Collector/Buyfag Thread: Nintendo Edition

Well into June now anons, what have you been picking up or planning to pick up? Been getting through the shit you've purchased? Any suggestions to fellow buyfags?

How's the trading rules going?

Anyone capable of telling me if a Famicom with a Disk System is worth picking up over a standard NES? All I know is improved audio which is a huge bonus to me.

The Famicom can do everything an NES can do and more, and you can even get converters to play non Japanese games with. With an NES, you'd have to do a bit of mod-work and buy a crappy adaptor, or try and luck out and get a launch game that still has a Famicom adapter built inside (long story).

If you're buyfagging, you may as well buy any Famicom. I recommend the AV famicom so you can mod it for RGB/ S Video output.

bump

FINALLY found a decent working turbo grafx, though it cost a bit more than what i was going for.

Only thing I've picked up recently was a copy of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, which I still haven't gotten to playing yet due to moving (got my games and systems at the new place already, but the entertainment systems and shelves are being moved separately, and last I heard, the truck ran out of gas. Otherwise I'd be playing it right now.

Reminds me, I ought to update my collection image. Probably going to have to wait until tomorrow for that though.

That a Langrisser game I see or something?

Thinking of buying some amiibos, maybe.

Not for any collection purposes, maybe I'd make some cute little model dioramas in the future? I don't know.

Honestly, the only amiibo that's ever been of much potential interest to me (in part between the notion of physical DLC, scalpers being shit, and not having a 3DS or Wii U personally) is the Shulk one, simply because aside from that, I don't think Xenoblade is ever going to see much stuff aside from it and the game itself here in the west (not counting that preorder mini-artbook). We certainly didn't get The Monado Files here. Maybe if we're lucky someone will eventually do a full scan of the book, translation, and photoshop the pages into English like with they did with Xenogears Perfect Works.

Yes sir, it's basically a port of the genesis game, but with a few improvements

Try looking around at yard sales for one. I've seen people around where i live sell this shit for as low as 50 cents a pop.

Disk System worth shit? I was planning on grabbing a Famicom with an Everdrive.

I got a working N64 transfer pak for $20. How did I do?

Terribly, least from what i remember, those fucking things were like 5 bucks.

well, shit. Guess I should've done more research beforehand.

Man i was being gifted those everywhere, and they go around for 5 if you buy them
Shamefur Dispray

I've yet to buy an Everdrive and am not sure if the Disk System sound is 1:1. I know you have to fuck around with the motherboard by adding a resistor somewhere so you can get Akumajou Densetsu's sound on an Everdrive, but I don't know if it also lets you hear the Disk System's sawtooth channel.

Even on a Fami? Fuck. Might just buy the games and use the disk system itself then, whilst using the Everdrive for generic shit.

Oh wait, I missed where you said Famicom.

You won't have to do a mod for the expansion sounds, but I still am not sure if you get the sawtooth.

I don't care much for a full amiibo collection, but there are a few I wouldn't mind having.

Now that I think about it, does anybody here collect Wii U games? I know some people do.

I'm planning to, the list is not long but some games are being scalped already
The jewery knows no bounds

I'm thinking of buying a european and murican wiiu I only got a Japanese one.

But never really got into WiiU games like most people here on this board did.
btw I would hate it if Nintendo will do the same thing with NX if they are making it region locked. Its so god damn annoying.

here is some of muh collection.

Man i wish i could read, but i do see Yakuza 1 & 2
Tell the japs to port it for PS3, they are getting more expensive each day
Also Yakuza 5 physical, and Yakuza 0
Why do they make us suffer, that's a nice stack there, do you import them or do you live there?

So the super famicom games are too many to mention. The WiiU games or the WiiU I bought when I lived there for a little while, or some few years.
Also 2 of the 3ds's are Japanese the new 3ds and the monster hunter one, I had a white LL/XL one but sold it when I wanted the monster hunter one, and that one I sold with the first 3ds.

the wiiu games are as follows:

Here are more gaymes. I've got a shitton of ps3 games also. Plus xbone ad ps4.

Sega sadly hasn't given that much of a shit about Yakuza in the west after 4 and Dead Souls, considering it took forever just to get Yakuza 5, even as a digital only title here. And while Yakuza 1 and 2 HD would have gone a good ways to alleviating the pricing and rarity issue for Yakuza 2, they never saw fit to bring them over. I also hear that some of the spinoff games also have content that keeps them from ever coming west anyhow.

Nice. Needs some Ghost Trick though. Why the two copies of DQ V DS though?

I'm selling my collection of vidya because I need some space in my living room.

How much would the 4 .Hack games fetch for? Can't find any solid info on the price. They are still shrinkwrapped.

Project Zero and New Super Luigi U are some of the worst offenders here.

That said, I assume you're talking about the first series of the games? I have no clue what would be a price someone would reasonably pay for them sealed, but preowned, they're a good $180-200+ where I live, depending on the store.

And how exactly do you not have enough room in your living room? You could always look for a more vertically inclined shelving unit (depending on how much you have to put on it overall) or put the shelves in another part of the house. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't just want to ditch my games due to lack of space.

Oh, the 2 copies is a problem I have with most of my collections of vidya with ds, vita, ps3 and 3ds. But with the 3ds it was because I am really hooked on new super mario bros 2 plus the 3ds is region locked, also the same shit happen with Luigi mansion 2. Persona Q plus some more games that I've got now.

So yeah- that suck really, really bad. So if you look better you will see Legend of Zelda ocarina of time there are 2 copies.

With the DS though you shouldn't have had playability issues anyhow, as the cartridges are entirely region free, even played on a 3DS.

It's an excuse people who only buy games to sell them use.

that is true.
But I forgot I've already had a copy, I can't put it simpler m8.

Is it just me, or has Mega Man X3 for SNES came down drastically in price?

Haven't picked up any snes games in like 2 years user. Fuck those prices. As a 32 yr old who had one back in day & played a lot of games on it I can honestly say it's a fun console but not my favorite.