PS4 NEO CONFIRMED

==THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN THEY ACTUALLY DID IT=
archive.is/tdeUx
"Turns out all the rumors and speculation surrounding a “high-end” PlayStation 4 were true after all. During an interview with Financial Times, President and Global Chief Executive of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House revealed that the “high-end PS4” would be more expensive than the current $350 version – no surprise there.
He then went on to say:

“It is intended to sit alongside and complement the standard PS4. We will be selling both [versions] through the life cycle.”

The new console, codenamed “Neo” as we know, is targeted towards hardcore gamers, House revealed, as well as players with 4k Televisions.
Sony is also seeking to introduce new services for consumers, such as: Vue internet TV and a PS Music partnership with the popular streaming company, Spotify.
Despite hopes that we would see the “Neo” at E3 this year, House revealed that Sony won’t unveil the console next week, after all.

“We want to ensure we have a full range of the best experiences on the new system that we can showcase in their entirety”.

One of mine, and many others main concerns were that the Neo would split the player-base and those with the original PS4 would be abandoned over time. Andrew House finally put those concerns to rest:

“All games will support the standard PS4 and we anticipate all or a very large majority of games will also support the high-end PS4″.

House also revealed that both the PlayStation Neo and the PS4 would support Sony’s upcoming PlayStation VR headset.
Another concern regarding the Neo was that it would cause problems for developers. After all, developing for both current-gen, PC and sometimes even last-gen can be quite the handful. Despite this, House offered some reassuring words. Developers should expect a “small but manageable” amount of extra work.
Finally, Andrew House assured that the new console and the upcoming PS VR headset would both be “standalone profitable at the time we launch it”. In the past, Sony has released products at a loss with the hopes that it would turn a profit in the long run."

Seems like they're aware of the possible issues, but I'm not very hopeful. I just hope games that are meant to run at 60fps are stable on the original PS4, only that they look prettier on the Neo. Another thing I wish for is more games including an option to prioritize framerate over graphics (like Nioh's demo did), then I wouldn't be concerned at all. A game can look like shit for all I care, I play CSS on the lowest settings on my potato.

The preemptive strike against Xbox Scorpio shows that Sony hasn't understood the situation they're in:
Console wars are over. The age of VR platform wars has begun. By beating the dead Microsoft horse they compromize their chance to win the coming war in which Microsoft is just the junior partner of their real competition, Facebook.

On one hand thank god that we won't see an effective monopoly, on the other hand, the unholy union of Microsoft and Facebook isn't what I'd call a healthy competition. Really hope we'll see another serious contender enter the race.

The only weapon against the jewing is the ability to opt for the lesser jew. Overton windows don't exist solely in politics.

There will be plenty of salt from these entitled twats.

In other words there won't be really any games improved by playing on the Neo. Most developers are fucking lazy and will only develop for the lowest common denominator (in this case the original PS4).

Who gives a shit?

$599 US DOLLARS
$599 US DOLLARS
$599 US DOLLARS
$599 US DOLLARS
$599 US DOLLARS
$599 US DOLLARS

Maybe this one will run (((games))) at 20 fps.

Its okay when Sony Does it

I don't feel like a loser for buying ps4.

I play only selected amount of games that will run on original in 30 fps anyway.

Of course, buyer's remorse is a terrible thing.

Unless they're adding a better CPU there's no point.

And this is why if you ever want to buy a console you wait till the end of it's life. That way updated versions don't fuck you over.

shameful

psn has no games

????

If the "leaked" specs can be believed which I doubt, 9 11 megahurts? Really? it's very close to Bloodborne machine 2.25. Exactly the difference in pixelcount between 720p and 1080p. What a coincidence.

Off by one as well, huh?

NEGATIVE GAMES

wew. I wonder if this one will be backwards compatible if it's for the "hardcore audience."

user the PS4 Neo is a dumb move, not a suicidaly dumb move. Less than 100% compatibility for a mid-gen upgrade would be beyond
TV! TV! TV!
levels of retarded.

Reminder that people are defending this right now.

What?

Going off of the difference in GFLOPS (supposedly around 4.14 GFLOPS vs. the current 1.84) that indeed is 2.25x the computing power, which is also the difference in pixel count between 720p and 1080p.

So yeah it does seem like the Neo should be powerful enough to handle a bump up in resolution in most games, but I have to wonder if most devs will even bother releasing updates for existing games to make sure they actually use the extra horsepower (just because the NEO has the extra grunt needed to run at 1080p at the same quality level doesn't mean existing games will suddenly output at 1080p native, and doesn't even mean they'll see an increase in framerate either without a patch).

Are you surprised? There is people here who bought the n3ds after all.

Who the fuck owns a fucking 4K TV?
Especially in this fucking economy?

Duplicating all of the functions of a standard PS4 in better hardware doesn't complement it, it obsoletes it. Who the fuck does he think he's fooling? That's like Nvidia trying to convince you that the GTX 1080 is totally just a complement to your old 580.

That's me. I know, critisizing something yet simultaneously choosing this exact thing as the right option for myself? Why?
Simple. It's the wrong move for Sony, not for me.

Nobody I know owns one. They're still far too expensive and there's still virtually no 4K content yet.

I also don't understand the obsession with the Neo and 4K. No games will ever output at that resolution (it'll be more what few 4K videos and movies there are out there and half of that content probably won't even ever be accessible on a PS4 anyway). The most we can expect to ever see coming out of the Neo games-wise is future games having a 1080p mode available if you're playing on a Neo (but most developers won't even bother adding this in when the baseline is the standard PS4 and adding a 1080p mode isn't likely to be worth the extra effort, and I don't see many devs releasing patches for existing games either to make use of the extra horsepower).

I like how the economy was in a better state 20 years ago but people were careful with what they bought.

no, you don't understand. it's stupider than that. He's saying he's going to buy it because he can get shitty games for cheap out of the bargin bin

The perfect option doesn't exist, everything is a compromise. That's the hardest lesson in growing up.

it's a luxury, not a need

How about just not buying it?

Also, just to clarify; Is the PS4 equally as Dead as the WiiU

Why would I not buy what's the best option for me? I don't have a problem with mid-gen upgrades. It's still a stupid decision to introduce it to consoles but Sony obviously still thinks Microsoft is a bigger threat than Facebook. Don't think they're right in this question, but I sure hope they are. Microsoft of today is cancer but it's the lesser cancer compared to Zuckerbergolus.

>Buys hardware and software locked game machine with incremental hardware
Compromise with your parents and myself by putting yourself in a fucking coma.

I called all of them kikes. That's what they are. There are no good guys, just bigger and smaller evils.

>when discussing how >I< spend >MY< money

In gaming they are from my perspective. From your perspective that may look different.

That's some next level kikery right there
Thank dog that I was smart enough not to buy any of the "next gen" consoles

wat?

Like, 2000 people own VR headsets, no one fucking cares.

Depending what you count as VR and what not, there are at least 50000 confirmed Vives plus an unknown number of Rifts and OSVRs out there, cardboard and GearVR included it's already in the millions.

If online MP costing money bothers you, you'll obviously have a different perspective from me who doesn't care about MP. Just to point to the most obvious example.

webm 1
webm 2

I was really hoping Sonyggers wouldn't defend this gay shit.

I hate the idea of incremental upgrades.

You buy a console and it is supported for 10 years.

At least Japanese games will still run on the basic model.
This PS4neo shit is for graphics whores and they should just game on PC and give Nvidia all their shekels.

That still doesnt make any fucking sense.
You're buying something that will eventually fuck you in the ass like the dumb fuck you are.
And defending it at that.

As dumb as Xbots and as loyal as Nintendrones.
They are easily the worse community of the Big Three

Out.

Your best option would be upgrading or building a PC if you don't have one. Not shelling out a ton of money on a console with no fucking games.
>>>/out/

Yeah, 50000 SHIPPED, not sold. It's a tiny, tiny fucking market that people just wanting to play vidya don't care about.

Reminder that Sonyfags continued playing Hardline and Battlefront for months because of no games.

PS4 is the dudebro normalfag console now.

This has got to be the stupidest business decision I have seen in the past ten years. No one is going to buy this shit. they should have just work around the ps4's limitation. Hell, maybe just make this an attachment for the ps4 if it really is that weak.

The game industry is finally going to crash when everyone follows through with this trend.

Yeah, it fucks you just as much as using a performance range GPU instead of a mainstream range GPU. The horror.

Look at the post responded to. Look what that post responded to. Reading comprehension sure is hard.

No faggot, look at the steam stats.

But the N3DS is actually good, faggot

True. I bought a PS4 for all the Japanese games but most will use it to play Western mainstream trash.

Can't wait for the first Neo exclusive and the fucking soniggers crying their eyes out because mommy didn't want to buy them one.

So they're basically putting out shitty locked down prebuilt PCs at this point?

I hope but goyim have reach a point where even the sheep are exploiting them for profit.

It would probably be a shitty first party movie.

Ha yeah you can compare it to the Steam machine. A PS4 is still much cheaper than a gaming PC though. Economy of scale.

Valve never subsidised the Steam machine either.

He has graying hair on his head. You realize hair doesn't all turn gray at the same time during the natural aging process, right? It's common for someone to have a graying beard but still retain their hair color.

WEW LAD

The whole point of consoles was ease of use and IT JUST WERKZ. The strong point of PCs were versatility and performance, while being harder to use. Going midway just doesn't seem like a great trade-off to me.

The n3ds is schlock. It's Nintendo's PS4 NEO except with shitty exclusives, the same terrible resolution, and a nub that barely qualifies as another joystick.

At least for the coming half-generation of PS4 Neo and Xbone Scorpio they are. We'll see if that turns out successful or if they'll shift back to the classical model with at best expensive for the manufacturer backwards compatibility. Didn't help Nintendo so it's a risky bet.

The performance boost is nice, but it only works on games that support it. So pretty much MH4U, MHX and eventually Pokemon Sun/Moon Black/White was DSi enhanced so they'll probably do the same here. Unless of course you want to play the shitty port of BoI Rebirth, but I don't know why you'd want to do that.
As for the buttons, ZL and ZR are nice because they make Kid Icarus: Uprising more playable. The nub is nice in theory but in MH4U it's only good for turning left and right. As soon as your thumb gets sweaty good luck moving the camera down. I just stop and use the dpad to move the camera when I'm using a bow/bowgun, because it's less fiddly.

If they wanted a proper New version they should have made it in the 2DS's form factor instead. That way they could use 2 fullsize stick things, and the cheaper production costs of the 2DS would offset the increased price a bit.

VR is DOA

So in other words the price of games are going to up. Again.
And yet another GTAV remaster that almost achieves what they promised the first remaster would at least until they finally fix the fucker when PS4 3.0 is released in 2 years time
Thanks Sony. For the shekels, right?

Nah, I'm quite sure we'll get more than just jiggle physics. You know From is on the dev list for PSVR, right?

Jesus Christ

So you've never touched it?

This is NeoGaf tier now

I own a ps4. its weak and dated. why would anyone be mad they made a better machine?

theyre not phasing out the old one.

maybe you guys misunderstand their market? its LITTERED with people who literally will trade in their console for one with star wars stuff stuck to it.

nobody was angry when they released a "cooler" ps4. so why would anyone be angry with them releasing a better one?

No, this is
I WANT TO STRANGLE THE FUCKERS AT PGI FOR KILLING MECHWARRIOR
tier. Nippon is the only hope left for /m/ankind.

I don't need to touch it to know the specs, Einstein.
And just because you can hack it doesn't change the fact that the n3ds only increases performance on a few select games. Hacking has absolutely nothing to do with the intrinsic usefulness of the n3ds regarding what it offers.
If you're only going to spew non-arguments, don't even bother responding.

It's going to be an attachment. It's not going to be a console in itself, it's going to hook up to the PS4 to supplement it.

So, by that merit - their 4K claims might not be bullshit.

Facial hair grays slower than scalp hair.

If the facial hair is gray then the scalp hair is most certainly gray. This is because facial hair is darker than scalp hair.

People dump $400 buckaroos on a new phone thats only slightly better than their old one every year just so they can pretend they have money to burn, why not drop another $400 3 years after the PS4 launched for one that can actually do 1080p?

Because the PS4 isn't a status symbol across the globe like an iphone. Third worlders have the latest iphone.

The individual he was replying to was using a feminist buzzword, how is he the same for saying that HE wants to spend HIS fucking money intelligently?

That's still embarrassing and easy to be smug over.

Nope, overpriced hot garbage. I already own all the games worth owning on the 3DS so homebrew isn't of any interest to me right now.
Wew.

You can force the clock speed to work for O3DS games, dumbass.

How is stating facts a non-argument?

Let me translate that into the tech reality this most likely means:
Same as with GPUs. A GTX 1070 isn't produced as a GTX 1070 chip, it's a GP104 chip like on the GTX 1080, it just isn't fully operational at GTX 1080 clocks/ with all SMs active. That's called a salvage part.

Wrong.
Even wronger
Still wrong
The only downside to the entire thing, but do you really not have $5 for a charger off of ebay?

The Vita doesn't have games.

Is it even instigating console wars to just say that all of the consoles are just fucking horrible right now?
I don't feel like that's an inflammatory statement.

video games are shit right now user. its almost impossible to get an experience without some bullshit.

Steam, PS4, Wiiu, and Xbone all offer shit experiences. some may be better than others, but its like shit with ketchup on it vs shit covered in sugar.

I dunno, I can download and emulate a lot of old games without any bullshit.

Denuvo is literally the only downside to PC if you arent a fucking idiot and that will soon be over.

Everything is horrible right now. We've grown up with faith in Moores Law but it's fucked, tech progresses at a snails pace compared to what we're used to expect. The first i7 outperforms todays i3s after how many years?
Shit's globally fucked.
And the light at the end of the tunnel is just the approaching train.

Guess that's H8/v/ after several exodi.

I dunno if I'd consider it much of a downside…

Absolutely all of this was true when comparing the 3DSXL to the newly released New 3DS, the XL has larger battery life than the o3DSXL however.
Then you have stupid shit like SD cards being locked behind screws instead of flaps.

Correction, it has even more games. The "Vita has no games" meme is fucking retarded.
The fact that I don't have to homebrew my phone, to access a shit ton more emulation options than the 3DS can handle is an immediate plus.

Fuck off, go be a Sony nigger on Neofag.

What the fuck am I reading?

Kek
To be honest, Just Cause 3 and Total WaWa are pretty alright

stopped reading there, this product is not for me, i value my money too much

Steam is a piece of shit. and thats not even starting to get into the amount of bullshit you have to go through when playing a non pirated PC game.

talking about current games.

WHY THE FUCK IS SO MUCH SHIT HAPPENING TODAY?

Current games? Yeah, like how I can currently go download a Spyro game and play it in 10 minutes.
As far as I know, I can't do that on a playstation. How shameful that a PC has more backwards compatibility than a later version of a given console.

Do you think gamestop will have a trade in?

TRADE YOUR PS4 AND GET 20$ CREDIT

Hows that different from current consoles?
You even have profiles you have to login to.

that's being generous as shit
you'd get an easy $15 if you include the cords and a controller.

Compare heavily multithreaded recent releases. Modern i3 is better for emulation though, but nowhere as much as could be expected by processors so far removed in age as in the time before Moores Law stopped being true.

Of course not, consoles are in a dire state, Overselling promises, endless rehashes, lack of support (Wii U). I think the only system that actually delivered on what was promised was xbone because it was obvious it was going to be shit when it was revealed.
As far as consoles are concerned this gen is absolute cancer and last gen wasn't much better.
A lot of my passion for gaming has just gone, the industry is just another multimillion dollar shitshow with fanbases of cancerous fuckwads, Though maybe it's always been like that and it's just now that I'm old enough to realise.

GoyimStop is still revelant?
I thought most people just bought games at big retailers at this point.

i bought a little sister funko pop from them recently because retailer exclusive, shit was packed with normalfags and kids.

The only time I've gone into Gamestop in the last 6 years was to sell off almost all of my Xbox 360 games.
Normally, I'd never sell my vidya, but…

I don't regret it. Only got like $60, too.

"PC is just as shit as current consoles!" wow, you sure showed me. except youre missing a few steps. probably because youre so cucked you dont even count these as steps anymore.

play uninhibited until either the applciation has to update, or the game. hope you dont get banned and lose your entire game library that you paid for but dont own :^)

vs

NEVER BE BOTHERED AGAIN

Four lines in and you already fucked up, user.

playing modern games. nigga you gay

You can't say that and not post the image.

This is a one time thing, required for most retail stores in which you'd purchase a game from.
The vast majority don't unless it's an MMO or some old EA shit.
Just trying to be fair here, I'm totally on your side when it comes to just pirating most games. Steam a shit.

even consoles arent as shit as steam, but make no mistake. theyre still shit.

still gay, but it usually ends here.

for the record, i dont have steam installed on my PC.

yes, but for me its something i would have to do because i dont have steam, and i never will. though they do make you login to it more than once if it updates, and the application will most certainly have to update more than once.

Despite Steam's popularity, it doesn't have a stranglehold on your video games. Most games on Steam can be bought elsewhere, usually without DRM.
Especially for indie games, they almost always sell their game on their own website.

What if you want multiplayer? If im right most games nowadays require steam. And for other (older) games, people mostly can't be bothered to set up servers, or do some sort of vpn lan.

youre right. though most people dont do this. and most indie games are trash.

remember the butthurt because "hatred" wasnt going to get a steam release? people panicking because the idea of getting a game outside of steam was unthinkable for them. didnt they even get a petition going to get it on steam?

i cant recall a game company selling an actual good game outside of some kind of horrible system. any suggestions? havnt bought a game for my PC since pic related

I don't, so that's really a question to ask someone else.

I never had to log in unless I had spent to much time in offline mode.
Dude, proprietary hardware and fucking software. Stop reaching, you don't need much to prove Steam is shit, just say DRM and Valve kikery. Consoles will always be worse than even one of the PC's many store options.

Most multiplayer games are ass, so simply ignore them and get on fan projects for older games.

Go back to wherever you came from (probably Reddit judging by the formatting) would be mine.

I get that people may dislike mp of some or all games but its still shit that a stupid program eats up a whole aspect of a game and binds you to use it.

Is Steam a fucking demon now?
What does this even mean?

I agree that hardware is pretty stagnant, but holy shit, how hard were you ripped off for you to blow it way out of proportions like that?

I had a Game once, then it closed down 6 years later, only one in the whole country too.
Last time I went to GoyStop I was in Burgistan, my underage cousin needed Ninty Eshop money for whatever the fuck so I went to a mall nearby as an excuse to have a smoke, saw two pairs of child/parent, pretty empty and the mall was full since it was Saturday.

I dunno, just havent had any experiences with it, barely know about it besides the awful organization and ambient.

Jesus Christ, how ignorant are you?

What the fuck

I meant Steam multiplayer services

The only thing that matters is two things:
After that you can still pirate if you want, the only big problem with Steam is the big chunk of money they get out of sales. We don't need a mediator, much less a mediator that burns the money instead of doing something good with it (Steam Customer Service anyone?). Valve should be financing developers and publishing games in their platform, but instead they keep being kikes.

Not once did I have an issue with Gamespy. What was wrong with them?

Daily reminder that Matrix Revolutions was shit, and Path of Neo had a better ending.

First you fought Giga Smith, then We Are The Champions played over the credits.

Not at all, but look at any other 9 year period. The younger low end cores rammed their older flagship into the ground instead of competing in the same league. All the bitching about consoles just obscures the fact that the expected gains just aren't happening anymore, nowhere. Shit's fucked.
And that's my last word for today, see y'all next thread.

pretty sure these were only required for online play, whereas steam is required for single player.

you say that like those are inherently bad things.

Jesus christ, has anyone who's said this ever tried to play a single player steam game offline?

I absolutely love how they address the PS4 owners they're fucking over. "You can sit this new one right next to it guys! It's only 600 more dollars to spend!"

Kill yourself, and quit pretending that you play vidya on PC.

hey retard, just because youre not logged into steam, doesnt mean you dont have to install it.

think you can run that game after uninstalling steam? give it a try.

I don't understand.
Are you saying that steam is required for single player games because I have to install it through steam? The way I paid for it?
Presumably, if I buy a game on steam, then I am already logged in. What the fuck?

Why would anyone actually buy this though?
There's no way any third party dev would make games exclusively for the console with a lower install base and Sony has no first party team to even push exclusives for the Neo.
So there's no fucking point in buying it. The only people who will get fucked over are the retards who will actually buy the Neo.

you dont know what inherently means user. go look it up. reread my post. then try again.

Buy up all of the PS4s so we can release the updated console. We dont want a 360 360 slim issue.

No really….it is like a sega CD or a 32X You can connect them together for quad power! YEAH thats the ticket!!

At least those had games that were fun.

All the fun of upgrading your PC without that modular shit. Sony does it again.

Oh you…

Nope not a fan of ps4 neo either.

I just want a console that gets games for ten years at a single payment.

Everything is fire.

It doesn't "just werkz" anymore when games run 30fps and are interactive movies and 90% is either that or indie games that could run on a toaster.

"Just werkz" was an argument back in the days when there were exclusives left and right, because said exclusives ran perfectly on the console. At least relatively perfect by those days standards, in the sense that PCs at that time could not run Metal Gear Solid. It was PS1 exclusive for years until PCs caught up.

Now consoles don't have that leverage anymore, because they can't make them affordable enough to appeal to casuals and their budget.

By that I mean they can't make them affordable and still have leverage over PCs.

Forget about old days life-cycle of consoles. Those days are gone.

Half this thread is everyone calling everyone else a faggot.

Faggot

SONYGGERS

Why is so much shit happening today?

You forgot Gordie Howe died too.

Did they decide not to show it at E3 because they found out Microsoft wasn't going to show theirs at E3?

This is how consoles die.

One of the current(and only) advantages to console gaming was the fact that the people you were playing against never had any kind of hardware advantage over anyone else. Everyone was playing at the same frame rates and everyone's rig was of the same caliber. It was as level of a playing field as possible when it came to online gaming in regards to FPSs and other online games. That's gone now.

Fuck you Sony and fuck you Microsoft. You just killed off an era.

Mark's grandfather died?

It's true user.

Maybe you're young and didn't know this but games used to come with installers. GOG still gives you those. You can throw them on a flashdrive or upload them to the cloud for storage.

Try to remove Steam and play your game.

Nigger, what?

Online console gaming and FPS games is a last gen addition. Nobody gave a shit about that stuff on consoles previously.

The sooner those cancerous faggots who will pay to play analog FPS fuck off out of console gaming, the sooner it can start to heal.

They both look pretty similar tbh fam.

Goddammit.

It's OK little buddy, you're still somewhat relevant on this obscure Taiwanese pottery forum.

I'll concede that I was wrong about Steam removing your games if you uninstall it.
But what's stopping me from just copying my games to an external hard drive? It's not like it can erase those files, and I should still have all of the steam authentication files required to play them.

And yes, I remember installers. I used one last week, they're not exactly hard to find.

Wew lad. What a waste of dubs.

Got me there. Last gen didn't have that though on the PS3, only retards actually bought PSPlus since it wasn't needed to actually play any games. You can blame Microsoft for that bullshit.

Turn it off in the options if it's that big of a deal to you. Auto-rotation is the thing that's actually the built in aimbot though.

Correct.

What's with the reddit bullshit? You aren't here to be respected and pampered, so no passive aggressive shit. Faggot

Well it has better 3d eye grab, it was a good upgrade if you only had a beaten 3ds/3dsXL or maybe a 2ds already.

I like my N3ds, since i didnt have a 3ds before.

Doesn't work for most games (like 99 percent).
You need to launch the games though Steam. That is why people call Steam DRM.

What a bunch of kikes.

I don't know if it's because my hair is thinning but that hasn't been my experience at all

Explain my brown hair and ginger beard

Ehehehehehheeheheh I geddit

That's because your mother smoked meth.

No, the people who paid for PSPlus are to blame. If PSPlus had been a failure they wouldn't have dared to make it mandatory. Never blame a company for offering the least amount of product for the highest price they can reap, they have to or someone else will take over their market.

Not actually thing. MOST shooters on consoles have auto-aim that cannot be deactivated, "at best" lessened. And without assist or with less of it the awful lack of precision on analog sticks just becomes even more apparent. Analog sticks are simply not up to the task of letting you control a camera fast. Slow panning motions for muh cinematic trailers are all they'll ever be good for.

Yep.

Cosmetic improvements are not the same as hardware improvements; That's why people are angry.

I don't give a shit about this as much as some people do since I play on PC, but when consolefags buy a console, they do so confident in the belief that this kind of shit won't happen for another 8 or so years.

This is it Holla Forums. This is the dead of consoles, Sony and Microsoft officially make pre-built PCs now they are no different from Alienware.

Logic says both the scorpio and the neo will bomb because why would you spend another 499 bucks on a 4k blueray player. Anyway expect the opposite because console warriors love to get the dick deep their ass.

Makes me glad I have a PC, at least I can upgrade my PC how I want and I assume the vanilla PS4 will drop price soon after the Neo is out.

Man feels good to have a PC.

You can turn it off in Battlefield, and that's the only shooter I play. And complaining about controllers on consoles nowadays is as irrelevant as complaining about controllers on PC. If you don't like it, use mouse and keyboard on your console. It's an option.

The "old" already had a price drop recently so i wouldn't hope in another one now, what I'm counting on are rich kids with almost unused ps4 full of digital games, they'll surely be the first ones in line to buy the neo version while selling the old one dirty cheap because they don't know the value of money. That's how i bought both my 3ds and wii u.

Gee sure smells like summer in here

I don't get it. Why are people complaining about this and saying that this is the death of consoles? Consoles do this all the time. Hell, IIRC, the whole reason the planned Stop 'n' Swap feature between those old N64 Rare games were cut was because there was a hardware revision in the N64's lifetime.

I hope you like your nee iPhone/N3DS.
Now on your TV

Wasn't Stop 'n' Swap scrapped because the release version of the N64 was different from the devkit ones?
Personally I wouldn't mind a console upgrade system like the N64's Expansion Pak. You don't need a new console or anything, just get a cheap module and stick it in. Too bad it isn't as good at raking in money as selling a new console.

PC gamers always predict the death of consoles.

Apparently this would somehow be great for gaming because all those 60 million console owners would suddenly build their own PC and Gabe the Jew will lead us all to somewhere beyond the heavens.

It's a prophesy foretold in one of the dead sea scrolls that was hidden when the Romans raided Jerusalem.

GabeNurgle is responsible for a large part of the market degenerating.

That happened only once.
Normally it's something like 4-5 years I think.
People are pissed tthat shit gets swaped after 3 yeaars with the bloodbornestation nothing to show for than Bloodborne.

I really hope fucking Sony fails with this, but knowing how fucked Soniggers are I somehow doubt it.

Those screws cracked the backplate of my new 3ds.

I don't even know if Stop 'n' Swap would logically work even if the N64 didn't get changes made to it.

Sometimes It takes at least 4-6 tries to get a game to boot up. So I'd imagine it'd get annoying if you screw that up while the console is already on and waiting.

>Its PC gaymurs overreacting just like the Xbone Always Online
Good goy

Yes, let's all get mad.
Because we aren't when there's a new new Nintendo x3DSiXL 2u two months after the release of the ultra new Nintendo x3DSiXL 2.
Because we aren't when there's a iPhone Ultra Super New 3c 67-ex Slim four months after the release of the iPhone Ultra Super New 2c 67-ex Slim.
Because we weren't last gen when the fucking Elites, Slims, Pros, Definitive editions, Minis got released.
Or when the PSP Go was released. But that may be because no one ever purchased one. Or the original PSP.

Let's all get very mad.

People should have been and probably were
You seriously mean to tell me you haven't seen the shit apple and the hipster faggots who buy their garbage phones every year get? Get the fuck
>>>/out/
Elites, slims didn't come with upgraded hardware, barring the inclusion of a built in wifi module (360s) and a larger hard drive, which you could buy separately anyway.
Definitive editions have always been grade A cancer and anyone supporting them needs to kill themselves.
I've said this before, PSP models that came after the original one came with increased RAM and (if I remember correctly) a faster processor and games designed for the later models didn't run properly on original models. That kind of kikery was unacceptable then and it's unacceptable now. "It's ok because ___ does it" is not a valid excuse. I own a PS4 and this shit is just greed, plain and simple.
Nice shitpost

The New 3DS is just as bad as the PS4 Neo. It's what the 3DS should have been from the start.
iPhones are released yearly. If you want to properly compare it to the Neo imagine Apple releases a new phone 6 months after the last one, when nobody expected it.
The elite/slim/other consoles are different because they use different parts, not better parts. The PS4 already has a few revisions, the only difference is where Sony sources their parts from. The PS3 Slim and 360 Elite were made because the original versions were prone to fucking up.
The PSP Go isn't stronger than the 2000 or 3000. The only PSP with different performance is the 1000, but AFAIK there aren't any games that don't run on it.

You got me. Let's not waste this post and talk about older devices for a bit

Old computer made by Sinclair or Timex in the US I think. Original had 16k of RAM, but later revisions bumped it to 48k, 96k and 128k. You needed later versions to play better games, but the Spectrum was the cheapest home computing option at the time. Some versions came in kits you had to solder yourself, and I think you can replace the RAM chip with a newer one for more memory. Think of it like the New 3DS or PS4 Neo.

Old computer made by Commodore. It's the "slim" version of the Amiga 1000, and is much cheaper. It's got an expansion bay in the bottom where you can attach things. Most common upgrade is the trapdoor RAM expansion, which ups the RAM from 512kb to 1mb. A lot of games need it, but at least you don't need a new computer for it. Think of it like the Nintendo 64

Technically the "New" version of Sega's SG1000. The SG1000 was only released in Japan, but luckily the Master System can play all it's games.

Everyone knows these already, No need to explain

Anyone else have examples of old tech with new upgrades?

It's not that they don't run, they just don't run well. The best example is GTA Chinatown Wars, textures and models took fucking ages to load on 1000 model PSPs plus frame rates were all over the place. I think Resistance suffered from a similar issue.
I suppose you could count the Game Boy/Colour/Advance. Did the Mega Drive (Genesis) 2 have upgraded specs? I can't remember if it did or not.

Nigger what?

the N3DS is shit and Nintendo shit all over their fanbase with it

It's like all the shitty add-on crap they make (hello e-reader) that receives two new titles and then gets buried….and the NX will probably bury it next year

also let's play panel lottery to see if we get an IPS screen…..Nintendo is fucked

are you a person figuratively messing with me?

not as much of a jew as the guy that bought and downloaded all those games, went offline and refunded it.

Again:
Explain to me how the GBA wasn't a GBC Mk.2
I owned both, in fact I still have both there was barely any difference between them. There was only significant advancement when the DS came along.

What the fuck am I reading?

Hardcore gamers never payed any to consoles, PC is where its at.

Why not just pirate?

Are you trolling right now?

You might as well say the SNES was just NES Mk.2

Just look at the specifications of the two handhelds.

The GBA was a 32 bit console and the GBC was an 8 bit one.

The GBA had six times the VRAM of the GBC

The GBA processor was over twice the speed of the GBC

The GBA cart could hold up to 32 times more data than a GBC cart

We're living in an era full of paid shills, quite literally. Do not assume these comments are sincere, especially the first batch and those with thousands of upboats.

Its just a big fuck you to every customers face.

A lot of people will do it for free, though. It's the era of the easily offended, and people will scream up and down the internet to defend their financial decisions.

Better example is probably the jump from GBC (Classic) to GBC (Color).

Actually, that's a bit incorrect.
The ARM7TDMI on the GBA is able to execute a instruction per cycle, while the Z80 on the GBC takes 4-8 cycles to execute a single instruction.
Which means the GBA CPU is at very least 10 times faster, if you don't count the usefulness of the instructions where the ARM7 instructions again trounce the Z80 ones.

Also you skipped the video chip.

Holla Forums here, the GBA uses an ARM processor with a Z80 coprocessor for backwards compatibility and other things. The GBC just has a Z80, and the original has a similar off-the-shelf processor. To simplify it the GBA had a new processor with new technology for the time, and they upgraded from an old 8 bit chip. Kinda like how the SNES was a step up from the NES.

Of course by this logic the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U are the same thing but better, but that's because technology isn't fun anymore and weird new architectures aren't worth it anymore.

I'll be honest I was, it was a boring Saturday night/Sunday morning so I thought I'd have a bit of fun. I apologise,
Please accept some animu thighs in way of recompense.

If you're going to shitpost, commit to it. Carry all the way through and apologize for nothing. You disgust me.

It was my first time user, at least I triggered someone

>>>/cuckchan/

No, apologizing for shitposting is cuckchan

Yeah bud, try playing a racing game or a sports game with a keyboard
There's some fun examples

How about not shitpost at all assmad autist?

Shitposting is cuckchan
We used to shitpost in very minimal ways on shit/joke threads, not in every damn thread

Yeah this makes sense

i was initially happy to hear this because it would mean i could probably find a cheap ps4 faster, but then i realized that it would literally just be a bloodborne machine until ace combat 7 came out. every other game i have any interest in is either getting a vita port or might end up getting a pc port.

this whole gen is so fucking dismal. it's been 2 and a half years, and by the time this new piece of shit comes out, it will probably have been 3 years. the only thing that would make it seem justifiable would be if ps4 piracy was suddenly blown wide fucking open, and even then i'd have to find one for a hundred bucks or so.

Gee I'm sure all the PS4 fans will sure be happy their brand new console is obsolete and now they can't play every ps4 game to come out.

They'll be able to, but at an absolutely shite framerate.

What the fuck, your pic, why would anyone do that? Jfc.

Meant for

Don't.
PC games haven't improved since Postal 2.

They also say that not all games will be compatible with the Neo but they all will be compatible with the baseline PS4. So yeah, anyone buying this shit is a moron, the only exception that I can think of is if someone is into VR and the baseline PS4 has motion sickness inducing framerates for VR while the Neo is fine.

Wew lad.

Same here. Not only did Nintendo move the SD slot to behind the backplate for the sole purpose of annoying homebrewers/pirates, they even made the backplate the lowest quality piece of the entire fucking system so it's near-guaranteed to crack if you remove it more than say, ten times.

What this user is saying is true.

now the downsides
Both of these were done by Nintendo specifically to fuck with homebrewers/pirates
and this was done because they're ludicrously jewish

So in the end, the only people who truly got fucked are the early adopters. n3DSXL is a flat upgrade for the same price, but Nintendo's stance is
if you already have an old model. AKA leave it to Jewtendo to do a full price expansion rerelease typical of a Japanese videogame but for hardware instead. Now Sony it's going to try pulling the same shit because they saw that it worked.

No.
And pls don't come back.

post yfw the only console you bought this gen was a wii u

No I was talking about how PC gamers, like the insane cultists that they are, immediately show up in any console discussion predicting the death of consoles and try to convert console gamers to PC gaming.

You can see this happening in this fucking thread you moron.

I know it's pointless. Self-awareness is at an all time low.

So 350+400-500 dollars? Sounds like a good deal to me.

A three year old phone gets exactly the same apps as the latest Nexus or Galaxy. We'll see how it works out with the PS4neofag.

One of the principal strengths of console gaming is a single spec for devs to target for the duration of 5-10 years. Sony just killed it.

I liked how people said that the Wii U not being 8th gen was true because Nintendo is releasing the NX. Sony and Microsoft would never make a new console so quickly after-oh wait.

What the fuck are you talking about?
We're telling people to not buy this shit so it doesnt kill consoles, but some are already predicting that normalfags will eat this shit up.
Whats the point of owning a fucking console when it longer offers the benefits of one?
Might as well get a fucking PC then.

Sure is, journo dicksucker, just like GodHand.

Riiiiidge Raaaceeer HD Rerelease Remaster Complete Edition Collection

literally Sega 32X 2: Sony Boogaloo

It's an edgy game with some fun stuff, but it's hot garbage on a plastic dumpster platter.
Hit detection is fucking atrocious, and so are the hitboxes.

the ps3 was intentionally hard as shit to program for because sony thought devs would make games for the ps3, and because it was so different from pc or 360, they wouldn't bother porting it, making ps3 games "exclusive" by circumstance. at least that's what i've read.

what i see happening here is that they'll pressure devs to lower the quality of standard ps4 games to make the neo edition look better.

It's really scary how accurate this sounds.

Yeah, only an entitled twat would get mad that they spent a few hundred dollars on something only to find it completely obsolete.

It's good to be cheap.

Always.

All fixed now, kill yourself famalam

No I own the newest version, it's fucking terrible. The crosshair is huge and nothing but the shotgun shoot where you want and there's nothing to compensate for it, it's just RNG. Probably the most inept use of Unreal Engine I've ever seen.
Gameplay was and still is hot steamy garbage.

$ONY

What do you expect from Nihonese Jews?

It really doesn't play that well, if I'm honest. It amuses me in a big middle finger to jack Thompson kind of way, but it's not really that great as an actual game.