360 recommended games?

Cousin got me an Xbawx 360. Any charts with recommended games for it? Exclusives are preferred.

How's homebrew on it? What about backwards compatibility with OG Xbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819337
solopormega.com/category/juegos/xbox360-rgh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lost Odyssey, Chrome Hounds and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force, Halo 3, ODST, Reach.

I don't know the 360 library as well as the original Xbox library. I'm planning on learning it next. I'm positive it's a great console, however.

This is the recommended xbox games list. Backwards compatibility with the games on the 360 is pretty bad. You are better off with the original hardware.

Dead Rising.

The servers shut down like six years ago
Okay nigga, fuck off

Thanks brother. Hopefully a list of recommended games pops up. I already know the popular ones, so I'm looking for more niche titles.

My fucking nigger

There's a bunch, but I'll say Viva Pinata, since someone said Lost Odyssey and I just bought it. Lost Odyssey is the real FFXIII to me. I loved that game.

I enjoyed Condemned and the sequel too as well as
The Darkness
Lost Odyssey
Spectral Force 3
Dead Rising
Silent Hill Homecoming (no billy)
Culdcept Saga (comfy)
Operation Darkness (strange but enjoyed the weirdness)

Ninja Gaiden II (Not as good as Black but better than Sigma and especially III)

Dead Rising 1 and the exclusive downloadable games
Dead or Alive 4 and Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Saints Row 1
Crackdown
Kameo
and Halo 3 ODST

Dead Rising
Tales of Vesperia

And while not an exclusive, I'll add Saints Row 2 as it works (unlike the PC's) and still has online (unlike the PS3's)

Are you mentally retarded? That wasn't a game, it was an animation of a game where the characters auto attack. It is the definition of "not a game."

FUCK YES!!! This game was dope as fuck in co-op mode… if you had a light gun.

No.

Jesus, NO!

Goddamnit!

What? Galleon was in Dev hell from the date of launch of the xbox one. It was supposed to be a launch title. Instead, it changed systems, and didn't get an official xbox release until years later. Whiplash is junk.

I think I am most insulted that this is a 1.3 version list. Dammit Holla Forums.

I loved both halos

Zoids Assault or something idk
Dead Rising
Kameo
Nuts & Bolts
Gears of War 2 and 3
Far East of Eden
Lost Odyssey
Nier
RDR

Beautiful Katamari is a 360 exclusive.

It's not that great, kinda boring and easy. If you like Kirby its okay i guess.

Did the 360 have better hardware than the ps3 or were they rather similar?

PS3 was slightly superior but only like a 5% if you were to put it that way. The Cell architecture was way too hard for most devs to sort out though so most games didnt use the extra power. The 360 still could kick some ass, look at Halo 4.

I remember reading some stuff where the devs of Street Fighter IV had trouble making the ink effects on focus attacks and shit look good on the PS3 compared to the 360, which they eventually managed to fix

I always thought the 360 was better since most games had a higher framerate on it than on the ps3.

The 360 was better simply because it was easier to program for. The ps3 was unnecessarily hard to make games on.

They were very similar hardware, they were both based off of the Cell processor in some way, the Cell Processor in the PS3 contained a single PowerPC core called the Power Processing Element and several vector/float point units called Synergistic Processing Elements

The PPE was the actual CPU while the SPEs ran independent threads and provided float point units, but the main PPE was still required to "manage" the SPEs so-to-speak

The Xbox 360 CPU is basically 3 PPEs with no SPEs and more general-purpose float point and vector hardware

Performance was very close but the 360 was simply easier to program for

The PC version is better but Left 4 Dead 1 on the 360 is worth getting just for versus. The community is small but dedicated, and they've ported over a lot of the stuff from the custom PC configs.

There aren't any dedicated servers but the guys hosting custom configs usually make decent hosts. Campaign mode is mostly full of cancer.

Don't bother with L4D2 on the console, it runs at about 30fps and the better players are rarely on there.

Speaking of porting stuff over from PC, if you've got a modded 360 you might want to look into
I've done all these and more

Street Fighter IV suffers from several problems on PS3. The main one is input lag, it was bad enough that all major tournaments used the 360 version of the game.

Strangely, the PS3 version is closer to the arcade version of the game. But the game has a lot of 1-link frame combos so the 360 version is what all the pro players eventually settled on.

Shouldn't be posting at 4am.

Should also mention save file hacking. A lot of games allow you to do various modifications just by editing save files.

L4D1 has a really slow max sensitivity setting but you can edit it beyond that max setting.

Here is a how-to: forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819337

That's a pretty simple edit. You can use those tools with other games, some games even have dedicated tools. The Borderlands games have gun building applications, I'm not sure if they ever patched that but it was more fun than the game itself.

reach is pretty good imho

iirc, PS3 had superior graphical ability but less ram

it was also completely superior on launch with some slight heating issues, but lost way too much money, so they gimped later models kind of like the ps1

good 360 games are kinda more personal opinion, but the ones i've had fun playing

Dark, Fable II, Gears of War I - III, Assassin's Creed I & II, Bayonetta, Bioshock 1 & 2, all of the Blazblues, Dante's Inferno, Darksiders I & II, Dragon Age: Origins, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, and Portal

but those are just to list a few

ps3 had static amount of ram while the xbox was ebin dynamic

I'll go ahead and tell you right now the backwards compatibility for the 360 is garbage. It didn't work for Mechassault, it didn't work for Phantom Crash, it didn't work for KOTOR2, it didn't work for *fucking Halo*. It doesn't work. It sucks ass. The audio is garbled, it's really sluggish, and will probably crash on you. Don't get your hopes up.

In what way was the 360 different? How was the PS3 version closer?
And did Marvel have the same input lag as SF4?

it never worked for me on the ps2, i don't like the one on the 360. it's like $30 to get an xbox original on ebay and those can have their disc drives easily replaced

I can't possibly fathom why your backwards compatibility didn't work for the PS2 but buying an old Xbox is what I'd do too. It has at least a couple games worth playing and you can play peripheral games like Steel Battalion.

I don't claim to be 100% correct but to the best of my memory:

I don't know able Marvel (last one I played seriously was 2). SFxT has the same problem as SFIV across because it's based on the SFIV engine.

Again sorry, running on no sleep.

Also, the reason most tournaments use the 360 for SFIV is out of all the options available it's the the most simple to set-up/run and the most consistent in its timing. Ideally they would roll in an arcade cabinet but that would cost the venue a ton of money to buy and maintain and it wouldn't be compatible with all of the sticks/controllers people bring in.

Behind that would be a PC to mimic the arcade version as closely as possible with a custom config. But again..controllers, you can't hot swap controllers like you can with the consoles so it's a no go.

PS3 drops frames so it's automatically out. That leaves you with the 360.

One of the reasons Sony threw all that money behind SFV is so their console would be featured on the main stage more often. It was embarrassing to see a long time Japanese franchise begin played on an American console at the biggest tournament of the year.

Since I'm spamming this thread up I might as well mention another game. It isn't exclusive but the PS3 version is by far inferior.

Red Dead Redemption, multiplayer isn't completely dead and it has a decent story. Don't bother buying the DLC you can get it all for free, just download it from a torrent and put it on a thumb drive. That trick works for all DLC that was released on disc since it's unsigned.

Also, if you have a friend that's willing to help you out you can do a license transfer. Basically, you keep their account on your console and you can download/play anything in their download history. Most stuff doesn't check what account you're using beyond the initial loading screen, so you just swap accounts when you want to play one of their games then hop back on yours.

Call of Duty and a lot of AAA titles block it but most stuff does work. Almost all DLC works as well, I have to use this to play some older content I bought on my original account.

They aren't exclusives to it really, but they aren't on PC, so: Vanquish, Asura's Wrath

Vanquish is a 3rd person shooter witrh CURAHZEE jet boots and shit

Asura's Wrath is really more of an interactive anime then a game but it's incredibly entertaining and hype as shit as long as you can enjoy dumb over the top action. You also punch god in the face so hard it makes the big bang, though that's DLC only.

A good litmus test for AW's is this. Does a game/anime full of shit like webm related that only gets more insanely ridiculous in scale from here sound fun to you? If so, get it and the DLC. If not, just watch it on youtube, you don't miss much by doing so and don't pay money

Also the Halo games

Another example

I love me some Asura's Wrath.

Gentlemen of fine taste.

Why the fuck would you recommend a PC game? And a shitty one at that.

Add that, it's pretty good. Both PC ports of The Suffering suck shit.

Medal Of Honor Unlimited Edition
Quake 4
Timeshift
PREY
All the Dead Space games
Condemned 1 and 2
FEAR + Files(not canon but still fun as shit)
FEAR 2
FEAR 3 only if you end up loving FEAR 1+2.

Understand with FEAR 3 you will end up hating the gameplay. Warner Bros essentially raped the series and added a spopy cod twist to what was a great gameplay system on its own. I bought it only for my love of the story and series.

I've been really meaning to go back and play both of those games.

Shit, and on PC.
Shit, and on PC.
Shit, and on PC
On PC
Not very good and on PC
Shit.
Why the hell would anyone not play this on PC?
Mediocre, and on fucking PC.
If you loved the first games then you'll absolutely fucking abhor this game. The story is shit too.

Stop recommending shit and games that are infinitely better on PC. List 360/Xbox games, and console only multiplats.

Armored Core For Answer and Verdict Day
Rez HD
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
Vanquish
Chrome Hounds
Gaylo 3
Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesparia
Infinite Undiscovery

I don't give a fuck that they're on the PC user. I get a constant framerate and good controls on the 360. No hardware fuckery or driver issues with these aging games.

Didn't know that actually

I didn't know you liked nigger dick so much user. I bet you hated the Lodge level didn't you?

Only decent point you make, and I have it on PC as well. The instant action maps are one reason. The other reason is above.

I know, but I still wanted get some sort of an end. Even if this game was just a big aborted fetus I had to mop up off the floor.

Give me some games that you don't think are shit then, user.

You don't know how things work around here do you?
OP asked for exclusives not shit he can get on his PC, it's considered pointless to recommend shit you can get on PC when in a console thread. Since people only buy consoles for the exclusives.
Haha, you're trying so hard to fit in. The lodge level with the bear is the only good thing in that game, because of how tense you got. What a shitty sequel.
Pretty sure I'm not hating on all of these but here.
Sage because lack of shit relating to thread.

How similar to Crackdown 2 is the first Crackdown? I didn't really enjoy the sequel and I don't want to waste time by getting the first game if they are basically the same (which is what I have heard).

Same map, better gameplay but less originality.

I hear they're basically the same, but the original has more structure to it and doesn't have constant wave clearing of zombie mutants

How do I go about modding a 360 ?

Look up Reset Glitch Hack for the fool experience or J-TAG if you are lazy.

anyone have some mega links for some original or 360 games?

recently got my 360 hooked up again and updated the glitch….might as well catch up on this console since this gen has gone to shit

The only decent site that i've found is a spic site, it has pretty much every game or DLC that i searched for. Already downloading Dodonpachi from it.
solopormega.com/category/juegos/xbox360-rgh/
(Requires an account, just use a burner email account for it like Temp mail)

He said they were preferred, not that we couldn't give good titles on the console.

Not if you're not a pc gamer. I used to be, but I prefer games on consoles because of the hassle I save.

lol you called nearly everything in the list shit. And some of those games you gave aren't even get on the 360, which was one of the actual requests by OP.

For someone who can't even follow the OP's directions, I find these statments hilarious.

thanks I'll be checking it out

grabbed two games….both in spic
do they have any engrish games?

Sure is fucking Summer in here. Go back to Reddit kiddo.