Cuphead gets platform levels

It looks really cool.
Too bad its for the Xbone.

Thoughts?

It's coming to PC too.

Really? Nice then.

I actually played this game at a booth. It was really nice. It really is too bad it's on Xbone only.

When is this coming out?

Looks OK I guess.

Game journos can't into English.

Can't wait to play this, they've nailed the look flawlessly and it looks like they didn't skimp on the actual gameplay. I might even purchase it.

Actually, that was from the developer's website. So that might be worse.

One of the only things I'm looking forward to.
Cuphead looks like a better megaman game than MN9

It might get a pirate if I really feel like it. It looks pretty "Flavor of the Month" to me

Question is, do you get to disable the chromatic aberration and film grain in the options menu?

Everything about the visual design is wonderful and accurate to what they're trying to imitate, except the stupid filtering

They announced an option to disable chromatic aberration and other stuff months ago.

Im cautiously hyped for this game, it looks fun

Jesus Christ this looks good.
And I bet the budget for this was even lower than the one for Mighty N.9.

Wow I can't believe you people.

Honestly I like it more for how it looks like it's going to play rather than how it looks, even though I love old cartoons. Shame about no more boss rush though, these platforming levels better rock my socks off.

That means Windows 10, right? If that's the case, I can't play it either way.

look's like something I'd enjoy

It's going to get a steam release, I doubt they meant win10 by pc.

People will find a way to play it in other OS.

At least that's what i'm expecting for Killer Instinct…

Good

The last thing I played advertised as a "W10 exclusive", Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, ended up working on W7 and up, so I doubt it. The official site just says it's coming to Steam.

Some dev tweeted they had it running on linux

Last I heard, it only runs with DX12, which is W10 exclusive right now.

It's really more Metal Slug than Megaman. Maybe a little less now that we have platforming stages though.

Isn't it W10 only? Fuck that shit.

While it does look good, that grain feels like it would hurt your eyes after a while.

Read the fucking thread faggot.

Metal Slug isn't really boss rush though. If anything platforming levels would make it more like Metal Slug, no? Were you thinking of Alien Soldier by any chance? if yes you are my nigger

Read the damned thread already

ALRIGHT YOU FAGGOTS LISTEN UP, THIS GAME IS ONLY BEING PUBLISHED BY MICROSOFT IN EXCHANGE FOR XBONE/PC EXCLUSIVITY, BEACAUSE ITS AN INDIE GAME AND ITS NOT BEING DIRECTLY FUNDED BY MICROSOFT, ITS GETTING A STEAM RELEASE, GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS STRAIGHT

The guy animating the game is also did this some years ago if someone still used Newgrounds by them.

what bait, faggot
it was supposed to be a launch game

His art has gotten better.

Yeah and they pushed it back so they could add more content and platforming, when they realised they had a gem on their hands.

fuck off, shill
like i said, this shit doesn't even fucking exist

fuck off shill
like i said, this bait doesn't even work

you dont fucking exist

"Coming to PC" and W10 exclusive are not the same thing.

Reading is hard, I understand

Prove to me you exist.

Why people can't read the fucking thread before posting?

it's okay guys, plenty of people buy into vaporware

I buy into vaporwave too.

There's always that one faggot that ruins the fun.

am I the only one who thinks this looks really fuckin boring? the level design is more linear than a fucking Mario game. run jump airdash shoot some faget, rinse and repeat. why is everybody creaming themselves over this shit? aside from the art style, it looks more boring than undercancer.

this tbh fam

mein neger
metal slug is the best run and gun ever, no exceptions

actually that's not vaporwave, that's synthwave/electronic

SJWs are gonna blow a fuse when this releases because of the period in history this game is emulating.

I can already see them moan about the mermaid.

it's okay guy, plenty of people buy into bait.

I don't have an Xbone user, it's coming out on PC.
Go sperg out elsewhere.

Dropped.

It's okay to be wrong

Truly, a man of patrician taste.

I remember staying all night with my older cousin speedrunning Contra over and over.

Heed your own words.

Apex taste user

This series being dead just reminded me how much I fucking hate current konami

It still hurts user.

Those were the good ol' days.

Might scratch the itch

Yeah intrusion is damned great, can't believe the first was a flash game.

The second still looks like one.

This is pretty much what I imagined Mighty Nro. 9 would be like.

The influence of the SJWs is already on the decline. The biggest problem we have to worry about now is gun shy devs and publishers continuing to shadowbox.

Wrong, if anything it's on the up and up in AAA dev. It's only now that they're really starting to push it.

This.
Every MC nowadays is either black or a female.

thats my jam

but seriously the game looks good and i liked how they mixed old cartoon visual and audio with the gameplay, it seems great.
what i did not like was the fact that a lot of enemies were been throwed at the player, and by throwed i mean randomly generated into the screen. if i got that part right than its the only flaw of the game since random generation seems like lazy work and when its done on enemies usually bring bad results.

nice, I prefer smashing enemies jumping on them, but that's cool too

and W10, but I have neither, and it's not a system seller, so too bad

At least most indie devs got the message.
Last one I can remember being SJW was Hyper Light Drifter, besides beibg a shitty game of course.

Is the style becoming a gimmick Holla Forums?

Wish they used less jazz, shit's gay and sound like a mess.file:///home/user/Desktop/bc44771d634a20434b1b24aa7e5e4d82.jpg

READ THE FUCKING THREAD, ITS GETTING A STEAM RELEASE

Do you need asistance user?

For a second, I thought I let the webm on loop, but I guess it's just the level design that is uninspired

Of course it's a gimmick. I don't think it really matters, though, as long as it's fun

Do you happen to work at the UN by chance?

They nailed that steamboat willie idle animation.

The levels are just filler for the boss fights it seems.

This is the same reason I can't bring myself to enjoy "Vaporwave". It just sounds like shit. Aesthetics, my ass, when you're pulling the same modernist bullshit like deliberately leaving a sculpture blank.

Nigga i'll end you.

You do know that vaporwave was and is a joke genre, not music actually meant to be enjoyed.

just wait for contra pachinko using the fox engine

Yup, Synthwave is where it's at. It even uses the same hardware so it's like the 80's never ended.

I do like the blurry, low-res feeling of old CRT and radio but though.

It's a fucking mess of styles made by cosmopolitan retards and it sounds like ass.

Eastern Jazz is the only good jazz because it's not actually jazz so much as it is music that follows the established principles of real music but uses "jazz" instruments.

Old animated films had chromatic aberration?

It was made as a joke to mock modernists.

"muh art style"

Fuck you niggers you can't decide what other get to enjoy

Some of it is okay. Most of it is just garbage and gay shit like (((impressionist))) shit.

Indeed, but you also can't prevent people laughing at your shit tastes

Of course, but liking the genre in general is a sign of being dumb as a brick.

This is going one of those games with terrific art style and music, but a generic level design at best isn't it

Enjoy missing out I guess

It fits in the with the style

Listen to the original samples, faggot. That genre is scummy as fuck.

I never said anything about Synthwave. But modern synthwave is trash anyways and every song sounds the same (that techno trance sound eww). Listen to the classics or get bent.

I actually agree, and listen to both genre, but honestly that coming from someone who listens to synthwave is kinda making me angry but i don't know why.

Penguin cafe is good though.

Your taste is fucking garbage, kill yourself.

I can enjoy all genres if the artists are good just like vidya if anything the samples help me find even better music because Im not a normalfag that ignores shit because its old or a hipster because its new, stay pleb though.

It's because AAA games take years to make. So the SJW influence is still making waves because those titles started being developed years ago. Post-2014 productions, though, might go in a new direction given how much shit they've been getting and, most importantly, how shit sales they've been getting as a result.

2d indie shit

Thank you for your input that states the obvious

That's an actually good song, you see because it was actually made in the 80s.

Whatever you say /mu/

it's time to end it

Only bad Jazz is Chicago Jazz

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for very chill, night time music with really enjoyable saxophones, like MGS2's Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday or embed related. Is this jazz or something else? Basically all I am is a sucker for good sax.

>>>/mu/
Go, and stay there, "connoisseur".

what's this type of jazz called?

caint spell rap without crap am i right

These are very enjoyable, much obliged user.

However sorry to be picky but there's something missing in the sax there. I don't know how to describe it, here's another Gunpoint track where the sax kicks in at about 1:17. There's something very… soulful? Romantic? I don't really know how to describe it besides that it has a very soothing sound to it.

Much obliged for those recommendations though, I've downloaded all three to my playlist

GAME OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR

I FUCKING HATE THE CHROMATIC ABERRATION I CAN GET A FUCKING CRT YOU FUCKING SHIT DEVELOEPRS OR AN ACTUAL PROJECTOR

Unless microshill paid them exorbitant amounts of money, Why would any developer do that? Do they not want people to play it?

Can't you read the thread retard? It's going to have an Steam release too.

Can't you read the post retard? I wasn't talking about cuphead I was talking about games in general.

Was the audio recorded with tin cans on a wire?

Nice cop out retard.

Yeah i get what you are saying, but i enjoy either a more sorrowful or more jumpy tone for sax performances.

Impressionism has nothing to do with the jews, there are a lot of (((people))) on Holla Forums misusing echoes this week.

All fucking niggers must fucking hang.

Try listening to some Wagner, sometime.

The chromatic aberration is complete aids though, it hurts my eyes, I fear it could possibly do severe damage to them.

Apparently you can turn it off?

Its not a W10 exclusive though. Its a steam exclusive.

They intend to do a port to OSX (mac) and ganoo linux shortly after release as well, so no it is not W10 exclusive.

I started listening to synthwave and whatnot due to HLM but after a while I just realized I like electronic tracks in general. I mean damn, my most listened track is Deja Vu by Scattle and that doesn't even have any synth.

Although I must admit a lot of synth does appeal to me, Dynatron's Aeternus is an album I really like.

You can

Don't be a pleb and listen to the classics, y'know the real deal.

You're either an extremely oldfag or incredibly new to life. Either way, I enjoyed it.

I'm tired of this me me.

They didn't want to show too much of the game and they wanted to show something interesting enough so they showed bosses. I'm sure they are only showing platforming levels because of redditors who don't like to read.

This thread needs more 1930s cartoons.