So place your bets, how will Bungie fuck up this time?

So place your bets, how will Bungie fuck up this time?

I dont think aynone expects anything good, why would you?

So the question is not will they fuck up, but how catastrophic will their fuck ups be this time around?

Other urls found in this thread:

halostory.bungie.org/staten102204.html
teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13083-forgegate-the-truth-behind-the-community-cartographers-lies/
archive.is/T9AkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I forgot this game existed, fuck you OP

It`s fucking bungie, they are serial fuck-uppers, nothing will work out for them anymore, ever

It doesn`t even worth the discussion really

After all their build up i find a perverse pleasure in their constant failures user.

It doesn't matter what they do as long as it sells copies. Doesn't matter if it's worth playing for any length of time or at all as long as it sells copies.

Theres always the meathead screamer streamer "influencers" that will shill it to their personal sealion spawning pools that make up their audiences but i think most folks are just too burnt on it.

I mean shit i see more positive buzz around fucking wildstar and that game is down to 10,000 subscribers and failing fast.

As someone who has played this quite a bit, i can tell you for sure they will fuck up.
I'll list some of the shit bungie has pulled with destiny

Bungie is amateurs, stay away

Looks like shit.

And those legs look retarded.

Bungie has always been shit. They were just extremely fortunate enough to have the backing of Microsofts fantastic marketing department. Without their help everyone can finally see Bungie for what they really are: a bunch of incompetent hacks.

Das is richtig jay!

Marathon is just hipster halo.

To this day I still dont get whats so funny about pretending to be a retard outside griefing.

its not like you have to pretend ;)

Just like most if not all AAA companies

Hi Reddit

what are they doing now?

House of Wolves and The Taken King were both really good. The problem is that right after The Taken King came out they set everyone to work on Destiny 2 and Destiny barely got any updates since, and the one good update they did (sparrow racing) was only live for a couple of weeks. I'm sure we're only getting another Destiny expansion because they had to start over development of Destiny 2 for some reason.

The game desperately needs a new raid and this expansion will have one, but by this time last year we already had one new raid and a whole new endgame with Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris. Now it will be an entire year before anything really changes or gets added to the game.

No user, YOU are the hipster!

The level design in Marathon is fuckawful, literal corridor shooter, enemy variety is crap, the mouse control is some of the worst I've seen and the lack of dedicated weapon hotkeys is fucking retarded. The story was interesting though and I really liked the momentum based punch damage.

Marathon really is just Halo for hipsters. They care more about the cred they get for liking a more obscure title by Bungie than actually playing the crappy game.

Marathon is as much corridor shooter as Douk, please consider suicide.

then why do you do it?

agreed user, they were going to shoot all their enemies into the sun with a giant slingshot and rule the world, but alas that all went to shit.

loooooooool a bungie cord get it?

What the game desperately needs is a fucking story.

2 years later and still no explanation on who you (the character you choose) really are, where you (character) are from, or why the Destiny universe is so fucking empty.

Kill yourself fam.

What happened to the wizard that came from the moon?
lol

I dont

I shouldnt be surprised though, most people here not only bought a Next Gen console but they also bought Destiny.

Marty formed his own studio with another former bungie dev (but nobody huge) called highwire games, they are making a psvr title called Golem. Doesn't look good but i'm sure the music will be and will listen to the soundtrack

Staten went back to MS and is in some important position I forget the name of which is basically guiding and managing all their franchises. He sadly has no direct involvement with Halo beyond any other franchise in particular, but he did write a novella for it last year that follows the elite shipmaster from 2/3 after the events of Halo 3 called Shadow of Intent.

I have no clue what jason is up to.

marathon is a corridor shooter, but this is a distraction from the point.

The level design is just awful in the series.

Duke Nukem 3D is also not a corridor shooter.

I really don't care about any of the story shit getting cut. After you play the game for a long time the story missions might as well not exist, you just do them to unlock the strikes and raids then never touch them again unless it has a secret in it when it's the daily heroic, like the missions for getting Black Spindle, No Time to Explain and Sleeper Simulant.

I wanted to ask about Halo since I've never actually played the series at all. At most all I know of it is a few multiplayer videos and that the forge makes for some fun custom matches. Otherwise I know jack shit about Halo. Are the first two games worth playing for singleplayer? I've been wanting a good singleplayer FPS for a while now and Doom mods just don't really cut it for me anymore.

No, just the first one

Yes, but not the remasters.

having trouble understanding it? It is, it's also not a good game.

Before you do anything, only the first game came out for pc and the second one was a fucking vista exclusive that i have no idea whether or not it works on any other OS, everything else is console shit.

Destiny was hilarious.

A story in an online shooting game? That NEVER works for various reasons. Why did they even bother. It cost them a lot of money and nobody gives a shit.

It's like Warcraft. Most players don't know anything about the lore nor do they care.

it works on win7 and up, but requires a lot of fucking with apparently.

Honestly I think you're better off just playing the games on a console.

You're not even trying, bunch of goddamned underage newfags

Doom is a corridor shooter :^)

at times, it can be, sure, but overall the level design is far better than marathon. better weapons and enemies too.

So I guess I'll just play the first then, thanks

You know, I hate to ask for more but are there any singleplayer FPSs that play like Tribes

Besides Tribes Vengeance because I've played that a lot, just anything with above average movement speed and with verticality/jetpacks. Not quake because I've never managed to get myself to like quake no matter how many times I've played it.

Fuck out of here

smh tbh famalamadingdong

Do you drink PBR and live in Portland bro?

If you have an xbox one, you should get the Master Chief Collection.

Corridor shooter doesn't mean FPS set in interiors, completely or partially.

The term was coined in the 90s, to describe WH40K shooters where no cover or geometry existed between you and the enemy. You were literally standing in front of each other in a room\hallway, relying on quick reflexes and superior firepower.

Then the Halo generation came up, and started accusing actual good games of being set too much in interiors instead of cinematic skyboxes.

I assume if I had an xbox360/one I'd already have played Halo because that's all the system has going for it besides some xbla titles in my opinion.

This is the equivalent of going "really?" or "I can't even right now". You haven't done anything to disprove the fact that Marathon is a corridor shooter and a really poor one at that aside from the story and speed punchan.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MARKETER

I bet the macfag got so buttflustered hes going to write a fucking essay now.

Not many I can think of, but if you want some more good games from the same Era Starsiege and Battlezone are pretty great.

Theres also an independent company thats making a spiritual successor called Midair, dont know if it is or will be good or not.

Are you retarded? When did I ever imply that?

Kill yourself famalama dingdong

Wait for the Microsoft E3 conference, maybe they'll release the MCC on PC.

:D

Yeah I know of midair, my heart is aching for it to be good. At least I know for a fact it won't be C&D'd by Jewrez.

If it's not too much trouble do list those games, please.

why are they all on stilts?
are they insecure about their height?
fucking manlets

Well like other anons have said the only title available to you on PC is Halo:CE (highly recommend though) other then you'd need a 360 to play 2,3,ODST, and Reach which are all solid titles in my opinion. Story wise you don't need to bother with 4 or 5.

When is 343 going to kill Gaylo_

No man, you know how like pirates have a wooden leg? These are double space pirates

oh
MY
GOD

When people lose interest. At this point it's still a viable multiplayer platform for the people who actually bought an xbone.

2 is fucking hot garbage

Never

They are too busy killing the xbone

I KEEP FORGETTING

nice hypothesis but if you take a second look at the picture you will notice there's no parrots.

The first one (halo:CE) was extremely fun, and had a lot of those nice details that only people who love games would put in there (story is great, multiplayer was a blast with huge lan parties).
halo2 had some of the flair of the first one, but in summation it felt as if it was a diluted version of the first with a shitty coat of paint to make up for less quality in actual execution of the story they built up in the first (multiplayer was fun, but story fell flat compared to the books).
It's worth it if you enjoyed the first one, but in all honest just read the books if you like the story of the first one as that's way more satisfying.
the books are way better than the games in terms of story + execution of the story, that is, any written by eric nyland are fucking brilliant

sadly, not anytime soon.

The level design in Marathon is a massive failure, a literal corridor shooter with no thought put into flow or navigation. Just nonsensical string of rooms. The inability to quickly switch between weapons with hotkeys severely limited them on encounter design, not to mention the pathetic enemy types that fail to provide interesting gunplay. Every encounter is a complete mess, like they just closed their eyes and threw darts at a board to determine which enemies to group together and where. There's a reason why DOOMs mod community is still thriving like crazy while nobody cares about Marathon modding despite also having an open source port and mod tools. Hell they still haven't figured out how to give Aleph One proper mouse support lol.

DOOM constantly forced the player to switch between weapons, not just before a fight but during it as well. Target prioritization, which weapon to use, where to move, herding, how to dodge which attacks, and what distance to keep while dealing with a group of enemies all played a part during encounters. Whereas in Marathon every encounter boils down to just pointing and clicking whatever weapon you had equipped at the time in their general direction of samey enemies since they couldn't count on quick weapon switching and had no thought put into encounter design at all outside of that. The level layout of DOOM was incredibly varied and easy to get your bearings in, it also gave you incentive to move through showing you items you needed to progress but couldn't get to yet, Marathon on the other hand had a ton of samey looking and forgettable hallways, the map is necessary to use because they're so poorly put together. All you need to do to see my points are valid is play the first level of DOOM and then the first level of Marathon back to back. The difference is like night and day. At their absolute peak Bungie has been nothing but less than mediocre.

I'm going to continue watching Destiny's progress but at this point I doubt I will be buying it.

Halo works best as a couch co-op game in my opinion. The lore isn't too bad either, I sometimes read the wiki for fun.

The ending of 2 was bad, but your way there was fun. Also 2 had god tier multiplayer but that doesn't really matter now.

Halo 4 campaign was great, Halo 5 is really bad. I enjoyed the idea of playing with a team like SW Republic Commando, but the story was bad.

Not a fan of Halo 2. The campaign was a bit too long, and I didn't like playing as the Arbiter.

I generally enjoyed 4, but personally i'm able to enjoy most any game. I don't get so critical of things I can't enjoy them. I just find what I like about them or just ignore the bad so I can have fun. I didn't really like 4 broke some of the mysticism of the forerunners. Though the idea of the bureaucracy of Earth screwing all its hero is sorta neat. More real to life, generally the real hero's dont get much reward for it.

They are sci-fi double pirates. They have virtual parrots

hack frauds

L O L

2 was hot garbage from the lack of improvement, awful pacing, and shitty weapons till the endgame.

Its really fucking bad and the mysterious ominous Space Opera feeling and atmosphere is completely fucking gone, you can only see a spark of that when you fight alongside the ODST and when Sgt Dengaleng pilots the scarab (but the gameplay in that section is also garbage).

Halo 3 is not as good as the first one but it greatly improves upon the previous ones.

Yeah that's why I like 343. I wish they made a tv show about the Infinity.

Sparrow racing had some of the worst physics i have ever seen. The fact that you had better chance of getting good gear through some shitty racing addon than actually playing the games says a lot about the devs in charge
who am i kidding, marketing is in charge over there

Think about their audience. Marketing has to be in charge of these "more daddie cummies" cucks

>>>/gaschamber/

Did I say I liked 343 as a studio? I said I generally enjoyed 4. I'm sorry though I won't leave this board. You'll have to find a hug-box for your opinions somewhere else.

>>>/topv/

Halo 2's SP is much better then CE's, don't listen to nostalgiafags

Also the remasters are fine.

Actually, lemme explain why I think 2's is better before people bitch at me

CE's sp is full of repetitive copy pasted cooirodr geometry, has super empty wide open exterior envoirments, has a very small weapon and enemy sandbox, and the latter half of the campaign reuses mission settings and layouts from the first half.

This leads to it feeling repetitive and getting stale.

2 has an expanded weapon and enemy sandbox that strikes a good balance between feeling varied, without having tons of surplus guns or enemy types that are similar. Level layouts are more unique with less repetition, and exterior environments are scaled better and have more detail density. There's also more of a focus on having interesting and engaging set pieces without using them to replace good level design.

2's story is also much better, the best in the series. CE's story is basically just an excuse to give you a reason for being in each level, 2's is much more fleshed out with layers of naunce and a decent amount of complexity, while still being easy to follow if you pay attention, and gives a good amount of lore.

I'd rather have a proper Republic Commando sequel or a new game altogether than shoehorning it into a numbered Halo game.

1 suffered from area reuse in its levels, but those were amazing areas so that dampened the blow. 2 was horridly paced for the most part, even though I enjoyed playing as the Arbiter. 3 and 4 were very good, I thought, even though something about 3 is just more fun and easier to return to. Maybe it's how straightforward the story is, even if 4 had some good chief/cortana stuff.

I never touched 5; I heeded the warnings. How bad was it?

What?

Halo 2 is boring ass human corridors or boring ass alien corridors

They're the fucking same aside from the Brutes and the Flying insect fucks that work exactly like Sentinels.
Sniper Jackals are the worse thing ever, even worse than the Sniping Scorpions in Serious Sam.

Halo 2 is garbage for everything not Multiplayer, you have shit taste.

I dont think anyone on here could tell you about 5. I mean, no one on here REALLY bought an Xbone, right?

That's bullshit.

Halo CE has way more corridors that are literally copy pasted with the same geometry then 2, 2 has much more varied environments.

Sniper Jackals are the worse thing ever, even worse than the Sniping Scorpions in Serious Sam.

And yet, that was all they needed to have the weapon types feel varied enough, just 1-2 more. Also, drones are nothing like sentinels. It's also worth noting that even if there are only 2 more enemy types, 2 threw all the types at you more often then CE did, which really only used grunts, jackals, and elites for most encounters. The exact types of guns or vehicles they used were also more varied in 2.

Sniper jackals on legendary are indeed fucking cancer.

I agree 2's weapon balance is shit, it's unarguably the game's biggest problem,. but it's only a problem in MP. In SP, all are usable and viable outside of legendary, and feel distinct. When I said surplus, I meant like in 3 or 4 where there's like 3 guns that do the exact same shit per weapon type.

Essentially, what I mean is in that CE it can get stale since you have a smalle set of weapons avaible to you at any time, 2 doesn't suffer from this.

You clearly never read the novels that came out before 2 that had already done that. It was bungie's intention from the start to have the conflict be not black vs white.

You can litterally see multiple halo rings in some of the holograms in CE. Interviews with the writters clearly clarify that there being more then one ring was decided on before CE even came out.

See above. It's clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

I suggest you read halostory.bungie.org/staten102204.html to start with. He mentions shit that wasn't clarified on till 8 fucking years later, they planned out halo lore YEARS in advance.

I bought an xbone.

5's SP is meh. The story isn't as garbage as 4's, but it's still not good. The campaign misisons are well designed but are short as is the campaign in general.

The multiplayer is surprisingly really good in terms of the gameplay, weapon balance it actually has the best weapon balance in the whole franchise, which is fucking shocking considering how much they are sucking esports dick, you'd think it'd just be like 2 where only the BR is viable, but no, autos are actually really good, and map design. I honestly enjoy it more then 3 in a lot of respects, though it's not as good as 2 or CE. It doesn't have local/splitscreen though, which fucking sucks.

Overall, pleasantly suprised, since halo 4 was a thing They seem to be learning from their mistakes. Just slowly.

To clarify on this point, conflicts not being black and white but instead being shades of gray is LITERALLY halo's core thematic focus.

The UNSC fighting the innises/the earth vs the outer colonies, the S2 program itself being kidnapped kids acting as a secret police force, ONI being cunts etc

The foreruners having to nuke the whole galaxy just to kill the flood

then the covenant leadership deciding to brand humanity as heretics to keep the covenant intact and the great shcism

etc

Sacrifice for the precieved greater good and moral ambiguity is and always has been Halo's running theme. No side is actually the good guy.

The multiplayer was weak, but the campaign worked. I mean, aside from the shoddy exposition on the didact, what was so bad about it?

Can you explain why you think 4 is irredeemable and completely unlikable?

Summer is real

why even make a sequel to a MMO, or whatever the fuck kind of online game this is supposed to be, when you can just do updates? at least EQ had the excuse of coming out at the ass end of a hardware generation and needed a legitimate revamp to survive growing competition.

Seriously why isn't Microsoft putting more games on the windows live store after the xbones disappointing sales

Here's your reply

You're too late, Halo was more of an event than a game. The single player was always mediocre, multiplayer is where Halo always shined and you're too late to have any fun with that.
2007-2009 was truly the peak of halo other than Halo:CE pistols only or BBs.

No, you need to leave

See vid and eat shit

There are people here defending Destiny user, Summer has always been real we went from 2500UI to 2700UI in mere weeks.

There are people here calling Marathon a corridor shooter for fucks sake.

Oh fug, custom games were amazing. For every 1 hour I had in competitive I probably had like 5 in custom games. It almost makes me want to trackdown the guys who were my online friends in live.

Nice video, but I don't care what he thinks. I care what you think user, what was your thoughts on the game….you did play the game you have opinions on….didn't you user?

It's usually a method to disentangle upcoming ideas from existing ones. You might have a collection of ideas that couldn't work in the original game due to integral issues (size of groups, setting, ability scheme, etc.; things that can't be changed reasonably or at all) or it might be that you've realized that aspects of the base game weren't put together the best way.

In some cases you can simply iterate significant changes on the base game, but this is often excessive amounts of work since you need to rebuild all of the existing content to accommodate the changes. And, even then, it often comes at a great cost: it'll break your existing player base and your game will likely never recover.

In the end it's just better to make a new game and let the people who like the first one stick with it while feeding them minimal content updates.

Keep in mind that most MMO sequels significantly overhaul base mechanics. When you've hit that point, it really stops being worth it. The amount of work to overhaul the foundation of a game and rebalance it accordingly isn't that much less than simply making a new game, at least not relative to the profit potential.

jason is still head honcho at bungie

I feel you.

What about that thing anons were playing recently, Halo Online?

Summer is here folks, watch as we descend into more shit posting while no one tries to actually maintain posting quality

Considering 2 had to have a engine rework after it's showing at E3 and tons of bugs and hte launch date MS wanted them to have, people like Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnel and even Jason Jones comment on H2's release as "landing a plane in a 85 degree power dive while it's on fire"

She wasn't pretty and she had a bunch of levels cut (5 cut from the end of the game, not to mention Forerunner tank and Covenant ship)

Please don't remind me of the catastrophe that was Bungie Dallas.

Wouldn't know I haven't bother to try it, seems like it could be good but not going to let my nostalgia get to me.

It is good. And you should read the novels, you have no right to comment on halo story or lore without doing so.

It's been a multimedia franchise, not just a video game franchise from the fucking start

the first book came out before CE did

Are all the novels worth reading?

the ones by Eric Nylund are fine, avoid Karin Travissty like the plague

Coincidentally their name is Travissty?

No, Karin Trasviss is a piss poor writer, look up "Travissty" on google she has a tribalism fetish and forces it into everything she writes she's a bad writer

As somebody playing Halo since CE, I had more fun in reach and 2 customs then in 3.

Reach has a super robust forge, and a fuck ton of gamtype options which means you objectivily have more options for customs then 3. I also had a large pool of people to play witth in reach customs

For 2, Xbox live was fuckign magical back in the day, and you could just drop into friends of friend's customs and not get kicked and parties would fill up real fast, parially in thanks to the firends list menu on the title screen. It had no forge and much less settins to adjuist then 3 and reach and so on, but it forced creacitity and the just mood of xbox live at the time was great.

On paper, much like how reaqch has better custom potnetial then 3, 3 has more potential then 2, so I don't doubt it did have better customs then 2, but I simply didn't have friennds to play halo 3 with a lot so I didn't have that many and the quality of them were poor.

I'm existed to see how customs pan out for 5 moving foward. 5's forge is absolutely insane (pics related), and it has the most in depth gametype settings yet, so it should in theory have better customs then even reach, but 5's populatuion is low so it could lead to not many good ones happening.

Yes.

On average, they are pretty good and enjoyable but not fantastic sci fi judged as their own thing, i'd say, though the better ones are obvious better and a few are even classic sci fi good.

You can pretty much get by by reading them by order of release, though shifting some of them around might lead to better results depending on what games you've played, and The Flood speffically can be skipped if desired since it's a novelization of CE and isn't great, though I still think it's worth reading eventually at least

The only novel I outright saw not to read is the last travis book. The first two travis books are at least good at parts, and honestly get more flack then they deserve, but the third is legimately just awful

See above. I agree the last travis book is pure trash but the first two I think have enough good in them to still be worth reading.

Also, her story in Evolutions (human weakness) is actually the best one in the anthology, IMO

no wonder the cucks at penny arcade jerk off to her work.

*the only novel I say not to read

Anyways, the best ones IMO are Ghosts of Onyx, Evolutions, Contact Harvest, The Foreunner Triology as a set, and Broken Circle

The worst ones are The travis books/kilo 5 trilogy, The Flood, and Cole protocole.

Yeah, recently I have a sort of backlog of Dan Abbnot books to read but I'll remember Eric Nylund

Reach had way more potential but it seemed like the community for forge left. None of my friends were playing customs anymore. I attributed it to the whole buying armor with credits and people wanting to play multiplayer for that.

From what I remember, The Flood is literally Halo: CE: the book.

Correct, it is, I mentioned that in my post here

It's just not well written in a lot of parts. It's incredidibly neat giving extra detail to a lot of the game since CE's story was pretty barebones (for example, the spec ops elite in the elevator on the maw is an entire character that half the book is written in the perspective in), and as such I still reccomend it, but it's not one of the better novels and being a book version of CE, is skippable.

Maybe Bungie should just be independent and go the Kikestarter route dispite how scummy it is.

Moron.
Gas yourself faggot.

The only one with shit taste here is you faggot, Halo was only ever good for it's SP/Co-Op experience.

I'd give you my empathy since I used to own one, but then you went ahead and said you enjoyed the shit that was Halo 5's multiplayer.

Sure is a fuck ton of Reddit in this thread.

Jeff loves Destiny now after Taken King.

Explain what you dislike about it, i'm always open to having my mind changed provided the logic is sound and the points are valid.

We already agree that 2's plot was great for the political shit and the fact it had layers of complexity to it, so maybe we'll actually have a nice discussion rather then shitflinging if we try.

No, bungie has lost the indie spirit to begin with. There's no point. It's just a husk of what it used to be.

Oh you mean besides the fact that it's a slow floaty watered down console arena shooter with aim assist that holds your fucking hand every step of the way? That and the forge bullshit, with that faggot that got a god complex and created yet another "gate" movement. People seriously need some original names.
This is not to mention the generic shit added in like ADS, mounting ledges, and sprint & loadouts returning.

Seriously though, go back to Reddit or lurk a hell of a lot more before you start posting my man.

This is not to mention the generic shit added in like ADS, mounting ledges, and sprint & loadouts returning.

You clearly have not played 5. There are no loadouts. You start with an AR and Magnum in most modes, weapons are on map.

There's less aim assist in halo 5 compared to other halo games, but more bullet magneitms,. I should probably make a video demonstrating this, actually.

There's clambering, but it doesn't visualize the gameplay since crouchjumping is still needed for skilljumps, and hover and thruster are needed for others. it has the highest qunaiity of and the hardest to execute skilljumps of any halo game.

It doesn't have ADS. It's 100% mechanically identical to zoom in past titles. It doesn't slow down your movmenet like ADS does, and it's not needed to shoot accurately like how ADS work. Guns are actually MORE accurate it in without it then in prior games, precision guns having zero spread whatsoever, and automatics being accurate to medium range when bursted.

Literally even do 5 mins of research before you make claims about shit.

What forge bullshit?

Also I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about with "gate" shit.

Yup. first a unpopular opinion thread and now this.
SUMMER
U
M
M
E
R

fuck off
along with reaction images and >>>reddit, "summer" is really one of the most cancerous memes that have emerged

Not even confirmation bias can save you from this summerfag

how the fuck would you take that post as me defending halo 5? fucking kill yourself

Fucking retard.
Not very bright are you?
Do it faggot.
That's more options, but not more skill.
WEW LAD, you cannot be this retarded.
It only fucks up your FOV and narrows your vision, but that's not limiting or anything.
And yet provides more accurate shots at range due to the zoom. Just by being there it largely functions the same way.
teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13083-forgegate-the-truth-behind-the-community-cartographers-lies/
Have fun with the shitty CCs faggot, notice how discussion was shut down immediately.
Go back to Reddit.

Pic is you and the other Summerfags.

So you just come into thread without reading them, go back to cuckchan.

I'm convinced you are just shitposting at this point since you are conflciting with yourself so much now.

You talk about how you like halo and halo 2 before, but now are talking about how all aim assist is console fps cancer. You said halo 5 is dogshit, but are now saying warzone is the only mode worth playing?

It increases the barrier of execution. Instead of just timing crouch right, you have to time crouch, plus thruster, plus hover, and release and repush buttons in rapid succession without fucking up

It's like patting your head and rubbing your belly at once. It does take more skill over just crouchjumping

The button used to input it has no effect on the actual gameplay mechanics it has, which is literally completely identical to zoom in past Halo

also
Only one who needs to go back to you

So like zoom in past halo games, exactly what I said?

>teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13083-forgegate-the-truth-behind-the-community-cartographers-lies/
Wasn't aware of that, thanks for linking me.

There's always been people saying Halo 5's MP is good since the MP beta, both here and on cuckchan right as the exodus was happening.

Litterally nobody has said 4 is anything but trash

To be fair, that kind of shit is necessary for any console shooter. Analog sticks don't provide anywhere near the fluid range of motion that is really necessary for an arena shooter. Even the "hardcore gamer" crowd would be frustrated with how little they hit the target without assistance on a console.

not-Halo Wars 2. Fucking not-Halo Wars 2. Because nobody expects this from modern day Bungie.

Oh reallly?

Kill yourself

Haha, no I'm not not. That's your confirmation bias going full swing Plebbit.
Please point out where I ever said I liked either of those games. I only said that Halo was only worth something to me for the SP/Co-Op experience, the gameplay of which is still shit but friends make everything fun.
Well if you weren't such an underaged faggot, maybe you could piece together that maybe, one of the reasons why I hate this game is that it has one decent gamemode. Even then the combat can't be fixed so it's still shit.
This is some basic platforming shit, if you want real skill based movement, check out bhopping in Natural Instinct or UT. All Halo 5 did was give you more range because of boost and hover, it is not hard to master.
I'd give you this if ledge mounting wasn't a thing to prop up shitty jumpers.
You mean Recon? The only preset I ever used? I was providing a generic example. Also
Why the fuck would do that to yourself, I only put up with that shit when my friends want me to play with them and were all stoned anyway. There's like one or two good console FPS in existence and no none of them are Halo.
Metroid Prime and Timesplitters
Except that there is actual ADS instead of just scopes on a handful of weapons. Embed related.
You're welcome, I hope you found the information to be quite useful. Now go back to fucking Reddit.

Historical revisionist bullshit newfag.

Which is why PC is the objectively superior platform for shooters, and console shooters suck shit.
Funny that, my friend plays all of his videogames console or not with it off if possible and doesn't ever complain about it. My only problem with this is that he thinks shitty games like Far Cry 4 actually are challenging as a result.

Reminds me of how on halfchan Holla Forums at first it was "Only the first CoD was good" then slowly it was CoD 2, then MW, then there were people unironically defending MW2 and claiming that Holla Forums always loved MW2 despite the MASSIVE backlash against the lack of dedicated servers at the time. It really pisses me off how this newest generation is a bunch of blatantly dishonest revisionist cocksuckers.

Invasion of the CompanySnatchers has become reality.

Honestly, the only counter response is make threads and replies suggesting actually good games, Holla Forums approved FPS, that sorta thing.

You know, I get having a shit opinion because of underage or whatever. What astonishes me is them blatanly going "nu-uh im not a summerfag" like it isnt written all over them.

I like how defensive they get when you do,you know you hit a nerve

Brute Plasma Rifles are sick tho

1 is old and has a lot of similar hallways. Getting lost is a definite possibility, but it has some really nice set pieces and some bitching moments.

2 is rough as shit, it plays similarly to 1, with a few new tweaks and additions. Campaign jumps between the human and enemy side, so you get a lot more explanation for WHY things are happening, as well as making the aliens more relatable overall. Ends on a cliffhanger.

3 is basically 2.5 in terms of gameplay, they polished it up and added some new toys but the mechanics are nearly the same. Story wise it picks up right about where 2 left off, and it's about FINISHING THE FIGHT on Earth for the first like, 5 missions until some shit goes down and everyone goes to fuck up some space zombies.

Reach has 1's health and movement, with 3's gunplay and gimmicks. Story jumps around, with a few BIG blank spots in the timeline, and some general confusion about what the hell is going on. The ending makes little sense if you know the setting, and outright retcons large chunks of the stellar book "The Fall of Reach", so that's a sin right there. It has the best customization to date, with lots of armour and optional attachments for said armour. Don't know why 4 and 5 removed this, other than being lazy kikes.

Any other questions? Clarifications on any specific points? I love this shit, so I'm cool with anything.

343 said there were multiple installations in the first game, bro. I can u derstand not wanting to play on another one, but they didn't reuse many design motifs from the first, so what's the problem?

Except gameplay wise it''s identical to zoom in halo, not ADS in other shooters. It only looks like ADS visually.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

If your complaint is specifically about other guns rather then just precision weapons having it, then I'd also call bullshit since autos have always been underpowered in the halo games and it helps mitigate that without actually forcing you to use it to aim accurately, which is mainly why ADS is shit in other shooters, which, again, is why what halo 5 has is not ADS

lol lower class trash trying to read books

Nigger ADS is fucking ADS. Look at the god damn sights, they shouldn't be apart of the game. It matters not if the mechanic is exactly the same as other shooters. In fact, it is exactly the same, as users have tested that ADS does indeed tighten recoil.
archive.is/T9AkI

343 Guilty Spark, sorry. I'm still not used to it being a company name.

Hey man, it did its job, and it did it well. It isn't high literature, but that label is already shaky as hell.

Marathon could really use a remake

not with today's standards though