Vampyr

From the faggots that brought you Life is Strange and Remember Me.

Yes, it was flawed, but it was still very interesting.

Of course, the new Mirror's Edge looks to be a remastering of Remember Me, so the flaws should now be gone.

Remember Me was so shit literally no one remembers it.

And the new Mirror's Edge is also so shit that it's just been a week and no one remembers that aswell.

I remember reading about this, you play as a plague doctor who is also a vampire, and you have to balance helping people with your thirst for blood.

It sounds like a very interesting concept but I'm jut not sold on it because of the dev.

remember me was terrible, you tasteless shit

Empty Hero should stick to twitter.

>>>/cuckchan/

Don't get me wrong he has his valid complaints but most of his jokes just seem like cringy wink winks to super sekrit h8channers

Also I can't tell if he's faking the lisp or not, but it's difficult to listen to.

That's not wrong, the platforming segments were shit but unlike life is strange, RM tried to be original and interesting. Shame LiS memes it into the enforced shitlist.

That fucking "ackshually" voice, some people should just never make videos.

I lost it

stop being such a horrible racist

God that game was a disappointment

then they did nothing with it

It was a fighting game.

And the fighting wasn't flawed, it was terrible.

The memory playing was fun but it was nothing more than a gimmick. The level design was inexistent, the puzzles were puzzles (IE = either really hard or on the level of a braindead monkey: never good. It was second category of course).

The environment and the art was nice.

Overall it was a shitty game.

The OST was pretty good too.
I think Remember Me is a case of developers not ready to do the necessary work, but believing they could. The result was a boring game in general. A beautiful game indeed, hell, in some parts the game looked fantastic, but it was a weak experience.

And think about it, Life is Tumblr was a success, but here they are, trying an action game again. These guys want to make a good action game, and it will look good, but it's like fan-fiction. The people might love something, but it does not mean they can do something as good.

I hope they can deliver this time. There are very few games nowadays were you can play as a vampire.

I'm more interested in the possibility of a Life is Dranks 2.

The art, characters and music were nice.

I enjoyed Remember me but I got it for free on PSN. Not a game I would have payed money for though.
neoParis was awesome, would have loved to see someone else make a game set in it.

It's only fitting that shitty vampires :^) would make a shitty vampire game.

Looks like it's built out of left over Dishonored and The Order: 1886 assets.
Nope.

Double nope.

Anyone remembers "Dark"? This smells awfully like it.

Ever since Masqurade, everyone wanted a good vampire RPG, but apparently the industry can't seem to grasp what made that game so famous.

That really mediocre stealth game?

Yes that, with the vampires that it didn't really need.

Nope, we won't

When Holla Forums?

Wow, and here I thought I'd never be interested in playing a game involving vampires, but that combo with some classic vamp elements would be amazing.

Though maybe even better if it was just expanded to all the classic monsters, darkstalkers style. Slow ass mummy cursing the fuck out of dudes, vampire draining victims and swooping around as swarms of bats to avoid damage, or a werewolf just brutalizing everything.

You know, it's like the games industry takes steps to AVOID these games. Like it would get in the way of their shitty corridor fps, lazy zombie survival or artsy virtue signalling art projects.

I expected a role playing game and all i got is a bullet time combat focused trailer with shit animation.

Dr jekyl and mr Vampyr? By (((that))) progressive company?

Can't wait to crawl the long streamlined PC approved corridor this game is going to be.

Fuck me.

Fuck, I really hate any form of fantasy but that movie really was cool.
Are you retarded?

I just want a game that can live up to the glory of Bloodlines. Why is it this goddamn difficult to make a good vampire game?

Is it because of tumblr? It's tumblr, isn't it?

I have no idea why this is so difficult to make a spiritual successor to VMtB.
Like heck, if you give us some Sims 1-tier tool at the beginning, then you've already outdid the original, and that's not asking too much these days.

White Wolf has it all settled, or you could just rip off Soul Reaver and say it was from the Bible. Just let me give other options than "punch the mutherfucker with your vampire strength, and be a bulletsponge.

This isn't rocket science, just differentiate between stuff that; lets me kill people/let's me go unnoticed people/ lets me fuck around with or manipulate people

Nigga, if you give us more than 6 wearable shirts, and four weapons for each stupidly simplified gun variety (pistol, shotgun, assault rifle) then you have outdid the original again.

This might require a tiny bit of thought, since it isn't a routine work, but it isn't that hard either.
Just let me try to cling to my humanity as a monster of the night, or let me be an evil prick using his newfound powers, or just let me be a vampire guy who tries to survive in the night

and that's just the gist of it. Don't even get me strated on the shitton of gimmicks they could add with little to no effort.

Have the night end after a certain amount of time causing the sun to rise and vaporize your bloodsucking ass, unless you return to your lair. You know, the useless building you went back to only to check your emails. Then it can just timeskip to the next night and you carry on where you left off. Or you can get trapped in the sewers cause you didn't make it in time and have to wait an x amount of time before it timeskips.

Then there's a sense of urgency to play the game.

That's EXACTLY what I've meant with the "shitton of gimmicks they could add with little to no effort"

Night/day cycles would totally sell the game. And it would even fit into the "open-world" trend that the developers are so keen on nowdays.

I'd rather branch away from White Wolf considering they've gone to complete shit since the leftist takeover.

But yeah, vampire clans, classes specific to vampire and their society, maybe add a mechanic of blood mutation where you can get new and unique powers depending on what blood you drink (talking about supernatural creatures here).

Really, nothing wrong with being a bullet sponge, but it should come with the caveat that you will lose blood in the process, and blood should be both your "sanity" and "mana" pool, on top of being the fuel used to aid in your regeneration.

Also, for the sake of immersion, getting shot at will fuck up your clothes, thus making it more likely people will be suspicious of you.

Or use magic, I always wanted a more substantial use of magic that doesn't boil down to damage spells and buffs/debuffs. You should be able to use magic in other, more creative ways.

Say a quest requires you to find a person/item. Now, if you're a fighting vampire you can go around town and break skulls until someone talks, if you're a rogue you can sneak into places to find the necessary information, if you're a socalite you can use your contacts, but as a mage you should be able to create a ritual that will help you find what you're looking for.

Also, fuck, have (very dangerous) rituals that can give you permanent boosts and other benefits. Go wild.

And on the topic of manipulating people, the social aspect should be way, way more robust. From having contacts in various parts of town, within various organizations (police, hospitals, organized crime, etc.) to vampire politics and sucking up to elders, to a cadre of trusted comrades (not necessarily all vampires), and all you can use your cellphone to call and ask for aid, kinda like a more elaborate thing GTA IV had going on.

Clothing should affect how people think of you and shit. Like, going into a bad part of town wearing an expensive suit is just asking for trouble.

On top of clothing comes armor, but you can't go overboard because people will take note of a guy dressed in full kevlar walzting into the place. I think Omar from the Wire is a good example of a more sublte "urban gear" take.

This should also limit what weapons you can carry. Also, again, magic and alchemy should play a big role. Take a cue from the Witcher and have magical bullets, potions, oils, bombs et al.

As for specifically magical tools they should all be extremely rare and very unique in what they do. I always hated just how many magical shit games have, most of which you never use because it's crap.

Anyone remember this show?

Why is every company blowing their load before E3 has even begun?

No of course not, my point was to "give me other options". Don't force it to be a purely stealth game, or a purely action game, let the player customize!
Having to change your wardrobe after a fight could be pretty neat addition. You can't walk on the street with half-torn clothes and bathing in blood, and not cause suspicion.

Well that's what I meant. As much as you can call the vampire's ability to enchant mortals magic.
Let me show them illusions of nightmares, making them scream, and acting violently. Make them think that they are speaking with their friend instead of you to get information, or just plain change your form if you can.

I was just trying to express that almost anything can be an improvement. But yes, if real effort is put in it, clothes can mean a lot, not just cosmetics. Especially in a game that is essentially about blending in as a human.

Then you'd have to drop the rigid clan mechanic Bloodlines had going on.

I wouldn't mind. Some of the flavor would be lost, but you'd be able to institute something similar to the Fallout SPECIAL system, with Traits, Perks, any and all skills you chose, shit like Blood Mutations (similar to Traits).

I'd also like if character creation featured a "before you became a vampire" section, where you get to choose your past profession and life story a bit.

Maybe even let you shape your ethics compass. Though I'm no big fan of a morality meter, I much prefer factions to embody both "good" and "bad" ideals, and "morality" actually being your standing with the various factions and characters. Much less arbitrary and forced, unlike when the game is counting how good or evil you're being.

No, I mean straight up blood magic, the kind of shit the Tremere use. Instead of whatever human wizards use, your fuel is viate.

Oh, social "stealth" should be a huge part as well. The game should put emphasis on the fact you might look like a human, but you certainly are not one anymore.

Well I don't know. When I read the description for the nosferatu, and played the nosferatu, I got what I expected. I didn't became the face of the parties.

Still, a more flexible system wouldn't go unappreciated. Traits and specials give a lot of ground to that.

That too. I think the game should differentiate between

As for the moral aspect; that's a huge can of worms for every RPG ever. I think it all depends if they keep the "vampires must tend to their human side if they don't want to devolve" theme. Which I think was fun.

i hope never

Honestly, nobody reallly cares about e3. It was always a businessman show but became more spectacle in the recent decade. You can get announcements of new games easily afterward but you'd miss out on the live reaction to conference disaster and memes which e3 is the only thing its good at.

But what does "human side" even mean? How does a vampire think and behave differently than a human? Because he drinks their blood?

Humans are predators too.

It's why I liked how New Vegas handled it. The karma shit is basically ignored, what really matters in the game is what the various factions and characters think of you, not what positive (or negative) value you have on some arbitrary morality "meter".

An example how this can be handled is a medieval setting. So, you have, in terms of global factions, the church, nobility, the king, the proles and the merchants/craftsmen.

The Church, for example, values piety, mercy, altruism, they believe in egalitarianism and protecting the weak. They are also hostile to new ideas, will viciously persecute what they consider degeneracy and think of themselves as the moral compass of the kingdom.

The Nobility values status and power, courage, noblesse oblige, they have a hard on for tradition and bloodlines. On the other hand they are patrons of the arts and sciences. They also hate anyone that thinks of raising above his station.

You basically have different factions take various stances on different issues and play against each other, with the player either picking and choosing the choice it most aligns with his own moral beliefs (and thus gathering a mixture of reputation with various factions) or going full sociopath and playing the factions to gain the most benefit for himself, or any mixture of the two.

As i said, morality is always a pickle in RPGs. Vampire lore on it's own is complex thing, because it comes from multiple different sources.

I think it should be like this; vampires have the beast in them, the bloodthirsty monster wanting to break out and feed.
So what the vampire has to do, is to keep in touch with his human side to supress the beast.

Therefore the "human side", is and are all the redeeming, civilized, qualities. Most importantly, the qualities the vampire itself agreed to be good/noble when he was alive.

What the character considers human side could be implemented in the backstory choosing part.

Hey come on now, at least Remember Me was an actual fucking game.

That sounds way more like a werewolf to me than a vampire.

Though it does seem like a system that has some merit to it.

This.
Honestly I only watch E3 to shitpost and generate memes in real time.

Anne Rice Simulator 2017

I don't remember any game called that