/ogc/: Racing Vidya General

Welcome to /ogc/, a place to discuss racing games of all kinds. Sims, Arcade racers, Futuristic, realistic, doesn't matter as long as it involves racing.

Ask questions, post questions, reply to questions, bullshit about upcoming games, have fun.

Mumble Server Information:

Address: 8v.servers.moe

Port: 64738

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268031297
news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/ForzaHorizon3_E3B-Roll_EditorialUseOnly_Part1of2_1080p30_ST_H264.mp4
humblebundle.com/store/promo/racingweek/
steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
gear.club/
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/745211031346102272
archive.is/t1VI0
store.steampowered.com/app/12170/
store.steampowered.com/app/12180/
youtube.com/watch?v=xdzAKHuYGoU&index=59&list=PLPP-Fg6V8tiqUTaxQNtQvzbxDmpE3jjAx
youtu.be/9d2mMdOd8DY
youtu.be/h_sXeH_us-c
store.steampowered.com/app/430230
burnouthints.com/downloads
store.steampowered.com/app/243800/
store.steampowered.com/bundle/249/
store.steampowered.com/sub/12467/
store.steampowered.com/app/282030
store.steampowered.com/app/262690
store.steampowered.com/sub/8667/
store.steampowered.com/app/33440/
humblebundle.com/store/the-crew-wild-run-edition
volafile.io/get/c59VP3VWw64D3/NFS_MW_05 + mods and police save.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CTS-V

you fucked up

Yay were back. So any new news that popped up about racing games?

no
we just post /o/ memes here

What in the hell?

Thoughts on this series?

awful physics, bretty gud on everything else though

Hydraulics, ese.

It's a lowriding Twingo, got posted last thread. Gotta keep up with these dank memes son.

Like what said. Be prepared for disappointment physics wise Kaido Racer 2 Chain Reaction is actually great for physics. Gameplay is actually clever with it's weird fighting game style but great customization, setting, and lore.

Why must devs who could pull this off pander to sim autists almost exclusively.

meme car

AC's modding section was shut down

And that's it really, resume /o/ meme posting.

>be BR

Anything related to video games is in the wild west here, but you'd think they would do the usual and be ambiguous instead of straight up lying to viewers

What's the best Forza game? Is it 4 or 6?

2 had the best physics imo, but 3 was the best overall, they didn't pull a jew and remove the porsches and the glorious 962.

Somebody borrow me a PS1.

It sucks that there's no game like forza (no fuck off that demo M$ released doesn't count) or gran turismo on PC that lets you mod the shit out of your cars while still remaining fairly simcadey regarding the handling and physics.

more p-class cars than ever, and indy and f1

don't listen to the nostalgia faggots

PCSXR nigger. Get the negcon plugin for smaller deadzone wheel input (if you're trying to play with a wheel), and tick the widescreen hax for the next gen GT2 experience.

PAL GT2 intro master race

Nah, ePSXe is the one to use. It's the most stable PS1 Emulator around.

And make sure to grab a BIN of Type 4

I second this. The closest I've played that fits the bill on PC was that shitty RIDE game for motorcycles

Does anyone still play Horizon 2?

Mednafen and PCSXR are superior emulators though

Did anyone really play Horizon 2? Shame it's on the Xboned And the 360 version is just the first one with a different map.And there's no word about it getting ported to W10

Wouldn't know. Only used ePSXe for a short bit and it worked fine for me. Haven't looked into another PS1 emulator.

I already had a forza machine from christmas, so I decided to get horizon too. It's fun, but its main appeal in that it had a much more decent car list than forza 5 is now outdated. That being said it's still fun to hoon around in, though not as comfy as the first horizon's desert highways

Well, PCSXR does the job and ePSXe doesn't have the handy widescreen hack. I initially stopped using ePSXe because the devs seemed to have moved on and stopped working on it but there are some new updates so maybe I'll try again.

Compatibility and stability are secondary. I barely play PS1 games anyway.

No, Mednafen is better for accuracy and has a few limited but appreciable enhancement over the real hardware in the libretro fork and PCSXR-PGXP has better options for graphical improvements (better GTE precision hack and perspective correct texture mapping), ePSXe is only recommended for PS1 emulation on android.

does anyone have the new drift stage alpha
if it hasnt improved im declaring it as a meme game

Forza Horizon 3 coming to Windows

ids habening :DDDDDDD

Windows 10 more like
Fuck this shit

Still Forza on Windows.
Still cool

Are you going to buy it on
WINDOWS 10 APP STORE
that
DOES NOT SUPPORT WHEELS
Are you that fucking retarded?

Horizon 3 in Straya edition on Win 10 and xbawks one

Wheel support is reportedly coming, but I won't buy it until they add some support to F6 Apex for sure.

Yeah, sure, just like those optimization patches for Gears of War or Quantum Break.
Oh, wait…

That's why I said reportedly, giving the hint of a doubt, not made a firm affirmation that wheel support was coming.

Wstore is a horrendous wrapper that does not support dinput at all. Xinput only.

Missed the microsoft conference. Someone give me an info dump on forza

That is true, and while it's still possible to run native code from UWAs the restrictions are quite tough. But there's still fucking Microsoft pushing behind and maybe, just maybe, they'll find a way.

Or just throw money at Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster so they put out XInput compatible drivers. I mean come on, the G27 is still using 6 years old drivers.

You know what xinput means, right? Two pressable sticks, four top buttons, four face buttons, d-pad. That's all you get.

Nope, there are XInput wheels that support force feedback. Basically all the Xbox 360 wheels, as well as the original FM3 wheel.

XInput actually comes with a wheel device enumeration type in the Windows SDK but AFAIK it's only used by the original FM3 wheel. PC wheels fall back to DirectInput, and this is why I'm wondering whether a patch from the manufacturers would actually make them work on a UWA. Perhaps even already in F6 Apex that is built on the F6 engine (to the point where you can still find some F6 beta data in the installation folder) which supports some wheels.

However yes, I will give you that the current XInput spec, even for the wheels, only enumerate a limited amount of buttons. The engineering solution would be to make a new version of the library that supports more buttons for the wheel type.

Would only be half surprised if the next version of XInput had better wheel support, but would only come with the next W10 update. The big ones that tend to break many computers.

Forza died after 4 and Horizon.

Turn 10 didn't pull a jew and remove Porsche. EA removed Porsche. FOR EVERYBODY. The fact that Turn 10 even decided to bring Porsche back shows how much disdain they had for EA to begin with. They brought them back even when they were still under contract for EA, resulting in millions of dollars being spent for a one-time license.

Eh, 5 was pretty good. Shame we had to wait three years for it

5 was Grade-A bullshit. Such an incomplete and half-assed game.

6, on the other hand, was what 5 should have been. Still nowhere near as well-rounded as 2/3/4 were, but it's back on the right track. Problem is that PD is finally getting off their asses to KIND OF catch up to Turn 10.

What are you talking about? 6 has yet to be released. And I just realized I forgot to change the filename of my pic to 'Denial'fuck

wew lad

I refuse to believe the shit PD put out for Sport. If it's anything like GT 6 physics wise, it will be solid. GT 6 has some of the best physics and tire modelling in any console game I've ever played.

What is the comfiest driving game on PC?

Euro Truck Simulator 2

pirate it because the devs went full ashkenazi jew

I actually meant aside from that. I was hoping Euro Truck Simulator was outside the scope of /ogc/ and so I'd get different answers.

Should I pirate get FUEL?

Wait, why is that a problem? Or is this some consolewar stuff

The Crew is really comfy but it's a multiplat. here's a video from my personal archive

How the fuck do I even get the game running?

Yeah not like you can pay for it anymore , don't forget to grab the REFUELED mod and take a look at the tweaks to remove the motion blur., that is if you grab eh PC version.

Was Horizon talked about during E3? Is is set in straya? Thought it was going to be set in Japan.

Well it did show off a vinyl editor but only in passing so it could be a shitty system like 5's fucking repainting system. Also sound design is still done by hoover.

/ogc/ is for racing and driving so. But I guess I can give a stab at it. There's Import Tuner Challenge It's honestly one of the weaker Tokyo Xtreme Racer games but the physics are the most forgiving and you can chose to bomb around with no traffic in the time attack mode. and FUEL is pretty comfy as well.

Found this, might help.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268031297

Also let's have a discussion of bands that make you like a game a bit more just off their inclusion. For me it's OotSA and Rob Zombie

Nah it is straya

none

That it is. Good, now I won't be insanely compelled to buy an Xbone if it was set in Japan to fuel my TXR lust. Though I am thinking of upgrading my PC soon and going Linux so I probably could run it through WINE

So what music would you like to hear in racing games then? And Skindred is great nigger metal

into the trash your opinion goes

Just installed pic related. Can't believe it's been almost 10 years already. Turns 10y/o this Halloween.

Got my self a couple of mods that adds custom resolution and hidden goodies.

It's a shame it gets looked over and isn't as well remembered as Most Wanted.The only issues is the Tier and style type limit what you use late game.

The Crew
FUEL

Install latest version of GFWL straight from MS website
Install the game, probably crack it
Use a random non-SSA GFWL key (I bought like 5 copies of 007 Quantum of Solace for them) to activate it as a legit copy
Roam the huge ass map and get some feels in the burnt area

the comfy would be 10x bigger if the driver didn't keep jiggling the wheel

Yeah this is one of the weird things they never bothered to change. When you're driving it doesn't really get in the way though.

Glad this thread is up, i'm discovering the joy of playing racing games. I'm currently playing test drive unl. 2 and dirt 3, but i'm up to get something more realistic and i've heard of F1 2015, dirt rally and richard burns rally.
Problem is, im using a steam controller, and while the gyro is (not totally) accurate, it's tiring to use and doesn't have feedback. Also richard burns crashes everytime i try to use it for some reason
What wheel are you people using right now and is it good?

No wheel, just a Sixaxis controller to play Sega Rally on MAME.

this and the emulation thread got me into ridge racer. I use my logitech g25 or my thrustmaster run n drive for vidya

F1 2015 is quite buggy, you should probably go for one of the earlier games. I'd recommend F1 2010 because even though it's quite old, the cars felt a bit more challenging to drive and I found the career mode to be the most fun of the series.
DiRT Rally is good.
RBR is probably better but unforgiving.

I have a G27 and it's a great wheel, at least considering how cheap it used to be.

Good to know, i was also thinking about getting 2013 since it does also have classic cars and looks like it is praised, too bad i can't quickly try both '10 and '13 since it doesn't look like they have demoes.
Btw found pic related for 135€, im sold

Yeah, and they're not cheap either.

Nice find btw

Help me anons
I need some good arcade racers that are not Daytona USA and SEGA Rally

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Test Drife Offroad: Wide Open
1NSANE
Whatever the n64 F1 is called
San Francisco Rush

Burnout games, they're all good
Also Assetto Corsa :^)

(Checked)
you better source that shit

Speed busters american highways.
Mario Kart
Crazy taxi
Toca Race driver

I found out what the problem was: My antivirus just didn't like the Seculauncher.exe crack

Will downloading the .dll and .ini file completely remove GFWL from the game?

Which means I have to disable the antivirus whenever I wanna play which is a bit of a pain.

it's 100% snake oil

Yeah Xliveless should remove GFWL from the game.
No other crack available? One that doesn't trigger your AV?

Disagree. Sure, if you run a bleeding edge OS, refrain from cracking shit and overall have some common sense they're pretty much useless but if you aren't sure it's better to have something checking in the background once in a while.

SLRR IRL

I know for AVG you can set up exceptions for programs so it will ignore it Though it will still show up if you scan your system

It's clearly the latest Need For Speed game. Look at how cinimatic it is.

I did.

But it still deletes the .exe if I try to launch it with agv active

THAT´S RIGHT, LIANNE. I'M RICHARD BURNS. THE AFTERMATH OF THE DEVASTATING EARTHQUAKE CONTINUES. TRAVEL IS STILL SEVERELY RESTRICTED STATE-WIDE. OFFICIALS SAY THERE ARE STILL NO REPORTED CASUALTIES, WHICH IS TRUELY UNFORTUNATE AS IT MAKES FOR INCREDIBLY BORING NEWS. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS STILL REFUSING AID TO HELP REBUILD BRIDGES AND EVERYONE IS BLAMING EACHOTHER. THE GOVERNOR IS THREATENING TO BOMB AUSTRALIA DESPITE SCIENTIFIC PROOF IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT. RICHARD BURNS. DOUBLE U CEE TEE AARRRRR

whenever I hear him talk, it's like he speaks in caps

is there a game like this where I can drive next to the sea at night, like the PCH or similar?

The Crew allows you to do that, though it must be said that the scale of the map means you'll go from top to bottom in 20 minutes at average speed.

Project CARS also had two maps (at least at some point in the beta it did) that were bits of roads. One located in the Cote d'Azur which started on the beach and led to the mountains, the other in California that IIRC followed the coast. Might want to take a look at that.

Stupid as it may seem, GTA V. Driving all sorts of sucks but its got some nice coastal roads and paths, and the south east of the map is a bit of wilderness barely touched during the whole game that feels quite nice.

GTA was where it came from but again thats really quick too.
I wonder if you would be able to put roads using google maps street view onto a track in r factor and use that.

They just confirmed it on a stream that full wheel support is Day 1 on PC along with 21:9 support, ultrawide, 4K and uncapped framerate. Same "Dynamic" settings as Apex as well so you can set it to a target FPS and go nuts

Direct footage of Xbone version here but fuck it looks good on xbone already. Imagine what it's going to be like on PC?

news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/ForzaHorizon3_E3B-Roll_EditorialUseOnly_Part1of2_1080p30_ST_H264.mp4

The optimisation patch did come out for QB with unlocked framerates and removed "temporal upscaling". The problem is that Quantum Break uses a fucking retarded real time global illumination lighting system and advanced deffered render buffer. Most PC's can't run it on Ultra because the hardware on PC that can run it on Ultra wasn't even released yet and the 970 still chokes on high settings.

MS and Remedy were fucking retarded in not shilling it as the next Crysis stye hardware killer but then leddit would have rioted that there meme i5/970 "rigs" couldn't handle it.

To stay on topic. The Nissan product placement is hilarious though. You can't blow them up so if you find a Nissan van or car you can use them as unlimited cover.

Bampu

Daily reminder that Test Drive Unlimited 2 is a unplayable piece of shit

[spoiler]but is the only piece of shit we got :((
[/spoiler]

no user this just woke up my gas station fuel hose fetish

hue

Midnight Club 2 and 3 REMIX

Okay nerds, i have a throaway mail and i'm making a xbox live gamertag for the forza PC beta thing.

dubs decide

Okay nerds, i have a throaway mail and i'm making a xbox live gamertag for the forza PC beta thing.

dubs decide

dubs decide

dubs decide

There's probably a way to do that but it won't be straight forward. Also the 3D resolution is quite low.

Also mentioned it earlier but didn't think of it, but FUEL has a bit of water.

It's not unplayable, just weird as all fuck. If you can tune to the physics it can be quite fun

You got your clutch stuck, if you know what i mean

Are there any modern equivalents to Outrun? Bonus points if they have waifus I can cruise with.

Is 2006 modern enough? Otherwise there's Powerdrive 2000.

hue and you got your dubs

why even live?

Already have that installed and modded, the cars look great but anything 2D is low res as fuck. Thanks for the other suggestion though, I'll look into it.

In Ivory Tower's America, the wall is already built :^)

the fuck are you playing on, a projector?

Nah it's the game. Playing at 1080p but the photomode allows you to take upscaled, AA'd pictures.

Actually, looking at the fact that this was made through mozjpeg i'm assuming you got it from another source?

Subestimating the roaches aren't we

Nope, converted to jpg from the huge ass source pngs.

Also once in a while the game will forget how to render shit.

What encoder did you use? i assumed it was mozjpeg because of certain characterists it's output files always have and my disbelief in getting complicated 4k images to that file size in not so bad quality without a mix of jpgcrush and libjpeg-turbo

mspaint

amazing

mad angle

Never mind that, how about Part 5? I do wonder what caused Hotwheels to drop Acceleracers. I mean it's not like it was unpopular or something,. Hell they even threw a character from that into Battle Force 5.

Kinda looks like an unfinished Unity port of TDU2

VROOM

May I please have your attention?

Everybody, follow my direction.

Everybody, get on your feet.

Everybody, g'out your street, now.

I never got a chance to play it when it was current.
Was/is it any good?

Pretty good, though online is dead and it suffers from extreme rubberbanding at times. I'd recommend it in the $5 or less bin unless someone managed to get multiplayer working again.

Everybody, take your radio.
Tune it to your favorite rock and roll show, now.
Everybody, sing it with me.
Sing it, on the count of three…

NOW, EVERYONE TURN UP YOUR RADIO.
TURN IT UP LOUD, SO THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS.
THAT UNITED WE STAND, AND WHEREVER WE GO,
IT'S AMERICAN ROCK N' ROLL!

Yeah it's good, the map is quite pretty, the atmosphere is very nice (that "all alone on earth" feel) and the racing is fun. Definitely recommended.

Considering it uses GFWL, which means P2P everything, wouldn't it still work?
I never managed to find a game but chalked that up to the fact that no one was playing the damn game.

Are there ant racing vidya on the 3DS aside from Mario Kart?.

any* lol

I don't own a 3DS, but a quick search threw up the following.

Humble Bundle has a sale on racing games going right now. Any of them worth it?
Was kind of looking at WRC5 and Seb Loeb Rally, since I have a weak spot for rally racing, but I figure I have Dirt Rally and The Crew if those aren't really worth their current asking price

humblebundle.com/store/promo/racingweek/

Sounds interesting.

WRC5 is meh.
SLRE is not too bad, if the Italian gods of Milestone allows you to play it on your computer. Quite a step up over Milestone's previous WRC games in the gameplay and level design part, but it's still the same shit on the technical side.
GRID 2 is quite good, and having all the DLCs for that price is a good deal.
The Crew Wild Run for that price is great. Good game, good map, fun to play, still very active and you even get the Wild Run expansion that costs more than this bundle. Quite a "fuck you" to those who bought the recent Ubisoft bundle to get The Crew for $15 though.
DR is good.
PCARS isn't too bad, especially at this price, but you won't have all the good DLC packs.

And I'll probably finally buy Distance because dem aesthetics

Is The Crew worth getting if I just want to play by myself?

Yeah, having friends help but you can play the game by yourself. That's what I do most of the time.

Fuck. I want to play this but don't want any uplay bullshit.

gonna recommend BeamNG.drive.
Soft body physics
pretty large and growing mod community
frequent updates

Dubs confirm that game is God Tier

Horizon 3 is looking OK. The skybox thing worries me though. Wouldn't a recorded real world skybox mean we'll get rain at the same hours every day or something?

Shame. UPlay isn't that bad, it has evolved quite a lot since its early days. Now it just does the job, the only intrusive bit are the ads (a bit like Steam sometimes does, in a popup). You can even just launch the game and it will launch UPlay, unlike for Steam or Origin games.

Steam games generally do launch the client by launching the game though

Maybe, or maybe they recorded for extended periods and will splice caps together to make rain dynamic. I wonder how well they thought this through.

Depends on how much data they have, it's implied they used the recorded data to get samples of different conditions (rain coming, sun setting, etc.) and used that data to make dynamic skyboxes.

Most of the games I remember would pop a shit "Steam must be running in order to play this" window. I'm probably mistaken.

They even said they mixed and blended it in the video.

Here's a list of games right here that run without steam even if installed through steam.

steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

Lel what.

Any news on that port of Atlantica from NFS3?

Sure but wouldn't that take up too much space? I mean video is no joke when it comes to file size and they'd have to keep it at a decent resolution and pretty uncompressed for it to look OK as a skybox.

Oh well, I guess it all depends on how the blending tech works in the end.

In the day and age of 50+ GB games they can probably manage that. But yeah, probably used as source material for their own skybox system. I don't know.

With the advent of high bandwidth internet connections they could get away with streaming the weather data from a server, using distributed cloud computing and weather models to have an ultra realistic weather simulator.

what's a game where I can do mountain dift duels to eurobeat?

need for speed carbon??

BallisticNG is good and free. Get you sum.

Zen is the real man's mode.

Will this game be worth getting win10 for??
I really like these kind of games since paradise city and most wanted

just play wip3out

Interesting they are bringing back the auction house with vinyls and shit. I now a lot of the big livery makers stuck with 4 because they couldn't sell them in 5 or 6

Depends on how much you want the game. I think it is, because I've been longing for such a game. And for once playing a game that's finished, not an eternal beta, would be quite a feeling.

This, or grabbing an X1 as MS is probably going to slash their prices to make space for the new version.

Just make sure to do at least a dry upgrade (like upgrade then revert) before the end of July so you don't have to pay for it.

Is Initial D: Extreme Stage for the PS3 region free?. Have you guys played it?.

Is 2 that good?
I remember checking it out and the HUD was not very cool, there was no peds and the campaign/entire VA was downright awful

so.. nobody is going to choose my xbox live gamertag?

Vehicle Genitalia Olfactive Trace

You got your dubs right afterwards so you could pick a substring :^)

otherwise
topi kekkonen

fuck yeah topi

I worked out what I'm gonna do to play this game last night, instal windows 10 on an external hard drive and play it off there. that way i can keep superior windows 7 with my emulators and shit and not get spied on.

Forza had the license since FM4 :^)

Don't wanna get into a fight but W10 and W7? Same level of spying. And W10 Pro has all the controls to turn off everything.

Installing on an external drive would work though, just make sure it's a fast USB3 drive and you plug it in one of your main chipset USB3 ports or the performance is going to suck. Might want to check Windows-To-Go, which allows you to install W8+ on external hard drives in mere minutes.

Also I don't know how the upgrade works this way.

gah forgot the pic

inb4 shutting down the AC modding section was because Porsche got mad half the mods are 911s

I don't know what people see in 911's.

pretty sure i read that even if you turn everything off win 10 pro can still spy on you
win 7 there were specific updates to implement the spying (the same ones that asked you to upgrade) so i deleted those

not heard of windows to go would that also work with win 10

How well optimized do we think this game is gonna be for pc? straight port of the xbone version or will it have graphics settings and support will it run on a toaster

Yeah I think if you disable the obvious controls you fall back to regular Windows spying. Microsoft can have my porn tastes if they want.

I have a W10 Windows to Go drive and it works wonders.

As for optimization, I think it's going to be close to F6 Apex. So a lot of video settings including "bill take the wheel" mode in which you set a performance target, a resolution and let the game dynamically change the settings. Not sure how low they'll go, and quite importantly how many wheels will be supported.

cool i'll try that out then cheers

Once you have W10 set up might as well try F6 Apex see how it runs.

It's using the same system as Forza Horizon 2 where the game does a dynamic system based on the air temprature, humidity values and weather fronts the game RNG's based on the French/Italian Rivieras real world data around the summer months. If the humidity, air temp and weather fronts align, it will rain. Some days you can even get localised evening showers just based on humidity and clouds swelling up.

I don't think there will be anything fancy but it will likely use the same system where it will just spawn in clouds and rain based on the values they use.

Make sure it's on custom settings though. It has a weird issue where it runs like ass if you use a pre-set because it's trying to max out everything on your card but once you change everything to "Dynamic" and add a target framerate it will run great on a toaster

Yeah I notice that, 60 FPS + dynamic everything remove the awful frameskips I had.

haha yeah that's not gonna run then

Noice, soundtrack is good as well. Like it. Maybe grab it on steam.

Honestly it's because they're iconic and recognized for being great driving cars. And it is pretty impressive how much they've done by sticking to the same basic oddball design I honestly wish more commuter cars did an RR layout

Anyone else looking forward to Carmageddon' Max Damage that's coming up.

Hell yeah.
Watched Stainless' recent stream, seems to be very nice. The PC version will come at a later date than the console versions, though.
Still excited, they got it running at solid 30 on fucking PS4. In the meantime I've played with mods and shit, as a couple more have appeared, Carrerasaur from SP and Monsterbug from C2. Trent's UI mod is a must after completing the career, lets you have mod cars in the roster without doing it manually and change your and opponents' upgrade levels. There's also a few other settings for fucking around with the levels. And if you're going to host multiplayer, it allows up to 32 players in a single game.

I thought that title was on early access and that people really didn't like it.

Carmageddon left EA and went into beta a while ago. It had some major performance issues when it first dropped, but those are rectified. However I feel the balance of the game is off. The enemy's are too hardy, you're too soft, and the car gets way too squirrelly when you push it. It's nice to fuck around in but it doesn't really posses that urge to pick it up again.

Also forgot to mention the AI seems dead set on just cuddling you you except for one or two who just fuck off. It's kinda a let down that you can't live an let live and fuck off around the back 9 whenever you want.

I'm late but I'm here, anyway i played a few races and it's absolute garbage

It is. I bought it but it's been stuck in customs for a week now. I hope I don't have to pay additional taxes for that because 40 euros are already something.

Really it's not. Not the amazingest game, and once you've plat the 12 races you're left with two weekly events to plat in 2-3 hours so there's not a whole lot to do.

But it's moderately fun, the driving is okay though it could be a lot better if there was a way to counter the weird steering smoothing. As long as you get into the corners at sane speeds it will play just fine.

Can you guys recommend me some open world offroading games? More or less proper offroading that is.
And I already have 100%'ed FUEL so don't bring that up. And game should preferably be pirateable because do i look like a bag of money to you

not actually proper offroading but you can have fun fucking around on Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open's 3 maps using the freeroam option

Just beat Outrun 2019 for the Genesis and had more fun with it than any modern AAA game I've played this gen. Sega seriously needs to make a new entry in the series, All Stars Racing Transformed proved they still know how to make an excellent arcade style racer.

how do you want your memes famalam

I've been saying it, Outrun with VR support and waifus would make them cash money.
Especially if they do DLC to include various Sega girls for you to pick who you drive with.

Horizon 3 had me hyped more than anything else at E3, which kind of says something about this years E3 to begin with.

Too bad it's set in Straya, though.

What's wrong with the land down under?
Aside from abos trying to pop open your gas tank and huff the contents of it.

Straya just seems less appealing to me. Either Straya has changed drastically since the last time I was there or I didn't see all of Straya, but it was nowhere near as pretty as it was in the trailer. Yeah it was nice, but there are nicer looking places in the U.S. and Europe.

Who needs licences?

As someone who regularly drives 14 hour hauls across Australia, I can confirm that while there are some pretty locations most of it is flat, dull and uninteresting. However, what the video displayed does seem fairly representative of what we have.

FUND IT

Is anyone interested in Distance?

I played the alpha version of it, Nitronic Rush, but I have the feeling it's going to be bad.

It was a compact car with the interior and soul of a SUV while having an aesthetic that made it look like a grey market import out of the factory. The only equivalents on the market similar to this are Scion which isn't quite my first choice despite being part of the same manufacturer.

Fortunately it won't be for about another 2-4 years before I get another car (It turns 14 this year) and I'll be able to buy something cool at that time like an older Mercedes or something.

That goes for pretty much everywhere. And that's why the keep the best bits.

But anyway, the reproduction is going to be very loose. FH2's map is very, very far from the reality.

Yeah, I have early access to Distance.

Nitronic Rush is an arcade game. Distance is shaping up to be a "narrative experience" like most generic single player games these days. It's also not as challenging since every obstacle is repeated ad nauseam with 1 mile of barren track separating them. Plus, the devs work as slow as molasses so Overgrowth will be out before it. A plus side is that the Steam Workshop will fill in for the devs, since they've apparently forgotten about level design.

Sounds like by trying to make a full game out of the concept it loses its magic. Makes me think of Portal vs Portal 2. The latter is longer and more interesting in many ways, but the former was just perfectly sized.

You meant doritos?

So your saying it's shaping to the walking sim of racing games?

Now if only we could get the Brutal Legend of Racing Games. Except with the abrupt genera change a little bit in

fugg

what's the best PS2 racing videogames?

Oh for fucks sake. Nitronic Rush was the only non-Japanese indie game I ever enjoyed. I knew it was too good to be true.

Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4

Get one of the CMR games or GT games.

Is Wipeout any good?

Depenpnds on what you want. For Realistic driving, Gran Turismo 4, while for arcade it's Ridge Racer V.

Huh, Ok. Of course he does have a Hunter S. Thomson kinda thing going for him, so it could just be him covering bizarre subjects (Furries in this case).

Also if there's a reason to hate RCR it's more the fact that after not twenty episodes in he crashed his old shitbox and ebegged for enough money to get a new one. Also it has this issue of once you get past the "Wacky cringe joke" writing it looses some it's charm though it does have it's momentsCadillac's Chris Gaines album

Also Trials got a Blood Dragon version in case anyone's interested.

Yeah they announced it at the E3, and some levels look Outrun as fuck. But when I play those games I always find them stale quite fast. Not sure I'll be able to get 15 european monopoly bills of fun out of it

It has some shooting sections mixed in so that could break the monotony of it for you. Also it's a continuation of the story of Blood Dragon And has stuff that is just Hotline Miami

Burnout 3
Burnout dominator
Jak x
Choro Q games are pretty chill if you're into that sort of thing
Gran turismo 4
Flatout2(there's a pc port)
Juiced 2
WRC rally evolved
the need for speed series(also on pc)

Can confirm the NFS series. Underground to Carbon is pretty good.

I still hate how they decided it was a good idea to remake Most Wanted. Fucking DLC cars.

HP2 is better

Forget about the dudebro games, this is the NFS game you want.

You missed one, don't worry though, got you covered fam. Also Test Drive Eve of Destruction is THE BEST demolition derby game and we'll never get a Test Drive game again period

Well in theory it sound, it's just that it's EA and their evil is only rivaled by it's stupidity.

Why even live?

You can do that with your own car tbh

Also I just found out that Eden were back and are making basically a F2P TDU game. Does look mildly interesting, but only available on Apple TV so far. Which is quite an interesting choice in itself.

Fingers crossed for at least an Android version, hopefully a Windows one too.
gear.club/

video games

Tell me it's the TDU Eden and not TDU2 "Eden".

It's Eden minus all the guys that went to Ivory Tower to make The Crew.

So I guess the guys that were too bad to get a new job.

Also, sorry to break it to you but Eden always sucked.

Well, they did make first TDU so there's that.
Crew's shit too, it's just Ubisoft Presents TDU2

That's the thing, objectively the first TDU is shit. The roads kill the (not great) handling model, everyone looks like a botched post-op tranny, the graphics are meh as fuck, the handling is lukewarm at best, the traffic are suicidal fuckers ready to die for a piece of your car and you end up doing the same shit over and over again on samey roads.

Objectively it sucks, but like The Crew it has a good feel to it and there's nostalgia amplifying the good bits. This is a 10 year old game.

And if I may, this "shit but the good bits can shine" is pretty much Eden's mark.

Alone in the Dark has so many good ideas let down by the awful core game mechanics.
All the V-Rally games had interesting bits but were let down by below average playability.

But yeah, very cautious of a F2P game because it has all the hallmarks of the Gameloft games, those that pretty much force you to pay to keep going.

V-Rally 2 was incredible at the time though. They fixed the handling from the first, then added a shitload of content, including the track maker and 4 player split screen.

It was the only truly good game they made, but it was really close to CMR 2 in how good it was.

Is the new Need for Speed worth buying? It's 35€ and I was thinking about getting it when I get a new graphics card.

So how many of you can spot yourselves in this video?

the best a faggot does on this site is get speeding tickets on B roads before crashing their car into a ditch.

What's OGC's opinion of Wreckfest?
There's a new track coming on the next update
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/745211031346102272

wew I wasn't even aware of such a mod

Played it a while ago, drove pretty well but there was nothing to do except drive around in circles and try to crash people.

where's this from?

Which is the best of the racing games I have? Ive played grid 2 for a while but it's pretty boring tbh.

Colin Mcrae Rally
DiRt Showdown
grid 1, 2 and autosport
Ridge racer unbounded
Toybox turbos

jesus christ

NO NO, don't do that. LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. Hell get a PSP emulator to play through Ridge Racer 2.

Honestly Toybox Turbos might be your best bet if you found Grid 2 to be boring.

It's just so easy and the races are really repetitive.

What? Grid 2, Unbounded or Toybox? I can confirm GRID 2 has no middle ground between Normal and Hard it sucks so much and Unbounded is soul less. Don't know about Toybox though,

If it's the CMR remake, don't. It's pretty terrible. Quite playable but there's not much to do and the handling is arguable.

RR Unbounded is very meh. The explosions are nice and there's a quite expansive career mode with dynamic tracks (like if you explode a certain bit of track it changes the layout) in pretty environment but the handling is pretty bad. I 100%'d the game in about 50 hours and still didn't really understand how the drift button works.

Did you try increasing the difficulty? I'm not exactly the fastest driver ever, but the AI on the hardest difficulty was somewhat competitive against me. Mainly because that one fucking guy would pull a gap early on and take the rest of the race to catch.

Nice filename qeq

grid 2 it's the only one I've played of the bunch because slow download speed.

GRID 1 is generally considered to be the best GRID game but it's still easy, though I'd recommending modding out the brown filter if you do play it.

Ridge Racer Unbounded is awful.

Still seems unoptimized and progress is super slow on fixing issues in the game.

It's a shame this one never made it to a race, its death was needed for the greater good.

Whats a good splitscreen game to play with 3 friends?.

For PS3 i mean.

Blur

nice

beep beep anons

archive.is/t1VI0
rip in kek

Modnation racers.

It's a shame Criteron is getting treated like this. I mean what did Criterion do to EA besides make good games? I swear this is the only industry that endorses mediocrity.

Also this showed up on steam, looks interesting and it's not like there's much else going on in the racing game section.

Nothing, and it's not like stopped making decent games. It's just that one day EA woke up and decided to drop everything and make Star Wars games for some reason.

bump

Speaking of showing up on steam, since when are GTA1 and GTA2 on steam? And when did they remove the option to buy them?

store.steampowered.com/app/12170/
store.steampowered.com/app/12180/

On topic: I recently booted up Burnout 3 again. Genuinely 10/10 racing game, nearly evertying I have played cannot top that game. And I'm not saying that out of nostalgia, mind you. I only got a PS2 with the game and several others about 3 years ago.

GTA 1 and 2 are given to you for free if you bought/buy(?) the GTA pack that has 3/VC/SA.

ohh my bad didnt know that

I'm really digging some detroit techno, what's a good match for this stuff?
youtube.com/watch?v=xdzAKHuYGoU&index=59&list=PLPP-Fg6V8tiqUTaxQNtQvzbxDmpE3jjAx
youtu.be/9d2mMdOd8DY
youtu.be/h_sXeH_us-c

Midnight Club 3 lets you race around detroit.

This is the best NFS in my opinion, and the last good one.

lol

high qeq

In NFS: Carbon, when I put grip tires on my Eclipse GT, it accelerates very slow for some reason.

Also, tuning the suspension is broken.

Don't think too hard about it, shit's all retarded.

store.steampowered.com/app/430230
A game about being the best at mowing lawn with a car.

wtf

What are /ogc/'s thoughts on webm related?

The shitbox experience seems good but I won't get it until there's proper wheel support.

Steam sale is coming up and i dont know which racing game to get i have assetto corsa beamng euro truck simulator burnout paradise so far i only have dirt rally in mind

GTAV would be breddy good if it wasn't so expensive, if it hadn't such a bloated file size and if the online wasn't such a soul crushing grindy cunt party.

Whats wrong with Prostreet? It is one of my favorite games ever.

hurr no cops durrrr

Looks like a cross between Monster Garage and Carmageddon's German release.

That's basically all there is on Steam for racing games. Maybe grab something dumb if it's like a buck.

I remember I had an old monster garage game that had some of their more wacky creations, one of which was that mustang(?) lawn mower thing. I should look to see if I still have the cd somewhere

So, basically if you found an old copy of ViIV, the mod that ported the V map to IV.

But I don't usually find GTA games to be comfy. If you're playing online you won't play 10 minutes before someone in an armored car tries to wreck your shit. And even if they don't, anything will trigger the cops and they'll ruin everything.

I mean the map has some comfy bits but overall it's meh

i just bought it, currently downloading
i guess i can leave my thoughts after i play it

on pc Carbon: suspension is flipped over is under, under is over

okay, so first of all, it's a unity game, and loading takes too goddamn long
it doesnt seem to render very far
crash after the first bump into the railings

i probably wont refund this because i want to see how the game goes after it got out of alpha

Burnout Paradise is on sale.
Should I get it?

What other worthwhile racing games are there on the summer sale?

Yes. And after you get it, get the vanity pack (embed related) and the DLC unlocker since the DLC store for the PC version is offline.
burnouthints.com/downloads

Other worthwile are Gas Guzzlers Extreme, the GRID bundle, the Flatout bundle, oldschool carmageddon 2, Little Racers STREET (an indie topdown racing game) and some NFS games that come in a bundle WITH Paradise (cant recommend HP 2010 though, garbage game). Thats all I can think of on steam atm.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme: store.steampowered.com/app/243800/
GRID bundle: store.steampowered.com/bundle/249/
Flatout bundle: store.steampowered.com/sub/12467/
Carmageddon 2: store.steampowered.com/app/282030
Little Racers Street: store.steampowered.com/app/262690
NFS + Paradise bundle:store.steampowered.com/sub/8667/

Forgot Driver: San Francisco
store.steampowered.com/app/33440/

The crew is onsale for 15 jewbux. worth it?

I can definitely vouch for Flatout 2. Installed it on a whim today and ended up playing it for 8 hours, easily one of my favorite racing games.

also, I know Carmageddon TDR 2000 is shit, but is there something wrong with the first game too?

It says it requires a Uplay account, but a review says it was removed. Which is it?

Is Riptide GP2 any good? I loved games like Wave Race and Hydro Thunder, however this is apparently a port of a mobile game, which has me wondering if it's shit or not.

It's a servicable mobile game that feels like a low-budget PS2 game (royalty-free sound effects, royalty-free background music, touch controls swapped out for whatever controller scheme is used, limited amount of courses despite all of them being compact closed loops) that might be enjoyable to play in occasional bursts.

t. riptide gp2 owner on Lagdroid device

With Horizon 3 coming to windows, any chance we'll get Forza Horizon 2? My understanding is it's incredibly easy to port games to windows 10, get on twitter and ask Phil Spencer to bring FH2 to on Windows. He's a pretty cool guy.

I really don't want to buy an xbone just for one game.

NFS Undercover is trash too, both on the technical side (like how the 1.8 patch breaks the performance but 1.7 doesn't have some bonus events and a broken key mapping menu) and on the gameplay side. You would save a few bucks by just buying Burnout and Shift 2.
S2U is a fine game, more so if you use PTMu though it breaks the drift mode.
Would recommend the first Shift as well, but it doesn't have much more value over Shift 2.

The game is worth it, but you should get it on the Humble Store.
humblebundle.com/store/the-crew-wild-run-edition
18 currencies for the base game + the Wild Run expansion is much, much better than 15 currencies for only the base game.

Pretty sure UPlay is still used. It would be weird if it wasn't, plus it's used for the online bit, the reward thing and probably the DRM.

Steam reviewers are moron anyway

Just wait for Riptide 3. It has some proper budget innit.

Actually Steam also has a Wild run edition for the same price. So you can have the same item with double the drm.

Indeed, I hadn't noticed it.

Just buy one used at 100 bucks, they are in an all-time low
So much for making a good rig when you cannot afford 100 bucks for a piece you can resell after for 80, or buy Forza 6

Which is better? The Crew or TDU2?

Rate my current racing vidya wishlist (going to get these games soon):
Grid 1, Dirt 3 and Rally, NFS Underground 2 or Most Wanted, Twisted Metal Black and the Jak and Daxter racing game.

The Crew. I found a lot of things to be enjoyable in TDU2 but the online is both empty and unreliable now, and the core driving bit is barely bearable.

good, good, good, get Carbon, pretty good, don't know

All good. Personally I never really got into Dirt 3 and Most Wanted but other people like them. Make sure to get the original Most Wanted, not the 2015 version.

alright, thanks m8.

So what's the actual best NFS?

Opinions vary on that. I personally like III, IV, HP2, MW, Carbon and Prostreet the most.

I stopped playing after Most Wanted. So in my opinion: Porsche Unleashed.

IMO, Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2. The last game true to the original NFS spirit before the "dark" ages of the 4 cut'n'pasted PS2 games.

volafile.io/get/c59VP3VWw64D3/NFS_MW_05 + mods and police save.zip
for that one user who may or may not be here

Dirt 3 complete edition worth it?

Even if I already have Dirt Rally?

I just want more rally games to play

if you can deal with uPlay, then TDU 2.5: Ubisoft Boogaloo is a fairly nice improvement though TDU1 is still the best

They fixed that in PS2/Wii version of Undercover. The customization & performance is literally same as Carbon.

Yes

Suppose it is. The gaykayna forced on you gets kind of annoying.

Picked it up on the racing bundle on bundlestars, considering it was only 17 cents when I bought the bundle it was really good.

Can i but the game on steam and only run it from uplay? Since the sale on humblebundle ended

I don't know. I just bought it. I'll get back to you once it's downloaded.

And just to clarify i want to know if i can play directly from uplay without the need to open steam

I think you can, IIRC if you buy it on Steam you get a UPlay key you can plug into UPlay to unlock the game.

That makes sense.

Yeah, nah. When I click download in Uplay, it just opens steam to download the game. Same as when I click play.

Wow, this is fun.

Thats what i thought would happen but i uess not since says otherwise

Well you can always buy from the Uplay store for 20 units instead of 18 :^)

Can you copy the cd key from steam and try to redeem it on uplay?

Yeah you can.

Did you try it or just assuming? Because some games do work like that some won't

You have to redeem it on uplay, but it'll still be linked to your steam account and work through it. This is how I experience it.

Someone needs to make anew thread this one's tanking. Only took 13 days too.

okey

By the way the dlc packs aren't actually dlc but buying the vehicle. i got the complete edition with every bit of additional content for 14 dollars on a br store and the dlc packs made me start with a bunch of supercars