Dark Souls 1

Anyone playing?

Rolling.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/4n9cng/global_restart_day_is_tomorrow_june_10th_reminder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hunter
Magic*
Miracles and Pyro

Chaos Servant
Forest Hunter
Princess Guard

Black Firebomb

Shit. This is new.

rollan

Knight
Magic weapon type
Any/All magic

Darkmoon
Forest Hunter
None

Twin Humanities

Can make a paladin.

Haven't got the game on this laptop but rolling anyway.

Rolling

wew

Rollan

Today is global restart day on reddit

Should make for some easy PvP

reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/4n9cng/global_restart_day_is_tomorrow_june_10th_reminder/

I'm trying to get my bloodborne cosplay to NG+7, maybe stream NG+7 once I get there.
will play if I roll something fun.

roll me up, babyyyy

reroll. fuck bows

rolling

Rollan'

Rollan baby

Rollin

I guess thats a "Pick a Covenant" thing, like. One of the three choices.

I guess thats a fun thing for the Reddit Reset Day.

Everything is color coded user.

Warrior
Spears
Sorcery and miracles

Princess guard or Darkmoon

And my starter is Twin Humanities
Sounds alot like my first character.

Let's do this.

thank you based anons

Knight
Magic
Sorc+Miracles (thank the gods)

Darkmen
Forest Hunter
Princess Guard

Twins

I only ever played one run, but this looks like it will be good motivation for another.

An exclusive Pyromantic / Miracler / Sorcerer (pick two, probably the first two) Wanderer that fights for either the Darkmoon or the Cat.

Thats going to be fun like going to the dentist :V

Rolling.

Neat.

Actually you're a thief restricted to sorcery and miracles.

Rollin nigga

rollan

rollan

I didn't know this was some reddit inspired thing. Friend said a bunch of people would be playing today, didn't go into specifics.

Playing for the first time here.
After lurking the wiki and a few boards, I've seen people saying that shields are for noobs and, as a knight, one should only use dodge and parry to avoid damage, especially on PVE. Others told me it's ok to use shields.

What do I do, Holla Forums?

Going to start playing now though anyway. Fuck it. maybe have some lively summons tonight.

I think you should start slow and easy with your shield and sword or magic stick or whatever the fuck you find.

As you get the hang of the mechanics, start dodging some dudes because you will be doing it a lot in late game.

Stupid bullshit
class is irrelevant, all it effects is starting stats and gear
One should play however the fuck they want to play and ignore shitters that tell you how you're suppose to have fun.

rolling

Thought about starting a mage, but rolling is easier than thinking.

Aigth lets roll

A dual magic whip knight? Well then.

Sounds awesome. Do it up.

This:

One of the main reasons DaS1 thrives is build diversity.

Rollin

Use a shield to gauge enemy movesets.

Just don't go relying on it as a crutch.

rollan

rollan

As a noob myself they're not completely wrong. I relied on poise and my shield for too long, and now I'm getting my shit kicked in by Knight Artorias because that doesn't fly with him.

Class: Warrior
Weapon: Hammers
Magic: None

Covenants
Darkmoon
Forest Hunter
Way of White

Twin Humanities

Boring. How boring. I want to reroll

Not a bad roll. No magic does bother me a little bit, because I didn't use much if any magic on my previous playthrough and I was kinda hoping to mix things up a bit more.

Rolling again for a second choice.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna use a random number generator.

While we're here, is there a save editor that isn't shit? There are some builds that I'd like to try but I'd rather not have to play the entire game to get the weapons I want (the tracer daggers in particular)

nice oc!!

Rollan

Reminder that Laurentius and Solaire were the truest of friends you could ever ask for
Why did you let them die?

Been about a year since I last played, rollan.

I got Hunter/Whips/Sorcery/Chaos Servant/Twin manatees last time I rolled, but haven't got around to playing it yet.

look at this nub. look at him and LAUGH

also, rolling but i'll probably just go back to 3

rerollan actually

It is a great time to start playing again. Servers are populated if you bought the game. I got a few invasions against newbies by the church already. Should have prepared a twink beforehand.

Also roll.

roll

Rollin

I've never done a magic toon. Any way to make magic interesting?

As much as I love crossbows ive already done a run with only it, so re-rollan

Why does every weapon feel sucky compared to halberds?

Because halberds are glorious, my fellow of dark skin. Long range, versatile, powerful. You can never go wrong with a Halberd and a faster sidearm.

I've tried swords, didn't like their reach. Tried spears, didn't find them nearly as satisfying. Tried hammers, they felt too slow and clunky. Dagger was pretty fun though. Just keep swinging.

No gravelord covenant.

Fucking trash.

won't anyone give me an answer

>Toon

Lets go.

roll

Let's try

rolling

roll

has been a long time since i rolled a magic build

Roll

i wanna roll too

Rollan'

Re-rollan'

Rollin rollin rollin ro

roll

Already making a zweihander run but what the hell.

Aw fuck been getting shit on. I'm like, level 17-20~ and I've been invaded three times by people who I couldn't scratch and who could one shot me.

I get that its how they get their fun, but jesus guys.

I recently played a Moonlight Knight build.
Butterfly Shield
Moonlight Sword
Steel armor
Black Knight Gauntlets + Legs
Logan's Hat
Only support sorceries like Repair / Cast light / Remedy

Recently found out you can do pull off zany shit like vid related.

rollan

pls give me something good

Taking a stab bacause why the duck not

Halberd and holy fire. Sounds fun.

fuck

It's been some months since I've played this game; maybe it's time I got back into it.

ROLL FOR SIEGMEYER

Roll

Ayy, free master key.
Funnily enough, caestus is one of the few things I haven't done a run of.
This sounds interesting.
Dear lord, this sounds amazing.

Formerly a thief, I brought disgrace onto my family name, and now it is my time to redeem myself. I shall cast away these wretched implements, and train my mind and my body. Through the use of my power for protecting the weak and the innocent, I may yet prove myself worthy of upholding the name of my ancestors, and someday, finally find peace.

Now, to reinstall the game itself.

So, I'm playing after a run with DaS3, but is it normal one-handed weapons do so little damage ? The Uchigatana did 22 damage per strike to the capra demon, I do not recall him being so tanky.

Post stats screen and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

rolling

roll

Sure. Now my aim is to use an elemental upgrade for my greatswords and invest in stamina primarily. I'm doing perfectly fine against mobs so far but I'm not too used to two-handed yet so I went back to comfort zone for that boss. I beat him, but still, 104 attack becoming 22 damage seems a bit odd to me.

What is your uchi upgraded to? No wonder it's doing so poorly, you've got no scaling bonus. Wielding weapons in two hands also grants extra damage through hidden multipliers, regardless of the weapon type. Try that next time.

I know I've got no scaling bonus, fam, I already played this game, it's just been a long time and I didn't remember mob armor being this effective and shutting down base weapon damage this early. But that's fine, it's just a sidearm.

I rolled halberds, sorceries/miracles and deprived but all I've been doing is invading in Parish with 99, edited in cracked red eye orbs
So many knight shields
So many people with 0 poise
So many drake swords
SO MANY ALL 3 IT'S FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE

I seriously doubt for the future of these poor souls but I don't feel bad for invading, it's so hilarious to see someone who started as a warrior lumber around in hardleather, hollow s. shield, drake sword and fatroll around me and give me 2-3 free hits when they stand up and get staggered everytime I hit them. And yes, I do let them heal.

fuck off andy

r8 my qt Holla Forums

Also Hollow warrior armor + black leather pants best combination you get ass + midriff what it's not to love?

Why do you need an unfair advantage to win? I just shit on them with any +5 weapon and no armour.

It's so fun to get proper veterans who are just starting out a new character too because you get to honestly duel them

I mean, I shit on people like you but I have more fun

Rolling.
I want to better articulate my thoughts on DS3's level design compared to DS1. I remember being able to get a +3 Estus as soon as I made it to firelink by going through New Londo and taking the back way through the woods by going past the door Havel's guarding.

Okay. Never used spears before in any of my builds.
wew

Rollin'

Knight, Swords, Miracles. Warrior of Sunlight

Wow, rolled a perfect paladin build. Fuckin awesome.

Rolling
I made a club-based sun fatty. Pretty fun.

Also, I just was in darkroot garden 2, the hellish invasion area, and got invaded by a chump who was unable to kill me and I kept leaving him at the magic pixel health. Then another dude came in and started spitting fireballs, so to even things up I went to summon a random dude
crashed the game
Getting PvP to actually work and be fun is about as easy as posting on this shitty fucking website. Is the server bypass page hosted via a hamster wheel or some shit? Fuck

Also, if all you're going to do in PvP is run away like a pussy, I ain't fucking chasing you, you ain't worth the effort.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
At least I get the bloody master key I guess

just chase them you fat fuck, look at that armor, i bet you fatroll and can't stand up to anyone with a proper shield

I would anywhere else, but Darkroot is just such an annoying empty place, you could literally be running around for days. If a fucker's willing to stand up and fight, I'll fight, but run into the mist and you go alone.
And END upping both stamina AND equip load makes heavy armour builds way too easy

:)

I have literally played that build before; reroll.

Oh for fuck's sake.

you mean reroll if 09x?

rollan

I typed that stupidly, but if you look at the colors in the OP pic it should actually say "x90".

Also I give up on life, pic related.

actually, x90 means deprived with magic of whatever type you roll as weapon, while 09x means magic with no magic as weapon.

No, pay attention to what I said. The monkey who made the OP pic wrote it backwards. He wrote 09x when it should say x90.

Started a new game last night and beat it again this morning

rollin now

i still see nothing wrong.
in 09x, it shows the 0 is red, and a red 0 means no magic types. the 9 however is green, and a green 9 means magic as main weapon.

Right, but the order of the numbers is blue green red. In that instance only they are rendered as red green blue. So x90 means magic with no magic, but the OP pic has it backwards.

Rollan

on the example on the top from left to right it's red green blue, on the bottom where it says 09x it's also red green blue from left to right.

I was following the order of the lists below that. I stand corrected and retarded.

rolling because why the hell not

Rerolling because early game Xbow only is suffering

This is fine

r o l l i n g

rolling

rerolling because axes are boring

rolling

rolling

Well that seems like just about the worst combo I could have gotten.

Traveling monk

I mean I can work it for RP, but for playing the actual game it seems like it'll be a bit tricky. When it says fists I assume it means the whole class and not literally just fists, but my starting class stats aren't exactly ideal period, and I won't be able to get even caestus until clearing the first area. It'll take some time to get the gear and stats needed to use said gear.

Ah, I was thinking bandit was the thief class. I guess I have some okay starting stats, but the caestus is strength scaling, and bandit is high dex. Can I join a covenant for the purpose of getting a weapon? I'd probably go for the claws from Shiva if so. I can join the Sunbros for a decent miracle pretty early either way, so that's nice.

Going through blight town on both my currently active characters with no intention of skipping it or starting a new character.
Guess I should count myself lucky I won't get invaded?

if you're going for a high poise build, drop the shield and go for a greatsword/ u. greatsword.
if not, a good shield to use is the grass crest shield (gives you quicker stamina regen)

Somebody tole me that playing this game on PC is a very bad idea, is that still true or did they fix it all?

pretty much what i was expecting

Definitely playable with DSFix and DSCM. It's still pretty bad as-is.

Haha jokes, on me!
Didn't know you could get invaded at bonfires though.

You can't. The guy was already invading you before you sat down. Slow connection/loading.

roll

Sucks. I used the opportunity to check on stuff and then go poop. Except I wandered back into the room to hear the controller vibrating, which just confused the shit out of me, then alt-tabbed back into the game to see the ass trying to kick me off the world.

Then he latency backstabbed me and killed me in an additional hit. Such is life.

oh shit i got a giant dad at level 6 sitting in undead parish
time for some salt

so what system are you all playing on? PC?

cool guess its yo ho time for me

roll

roll

I'm on PC and there's heaps of people

the ultimate troll build.

'Tis a shame my shitbox wont run it ;_;

That's some grade A Dickwraithin'

Kaath speed!

are there are a lot of new people playing.
I didn't want to bother because I just replayed this game about a month ago, but if there's lots of newbs it could be time for a harvest.

life is suffering

life is suffering&
DUBS GETS TO DECIDE WHAT I DO WITH HER

delete character

CHARACTER DELETED

How do you play online with others now? I've tried the connection mod on the Steam forums(the one you have to be out of beta to use), and still saw no signs.

About to play the game for the first time. Let's see what happens…

Roll

Rolling, give me your worst

Rolling, hoping for something good

rollen

well damn

Rollan

roll

Roll

Let's do this

Rerolling. Double caestus is pretty nifty, but farming sunlight medals is cancer.

That is quite possibly the shittiest roll I think I could've gotten. Looks like I'm on my own, then.

Rolln

Nice roll.
ha

no wonder demons are dying out, their pyromancy sucks.

rolling

whoops wrong quote also I just did that playthrough, rolling again.

FUCK I ALSO PLAYED THAT

Roll

fug

reroll

Use the latest version of Wulf2k's DSCM. He updates it fairly regularly and it's pretty simple to use.

roll

Is there something I'm missing, though? I'm in Oolacile Township right now, no beta, DCSM installed, and I've yet to be invaded or summoned.

Even though I'm playing some other vidya, I'll roll for the future.

Pyromancer fister it is. Are fist weapons allowed?

If it's the latest version (2016.05.31.21) it should list all the players you're connected.

Rolladka

reroll

It's a weapon type, so I would say yes.

what would be the best helm to use for a dancer of the boreal valley cosplay?

roll roll roll

Rolling

Rerollin

rerrolan rerrol

Yeah, I just now got it to work. No idea why, but after 15 minutes of idling I finally found some nodes.

Hey guys, so I finally bought the game, and was wondering… Can you use a save from a version of the gamebought by your good friend Ulysses Torrence?

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Don't know, but wanted to know if someone had any problem doing this. Like getting banned.

worked for me user

thrall'in

Any of you niggers actually playing right now?

How did you do it?

re-thrallin' I guess

Warrior
Spears
Pryomancy
Darkmoon
None
None
Twin Humanities

Why are Binoculars a starting gift? Is it just to fuck with plebs??

If you're asking that question you might as well ask why are there starting gifts at all.

It's exclusively for the Thief.
You know why, right?

you do realize you can find them at the start near firelink. Plen alert

I think you misunderstand user, so I'm going to spell it out for you quite clearly.
The Thief starts with the Master Key.

I can understand a few uses for pretty much all but the binoculars. Master Key is usefull all round. Twin humanities gives you an edge over most play throughs if ur gud. Black firebomb is kinda useless but can be helpfull if your new to the game. And then Binoculars… You can get them straight after the asylum. And there is no use for them in the asylum anyway.

Yup and then you start with master key, gift of your choice not including binoculars because you CAN LITERALLY GET THEM AT THE START OF THE GAME.

Did caps make it easier for you?

Two starting gifts is strong as fuck though.

Rolling because I'm getting tired of DS3.

Get fucked user.

No fuck off, I've done that shit way too much. Reroll.

the hypocrisy>>9687377

Hey look I don't don't do it either, but once you get to firelink you can basically start the game with 4 gifts

Do you have a hard time reading or something? The master key is the best starting gift and the thief gets it for free, so its makes sense that they get with the useless binoculars.
I honestly can't imagine what kind of baby would roll the thief and then bitch about not getting to take a gift.

What the fuck are you on about you schizo. Are you seriously trying to preach that if you choose Thief as a class you MUST choose binoculars as the starting gift? Because if I don't I'm somehow cheating and have an advantage… Fucking Kek

Wew fam-a-lam what a meme.

i dont think you can get banned

i know of the story of how the dark phantoms came to be was because some assholes got a hold of the game and where playing it so the devs sent max level npc's to invade their worlds the moment they went online.

but even with me messing around with save editors all i lost was my saves so…..

Yeah, but how can I do it, like where are the files, so I can move them to the steam folder.

The save files are in the documents folder. Where they belong. Why would a pirated copy of a game change where your save files go from the official release? Do you need help breathing?

Dude I am asking because I have both versions installed and the new one doesn't recognize the old.

Congratulations.

The pirated copy was probably from when this shit was under GFWL. It's still in your documents folder. That also means that your pirated copy might not have been updated for awhile and you might have to jump through a shit ton of hoops to make it compatible.

My documents>NBGI>Dark Souls>SomethingsomethingGFWL

Thanks man, I found the old save file. One last question, where do I drop it?

sigh. rolling

knight with fists and sorcery. this is hard mode

Fists seem to suck in DaS1 but magic is OP so it's a give and take.

Rawlin

raal

I have been playing this game wrong until today.

Anyone got any pointers to someone who literally got the game immediately after rolling?

rollin

generally the game is better the less you ask of other people. that being said, specific to the build most spears are dex based while miracles scale based on faith (and which talisman you use). consider going for a fire or lightning weapon if you really want to get the most out of your miracles, or just work out what you think is best

The game expects you to learn but does not teach directly.
Talk to every NPC more than once and listen to what they say. Some are giving hints on where to go, others are telling you how to improve your weapons or deal with certain enemies.
Find a weapon you enjoy using.
When you get to Firelink Shrine and you encounter unarmoured skeletons with scimitars and shields, you've gone the wrong way. Go back and head up the cliff towards the undead with armour and helmets.
If you ever get stuck on a boss, don't look up the tricks to beat them. Learn the pattern and try approaching them with different tactics, and if they doesn't work ask for advice.
Explore, take risks, don't worry about restoring your humanity or losing your souls on your first run.
Don't let other people tell you what the game is and what you should experience. Don't let them tell you who is a bro and who you should hate, that's for you to decide.

Also, kill the dogs first.

Fucking bastard dogs just killed me too. I got stuck in between 1 and him as soon as I entered and he power slammed my ass and then they just ate the whole ass.

Playing for the first time currently, took me fucking forever but I finally managed to kill the Executioner and Dragon Slayer with a kind random's help.Loving it so far though.

What was the randoms name, user?

Unfortunately I don't remember anything other than it ending in 69

Had a great fucking time. Already on NG+ and just keeping it fun. It's been so long since I had a chance to play the game.

Documents->NBGI

you're a casual

no user, you are the cancer

At least I'm not a fucking casual.

rawl,

also check'em

Always get the build that never works well together, lets see if the streak continues.

You can do whatever you want user, but don't try and deny he is right. Half the fucking reason of playing souls games is to feel the satisfaction of beating the game on your own merit instead of getting your hand held like in ever other fucking game

ok

this thread reminded me that i wanted to make a hacked character to mine for salt any time this game gets a Steam sale

>not just mining for salt using THE LEGEND

No one cares but you.

How shit is the online nowadays? Is cheating still a huge problem? Is it possible to play with only specific people? Is it worth 5$?

I have a pirate copy so if the online is shit I'll just stick with that.

Ok, no, kinda, yes.

DaS 1 PvP is the worst, most broken PvP in the entire series. After re-learning how to roll BS and pivot BS, I've gone undefeated against even people doing the same cheesy shit I'm doing.

At least PvE is somewhat rejuvenated with the recent sale, albeit only among people who read the forums and installed DSCM.

I don't see the appeal. I think PvP is completely busted in every single FromSoft release. iframes are just bullshit. I love when you have an element on your weapon and you hit someone mid-roll and they get struck by the element but still take 0 damage because of iframe. It just flat out shows how fucking broken the system is.

Rolling

Bandit Halberds Miracles

That's basically what my first character was.

rolan

rerol

rolling

Rollan

Aw yeh, gonna move down to Catacombs at SL10 and grab that great scythe and then imma dickwraith.

I never finished this game, maybe I'll play it again.

Fuckit lets roll for when I get home

What's the best starting class for trying to be Black Iron Tarkus?

Does anyone plays Demon's Souls anymore?

I bought it cheap last week, and shit, bloodstains and messages everywhere! I really can't tell if they're from de developers or if people actually still play DeS.

Couldn't get anyone to invade/get invaded by in the last month. What's wrong with me

Wasn't there some 'reset day' thing recently? I dunno. Alternatively, try using that program people are suggesting to connect with more people.

I'd guess bandit, he gets the most starting strength.

reroll

we need to switch one forest huner into gravelord

roll

I saw lots of people during the weekend and even today I have been getting summoned a lot in the depths, just keep going user

Rerolling again, files got fucked.

I hail from the land of professional shitposters, which makes timing a bitch.

Saw lots of signs tonight in blighttown by both bonfires and the boss. I was only able to summon 1 person near the 2nd fire. Everyone else kept failing. Had no problem getting summoned though. Haven't been invaded yet.

I did get summoned by someone in the Depths who was already being invaded before I went to blight though. So, I guess that counts.

cats

Rollin'.

rolling

rollin

ROLL ROLL ROLL

Christopher Rollan

Roll

rolling with zero intention of playing based on the outcome

boku

Rollan

Is this some sort of joke

Rolling again just because

Any of you guys had luck using fist weapons before? I'm up to O&S on my duel caestus/faith character, but as much as the moveset is satisfying the damage is absolutely dogshit, even with lightning imbue.

Why the fuck not?

this game has stanked hard.

dark souls 2 surpassed it in every conceivable way.

Yeah, the hitboxes are way better in Dark Souls 2! Bigger too!

guys, is there any way to make all enemies in dark souls 1 parryable? i kind of want to do a barefist parry & riposte only run

int that kind of obsolete with the steam patch?

nah dude it's fucked without it

i thought it didnt work with the steam version is all

Roll

Roooooooooll

REROLL

my god

j;lkj

NIGGER

NIGGER

nigger

rolling for tomorrow

I think I got the most vanilla shit ever.
rerolling for more fun

Also be careful, halfchan is here too. Some faggot called 'sleep snug smug' invaded me in the parish

roland

funny, the build I already have going from a week or two ago already fits this description.

Good luck! I'm behind 5000 Australian internets!

roll