Legacy Of Kain Thread

I'm bored tonight
Who ready for story time?
I'm tired as shit, so let's see if my autism can handle this

Oh, boy, this should be good.
I still need to actually play the LoK games, but I ain't worried about spoilers, so whatever.

Which version of Soul Reaver should i play? Dreamcast or PC?

This gon' be good. I'm ready for this.

Dreamcast or PS1. If you play PC, you'll have to mod it quite a bit.

Some conjecture is used to fill in unexplained plot holes
"Purify the circle" by removing the now irredeemably corrupted members

1. Human Raziel is born and dies
2. Vampire Raziel rules as Kain's first lieutenant
3. Raziel breaks the occupied Soul Reaver, causing the spirit within the sword to attach itself to him
3. Wraith Raziel and Soul Reaver go hunting for Kane
4. Wraith Raziel and Soul Reaver get sucked into an unoccupied Soul Reaver
5. Raziel's soul gets molded by the sword
JMP 3

Either the original true Soul Reaver buggers off at the end of Defiance or there's literally a non-numerical infinity of Raziel's souls in that sword.

>Kain tracks him down and slices his head off, where he reveals he knew him well well not really
>Confronting the three guardians, they immediately summon Malek and flee, while can chooses Vorador and then chases Malek's trainers

>Kain sacrifices himself and saves Nosgoth as life is restored to the land :^)

Legacy of Kain is a good example of what happens when deadlines cripple the production of an ambitious game. A lot of potential from the teams efforts chopped up and hastily crammed together to make a lackluster product.

But in my opinion, when it happened for Soul Reaver 1, it was probably a blessing in disguise that shaped the story to be more entertaining than 'kill Kain, kill vampires, whoops, what did I do; Elder God evil. Cue SR 2"

I recently played Soul Reaver 2, and it painfully shows how much the deadline killed the game. it's literally a linear corridor that you have to backtrack through the timelines three or four times. They start to spawn monster arenas near the end of the game that trap you to fight enemies, just to artificially lengthen the game.

Anyone have the first and second part?

Holy shit these games stories are some KH tier mess.

They are in YT.

Anything past SR1 is a turd.

1. Increasingly reliant on Back to the Future bullshit, which pulverizes tension and drama

2. SR2 trashing everything that made the combat in SR1 special, with every vampire kill being a small puzzle

3. Planeshifting progressively getting ignored until by Defiance it's just a shitty fullscreen filter

4. No one but the xboxtards could ever take BO2 seriously, jesus christ that stealth was shit

I'm always shocked at how complex and good the story in all the Kane games are.
I also love the dialogue and voice acting.

Whoops.
You know what I meant.

I miss this kind of writing.

Not the "fuck you, vampire" from the failure sequel.

Nigga just play them. Dreamcast and the PS2 versies are the best one due to the dynamic soundtracks. PC doesnt have that and that really changes the whole feel these games have.

Now for something completely different

What a QT.

god DAMN i love that scene

Now back to our regularly scheduled timeline
That was easier than I thought it'd be

Ok, one question. Playing order. Is there a specific order to play these games?

Probably best to do it in release order, so
Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, Defiance
Then finish with Dark Prophecy

Yes, release order. The plot is pretty important to the games.

The vampires were just called "Ancients".

I'm pretty sure that at the end of Defiance the Purified Reaver that was on Raziel's arm goes into Kain when it heals Nupraptor's taint and allows Kain to see the Elder God. Raziel himself was drawn into the now unoccupied sword to begin the long journey back to that moment from the other side.

Except that's a pseudonym, unless they were really arrogant. I assume they didn't go down the streets saying "Hello my fellow ancient"

You've sold me already.

Are you positive on that?