Fighting Games: Aku wa yurusan!

Kim Team trailer for KOF XIV is out.
Street Fighter V's story mode arrives later this month, along with Ibuki.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

Board:
/fighters/index.html

Events Happening this week:
Friday:

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN Tournament
infinityfgc.challonge.com/GGXrd6

Friday Fightcade: Street Fighter Alpha 3
infinityfgc.challonge.com/FFSFA3

Saturday:

KoK#6: Karnov's Revenge
infinityfgc.challonge.com/knjnz7lm

Skull Mania: A Skullgirls Tournament
infinityfgc.challonge.com/Skullmania

Sunday:

Koihime Enbu
infinityfgc.challonge.com/zbjzkxll

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/06/09/balrogs-back-5-minutes-with-street-fighter-vs-boxer/
gamepur.com/news/23253-injustice-2-will-feature-rpg-gear-system-loot-crates-hinting.html
archive.is/VkAQN
twitch.tv/devolverdigital
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=129
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=140
twitch.tv/leveluplive
infinityfgc.challonge.com/ffmotw
infinityfgc.challonge.com/GGXrd7
infinityfgc.challonge.com/i4qpy36g
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/15/street-fighter-5s-eight-frames-input-delay-intentional-design-choice-says-producer-koichi-sugiyama/
twitter.com/teamspooky/status/743076357039497217
twitter.com/teamspooky/status/743076452078227461
oddshot.tv/shot/CapcomUnity/Uzp0mAVF0mBPbJYCxJSEkE5q
coub.com/view/d0it3
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=3884527
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=2914407
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57220417
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56839715
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56091674
shayeragal.deviantart.com/art/Old-Origins-Lenny-Creston-26899617
steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/358415103479348378/
shoryuken.com/2016/06/17/eliza-possibly-coming-to-tekken-7-fated-retribution/
archive.is/sNlt5
youtube.com/watch?v=JGyNWMlmNys
steamdb.info/app/366240/history/
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10189.html
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10187.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, here's the threadly mains chart.

Man, that Luong special.

inb4 someone complains about the OP again

Interesting how these topics went from borderline SFV general to borderline KoFXIV general. Don't mean to recriminate OP as it seems more of a reflection of the, I guess, zeitgeist.

Anyway, to add my humble two cents:
SFV's story mode will include all the DLC characters. This seems to point at SFxT content withholding shenanigans but apparently, the way the characters play in the story won't reflect the final versions. Then again, they also foisted us that Mika was censored because of the ESRB.

And a quick visual guide to the KoF XIV updates, user posted in the KoF topic (though OP wanted to talk about butt smacks).

Calling it. Fall asleep Get hype.

There's already a report on Boxer. To summarize: jab is slower, lost Buffalo Headbutt, V-Skill seems based of Turn-around Punch and V-Trigger is a timed buff.

I wager Urien's Super will be the tackle, V-Skill the projectile and V-Trigger the mirror and Juri's Skill the evasion counter, Trigger the Feng Shui engine and the super might be new or recycled from SFxT.

venturebeat.com/2016/06/09/balrogs-back-5-minutes-with-street-fighter-vs-boxer/

Haven't seen it but from the screens, her figure looks much slimmer than in SFIV.

Revelator released today in Europe and I haven't seen a single post about it. Is no one playing it?

Yeah, I also forgot.

Obligatory less range on normals.

So where's the 8 frames, Holla Forums?

Also does anybody still play MKX? I was thinking of picking it up again after god knows how long.

I posted these in the last thread, but it got eighty-sixed so I thought I'd post 'em here. SNK is providing a pre-order bonus poster or PS4 theme depending on where you pre-order from in Japan. Is it just me, or does the top-right theme in pic 2 look like Shinkiro's art?

It has more players than KI, but ever since Ed Boon and NRS told PC players to fuck off by killing the PC version, people have been mixed about MKX. Out of nostalgia, MKX is a sleazy fighting game with disc-locked content and microtransactions.

I wouldn't support anything from Ed Boon, NRS, and WB games after getting burned by them in the past.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat, isn't UMK3 supposed to come to fightcade soon?

Let's not forget Injustice 2 is getting LOOT PROGRESSION.

What is going on with Bengus with this game? Here, it doesn't look too bad, but pales compare to his previous work. But fucking hell the story mode pictures, especially Laura's. Capcom needs to stop rushing the poor bastard!

Wait, what? This sounds like a really sleazy game mechanic.

gamepur.com/news/23253-injustice-2-will-feature-rpg-gear-system-loot-crates-hinting.html

Oh dear fucking lord.

Fuck you, Ed Boon.

archive.is/VkAQN

This is just as bad as SFxT gems.

The sad thing is the fighting game community will support this shite.

I lost respect for Boontown when they fucked the mkx PC port anyways, so I'm really not surprised they're pulling this bullshittery.

Newbie question for fellow fighters: is it even possible to git gud at street fighter using a console-esque controller or is buying an arcade pad a requirement? Do the pros use the arcade setups because there's a big advantage to it or simply because it's what they grew up with?

For context, I just got super into fgs almost a year ago and controllers have served me just fine for mortal kombat x (which i've abandoned fuck NRS) and pokken though pokken has more simplistic inputs.

Weakness is always a state of mind.

Smug is, maybe was now, one of the top ranked players on street fighter IV online and he used a normal 360 controller

I top8 at the locals with a standard HORI FS3.

Wow, I have never been happier that I didnt give two shits about Manface & Stage Gimmicks.

Post your weapon of choice (pad/stick/button-box)

Remember Soul Calibur? yeah me neither.

its what they grew up with brah
i play on arcade stick cause it's easier for me though, it just feels more natural

I still play that, it's more fun than SF5

it's ogura

I should probably fix this with actual pictures tonight

I only now remembered to say 'top-left' and not top-right.

Anyone else down to talk more about Pokken and strats?

New world heroes, when?

after KOFXV after the new Samurai showdown after the new Metal Slug after the new KOFXIV DLC pack 2 after the new garou after the new KOFXIV DLC pack 1 after KOFXIV and maybe add in another no game dev-pachinko phase and were fucking golden.

Fuck you for reminding me how long it will be before we see footage of it.

Samurai Shodown V Special is the best in the series.

Neither of those two will happen.

It's not out on PC.

Or, everyone is too busy playing it/fishing.

Why am I so worried about my waifu being dead on arival?

Because Alex and Guile are bit poopy.

I'm only looking forward to Urien because his vest is so fabulous. Guile was disappointing.

1st pic related

2nd pic related

wut, I dont remember making this post. None the less, Im having similar fears user.

people in europe play fighting games?

hey man I'm just doing it from ArcSys' perspective

Hey user, I made your mains chart for you.

you're right though, just look at this shit

I haven't played most of these in so long I couldn't tell you. Here's my shit. R8 & H8

I know I'm a basic bitch in Street Fighter. I mostly play Guilty Gear.

>tfw Revelator is coming in the mail today.
>tfw Johnny is back and isn't one of the worst characters in the game now.
feels good.

Been a while since I've played a few of these. Will probably be even longer with Revelator now out (Wanna get ready for next year's EVO Hopefully).

PS4 controller for the time being, till I have the time to build my own stick.

Revelator PC when

Looks cool but that Superman suit is awful.
NRS female faces syndrome strikes Kara

Maybe I'll get the Ultimate Edition in 2018 with every DLC

Atrocitus looks like a shitty Warcraft demon.

I will never stop hating Boon.

I really wish I had some custom plates for my stick. I got the TES+ and it's just an ugly yellow skull

The TES+ doesnt look bad imo, if its the one Im thinking of. nothing beats the hand-built custom with my waifu on it though

Remember when the Sf team of Capcom cared?

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING AND HOW CAN I STOP IT.

WHEN I HIDE A THREAD, I WANT IT FUCKING HIDDEN. PERIOD.

Yeah okay sure okay totally okay.

Only NRS.

So they canned WW in order to show Kara? Hell not even WB enjoyed the last movie.
But it's strange to not bring her to the first trailer when Super, Aqua and Bats are on it.

Anyway, it's looking better than I expected my expectations were really low but after what WB and Nether did to PC gamers with MK X, they will never see my money again, neither Capcom after SF V.

At least we are almost sure KOF XIV and GG XXX will have a PC release down the line.

Its got no character to it at all. It looks partially edgy, too. Wish I knew how to mod it.

This took longer than it should have.

Half the images are too stretched.

fucking fix it.

changing out the front plate would be pretty easy, it'd all be a matter of getting one made.

10/10 nrs needs to hire non sjw modelers

The fuck is going on in Pokken ranked?

Ragequitters mate. People can quit after the victory screen so that you don't know they quit but they don't lose any points (however it does affect their win/loss ratio). There's no penalty so the rank system is meaningless

I got S5 today legitimately though and I'm pretty stoked. Only took ~2000 games and a 66% w/L

momochi's ken is entertaining as fuck to watch. so many well calculated risks

Momochi is like the riskiest player, one time he lost a match in SF4 because he tried to focus everything

How do you guys decide on a main? I mean I like to play around with a ton of characters in games and my main I generally decide on who I like to put the most time into overall, makes it difficult to pick mains for games where I haven't really given the whole cast a proper try yet.

am i a fighting game yet

I decide a main by giving each character in the game's roster a fair try, and then decide which character(s) I had the most fun with, and work from there. If all else fails, let your dick decide who your main should be.

the original was better

kill me

Play challenge mode up to 5-9 challenges to learn basic stuff.
Go into arcade as everyone after their challenge mode run.
After that I pick who feels the most comfy,

With SF5 I just did survival easy with everyone.

People will abuse this move.
Bueno!

Usually if its a series Ive played before, I already have a character in mind going in because I either liked their design or playstyle in a previous game. As for a game that is new to me, I usually end up playing through Arcade mode (or whatever equivalent the game has) and try everyone out. Which ever one I think is the most fun, I'll main.

PQube didn't fuck it up? Holy shit, the end must be really nigh.
Anyway, I'll wait for the next fully priced disc release for Baiken and Robo-Ky. Then they'll show Testament as NPC so I'll wait for the next one.

All this cool art just shows they really care. I know bitching about Capcom is kinda overdone but it truly saddens me they don't do something like this because they have so many great artists working for them…well, provided they give them time to work.

Be glad they didn't have a intern do stick figures.

What does that have to do with Europe? EU Commission to declare vidya haram in a few months.

OST gets a official release on the 29th this month.

I would say to give some time to all the characters in a game your unfamiliar with and see who clicks with you. If said game has something like combo challenges or the like, all the better to help you choose.

Normally, if it's a fighting game I'm familiar with or is based on real life fighting, I go for the TKD or equivalent character, then try out other characters that catch my interest. If it's one I've yet to play or try, I go with a character that's fast and has a lot of offense options, then move onto the rest of the cast and seeing which one clicks with me.

Normally I end up with said fast characters, but there are oddball times where a character outside of my normal mains ends up being my main (VF being an example with Aoi). I also have fun with characters with a more comical or fun looking style, but never ended up maining said fun characters (with the exception to Guilty Gear now that Revelator's out and I'm finally able to play as my waifu Jack-O)

If history decides to repeat itself, sometime after the next installment is announced. Perhaps it will be different with how well the PC version of sign did when it was released, but who's to say.

I haven't played and invested time in a MK game or anything made by Midway/NRS since MK Armegeddon, only trying out Injustice maybe once at a friends house, and I'm really glad I stopped there seeing how things went over the years.

I kinda just go with who I think is cool. But I'm an amateur so yknow

oh that being said I tend to go for balanced but slightly rushdown-oriented mains… it's just that I think these characters are cool in their own right and it happened to play out that way though lol

yes boi I am down I hit that S5 last night ama

Evil characters or Robo characters?

c) Berserker characters

I'll say Evil but only for SamSho who has a ton of them.

Evil characters are usually OW THE EDGE. Robo are more funny/light hearted.

But I also like EX characters for variation of the moveset.

Robo, just the awesomeness of Robo-Ky alone is enough to destroy any notion that evil char variant could ever be superior to Robo variant.

Although first Robo-Ky was pretty much as much an Evil as Robo character, but the next ones turned into comic relief and now they might be actual good guys? Arcsys pls make up your mind

fighting game players are pathetic.

Evil, asshole characters.

I have to go with Evil.
Though, I personally dont think she did anything wrong

The actual subject matter is what flavor do you like your reskins in but sure.

I can't think of a game I played with a robot counterpart apart from GG, so I guess evil.

EVILER Ryu!

no kidding. just finished watching stunfest top 8 and I don't think I've seen anyone of his caliber go for that much wakeup DP lol

Laura Blana skin SFV by THEJAMK

ZAP!

t. chinese children cartoon show reaction image kid

the only robo counterparts I can even think of are Robo-Fortune, Cyber Akuma, and Robo-Ky. Not enough to have their own category imo.

Honestly I wouldn't mind more reskin type of deals as long as they played differently enough, more characters are always nice.

Tekken 7 confirmed for PC

YES YES YES

It only says Steam, though. I guess that means a DRM free version is not happening. But I also wonder if it's going to be windows only or if it'll have mac & linux support. Would certainly help out LAN parties, events and tournaments.

Speaking of LAN… I wonder if they'll still have the LAN feature of the arcades in the releases so people can make make-shift arcade-styled setups at gatherings with either consoles, laptops or small form factor computers. Would be sick.

THE HYPE IS REAL

With E3 happening this week, do you think they'll show the next KOF XIV team trailer at Sony's conference?

Don't overhype yourself. I don't think nips even know what linux is yet. Im also suprised it isn't exclusive to Win10 since it was announced at the xbox stream. Maybe when Vulcan gets bigger more games can come to linux.

No trailer(Nakoruru was cute in the reel) but at least starting tomorrow, Atlus will have the 36 character demo at E3 for people play there. We can expect some new footage at least.

As for SFV. The incredible Ibuki story was posted on the Capcom channel.
Incredible shitty. I have no expectation for the Story Mode

Let's hope they don't shit in their fans mouths like Tecmo did.

YESSSSSSSSS

Nina nude mods!

Plenty of things were announced on Xboner conference, however, there were some of games which were announced for Xbone and Windows platforms.

Besides, only pathetic retard who want to lose money would release his game exclusively for Windows 10. In no fucking way Bamco would shoot themselves in the foot like that. Not even Square Enix, one of the dumbest companies in this industry did that with their PC releases.

I bet you bought PS4. Kill yourself for supporting one of the most cancerous company in this industry, hypocrite retard.

But he isn't supporting valve?

Kill yourself you retarded faggot

Sorry can't hear you with that dick in your mouth.

Anyone want to learn how to pick up Gengar for Pokken I can type a guide for anyone trying to pick him up.

Someone have a better resolutions of this?

Nice. I'm just happy it's finally got a release date. PC version's a nice touch as well.
now if we can just utilize meme magic to get a VF sequel

Seems like the storyline is on par with the rest of them. I don't know why you expected anything more. At least I got a chuckle out of this one and Ibuki is always a qt so I'm not disappointed.

Did they show anything about KOF on E3?

The only thing kof related at e3 is a playable build of the game. They didn't show it off though.

Showing off Antonov so soon? Well, that's daring.
Hope he fights with the cigar on his mouth, if not just to not look like a cross between Geese and Duke.

Hey guys, just wondering what non steam/non PS4 options i have for modern fighting games.

Haha, awesome, I came here just to post that.

I really dislike how they gimped everyone's range in this game.

Guys…

win 10/xbone :^)
but seriously you can just emulate old games on fightcade and play anyone you want.

some gameplay of injustice 2, coming out early 2017. the loot system is definitely looking like it could imbalance the game

Here's a vidayo.

OK, I think I'll just stick with steam fir newer fighting games.

Kof 14 stream:
twitch.tv/devolverdigital

heh I posted this video here
but, thanks

It's over now.

Even as a casual, this strikes me as unacceptable. No wonder the game went nowhere.

Give some food to the hosts, they look like they are starving.

After the 2013 update it got better. Still, it's obvious why it was abandoned the same year it was released. Kind of sad too, it was fun as hell to play.

Kinda. I don't like how there's only one super/meter system. I understand the need for such though, since they were pretty different franchises.

Also the art style didn't do the Tekken side any favors.

After MK X? Not going to worry about Nether and WB anytime soon.

pictures came from here geocities.jp/midwood2004/

Question: What is the most balanced fighting game ever made?

Every fighting game is balanced when you play a mirror match.

KOF14 and Tekken7 >>>>> SFV

the first guilty gear, obviously

2d or 3D?
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=129
2d or 3D?
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=140

It's over.

Kof14 E3 gameplay

Game that's out vs that isn't, wow

RIP

>tfw SFV will be dead before my waifu comes out

get a husbando then

We all know you're a faggot though so there won't be any change.

(checked)
the only cock I'd be interested in would be her futa cock

How is SFV dead?

Still has the most people playing
Still has the most professionals playing
Still has the most tournaments
Still has the most number of pros switching to it
Still updating

Or is it just silver shitters thinking they'll be not shit in another game.

honestly, I dont think its going anywhere. I was just joking Its just SFV doesnt seem to be picking up any steam with the casual market because of how long its taking Capcom to update it.

SFV is dead to me

Me too. I mean, I would give a chance if they tried to do something different. I really liked the sfv concept.

Luckily it's for both steam and wankdows 10. That xboner presentation had me worried.

It looks alright I guess.

Into the trash it goes. Might pirate but its probably not worth even that

Was thinking of fixing my arcade stick, mostly because of my HP button. must've hammered the shit outta it.

I don't think it's dead. I think it's poopy.

yes

Oh good lord

I'm checking those double dubs, but man, that is not good. Why does it look like her eyes are facing different directions?

Jesus, she looks like a younger Hillary.

No, she doesn't.

Both have their appeal. I think 2d better for waifus, 3d better for jerking off to.

I beg to differ

Never played Tekken, but I am going to main Kazuya simply because his jacket doesn't clip through his legs every five seconds.

what do you play your modern fighting games on, user?

They at least are trying to have some sort of "competitive mode"

Oh dear

Kazuya has a jacket as an alternate. As far as I remember, you can customize your character like Virtua Fighter.

Boon outright said on IGN last night they were going to have a tournament mode without gear or maybe balanced gear variants like MKX's variations.

Someone figure out how to summon Mind Powers pls

Great, so if there's an option to turn it off, you'll basically get an incomplete experience
And probably only a dozen that will actually be worth using.
Couldn't have at least attempted something like the custom gear in Smash 4 where gear both added and reduced stats to "balance" things out?
What is even the point? Why give an option if one is just outright superior? I hate it when games do this shit.
He's not even pretending that his game is primarily made for casuals anymore.
wew lad

This entire game is a red warning sign.

8 frames of lag is apparently a part of the design, according to Capcum.

Why

Reminder:

6 PM Casual play open for WNF guests
8PM The King of Fighters XIV Special Features Stream
8:30PM The King of Casuals – Pro player vs WNF guests
9:00PM The King of Exhibitions – Pro player vs Pro player battles
9:30PM Boss Battle – Pro Players vs Oda-san

twitch.tv/leveluplive

Ibuki stream

Come watch, if you still give a shit about SF5.

THIS WEEK'S EVENTS FOR THE 8/v/ FGC STEAM GROUP ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Friday:

– Friday Fightcade: Garou - Mark of the Wolves –
infinityfgc.challonge.com/ffmotw

Saturday:

- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
infinityfgc.challonge.com/GGXrd7

– KoK#7: Eternal Fighter Zero Revival –
infinityfgc.challonge.com/i4qpy36g

Sunday:

– Koihime Enbu –

Can i get a source on that statement?

It's just been made public
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/15/street-fighter-5s-eight-frames-input-delay-intentional-design-choice-says-producer-koichi-sugiyama/

twitter.com/teamspooky/status/743076357039497217
twitter.com/teamspooky/status/743076452078227461

Hmm seems as though capcom was trying to use tekken7's system of inherent lag to mask netcode problems. I guess we'll see how tekken launches plus if capcom is going to reduce the lag.

Here's Balrog in game.

oddshot.tv/shot/CapcomUnity/Uzp0mAVF0mBPbJYCxJSEkE5q

I knew he'd have stubby arms.

Alright his C.MP appears alright. I won't bash that much.

Well, E3 trailer for KOFXIV.

I love that shit

that pic reminds me of all the rush pics I got freshman year of college from frats that wanted me to pledge

I can't wait till literally everyone on the fight threads are playing either kof14 or tekken7. both look like great games that I'm gonna enjoy and the last ones I enjoyed was yatagarasu and before that cvs2 so its been awhile

Nice!

Yeah. That fucking cool.

Who Revalator Here?

Ive been having a blast experimenting with Jack O. Incredibly weird to play at first with some interesting combo options.

You better share more.

rip

I thought you knew user. Boon sold his soul and his studio to the Je… I mean Warner Bros. You already know how that company is. Nothing but palm rubbing fags waiting for the next money grubbing opportunity with their games.

waiting 10,000 years for the PC version. meanwhile I'm netplaying SIGN with bads on PC and getting bopped at locals in Revelator.

Rush "insert video game here" needs to be a more common thing. I don't even like street fighter but can someone make one like this with cammy and karin?

He stayed virtually the same through both games, so not much to touch on. He still is fun and good to play, but I already know most of his techs and such, as do other players.

Playing Jack O makes people have to guess everything, because the character is so new and noone understands her yet. I think she is solid mid tier currently.

Also..you knew I was Slayer? Assuming youve followed a few vids, thanks for the support.

I can't believe they purposely fucked up the offline mode with the 8 frame bullshit. Thank god I didn't buy this piece of hit game.

I can't wait to see KoF 14* flop, and the fgc goes through the Sonic Cycle with SNK and Namco (I'm really worried about Tekken 7's console port because I got a bad feeling about it).

*I'm not trying to rain on the KoF Parade, but remember SNK was a very horrible company for a very long time. Also, KoF 14 still looks like a PS2 game.

PRESENT!

As a Jack-O main, can confirm. She can be very devastating if played right (which I'm almost getting to the point of. been winning most of my matches online and doing really well local offline as well). Here's hoping she returns in the next installment after seeing what happens to her in story mode

Why the hell are whores writing "rush" on their asses?

Because they're in the greek life rush at college, underage friend.

She is really fun, I like her dustloops, its almost like im playing Sol.

Find any cool setups or anything with her?

I'm one year shy of 30, retard. I just don't follow normalfag trends, nor do I live in the US.

Since Capcom lent Akuma to Tekken people can we get them to give SNK Sagat for this round?

then you live in bumfuck nowhere and instead of being a sparing poster, you do nothing but use an imageboard as a blog.

This is exactly what I am doing.

Training hard to get to a point where I can consider myself decent, and wishing I had more colours to choose from.

I finally got finished installing it on my cfw ps3 hopefully this game isn't too high priority so i don't get banned. The journey to find a working copy was a pain in the ass but i hope it was worth it.

I'm a scrub at fighters but i want to use this as the game to finally git me gud. Hopefully i won't get banned and i can train with you guys sometime.

Does KoF even have zoners?

i might have a cheap wii u, how is pokken's netplay? also can p;m and tvc run on it?

also arguably kensou and duo lon.
plenty of characters have good fireballs, zoning is just more active in kof than street fighter

rip yata ;_;
they never added ggpo did they?

*have found

holy shit my ps4 is fucking useless this is amazing

Just a couple of setups to keep the minion pressure on my opponent while I fight them. If I get them into a corner, I buff my minions to get them to the corner faster if I have them out already, and throw the houses at my opponent to keep the pressure in the corner then attack along with them (Or blow them up if I can catch them in the explosion). If the houses are too far for me to get that would result in my opponent leaving the corner, I use the return all button during organ to bring them back and quickly get them out.

Another is keeping my opponent in the area with my minion houses, buff them to keep them attacking and the opponent blocking, and air dash + HS to one side and the other of my opponent to try and whittle down their health and prevent them from retaliating as much as possible.

One other thing I also found is that if you get your opponent in a 2HS string with no minions hitting them, you can pull off a forever elysian driver and still get a ton of damage from using it (the minions hitting them beforehand severely reduces the damage from this, even with hell fire damage).

Outside of that, your vids show some really good setups as well.

Team Villains trailer

King looks really good as a zoner. Athena is also a good alternative with more movement options and her big EX Psycho Ball.

Chang is doing a lot of damage. Did he get some buffs?
Also, Xanadu is really crazy. coub.com/view/d0it3

I don't have a WiiU but I know it has a literal Wii inside of it. So you can pretty much do everything you want on the Wii with a WiiU.

Don't know why but I'm getting some Metal Slug vibes from this video.

Xanadu kinda reminds me of Rasputin from World Heroes. Have to admit I like him a whole lot more than I thought I would. Those dead dope fiend eyes aren't just for show.
Stage and theme are pretty cool too.

Mian and Zarina next! Glorious hype train.

yea, ive seen the slayer videos. really good stuff.

thanks for the videos man

Source for the pic? Image search brought nothing…

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=3884527

And a fresh Luong since I'm at it.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=2914407

Polite sage.

Yes, but you'll have to use Wii or Wii U controllers - no GCN pad, Wii fightsticks should work.

Every character looks more interesting than the other, loving every second of it.

Give some details.
I bet you never played Maximum Impact.

Thanks, and some more stuff.
I would love to see Mary, Vanessa and Lenny on a team. But, it's not going to happen.

And I wonder if Mary gave up on the "Wolf"
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57220417

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56839715

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56091674

shayeragal.deviantart.com/art/Old-Origins-Lenny-Creston-26899617

I can literally just go to the lab for 30 minutes and find stupid shit with Jack O, this is why I like her.

I'm in love

The team composition makes a lot of sense (Women Agents Team?). I imagine the "issue" would be making Lenny distinct from Whip.
At any rate, it has more chances than the team I'd like to see. Kain, Grant and White

I certainly wasn't expecting that. Looks like he'll be a blast to play.

Those both sound better than my dream team. Krauser, Laurence, and Axel Hawk

My roommate and I were looking at the character screen in Injustice 2 to try to figure out who will be in the game and we noticed real quick that all of the silhouettes are random placeholders. We noticed Conan O'Brien, David Bowie, Kitana and Scorpion from MKX and some other random fictional characters.

SNK Playmore.
SvC Chaos, Samurai Shodown going to the shitter with 6 and Sen
KoF: Maximum Impact
Didn't give two shits about the International fanbase
Made shitty Pachinko games after another.
Terrible netcodes in KoF XIII and other fighters
Shitty emulated ports.

I really want to see Sinclair and Jyazu in a KoF game (Maybe more reincarnated SS characters like Galford, Haohmaru, Earthquake, etc). My ideal team would be Sinclair, Jyazu, and Iori.

some tekken 7 pc gameplay. sucks that it's coming out next year…

In fact, it would not be hard at all to make Lenny stand against Whip, for the simple fact that both used the whip in very different ways. But, they would make her use it more as and elongated member, and maybe no allow her to grab using it, but it's not hard.
AOF 3 animations were so detailed that you can even see the characters breathing when they are down, and the colors of the sprites changed when they were in a shadow.

You mean the bear wasn't a dead giveaway?

Well, I had hopes.

What are the chances for Kuma and/or Eddy for Tekken7?

Oh shit I know its a rumor but that'd be fucking sick

Hawluchafags on suicide watch

fucking finally

does anybody know of a character where in their respective game, was leagues above everyone else in how good the were? I want to make a term out of their name like "yun-tier" as an example. but I know yun wasn't extremely op.

MAG-FUCKIN'-NETO

wasn't storm always right by him though?

Cyrax and Kabal in MK9

Wow that Superman looks like poop.

yeah but I need something where it's just one, like metaknight except I don't want to use brawl as an example
but wasn't kabal in a tier of his own? maybe hes what ive been looking for

Injustice2 gear~ good or bad idea?

A fucking horrible idea

Also

Horrible idea. Not only does it make the game completely unbalanced and makes it so that you win based on said items rather than your own skill, but also forces people to use items out of necessity rather than customization of your characters look for fun, something Soulcalibur 4 and 5 suffered because of it (though that's debatable since you could play modes in those games that didn't buff or nerf stats based on items).

See how fast he gets super?

Armor +1, Gauntlet +1, Boots +1, Ring of Protection +1 ? Just like my RPGs

Remember how well it worked in Soul Calibur 4?
Injustice 2 will be worse

Pre-Playmore or Playmore?

Characters that were leagues above everyone else in how good they were?
Those are a few examples.

I think Kokonoe in Chronophantasma 1.0 was pretty busted, but I don't know by how much.

prolly one of daisuke's best works for Xrd

dont snitch to arcsys ok?

Had a blockstring that only had a ~4 frame gap or something before it started again IIRC

Found an extremely stupid Dustloop with Jack O' in Revalator.

This character is so jank.
What am I Sol?

Have you ever met a good Chun Li? Even Ken's retarded hit-confirm is scarier than Yun.

I love Jenet but she's retarded with those cancels. Also Hilde in Soul Calibur IV in every stage with a possible Ring out. Makoto in Blazblue Continuum Shift.
In KOF you could say Gato/Kula/Oswald in XI are really strong as Athena/Choi/Angel are in vanilla 2002. But there are other viable characters in both games.

Soul Calibur V actually removed the stats change thing. I would argue Soul Calibur V is the most competitive entry of the franchise. Even with Viola's bullshit. Shame the game is simply unfinished. People complaining about muh Talim, muh Taki and maybe other old characters wouldn't had anything to say if Namco gave ‎Daishi time to finish those other 2/3 of the game and not end up with 3 edgemaster characters and an almost literal storyboard as part ot the Story Mode.

Denuvo astroturfing in the Tekken 7 steam forums.

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/358415103479348378/

Well he has the best zoning and the best rushdown in the game so I'd nominate him for the best.

I also mentioned Cyrax because of touch of death with inescapable resets and plus frames.

What does Yun's Genie even do?

God fucking damn it. I hope not

Was it stated whether or not it will be exclusive to Windows 10?

yooooo acceleration of suguri 2 is getting localized

this starts out way too blazblue for my tastes

Windows 10 exclusive games don't appear on steam.

This footage is just footage, not included match. If you want to see character's move, you can check this time below:

Shun'ei - 00:50,
Muimui - 08:40,
Hein - 14:40,
Kukri - 20:35,
Nakoruru - 26:00,
Choi - 32:30,
Yuri - 38:30,
Maxima - 44:25,
Joe - 49:55,
Sylvie - 55:10,
Ralf - 1:00:40,
Daimon - 1:07:30
Tung - 1:12:20,
Clark - 1:18:00,
Dinosaur - 1:23:40,
Chin - 1:29:50

Didn't know Kasumi could get her costume destroyed.
And a shame KoF took out some her characterization like needing the dictionary to shittalk and "BUT MOOOOOOOOM".

Thanks for the link and time stamps.

For some reason, I've got the feeling Love Heart will recycle a lot of her moves.

shoryuken.com/2016/06/17/eliza-possibly-coming-to-tekken-7-fated-retribution/

I want a legitimate explaining to why this fucking piece of gimmicky shit character deserves a spot in Tekken 7 over characters like Kuma, Gordos, Lei, Anna, Marduk, and other established characters. Eliza isn't a deal breaker, but she was a fuck-awful character that's probably going to be in the shit-tiers with Chloe and Gigas (Gigas and Chloe can win matches unless your opponent knows your gimmicks to counter you).

This game had some great art and animations that aged well. Too bad it sucked.

Absolutely terrible. Sadly, the fgc will support that bullshit with a straight face.

I like this guy's idea.

because lucky chloe got in. and also waifu characters will be defended harder so it will be easier for PR so they don't have to "open a can of worms"

God, I'm having a much harder time learning GG than I had with SFV, I'm barely improving. The speed of the game and all the mechanics are quite overwhelming, I feel like I'm never in control of the match, always just blocking and occasionally throwing out some pokes or trying to land the one single combo I'm able to pull off outside of training mode. I spend so much time doing FD that my Tension Gauge is almost always empty. How do I actually get better? Should I just keep doing online matches? Learning more combos seems useless at this point and I'm afraid that practicing against the CPU will only teach me bad habits.

Harada mentioned that he would love to put in Geese in Tekken.

Do you have a source for that?

Every game would be better if it had Geese.

archive.is/sNlt5

Holy shit. I knew she was able to dustloop after seeing Japanese arcade matches, but not like this. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know anyone that considers Chloe a waifu compared to Lili, Asuka, the Williams, Julia, Kuni, and Jun; hell, Josie is more of a waifu than Chloe.

Geese would definitely fit in Tekken.

I personally would love a 3-series crossover game. C'mon Harada, make it happen.

Netplay problems
Matchmaking still sucks
No way to filter by region (SF4 ok)
Rage quitter problem still present
You have to save replays before watching them
Can't sort friends
No way to add friends from lobby (?)
Separating favourites (players you want to watch) from friends (players you want to play with) is needed
No online training (SF4 ok)
Archaic lobbies - no way for multiple matches at the same time
Statistics are still empty
Notifications screen doesn't update when it's open
Sending invitations when user is offline doesn't work
Battle lounge doesn't save settings
Long maintenances
Can't acquire FM in offline mode
Losing connection to servers interrupts offline modes
Gameplay problems
badly implemented legacy controller support (complicated as fuck)
no instruction how to use legacy controller support
no dinput support on PC (SF4 ok)
no key binding on PC
keyboard can only be P1 controller
no way to change specific graphical settings on PC without accessing config files (blur etc)
standard moves marketed as something new by making them into vskills
8f lag
many characters have too similiar gameplans
unimaginative vtriggers
atrocious hitboxes
long loading times
framerate issues on PS4
fucked up button settings on character select - pressing again unsets buttons (SF4 ok)
Single Player problems
Extra Battles?
Daily Challenges? (aka targets)
Subpar tutorial
Training doesn't save your settings (SF4 ok)
No character specific training options (Vega's claw state etc.)
No option to set stun bars
Quick reset with setting position (MvC3 ok)
Badly implemented ways to record dummy actions (reversals, alpha counters etc.)
Infuriating survival mode - the only way to unlock colors (colors per character, per costume…)
No arcade mode/cpu versus (SF4 ok)
No way to acquire premium costumes still
Visual Problems
Ken's face aka quality of some models is.. questionable
quality of artworks in story mode
stage transitions?
special KOs? (bus, noodles etc)
horrible clipping everywhere (even on character select..)
Communication/CPT problems
no form of tournament mode
only one player has the ability to start a rematch/change characters (SF4 ok)
no clear way to determine who paused the game (?)
CPT rules were MIA for months
no word about Alex version bug
no restart match option?
hold pause option global - should be quick in single player modes

I have a question for /vr/fags. Would you like me to add this /vr/ fightan template in the next thread?

what if this was Laura Matsuda's hair style?
youtube.com/watch?v=JGyNWMlmNys

Fuck it. I'm posting it here

As excited as I am for KOFXIV to come out, I hate the fact that they always have this mentality of Adding in OC characters in a game that was meant to be a crossover of SNK characters into one game and they can't manage to add in actual characters from old SNK games because of their epic storylines. They add in characters like Sylvie, Xanadu, and which look like overdesigned trash who will go the way of ash crimson once the saga is over and they'll start up again and add in more characters no one wants in order to "fit with the times" or "it reminds me of my idol fantasies!".

I can think of 15 other characters they can put in

But instead the SNK boardroom looked at a drugged out cultist and went "Yes this is perfect". They looked at dre beats, one leg rolled up for no reason, coat stapled on the shoulder, spikey hair guy with edge master hands complete with troubled past and went "this is the in thing right now!! NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE". They look at crazy overdesigned chick with giant clown boots, giant eyeballs, like she just fucking murdered a cereal box mascot and wore its skin and they say "THIS IS THE WORK OF A GENIUS!!". They take a look At yamazaki and blue mary and go "well if you look at the gameplay, they are too slow and their style will never fit into the games even though we rearrange movesets for old characters all the time…nope nope NOPE CANT BE DONE". It screams bullshit.

And for SFV. why do we have to wait on Sodom, Eagle, Maki, Necro, Remi, and Q getting in because of "muh story", but Zangief gets in the roster just fine and no one will question it even though he has jack shit to do with the story and how they kill bison or resurrection shit.

The fighting genre that focuses so much on gameplay seems to handicap itself of a good roster with the reasoning of telling a story, which will be shit anyway, which is just shit overall.

Is there agreements or disagreements with my thoughts?

what the fuck is this entire post

I'm not even gonna read the rest of your post

do you agree with my reasoning that detemining the roster for fighting games based on the story is bullshit? Do you also agree that KOFXIV has too many OC characters?

why or why not

At least give me a reason why

That's basically the biggest reason I stayed out of the KOF loop back in the day, I was interested in the FF and AOF characters but the new ones were just piling in and taking front and center as well as time from everybody else.

Since SNK has nothing else going on besides XIV, kind of hands tied now. But the whole 'keep adding more guys and make it all center around them' gimmick, never been a fan.

Why not 2000 that at least is on the PSN and is somewhat less broken than '99

I disagree with you. KOF is more of its own thing than a crossover since '96 and the whole Orochi story really started. Kyo and Iori is as much as an OCcharacter donut steal than the new ones from the past years. Kyo could even be called a gary stu type of character if he wasn't made fun from other characters for not finishing school, getting scolded because he's not paying enough attention for his girlfriend and other minor things. Iori is what Shadow the Hedgehog always wanted to be.

The new characters so far seems fine. Shun'ei is actually popular with the younger players. Sylvie is a pretty standard gameplaywise but is a new type of idolbait and I'm fine with this as long they keep Athena a more traditional idol character. Hein and Kukri are by far the ones with the most fanart, especially from fujoshi (and you know when you have to create a girlfriend for Kyo to keep the fujoshis at control that they are a relevant part of the audience).

Now you just want another NGBC. KOF has a modern and more traditional setting. Alternate World team are even treated as guests like Sho, Gyazu, Silber and Gai were in XI. While Galford and Hanzo could fit in the game, Nakoruru is far more popular than both and you sort of have Hanzo in Bandeiras playstyle.

Max please, you'll get Garou on Steam later this year: steamdb.info/app/366240/history/ (just pray it's not DotEmu)

They're dead but could be easily be used as DLC bait.

You do know who is in charge now right? They changed Terry, Andy, Joe and Tung to be more like their RealBout counterparts. Safe Burn Knuckles and far D for Terry for example.

And it looks like the Story will be just a glorified Arcade Mode so every Team will have its own ending with probably Shun'ei, Meitenkun and Kyo being the center of the main storyline with the finall boss. But it looks it'll have other storylines like what will happen with Kim, Chang and Choi. Terry and Geese are in this game with Fatal Fury developers.

weren't the KOF 98 and 02 UM ports handled by code mystics in terms of netcode?

Last Blade 2 too. But I don't know about that last one. I don't have a PS4.
98UMFE and 2002UM have only "ok" netcode. You can easily play someone in the same region but from other continents or even if your country is large, you'll have trouble.

Bu on the other hand, Garou could easily be a ROM with badly implemented netcode on it like the other DotEmu Steam ports.
I hope not

I agree with the sentiment, but Xanadu looks pretty cool in my book.

Anyway, I'd say the biggest reason they do that sort of thing is to keep each episode fresh, so that people aren't saying "It's just a rehash with new graphics", which is what people are saying already about a lot of fighting games. The story gives a reason to throw in fresh faces.

Also, it's pretty much expected to have new characters, and there would be outcry if it was just the exact same cast of familiar faces.

LB2's Vita/PS4 port is pretty on par in terms of netcode with the KoF PC ports in my experience.

Not amazing, but gets the basic job done.

Wasn't the Humble Bundle ports really fucking lazy and broken?

Especially.

I agree that Iori has an edge attitude and kyo is a mary sue. but why create more characters like them. Is ash remembered fondly? Is anyone breaking their legs for MI characters who were filled with edge , waifu idol, and OC donught steal characters? Even back then when they tried to replace kyo with K' in 2000 they realized it was a bad idea and he is always canonically shit on for being a debbie-edge, downer too. Why is it that it is cool now to add another troubled past edge guy when they have already done it before and realised that it's not the best idea or that it has already been done before? When OC characters like oswald and vanessa come out, people like them, and they fit in the KOF-verse, why do they get the back burner?

Where is this news coming from? Is there any sources of information besides SNK said so.

NGBC shouldn't even be necessary because that's what KOF should be.

Which doesn't make sense or give good reasoning as to why my grievances about the roster don't make any sense when it has other characters from the past, future, and are demons like you say next.
Shouldn't KOF have guest since it's a tournament all across the world accepting fighters. Why does no one blink an eye when it has characters from different countries join, why does no one blink and eye when terry and most fatal fury characters should be a children while Ryo and most of the AoF cast are adults and no one blinks an eye about the cannon. But when other SNK characters from other IPs come in they need dimension story plot reasons or it was because of the benevolence of SNK that made it so that this is SO BIZARRE when it should be the standard. It has King of Fighters in the title, the guests from all of SNK should be expected without any reason, SNK is a huge fighting game developer so they should put their fighting game characters in a King of Fighters tournament.
You would choose Bandeiras over hanzo if you had a choice in a KOF roster? why did hanzo need to be replaced?
I need to be Maximillian in order to want rock in a KOF game? And besides I've been playing SNK games on fightcade for a while now.

Since this thread is about to reach 300 posts, I want to ask regarding the OP.
There have been some complaints regarding the oversaturation of KOF in the OP.
Is there anything I can do for next thread to solve this minor issue?

Do adults with an IQ over 90 even play Mortal Kombat? Just wondering.
Also, what's this fightcade thing all about? Will it allow me to play fightan with anons? First time poster in this type of thread.
Why can't I ever find a single match in GGXXAC for PC? ;__;

KoF probably has the highest number of games, so it stands to reason. I mean, if you don't count all the HYPER CHAMPIONSHIP TURBO PLUS ALPHA bullshit SF does.

If people are already saying that shit about fighting games why do we need to break our backs to convince people who won't even use and extra synapse in their brain stem to be convinced otherwise and use the same graphics arguments or japanese shit is gay argument and run off to buy COD and EAsports games when they're bored?

But they rarely recycle old SNK characters into the new KOF games. There are so many characters from Samsho, Garou, Last Blade, World Heroes, Ninja Masters, Ninja Commando, Sengoku that they haven't used for them to go "everyone has seen every body before lets not try it". It would be refreshing to see those old characters to come back instead of being dead forever.
Also add on the fact that many KOF characters have rearranged movesets so they would probably play differently each iteration, which would remove familiarity as well

I'm sorry I'm ragging on this subject but this is a problem with the fighting game genre that bothers me to no end and every one else is just okay with it.

Also, what's the general consensus on Xrd? I've heard some rather disheartening things about it, outside of the NEW and SHINY graphics.

Story mode and Balrog videos are showing up for SFV but I don't want that game getting anymore attention.

What about some random fighting game we've never heard of?

I'm sure you've heard of it, but how about sum Bushido Blade?

sure why not

Naginata/Nodachi OP gg

KOFXIV's producer interview:

- He has been looking at the complaints against XIII's console netcode from day one and keeping all of them in mind
- The reception for XIII's Steam version netcode has been positive in general so they are building on top of what they learned there
- They are putting a lot of effort into making the netcode solid day 1 and are prepared to act quickly to fix any issues post launch.
- The 3v3 online party battle mode will have 12 player lobbies.

- They aren't holding anything back for the initial release, we are getting the full game day 1.
- They haven't even started thinking about DLC yet. If they do decide to do some then we will have to wait a while since they will be creating it from scratch.

- They spent a lot of time balancing it in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the normal flow of gameplay
- In its initial implementation it had too much impact so they toned it down
- They took both offline competitive play and online play into consideration when balancing it

geni jin disables 3s' juggle counter, increases the priority of his moves so any confirm is essentially like getting a counter hit.

we could talk about vsav or virtua fighter someone please play vf5 with me ;_;

How about 5FV :^)

Fuck yes.

I would, but my PS3 is dead and Sega refuses to port anything besides Sonic games to the PC.

I know this reeks of "the 15 other characters I can think of are better than the 15 other characters you can think of" but user pls
As for the newcomers, I'm surprisingly fond of most besides Nelson and Shun'ei. I accept Shun'ei is a "necessary evil" added to please the Chinese overlords funding the game.
I thought I'd completely loathe them but I ended up really liking Sylvie and Xanadu. Looking forward to maining Hein and Luong and Kukri looks very stylish; even if I won't play him, I think he's a good addition.
And I say this has someone still bootybothered that many of my favorites got the shaft (Yamazaki, Shermie, Vanessa and Kasumi).

Regarding SFV, I'll only say the illustrations of veterans and NPCs they're churning out just further underline what a shit roster SFV got.
As someone who wanted Necro, Q and Sodom in the game, your point regarding other characters that are in the game for no relevant plot reason matches my impressions entirely.

All good things to hear but if data miners find DLC character info, I think all my faith in the industry will be irreparably broken. Then again, I'm to blame for thinking there are heroes left in Man.

Yeah, I saw the guy's interview.

But at this point KOF being its own thing I don't think they're going to mess with the estabilished formula and all the estabilished characters from KOF itself should get the usual top billing and so on. Just how it works.

Either way, I'll go with it, since this is all SNK is able to pul off for the moment.

Well, KOFXIV is the game getting new trailers and news every week and it is getting closer to be released in august. After that, Tekken7 will probably be the most discussed and after that, people will complain about Injustice2. I think it's only natural.
People could talk about other games too. I tried to bring SCV in but not even Namco seems to care anymore. I don't even like Tekken but I love SoulCalibur and V finally being the first one to be competitive since II makes me sad it's a dead franchise.

Revelator is out but I'm sort of burn out of ArcSys games and their updates. I'll get Revelator in a few months during a PSN sale for $15 like when I got BlazblueCP and Xrd-SIGN-

Just do a new OP with every news from the E3. Tekken7 being finally ported to the consoles and PC without Windows10 should be the headline.

I should have said 15 other characters I can name off the top of my head that they could have put in.
notice how you just named 12 SNK character that would have been great additions to put back in the roster instead of more OC characters.
user pls. tell me the great reason why they weren't able to make it in.
I disagree by opinion with the rest of your post but this line is bullshit. Who at the circle chinese overlords put a gun to their heads to add shunei, do they need to sell clothing merch, is shunei and integral part of China's government stability? Is shinei and integral part of the PS4 architecture or programming in general? There was a choice to put in shunei and I think that reason is bull shit but he is not a necesity.
I got used to them but they will never be a replacement for the old characters and I feel that is a disservice.

Ditto on ArcSys. Would have gotten into Xrd if they did digital updates like SFIV eventually got with AE and Ultra (not even asking for a model like SFV).
I'll wait for the next one, see blurry screens confirming Testament as NPC and then wait for the next. Maybe by 2018 I can buy a iteration of GGXrd.

I miss SC as well but I wish they'd go back to the more "conservative" art direction of 1 (costumes mainly, I don't mind if they want to go with stylized anatomy) and the gameplay also return to be more focused on footsies and punishing whiffs instead of it becoming another combofest, meter management FG. But that's my humble two cents.

Oda (?) mentioned Blue Mary and Yamazaki weren't added because of gameplay reasons. Mary was difficult to balance and Yamazaki's play style doesn't fit the game's pacing. Something to that effect.
As for other characters, well, there's popularity (or rather, lack of), lore, story and team composition and difficulty to re-create a character. The last is the case of Mary and Yamazaki, lore reasons would be the Ash saga ending with the arc being canonically erased from canon or something to that effect, story and team composition has to do with a character's presence as a team member having to be properly justified (per instances, Kasumi would either be with Woman Fighters or Anti-Kyokugen teams) and for popularity, well, there probably isn't much demand for likes of Grant, White and Hinako as much as that pains me; in this last case, and I think that happens for many games where character appeal is a major selling point, introducing new faces is a better strategy than adding characters they already know people don't like very much.
Maybe SNK made Team China as the new heroes out of gratitude or maybe they got pushed to do it, I can't say but something similar happened in the past when SNK was bough by Playmore, and the game had a surge of Korean characters. And as it's a new story arc, they add a new Hero team which, as always, can be hit or miss. I don't like these last two but IMHO K' and Maxima were great additions.
Ultimately, this is all subjective. After the godawful new characters in SFV and GGXrd, I'm finding the additions to KoF to be a godsend even if there's veterans I'd rather see in their place. At least this game has new characters I want to pick.

Its a reason I will begrudgingly have to go with but with the amount of times KOF characters get different movesets and inputs I'm not 100% believing Yamyams and blu wouldn't work

How does yamazaki or blue mary play into the ash saga? 97 is still cannon but doesn't stop Mature and Vice being on Iori's team being not ghost. Another example of still being able to get in just cause but another SNK IP tries to get in its "OH NO WE CANT DO THAT!!!" which doesn't make any sense.
I would say look at team mexico I thought that was a great and creative way to bring back three old, popular characters, and they didn't need to be back in their old teams

I would need some hard evidence to believe that, seeing how they are planning on making a garou sequel
In the age of IPs getting killed off and brand name appeal being a major selling point, this train of logic baffles me as well but it happens
And there are thousands of old SNK face that people love and they haven't even given the chance to put in yet. It's a disservice to all their past work if they are just going to be put in the back burner.

Laura design seemed generic design wise, like blanka but not; I like fang but he rides a little close to the "laugh at me" spectrum with roofus. GGXrd I have the same greivances with the roster as I do with KOF.

KOF is always about what is cool and trendy at the time of the release. Kyo is the 90's rebel student, K' is the emo sci-fi introspective character, Ash is a fabulous straight bastard that everyone loves to hate (even in the game). Every hero reflects what young people are or like right now. Shun'ei is a chuuni wearing a traditional chinese school uniform (with tie and all) but with some customization because he wants to be different like Kyo used his open jacket in the 90's. I don't know why, but teenagers and athletes like american basketball players and footballers in europe like to wear headphones outdoors. Besides, China is a big market for KOF just like Mexico and South America so, they get their own teams.
Sylvie is a Kyary clone and represents a japanese fashion trend.

Kukri and Hein fanart you just need to look at twitter and Pixiv. Shun'ei, Kukri and Hein are by far the most played during the japanese events along with the old Kyo, Iori, Kim and Benimaru of every team. While the pros like XiaoHai, Romance and Reynald really liked Luong and MuiMui in Stunfest, WNF and E3.
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10189.html
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10187.html

NGBC has a tag mechanic with many more liberties than KOF. I wouldn't like a Metal Slug running around, Mars People, robots and a midget chubby godess in a KOF game.
Like I said, KOF is a different series and not really a crossover. They basically did what DC do every now and then with a continuity reset. AOF and Fatal Fury coexist, Geese never died, Rock is a kid (check Terry's 2003 backstory) while Hotaru, Gato, Jenet and Tizoc are roughly the same age as the other KOF characters. But the AOF/FatalFury timeline still exist with Garou and the ever anticipated sequel.

Hanzo was never replaced unless you count Maximum Impact2. And sorry but I'm really biased towards Nakoruru than Hanzo getting in the game.

Well, you could be a fujoshi. Jokes aside, I already said about Rock age in KOF. He's also probably the character to market a new Garou that SNK still wants to make. If he get in KOF, it'll be harder to get a new entry.

Their deaths were never explicit said in the japanese version of the games. SNK is probably using this loophole to bring they back since they're so popular.

Also, why did you made another thread? Coldn't make a new general if this is autosaging?

-Shun'ei uses the power of shadows, he's learning Hakkyokuseiken under Tung Fu Rue as his latest disciple;

-Meitenkun carries a pillow with him at all times, he looks like he's always half asleep, his style is Hakkyokumenmenken (Hakkyoku sleepy sleepy fist, as opposed to Hakkyokuseiken being Hakkyoku sacred fist), he seems to be hiding a huge energy that is considered to be Tung's secret weapon;

-Antonov is the self proclaimed original (very first) champion of KoF, his fighting style is unknown;

-Sylvie is a remnant of the secret organization NESTS, she uses electromagnetic powers, couldn't prove herself in NESTS time and is now running around in the fighting underworld

And now we look back on what was cool and see them as temporary trends, K is now shit on for being a debbie downer and ash is just completely removed. Don't you think it's a bad philosophy to keep making characters if they're just going to be thrown away or put in the back burner?

True but there are a lot of normal human characters that could still be in a KOF but they don't do it for some reason and that is the big question which I will kinda not be satisfied with

KOF was never a crossover of SNK characters?
DC is being shit on for doing continuity resets. Don't you think that is a bad example?

Why? Anyone who knows about Rock is going to know about Garou, Fatal Fury, etc, how will that muddy up the image of KOF or Garou?. Why does him specifically being in the game ruin the chances of a Garou being made, just because Terry is in KOF, it won't hurt his chances for being in a Garou game or a Garou game being made.

I made the thread first then posted it here, I didn't know my post would get this big. I don't see how that stops anyone from making a fighitng game general thread.

i like cute girls

Fucking SNK rused me again

New thread?

what shion the first time?

Fine, I'm making one. Just gathering some E3 footage of SFV, KOFXIV and Tekken7 to start anew.

Yes.

Here:

They don't have to. They weren't added for gameplay reasons. :^)
I imagine characters not connected with the main plot likely generate the most heated discussions among devs since it's the part where there's greater room for choices. Yamazaki and Mary would likely be connected to Geese but he already got Billy and Hein and there's already two FF teams in the game.
An user wanted to see a Mary/Vanessa/Lenny team which makes a lot of sense but that (or any other) would have to be added at the expense of a "filler team" already in the game - I'd say Mexico, South America, Another World and Villains fit that bill. Others like AoF, Ikari and SAIKO SOUJUUURA! (and maybe Kim now that he's no longer with C&C) might not add anything to the story but are mainstays always expected to be in.

White was a NPC boss on a obscure port of Real Bout and Grant's also a boss character (playable but likely not in competitive scenarios) so most players/fans don't care much about them. (I already said my dream team would be these two and Kain.)
In any case, fan polls are a commonality in Japan so they must be well aware of things.

I agree but it is what it is. All we can do is pester them. Hopefully we can get some actual new characters for DLC instead EX versions (Billy aside). And on the note, of XIII, I think part of why I'm complaining much about XIV is because the previous game had the safest, blandest roster in the series. Raiden and Hwa Jai were probably the only oddballs in the cast.

The only character I remotely like simply because his JP VA is a personal favorite and his theme is my favorite track in the SFV OST.

So vid related will be his fighting style as said before?
Also, that looks like the next Saigado doujin protag.

If that happens you can say Meitenkun sleeps around

NEW THREAD