Dead By Daylight

Ayy yo, where my Dead By Daylight shill threads at?

There's an open beta for this buggy piece of shit right now that you can get into by going to their website and logging in through
and getting 3 of your friends to click a link it generates.

Play as a killer and fuck niggas up or play as survivors and activate generators to open the exit. It's 4v1 and I'm having fun despite the shitty matchmaking and menus that don't fucking work.

I just wanted to let you guys know cause it's free and all. Call me a shill I don't give a fuck.

Sounds like it could be a good time.

i have played the beta for about qn hour and its auctually more fun and intense than i thought it would be. especially since if you can juke the killer, it makes him look like an idiot and every one gets a good laugh.

beta only has acess to one killer and only lets you level up 5 times per character. but each one is always different. one character is really good at hiding while another is good at repairing the generators to open the gate.

its a good 7/10 alone. 8.5 with group of friends.

I've seen streams of it since I don't got a key, but it looks like a fun time. I think the reason I like it a lot is because it's similar to the stalkers from Clock Tower and Haunting Ground where it's just one real mean guy chasing you around and you can't fight back all that well.

I don't got a key because lolnofriends haven't used Steam in literally years.

The $20 price does seem very reasonable but at the same time I'm hesitant to buy this when I'm experiencing so many bugs. I'll probably put it off for a while.

On an unrelated note, I just chased a survivor into one of my bear traps and just watched him try to get free before finally whacking the back of his head and picking him up to take to a meat spike. It gave me a boner.

You are playing a free open beta, did you seriously think it would be bug free?

No, but I heard it releases in like six days and I doubt these bugs will be ironed out in time for the full release. If this game had another two months of dev time I'd be more confident.

I got a beta key, and I am really surprised at how not-shit it is.

The only real problems with it is that 2 survivors with toolboxes can destroy every hook on the map aside from the basement ones making it near-impossible for the killer to win, and theres a way to be uncatchable and stall forever in houses with windows, both of which have been apparently been dealt with in the dev build.

What sort of bugs are you seeing anyway?
Not enough friends online to take the keys

not enough friends*

Mostly menu issues and lobby joining problems. I had to join my friend's lobby like six times before it would actually load the lobby instead of this weird gray limbo with floating trees. My friend has been experiencing crashing and blue screens. I've had weird shit like the menu campfire suddenly not having wood and my character model being cloned and overlapping itself in the loadout screen like they are on their own shoulders. Joining a lobby and witnessing people just join/leave instantly a hundred times. Endless load screens when joining a lobby or loading a game.

These things wouldn't be a huge deal, but I've witnessed all of this between like six matches. It leaves a very bad impression.

Thats not a bug, that is people trying to get into a public match with friends, since private matches dont let you level up and the beta doesn't let you play public with friends, though the full release will.

Perhaps it could be a server issue, since they're giving out free beta access to everyone with at least 3 friends, no doubt to stress-test the servers for release.

so it's evolve 2 boogaloo?

No, this is much, much better than the clusterfuck that Evolve was

Really all the major problems in the beta have been fixed in the dev/release build, and unlike evolve there is no plans for cash shop shit whatsoever thus far

fair enough

Get out.

Another day, another pathetic shill thread.

They said that about Payday 2 you little shit.

The problem I have is there is zero variety. The survivors are always gunning for generators, and the killer will always hang a survivor and camp on him to ensure he is sacrificed which encourages the survivors to be selfish and just finish repairing their generators. I got bored after one day with it and I don't see it being worth any money.

Picked up the Beta when the first thread at least came out with the fact that this was Evolve 2: Overkike Edition.

It's okay, nothing spectacular. The beta isn't finished and it shows, and knowing Overkill it certainly isn't going to polished by the time release rolls around.
The game isn't quite Evolve levels of broken design, but once you've played a few matches you've really seen all the game has to offer; there's very little variety and I doubt that's going to change and the content that is there is shaky at best, it does even less to incentive teamwork than a quick play lobby of L4D.
It's obvious Overkike included a really shitty progression system to keep players coming back to the same regurgitated content in the same way they did with the content barren Payday 2 release.
The game also doesn't capture a good horror or slasher feel; animations and gameplay are floaty and can be particularly laggy, mechanics dont really make you feel tense or hunted; or powerful and dangerous as the killer. I've seen sourcemods provide more tension and implement it more professionally than this.

It's an alright gimmick game, especially with friends; but if you actually have friends to play it with you might as well play something finished and fun that isn't made by swindling EA dropouts for a pricetag.

This, once the novelty wears off and streamers don't play it anymore, people will forget about it really fast

Well if Valve can get away with it, why not other people?

Its not overkill, it starbreeze, the company that bought overkill

Different team working on it.

And they just removed it from pd2 a few days ago did they not?

If they take the microtransactions out from pd2 just to put them in dbd there will likely be a huge shitstorm, which they probably don't want to deal with again

Doesn't help that the game is nothing like they said it was going to be. I watched people play the beta and I'm still not sure it's the same game.

This game has nothing in common with Evolve other than the fact that it's 4 fags vs 1 strong fag. Overkill also has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, your image implying this game has been done before with last year is pretty facetious considering the only thing last year has going for it right now after almost two fucking years is concept art.

Your criticism is fine but you ain't gotta be spreadin' that disinfo around, mang.

There is this game, Damned, it is about a slashers killing survivors, but there are four type of slashers if I'm correct. One is the freaking weeping angels and a mix between Japanese spooky girl and the witch from L4D. And it's also 4vs1 if I remember correctly.

Seems pretty different, other than being multiplayer horror games.
Damned looks all close quarters while dbd is in open field with a few cramped areas spread about.
Damned seems to be "spooky ghost jumpscares you in dark hallways " while thus dbd is "big unstoppable angry brute man is hunting you down ".