3DS Homebrew Bunker: Everything-Free Edition

DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS BROKEN
UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
Memchunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus piracy and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
AFTER 11.0, DOWNGRADING IS BROKEN INDEFINITELY.
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrades are possible, but browserhax is broken. You must have a secondary exploit game (Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time 3D, soon Pokemon ORAS) In order to use these, you must have another 3DS with homebrew or a Powersaves (OOT3D ONLY). For more info on Powersaves, go here gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
No Downgrades. Homebrew is back working again, but you're fucked for downgrades unless you have a hardmod or cfw already. If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
gbatemp.net/threads/early-w-i-p-ds-emulation-on-3ds.430223/
archive.is/yReRc
ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-console-Monster-Hunter-X-kisekae-plate-pack-Japan-cross-/252136597080?hash=item3ab4832658:g:FDoAAOSw9mFWKNAP
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273803-mega-nintendo-picross-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-rf-cfw-gw.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
mega3dsroms.blogspot.cl/2016/01/3ds-cia-fire-emblem-if-special-edition.html
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63676&page=1
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220&p=4406493
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/271417-gdrive-rf-billy-cia-eshop-vc-undub-fe-fates-se-eur-disney-art-02-06-16-a.html
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272976-mega-jsnowden-usa-rf-ad-free-updated-5-15-16-a.html
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/262740-mega-icd-wolfpacs-cia-corner-batch-games-added.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Fire_Emblem_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_(Japan)_[En_by_Dark_Twilkitri_Net_v0.87d]_(~Fire_Emblem_-_Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War)/33752
mega3dsroms.blogspot.com.br/
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart
github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases
github.com/d0k3/MiniPasta)
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases/tag/1.8.7
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
gbatemp.net/threads/release-yellows8s-homebrew-launcher-loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/274399-mega-7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-usa-cryptofixed-regionfree.html
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275090-mega-monster-hunter-generations-demo-cia-eur-usa.html
mega.nz/#!UdE3HTZS!2W99GnB0b1e8jHprLHwdMnwfYSWXYKBG9k0QQrbmL8Y
mega.nz/#!hY0GBSBa!-qtcGUTX8kSbgp7tqWFXlnJe2RPCtpKoFfICOJfiYxU
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
homebrew-connection.org/3ds-parental-tool-remove-the-parental-restricition-easily/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Updating from rxTools
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

taiko no tatsujin the 3rd one leak when?

I need some help regarding MH4U. I tried multiple cias and they all gave be errors on startup. I eventually just bought a cheap physical copy which worked fine until I attempted to go online to play with a friend, which gave me an error stating I needed to update my system even though my emunand is up-to-date. Now I'm getting the same bootup error the MH4U cia had with MH:X cias. Does anyone have tips or info that could help me solve this?

What does the bootup error say?

What CFW are you using?
What firm are you using?
What 3ds type?

Specially I mean, as in word for word, maybe a search for that message will help

I'm using ReiNand on 11.0 O3DSXL

Specifically it says "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again."

If you have Cakes try going to the patches and select "Survive reboots when launching some titles". I had the same fucking problem with MHX and it took days until I found the solution.

It seems that DS emulation is coming to the 3DS.

gbatemp.net/threads/early-w-i-p-ds-emulation-on-3ds.430223/

I hope they make it better than the DS emulation on PSP but I want to be realistic about it. Anyway, this is good news!

Archive if Holla Forums fucks my link.
archive.is/yReRc

weird, is the only game that suffers that problem?

rei refuses to put reboot patches into reinand because he doesn't have a good solution. Either use cakes or luma for that, if you're on o3ds.

It's a small pool, MH4U and Smash are the biggest two off the top of my head.

Try Luma's nightlies.
I had problems with MHX until I updated luma.

Fuck DS emulation.
Where the fuck is OpenTTD 3D?!

Right, I'll swap to Luma and give it a shot. Thanks anons.

Is this a good place to ask for modding help?

is there a board or thread here in 8 dedicated for modding?

If there is, it's dead.
It really depends on what you want to mod.

Hell yeah

This is how I've been avoiding crashes in Story of Seasons
I think it's a memory issue that causes it. Anyway it's a good game besides that.

saw it, highly doubtful it goes anywhere.

I appreciate the effort and I'd love if it came to pass, but in the near future I don't see anything coming of it. Flash Carts are still the way to go for a while.

We got >>>/vm/

I just have trouble getting my romfs file or whatever the fuck comes from cxi.

ctrtools is used for that but when I do the command prompt on the file, it tells me that there's no such thing as a ctrltool command and tells me to fuck off

I placed my cxi file in the root of the ctrtool file too and tried changing the location of the cxi but nope.

oh shit nigga it worked nevermind then

I don't have too much faith considering that this is Desmume emulation and not the 3DS emulation but I want to believe. At least there is footage.

there's a release in the thread which is the most convincing part, and considering it's in .3dsx it means there's a good possibility granted a .cia version comes out it could be okay, but nothing can replace using a real flash cart with TWL_FIRM.

Of course, I don't expect the emulator to run smoothly on O3DS neither N3DS, but it's better than nothing.

Instead of emulating the hardware why doesn't it just use it? The 3DS has a built in arm9 processor, all you need is software that could act like a flashcart.

The 3DS has to unload the 3DS FW to start loading the TWL_FIRM which is why it takes so long to load and you can't hit home to go to the menu.

In doing this, it means that it's a lot harder to start applying patches to twl_firm.

Anyone know what firmware the jap MHX N3ds is?

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-console-Monster-Hunter-X-kisekae-plate-pack-Japan-cross-/252136597080?hash=item3ab4832658:g:FDoAAOSw9mFWKNAP

Anyone know what firmware the jap MHX N3ds is?

let me post

if it's coming out of a warehouse it'll probably be somewhere in the 8.x-9.x range, if it's pretty recent it should have 10.x. Nothing should ship with 11.0 right now except for refurbs. As a reminder, if you get a 10.6/10.7 console you will have to buy a japanese oot3d cart, and if you get one with 8.1J you're just screwed.

So apparently the A9LH payload got an update, is it worth reinstalling?

How perverse! But seriously, why? Just imagine the horrendous battery life even if it was 100% compatible, you really should just use a flash card.

Awaiting a port. You have the source code.

I got my N3DS from a pawn shop type place and they let me actually check what they were running. Got a 9.6 one and it's nicely hacked now.

I updated my 3DS to A9LH v2, I don't think it's of any significance as of yet (no better boot time or anything), so I would say if you don't care don't bother.

the aeskeydb.bin file is pretty neat though, you can replace all the slotkey.bins with just one file.

question, if I made my n3ds reinand a month ago, would It be a good idea to switch things around? Also, how do I go about putting snes games and genesis games onto my system?

snes games shouldn't be a problem since the N3DS can run them easily. I haven't tried with Genesis games tho.
And what do you mean to switch things around? if you mean about changing to arm9 or change to Luma + menuhax then I don't see the problem.

Does anyone have a good location to get the Legend of Zelda Picross game? I've checked 3DS MEGA and 3DSiso and neither of them seem to have it.

Just asking if I should. I don't have any problems with Reinand but I know the process I used is completely different than the dummies guide now. Also is there anything different about putting virtual console games on?

I would recommend you to switch to arm9 + Luma since is the best choice right now, it's kinda difficult but with patience and reading the instructions before acting then you shouldn't have risks to brick your console. Now, if you don't want to change to arm9 I recommend you to change to Luma + menuhax since is the best CFW right now if I'm not mistaken.

Here you have it.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273803-mega-nintendo-picross-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-rf-cfw-gw.html

I think is the same process with gba games (I'm not sure tho) if you have both nands separated then you have to install the cia on both, if not then just install the cia on the emunand,

If I already have a good setup with my Emunand, which includes my NNID, should I bother to switch to A9LH?

Only if you're interested on the benefits of A9LH, if you just want to play games and you know nobody else except you will use the console then you can avoid it. However, I would recommend switch to A9LH since is safer than Emunand but that's up to you.

the process takes time and you should be careful but now there are better and safer tools to switch to A9LH but you still have to read carefully and do every step with caution.

Is an 8gb SD card big enough to bother pirating with?

Yeah, but depends on your 3ds, o3ds requires you 1GB to create the emunand while n3ds requires you 2GB but is enough to pirate some games, you can always switch to A9LH to avoid wasting those GB into an emunand.

I was doing shit on a 4gb card and it was big enough to be worth doing. Just gotta pick your games carefully. It is rather cumbersome having to keep track of space for every step of the A9LH process and all of the backups/restores that are necessary, though.

Good news is, once you've A9LH'd you can just copy the files over to a larger fat32 card later and retain all functionality. I've got a 128gb in there now and my home screen is completely packed with games – reminds me of my good old R4DS with its microSD card and 200 games from back in the day.

I wish there were a better layout for the 3DS. I just want the "details" view from Windows Explorer instead of all these tiny icons.

Speaking of DS back in the day, what are some good rhythm games like Elite Beat Agents? I have Theatrhythm: FF and it's pretty damn good. Also got Miku project but it's a shit tbh.

Taiko No Tatsujin is pretty good, get the 2nd one because there's a modded DLC that adds the first game's songs as DLC, or you can wait 6 days for the 3rd game to come out.

Thanks user, I'll give it a download!

Okay guys, I've got a problem that's been haunting me for some days now. I got over-eager to get homebrew working and fucked up my pokemon save.

The mistake:

Now Pokeman Omega Ruby isn't installed and I want to harvest the save from my backup on disk, or at least figure out how to remount the backup on my DS so I can launch the save again (or at least access it using the save manager).

Just thought of an approach as I wrote this. If I flash my emuNAND with the backup of my original sysNAND from the beginning of this process and copy my backed-up premod SD card contents, will I be able to launch pokemon from emuNAND?

So, to use the .cias in the resource pack, do I just copy them to root? The cia reader itself is a .cia, so it makes me nervous. For the record, I have my NAND, EmuNAND, LAUNCHER.DAT (5683 MB), and Luma3DS on my SD card (along with my menuhax homebrew launcher and the data I backed up onto my computer before EmuNAND formatting), and my machine is an O3DS. Haven't powered on my 3DS since formatting for the emunand.

you shouldn't need a launcher.dat after you have luma3ds set up, and it can't be 5 GB so I don't know where you're pulling that from. You can put the .cias anywhere you want but you have to install them. the FBI.cia is the installer, to get it in the first place you have to inject it into the Health and Safety application.

if you make an emunand with the original backup it might work but you should be able to launch it on a different nand as long as it has the same internal id. Try installing it again then copy it back.

I was too lazy to do A9LH for the longest time. I went through the lengthy process the other day, and I think it's worth it just for 100% boot rate. Everything worked on the first try for me, far different than the nerve-wracking process of initially downgrading to 9.2 back in January. If you can follow instructions, it's easy, just tedious. Now I want to get a small-version New 3DS to setup. Might have to import one.

Might be a stupid question but how would I transfer the save data from my o3ds emunand to a n3ds with a9lh?
Is it as simple as moving some files from the sd cards or what?

You can use svdt to make backups of save data, then copy it back into the game. Launch it from HBL inside emunand though or it won't see the games.

Alright Holla Forums, so I was able to use browserhax to install menuhax onto my 3DS (16GB SDHC card and firmware 10.3.0 or something) so now I can access the homebrew launcher by holding down on the D-Pad while the system is booting, and I have a few questions about where to go/what to do next, as well as what's safe or unsafe for my 3DS.

Thanks, user.

downgrade your shit, read the guide linked in the op.

you can update your emunand if you want to use emunand, if you set up A9LH you can update your sysnand fine.

Either way once you get set up you can do as much online stuff as you want and keep updated in one way or another.

Alright, I've downgraded the firmware, backed up the sysNAND stuff with the EMUNAND9, should I continue to the third step in this guide (the RedNAND)? Or is this the point where better software is available? Just want to make sure I do this 100% efficiently and without fucking anything up.

That guide is kept up to date just keep going off of it.

Uh… does that mean literally going into "other settings" and selecting "system update"? Kinda nervous about that certainly don't want to mess this part up.

Wanted to add I do see the "Emu" before my firmware number on the settings.

Thanks piracy.

if you see emu then it's safe to update.

Gotcha. Thanks user. About 80% through the hacking process, surprised how smooth it's gone despite being such a convoluted process. Reformatting and reinstalling menuhax several times is a little bit tedious but so far so good aside from that.

I managed to update my original sysnand instead of my emunand.
Now I can't access my emunand anymore. Not only that, the eShop doesn't even recognize the prevously-bought games as 'bought' anymore.
Fuck.

why? what's the fucking point? Make a Saturn emulator if you want to make a 3D console emulator on 3DS.

So if I'm on an old ReiNand EmuNand, can I just start here and install Luma's NTR firmware over the 10.7 Rei/Emunand?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

you're using the same nand for both, just swap the files. NTR is not luma nor a part of luma, luma just supports the loading of an older firmware.bin so that it can load NTR.

Meaning from this list:

New 3DS / Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - EUR (Mirror)
New 3DS / Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - JAP (Mirror)
New 3DS / Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - USA (Mirror)

Then just follow the steps from there? To be honest I have no idea what NTR is or even stands for. Sorry for being an idiot

Alright. After several hours of reformatting this, reinstalling that, blablabla I have a perfectly healthy hacked 3DS. I have only one question though, is there a custom baneposting theme floating around anywhere?

Doesn't look like it

NTR is it's own thing that you can load through a cfw.

If you're already on reinand, just delete the rei folder, reinand.dat, and reinand from the /3ds/ folder and put luma in.

alright, call me a faggot for being so out of the loop you can call me a slowpoke, but is there a working English patch for FE: If, and how the fug do I install it?

or better yet, is there some way to access the lewd scenes in the shitty english version?

O-okay, then just follow the guide from there, right?

Just download the already patched version (don't contains Revelations tho)

Yup, just swap the files if you already have ReiNand, remember to have a backup on any case.

Just download the already patched version (don't contains Revelations tho)

Yup, just swap the files if you already have ReiNand, remember to have a backup on any case.

let me post

Thanks man, I'll try it tomorrow when my head's on a little straight. Thank you.

Now that I've got my 3DS 100% CFW'd with Luma and whatever would it be safe to go on eshop, play online (for the games I own), etc?

Even for pirate games playing online should be safe, I've played online several games and no problem.

I'll take your word for it. Even for updating firmware (and on pirated games too)?

Are you a9lh or just CFW?
If CFW, are your nands unlinked?

A9LH I'm pretty sure. Followed the guide in the thread to the bone.

Thanks user.

Is the internal ID just numbering dependent on order of installation, or is it linked to the title?

Yeah, pirated games should be able to play online without risks.

Well alright.

No, no CIA yet.

Just do the plailect guide. There is way too much shit to wrap your head around without just diving into the guide – read about what you're doing as you go and you'll have a basic idea what the fuck is going on.

I have downloaded updates through eshop for Pokémon X/Y. Speaking of that, I also traded to someone else and apparently I was showing up as a "game ruiner" or something to that effect in the passerby list.

Can I update my homebrew launcher just by copy pasting shit? I don't have EmuNAND9 to back up the sysnand because I tried to do this stuff some time ago but ended up too intimidated to do more than downgrade to 9.2 and install homebrew

huge thanks to ya.

but now I've got a bretty huge problem. i use ironhax and i went down to 9.2, but when I did ironfall no longer worked.
so I try to go use browserhax, and when I tap the slider it kicks me back to the home screen. i went so far as to format my sd card and reapply the starter kit.
am i fugged?

are you using the qrcode to get to the slider?

yeah, but recently i did the trick where you turn off wireless and have it on auto-set when you enter the browser.

I was able to install emunand9 just by dragging it into the folder

New question, if I format a new SD card with emunand9 and install the starter shit do I have to do browser hax again or will it just werk?

when I did it, entering the website never worked but using the qrcode worked immediately both times I did it. I don't really know anything else about it

Somewhat related, but is there any new progress on the Fire Emblem fantranslation? Last I heard, the old team quit and a new one picked up where they left off.

That's exactly how things still are. No new updates or progress to report and the games are shit anyway. If I may point you to an actually good Fire Emblem game with a superior and complete retranslation, look no further than serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63676&page=1

Why can't I use online functionality in any of my games anymore?

I have A9LH and boot to sysnand, have it fully updated (11.0.0-33U). It was working fine a few days ago, but now anytime I try to go online (even on games I run with a legit cartridge) I get the "system requires an update" error screen. This seems to apply to all games with online functionality – 2 different pokemon games, smash, mario kart, etc.

Any ideas?

Oh neat, thanks dude. I don't know if my old M3 flashcard can play it on A9LH 3DS, but even if it doesn't I still have my emulator.

Anyone here familiar with wii U piracy? The thread fell off and I need a spoonfeed guide.

Use the nightly version of luma, I think.

Wow user, thank you!

Out of curiosity – do you understand how this would have broken? When I did this I kinda expected to never need to use that Luma updater.

Something fucked the friends list in the stable release, that causes problems with every app that uses the friends list.

Does Luma autoupdate or something? It was working, then ceased to work seemingly on its own.

If you want help you'll have to be waay more specific. What hacks are you using, and how is it broken? Black screen maybe?

Does anyone have a randomized CIA of Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS?

It's fixed; updating Luma fixed it. I'm just curious how it broke as I wasn't aware of changing anything between when it worked and when it died.

Get the homebrew launcher, the last stable of loadiine and the last nightly of loadiine and copy all of their wiiu/apps folders to the SD card so D:/wiiu/apps/loadiine etc

Then put your games in wiiu/games with their ID like Wonderful 101[ACME01]. Load the homebrew launcher through the browser by going to loadiine.ovh and then start loadiine.

it's a console ID, you'll be safe with whatever.

yes. You can update a lot of stuff by copy-pasting, CFW and homebrew launcher included.

you have to have a way into the homebrew launcher so yes you have to load browserhax, unless you already had menuhax setup.

That looks fucking hot, going on the flash cart.

version 11.0 broke online functionality in luma at 5.4, if you update to 5.5 it was fixed.

Luma does not autoupdate, however there is an updater cia available. Included in the utilities pack at the top, as well as linked.

Probably a retarded ass question but, what will happen if you send a CFW N3DS in to replace the screens? I got Arm9 with Aureinand if that matters. Has anyone tried to send in for repair?

Nintendo has been known to update/reflash official firmware when stuff gets sent in. If you can do it yourself it's probably a good idea.

My strategy is if it's on warrenty, just send the fucker in and trade it for a older one, perferably the same model.

Your warranty is probably void the second they see you've been fucking with it. If you're lucky they won't update it before sending it back to you unrepaired. You're in the land of do-it-yourself now.

So updating from rxTool to Luma, what option do I pick on the luma config screen

just pick whatever is relevant to you
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

check enable region emulation, show current nand, and show gba boot screen if you want it. If you want to shift to A9LH the other settings will be more useful but emunand doesn't need any of the other stuff.

Alright thanks, time to update this fucker's firmware now

Does anyone have a recommended games list?

Just finished Kirby Planet Robobot.

THAT. PLAYABLE. GIGA. DRILL. BREAKER.

It was fun. Lots of fun. Definitely recommending it.

The project continues right now but slowly, another group took the project a few days ago and now are translating it.

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220&p=4406493

I am so over giving myself heightened anxiety over this children's plaything. Especially since mine is jap and I am bad at reading it. That thing with the square head betrayed me and tricked me into upgrading to 9.7 once and I know he will try it again.

New zygarde forms finally exist.
Why weren't these a part of X/Y again?

I think they made the right call.

Anybody got a CIA for US Star Fox 64 3D?

I didn't really care for kalos but honestly if you're going to make a big deal out of it do what you were planning to do in the games you were planning to do it in, why jump the gun and make a big deal in the anime after you decide not to do anything with it in X/Y?

can you spend the 20 seconds it takes to find that on 3dsiso or do you just like begging?

And besides even after making a dumb account I can only find the Yuropoor version and I don't feel like fucking around with region encoding crap.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/271417-gdrive-rf-billy-cia-eshop-vc-undub-fe-fates-se-eur-disney-art-02-06-16-a.html

or second, or third.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272976-mega-jsnowden-usa-rf-ad-free-updated-5-15-16-a.html

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/262740-mega-icd-wolfpacs-cia-corner-batch-games-added.html

all 3 in USA format, the second one even in direct mega link.

what

what the fuck am I reading?

Do you know if blargSnes can run it? I heard that the 3DS crashes with the translation patch.

I have a new 3ds, 9.2, ninjhax to open homebrew channel and reinand to use emunand. Will A9LH allow me to play any 3ds game online? Is there zero chance of bricking if I do it right? Will I always be able to stay on latest firmware and play online with A9LH? Anything I should be cautious about?

the chance of bricking is very slim, 99% of bricks are people who can't read correctly. You can always stay on the latest firmware and play online. You should be able to play online with emunand too, but whatever. Be careful about the downgrade to 2.1, just read the instructions and get the dump done fairly quickly because some new 3ds' have been known to brick being put into sleep mode on 2.1.

Cool, I'm reading the guide now. 3ds homebrew is GOTY 2015 and 2016, I thought before that I would be stuck with no online multiplayer but it'll be cool to finally try Smash and MK7 online now.

Actually, fuck, I just checked and my sysnand is actually ver 9.0.0-20U. So obviously I can't follow the guide to downgrade, I actually need to upgrade only to ver 9.2.0. How do I do that?

just read up on here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

and you should be good.

Also, as an FYI you should download something like FreeShop and get an encTitleKeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com and download direct to your 3ds instead of using 3dsiso if you're that upset about ad links.

That chart doesn't include 9.x.x < 9.2.0, It just has 1-8. I need to go from 9.0.0-20U to 9.2.0.

if you have the browser and you can get into the homebrew launcher just follow the downgrade steps and it will do an upgrade instead. SysUpdater can do up and downgrades.

as far as I know though most stuff should work the same on 9.0, but if not do try an update with 9.2.

If you're going to install A9LH then it's not really worth bothering if you can go with 9.0.

I have ninjhax, not the browser exploit, if that matters.

So I can use 9.0.0 instead of 9.2.0 and everything should work perfectly? Are you 100% sure that I won't brick if I do that?

not 100% sure but if you really want to update to 9.2 and you can get into the homebrew channel now, make a backup of your 9.0 with decrypt9 or emunand9 beforehand.

it shouldn't matter what you're using it just saves you some time from using the browser.

Ok, I also found a forum thread on gbatemp that says basically the same thing. I'm going to start this whole process in a bit. Thanks for all the help user!

as a .cia inject it'll crash because it's too big
I'll test it right now.
…using blargsnes as a .cia, it will also crash, so I bet using the homebrew version will also crash

It's not viable currently on 3DS I guess, which is really a shame considering vanilla worked pretty much flawlessly on it.

For some reason this version seemed to work with no problems on blargSnes

emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Fire_Emblem_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_(Japan)_[En_by_Dark_Twilkitri_Net_v0.87d]_(~Fire_Emblem_-_Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War)/33752

However is not the latest version but it's better than nothing.

That's the old translation patch that was never actually finished. Project Naga is infinitely better, if you need an English translation to play.

Well, I guess there's else to do except wait for an update of blargSnes.

You're going to be waiting a while, the guy working on it hit a wall with the hardware rendering and was having trouble.

It wasn't just a Giga Drill, it was the exact sequence that killed the Anti Spiral. If only the game went on longer, and you got bigger and bigger versions of the ride armour. Oh well. The only problem is the Giga Wing/Halberd didn't transform. That was a actually fairly disappointing, but it didn't do much to ruin an amazing game.

Guys, just a quick question.
I'm on step 24 of the part 4 of the guide, and I've got the sysNAND_original.bin, and the emuNAND_original.bin files.
However, when I compare the size of the files for the n3ds, I get that the emuNAND file matches the Samsung NAND, and the sysNAND matches the Toshiba NAND.
Is this supposed to happen?

this is understandable. When you make a redNAND it disregards the size of your real nand chip and makes a minimum size dump - the smallest that that model 3ds can have, which specifically will be the samsung nand. The original emunand would match but since you're using rednand it compresses itself.

In short, it's nothing to worry about it just means you have a toshiba nand.

So, should I just continue?

yeah just keep going from there.

Thanks for the answer, I'm a poorfag and I'm nervous as fuck, since I don't want to brick my n3ds.
Let's do this.

Luma3DS can't seem to load into the redNAND, wat do?

Are you sure you're using the correct password?
mega3dsroms.blogspot.com.br/

If that's not the problem are you sure you downloaded every file correctly? because I had no problems when I downloaded Fates from that site.

Is there something I'm missing, or am I fugged and need to get a bigger SD card?

I figured out what went wrong – 7zip was just being a dick so I used WinRAR.

polite sage.

Just get a bigger SD card user, it's way more fun having a hacked system when you have access to many games anyway.

well, shoot. ah well, if shilling out some bucks for a bigger SD card gets me gorillions of dollars in games, then I'm damn happy.

I have Reinand CFW for my emunand needs, but the A9LH Guide needs me to have Luma3ds. My Reinand emunand is unlinked to sysnand, of course. How do I replace Reinand with Luma3ds?

I was still on rxTools before I started, I just dropped the requisite Luma3DS files into place and picked the different option from HBL on boot. Then follow the guide from part 4 and pretend emuNAND = RedNAND anywhere it's referenced. The most time-consuming thing is making backups at every step, but you'll be glad you did if you screw up or something goes wrong.

Ok, so you actually left rxtools as it was? Should I follow part 3 on the guide (Rednand) exactly, or do I skip any steps? Would both CFWs be accessing the same emunand?

The emuNAND is functionally the same as RedNAND, you don't need to do anything from part 3 unless you just want to enable the "Emu" label on firmware version in system settings (step 13-15, Luma shows its config on first boot). Luma will load the emuNAND you already have in place, and since you're unlinked already you're ready for part 4.

Both CFWs will load the same emuNAND, but I didn't bother leaving rxTools in place. Luma completely replaces it, and I had the old rxtools zip to put it back if something went wrong.

This is important, so I'm repeating it. EmuNAND = RedNAND. After A9LH install, the image that I imported to my sysNAND was the backup of emuNAND I had made previously in the guide, there is no "conversion" to redNAND. You don't need step 3 at all. The reason this is important is that the guide is sensitive to how many times you format NANDs. If you go through part 3 again, you'll format your sysNAND a second time, probably re-link your NANDs when part 4 tells you to format emuNAND twice, and expose yourself to risk of bricking during the 2.1.0 downgrade. Pic related, excerpt of part 4's explanation.

Meant part 3 of the guide there, just to be clear.

Anyone got a how-to on using DS Flashcarts?
Trying to buy a secondhand flashcart off one of my mates, but I need to know which ones will/won't work, as well as the pros and cons. He has a fair few of them, just need to know which I should spring for.

Do I have to do the thing with replacing the sysnand or can I already playgaem with the rednand because it's making my head spin and I don't want to do it and fuck something up if I don't have to

I should probably have spent 3 seconds to read the thread

If you've got emunand/rednand set up and have Luma3DS or RxTools or whatever as a loader for it then you can use that system to playgaem already and everything after that for A9LH is totally optional

I got my own emunand set up around January during the golden age of JustPingo's attention-whoring and the first appearances of memchunkhax and the only change I've made from RxTools in that time was shifting to Luma3DS, I'm not interested in A9LH whatsoever

3DS emulator when?

I'm aware of Citra but I think you need to have a real system (or a supplier) to decrypt roms so Citra can even play them and the emulator's still pretty incomplete

where to place cia

a flashcart is the only way of playing DS games on 3DS
get the name of a flashcart and google for it's compatibility
some incompatible flashcarts will still work because of CFW
other than that, they are pretty much plug and play as you don't need to do shit
there are flashcarts that let you emulate GBA but 3DS already does that
there are also ones that have real time save function which might be your thing

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart
here list of compatible shit

i'm not sure if luma 3ds lets you use whatever flashcart you want so someone please correct me

He presumably means that "hi I'm here to set up your wifi!" guy. He also appears for 3D calibration.

Luma3DS should patch out the blacklisting. Not actually sure, my sysNAND was hard-patched before I switched to A9LH.

Place cias whereever but you need a cia installer to be able to use them, if you don't have it installed through using Pasta to install a cia installer to sysnand and then carrying it over when cloning sysnand to emunand/rednand then I think you can use Decrypt9 to install FBI over the H&S app without having to clone a new emunand

Make sure you unlink your nands though, you do that by formatting one nand or the other (formatting sysnand is suggested so you don't have to set up your NNID all over again). github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases

I did format my sysnand. I installed the rednand twice though because I didn't know if it worked, does that count as a format?

If you cloned sys to emu, formatted sys, then cloned sys to emu again you'll need to re-format.

I cloned to emu, cloned again, and then formatting was sys was the last thing I've done

You're fine then. Cloning a second time re-created the emuNAND, so formatting sysNAND after that should have you unlinked.

You're good in that event, recloning it to make sure and then formatting means you're fine.

Is using FBI from the homebrew launcher not good enough? Will that install to sysnand? I don't see how to do it with Decrypt9

make sure you go into the settings menu once before trying it, if it still keeps failing then try loading it with something like reinand as well.

you can use rednand to load and play games if you would like but I typically recommend taking the extra step to install A9LH just to make boots less obnoxious.

Citra exists but you have to have decrypted roms.

Luma does patch out the blacklisting for sure.

in decrypt9, you have to go to EmuNAND/SysNAND options, Misc and you'll see health&safety dump. Do that, then use the Universal Injector to put FBI into it, then do an H&S Inject.

FBI as a CIA?

If you can finagle a way to get into the homebrew launcher on emunand, by all means install FBI as a cia that way.

HBL FBI will install to whatever nand it's currently running, so FBI on sysnand (you'd need Pasta to bypass signature checks github.com/d0k3/MiniPasta) installs to sysnand and FBI on emunand installs to emunand.

I'm not sure of how to use Decrypt9 either since I haven't ever messed with it or needed to

yes, you should dump a health&safety.app, then you put the FBI.cia into the input folder with the health&safety, put it back on your SD, and inject with Decrypt9. You can then go into your nand and load FBI with health&safety. I would recommend installing FBI through FBI there because otherwise you have to re-inject for every update.

you can read part 4 of the installation guide for this, just follow steps 10-17 and ignore the rest if you don't want to do it.

Can I install FBI to my home menu through big blue menu?
I use mset to go into 11.0 rxtools

yes you can use BBM to install it, I would recommend replacing BBM with devmenu though because bbm is an older version. You can get devmenu in the utilities pack in OP.

You should also update your sysnand to 9.2 while you're at it so you can use newer and updated cfw.

When trying to inject I get an error that it's the wrong size, both with and without banner

Installed decrypt9 and now it works, and I used it to install itself. This is pretty funny. Gonna try a random jap CIA now and if that works I'll try to do a US one by changing that textfile in luma or whatever

You don't need to use text files for language emulation in Luma except for some rare circumstances like loading the fire emblem fates translated dlc.

gud shit

Alright, I need help. So awhile back I started hacking my ds and got to installing arm9loader hax but every time I went to download it mt ds would freeze. So here I am trying again and I updated because I'm fairly sure my ds auto boots into emunand. Now when I visit the page it gives me loading arm11.bin forever but it isn't frozen. Did I fuck up by updating? Also I can't access CFW when I boot but this was before and after updating.

Also how the ever living ==FUCK== do I transfer SD cards? I may have also done another stupid thing but I tried using a microsd with adapter to act as an sd card. will this work? If it can work then what am I doing wrong?

You can only dump your otp if you're on 2.1. If you dumped your otp already then you can install a9lh through the homebrew launcher on 9.2.

Since you're using emunand you need to make a backup of your emunand using decrypt9/emunand9, put your new SD card in and format it for emunand, then restore your backup on that SD card.

Has CIAngel been known to do weird things to he 3DS?

This is an issue a friend of mine is having, not me personally, so I'm doing my best to relay the symptoms.

CIAngel disappeared from the system randomly. The icon vanished, and it was no longer displayed in System Settings. After that, when he tried to exit System Settings, the screen went black and the nand never booted back up. He tried several times to boot it again but kept getting the black screen. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

CIAngel shouldn't be able to do anything like that. It's possible the SD card was dying, or they went past the 300 home screen title limit. Other than that no idea.

Which makes the issue even more confusing, because the SD card is still functional and all of the files are intact as far as I can tell.

How big is the card? Could've he installed more than 300?

That is insanely helpful dude, thank you. You made it really clear. I went to sleep before I could read your response yesterday but if you're here, thanks again. Somewhere in the OP, this explanation should be added, I think.

It was 32 gigs, and he just downloaded CIAngel the other night, so there's no way he could've reached 300 that quickly.

What model is the SD card?
Have you tried other nands?
Have you tried dumping the Emunand to another card?

Is there a site that exists that has QR codes for.cias?

Glad I could help.

Are his NANDs unlinked? If he didn't do that, it could behave unexpectedly. It's the only thing I can imagine that would cause a game/program installed via cia to vanish without a trace, but I'm not incredibly familiar with the way the 3DS registers software tickets and such. It would take some mucking around to break that, though, and I imagine he'd be cognizant of having caused it.

make your own.

go here:
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases/tag/1.8.7

The SD is a Lexar.
He used the Plailect guide to install a9lh, and as far as I know, you can't switch between nands, else we'd have tried that.
We haven't dumped the emunand yet, though, and he did say he got a new SD card with more space, because he was asking me if it was safe to switch the files from one card to another.

The nands are unlinked and I know his for a fact because I was with him when he modded his 3DS.

I'm positive it has nothing to do with the way the emu is set up, at this point I'm assuming the issue is with the SD card itself, because I remember we had lots of issues trying to get his computer to read the SD card. Oftentimes, it wouldn't detect the card, and we would need to reboot the whole computer in order to get it detect properly. And I distinctly remember that at least once the 3DS wouldn't detect the card during the modding process.

isn't al9h just dropping the files from one card to another?
Try that.

If you're still here, I highly recommend nds-card.com, got my r4i sdhc flashcard from them.

He'll have to wait, because the new SD card is inbound. But thank you for the help nonetheless.

Guys, I'm on part 5 of the guide, loading dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on 2.1.0 n3ds, the lower screen is mangled and it's taking too long to do anything.
What should I do?

Weird, how does your lower screen looks?

Anyway, by any means remember DO NOT PUT YOUR NEW 3DS ON SLEEP MODE OR IT MAY BRICK.

I retried 3 times by turning the console off and on and on the last time it worked. Now I'm copying the OTP file to my PC.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Finished the whole instalation, FBI is working, Luma Updater is working, but I can't get the hblauncher to work. Any alternatives?

Homebrew launcher by cia?
gbatemp.net/threads/release-yellows8s-homebrew-launcher-loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/

Maybe a fail at the download? I never used CIAngel tho, maybe try with freeshop?

That's the version I'm using. It's stuck on the "Requesting the actual payload URL with HTTP…"

Anyone having problems getting online in smash?
It's failing to connect both here and on my friend's house.

What about downloading the payload manually and insert it into the SD card?

Do you have your console and smash updated on the latest version?

I guess, smash in 1.1.6
and emunand 11.0
It doesn't give me an error, just loads for a long ass time until I cancel it, then loads forever until I close and open the 3DS.

I'm using MicroSD right now and it's fine. To transfer, just copy the files from one card to the other. Just make sure the new one is formatted to FAT32, which is super easy to do once you have A9 up and running.

Yeah, I suppose I'll try that next. Are there any other recommended homebrew apps for retrieving .cias?

How can I do that?
Also, how can I delete installed CIAs? I installed TinyFormat and I'm afraid to click it by mistake.

I'm trying to do browserhax, but I constantly get a communication error.
Did the initialize data, did the date/time change, did everything that was required, but I keep on getting the error.
Anyone have any help for me?

You should be able to uninstall .cias through the 3DS' own settings menu, since they show up as normal programs.

I don't know what could it be then, maybe the DNS on your console? is it on auto-obtain?

Aside from CIAngel or freeshop nothing, remember to add the enctitlekey.bin on your freeshop folder to make it work.

I think you can download the otherapp payload from here but I haven't done this before since I download it from homebrew directly so I'm not sure if this work.
smealum.github.io/3ds/
just rename the payload as: hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-11-0-0-33-USA

and if you want to uninstall games then just do it with the console, if you want to delete the CIAs then use Big Blue Menu or FBI 2.2.6

Remember to change the NEW for OLD if you own a o3DS.

Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or some other free DNS, somebody I know couldn't use online period until changing his DNS from default.

I'm using tubehax's DNS, I was playing fine yesterday.

Tubehax is down.

plz respond

You on tubehax?

The actual exploit is, but its DNS still functions fine as a Nintendo-blocker last I checked. I know a lot of people use it so they don't get update nags.

I know, but right now the tubehax DNS is down for some reason. I should probably check smea's twitter or something.

No, I'm doing browserhax.

I know user.
Just keep trying, browserhax is notoriously shitty.

I tried it about 20 times now. I can't access it from the 3DS browser or my computer browser. Is it down right now?

Nope. Try changing your DNS.

For fuck's sake. I finally got it. Just had to persist. Had a panic attack there for a moment.
Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the support, I'm going to download some themes and get Kirby to check if this works.
Last two questions, though.
Can I put my system in Sleep Mode now?
What will happen with my legit games? I've got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Can I still play that normally?

If your 3DS is not on 2.1 then you can put the system on sleep mode without hesitation.
And yeah, no risk on playing online with pirated games too.

I got that too. The cia I downloaded from 3dsiso worked. Don't know if it's an anti-piracy measure in the game or if there's something missing on my end for use with CIAngel. I'm new to the "search name and download straight from Nintendo CDN" apps.

I have a quick question. I've followed the arm9loaderhax guide to the end of part 4. My 3DS blackscreens when the SD card is in, but is fine when the SD card is out. Where do I go from here? Is it safe to continue?

Alright, I downgraded my 3ds to 9.0.
I also have working menuhax.
Can I install Luma3DS right away or do I have to have 9.2 firmware?
Also, where can I find the guide on installing cfw, and is there anything I can/should do beforehand?

I'm pretty sure you were supposed to downgrade to 9.2 in the first place.
Once you do, you need to set up an emunand, then you can use Luma3DS/install games

Part 4 step 18:
It's normal. I had to do this, too.

Don't know why you'd downgrade to 9.0 instead of 9.2. Luma should still work, I think. Anyway, just follow the guide linked at the top of the OP starting with part 3 if you don't have emuNAND/redNAND setup yet. If you want to be super safe, upgrade to 9.2 first. I'm not sure if it's required to proceed, since every guide just assumes 9.2 as a starting point.

If I'm not mistaken at that part you may have to turn the console on without the SD card, and just then put the SD card in to continue.

If I'm right he even says that at the tutorial, try to check again and read some steps further.

Yeah I've done that. Do you just continue to part 5?

Yeah, it's safe.

Alright, thanks man

Looks like 9.0 runs just fine. The reason I downgraded to 9.0 was because I actually downgraded in January, when finding firmware wasn't as easy.I just never got around to doing more until now.

Sorry for the late reply, but are those benefits doubled on the N3DS? because my load times are quick as hell with an up to date reinand.

Both Luma and Reinand uses the New 3DS hardware so there isn't going to be much changes, however, if you use A9LH you won't need to use ctr9boot and that means less time and also more battery life since A9LH works on the SysNand and doesn't needs to rewrite everything on the SD like the EmuNand , also, on the new versions of Luma you can use the extra hardware of the N3DS on games that don't use it for more fps.

If I had paid 40 bucks for robobot, I would feel ripped off

I'm the user covering for my friend who posted a day or two ago.

I found out that the 3DS can boot Decrypt9 and the Luma3DS configuration app via their boot shortcuts (Start and Select), which means that the console must not be bricked. However, leaving the apps normally, we still get the black screen as usual, which means that we cannot access the home menu for some reason.

Is there any reason a console on a9lh would not be able to load the nand on boot?

Bumping this thread. Everyone must be distracted by E3.

can I in some way image my SD card to my PC and duplicate it to another SD card and will that preserve the rednand and stuff? And then I can just have a different one with different games?

Any of you faggots know how to edit save data? Something like the power save but using homebrew or importing the save data to the PC since Power Save require you to have the physical games.

IIRC there's a plugin for NTR that lets you rip saves.

I was actually investigating that, but I read that NTR needed to be in 9.2 firmware or inferior to work so I made a downgrade since I was in 10.something.

Now for some fucking reason my console won't even start up… I think I fucked up. Everything is black…

Which CFW is recommended? There are three in the OP, not including rxTools.

Alright so i fucked up big time. I need help

I'm guessins I have to reinstall my sysNAND_original and go back to a previous sysNAND then restart the process, but I'm not really sure and I don't want to fuck it anymore

This is smelling like a failed downgrade. And also, every downgrade guide I've seen warns you 10x times to make a backup incase it fucks up.

What Luma is, is a new firmware, in place of whatever else you were using. You've got a emunand_original, which you can use to get your sysnand back to 10, it's probabably the one you set up as your main one anyway. Usually sysnands get formatted into nothing in these guides to unlink them.

But I have a question now

I got a new 3ds off ebay and I've got a 3ds xl with homebrew setup, arm9hax and all. I already know how to transfer saves with svdt, but I wanna keep that thing my nintendo ID and I'm assuming the traditional system transfer does this.
Now do I setup homebrew on this new system and do a system transfer to get my ID and whatever else over, or do I need to revert my homebrew 3ds to whatever patch this new one coming in is at and delete all homebrew apps on it and do a system transfer?

I need help from any Linux users here.

I'm on part 4 step 13 of the guild in which I run either go.bat in Windows or go.sh via terminal in Linux to generate FBI_inject_with_banner.app. I did just now and it created a folder called "work" with "inject.app" inside. Is this what I'm supposed to inject into RedNAND or did something get screwed up?

I might do it anyway since I backed up RedNAND just before going into Decrypt9WIP, but I wanted to get feedback so I can avoid wasting time.

If the distro I'm using matters, I'm on Slackware 64-bit.

Nevermind, I tried again and something is keeping it from finishing the process. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it.

How long before a Monster Hunter Generations upload?

Dude, it's not even out for another month. Are you sure you're not thinking of Monster Hunter X?

No, I wasn't, but I am retarded.

Actually you were. I wouldn't stress over it, though.

so that FE; If english patch is working great, however it keeps on bugging me about needing an update from the eshop before I do any online modes, but when I let it nothing happened – very likely because 'murrican e-shop doesn't let you work with JP stuff.

is there a work-around for this, or do I need to get the shit NoA version to do anything online?

The american eshop does not have JP eshop content. You'd need to download the cia separately,

well shit, I didn't know I downloaded an outdated version.

my save files are still safe if I apply the new cia, right?

No user, an update CIA, not a brand new fire emblem.

How do I uninstall Gateway so I can make room for Newer More Improved hacks?

Is there a guide out there? or anyone else do the same?

EMUNAND9.
Back up your card and reformat it.

bless you, friend. you're a lifesaver.

make sure you dump your old emunand.bin, so you can reinject it.

Holy shit thank you, Ive had this problem for months when it comes to online play
But then I wonder, is there any reason not to select "survive reboots when launching some titless"?
or is it just the same

I'm currently following Plailect's guide on CFW.
I'm at github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
Do I have to update RedNAND to the latest version if I intend to follow the guide further to get arm9hax? Or is this an optional step?

I don't know of any reason it would be strictly required, but I followed the guide and did it anyway. It avoids the hassle of updating either post-A9LH or when you install a cia that requires updated firmware down the line, and there's no reason not to have updated firmware on redNAND or with A9LH.

So… if I upload a MHG code here if I get one, will someone dump the CIA?

You should entrust the code to the guy that dumped 7th Dragon VFD on that iso site. He'll make the release real nice.

user we're not gbatemp

Pic related CIA is out on 3dsiso chaps.

I've been waiting for this one, thanks for the alert, user.

So I got svdt
It doesn't see my games installed by .cia
When I go into the thing that lets you copy files it doesn't help because I have no fucking clue where saves are stored and it's somehow hard to find that online.

Can I get some help?
I just want to move my save files to my n3ds

use jksm
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/274399-mega-7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-usa-cryptofixed-regionfree.html

Rhythm Heaven Megamix CIA when?

Before I install Arm9LoaderHax, can someone tell me how easy/difficult it is to switch cfw on a successful A9LH install, as well as how to do it?

Maybe I should just mod my 3DS since it seems that will be much faster or I'm just a moron at this.

Advertisements for the new games

It's out
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275090-mega-monster-hunter-generations-demo-cia-eur-usa.html

I got a question

I have a 3ds with 10.3 28u on it and I've kept it like that for downgrading but never went ahead due to not having a big SD card, well now I want to play 4u online. Should I just say fuck it and update? I doubt I can get my hands on a 32g sd card soon but I was just thinking about just updating this 3ds so I can play and go online and just buy a new 3ds and downgrade that one. I've been meaning to get another 3ds anyways so I can trade pogeymans. But what do you guys suggest?

Are N3ds easier to downgrade?

user, don't kill the piracy value of your 3ds.
How big's the card?

4gig one that came with my 3ds

Well, how much shit do you value on the card? Safely upgrading is the priority here.

So PlaiSysUpdater crashed during the downgrade and gave me an error telling me to turn the 3DS off. I turn it on, goes to a black screen. I can get past it if I take the SD card out before turning it on, and I can get into safe mode with it in, but I'm not entirely sure what the "only if you have an entrypoint for the latest FW version and it is possible to downgrade from it and attempt the downgrade again" part of the troubleshooting guide is referring to.

Someone, please.

Just my Monhun saves

It means if you restore from safe mode, it will put you on the latest firmware (11.0), which will completely fuck your chances at downgrading without a hardware mod. The latest firmware patched all the exploits used to enable downgrading.

If you followed the guide, you should be able to use OTPHelper from sysNAND to restore your redNAND backup to the redNAND partition and try again at downgrading.

Mind just posting the link? I don't feel like trying to remember my password

So I'm on 10.7 and have a copy of super mystery dungeon.
How exactly does it kick me to homebrew and what do I need to do to trigger it?
Do I need to use that to get to homebrew every time?

No it's not worth it since you can do all that and more on a hacked 3ds.
You can even transfer your saves over if need be.

Do you have any way to get hacked saves onto Super Mystery Dungeon? A friend with a pirated 3ds, or a save dongle?

You don't have 12 dollars for a 32gb card?

mega.nz/#!UdE3HTZS!2W99GnB0b1e8jHprLHwdMnwfYSWXYKBG9k0QQrbmL8Y
mega.nz/#!hY0GBSBa!-qtcGUTX8kSbgp7tqWFXlnJe2RPCtpKoFfICOJfiYxU
eu and us respectively

I have a hacked 2ds so yes, I do.

Thanks for clearing that bit up.
I'll look for a guide on that somewhere.

So for the New 3DS only virtual console games, are those playable on an old 3DS if I use CIAngel to install them?

I've done this and all I end up with is a black screen. The menuhax loader works correctly, but it doesn't load into anything.

Doing the arm9 stuff, the guide tells me to update my system, do I really have to update from 10.7 to 11.0? Can't I just downgrade the EmuNAND to 2.3 and be done?

What are you following and what step are you up to? Do NOT update to latest until A9LH is set up and running Luma3DS!!!

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
Step 6 tells me to update my emunand but I don't see the point, can't I just downgrade from 10.7?

You could but you're doing so much other shit too (formatting your emunand multiple times, backing up) you might as well update it. Just use Luma and put the correct firmware.bin in the luma folder.

I keep trying to download the most recent Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC because I don't see the new My Fairy outfits.

I forget you gotta unlock them in the new Adventure Mode map.

How silly of me.

Oh for RedNAND or EmuNAND it should be fine. Just don't do it to sysNAND until A9LH and Luma3DS are set up or you're boned.

Okay then, thanks user.

The answer to my own question in case anyone else has it, was that yes, the ID will transfer and homebrew setup with the latest 3ds firmware is fine

But pirated games will only transfer the game data and not the system link to them. They need to be reinstalled if you set local transfer up and go to bed, so make save backups

Will 11.0 ever be exploited ;-;

Part 5 of the Arm9 guide tells me to uninstall emunand, should I do it? Won't emunand come in handy just in case? Not like I need the extra space.

You had way too long nigga
I was one of the ones who originally missed 9.2
There just isn't an excuse anymore. Sell your 3DS and get a new one

If you want to keep it as a security blanket, that's fine. It really doesn't serve any purpose with A9LH though.

I bought a secondhand one, and the idiot left their password on it so I couldn't complete the CFW installation

Welp.
Did you get it on ebay? Should have demanded a refund or asked for the password.

Pawn shop. The guy clearly wasn't the type that understood electronics well, so I didn't press the issue. I mean it's still a 3DS I got for cheap, in good condition. I'm just angry I can't play roms on it

I got a majoras mask special edition new3ds off ebay with 10.3 on it for real cheap
Found it by accident too, feel kinda bad but I left the guy a nice review. Hell even my sister just bought a new3ds from amazon at full price and it came with 10.7 and guess who's gotta spend his day installing arm9hax, god damn, so even the fresh ones are not at 11 yet.

Unless you walked out with that old3ds for 30 bucks, just shop around and get this shit done. You could probably get a used old3dsxl for less than 100 at this point, ask the seller for the version number. Pirated games, custom themes, etc. Get a new one and it'll run faster and you can force the extra speed on old games with the hax in

maybe this can help:
homebrew-connection.org/3ds-parental-tool-remove-the-parental-restricition-easily/

Just got a new SD card, Samsung EVO 32GB if I'm using A9LH do I need to do anything fancy or just copy everything from one card to the other?