I just bought this

I just bought this.

Tell me how dumb I am.

Fuck off.

It's a great fucking game, essentially Peace Walker 2: Open World edition.
Don't listen to rabid fanboys who wanted another movie, but got actual game that takes effort to play and barely has cut-scenes.

I heard that it did everything Peace Walker did that made Peace Walker good, but did it wrong. Is this true?

Very

It's not that the game is bad, it's that he gave money to Konami.

It's a good game, just not what I wanted out of the conclusion to my favorite series.

It boils down to preference.
Do you like small separate levels or one huge map with levels being part of it?
Do you like console style game play or PC style gameplay?
That sort of thing.
I prefer MGS5 over PW, but that doesn't say much since both games are great.
Just don't expect any survival elements from MGS3.

you have 2 levels
and no high-tec facilities to sneak into, everything is out in the open and there's no "inside" gameplay
enjoy your pile of shit

Are you guys gonna castrate me if I say I never played a MGS game?

I've never played a MGS game

Imagine Crysis with all the cool skills stripped away and Radiant quests instead of actual levels.

Oh, and HUGE BARREN EMPTY WASTELAND.

Chapter 3 never ever

You wanted to play it so much you had to pay the denuvo toll?

I buy all my games pre-owned from other sources.

Shame user, I played the first two and peace walker before going on to 5

I couldn't emulate 3 and had no means to play 4 so I just read what happened.

Well you're retarded but at least you didn't give money to the makers of MGS3: HD Pachinko Edition

I'm gonna download and emulate the first one right meow
How long did it take you to finish?

I know I'm retarded you don't have to tell me, I've been putting off buying this game for quite some time now thanks to Holla Forums but I got a good deal and just have to see what the hub-bub is about.

Around 7 hours, no guides nor bullshit, just enjoying the game.

Its fun, though it aint a game I think I'll ever want to replay

Sweet, I'll play it

JSYK: My ID changes because of shitty satellite internet

Its worth whatever you wanted to pay for it, OP. Its unfinished with unrealised potential, but I hope you have fun.

You're dumb, but the game is actually really good. It's the first game I've played that actually seemed AAA in scope to me in many years, despite the cut content.

Forget about the plot and any hope you have for the cutscenes if you want to enjoy the game. The writing in MGS was always goofy after MGS1, but some of the later cutscenes in this game are written downright incompetently to the point that any English speaker should have recognized the nonsense sentences (esp. in the sandstorm). The fact that the gibberish is coming out of Quiet's mouth at what is supposed to be a tearjerking dramatic moment and the only stuff we ever hear her say is really, really cringey.

If you got it for $30 then it's worth it. Not GOAT or GOTY but still enjoyable. How is MGO3 doing on PC?

I got 80 hours of pure fun with it so I would say it's a good purchase. One of the few $60 games that justifies its cost in my mind.

I don't particularly care for most open world games, but I loved this. It actually felt like what open world games felt like they should be.

I also liked the story and felt like it was a good way to end the series. I thought it was great how at the end kojima literally says to the player "thanks for being a part of the metal gear franchise, you are the hero now"

Nigga at least pirate this unfinished pile of trash

I don't understand the "MGSV is unfinished meme"

Care to elaborate?

it was a fun game kinda of wish I didn't pirate it so I could enjoy online but still not gonna pay for the game.
don't know the state of online is thou

My understanding is that there was supposed to be a third game to finish the trilogy. Obviously this is not going to happen.

What the fuck, Holla Forums. At least FO4 was less boring than MGSV.

It is literally unfinished. Due to the whole konami drama Kojima didn't have the time and resources to finish the game properly.

That's pretty gay.

At least MGSV was nice to look at. Unlike FO4 with it's ancient graphics.

There was supposed to be an act 3 in which you destroy Sahelantropus and kick Liquid's shota ass again, plus more stuff for the ending instead of the game just dumping casette tapes on you.

The open world was a mistake.

Ground Zeroes was a masterpiece because it was an Open LEVEL rather than World meaning Camp Omega could be designed around patrols and different ways to complete the level. TPP just has areas which can be infiltrated in multiple locations but the overall area is smaller with less patrols.

But FO4 has a lot of interesting buildings and landmarks. MGSV is just a boring base and a wasteland with a few buildings.

Judging a game based on graphics

MGSV is applauded more because it tried a lot but sadly failed compared to what the series usually delivers. FO4 is just a more dumbed down FO3 somehow

But fallout is a barren wasteland too. I'd rather explore Soviet outposts and occupied mudhuts than shanty-town Boston and a deader-than-shit landscape. It's depressing.

Incredibly dumb, and here's why:

1. It's an unfinished game with a lot of cut content that renders the story mostly senseless bullshit.

2. Microtransactions.

3. Even if you enjoy yourself and get all your money's worth, you're still dumb because Konami fired everyone who made it, thus preventing you from adequately compensating the creators with your purchase.

But at least they didn't dumb down the exploration and world design. In fact, it's the most enjoyable among all Fallout games. It's so varied and well designed. The jetpack brought back levitation from Morrowind too, it makes traveling less irritating.

MGSV is just boring Crysis meets Splinter Cell. It might have tried a lot, but the concept and execution aren't good enough.

Outside the enemy bases, MGSV is so much deader than New Vegas wasteland.

You're a retard for not specifying this in the OP, baiting people to come yell at you. You're a double retard for buying it on a console.

Cool false dichotomy, guy pretending to be a Bethesda shill.

Who are you quoting?

cuck

What are you smoking.

At least tell me you didn't pay full price. I mean, I bought the game too, but I made sure I found a heafty price drop and added a secondary discount just in case too

lyl

The exploration only.

Nigger, Bethesda doesn't know how to do world building, how can exploration be enjoyable?

Enjoy your tactical half-finished game.

MGSV is the Phantom Menace of Metal Gear.
Sure Konami is shit but Kojima went full George Lucas.

I can't believe how hard they fucked up everything in FO4. It could have been mediocre but instead it was shit.

Pretty fucking dumb, you'll fit right in with the rest of mgsfags.

its a open world with a whole lot of nothing
a mother base with nothing in it
you just got fooled, OP.

I look for shit like these.

It's fun. It has the best controls and gameplay in the series, and you have a lot of freedom on how to complete missions. Just don't expect a good story or boss fights and you'll be fine.

OH BOY, MORE SKELETONS LEFT ALONE FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN COOL POSES
A++++++++++++ world building.

call me a pleb redditor anytime you want bud

What are you talking about, that's one of the things bethesda are really good at man.

Exploration is literally the only thing that Bethesda can do well. Their maps are good and exploration is the game.

It's just a walking simulator with some gameplay attached to it, fam.

meh, delta force from freaking 1998 has a lot more freedom

Pleb 9gagger

Apparently nowadays making a big sanbdox filled with half the toys missing and another half broken is considered good world building.
Who knew?

Pick one. World design is the same as level design, it doesn't really incorporate lore and writing and stuff.

But turning Cyrodill from swamp and shit to generic forests is grate.
Oh, look, more good world building.

Did you even read my post, retard?

The one in which you compare world design to level design when talking about bethesda, who makes pathetically small dungeons and puts lit torches in them?

No, I'm talking about FO4, not oblivion.

See you're not seeing the point. This is literally just the map we're talking about, not the game mechanics, not the "toys", literally just going around exploring.

That is good world building, the fact that the game is shit is not taken in consideration because they're two completely different things.

This. OP you're not an idiot. Yes, the game could have had more, but it already has a ton of solid gameplay.

Yes, fo4 has amazing world and is no way smaller than way older games.

Having it being smaller or bigger is not the point you dumb faggot.

Please, do tell what you consider good "world building" because apparently it's the number of skeletons in cool poses.

"World" building might be the wrong term to use, but what is meant by it is that the place you are in feels like a location rather than a level. That the world logic is consistent, it is populated by characters who react to their surrounding in a realistic way and so on.
TES games fail in that respect every time you find fresh produce in long-abandoned caves, when villagers barely react to dragon attacks, when you can be captain of the royal guard and head of the thieves guild at the same time with no repercussions. The scenery might make sense, but the world doesn't.

The fact that there are small touched in every area, a lot of objects have been handplaced and make some locations feel more interesting.

Most of the map is also really pretty, and you can see how much care was put into making Boston seem like a real city.

The game is literally just exploration, I wonder why they even bother having a story or a main quest at this point, they should focus on what they know how to do and stick to it.

They're good at making interesting location and then filling those areas up with small touches, making you want to go through them just to see them.

This is coming from someone that absolutely hates Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but I mean, it's just the truth. They've been making open world before anybody else, and you can really see the experience in that regard.

good world building isn't about size. There is such a thing as too big. Maps can get unwieldy large and be a pain in the ass to traverse. Good world building is making a map that has a good balance, areas of the map that don't sit unexplored. If you use mountains and such, create lanes of travel that don't suck.

Take FoNV. They use mountains to create three main lanes of travel with an open space on the top and a semi-open lane across the bottom. It starts you you out in the bottom left and makes you take the bottom lane to the rigt lane then into the open space. From there you're free. The only thing I dislike about NV is the top right and left. The mountain and the place north of lake Mead.

You need a map that facilitates fun exploration. Fallout 4 is okay at that.

Oh, like fo3 with its town built around a nuke and nobody growing any food..
Like in fo4 some dumb wastelanders waiting their entire life for you, the messiah, to finally start building a town because only you can show them how the fuck it's done.
Nevermind that 200 years after the bombs there's still that fucking rubble everywhere.

No, it doesn't MAKE you do that.

If worldbuilding were about size, Just Cause 2 would be the best fucking world ever, only second to Daggerfall

That's true. It's actually more fun to try and dodge deathclaws to get an early start.

That's not the point, how are you not fucking getting this.
The world doesn't make sense, but it's because it has interesting locations.The idea of a town built around a nuke IS exactly why the world building is the only salvageable part of the game, because it's something so dumb that only people after the apocalypse would think of.

And you keep going back to lore and how the story is built, that shit is bad, everybody knows it, but that has nothing to do with world building.

What?

I just want the world of Fo1 back. What happened to villages and farmsteads trying to make it in the desert?

I never said FO3 and 4 have good world building. I say the exact opposite.
The skeletons are a perfect example of someone THINKING it is good world building. In actuality it makes no sense at all.

Building a whole town around a still active nuke. It's dumb, it's incredibly stupid, but it's what people that have never received an education would do. There's propaganda telling you that the nuke is safe all over the city, and the people living there would believe it, exactly because they are fucking stupid.

Easiest way to beeline to Vegas is actually go to halfway up Black Mountain, dodge the trap gauntlet, then go downhill north.

You're a dumbfuck.

Why would anyone build a town around a nuke in the first place? Before or after the apocalypse?
Id get it if the people there were batshit insane and followed a religious cult, but thats a minority of the town.

Fallout 3 seemed to be basically be designed thinking it takes place right after the apocalypse rather than 200 years later.

Sure thing, bro, just like uneducated people constantly shoot their heads of because they don't know how guns work.
Oh wait, this doesn't happen constantly.

The crater made for a good defensible position and I think that the plane that was carrying the nuke crashed near it (which is why part of the place is made of plane parts)

That has no correlation to the world being a better place to explore, it's not that fucking hard to understand.

Farms would make it fucking boring, because that's what they are, just farms. Yes, in a better game it would make sense, but this is just a game where you go from place to place, and farms would be a waste of space.

This

The bomb is considered safe by everyone, because they keep telling each other that. They're not smart, why would they not believe it?

As soon as I saw the twist, I laughed at the inevitable outrage from the retarded fanboys with their headcanon. Those who spent years imagining Quiet to be Chico.

I laughed because we once had an argument about fans outrage over Raiden in MGS2. Kojima had made a faux pas, thrashing a great character for an emo bishonen. But if he really wanted to get another main character, what should he have done to avoid that reaction? Maybe the same that was made with Nero in DMC4: fucking carbon copy the character, literally recolor him in another name.

It's also the most obvious twist in history, crystal clear from the intro, and yet fanboys still managed to get their feelings broken over "not having played as Big Boss the whole time". All other criticism is the usual crap from trying to rationalize a hissy fit.

New Vegas had farms and the accessibility of clean water and viable farmland being a major plot point.

Just say what you really want- you don't want "good world building", what you want is a game with "cool shit", a game where you go for 10 seconds in any direction and find some wacky shit.

If the position is so defensible, why did they build a huge fucking wall? What are they evend defending from, raiders? You dont see any raiders until you go to the supermarket

It does when the rubble blocks you from taking a different route than intended to an objective. The GNR mission is basically one narrow corridor.

Oh, and isn't the town full of kids right next to where big mean orcs live?
Now that's more good world building.

Yes, and that's because New Vegas is a great game, and because New Vegas is not a game that encourages exploration. It has a more linear progression through the wasteland and the story.

And that's good world building, where everything you find is at least mildly interesting. At least for an open world game.

Yeah nah. it's a good game but it's so easy to cheese through and get S ranks on everything.

I mean christ, I can get S ranks on total stealth missions using only a grenade launcher and C4

Not seeing raiders is more of a pacing thing. But having a crater surrounded by a wall means that bullets can't be shot into the town, only things lobed over. If it was a hill, you could still shoot at things poking over the wall.

The collector's edition contains an incomplete movie of an event that was cut.

This is what marketers and faggots hold as gold standard that the game is only half done. Yes, it's that retarded.

There's plenty of shit to discover exploring in New Vegas. Though the main problem is they're uneven about it. The further south you go, the less there is to bother with, and it's about impossible to judge whether you're going to run into coyotes, Vipers, Giant Radscorpions or Deathclaws.

The bomb is not safe, nobody says it is. Probably the first quest you get from the city is to disarm the nuke, and youre given the option to blow it up. The cult there "bathes in the waters" and get radiation poisoning
Its not like the sheriff has some secret information that the nuke is live. Besides, if he did, why would he tell every lonely soul that waltzes into the city?

Yes, town full of kids managing to do just fine in a world full of mutants, hostile animals, slavers, raiders is "interesting".
Another term for it would be "dumb fucking shit only retards could stomach".

Well, that the director was kicked off the game before release and his name removed from the cover and marketing, and the publisher immediately shut down its entire video game department to make gambling machines does kinda lend credence to the idea.

Maybe that's why I enjoy listening to jingle, jangle jingle so much while walking around afghanistan in MGS

To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day

Whats keeping them from just walking in? Your player character is able to enter with no pause or caution on other NPCs.

And not having raiders there for "pacing" is just bullshit. You could, i dont know, have a quest where you make a small militia off the people in town to defend from a gang which is pestering the city. Would make for a great way to get some character development, test out speech and skill checks, and let you fight enemies at little risk to your welfare.

There's a robot outside, the first thing you hear while approaching the city is the robot telling you that the bomb is safe, even before you know that there's a bomb.

Listen, I can clearly see you're bent on you being right and me being wrong. The idea of a town ruled my kids is great, making for another really cool area. It doesn't make sense, I never claimed it did, but that's exactly the point. None of these places make sense, but they're just neat additions that make you feel like there's always something new to see or find.

I really don't know what to tell you, you've just been repeating the same things over and over, and I told you I agree that the lore in Fallout 3 and 4 is absolute dogshit, but if you can't see my point then there's absolutely nothing else to discuss here.

Yes, the point is that if the world doesn't make sense then the game has shit world building.

Sounds like you're just retarded.

What exactly does he say? Because the bomb is safe, even though its live. iirc the sheriff tells you the bomb is live and hes looking for someone to disarm it once you ask about it

Pacing thing again. What you want to spend 15 minutes talking to a guard every time you enter Megaton?

And there were raiders right next to Megaton. There was a bunch in that school, where they were trying to tunnel into the vault.

Now you're just stealing stuff from NV.

No, no it doesn't. It means it has shit lore, shit writing and a hack director.

But the map being interesting and encouraging you to explore by putting small interesting things everywhere is good world building.

You seem to confuse what I'm talking about, maybe there's another term to define what I'm trying to say, although I can't really think of anything at the moment.

I'm sure you can at least see what I mean, feel free to suggest a term.

Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say~

You keep repeating the word "interesting" but I don't think you realize it doesn't hold any objective value. You might as well argue that the locations are "FUN".

No one dared to ask his buisness, no one dared to make a slip~

What you seem to be talking about is catering to the ADD, Push button to make something awesome happen-crowd who can't be bothered to think of a world's consistency and just want disjointed stuff to make le memes out of.

For the stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip~
Big iron on his hip~

Okay, long story short - you're worried about creative bankruptcy that Bethesda in your eyes manages to avoid, while everyone else in this thread is disgusted by the intellectual dishonesty that Bethesda exhibits in its games.

Something along the lines of "Welcome to megaton, don't worry the bomb is perfectly safe."

Of course someone that wasn't born in a vault and didn't receive education (which the player did outside of the game) doesn't know that it might still be live, so will will blindly believe it.

Building an interesting world has value, how can you say the opposite?

But that's not it, you're not making anything awesome happen. You're just going around looking for neat things.

It was early in the mornin' when he rode into the town~

Psst- what you find interesting seems retarded to me.

Sounds like you would enjoy a little game called Gone Home. That game is nothing but looking at neat things.

You dont have to do it every time, but you should have to do something once to prove youre good. Hell, youre probably wearing the vault jumpsuit at the time, so they'll think even more that youre a raider who just cleared out a vault.

And I literally stole it from NV because that is a good quest that can be dropped into many situations and still work. Look at the structure of the quest:
If thats not a summary of just about every good rpg quest, I dont know what is

You're still describing shallow, short-lived experiences that might make you chuckle first time, but put in the context of the whole game, they seem stupid and out of place.

Well you seem like you rabidly hate on everything that doesn't follow your ideas, so that doesn't really surprise me.

You're reacting as if I said that Fallout 4 was the bestest game ever, when I just said that there are some facets of it that are not absolutely terrible. But it seems like you're so decided on hating everything about it that you can hardly even think that something might be an interesting addition to the game.

But none of the things in gone home are interesting.

Fair enough, but luckily the amount of short lived experiences is so high it's a game all in itself.

Not in context of the game, but the game's world. You know, the one you talk about when you say "world building"

Just a typo on my part. One of the first days of blistering heat here and my brain isn't working optimally just now. I mean in the context of the game world.

FO4 has like 250 marked locations. It's by no mean smaller.

If you got it for cheap then not too stupid.

If you paid more than £7 for it then you're a fucking idiot.

Finishing any one of those two dungeons in the pic takes longer than traversing entire length of fo4 map. It is fucking small.

Don't make yourself look bigger than you are bruv, I seem to hate on the shit you say because it's dumb.

You have to be retarded.

All your posts follow the exact same bent logic that makes absolutely no sense, but you still seem to use because it makes you right.

You sound dumb as shit, and it's dumb people that usually deal in extremes, just like you're doing.

Calling bethesda's "world building" shit is extreme now?

Someone spoonfeed me the correct play order to get caught up in the metal gear series. Do I just go up through the game releases or are there some weird black sheep I should avoid?

Play them in production order. For MGS1, play the PS1 version, not the remake that butchers the voice acting. Also, Peace walker is generally considered optional.

You're using crazy comprisons or arguments like in

That have absolutely no correlation to what was being talked about just because it proves your point. You refuse to see anything that isn't what you think is right even after I explained to you that I'm not talking about that shit or that we're obviously talking about two completely different things.

Instead you keep insisting that world building is lore and writing, when I already told that is not what I'm talking about.

Someone this hard headed is either dumb, or has been date raped by todd howard.

Don't listen to that user, Peace Walker is really important and a great game.

Except I'm not, I gave you many examples how shit bethesda is at world building and the only thing you did was

Holy fuck you're doing it again. All your points are that X doesn't make sense because Y. And for the 20th time I have to tell you that I am not talking about that.

That's lore. That's writing. That has absolutely nothing to do with the map being full of itneresting places that encourage exploration.

What is wrong with you? Can you really not understand what I'm trying to tell you? Just stop for one second and try to think about what I'm trying to say instead of repeating the same shit you've been saying for the past 30 posts.

Ignore that dumbfuck fam. This is an MGS thread anyway, better discuss it somewhere else, stupid me for bringing FO4 this far.

You're going on about "interesting" shit again.
Are you looking to replace "fun" with it as the next meaningless world stupid fucks use when they can't explain why they like something?

you're like, 10 dumb

Alright user, fuck it.
I'm not gonna spend two hours talking with someone that has the IQ of a pepperoni.

You're right, everything in this game is shit, there are absolutely no positive aspects about it and it's popular exclusively because people enjoy actively eating shit.

You're even wrong about that. It's popular because it's the next hyped gaming 'experience'.

Yes definitely, it's just marketing.
Great job.

That's not even what I said.

It's not as great when someone else is doing it, is it?

Someone else? You were being retarded since you opened your mouth, this isn't anything new.

yup, definitely

Hamfisting bazilion attractions to the sandbox sized area doesn't make it big theme-park.

where is the skeleton in the first pic?