened when the internet wasn't a big thing as it is right now so we don't know how people actually reacted to. And with the DSi case I can't remember how people reacted too but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a big thing as it is right now with the PS4 Neo.

the 3DS is a different hand held to the actual DS, you faggot.

Remember when sony was good?

Eat shit hebrews! I am your worst enemy, the consumer that only upgrades when the old shit breaks, fucking mexican families buy upgrades faster than me, these goy-bux are mine, ahahahahaha!

At the moment.
Should the Neo not sell as expected they will develop neo-exclusives.
The one thing I learned in the past couple years is that no matter what they say, if they think that they have to, they will backtrack on it.
Or can do it. Enough retards screaming for neo-exclusives will do the deed too.

I never said that the 3DS is the same as the DS, retard.

Fuck off, board blight.

That would be nice, because preventing people from playing an exclusive PS4 game just because their model isn't the PS4.5 is fucking retarded.

As long as they don't do Nintendo handheld-tier shit where you need the newest hardware revision to play more ports/games or Sega Genesis addons, that wouldn't be bad? I'm stuck on this.

Yep.

Never underestimate the stupidity and shallowness of gamers. They're practically begging to throw their money at anything.

And when it turns out their gadget doesn't have any exclusives Sony will have to change their policy.

lmoa no they won't

SONNYGERS

My mistake, I was looking at the Gameboy Light sales.
Gameboy Color sold nearly as much as the original.

because gameboy color was a generational successor years after the gameboy came out. pocket was just a spinoff.

The Game Boy was released in 1989 not 1988 dork.

People bitched about it. You just didn't look hard enough. But there is a difference.

Handhelds have always have small revisions. Since the gameboy. Consoles did not. People don't want to upgrade their consoles like they do with a phone. So they're afraid of the worst.
We don't know what the NX is yet, you've already decided it's worse. While asking why people are bitching at Sony?

You sound like you have a very screwed up view of events, do you only go to Neogaf or something?

People complained, a lot, i still hear mumble in the street, but Nintentoddlers and actual kids didn't care (those are the majority of the market)
People complained back with the 32X and CD, and it broke Sega too
I don't get your point

Is Sony's marketers going full damage control? I seen this bullshit before.

Sony's greatest strong point has always been media manipulation.

Games still work for both PS4 and PS4 neo, there will be a performance difference no doubt but still, PS4 can still play games intended for PS4 neo

NX is a next gen console, WiiU cannot play NX games given how different the hardware will be.

Sony might fucked their customer but Nintendo fucked it even harder. When you put it into perspective, Sony is the lesser evil here.

No ones denying that you goddamn Sonygger.

Calm your tits nintendrone

Reason? Not that hard user. Price wasn't high enough to jew over. Plus with people switching between new hardware thanks to smart phones it's not that big of a deal. It's fucking common too. Or are you forgetting gameboy advance→gameboy advance sp?
It was expected and some anons waited for upgrade before getting a 3ds. Not sure how the xl fucking surprised you.

We already know that games are on their way to the NX (like the new TloZ) so the most obvious answer is that is gonna be a console and there were rumors about a port of Smash 4 going to the NX too.

Nah, but on most of the sites that I frequently visit people bitched less about the New 3DS (yeah, I can't deny that there were people who felt "betrayed" but not as much as is it now) and now I see people claiming that consoles are dead thanks to the PS4 Neo and how this is the most terrible thing ever and while I understand all the hate I'm pretty sure this never happened with Nintendo (or at least on the same scale).

My point is that I never saw this much coverage or rant when the NX or the New 3DS happened, don't get me wrong, Sony deserves the worst after all they have done, but when it comes to the NX or the New 3DS I never saw all the coverage that the PS4 Neo is getting right now, youtubers, news sites and people seem to be ranting all over the internet and saying how Sony will kill consoles and shit.

I guess that's the only explanation, the price and that it was expected from Nintendo.
I still think that the NX is as bad as the PS4 Neo though, or at least seems like it.

Lol no, shared netcode and architecture with the Wii U so it runs the game straight outta the box, maybe some patch for the online when it shut downs on the Wii U.

I suppose the idea is that Nintendo played it smart with the 3DS because it fits perfectly in the overcrowded metropolis reality of Japan, whereas Sony's PS4 Neo doesn't have that benefit to speak of.

Furthermore, by continually updating the 3DS they keep ahead in the hardware race that smartphones are in.

I haven't owned a Nintendo handheld since the original Gameboy Classic, myself, though. Same with main consoles, only the classic NES.

OK i get it, well that's a good point, i haven't seen coverage of this rants but my guess is that Xbox/PS are the kangz/big fight in the industry, their movements are always seen very critical unlike Nintendo, the already-small dog in the industry and the one who is seen these days as a kid company who nobody "serious gamer" cares
Like Skylanders stuff, the biggest jew scheme in terms of video games, nobody cares about it even when Activision has scalped kids for at the very least 80 bucks for a shitty platformer and some Happy Meal toys

Also of course the press goes for the majority of users, which are Xbox/PS users

The 3DS uses an ARM9 and ARM11 processor.
ARM11 is the newer of the two technologies, and is from 2002.

The 3DS is piece of shit, as far as hardware goes.

They aren't keeping ahead of anything. The New 3DS exists for three reasons:
1. The 3D Sucks, N3DS could improve it
2. 3DS hardware was so bad that it had trouble running normal games - it's the reason why Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4
3. By redesigning the display, they avoided having to pay a 1.8% royalty on each unit sold

There's very few games that take advantage of the new 3ds processor and RAM upgrades, because the market share often isn't large enough to justify making better assets and/or flat-out exclusive titles. However, it is much better for homebrew (which Nintendo actively tries to lock-out), and if you force games to run in New3DS mode with homebrew, they perform much better. However, this does not happen out of the box for whatever reason.

The 3DS never was and still isn't in all aspects save for having 3D

It's the chicken or the egg argument you are trying to decipher user.

Im a mustard you stupid cunt, Im trying to save you shitty fucking pastime.
But go ahead and kill it, Ill be the one laughing

It is bullshit, but nintendo has a history of creating a handheld version that has a few features of its would be successor to test the waters (Gameboy SP, DSi).
So while I am not a fan of the New 3ds, I expected it since I found out that the 3ds would have only one circle pad.

Oh, so all the console folks are all going to suddenly admit the current consoles ARE underpowered pieces of shit?

"So Sony copied Nintendo again but people were totally ok when Nintendo did it"

Meanwhile

"Sony never copies nintendo faggot"

Yes, Im sure of it, just like Killzone was 290GB

Tailgate is adorable

I mean it sounds unbelievable at a standard $400 pricepoint I suppose, but with the current crop of vidya cards coming out you can get $500 PCs that are almost that powerful, so it's within the realm of "it's bullshit, but I believe it". The only thing that makes me suspect exaggeration is they are maximum jews, no one actually tries to make the best hardware anymore, they are all trying to make profit off of selling consoles, not soak a loss on hardware and then make it up on software like they used to.

End your life fam.

Sure you do, kid

I love how Nintendo can get away with releasing a console in the middle of a generation multiple times and people on this board still lop it up but once Sony does something

the new 3ds actually added shit

>expertreviews.co.uk/games/ps4-games/1404650/ps4k-specs-price-release-date-rumours-for-the-playstation-neo

It's going to be over $1000 easy. It's going to be beyond retarded from Sony's track record. I'm not saying that it could be done very well, but that Sony is way too inept to ever do the job right.

No, man. There's no way they'd pull another "599 us dollars".

Its all about the VR

The PS4 is too fucking weak to do VR at all so it needs more power, hence the neo

Just when the whole app bubble is over and companies like zynga are done for

Great job nintendo, totally didn't get late as fuck to the action

But the 3DS was already shit, why add more?

Not a good idea to compare the GBC to the GBA SP, mate. One's a hardware improvement, the other is the smaller redesign of existing hardware.

And for reference sake.

Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket (same hardware with smaller redesign)
Game Boy Color (new hardware with exclusive games)

Game Boy Advance, GBA SP, GBA Micro. (smaller redesigns, with the Micro not being able to play GB/GBC games or use older GBA accesories)

DS, DS lite (same hardware with smaller redesign)
DSi/DSi XL (new hardware with (rare) exclusives but mostly had access to exclusive downloadable software via DSiWare store).

3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS (2DS lacks steroscopic 3D, no clamshell design and has a mono speaker but still the same hardware)
New 3DS, New 3DS XL (new hardware, with few exclusive games)

Hopefully that's understandable.

And if the Japanese Game Boy Light needs to go in there it would go alongside the GB/GB Pocket.

I think I heard somewhere they release "upgraded" designs like this because of market saturation of the older versions. Somehow this new hardware creates more sales for people who wanted newer tech or people who were on the fence about the old stuff.

Yfw you didn't fall for the console scam.

N3DS has nothing but retarded console port so upgrading is just up to whether someone really wants the face-tracking, pinch of added power and the stupid second nub. It's bullshit that these weren't already included but personally having to have downgraded from New to a regular (because some nigger stole my first 3DS) I don't see a ton of issue despite that this kind of shit should not happen. What made Nintendo such incredible jews was their not including a charger with the damn thing, that's a huge sin regardless of whether the consumer is informed.

All that said I really think I'm just done with video games because Nintendo can't be trusted to do anything right anymore and I'm not impressed with my brother's PS4. Oh well, tons of good shit I don't play already anyway.

Most of the people that aren't utterly braindead stopped caring about Nintendo right around the end of the Gamecube and beginning of the Wii.

A very small minority probably cared, but why would you ever try to argue with bonafide Nintendrones?

They're the densest group of people I've ever seen. I had the displeasure of meeting one that swore that there was absolutely nothing wrong with them not packaging a charger with the fucking device. He couldn't fathom the idea that some people didn't own every single Nintendo handheld released in the past decade.

It has to be powerful enough to do VR. Sony are literally just selling a gaming PC, but probably a bit cheaper with VR bundled with it.

All right, put down your pants and receive the mark of maturity.

You don't need to root for the software house that makes your games. You are not part of the team of the hardware maker that builds your console. Because you don't marry and love every bitch you fuck.

Those who like Nintendo games, go after such lengths to play their latest. Whathever it means. They use a product, they are not building their persona around a toy, an electric appliance (unlike you).

Literally a "But N-Nintendo!" thread.
Why is your reaction to being fucked over to complain that not enough people complain when got fucked over by another company?

Literally what the fuck are you even saying?

Is calling a group of fanboys retarded suddenly console wars?

Maybe you're suddenly getting bizarrely defensive because you're one of them.

What's wrong with releasing improved versions of systems outside the always hamfisted "exclusives" again.
Do you nigs make the same parallels to the slim editions of the ps whatever.

At any rate, people did flip their shit over the new 3ds. It was a kike move, people just got over it, just as people will get over the ps4 neo. That's the kike magic.

Why do you notice it when it's about Nintendo?

Notice what? You acting like a faggot?

To answer OP's question.
What's the difference?
One is happening. Another happened.

hello nintendrone

It did though, that's all these threads talked about when the n3ds was announced.

It is called selective memory.

Evetytime and now that lurkers and non regulars are more prevalent due to summer we're going to see a gang of shit.

Because literally every single handheld has done this. Sony did it with the PSP/PSP Go/PSVita, Atari did it with the Lynx, and Nintendo has done it with every single handheld they have ever made just to name a few. It's expected and anybody who didn't see the N3DS coming is a fucking retard.

It's different with consoles, however. While minor revisions to slim down hardware are well known and expected, releasing entirely new and more powerful hardware is pretty unprecedented. It also raises the question "why wasn't this the original console?" The answer, of course, is $$$ and laziness. Compared to the jump between PS2 and PS3 the PS4 is not that much of an improvement over the PS3, same with the XBone. Sony and Microsoft have realized two things: 1. That consolefags will buy literally anything they produce regardless of how good it actually is (remember the XBone's disc drive issues and both console's almost complete lack of backwards compatibility when they were released?) and 2. That consolefags don't care about games, they want a cable box. Hell, even I'm pretty guilty of this. I own a PS4 and I mostly use it for Netflix. Say what you will about its games, the WiiU is the only true game console of this generation.

One of those seems out of place tbh fam

They were?
I don't remember them being, but that could just be because I never personally cared.
If that's the case then I'd have to say it was a result of what other people in the thread have been saying, namely
albeit there aren't usually hardware upgrades in handhelds, that much is weird and jewy.

Is this really the best you can do, sonyggers ?

This may come as a shock but the game industry is a for profit endeavour.

Corps are Jews. Have been since the first stock exchange opened in Amsterdam four centuries back. Only back then they were ACTUALLY Jews.

Companies in general are not your friends.

Wait, what? Google was on the anti-SOPA side, right?
Bunch of bastards.

On a related note, a friend of mine told me last week that a Google group made a little conference in his university (south america here). You paid about $15 for whole deal including a 'certificate'.
As for the topic itself, it was basically shilling for Google products, but the most egregious was their presentation of G+ (which nobody uses).
It went like this:

>Well, you know Facebook is storing all of your data and it's very sensitive data at that, you should totally use G+! so that WE can have that data instead of FB!

If I was there I would've raised a ruckus. But I don't wanna pay either, so fuck them.

Well for one the N3DS is worth something like half that of the PS4, and the NX is being launched around 4.5 years after the Wii U (rather than the 3.5 or so for the Neo vs. the original PS4).

And people did complain about the N3DS, I quite vividly remember it.

Yeah, though Google had its own reasons for being anti-SOPA (The TPP likely won't have the same effect on Google so they're not against it this time around).

Every industry is in it for the profit.
Difference being is that in the past the consumers had the balls to call them out on their bullshit if they went to far.
Somehow the majority though lost those balls and let xompanioes do as they please. The moment they realized it they went full jew and tried to scam you were they could.

So instead of producing a product to please the consumer and trying to build trust between consumer and company in order to encourage him to buy again, they just throw shit in the face of the consumer and get away with it.

The first iteration of the XBone was a moment where those lost balls were found again.
For a very brief periode of time.

It was beautiful, along with the 1080 60fps debacle
If only it was like this every time.

There isn't one, but Sony hasn't had a good track record as of late. The N64 did expansion packs, which isn't quite the same, but an attempt to upgrade a system during its lifetime isn't out of the ordinary.

My main issue with the Neo is going to be the price. Sony got demolished in the tv market for trying to sell expensive tvs when Samsung can put out quality tvs for a fraction of the price. I can see the PS4 Neo going down a similar route.

An upgradeable system would have been a very good option in a similar manner to the N64's expansion pack. That way, PS4 owners could upgrade a piece of their system at a time rather than the whole thing. It would have been very similar to owning a pc in that regard as well.