PSP or 3DS?

Saved up some money for a handheld, which one should i get?.
I'm looking for something to pirate lots of games.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suggestions welcome…t-thanks.

PSP if you wants to be able to emulate lots of shit. 3ds if you care about exclusives. Mon Hon is fun

PSP is the current portable emulation machine thanks to homebrew, and has exciting exclusives such as MonHun
3DS is on its way to become the next portable emulation machine thanks to homebrew, and has exciting exclusives such as MonHun

either psp or sbc

I don't do handhelds but, why not get a smartphone and put an emulator on it or something?

Where are the buttons?

no thanks

n3DS below 11.0 FW, preferably 10.5 and under so you can hack it painlessly.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

PSP.
3ds is literally just a monster hunter machine.

On the bluetooth gamepad where they belong.

Buy a Vita with an old firmware and install the PSP cfw on it. Reason for that is because the Vita has a second stick and the PSP doesn't, and all PSP games run perfectly fine on the Vita with no fps drop and faster loading times than the original PSP. You can also play some Vita games, no new releases though because you won't be able to update without losing your cfw psp.

PSP is way cheaper and plays PSP/PS1 games, emulation outside of anything past 4th gen PS1 excluded is pure shit and even SNES leaves a lot to be desired (aka it's barely a step above ZSNES)

3DS has DS + 3DS + GBA natively (not 100% about GBA but I think it's doable now), you might be able to do some PSX at a playable speed with a N3DS but not with an O3DS, other than that you're limited to 4th gen and down (and SNES emulation is arse as per usual on low power handheld), you might also run into trouble finding an exploitable console right now.

3ds has the best versions of taiko no tatsujin out there, so 3ds.

What do you want to do with it?

PSP. 3DS is hacked but the homebrew scene isn't as developed
PSP Go. You don't need that much space so the space limit isn't an issue. It's tiny as fuck and the battery lasts ages.
PSP 1000 to 3000. Replace the memory stick thing with an adapter that takes 2 MicroSD cards and you'll be able to stick every PSP and PS1 game you need on it.
3DS, for obvious reasons. Even if you don't hack it the Supercard DSTwo and R4i 3DS should work, but I haven't tested them.
3DS. I don't think the PSP gets new vidya nowadays
Alternatively there's the Vita, but that's not hacked yet.
Both. PSP for Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd, 3DS for MH3U, MH4U and soon MHX.
New 3DS. It's a nice upgrade but unless you play MonHun or you want the horrible port of BoI for some reason there's no need to upgrade.

You forgot SNES and the ability to run 3ds games at n3ds speed, which is great for Snake Eater 3d.

No need to get a PSP when the Vita does everything the PSP does but better.

PSP. Larger worthwhile library, especially in terms of RPGs. Nothing new though obviously, but there is more than enough to keep you occupied for ages. Much easier/safer to pirate for as well.

except piracy and reasonable memory card prices

user, the safest way to pirate on the 3ds is
It's not that hard if you don't care about armmemeloaderhax.

It's not even hard to do the A9LH. I'm not sure why anyone would be against it.

Sony has given up on the PSP, it'll work the same way tomorrow as it does today and it won't ever brick your shit.

I keep a PSP Go in my jacket pocket for passing time while I'm out. It's small enough that I can just forget about it, and the battery lasts forever. The Vita is great but it's too big to just leave in your pocket forever, unless you have big pockets.

A9LH is good and shit, but it has a higher chance of human failure.

You can install a PSP cfw on the Vita and have all the piracy the PSP has.

Well I keep my Vita in my backpack when I go to work but I can understand your point of view.

3DS has awesome Nintendo games and MoanHoon. Vita has a bunch of forgettable weebshit.

Depends on your taste, OP. Do you like FUN games, or do you like pretending you're an anime?

Awesome Nintendo games? Like what exactly?

Thats funny, OP never mentioned the vita.

Get a PSP. It's cheap, piracy is painless and it had a shitload of games

You can get a cheap 2ds for 60 sheckels.
You can get a cheap psp for about the same price.
At that point you might as well get both, user.

I've been wondering the same. Is the 2DS any good?

After switching to a n3ds XL, I can say it wasn't that bad. Screens are small as shit, but it felt comfortable enough to hold.

I heard (just parroting here) that no 3DS systems are shipping above 10.7 yet. If you don't update, any retail-purchased system should be good. No idea for how long that would hold true though.

Also, 3ds by a long shot if you want current games. PSP for emulation.

Oh i see. They are dirt cheap so i just hope that it runs homebrew.

Runs 3ds, ds (with flashcart) NES, GBA and most non-resource intensive homebrew I ran.
last time I bought one was 3 months ago, and it was 9.4. You should be good.

Mine has served me perfectly well. Build quality is great, the controls aren't cramped, only downside is it doesn't fold, which isn't a problem when you never go outside. The screens are the same size as the regular 3DS's screens. For perspective, the 3DS's bottom screen is the same size as the screens of the DS iirc.

Yes, it runs homebrew given you aren't on the highest system firmware. N3DS will have more power anyways, so you'll be able to emulate better, run games at better speeds, etc. If you're like me and you're just going to play picross and turn-based RPGs in bed, it's perfect. Touch screen is a little uncomfortable to use while pressing the buttons, so Metroid Prime Hunters probably isn't going to be pleasant, but I didn't have a problem with Etrian Odyssey

PSP or Vita if you want a lot of variety and great games.

PSP if you want homebrew

3DS if you want 3DS games - there aren't many of them.

Definitively the PSP (either the 2000 or 3000 model); especially if you can read moonrunes for all the games and VNs that never set foot outside of Japan.

I would suggest going with a DS lite+R4 alongside of the PSP, if you can. 3DS is meh as a handheld, and while I'm a big fan of the Vita, I would never recommend it to anyone with budget issues (because of no piracy yet, and probably will never appear, and it relies too much on import) and not knowing any moonrunes.

Just buy a decent smartphone, get a controller, and download PS1 and PSP emulator fam.

see

Smartgoys should fuck off honestly

smh fam tbgh

I'd just emulate a PSP (PPSSPP is some fucking wizardry and it runs well even on dinosaurs, I have a refurb office computer it ran spectacularly on) and grab a New 3DS to crack open and pirate with.

New 3DS is around as decent for emulation as PSP (can install NES, GB/GBC/GBA and Genesis natively, I think it can also do Master System and Game Gear), though you don't get PS1 games with it. There's a PS1 emulator but it runs less than fabulously without sound on New 3DS taking full advantage of the better specs, while PS1 games run natively on PSP since it's basically a jimmy-rigged PS1 on steroids.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Sm4sh and Hyrule Warriors Legends alone made the system for me, let alone loads of other good shit to pick from. Just stay away from Paper Mario: Sticker Star and you're fine, really.

oy veeeeeyyyy, you don't have anything to worry about goyim. i'm just trying to give you the best experiance!

If you're looking for something to pirate shit on, go PSP for now since the 3DS is still working on becoming the next great emulation machine. The 3DS is good, but if you just want something to pirate stuff on, its not ready for prime time just yet.

3DS just got all that Downgrade/CFW going on, you can pirate games on it easy, it has some really good ones.
PSP is easy to pirate, and has a good library too, but no new games and you can easily emulate them all on a good PC or even smartphone.

just emulate the psp in the pc and buy the 3ds and hack it.

You're the human failure

You seem fun to be around.

The title clearly states what OP asked for, and nowhere it says anythong about the Vita.
Also smartphone fags should go right back to reddit, i mean, if you get to choose between original hardware that is cheap and 100% accurate or a shitty smartphone emulator that costs your right arm and has battery issues and is a tracking device, what do you choose?

You must be over 18 years old to post on this board.

psp can accept microSD cards with an adapter and you can load PS1 and PSP ISOs onto it

from a library point of view, PSP is better

The thing about smartphones is that, can you guess it, they're phones. They're not primarily handheld game machines, but they do a lot more, like a super compact touchscreen computer, where you can emulate lots of different stuff. If you already have a smartphone, the emulators on it are free. If you don't, you can buy a phone that also plays games or something that only plays games but has better input without any peripherals, it's up to you.

Is there a 3DS chart? If someone has it post it for user, seeing some games might help him decide

PSP's cheaper and easier to hack, and many emulators exist for it.

3DS is a good option, but hacking it is a long, tedious process (and you better make sure you don't get one with the latest firmware), and emulators are currently still under development.

No thanks.

It's best to get a PSP 2000. It can handle any emulator the 1000 can't, you can flash the CFW directly on it so it boots up when the system itself boots up, and it's sturdier than the 3000.

What about the screen? Werenn't the 3000 and Go screens of superior quality?.

If you really want an emulation machine, look for stuff like the nvidia shield.

Not too sure on that one. Never actually seen a Go in person before, but from what I see with my own PSPs (2001 and 3001), the 2000 series is a lot brighter and the colors are better

Go's screens are better, but good luck trying to find one at a good price. 2000/3000 are sold like candy compared to the Go.

This. If you ever decided to go down the Android route for emulators and shit it would be much wiser to get a dedicated machine with built-in buttons like the shield or one of these things. Closest we'll get to a true PSP successor in terms of homebrew software and emulators.

Forgot link.

GPD G7 is superior to that JXD trash.

3DS

You can emulate PSP even on smartphones

Underrated post.

I can't wait for the 3ds to be as blown out as the psp was.

But not every game.

How so? The PSP is still one of the best handhelds in existence.
You have to be a fucking normalfag to have a phone to begging with.

This

Psp is easier to emulate,both exclusive first party games are very mediocre.

I have both and i d choose psp ,Snes,gba and psx emulation is great.Also there are some games like ghost and goblins,Dracula x or Daxter that are notable tier.

On the other hand you miss some Ds hidden gems like pic related .

3ds cant emulate GBA games easily .

what game?

Radiant Historia

Pls respond

PSP for sheer volume and ease of piracy.

3DS, you may have temporarily missed the boat, the new update fucked a few things up, as I understand. Existing hacks are fine, but you basically have one shot at making a downgrade attempt before being forced to update to 11fw, which seems to make downgrading again impossible with current methods.

3DS can't emulate past SNES well, but there is a PS1 emulator in the works, and SNES and GBA games work natively.

new 3ds is better at emulating everything fuko
besides ps1 of course

There are more emulators for the PSP.