You thought the villain would get a cool, distinct look and gimmick, but it was really me...

You thought the villain would get a cool, distinct look and gimmick, but it was really me, the Palette Swap all along all over again!!!

He's not big enough to be killmonger.

Agreed. Erik Killmonger is supposed to be a fucking BEAST. You're supposed to really be afraid for T'Challa, like this guy could just Bane him.

Wait..they're using Killmonger? Aww…I was expecting the White Gorillas…

So he sells kill?

Killmongler! He'll KILL YOUR COCK!

Can't even let the word appear in the marketing or there'd be chimping.

They are in the movie. Probably just as minor villains though.

If Man-Ape doesn't die by pulling the Panther Idol down on top of himself like a fucking retard, I shall be sorely disappointed.

I'm still going to probably prefer the fan-film.
My T'Challa gets by on pure balls, not a bunch of Iron Man toys.

He's not even called Man Ape in the movie.

It's amazing to me that they're using a character who has a decent rogue's gallery, they pick one of his biggest villains and still make him into a palette swap.
I mean, I get how that happened for Ant-Man, but Black Panther?

That is an awful special effect.

somehow this manages to look less goofy

I imagine it's done to make filming action scenes easier (with mo-capped CGI and stuntmen) and for merchandising potential.

The background looks so fake.

Seems like the audience would mistake the two if they're both wearing panther suits.

I can't be the only one thinking that having art that is so cluttered and unclear that you have to make the character essentially act as narrator to make it possible to tell what is going on, is poor use of the medium.
Surely they could at least have used sound effects instead of having the character stop to tell us that there is a "rumbling, cracking NOISE".

What's the point of comics if you're just going to use the visuals to show close ups of characters to the point where you have to make them narrate their own world to make it possible to tell what is going on?

But where is Ayo and what is her role in the story
what fucking retard thinks ayo is a good name

Oh, that's not the original page, the annotator at The Peerless Power Of Comics! rearranged the panels. I'll see if I can find the original layout.
Here we go, Avengers #62, Roy Thomas and John Buscema.

How many times have this meme been used where the villain is a evil counterpart? I could only think:

What? Antman and yellowjacket have clear and opposite costume what are you on about?

HOL' UP
To answer your question, the kind of retard that has never encountered a black person, but believes they can write them.

Please tell me someone shitposted on twitter with that

I think he means a villain with same powers as hero and considers it lazy.

I thought Red Skull was different enough in terms of personality.

Theres a screencap of some twitter convo with John Boyega and the other guy uses this pic. Saw it on Holla Forums

lol

They have the same powers and the same look, one is red, one is yellow.

That's a forced attempt. Lefties only oppose putting your race or ethnicity first when Whites do it.

DC also does it. There's Zod? Bane?

Fuck didn't know Zog or bizarro or super girl or superboy were lazy characters
Or that Cain and deathstroke or death shot were the same character with different pallet swap

Ras al ghoul
Hush
The thing
Redhood
Floronic man

Bane isn't really an evil counterpart of Batman because his fighting style and his costume are completely different from Batman. The only similarity is that they're both smart (at least Nolan Bane is) and they both wear masks.

Zod is a good example though. Same powers, recolored costume etc. Professor Zoom is another good example.

To be fair Bane kind of was meant to be an Evil Batman when he was created. Then again alot of 80's Batman villains were like Deathstroke, Azrael and Prometheus.

More like an evil Doc Savage.

It's lazy when it's yet another origin movie where they are doing the same shit they've done in several of their other movies already. It's not just the trope, it's the fact that they apparently can't think of a single plot where the introduction of the hero involves him fighting a mirror match for the climax.

Isn't Deathstroke the evil batman?

Kind of. Like Bane, he's smart and tactical and highly skilled. But like Bane, Deathstroke's also physically enhanced, which throws off the Batman comparison somewhat. I mean, Bats gets preptime plot armor which is essentially a superpower, but technically he's supposed to be a "normal" human in peak condition.

There's only one anti-Batman and his name is Killer Moth.

Good guy has thing, uses it to become a superhero.
Bad guy who good guy thought was his ally is secretly plotting to get his hands on thing.
Bad guy gets hand on thing, becomes evil reverse version of good guy with it.
Good guy beats bad guy with craftiness and smarts, not thing, proving to bad guy it's what's inside that counts or whatever the sappy bullshit message is supposed to be.

Ok, seriously, this is getting fucking out of hand. How many times are Marvel going to trot out this tired formula?

it's because you can believe a gigantic mountain looking motherfucker in a retarded outfit could potentially be a threat, while the skinny little beanstalk in op's gif is about as nonthreatening as you can be while still wielding fucking swords

user, it isn't healthy talking to yourself

Makes me wonder if they'll revert him back to his original version.

Cat Man gets no love.

Excuse me?

you are both smalltime

More like faggot Catwoman rip-off.

user, your shiftkey is busted.

I never realized that; guess that means Super Skrull for the FF Marvel movie and High Evolutionary for the X Men Marvel movie.

He's more like a mutant half bat half man. Not an evil version of batman that has gadgets and stuff.

What about Wrath? Or Prometheus?

And Black Mask.

And if you really want to stretch the Anti-Batman thing…Hush. But that's really stretching it.

You might as well say Joker was an anti-Batman when he had his own utility belt.

They seriously wanted to do that though.

He can be called an Anti-Batman yes. He's compared to him before. See Killing Joke.

How have we not had a batman movie that ends with the Joker fighting Batman dressed AS Batman?
It's brillaint.

What is brilliant about it?
It's would be making obvious, unsubtle and literal representation of one of the better underlying themes of Batman. It doesn't need to be so explicit. That's 'Superhero Origin Movie' material. "We're not so different you and I."

sorry m8 i meant brilliant as in awesome to see, not clever or deep

No problem newfag.

you seem upset

It appears, your keyboard is broken.

Your use of the comma is grammatically incorrect. Ten points from Hufflepuff.

Well there was an episode of the Batman where the Joker dresses up as Batman and demands people pay him for crime fighting including the mayor. And he tries to turn Batman into the Joker.

Yeah, I've been thinking of buying that batman show off itunes.
It's the only place that has it in uncropped widescreen.

I don't see the appeal.

why do they keep doing this over and over?

I'm just saying it would be a fun thing to see him randomly wear a batman suit in the climax

Why is your shiftkey failing over and over again?

Same reason why you keep using a broken keyboard over and over again.

I still wish we got a Hulk movie where he goes against the Leader. They already set him up in the movies.

I like his Zathras impression.

Save your money. The pacing of that show is fucked to hell.

I'm getting more of a Yoda vibe.

What do you mean by that? Kid's shows don't usually have the best pacing, anyway.

The Batman races through plots at a breakneck pace. You can practically hear the executives complaining that kids are getting bored and they need to get to the action.

If you go from BATB to TB, you'll be wondering why the hell they're rushing through everything.

Sounds too German to be Yoda.

Ill torrent it.

God this movie is gonna be such shit

At least The Batman has consistent quality unlike BTAS

I wonder if this movie comes out should we do a storytime on the Christopher Priest run on Black Panther or any BP stories featuring Killmonger?

Panther's Rage from Jungle Comics is a pretty good starting point. Jack Kirby's Panther is fun in a kind of Indiana-Jones-meets-The-Road-Runner-on-crack way.

Say, with Marvel losing the X-Men, has it affected T'Challa's marriage to Storm?

T'Challa and Storm got divorced during the shit fest that was Avengers vs X-Men, so arguably yes.

And apparently he never got married to his original love interest, Monica the jazz singer, so I guess the Swimsuit Special set in Wakanda that shows the wedding is non-canon.

Whatever happened to swimsuit specials?

Can you imagine if they tried bringing the swimsuit specials out in today's political atmosphere?

I dunno I guess the sjw's found them offensive or something?

Also what happened to the other poster here his posts are deleted. Did he do something terrible?

those sexualized Jubilee and shadowcat when they were still underage.
Problematic tbh

Seriously, faggot?

I really don't understand how that's what you thought they were saying.

That's literally the opposite of what I was saying.

All of Batman's villains, even the ones who weren't created to be such, have been written as being some kind of evil counterpart or antithesis.

He is the only one of these "evil Batmen" with an actual character.

Hey Holla Forums

Is that were the mentall illness aspect comes from? A lot of people make comparisons between Batman and his villains by how they handle tragedy or their own insanity. Like with Joker is a path Batman could've gone down if his mind broke from the death of his parents or something.

A lot of that came after the fact, around the time that Batman was established as a slightly grittier hero and less of a campy dork who beat up bank robbers and went to parties in his costume. It kind of memed itself together that many of Batman's most iconic rogues were men who had one really fucked up experience that drove them to a life of costumed shenanigans, and that what all of them needed was some therapy, hence sending them to an Asylum.

Yes and no.
The fact that many of Batman's popular villains were depicted as ordinary men who had bad experiences and turned to villainy and went crazy (even if they weren't really mentally ill by any reasonable metric) influenced Batman's characterization mostly due to convenience. The Batman villains were, and still are, a huge reason for the franchise's popularity. Since Batman was often approached as a blank slate for writers to mold according to the needs of the story, a connection between him and his enemies was necessary. Some rogues early on, like Two-Face being a literal metaphor for Jekyll & Hyde mirroring Batman's double life, kind of explored this idea but it wasn't as prevalent.

This whole "Batman is just as crazy as the people he fights and is just one bad day away from going 100% evil" idea is relatively new. It only really kicked off in popularity after The Killing Joke. Plus, Batman 89 was heavily influenced by The Killing Joke (being the only comic Tim Burton ever read) and Burton's own vision for the character. And Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum also came around this time period, and even though it was actually intended as a rebuttal of this concept (in one of the few times Grant Morrison actually had a point), that didn't stop people from massively misinterpreting it. You could also attribute it partially to TDKR but he's not as mentally unbalanced in that novel as people assume (Frank Miller was still sane at that stage).

The sheer popularity of Batman 89 and The Killing Joke led to several other "dark" reimaginings of pretty much every other villain in the Rogues Gallery, most of which weren't very good but it was the 90s so no one gave a fuck. And of course, this only pushed the idea further and further, until we've reached a point where it seems like every Batman comic published has to beat you over the head with how crazy Bruce is and how he isn't different from his villains.
And consequently, this also led to shittier Batman villains like Hush and Lincoln March and, more recently, "Master Bruce" (who you can just bet is going to be reintroduced in the future) who, in a hamfisted attempt at depth, just copypaste Bruce Wayne's origin and character but with an EEVIL twist.
The more recent Batfamily push seems to be an attempt to remedy this but all it's doing is creating more opportunities for this kind of tiresome cliche to happen while depriving us from getting more of the Rogues since every comic now has to be about family drama with the Robins or the Justice League or Batman's past or whatever.

It's a vicious, loathsome cycle.

*smacks lips*

Every fucking time.

He's a mighty sorcerer!

I demand archive.

I actually like Lincoln March as Owlman, but I will agree that there's way too many "Anti-Batmen".

I don't think there is a single man who has simultaneously done more benefit and harm alike for a medium than Alan Moore has for comic books

Isn't there also a what-if comic where batman dies and the jokers mentality snaps more and he becomes the new batman in honor of bruce, since he can't let batman go?

No..I,Joker is different. It's basically a world where Batman is made into a cult and every year, The Bruce kidnap random people (or people who are against him) and brainwash them into being Batman's Rogues Gallery for him and the citizens of Gotham to hunt them down and kill them.

Storytime? Storytime.

End.

SHEEEEIITTTT!

God I love 90's Elseworld Stories.

Any other "evil Batman" characters out there to add to the list ?

He looks pretty ashey. Maybe he is not evil. Maybe he just needs some lotion.

Some of the more modern incarnations of Two Face. The ones that focus on “muh Harvey” drama.

Okay so hear me out…

Catwoman.

Really? Do you mean early incarnations or later incarnations?

I mean they both wear black bodysuits.

I mean she serves as the complement to his seriousness and sense of responsibility. Whereas he is using his abilities to help people and make the world a better place the best way he knows how, she uses hers to steal things and sometimes seduce people in service of the ultimate goal of stealing things. She's selfish and doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants, whereas Batman could not possibly be less selfish and his greatest weakness is how much he cares about who he hurts.

Black Spider
Night Slayer
The Reaper

He's literally evil Batman.

Seems bit of a stretch. There's similarities but she doesn't seem like an evil version of Batman. I guess maybe a more amoral version?

user…Dredd is cool, but he's not owlman