ITT: Games You've Kickstarted

Have you ever donated to game kickstarter? You can be honest. Do you regret it? Do you think it will come out? Are you playing it right now?

I donated to pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads-counterplaygames.netdna-ssl.com/launcher/v0.0.10/DuelystLauncher-x64-v0.0.10.exe
akairiot.tumblr.com/post/122366792370/manga-palutitties-featuring-moonspeak-because
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, why would i give my hard earned money to others in exchange of promises?.

Pics related. Its what I've kickstarted.

No, because I'd rather use my money for food rather than a promise.

Worth it

I preordered Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and Torment: Tides of Numenera after they were successfully backed.

Does that count?

no regrets so far

Yes, Shantae. I considered Shemue 3, but I was little suspicious of some of the stuff surrounding it and decided against it.
Do you regret it?
No. I went for the $10 tier, so it's no skin of my back if it's shit.
99% certain. If nothing else, the animations I've seen are worth $10. I'll be very disappointed if it never comes out, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

The only thing that worries me is that a lot of Wayforward's talent left to form Yacht Club Games, but what I've seen so far looks like what I was expecting.

I haven't been burned yet, but I don't think I'll be backing anything else in the future anyway.

not Holla Forums but I almost backed this fucking mess. I'm so glad I didn't.
I'm still disappointed

Only once, and I regret it, though it was a valuable lesson learned and I got my chargeback, so I don't feel too awful about it.

Only two I donated to were Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2. I donated enough to WL2 to get a boxed version, since I was such a huge fan of it.

I don't regret either one, but after that I put money down on a few other games whose names I forget, and they didn't make it, so I became disenfranchised with the site. Haven't used it since.

Project Eternity
Torment: Tides of Numera
Shantae: Half-Genire Hero
Star Citizen
Mighty no. 9
Pathologic
Where They Cremate the Roadkill

Also got early access for Distance and Subnautica.
All worth it (except for Mighty No. 9, obviously). Though I backed that one mostly out of spite, so I got what I was coming I suppose.
Really hope Where They Cremate the Roadkill is still released though. Isolating yourself from the internet and not releasing your game are two different things, damnit.

Jesus christ, this one really pissed me off. I mean, the pilot wasn't AMAZING, but it had heart and it was cute. I enjoyed it.
But man, when I saw this on 4/co/ I thought it was a troll. I literally couldn't believe it and my heart sank. I used the follow Nat's art blog and thought she was pretty cool, but this was like a slap in the face. It looks so bland and hollow. There's no life to it at all. The old anime shoujo style that clearly influenced Nat is totally gone.
I mean, I understand why it looks like this: the pilot was a passion project made by one person (for the most part) and was probably going to be simplified a bit. And yes, it has a small budget. But all the charm from the pilot is gone. It looks so cheap. And this was suddenly announced after the KS. It's the lying that hurts the most. They must have known what changes they would have to make, before the end of the KS. You can't tell me they didn't.
It's insulting.

I know you're still here.

Feels good to have dodged so many bullets, at least something in life is going right

I forgot to say that I also donated to that Colossal Kaiju Combat game as well.
It's been several years.
Still isn't out yet.

Isn't that the one with the giant green furry kangaroo?

DELETE THIS

That's the one

My condolences.

I still occasionally get emails from them, so it's not like the game is dead, but I'm becoming less and less optimistic about it each time.

oh boy

What are you a fucking casual?

And endless legend, though that wasn't on kickstarter. Pretty satisfied with my decisions.

Also, shameless shilling for Duelyst. If you like competitive well balanced online games, get on it. It's a fantastic, it's free, I suck at it but goddamn I can't let go until I gitgud

I think I saw somewhere that it is pretty much dead in the water. My condolences, but you should have known better. But then again I doubt anyone thought the furries would take over the way they did

I probably should've, yeah. But I was really itching for a new kaiju game and Godzilla PS3/PS4 wasn't announced yet.
I think kickstarter has great potential as a platform, but the amount of delayed or outright cancelled projects doesn't really help its image.

Shantae HGH. Games coming along so whatever.

With so many of them ending up as blunders or not happening, I smug at the people who pay for promises and justify their buyer's remorse.

Im gonna need some sauce on that picture, mr. user.

Asooka anvil from bible robots

i didn't gave money to it, but i was constantly shilling it around

I've kickstarted a few games, mostly because at the time I had a good paycheck to help pay for it.

Yooka-Laylee was one of them too. Ready for the toybox demo to come out so I can decide whether or not to feel ripped off.

Pic related.

I'm worried that dancing transformations are going to feel slow and cludgy as fuck compared to the pirate items.

Same here m8.
Still waiting for those third alt commanders and the prismatic skins I paid an extra $5 for, but it's pretty nice in its current state.
I'd rather have the $25 I spent right now, but I was young and naive back then, and at least it's actually sticking to something resembling a release schedule

Also,
Shame on you.
downloads-counterplaygames.netdna-ssl.com/launcher/v0.0.10/DuelystLauncher-x64-v0.0.10.exe

Yeah. After Pirate's Curse, it's a shame they're going back to the old transformations. I mean, the dancing is cute, but it disrupts the game flow.

Thanks user.

ive backed every video game kickstarter and ive yet to be disappointed

I'm pretty retarded, because I can usually decipher these things but this one is failing me.

None that have gotten to their goal except the op. Hope it is good.

I'm in a good mood, so here.

You're welcome.

akairiot.tumblr.com/post/122366792370/manga-palutitties-featuring-moonspeak-because

I kickstarted Wakfu and Divinity and they both turned out amazingly.

I've never donated to a Kickstarter, but I have done a crowdfunded game before (pic related). No regrets.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun Returns
River City Ranson: Underground
The Bards Tale IV
Torment Tides of Numanuma
Double Fuck you tim schafer
Copper Dreams
Мор.Утопия

The only ones I regret are River City Ransom Underground and Double Fuck you. River City Ransom Undergroud because it's probably never going to be released, I think it was set to release in 2014, and it's a 2d brawler, and it's 2016 now, it's already over 2 years late at this point. Double fuck you was just a mess and now I just don't care about Double Fine.

I have never donated any money to anything.

I gave money to reprinting the MOTHER OST on delicious transparent red vinyl and towards getting a physical release of Clannad in English. I figure you can't fuck up repackaging something that's already been made too bad.

I've only Kickstarted 2 things.

Yogventures (we all know how that worked out)

Yooka-Laylee

Yogventures was a shit and I haven't kickstarted anything since then. I'm happy to kickstart Yooka-Laylee even if it turns out somewhat shitty, which I don't think it will, just to get another 3d platformer and to show companies that people are willing to buy them. They're one of my favorite genres of games.

I was going to donate money to Tennaple's Armikrog, but I didn't have any cash at the time. I'm glad I didn't because the game was a disaster.

-Still no Wii-U release (lol Wii-U)
-Outdated, shitty gameplay
-Unfunny with little or no dialogue
-Terrible audio issues
-Very short
-Botched up soundtrack release (how do you fuck this up? Bastion did it right, and it didn't have 2 million dollars)

Not even Mike Nelson could save it.

Mighty No 9 - $40
Hover - $15
CatFish - $10
Shenmue 3 - $5
A local game convention - $50

It seemed like a good idea at the time to back MN9. Catfish was a friend of mine's game so I helped him out. Hover seemed cool so I threw some in to the pile, same with Shenmue for the most part. The convention one got me a badge for 10 bucks cheaper than I would have gotten from just showing up.

almost
almost donated to Bloodstained
my bank didn't allow it to be processed
ill just buy it when it comes out if it ever turns out good

I'm the original poster of those videos from the demo that was released. As far as I can tell transformations are near instant as long as you select the directional button for the correct one at least. I just drew out the animation a bit for jiggles

No
No

of all the things to kickstart this is easily the worst.

Hat in Time

Not really, I donated a fair amount and in hindsight I should've spent less

It's been a while but I'm sure it will, they're constantly posting updates on both the Kickstarter page as well as their other social media pages

I have the beta and it's pretty good

I never kickstarted anything, I just couldn't invest in anything that I didn't get as soon as I paid for it. I just never trusted anyone asking for a handout and a promise that may or may not be kept.

Why would anyone fund someone who self proclaims themselves as a "Social Justice Dwarf"?

the kickstarter was before social justice warriors started becoming any bit mainstream

Yup, at least Kickstarter implemented some rules about failed projects after that abomination.

Why not just give him the money directly then? What the fuck kind of retardation is this?

So I have the worst luck.

But I was also an idiot back when I donated to these things.

So bully me promptly.

A Hat in Time - 40 bucks (Added 20 bucks later to play the beta)

I don't exactly regret this, but I later found out they follow Feminist Frequency. But whatever, indie devs will indie dev and eat the indie dev bullshit. As long as the game is good (which from what I've played, it's pretty much exactly what I expected.

Mighty No. 9 - 20 bucks

This one is obvious why it went to shit and I regret it every day. Fuck me.

Hyper Light Drifter - 15 bucks + 5 bucks added for soundtrack

And the soundtrack isn't even that good to listen to. I liked FEZ's soundtrack, so I thought okay, why not. But it's absolutely just garbage. Objectively, it fits the game. But it's just so boring.

Zoe Quinn, I think Brianna Wu, and Anita are thanked in the credits.

Kill me.

Did it meet my expectations?: Could of been a lot better.

Night In The Woods - 20 bucks

I have no idea why I donated to this. Looking back, I literally do not understand why I did this.

They released this shitty little "demo" thing, and it was THE MOST pretentious thing I have ever "played".

I want to die.

They're within the Indie Clique and have even said things about GG.

I hate myself.

SCALE -10 bucks

The concept looked cool.

But the developer is fucking Steven Swink, another prominent member of the indie clique.

So fuck me sideways.

The best part is, they decided to switch engines from UR3 to UR4 and no one heard anything for MONTHS. And now, they do streams just to let people know that they're working on the game.

Yooka Laylee - 54 bucks

Listen. Banjo Kazooie is my favorite game ever made. This is something I was waiting to happen for years.

They've been talking about getting something together with the Rareware crew and my dick was fucking diamonds.

I'm weak, I know.

Raughable every time

Never donated to a kickstarter, but I did buy Rivals of Aether, in spite of it being Early Access. I pirated it, thought it was bretty gud, and bought it just for the online.

Mind sharing?

I kickstarted one game, which was Starforge while I had supported other titles like Kinetic Void, Takedown Red Sabre, Rekoil, and Interstellar Marines.

Unsurprisingly after ~2013 I just plain stopped supporting early access/preorder titles and periodically have months of no game purchases.

I backed Tower Unite, Infinity Battlescape and Starbound

Tower Unite was definitely worth it.
Starbound not so much

i backed;

Suffers from not being fun like the prequels were, disappointing in every way except scope.
10/10 amazeballs game love love love it, the devs rule
If i ever met the thieving kikes who made this scamstarter i would assault them so bad they'd never type again. Why its still on steam is beyond me.
Pretty fantastic dungeon keeper, very fun, steam workshop, its great!
got what i expected, hope people make more mods for it soon, 7/10 enjoyable
same as above 7/10 enjoyable, and well priced
Warhammer 40k eternal crusade

I have to say im surprised at myself for how many i funded, big mix of results, but i dont regret kickstarting in general, you just gotta be very very savvy with what you fund, suspicion is key

Oops forgot;

disappointing in most ways, maybe it'll be good one day, but i just wanted a 40k planetside 2, which they dont wanna make. Wish i never gave the revolving door dev company money.

Star Citizen. Don't regret yet, I think it'll come out, and I don't currently play it because of limited storage space.

I've enjoyed what's currently available, and I don't see anything that would currently prevent the release beyond development delays. The memes haven't quite come true yet.

I tried to back bob's game but my credit card got declined and I made better decisions when my financial problems cleared up

But why would you donate to an eceleb ever?
I'm not saying that they all suck, but if say Vinny or Joel wanted to make "Vineventures" or some shit, I would tell them to shove it.

You're in luck with Yooka-Laylee. They've got that Toybox Demo coming out in July and will be at E3. Its probably been the most promising one so far. But you're still autistic for that many fucking kickstarted games.

wait a minute, that image

Thread is pointless.

Shroud of the Avatar

I don't care if it's good or bad, it's Lord British and I'm gay for that stupid faggot. It was fun when the PvP release came out, and I got to kill people while grouped together with Lord British.

A couple buddies of mines were dead set on donating for a bundle pack tier for Starbound
I gave them one dollar and they gave me the fourth copy, I regret it.

Way back when the kickstarter was still going on me and 5 friends bought a 5 pack backer thing for Pulsar. The devs even personally thanked us. Cant say im disappointed how it turned out. Its legit fun. I should play it more.

I also bought into the hype for starbound Altough a bit disappointing i had my fun with it. The devs are utter sjw cancer though.

Too bad LB's gay for Hillary and you'll never feel the caress of his silver serpent against your thigh.

i'm not saying you should kill yourself, but think about it

I normally wouldn't support Kickstarter but I would have given my money for this neat N64 cartridge. If it didn't require a god damn €430 pledge.

Jesus fucking christ, these people are crazy.

You could just copy paste the image, buy sticker paper, print the image and put it on a cartridge.

Same with the shirt; anyone have a picture of the shirt's design? I really want it but I couldn't shill out 85 pound.

Gave $10/2 bux to Yu Suzuki. Don't jew us out like Inafune did, Yu1.

I guess I could, but I'm not good with printer so I'll just cry myself to sleep over not having that kickass cartridge. I'll still buy the game maybe even both on PC and Wii U if it turns out to be good.

I've backed 5 games.

The first one I was massively hyped for, I actually spent my first paycheck on it. Turns out the first developer was a scam and they handed it to someone else so it wouldn't be a complete waste of time and money. I'm not completely mad, I'm still waiting for the release.

Second game is some stupid indie shit I don't even care for anymore.

Third game seemed like a good successor to a well-known series, which I haven't even begun to play. Reviews are positive but it fell into my backlog.

Fourth game is Yooka-Laylee. I think it's going to be fucking amazing and single-handedly revive collectathons.

Fifth game I immediately backed when I heard who the creator was. I played it right away and had a massive blast. This was to date one of the best uses of my money in video games.

Overall outside of the first game I've never experienced any real failure, which is why I have a very positive outlook on kickstarter unlike most of Holla Forums. The first game was Homestuck.

Yooka Laylee was the first and likely last time I'll ever do it and only because I had faith the guys behind it hadn't lost their touch from the N64 days. Looking at the new trailer I'd say I don't regret it yet, the only criticism I have is a lot of the animations look really rough.

I wish Takedown had asked for enough money to finish the game, it was obviously a passion project for the guy but he hung himself only asking for $200K. and right after it funded Tim Shitface got his vacation money, sad.

Here's my list:

La-Mulana 2 was the only one I donated for. Though it's kinda sad I'm not following the updates and development at all, since I love the first game. I'm way too fucking lazy.

But I trust the devs

I'm certain I would have donated to at least Mighty No. 9 and Night in the Woods too at the time of their campaigns if I could.

What are you, a furfag?

I've only backed one game, Stonehearth. The development has been really slow so far, but the devs do biweekly streams showing progress and what theyre working on, and I just love the game overall, so I have no regrets.

I also bought subnautica the first day it was available because I loved NS2 and followed subnautica since it was first announced. The change from procedural to crafted environments was a tad disappointing, but I'm hopeful about the game still.

Speaking of Yooka-Laylee, when is that Hat in Time game coming out?

That's what they get for using unity. I'm surprised it's looking as good as it does considering the awful engine they picked.

Downloaded but never touched it because I hadn't heard good things. Kind of a waste then.

I honestly don't even remember what kind of game it's meant to be and I've no real interest in the game anymore.

It's coming out soon right? Only backed $10 so I guess it was an advanced pre-order. Better have made good use of the budget.

I'm a sucker for indie games that aren't pixel art or top-down shit, so I'm interested in this still. Dunno when it'll actually release though.

Backed because it looked cute and fun, but then over the course of a few months the developer proved himself to be an insufferable SJW cunt and apparently it's so much of a "not-game" they're proud it's been compared to Gone Home. I kind of hope it never comes out now just so the fucker's career dies.

Was excited to give the middle finger to Capcom. Now I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how much of a trainwreck it'll be.

Not even joking.

Months and months from now

There's a tiny chance Huss will release it tomorrow, or at least post the HS epilogue, given the date. But then again, I can't remember the last time he's used 6/12 as a significant date after the first time.

kickstarting is a bad idea you faggots

>All worth it

Overwatch is allowed a circular thread so it can always stay on the front page. If you allow the shit to stay, it makes the shit feel welcome. It's only going to get worse.

Yes.
Two Mr. Shitface games. (Pre Gamergate)
MN9
Hyper Light Drifter
Shantae

And a couple unsuccessful ones like Voxelnauts (Because of Mark Kern… with no idea how much people on that project hated him.)
Boogerman
and some other shit.

And just when I thought never ever again.

Shenmue III

Do you regret it?
Yes. Still holding on to hope Yu Suzuki will not let us down with Shenmue III since AM2 was one of the greatest game studios that ever existed, but for the most part I've learned my lesson.

Shovel Knight - don't regret a damn thing. Plague Knight campaign was extra fun a year after beating the main story.

Hyper Light Drifter - fell for the 'art game' angle. 30fps - fugg

Unsung Story - game went from "FF Tactics spiritual successor" to "hey guise, it's now a MP game and you can help us balance it! Also, we ran out of money, but we'll invest in it after we ship our other product :^)"

Kickstarter honeymoon is way over. I regret everything except the first

I donated $420 to Undertale
It was worth

It's been considered way too many times while thinking about it.

user, I want you to pull the trigger.

IT'S COULD HAVE YOU FUCKING NIGGER

Don't make others take responsibility for your fuck ups.

You pull the trigger yourself, bitch nigga.

I fell for the hype of kikestarter when it first came out. I truly believed it would be the future.

Reality of kike devs shattered that illusion pretty fast for me.

Anyway, here's what I backed:

Xenonauts
Darkest Dungeon

Never ever Citizen
The Mandate
Interstellar Marines
Yes Your Grace
Battletech

Mighty No.9
Chroma Squad

Just kill yourself already.

kek