Are there any games where you have the feeling of "power level"? Like e.g...

Are there any games where you have the feeling of "power level"? Like e.g. a multiplayer game where someone who is insanely powerful can just screw around with rookies before annihilating them with a single hit.

Or games that obviously show you just how insanely overpowered other characters are.

Hard mode: No RPGs

RTS and fighting games come to mind.

In most fighting games you can still lose to some random button mashing. The only game I know that has an insane difference between monster skilled players and rookies is SSBM. Not an expert on fighting games though.

Literally any pay to win multiplayer game.

Neither of these are good because they're both discipline-based, not power-based. You trash people by being better with the tools you're given, not by being more overpowered.

Not exactly what you're asking for but a lot of card games can have a real feeling of power when you pull off some really fucking stupid interaction that instantly wins the game.

What about Planetside 2?

The Prototype games are pretty much built around the idea of being an OP motherfucker.
DemonSteele mod for Doom lets you wipe out entire rooms in a split second if you're good enough.
Asura's Wrath >implying game is pretty cuhrayzee when it comes to the power levels of the characters in it too.

Gundam Battle Universe

You play through the events of the UC from the One Year War all the way to Char's Counter Attack. The difference between each generation of mobile suit, even those within the same series (Zaku II vs. Gelgoog), is instantly noticeable.

This is made even better by how your pilots will naturally gain skill too and you can skip wars, so there's a difference between a character generated for ZZ and one that's been fighting since the one year war regardless of MS.

The DBZ games?

I'll check these out, thanks.

The problem with DBZ or e.g. One Piece games is that you have to balance it out. Otherwise Goku would just be insta-win all the time.

Batman is stronk as fuck in the Arkham games.

Goku in Infinite World is pretty much an insta-win.

diep.io

No, because any games like that will carefully separate high power players from low power players, so the low power players don't get butthurt and leave. The only way to deal with this is the "free for anyone to enter" arenas some games set aside, where a curious newbie might wander in despite being told they need to be max level first by the game.

OR they are survival games where nothing matters outside of a ten minute grind, and then after that it's nothing but how much manpower you have VS theirs since you've already maxed out everything on both ends.

Any Byond game based on an anime.

Skyrim

go play dota or whatever

Rhythm games.

Unlike fighters where even the best player can have a 50 in chance of losing to a random retard just mashing buttons, in rhythm games its just impossible.

No fucking way is a good player ever losing to a bad player, thats just how it is.

Morrowind

Age of Wushu. When someone both rich enough to pay other people for items and gold and skilled enough to git gud shows up they can just destroy 10 players at once.
There's also a series of special skills that can only be learned by killing thousands of players on your own without dying even once because you have to hold on to a special item. These skills basically are super saiyan.

You pretty much only play against yourself in rhythm games though. Like darts.

You can literally play multiplayer against other people. Also leaderboards, rivals etc.

You can't influence the other person's game experience though, both of you are just playing single player and then comparing score at the end.

MMOs

if youre playing at an arcade you can put glue on their buttons before the game starts and get the "upper hand" or have your mom call their cell phone to distract them

seconded
still waiting on that new server though

chivalry medieval warfare comes to mind. Its not so much having better stats than the newbies but just a much better grasp on the game than them.
I've gotten to the point where my footwork and knowledge of weapon range is good enough to where I just beat knights to death with my fists, they flail their giant sword around trying to hit me but I just duck and weave around it while unleashing hell.
Theres low level only servers though so you won't come across newbies too often if you've played a lot.

I remember in some SM build, you can play against another player and the better your play and combo, the more negative modifiers that made it more difficult to play were applied to your opponent.

Any max payne if you're not shit. Some other anons said DDR and Demonsteele, and I agree. DDR can be played on standard after a week of practice, even for a fat fuck such as myself, I can kick even the most fit of my friends' asses at it.

OP stop being fucking retarded.

This shit's arcade only? No PC equivalent?

Most MMOs are like that. Or at least were. Nowadays they are probably all about equality and you can't even kill people without their consent. So nothing.

WHY?
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RESTART AGAIN? TO LET THE WHALES SKIP PAST YOU AGAIN?

TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING YOU'VE EARNED TO WATCH THE SAME BOTS AND THE SAME WHALES SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PUT THEMSELVES ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN EVER HOPE TO BE.

At least with enough time on the older servers you can acquire those items, it takes an insane amount of time and effort but you can push yourself to something resembling their level, that is never going to be possible when you set yourself back again and again, splitting the community again and again making people like me abandon you because we can't deal with waching all our progress, all our wins against the whales be discarded!

What guild were you in mate?

because it was still the most fun i've ever had in a game. Besides, if you're smart and you're willing to grind, you should still be able to beat most of the whales who have spent less than $500 or so.
Nohomo/Ricefields (later on, we merged)

Yeah, theres a simulator for pc though.

K-Shoot mania.

I know that, I don't deny being able to beat the whales, but what I'm saying is new servers are fucking awful and far worse than just playing on BD. The only reason i don't go back to BD is because the rest of the people i knew won't go back.

Instead everyone server hopped, then they server hopped again, now they plan to server hop again?

I was Kackem, i think i was in RiceFields, i don't remember that server particularly well.

honestly, I'd rather start fresh and level up all over again than have to compete against people who have full snow sword, wild shot fist, etc.
Everyone starts on the same level. Not everyone progresses at the same speed, but the earlier it is, the more even things will be.

There were theoretical upper limits to power in Age of Wushu, even if they were almost unnatainable. Some of the walls were hard enough to breach for cash shop people and offered little enough reward that if you could breach even just one wall (like getting good gear or ancient sets) shit like that wouldn't be a real problem.

It will never be even for more than a day. I would still probably go back on a new server because i agree, Age of Wushu is the best MMORPG ever made by so far that there is nothing that can even be put on the same list. Its still a buggy broken mess thats pay to win as fuck, botted to hell and has countless broken features in it.

This shit's about as accessible as Hitler was multi-cultural. What the fuck do you do when the two brown lines appear?

Counter strike

What?
Provide a bit more uh, screenshots.

Pretty much any multiplayer game that isn't garbage.

I'm bad at fighting games and this is some top scrub logic.
No, it is impossible to lose to random button mashing in proper fighting game if you know what you're doing.

Key phrase: If you know what you're doing
Very often you meet faggots who think they're hot shit because they know one or two combos and basic okizeme, but don't know anything about footsies or counter-pokes and they get wrecked by the stupidest shit

Any strategy game from Nippon Ichi. (Have they ever made a Dragonball game? They'd be perfect for it.)

ASSFAGGOTS

there's always some cancerous overpowered shit

Any arena shooter, Quake especially. You're lucky to even get a single kill against a veteran player.

Someone knows. Atleast in cs 1.6 and css if you are top tier in skill, all below you are flea pleb tier.

ssb melee, nice. Tough to find plebeians to fight you in current year though.

Also any rpg mmo game (pvp) that has korean levels of autistic exp tables. But most are all dead by now so never mind.

Anyone remember the hackers in f2p fps's? Combat Arms, Second Attack, CrossFire? Hack body sizes to be the entire map and instant headshot..

That's not a problem with DB Xenoverse, since you play as Original the Character.

FUCKING SCAMCO NEVER GIVES US THE GOOD GAMES

Leffen said at this one tournament he lost one stock in pools. Armada made a tweet a while back about losing an average of 1-2 stocks per pool.

Melee gets fucking insane sometimes, although you're retarded if you think it's any different for fightans you've been watching too much Mike Ross.

I gotta say when goku went kaoken times 10 that was pretty good.

Then he got ki onset deficiency and actually tried to be a grandpa for a family he's often left behind. Actually humanized Goku which has been lacking in Super. Not sure if this new Future Trunks arc will be good after the improvements of the previous tournament.

It doesn't matter anyways. It's an action game has no text beyond the menus.

Yes

Dark Souls
The first one

people are still playing on golden panda?

for what fucking purpose?

good times

I don't know if they are, i was talking about how hopping TO Golden Panda was a bad idea. BD should never have been abandoned. Silver Viper and Golden Panda were a mistake.

That said i assume the Golden Panda guild is probably long dead.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 with heroes. Man, nothing better than raiding with a Jedi. Makes you feel really damn powerful.

Not really, at least I don't feel that way with Pirate Warrior 3. In that regard, musou games gives you that feeling too.

One time I got matched up with a nip player in a 2 on 4 S rank match on splatoon.
I don't think I saw the enemy team once

Earth's Special Forces mod for Half-Life is literally this: multiplayer dragon ball z fighter where your power level actually increases as you kill people, and you can become so powerful it's almost impossible to kill you.

Git gud.

How about games where i can control my power output instead of using everything at maximum gazaboom?

I'm ashamed in all of you faggots. God Hand without a doubt, OP.

So you guys telling me Age of Wushu is worth playing? I've been looking for a good action mmo for quite a while, but all I get are korean mmo-s where sexually frustrated people do erotic roleplay as lolitas.

personally i think silver viper was a good idea because my BD character was a bag of shit.

it's worth playing but it's not much for an action MMO. the fighting system is better than any other MMO i've played but it's still not very good, the netcode is crude, pve is ramshackle. it has a very alive world, an actual player-driven economy, and it does a uniquely good job of driving people towards pvp and encouraging petty vendettas with every aspect of the game.

Jedi Knight II; I won 1v14 at a Lan party. Granted, I used kicks a lot, but no saber.

I still can't deal with the Poles who still probably play the game 24/7 on those ancient servers.