Emulation general

This gamepad is kickass. The buttons and d-pad are deliciously clacky and it's fun as fuck just to tap buttons on this thing.
It's funny how much a controller can improve the vidya experience. This $10 gamepad beats the shit out of using a DS3 like I was before.

EMULATION/GAMEPAD GENERAL
what are you playan
what are you playain with
how comfy are you

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/gamecubenaiso
mega.nz/#!Hs9HgBwI!RyD2g5NNibDZuVM1fhllUliTJFpe8is1hA8JrjRISKc
amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465582242&sr=1-1&keywords=ibuffalo controller
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522487868984684547
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522424924695441408
wiinupro.com/faq
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just use a 360 pad for all my emulation.

Also been going through the NES games.

Trying to be.

Have you modded you 360 yet fags? I can run Retroarch, mupen64, ePSXe and nullDC on a CRT as well as 90% of the OG xbox titles. This Reset Hack Glitch stuff is truly bliss.

Best pad for Nintendo emulation.

I got a DolphinBar last year so I use the Wii classic controller on the PC. It's of course a lot like the SNES controller only a bit fatter.

Just finished replaying through Parasite Eve 2 in Nightmare mode, for the 20+ time and finishing a low buy run of GT4.

An Hori Gem Pad 3 and some random DS3 clone that somehow works with SCP.

In my bed doing laps on the nordshleife in a 787B / 10

Also someone uploaded a complete NGC set to archive.org
archive.org/details/gamecubenaiso

this is just a fucking handicapped controller. the 360 is optimal and a good fit for any game, modern or old

Yeah I'm sure everybody loves having the controller doing random diagonals when they're trying to go straight.

Except for everything that uses d-pad for movement.

that's why that controller also has a d-pad, like every other that's not handicapped

If anything, dualshock gamepads (1-4) are arguably the most flexible in that they can comfortably play the most games.

if you mean to insist the 360 has a good d-pad, I would have to politely disagree

I prefer the CPP, that's honestly a near perfect pad.

how is this one, anyway? are there even games on the wii U that use it?

i have a modded wii instead, which can run most of the snes/nes library, as well as whatever is on VC (although VC emulation isn't 100% accurate).

a modded 360 sounds intruiging, since I want to mod mine to play jap shmups. what's involved?

Puyo Puyo 20th anniversary - DS
Dragon Quest III - GBC
Dualshock 1 controller. Works good for everything that doesn't need 6 buttons and doesn't have super tight controls
really fucking comfy

Dreamcast emulation is subpar. Best setup would be a physical DC and Xbox, and emulate everything else on a PC.

360's D-pad was shit though. Also it forces you to grip the whole fucking controller, instead of letting you grab it with your fingers. Anything with a handle does this, making them shit controllers for shmups and platformers

The 360 might as well not have a d-pad, with how gimped and shitty the one it has is.

Super Mario Sunshine
Steam Controller
It has dual stage triggers like the Gamecube
Comfy enough.

It feels solid in the hands, and the battery life is great. The stick position takes some getting used to but after that it's great for claw gripping, because you can keep your thumb on the buttons and move the camera.
As for games that use it, I mostly use mine for Sm4sh. The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 1 and 2 and SM3DW support it. Splatoon lets you use it in multiplayer, and you can strap a Wii Remote Plus to it for gyro aim.
As far as using it on PC goes you either get the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and some more stuff or just buy the Mayflash adapter. It's good enough for PC that I use it over the 360 pad, and the Mayflash adapter supports Xinput so it's pretty much a drop-in replacement.

If you want to just run backups then go J-Tag, if you want emulators, custom dashboards and hacked compatibility files go RGH but it involves a chip and soldering.

On the dualshock in Dolphin, I mapped L1/R1 to the "light press" and L2/R2 to "hard press"
It actually works pretty well, though not nearly as seamlessly as the GC's controller

nah mang, Retroarch runs perfectly on it and playing on an old tube tv with it is just the comfiest experience around. DC emulation is subpar, i'll give you that but most OG XB games run flawlessly.

ALRIGHTY KIDDOS, TIME TO PLAY SOME FUCKING GAMES

Going on an SNES spree and currently playing Breath of Fire. I plan on playing Breath of Fire II as soon as I finish.

Being the poorfag that I am, just a regular keyboard. It's nice that RPGs are easy to play with one. Regarding emulators, Snes9x is fantastic and probably the best one out there.

It's not Autumn yet, so I'd say 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Autumn top comfy season of the year.

Recommended games:
About every game in pic related is good, some might want to start out playing what they've heard of but never played before. As for lesser known titles, Marvelous and Demon's Crest have left good impressions on me.

I've never managed to get retroarch to work, I usually just use mednafen. I'm definitely looking for a tube once I settle down, though. Is the 360 backwards compatible, or does it emulate?

Higan/bsnes is actually the most accurate, but both are pretty much top tier

I'm not familiar with Higan, but bsnes has been a bit finicky with me at times.

Okay anons, I am bored and want to play Dreamcast games on my PC. How do I do this shit?

If I recall, it emulates, and by default it only emulates a certain list of games.

From what I've gathered from other anons in this thread, DC emulation is subpar at best. Hopefully someone else will help you though

Download NullDC, the dreamcast BIOS, and whatever games you want. It's probably not going to run as smooth as you'd like, but for the most part it's playable

This library shit has got to be the worse new thing in RA, you can emulate any game you want adding to your library is limited to things that match the database, there's a script to add non-db shit to the library but honestly if you just wanna play some games you make sure you have your cores downloaded and do Load content > select file and detect core > select your rom and done.

I made a pack with most of what you need and a couple changes to default settings if some user prefer using that

mega.nz/#!Hs9HgBwI!RyD2g5NNibDZuVM1fhllUliTJFpe8is1hA8JrjRISKc

Depends on your PC and what you wanna play, if you want WinCE games abandon all hopes unless you have a 3rd gen desktop i5 or better, otherwise try NullDC and pray it works the other choice is Demul but it's way shittier despite the much higher accuracy and compatibility (crashes all the time, savestates are totally broken and you have to use vsync or face game-breaking stuttery bullshit)

I think that user was responding to my question:

But does RetroArch really limit the certain games you can play? Why the fuck would they do that?

I was talking about the xbox but it's cool that you've compiled all that shit for retroarch too.

Well if you really want to use the library system you're limited to roms that matches the no-intro database, which is both a good thing and a bad thing, you're not limited if you ignore this thing totally and just load whatever you want directly.

Yeah sorry for the misunderstanding but I've actually had people think RA limits what you can play.

I just got that same controller a week ago. I was gonna get a SNES30 but didn't feel like spending $40.

Works fucking great, especially for the price.

Mostly Doom and SNES games.

I've got a USB adapter for the original NES, SNES, PS1, and Gamecube controllers. Thinking of getting some for Genesis and Atari too. The paddle would be a fun mouse substitute in some PC games in addition to emulation. I got a CRT monitor for free from a neighbor. I was hoping I could go down to the native resolution of each console, but it won't accept anything lower than 720x400. I didn't even know CRT's could have a minimum resolution, so maybe my graphics card is just shit. At least I can see scanlines at 640x480.

Comfy as fuck. I have to get used to how bright the monitor is though. I don't remember CRT's being so fucking bright.

Fixed because SNK games have no business being played on anything that isn't Neo-Geo or Mame, and Brandish on SNES is shit, play the PSP version.

shit, really? I had literally just downloaded the rom on recommendation of that image and was about to fire it up.

Isn't the Genesis controller the same port as the 2600 controller? Be sure to get an adapter that supports all of those controllers, because the Genesis D-Pad is the best pad you can get without getting a circle pad

Brandish on SNES lacks the automap feature which makes playing it kind of a headache and it's censored.

Play the PSP version, it's in English.

We really need to redo these charts, Chart user is a fucking idiot.

I wish i knew what software to use because i really want to make some charts.

Also, the game speed is off and inventory management is completely broken. PSP version fixes this. Even the original PC98 version is better.

It's called Photoshop ya dingus.

For almost all image editing purposes, I use Gimp. I've never tried making charts though and I suppose it could be a pain in arse.

it sounds like you really love the game so I'll just play the PSP version

For making charts, any freeware image software will do. The only challenge I can foresee with chart-making is how to space every game's box-art perfectly.

Yeah, but iirc every button is fire if you plug it into an Atari. I doubt an adaptor would treat it any different, so I'll probably have to get a seperate one.

You could just use GIMP or Photoshop. The one in looks like an HTML table though…

At that size it doesn't really matter if the picture is stretched, so you could just make a template and paste it.

Just because the port is the same doesn't mean it's supported, but luckily Genesis controllers work on the 2600. No idea if the 6 button controller would work.
For an example where it won't work, the ZX Spectrum has the same port but needs it's own Kempston or Sinclair pinouts

Pin number | Function

Sinclair:
1 not used
2 common
3 not used
4 fire
5 up
6 right
7 left
8 common
9 down

Atari:
1 Up
2 Down
3 Left
4 Right
5 Not connected
6 Button
7 Not connected
8 Ground(-)
9 Not connected

Good job user. Brandish isn't really one of my favorite games, but I've played the SNES version a bit and can tell it just feels off, plus these are criticisms other people have brought up about that version.

I'm really just pissed off at these inaccurate charts made as to what is considered a "must play" for every system, because the user who made them has stated he doesn't play games and thus has no measure of quality, so he'll let any idiot vouch for some shitty port of a game get put on the chart when anyone who des play games would remove it. I remember us having to haggle with him to remove Street Fighter 2 the World Warrior from the SNES chart because it was completely surpassed by Turbo and Super. Really, a lot of the charts he's made need a good culling. I think the only chart isn't filled with stupid unneeded games and shitty ports is the original Xbox chart, which I think someone else made.

May as well remove both Clayfighter games, Bart's Nightmare, and Metal Marines. Flashback and Earthworm Jim too since the Genesis versions are superior. Don't forget inferior arcade ports.

Ill fite you mate

I totally meant Metal Morph. Except user removed it already, good job.

Fixed, Marines is staying because enough people like that game.

I have a dream anons, a dream that one day we will be able to play whatever we want, wherever we want. So that we may finally have games we all enjoy playing.

Trying Mario sunshine but the 60FPS and 16:9 patch seem to be screwing it up. I've followed the wiki for fixes but it doesn't fix it, I've noticed when I have cheats enabled but the patches unselected, the paint shows. But when I select the 2 patches they disappear. I've read that there's a specialized build I don't know what it's called, but is it recommended that I try it/use it? I'm using the latest dev build.
It's not the texture pack that's causing it.

Also the smash gamecube controller sucks, the trigger makes a loud spring noise and it doesn't feel as good as the original one.

So I found the main thread for Mario sunshine and found that the whole line of code in the wiki is not needed for the 16:9 aspect ratio, I got the paint back but it looks like this with 16:9 hack and without. In the wiki it says the issue was fixed in one of the builds.

If you're still in the mood for editing you could add that MAME allows you to overclock the Main SNES CPU during emulation, it has the potential to reduce all slowdown in many games by a lot but nobody tested it thoroughly enough on emulator, and on real hardware everything just breaks the moment you go over 4.1Mhz.

Can anyone reccomend a Gnu/Loonix PS1 and snes emulators that don't have a ui (so that it can be launched from Kodi) and that have support for shaders? Also recommend me a good CRT shader that emulates the phosphorus look good. I have a 48 LCD TV and everything looks like shit, especially PS1 games

What's the best emulator for Dreamcast?

Mednafen
Retroarch
Higan

That's because you've got to break it in you fucking nigger. When's the last time you held a brand new GameCube controller? 2003? These controllers are high quality and made by Nintendo directly, if it's good for Melee Tourney fags then it's good enough for you.

Retroarch

CRT-Royale with some tweaks for 2D content and CRT-Hyillian-3D for PS1 (you'll need to tweak one value to use it at native since it's designed to be used with 2x res)

Demul

God why are the emulators available on the DS flashcarts so trash?

Because you're trying to emulate something using a fucking DS maybe?

Pretty sure a DS can run GBA games just fine.

Yeah because it runs the games natively it doesn't emulate them.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Shadow of the Colossus
Wind Waker

Steam Controller

Meh, I could use some sedatives. Thankfully my kratom arrives today.

Chrono Trigger, just after having finished Terranigma. You best be using the retranslation patch for BoF2 m8.
Keyboard right now, was using an Xbone controller before.
Aus is quite cold at the moment, but CT's music bumps it to 7.

Is there a way to make the cutscenes not look like shit? I don't understand how you make a game where the cutscenes look worse than the actual gameplay.

Tell me user, is that stuff worth it? I smoke tobacco out of a pipe and drink alcohol (mainly wines and vodka) but I was thinking of adding Kratom to my list.

How does it feel? How do you consume it?

If you can find a local supplier and buy it at a decent price, it's great. It has a pleasing sedative effect, that relaxes you mentally and can give you couchlock. It's entirely different from the feeling of alcohol, as the chemical is closer to being an opiate, though the plant is a relative at coffee. If you take you much though, expect to get really dizzy and nauseous for an hour.
You can take it by making a tea out of it, or "rolling" it. You take a decent sized spoon of it, place it on your tongue, take a drink of something fizzy/sweet/acidic and roll the powder around with your tongue until it balls up. Then you swallow it.

It can take a lot of practice to get it right, as it tastes like you're eating a mouthful of matcha, and you can choke to death if you inhale the powder into your lungs. So you have to be careful, haha.

It's really nice though. I bought a 300g bag last month, and it lasted me for said month.
It's a helluva lot cheaper than hooch.
The only problem is that you start to build a tolerance if you take it everyday, multiple times.

sorry, typos.

If you're going to get into though, don't buy it from headshops. Find a local supplier who does it in bulk. They literally jew the fuck out of you if you just buy it at a store.

Don't buy it from headshops though, you'll get ripped off. Buy it online.

For fuck sakes, Hotwheels.

Thanks user

Oh yeah, definitely. I've downloaded bug fixes / retranslations for other games I plan on playing too.

Hey OP, is this the controller you're talking about?
amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465582242&sr=1-1&keywords=ibuffalo controller

Why does it says "iBuffalo" and not just "Buffalo" on your pic?

fuck

Anyone else pick one of these up specifically for emulation? It's fucking glorious.

I'd say try torrents

Do you mean you're too retarded to try to set it up yourself because its not just plug and play and you have to edit some config files?

I have that gamepad, its alright.
My R shoulder button doesn't trigger if i press it a certain way, even if the plastic is depressed.

I have, and yes, it's glorious. It's pretty much a modernized SNES controller. Another user recommended it in one of these threads and I picked one up to try it out. I've been playing the shit out of the MMX games and Secret of Mana with it and I've fallen in love with that controller.

SHILL THREAD

are you retarded or something

I'd like to know which one is better between this one and the iBuffalo

An original SNES controller with an adapter

Whats the best way to emulate on a tube TV? I really need help on this one.

Outside of a PC somehow hooked up? A wii should do the trick, it's cheap, extremely easy to homebrew and has good emulator support. Plus, the classic controller is pretty much perfect for anything

I have that but am getting super choppy framerates in a gba emulator

That looks like the one.
Now that you bring it up, I never actually noticed the "i" before. My controller looks the same as the one as in that amazon link, only it says iBuffalo instead of Buffalo.

Sorry user, I can't help you, I don't know any better, as I bought mine from ebay. w-what? They were selling two together for a discount!

Looks like a snes controller with handles, looks neat.
I just did a reverse image search, it's apparently a pokken tournament controller? what the fuck?

input lag nigga, though that greatly depends on the quality of your adapter

Yeah, it was released specifically for Pokken a couple months ago, doesn't support any other game officially. It's got a standard USB cable though, and is plug-and-play (with Retroarch on Windows, at least) so it's worth a look if they haven't run out of stock everywhere and shot up in price.

A softmodded console, Wii is the easiest , but PS3 and x360 are moderately more powerful

Other than that a RPi, but you only get composite output.

After that you need very specific setups that are more trouble than they're worth (namely WinXP + hacked drivers with an HD4XXX radeon)

that explains a lot. well I'm not really that interested in it so I'll probably just pass it over. thanks though

It's not just about power, but also about the quality of emulators made for it.
Technically, the Wii is powerful enough to emulate PSX and N64 games, but you can't because there aren't any competent emulators written for it.

No, the official emulator only works because it takes immense shortcuts and has many per game hacks (just look at the WAD injection compatibility list if you don't believe me), a generalist emulator isn't gonna get much better than what it currently have.

With severe compromise when it comes to accuracy, but I agree that it could be better than WiiSX.

What is wrong with you people?

Well, my point is that it technically has the power to do it in that it is more power than an n64. Of course, if the PS3 has taught us anything, it's taht raw power doesn't always translate to performance.

And I am aware of the shitty VC emulation, all the more reason to hate it. Though for some games, VC is the only way to emulate them properly.

Anyway, the point is that the Wii isn't the best for emulation outside the SNES era but VC titles and the great Wii library give it good utility.

This is a real bad idea.

SPOILER:It doesn't play Rez therefore it's shit.

twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522487868984684547
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522424924695441408

They can whine all they want

I post on pol with mine

Once they add NSA backdoors or find a way to keep me from encrypting the filesystem, then I will complain. This is how it starts, let's hope it ends here

sage for offtopic

the reality is that in the real world, you will run into people who disagree with you, whether they're stupid, uninformed or just outright don't care, it's a fact of life that we all must deal with.

personally, I'm not ever going to buy a raspi because of their kool-aid stance on GG - I hear that arduino is the same sort of device (hardware which you write script/software for) so I would personally go with that in the future unless I specifically needed a raspi. but otherwise, you just gotta be tolerant of people who are different, even if they are plebs

Arduino is a microcontroller, not a SoC like the pi.

Unless you want to make your own handheld gameboy board you're not going to get much out of it.

Are you talking about the cutscenes' resolution? All the cutscenes are pre-rendered, so there's no way to make them higher quality, unless you somehow convince Nintendo to find the original data, re-render them at a higher resolution, then give you the video files.

What is jtaging ?

I have an old 360 thst I want to dig up. I can't soldier .

I have both. The iBuffalo has shitty L/R buttons and a sloppy d pad. It's also kinda light and flimsy feeling. The Pokken controller is much better.

Trying out Nintendon't (NGC USB loader for Wii) with a few games (Timesplitters 2 & FP, Melee & F-Zero GX) and I'm aching for some horror to keep me on the edge (or a comfy game), should I get Eternal Darkness or REmake?

nigga if it wasn't so late at night I would record a video of mine right now to show you that this d-pad is anything but sloppy. it's tight and clacky

LR buttons feel fine to me, though another guy said he had problems with them. but the criticism of the dpad just isnt fair.

The thing is it seems the production of that controller is inconsistent. Some people seem to sing the praises of it, others have issues. It's cheap as fuck, so that is likely to happen. The plus side is also that it is cheap as fuck, so it won't be so bad if you get a bogus one. From my experience it isn't that great.

well, they ARE cheap which is why i bought two of them. for what it's worth, they both have the same quality d-pad.

Well, a $40 pad produced by nintendo will always outlast a $10 pad made by a misc japanese company so there's that.

If you haven't played it, ED. and if possible, play it on a CRT. Don't look up any more info and don't talk about the game for anyone lest they spoil it for you

Are you a real survival horror nut? Eternal Darkness is your fucking nigga, then play REmake. They're both excellent. Do you like good survival horror but won't play anything under the sun? REmake.

I'm saying this because a lot of people complain about some mechanics in ED, which honestly seems like casualitis to me, but what do I know? I enjoy just about any survival horror game out there. Even NightCry. The clunkier, the better.

That shit was a big step in the right direction, even if some people would disagree. A bit more refinement and less Unity3d and we got ourselves a revival.

Eternal Darkness 2 never fucking ever

Say what my nigger? Gaze upon this. Shit's not dead. And before you reply, look at the date.

Yep, it's really fucking good. Been playing some Megaman with it and it works like a charm.

I got a PS2 standing by in my closet. Is there any mods worth doing it on it?

FAT or slim?

In both case look up FMCB, a slim will handle burnt DVDs well, a FAT you might want to grab a HDD adapter instead.

Also note that OPL and other loader that play games from something that isn't a DVD can have an impact on the stability and performance of the game mostly loading times and stuttery FMVs but I've had game run worse altogether)

Forgot to mention it's a slim.

I will look into it, thank you.

I'm gonna try out ED now, cheers! If you have any GC recommendations, then tell me.

holy shit, i just remembered that this thing exists

Also quick question. If I'm gonna play REmake, should I play the GameCube version or the Wii version? Is there any differences? Does the Wii version include GameCube controls?

What the fuck how is this named one of the best emulators.

Either you're using an outdated version or bullshitting.

Well BSNES is like the super old version isn't it, it was repacked into HIGAN,

Using the core in retroarch is still a better option

I'm looking to find an emulator and a rom to play ghost trick, since I've never played it. Any suggestions of what or where? Google brings up a lot of shitty Russian crap.

I'd say get the PC version, but I'm assuming you're asking this because you have no monies.

I do believe the Wii version supports GC controllers, so the Wii version will likely be better because of higher (albeit only slightly) resolution. That's the only difference I know of

here's my keyboard control setup for PPSSPP and DS emulators for all the people without any controllers

WASD for movement
TFGH for the d-pad on PPSSPP
JKIL for the face buttons
U and O for the L and R bumpers
Enter for start, Shift for select

Have fun! not pirates :^)

I own one of those still in the box. Is it shit?

Emuparadise is your friend

I want one of these so very badly.

Did anyone get the JXD s192 yet? Apparently it's powerful enough to run Half Life 2, so I'm guessing it could run emulators up to n64 games at least 30+ frames. Thinking of getting one when the price goes down a little.

Famicom stuff looks, so much more iconic than their NES counterparts

I remember wanting some other JXD thing before, but that one sure is ugly.

Okay nerds, spoonfeed a n64 kid on ps1 emulation. i'm currently playing ridge racer type 4 on mednafen retroarch, i've enabled the supersampling option to solve the really annoying pixelated 3D graphics. what else is there to do or should i swap emulators?

that's as good as it gets, maybe using a shader to tweak the contrast or saturation but that is pretty much it

I have one. It's really far from great. I can go into a lot of detail about how bad it is, but I'll be brief here.

* The shoulder buttons are segmented very very badly in a way that makes it awkward to use (see image)
* You have to press far too hard to actuate the shoulder buttons
* The D-pad feels nice enough at first, but it feels insensitive to diagonals.
* I can't describe why, but the D-pad feels clumsy. When I use it I don't feel like it's controlling right, even compared to the original NES, and especially when switching from left to right. It doesn't feel like it rocks properly.
* The analog sticks are absolute shit. They have a strong bias toward the axes (ie. you have to press twice as hard to get them to go diagonal as you do to get them to go straight up and down or left and right)
* The sticks require an inordinate amount of force to actuate the buttons given the awkward placements
* The sticks have no dead-zone, but hit full actuation at about 70% of its tilt (effectively meaning there is a 30% dead zone AROUND the stick, except for at the diagonals, where it is considered being fully tilt on both axes. Technically, this means that 70% is inaccurate, as the actuation amount would be 1 / sqrt(2), or about 70.7%). This does mean that the sticks are actually square, in terms of actuation, not truly round. This wouldn't be an issue if the whole outside of this area wasn't a dead-zone for its axis. It makes controlling 3D games awkward, as you can tell that movement is off when you're moving diagonally, but you can't quite put your finger on why it's so weird.
* They can only sync to one thing at a time, and in only one mode at a time, so you have to re-pair the bluetooth every time you might want to use another device
* The bluetooth range is absolute shit. It starts getting patchy at only about 5 feet away, and fucking forget it if the controller doesn't have a line-of-sight to your bluetooth device (luckily, it works in USB mode, so this is a minor gripe in most cases)
* mine came with painfully sharp corners on the d-pad, and I had to file it down with a nail file
* The face buttons feel sharpish on the edges, but it's not too bad

The good points are just:

* The start and select buttons feel nice
* The stick placement isn't bad, and they're compact and out of the way, not snagging on anything when stowing the controller in a bag or something.
* The controller stows and fits comfortably in a pocket
* The style of the controller is great
* The size and shape of the controller are perfect, and it fits perfectly in my hands
* The stick design of a rubber top on a plastic stick with plastic edges is actually a great idea, and prevents the rubber on the sticks from wearing off without sacrificing comfort.

All in all, it's a controller that wouldn't be terrible at $15, but even then kind of pushes it. At its actual price, just fuck it and get a Wii U Pro Controller. It's the fucking best PC pad around when you get it properly pairing to your computer.

The NES30 Pro and FC30 pro are mediocre controllers that look fantastic. I really do love their aesthetic, but a controller really needs more than passable face buttons, decent start and select buttons, and a mediocre to shit everything else.

Seriously though, get and configure a Wii U Pro Controller. I wish it had more real use on the Wii U, because it's a great controller.

that is my beef with people in most gamepad threads, they seem to recommend lots of stuff that looks good but in reality they are pretty ordinary or even inferior.

Do CV1000 games even work on Demul?

If you people bothered reading amazon reviews you wouldn't have this problem.

disregard somehow got it working

I usually prefer using a keyboard, but I tried a 360 pad a few years ago and found it to have a similar issue, but maybe not as severe.
Combined with the shitty dpad, I can discard the opinion of anyone who thinks they're acceptable.
Are there any good gamepad sticks with round housing, accurate diagonals, and no built-in deadzone? I might just get a Steampad.

Wii U Pro Controller. It's the fucking best. Here's me fiddling with mine in xwiimote. Dead zone of under 5% constantly (and no automatic dead-zone, so you can set it at whatever level makes you comfortable), true round housing and sensing, and accurate diagonals.

Anybody ever use the Steam controller for emulators? I think the controller looks like shit, but a lot of people seem to like it. Does it work alright for Gamecube games and the like? I'll probably never get one of the things, because they're so expensive and I don't like the layout (especially Xbox-style face buttons and the stick down in the corner), but I'm curious as to how it's worked for people who have used it.

I thought so, sorry.

The 60fps patch seemed to work better for whatever reason, the goo shows up but I don't slip when I run on it.

Good taste

I flidded with it for a while when i was at a tech expo working and valve happened to be there. the "D-PAD" on the left is 200x worse than a real one but the whole touchpad thing is better than an analog stick, and it still has an analog stick for analog movement or a driving game. it would only be good if it or it's tech were to replace console controllers though, otherwise you're better off emulating with something that's more similar to the platform you're emulating and from a reputable PC manufacturer for things like all-mechanical buttons.

I don't know about now but at the time something i even suggested to their rep that could improve the controller a lot would be being able to use the touchpad as wheels or analog sticks by dragging your finger along the corners of the touchpad to simulate a wheel or resting your fingers on it and treating their position relative to the center as moving an analog stick.

Personally i'd look for a thrustmaster unless you can't stand the horrible d-pads or logitech if you want unoriginal designs based on the console controllers but all around better quality. I don't know if logitech makes mechanical controllers though.

What an abomination
only if someone codes an emulator for that abortion

collate different reviews together
always look at both positive AND negative reviews
if one guy praises feature x, look for what a negative review says about that same feature.
be an adult
make informed purchase decisions

Using a raspberry pi, just got cps3 games working so playing some glorious Red Earth.
Using a hori arcade stick with sanwa buttons for that authentic japanese arcade feel. So goddamn comfy

wiinupro.com/faq

maybe not…

It's your own fault. It works flawlessly in Linux.

Anyone know some trick to getting the first Shadow Hearts to run properly on pcsx2 1.4? It's perfect during combat and in menus, but when I've got it in the field it goes from 80-95%. This is after trying troubleshooting with all the options and a ton of experimenting, so I know about how you need Direct3D9 and the EE speedhacks, but it's still giving me trouble. Got a friend who's playing it at the same time who says he doesn't really have a problem, and notably he's got an Nvidia and I've got an AMD so maybe that's it and I'm fucked anyway.

If you're not using a dualshock, you're not playing right.

Don't know if you were being serious or not since that scheme looks terrible, but I actually tried it and it was pretty good.

controls.ini for the lazy. Copy and paste.

[ControlMapping]
Up = 1-48,20-19,10-19
Down = 1-35,20-20,10-20
Left = 1-34,20-21,10-21
Right = 1-36,20-22,10-22
Circle = 1-40,20-97,10-190
Cross = 1-39,20-96,10-189
Square = 1-38,20-99,10-191
Triangle = 1-37,20-100,10-188
Start = 1-66,20-108,10-197
Select = 1-59,20-109,10-196
L = 1-49,20-102,10-194