Demon's Souls thread

Discuss best Souls game and where to farm chunks of Fainstone

How about finding Pure Bladestone? God fucking damnit, From, why?

Posting best boss. I loved invading people with the Monk's Hood, it turns it from a fight into a comedy

I found that to be really boring. Half the time the guy dies before making it to the bosses room after you sat there for 20 minutes waiting. The few times they actually made it to the boss it was a lot of fun but too much waiting. Should summon a person when they're closer to the room imo.

What the fuck were they thinking?
I gave up and duped the faintstone.

They never tried this in another game, did they?

Cool concept, but I don't think I've ever fought somebody that put up a strong fight, you'll get tougher invasions in 1-4.

They sort of tried something similar with the Looking-glass Knight in DaS2. So no, they never tried it again successfully.

While fighting the Glass Knight dude in Dark Souls 2, he would slam his magic mirror on the ground and an enemy player could come out.

Overall a bad idea though. It's either the boss gets impossibly hard, a new nuisance pops up, or the boss dies before they can use it.

Dark Souls tells you almost nothing at the start of each game, and even then is mostly vague with its lore even to the very end, meaning that you play without context for much of your first playthrough.

Demon's Souls has a simpler story, but it gives you all the context your actions need and its lore is mostly to add even more flavour to its places.

I feel a lot more fond of how Demon's Souls did it; I felt like I had no business knowing as little of the setting as I did in Dark.

I felt like in DS3 they tried to do the same thing and even went so far as to explain shit from DS1 (like Gwyn's son). I thought they did a decent job, but personally felt underwhelmed by the ending.

Imagine if the second form of a DS3 DLC boss is another player possessing the corpse of the boss you just killed.
But what are the chances of that happening?

For what purpose?

Fully disagree, I think the lore in Demon's Souls is even more open to interpretation, it just hasn't been discussed to death as much as Dark Souls as.

I don't think I'm even getting the DLC

This is honestly why I enjoyed DS3's storytelling the most of the Dark games. DS2 I appreciated that they were at least up front with how vague it was.

But Demon's Souls' up-frontness was motivating. You're here to stop the demons from taking over the world. You're going to have to use your very soul to do it. Slowly you learn more, like how greed has tempted you and others, the arcs that the other characters go through, etc. It's a lot more black and white, but for me that let it be both more horrifying and heroic.

The background lore, maybe, but the core points you need to know are given to you in perfect detail. You are never lacking for context where you need it for what you're doing, even if everything about Boletaria, Stonefang, the shadowmen, etc. isn't given perfectly crisp detail. For instance, I'm fine with knowing that the people in the Valley of Defilement were deprived exiles; that's all the context I need. To this day I can't tell you what was up with the Undead Burg.

Given all the Demon's nods in DS3, why they didn't do this is impenetrable.

Does anyone here ever invade in Demon's Souls? I feel like I am the only one who does at low levels, I prefer around 30

I just play offline. I don't think there's anyone even trying to invade at around NG+3

I think Demon Soul and Dark Soul have fundamentally different approaches to their respective worlds.

Demon Soul's world is in a state of active decay, rotten and crook. The fruit is still here mind you, with heroes, saints and common people trying to survive or roaming. All of it gives a vibe of a lively world that is currently being twisted in out by dark forces, the colorless fog.

Dark Soul however is a world with it's fruit fossilized already. The lands were once, maybe, something but its all legends now. Essentially its an empty world, with no gods, no dark forces, no people, nothing. No one is ruling might it be demon or monarch. So as the player you are a more lonely road, and solitary journey that in demon souls.

I find that in Demon Souls you always have a tingling sense of danger, and anxiety that you don't have in Dark Souls.

That's my explanation as to why everybody still praises its atmosphere to this day compared to the more recent Dark Souls entries

Not really. If I happen to be in soul form I mostly place a summon sign, but I can try like once invading. Since multiplayer is rare I prefer to help

Speaking of best Souls game, I really need to borrow my friend's copy of Bloodborne.

That's something that I don't know whether I preferred or not when it came to both games. In Demon's Souls, you have more agency to actually complete your quest since the world will be unfucked and you're a very important character; whereas in Dark Souls Specifically DS1 & 3 the world is completely fucked and even if you do succeed in linking the fire the world will just go to shit again either way, so it makes you wonder if it's even worth it to link the fire. I'm not saying that the way Dark Souls does it is inhertly worse, I just don't know if I prefer being some smuck desperately trying to hold off the world possibly ending or being a huge badass that saves a dying world.

why even live

I think DS3 tried that but fucked up with the DS1 aspects a lot.

eh. it does atmosphere on the same level as DMS, but bloodborne is a step below the best game in each aspect (Singleplayer, PVP, Group PVP, Invasions)
Also, lmaonopoise like DS3 makes pvp kind of shocking with 20 flasks and two top-tier weapon viabilities.
There's a fucking autist that spammed the shit out of every souls thread with "BLOODBURNES IS BEST XD" as if it didn't have a single flaw.
He's wrong.

Everybody does? Demon's Souls remains niche compared to Dark Souls, no one will shut up about Dark Souls' atmosphere. Can't even escape discussion of Dark Souls in a Demon's Souls thread.

Sounds like he isn't the only autist around here

Why are the Black Phantom Editions so expensive? Fucking hell.

Because they were limited edition. I imported one to the States back in the day because I'm credited in the strategy guide.

Are you saying Demon's Souls isn't worth 129.99 American dollars?

What?

I was a wiki moderator, and the admin of the wiki helped make the little strategy guide for the Black Phantom Edition and a bunch of other wiki people were credited in the back.

We're posting these now?

What? I have the Japanese strategy guide. Cost me like $2.00.

I'm only talking about the mini strategy guide book that came with the Black Phantom Edition.