Where is the PVP?

Where is the PVP?
I feel like I’m in a limbo for multiplayer games because everything has either a dead playerbase or just downright sucks. I used to always have something to play when I was done with work but now I’m stuck in a limbo of games to play waiting for KOF 14 and Tekken 7 because no competitive game looks interesting right now. I’ve put too much of my time into crappy MOBA’s and they’re all crap for that matter.
Currently play Melee every Saturday at a weekly tournament because it works with my schedule so I usually spend the prior night practicing for it. This game is not online however so I cannot play it anytime I like and my schedule and money keeps me from going to tournaments that are long and far away. I know about melee’s netplay and I can’t stand its lag.
My old online muses used to be Dark souls, third strike, Garou MOTW, soul caliber 2, rainbow six vegas 2, Bad company 2, and TF2
Dark souls: is my most played game ever and I’ve played it to death prob around 2000 hours. I loved all of its technical skill and how there’s a huge gap in skill because of the techskill. But I would hit burnouts with the game all the time because the Lag just downright sucks most of the time, but most players just get used to it. So I want to just end it now especially since the game is basically dead and its becoming harder and harder to find nodes on pc. And don’t get me started on DS3’s PVP, it’s a watered down mess with no gap in skill and punishes whoever attacks first.
Third Strike: A game that’s always been weird for me. The base game is amazing and I want to like this game more but it never had a character in it that I really liked. So I mained Dudley since I liked him the most out of the cast and probably put 1000 hours on him and 500 on Alex and Q. Because of what feels like burnout and only getting matches with yuns, kens, and chuns (all of which I hate fighting). I really want to put this game to rest.
Garou: WHY ISNT THIS GAME SMOOTHER JESUS CHRIST. This game is so close to being amazing but the gameplay is just so damn choppy and terry bogard is so much fun in this game. If I play the game 3 weeks straight without playing another game, I’ll forget about its choppiness. But as soon as I play another game, Garou looks like a black sheep of polish. I would play KOF13 if it had more than just Terry Bogard in it as a character I like to play. KOF14 looks like a polished KOF2002 so it should be amazing.
Soul Calibur 2: It’s deader than dead and HD netcode is shit. Tekken 7 looks amazing, but I have no idea when that’s coming out. KOf14 at least has a release date.
Rainbow six vegas 2: deader than dead. Put around 1000 hours in. Always loved being able to dodge bullets and be unstoppable because people can’t aim without aim assist. I find the other rainbow six multiplayers boring. This game was the first game that I would just keep playing and not stop playing until I felt like I was the best. It was the first one where I started researching stuff on how to get better.
Bad company 2: dead. This game is just fun for some reason. There really isn’t much you can do to get better at it other than mastering slugs. But there’s not much beyond that. Still played it a lot for some reason though.
TF2: WAITING FOR MATCHMAKING UPDATE. Seriously though that shit should’ve been out like 4 years ago. I’ve got 700 hours on this and as soon as matchmaking comes out I’ll probably add another 700. Love the spy and scout and pub stomp all too often and every server is casual trash right now.
So that’s my story about the limbo I’m stuck in right now. If you have any recommendations I’ve probably already tried it but don’t let that stop you from saying it. I’m probably gonna make this a copy pasta at some point.
I blame games where you should be able to do cool moves constantly but you now have 8 second long cooldowns before you can use that move again. And I also blame hand holding moves that do all the work for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

postapocgame.com/map.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There you go, go find someone to play Worms Armageddon, still the greatest muliplayer experience there is.

hardly what I'm looking for

And on top of all this there is still no cyber punk game that tickles my fancy
hopefully ruiner is good

Well fuck, how about you summarize what you want in one sentence?

competitive
fast paced
lotsa movement options
no aim assist
feels smooth, no huge stun frames (stutter when you hit someone)
preferably decent playerbase

Sounds like good old Quake/Unreal to me.
Alternatively some Jedi Academy with or without mods.

You might also want to try some Virtual-On or Gundam Vs but those have auto-aiming and hit pause thingies, so just check them on youtube to be sure you don't want them.

i got like 2 sentences in, there is online for melee, i dunno where or how you play it but i've seen leffen and shit stream it.

latest unreal torunament, although it is much slower compared to quake

hit up quake/unreal on the weekends
then starve on the weekdays

tried Reflex and unreal and ehhhhh I dunno, they dont quite grab me.
but holy shit i completely forgot about jedi academy- I really need to try that. keep giving recs though

I've tried melee netplay and I don't know how some people do it. it feels like trash with the amount of lag I usually get for it.

I really do miss the old V2 days. I know this spinoff is hated by most but I love it for what it is

Holy shit small world
Yeah i miss em too

maybe I need to give Reflex and Unreal another shot. installing them now

My problem with unreal is I can't help but feel like im moving slower than i really should be. I cant find anything on moving faster besides dodges wall jumps and slides

This is physically painful to read.

i though I seperated the subjects better but didn't so here's a better version:

I feel like I’m in a limbo for multiplayer games because everything has either a dead playerbase or just downright sucks. I used to always have something to play when I was done with work but now I’m stuck in a limbo of games to play waiting for KOF 14 and Tekken 7 because no competitive game looks interesting right now. I’ve put too much of my time into crappy MOBA’s and they’re all crap for that matter.
Currently play Melee every Saturday at a weekly tournament because it works with my schedule so I usually spend the prior night practicing for it. This game is not online however so I cannot play it anytime I like and my schedule and money keeps me from going to tournaments that are long and far away. I know about melee’s netplay and I can’t stand its lag.
My old online muses used to be Dark souls, third strike, Garou MOTW, soul caliber 2, rainbow six vegas 2, Bad company 2, and TF2

Dark souls: is my most played game ever and I’ve played it to death prob around 2000 hours. I loved all of its technical skill and how there’s a huge gap in skill because of the techskill. But I would hit burnouts with the game all the time because the Lag just downright sucks most of the time, but most players just get used to it. So I want to just end it now especially since the game is basically dead and its becoming harder and harder to find nodes on pc. And don’t get me started on DS3’s PVP, it’s a watered down mess with no gap in skill and punishes whoever attacks first.

Third Strike: A game that’s always been weird for me. The base game is amazing and I want to like this game more but it never had a character in it that I really liked. So I mained Dudley since I liked him the most out of the cast and probably put 1000 hours on him and 500 on Alex and Q. Because of what feels like burnout and only getting matches with yuns, kens, and chuns (all of which I hate fighting). I really want to put this game to rest.

Garou: WHY ISNT THIS GAME SMOOTHER JESUS CHRIST. This game is so close to being amazing but the gameplay is just so damn choppy and terry bogard is so much fun in this game. If I play the game 3 weeks straight without playing another game, I’ll forget about its choppiness. But as soon as I play another game, Garou looks like a black sheep of polish. I would play KOF13 if it had more than just Terry Bogard in it as a character I like to play. KOF14 looks like a polished KOF2002 so it should be amazing.

Soul Calibur 2: It’s deader than dead and HD netcode is shit. Tekken 7 looks amazing, but I have no idea when that’s coming out. KOf14 at least has a release date.

Rainbow six vegas 2: deader than dead. Put around 1000 hours in. Always loved being able to dodge bullets and be unstoppable because people can’t aim without aim assist. I find the other rainbow six multiplayers boring. This game was the first game that I would just keep playing and not stop playing until I felt like I was the best. It was the first one where I started researching stuff on how to get better.

Bad company 2: dead. This game is just fun for some reason. There really isn’t much you can do to get better at it other than mastering slugs. But there’s not much beyond that. Still played it a lot for some reason though.

TF2: WAITING FOR MATCHMAKING UPDATE. Seriously though that shit should’ve been out like 4 years ago. I’ve got 700 hours on this and as soon as matchmaking comes out I’ll probably add another 700. Love the spy and scout and pub stomp all too often and every server is casual trash right now.

So that’s my story about the limbo I’m stuck in right now. If you have any recommendations I’ve probably already tried it but don’t let that stop you from saying it. I’m probably gonna make this a copy pasta at some point.
I blame games where you should be able to do cool moves constantly but you now have 8 second long cooldowns before you can use that move again. And I also blame hand holding moves that do all the work for you.

What I’m looking for is something that is:
competitive
fast paced
lotsa movement options
no aim assist
feels smooth, no huge stun frames (stutter when you hit someone)
preferably decent playerbase

Overwatch.

guilty gear

tried both.
Overwatch feels like it has very little room for player growth and restricts the player way too much, I'd probably play it if abilities had no cooldowns and ults had shorter cooldowns.

Was never a fan of 15+ combo fighting games games. My rule is nothing that can combo more than yun. Also it has really annoying frame stutter when you hit someone, I always liked third strike, garou, and melee for having very little frame stutter.

To be honest fam, BF4 is pretty much the best PVP game of the generation, or at least until BF1 comes out.

I really hope that isn't the case

that's called hitstop nigga

yeah I forgot what it was called

That's a lot better. After reading your post though, what you want doesn't really exist anymore.
Or rather, they exist, but the playerbase is too small to allow it to be "competitive".

ASSFAGGOTS are sadly the most "competitive" games with the largest playerbases currently.

If you want competitive games with a fairly sizable playerbase, these are mostly all of the choices you have.

inb4
It's a quick dirty way of checking how active the playerbase for any game is.
It doesn't work for certain games, since certain games aren't very entertaining when streamed, but it's a decent indicator.

yeah that and steam stats.

I get what your saying and I guess I just didn't want it to be true. well hopefully in a couple months I'll have something to play. until then I'll keep looking while I play melee on Saturdays.

Should have just said that you have shit taste, jeez.

nice, i had a lot of fun with those too back in the day

you could try arma 3 with different mods, it's sorta similar to rainbow six (tacti-cool style with no aim assist, and good team play can really make a huge difference in certain game types), but with a larger scale world with of course a heavy focus on pvp (depending on the mod/game type of course, some are focus on pvp/rp'ing/mix of those/deception/etc).

Also, people here shit on it, but rust is a pretty great game for constant pvp.
I'd recommend watching a raid video or two, and see if it's for you; as that's the most fun in the game generally (except doing shit like extortion and such).

You can have fun with DS now, reddit is doing a lets play together day of some sort. DSCM is crazy full.

so you want to play an airdasher?

revelator
vsav
melty

if you don't like fuckhuge combos, play a character like slayer or potemkin who doesn't rely on them, kum doesn't seem to be very combo intensive at this point.

HOW? Seriously, what the fuck? I thought my 80 was milking it dry. There's nothing to do. The PVP plays out exactly the same every single time and is nothing special whatsoever. I have no clue what you're talking about when you say "technical skill".

Takes skill means OP won a lot and could reliably get his fix.

Having 4 different builds and a drive to become better at the game is what drove me to play that much. Being extremely fun to play helped too. High skill level matches play out differently everytime

I know people who have 10,000 hours in starcraft 2 there are people in wow who are probably at 20,000 by now

didn't read lol

here it is with better spacing

CSGO. When you get GE, then you can decide that you're too good for the game and quit.

If you're lower, you aren't human, and all I can hear from you is animal noises.

WoW at least is made for grinding. Starcraft actually involves at least some amount of skill despite it just being gookclick. I barely managed to get 75% of the way through a second playthrough of DS before getting bored. I don't see the lasting appeal in it. Once I played through it once, I felt like I had seen everything, and there didn't seem to be any improvement to be had in skill because it's not like it had a high skill ceiling.

you don't know about the other side of dark souls pvp. theres a shit ton of tech in DS1 that the average player doesn't know about.

Do go on.

Well how about breaking that rule for once.
Try Jojo's BA: HFTF. Shit's fucking crazy.

Kill you'reself.

I liked it but its dead and there a way too many infinite's in that game if there was a community update that got rid of the infinites I'd probably get back into it

all I've done is play 1st person games recently, and those tend to be 6-50 hours

Yeah I bet you play nothing but shooters, sports games, and assfaggots, like every other casual normalfag out there. I could tell by how fascinated you are by multiplayer.

my fucking sides

no, son.

Rooty tooty point and shooty is the fast food of video games.

Just play SFV, closest fighting game to Third Strike as it is. Large playerbase and decent netcode.

Story of my life. Game isn't good/competitive until Legendary Eagle.

Guy just wants some recommendations for some games and the best you can do is be upset that he wants to play games against other people? In its most raw form, a game is a test of skill between players. Multiplayer just bridges the physical divide between these players.

He can fuck off and play Overwatch or whatever sewage AAA shovels out to appease the multiplayer fans.

We're talking about video games, nigger.

If you dislike a physical divide so much, go play sports.

fine what do you recommend oh wise and powerful user.

Overwatch
League of Legends
A rope
:^)

glad to see you are able to recommend things you've tried

keep shitposting my man

I'm just recommending what I think would suit your taste in video games the best.

I learned from the best thanks for teaching me

what do you like to play

Mount and Blade
Supcom
Might and Magic

I see you're getting desperate and want to find a way to attack me, go ahead.

You could try planetside 2. Its alright.

honestly forgot about supreme commander need to check it out. thanks for the rec
tried M&B and m&m, got kinda bored playing it.

I didn't expect you to enjoy them.

that's it?

That's a nice shitpost user, mind if I save it to use later?

more like nothing to do. every fight feels the same in mount and blade while might and magic feels like a worse version of baldurs gate and icewind dale

Sorry you can't have a social experience. I suggest Dragon's Dogma Online or Call of Duty Black Ops 2 to play with your friends.

I dunno, started checking it out. looks kinda like a more casual starcraft

You're right, you should play Starcraft too user, it fits you.

I would but I honestly can't keep up with the good players. I can micro and macro but doing all that while keeping an economy in check is too difficult for me to be in the competitive scene. I'd rather not play if I'm gonna be stuck in gold the whole time.

Nah, you should go for it. Starcraft is exactly the kind of game people like you deserve.

You seem like you have more than enough

I will if you can keep posting for me.

Hit up Verdun for some dank bolt action combat and the best German voice acting in a video game ever.

No man, you look like you can make that shit for days

You can stop now.

you first, lad

You can stop now.

You can stop now.

You can stop now.

Please tell me this is just bait.

You can stop now.

here we go.

Probably is. He stopped posting after the retard above came here to defend him with "no u"

You're welcome.

how new are you nigger. at least you figured out how to space paragraphs. next time attach a fucking image, it breaks it up even more & makes it infinitely more readable. jfc

i'm in the same boat, OP. i've looked everywhere and right now there just isn't anything good out for us.

third strike can still be played easily but personally i just think the game balance sucks too hard. 80% of people on fightcade play yun/chun/mak/ken
SF5 sucks too because every match is like playing against mak in 3s. everyone mashes at mid range while buffering something. and chun/karin/ken get the most damage off of it while being borderline unpunishable so you just end up trading random hits here and there and it feels like a casual gambling game.

cs is still the same shit it was 15 years ago. new UT feels wrong, i can't describe it. overwatch plays just like a moba which everyone knows suck in terms of technical player skill.
TF2 matchmaking might have been interesting 5 years ago. now there are so many shitty different weapons and items that the game is just random garbage as well

there was a video i saw recently which described all new current shooters perfectly. the cod style shit. random spawns etc guarantee kills even for the shittiest players and games turn into slot machines.

what i'm looking forward to right now is Mordhau. its basically just bugfixed chivalry without instant reverse 180° spin skylook instakill overheads and other stupid things that shouldve been fixed ears ago. but its still at least 1,5 years until its released
Rising storm 2 might be interesting as well but thats also nowhere close to release

i'm bored to death. thinking of picking up a hobby like doing drugs so time feels like it passes faster until something good releases

I used to play melee and street fighter a ton, and guilty gear is what you're looking for OP. It feels like the game took the good parts of street fighter and added a focus to movement like melee. I know you said you don't like long combos, but the game doesn't have long combos just for the sake of it. Each character has tons of different combo options and routes that give you a lot of freedom.

I've been addicted to it since Xrd -SIGN- came out on the PC and it made me lose a lot of interest in melee and street fighter.

found the video.

too bad arcsys is retarded and won't release guilty gear for pc in time. they're always years behind. release accent core on pc after everyone already knew about Xrd. release Xrd on pc after revelator was already being played in japan. and wasn't there something about them not releasing in europe? what the fuck

Guilty gear is a great game, arcsys is a shit company

Insurgency isn't so bad. It's far from perfect but it has a sort of charm.

This guy first asks the question if Infinite Warfare will suck but then he just goes on to make complaints about COD that have been valid since COD 4. This is one of the reasons why every COD fanboy hated Advanced Warfare, they added some depth through the new movement mechanics and increased the skill gap of the game effectively pissing the fanbase off because they actually had to make an effort towards killing someone.

Really rather not. Played it for a minute and the card system is atrocious

Hmm couple things with this. There doesnt appear to be a character that grabs my attention, maybe slayer or leo. Played about an hour on pc. Dont have a fight stick for ps4

Playing with pad or fight stick is just personal preference, you don't need to spend $150 on a stick just to play fighting games. What kind of character are you looking for? All of the guilty gear characters are really unique in how they play.

You sure you're not just being salty about people being better than you at the game? Because it sounds like you're complaining about gameplay mechanics that are there on purpose.

Pick any state in the south east if you pick the roamer type you can move around so we can co on warpath's then retreat back to the swamps of Mississippi Alabama and Louisiana (in order of importance) To join the alliance (pact) you just have to scroll to the bottom of the page, then in the menu bar click on 'pacts' and find the Ancestral Council pact and ask to join.
Feel free to make any nation in any region regardless.

This game is pretty solid one you understand the interface and its jammed whit people.
postapocgame.com/map.php

looks cool