KOTOR thread

I'm playing through this game again because I have the whole weekend to waste and; why wouldn't you.

I'm going light side this time and trying to unlock all the companions side missions. Just left Dantooine for Kashykk to get Jolie.

It's been so long since I played.

Is there anything I need to look out for that will lock me out of companions side quests besides waiting til last for Korriban?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sad bastila bump

Dunno. I only did Kotor 2 multiple times

i dnot know why i bother to post anything Holla Forums related here, this whole site has been nothing but shitposting for months

Not that I can think of.
If I recall, so long as you do them before the Star Forge shit, you're good.

I'm still mad that guy who's rebuilding Kotor with a modern engine decided to turn it into an FPS.

No, you won't miss anything

Here you go user.

The game assumes you're retarded and stops everything you're doing just to tell you to speak to a companion.

I could understand if we were talking about the infinitely superior KOTOR2, but we're not, this is a Bioware game, enjoy the romance.

why the fuck would you do that? as if we dont have enough shitty fps games

I loved the soundtrack, really tickles my nostalgia

Kill me now.

the only time that ever really got annoying is in the first time playing when you dick around and explore every corner. for the most part if you talk to them occasionally on the ebon hawk or while walking around they dont bug you with that stuff

I ain't even mad.

I am quite mad.

What's funny is that people react to Kreia exactly the way she she describes people reacting to her within the story. It's generally autistic to describe something as "2deep4u", but the plot and themes of KOTOR2 really are "2deep4" the average Star Wars fan.

You know, the same people who thought The Force Awakens was good.

The worst part of it all is that the half that shits on Kreia and hates her is the same half that have a fucking hardon for Visas of all people. It's like, how fucking dense can you be you stupid lil' fucks.

How was Kreia evil? She denounces both the path of the sith and the jedi in the game. She actually believes the force to be the true enemy.

Of the reasons I can remember :

>She's evil because she was once a Sith :^)Bonus points for gargling Raven's balls or fawning over Visas in the same sentence

Man, when you get to KOTOR 2: you're going to be amazed at how well it recycles Dantooine and Korriban. There's two rooms in the Sith Academy that you can't open in KOTOR 1 but, in part 2, you get to see inside of them… Although, it's not that impressive of a tradeoff because you can't go to the front of the building and explore the path that leads down into a different valley or see if the Dreshdae settlement is still hopping.

But you do get to go into Matale's house on Dantooine. The locals pretend it's a real city or something.

Well, Kreia is a literal old hag and Visas is a hottie cake so we know precisely who's a good guy and bad guy there :^)

I hope they bring that grey thinking into rebels next season since the old sith grandma is being reintroduce in there along with Thrawn.

Seeing how Kotor uses old ass 3rd edition rules I am super fine with it.

yeah if it wasn't obvious to everyone else i haven't played kotor 2 at all. you make it sound fun!

the seed was always there, im playing through probably my tenth time this weekend and jolie bindo is always middle of the road grey

you are literally wasting points the two times you need to level him up and choose either a light or dark side power… he wont use them in battle because they cost too much force points for someone with neither a light or dark side leaning… but you are still forced to choose twice to waste powers

i just gave him stun droid and slow just because; but for every other level up your best option is to give jolie universal jedi powers

2 is much better, not just the writing but also the game mechanics have been improved. A lot more stuff is viable now.

He's always used whatever powers I gave him. Also, there's nothing stopping you from controling him manually.

ah yeah, i didnt mean he would never use them on his own i meant i dont use them

like i know at the end juhani becomes the lightest of light side so i dont bother giving her any dark side powers while leveling

I think it's possible to turn her dark through her quest. Or maybe that was planned but never implemented, I can't remember.
Anyway, she's a guardian so the only power she needs is speed.

i have never played dark side and let her live… interesting

that cant be right, that would just be the most OP roflstomp having three dark jedi at the star forge

I can't help myself so let me give you one advice despite the fact that you're a bitchy faggot who bumps his own thread 5 minutes after creating it. Finish the Assassination quests that you get on Manaan before finishing the planet questline, it may or may not block you from doing them depending on how you do the planet main quest.

Seriously this shit looks like someones end of year portfolio piece in Unreal 4. It's hardly "gameplay". This thing is DOA.

You completely and utterly failed Kreia you shit

This sounds like someone who's smart enough to understand that scene was stupid, but not smart enough to understand why it was stupid. Kreia is right about a lot, but she kind of goes full retard in that particular scene and assumes any time anyone helps anyone else, it weakens the person being helped. This just isn't the case, so she comes off as an edgy teenager trying to sound wise instead of the actual wise old woman she's supposed to be.

I missed those games, I might play them again. Though IIRC, I played the second game for about half an hour, I have to finish it sometime anyway

Oh don't get me wrong, the scene itself could of been written much better but it at least still gets a modicum of its intent across. They are mostly a bunch of moralfags who are, hilariously enough, petty and power-driven as fuck in real life.

Is light side at all fun in KOTOR 1? In my mind the super hammy dialogue only works if you go full mustache twirling cartoon villain.

So she's supposed to be what Open Palm from Jade Empire was supposed to be before they dumbed it down to always chaotic evil?

You mean closed fist and yeah prolly

you can't finish the assassin quests as light side jedi that just doesnt work, especially that early. i mean you basically have no ls points for hour if you do and you crawl back

i'm not going to say it's fun as when you go dark side you pretty much rape the rest of the game so = it's fun for me to have a challenge

“Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It’s about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.”

-Darth Zannah

Grey thinking, in Star Wars? Come on you fucking hipsters, it's Star Wars. Either you're a jedi or you're a sith. Good vs Evil, based on old westerns, knight tales and Sci-Fi-Operas.

Don't turn this into another faggy-navelgazing-franchise. Oh wait, that has already happened.

Checked and this

if it plays like Jedi Knight 2 I will be happy

Dark side usually leads to a quick reward while the light side is a delayed reward, so it depends on which you find more enjoyable

How did you guys get the game working on modern computers?
It always crashes for me during the Ebon Hawk splashscreen after the launcher. If I try to run swkotor.exe directly it just doesn't do anything.
I've run everything as administrator in XP SP2 compatibility mode, including the initial setup.exe on the disks. The only claimed fix I've found online is to disable Hardware Mouse and Movies in the config utility, which didn't work.

I bought the Steam version.
But check this page out, looks like they list some fixes for intro problems.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic

all the quests either being psychopath or the next coming of Jesus endings no neutral solutions, no petty self interest (loot for ds points) as ls gives the same quality loot/levels.

leaving the space EU quest, dark side points added
not backing looters/peasants that come after you with torches and pitchforks, dark side points
i don't even remember if narshada or koriban have ls/ds points in them other than some comment you make over some jedi corpse & choosing to murder random hippy jedi.

ether way it falls into the binary act of ls/ds with every opportunity to get you to not turn into general facefuck and go full light as the game is clearly ment for the player to be goody two shoes and have kira give the player shit/ "betray" them, with some half assed dark side "story"

i didn't appreciate that scene until i met a band of beggars living in a bus. they did that because they could. that is how they got by. they did it because it worked. they could beg for a few hours a day buy gas booze and "food" for the money maker kid they had panhandling with them. they will never work. they will never improve themselves. they will never drag themselves out of poverty. they will always live as beggars. at first they might have been thankful when people gave them money but now, they curse those who do not give "enough" they are entitled to the fruit of the labor of others. and just like every neet on this bored will never rise above their status and instead will wallow in self imposed squalor for the rest of their lives. i know because i am one of them